PDA

View Full Version : TMZ Reports: Joe Walsh gets death threats from elderly neighbor!

ticky
05-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Check it out!! from TMZ -

Joe Walsh: Someone's Trying to Kill Me! (http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/27/eagles-joe-walsh-restraining-order/)
Originally posted May 31st 2010 12:45 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Koala
06-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Frightening!

I found another article!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5440910/joe_walsh_death_threat_underscores.html

TimothyBFan
06-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Wow-Poor Joe. How scary! But WHY?

Prettymaid
06-01-2010, 12:28 PM
WTH??? This would put a scare into anyone - let alone someone who performs onstage. He's a sitting duck!

Brooke
06-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Good grief! People are crazy!

sodascouts
06-01-2010, 05:20 PM
How scary but... this guy is Joe's neighbor? He must be wealthy, and he's 70+! Not exactly the profile of a psycho killer, although I guess anyone can snap. What's going on there? Joe playing his music too loud at night? Did he accidentally step onto the old man's lawn?

But better safe than sorry. Hopefully now that old coot will think twice before threatening someone.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Good Grief - pretty sad state of affairs when you have to get a restraining order on a 70+ year old man displaying this type of violent behavior. :shrug:

GettheLeadonOut!!
06-01-2010, 05:32 PM
How scary but... this guy is Joe's neighbor? He must be wealthy, and he's 70+! Not exactly the profile of a psycho killer, although I guess anyone can snap. What's going on there? Joe playing his music too loud at night? Did he accidentally step onto the old man's lawn?

Perhaps he's a huge Bernie Leadon fan?

ClownPrinceLover
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
:fear::fear::fear::fear::fear::fear:When I first read the headline, I thought it was a joke!! Frighteniing stuff, but I think Joe could "take" this guy if he had to!!!

http://www.spinner.com/2010/06/01/eagles-joe-walsh-restraining-order-death-threats/

GettheLeadonOut!!
06-01-2010, 08:21 PM
They have taken the guy into custody. Here is his mugshot:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/hughmonger/Bernie/stalker.jpg

ClownPrinceLover
06-01-2010, 08:56 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Hysterical!!!

sodascouts
06-01-2010, 09:14 PM
LOL!!!!

sodascouts
06-01-2010, 09:21 PM
This "discussion" about it made me laugh:

http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=5356022

TimothyBFan
06-02-2010, 07:27 AM
:hilarious: That's cute!

Actually I was wondering, does anyone know how old Cliffy really is? Just a thought but perhaps he's just getting tired of hearing "Joe this" and "Joe that" and after this past weekend....:shrug:

TimothyBFan
06-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Wow Soda--you actually saw this thread, commented in it and HAVEN'T merged the two yet? I can't handle this disorder any longer! :brickwall: JK ya!! We love how orderly you keep this board!

ticky
06-02-2010, 09:29 AM
hehehe :nahnah:

06-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Actually, IMO, this topic probably deserves its own thread. Sometimes important stuff can get lost in the 'press' threads. And Willie, you are right, while we may joke around about keeping the board orderly, let me just say this - I really appreciate it whenever I'm going back to try to dig up an old post that I can probably figure out where it is with relatative ease. Sure saves me a bunch of time! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Wow Soda--you actually saw this thread, commented in it and HAVEN'T merged the two yet? I can't handle this disorder any longer! :brickwall: JK ya!! We love how orderly you keep this board!

LOL! I was just thinking about doing it, actually! Perhaps I should give this its own thread. I'll be deliberating. ;)

ETA: Post duly merged and organized into their own thread!

Aaaah, I feel SO much better now. lol

Troubadour
06-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Crazy! (Not your prompt de-cluttering, Soda - Joe's neighbour. ;)) I hope everything works out for Joe and that he gets some peace and quiet. It's easy to joke about things like this, but that guy doesn't sound like your average, complaining 'old man next door'. I'd be pretty concerned if someone was handing out threats like that to me or my family.

Prettymaid
06-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Soda, I also appreciate your organizational skills. I'm the same way.

I hope this gets resolved quickly. I don't like to think about Joe's life being in jeopardy. It's like a bad episode of Criminal Minds!

Nobody'sBeach
06-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I hope when he gets home for a break, Joe sets up every amp and speaker he owns, in his yard, plugs them in, aims them dude's way, and opens fire...

How'd 'ya like to wake up to that, Mister Neighbor?

jdubfan
06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Doesn't sound like a punishment to me :wave:

Troubadour
06-03-2010, 01:07 PM
LOL! Completely agree, jdub. In fact, it would be the perfect audio accompaniment to the summer! :headbang:

ticky
06-03-2010, 01:17 PM
CALLING ALL STALK.. I MEAN ARDENT FANS!!!! Let's all go down to Joe's place and run this guy off his property!! WE Can be Joe's neighbors!! YAY!!! PARTY AT JOE'S HOUSE!! hehehe

Troubadour
06-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Good idea! Especially as Mike has ditched our Wichita party plans in favour of going to Vegas. ;) I'm sure Joe would love it. His wife's opinion may differ...

