PDA

View Full Version : Eagles in Louisville, KY 10-16-10

TimothyBFan
06-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Will be the inaugural concert at the new KFC Yum! Center.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/The-Eagles-will-play-inaugural-concert-at-KFC-YUM-Center-95536164.html

sodascouts
06-04-2010, 05:06 PM
cool! Thanks for posting! Guess the Austin show won't be the last one after all. Too bad, I wanted to get in on that!

They're playing at the KFC Yum! Center eh? LOL!

Wildthyme
06-04-2010, 05:30 PM
So now I wonder if they are going to announce more dates for this fall?

Freypower
06-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Probably. In the U.S.

:sigh: :censored:

I don't want to sound like a broken record about this but I have waited six years. It has been three years since the release of LROOE.... and nothing except Henley vaguely saying to Rollling Stone recently that 'he hoped to tour in Asia next' and he was not even directly quoted.

I'm very, very disappointed. I know I am the only Australian on this board and my experiences are so old they pre-date the founding of this board. I know to most people it doesn't matter whether they come here or not.

NB: I already knew they would not be coming as the calendar is full but having an autumn date announced really rubs it in and makes me realise how unimportant this place is.

I would like to remind them though that the 2004 tour was the most lucrative ever at that time by an international act. There were 5 shows in Melbourne and 4 in Sydney. I suppose they don't remember any of it.

sodascouts
06-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I know you must be disappointed, FP. You have my sympathy.

Freypower
06-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I can assure you that is the last I am going to say about it, because there isn't any point in dwelling on it. I am going to give myself some 'therapy' in another thread instead. :twisted:

carol7lynn
06-05-2010, 09:52 AM
So now I wonder if they are going to announce more dates for this fall?

Same here.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Brooke
06-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry for you, too, Julie. I'm surprised they have kept touring all over the US for the past, what, 3 years now? Especially when they hint at quitting. I'd think they would want to complete the world tour before they go all over here again.

Koala
06-07-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm really sorry for you FP! Possibly they come to Australia