Prettymaid
06-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Walsh says he was so freaked out -- he filed for a restraining order to get protection for himself, his wife, his assistant, his maid and his gardener.

:hmm: A rock star can never have too many maids...

Nobody'sBeach
06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Doesn't sound like a punishment to me :wave:

And if dude thinks it is...maybe he's in the wrong neighborhood. :partytime:

When my neighbor moved in next door, she had a tiny baby. I was relatively sure the baby was taking her naps on the other side of the open window outside the kitchen side of my house. I remember saying (to my neighbor, not the baby), "Plz let me know if my radio's too loud". Her response? "Are you kidding me? I love Joe Walsh! RMW is my favorite song!"

MikeA
06-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Good idea! Especially as Mike has ditched our Wichita party plans in favour of going to Vegas. I'm sure Joe would love it. His wife's opinion may differ...

I have been known to accept bribes. Would have to be an exceptional bribe though. The last one I accepted was a batch of cookies. So the line has been drawn and the curse it's been cast.....They've got to be really REALLY good cookies though.

jdubfan
06-04-2010, 08:22 PM
:hmm: A rock star can never have too many maids...

I'll Tend His Garden, no freakin' problem there....:roll:

AzEaglesFan
06-06-2010, 02:01 AM
This article tell a little bit different story. http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/joe-walsh-threatened-asks-for-restraining-order-against-neighbor_100373330.html

Super Frey
06-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Well that's just awful

AzEaglesFan
06-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Another one http://www.ecanadanow.com/curiosity/2010/06/05/joe-walsh-files-restraining-order-against-70-year-old-neighbor/

Prettymaid
06-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Walsh tried to get to the heart of the problem, but could not reason with Adhoot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everyone knows that any journalist worth his weight would have gone for the more Eagley reference here, the heart of the matter. :hilarious:

tbs fanatic
06-07-2010, 12:05 PM
One of the articles says that Joe's never had a problem with this guy before. The guy is in his 70's - maybe he has developed some sort of dementia, Alzheimers - it can make you think and do weird things. I wonder if anyone has considered that?

sodascouts
06-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Wow, that article had a lot more info than the other reports.

If what it says is true and the older neighbor is suddenly behaving irrationally and aggressively when he hadn't before, it's very possible dementia has crept up on him. If that's the case, perhaps Joe taking this measure will motivate him to seek treatment.

06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Well, that is definitely something to consider in this case. I know from dealing with my mom how scary an Alzheimer's patient's behavior can become. There were numerous times when I feared for mine or one of my family members' safety during her illness. Of course, it is impossible to rationalize with them because they are incapable of recognizing that their behavior is abnormal. Unfortunately, the behavior can't be ignored for their own and others safety.

Koala
06-09-2010, 01:50 AM
This topic is also mentioned in the german press, I found an short article

Provisional injunction
Eagles guitarist defends himself against shooting-furious pensioner.The guitarist of the Eagles, Joe Walsh, holds a violent pensioners at a distance.The musician obtained a provisional injunctionon Monday against his over 70 years old neighbour, how the Internet site " TMZ" reported.
Now the senior must keep away from Walsh, after he have threatened to shoot the musician. Besides the man must carry the lawyer costs of the procedure according to for the report.

AzEaglesFan
06-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I wonder if Joe was in court or just his lawyer, http://www.zimbio.com/Joe+Walsh/articles/5-zm8gxbsvH/Joe+Walsh+Rock+Star+Scores+Restraining+Order

sodascouts
06-12-2010, 01:41 PM
The article seems to imply that Adhoot was immediately assumed to be in the wrong because he didn't show up at court. To me, that says Joe must have been there - there's that whole "right to face your accuser" thing. Of course maybe nowadays lawyers can stand in, but if that's the case it surprises me that Adhoot didn't even bother to call a lawyer.

AzEaglesFan
06-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm really wondering if Adhoot even understands what is going on. If he has a family surely they know about all of this and would have made sure he was there or represented. This is a strange case. If Adhoot has mental problems he is probably dangerous because he doesn't fully understand his actions. But then he may be just a mean person.

sodascouts
06-13-2010, 01:02 AM
He may be mean, but if he's Joe's neighbor, he's also rich - and rich people have lawyers. So either he knowingly didn't call his lawyer because he didn't care if the restraining order went through and didn't want to deal with it, or he's not "all there" mentally anymore and he doesn't understand what's going on, as you said. Still, you'd hope if that were the case he'd have people around him who could help him.

Strange indeed.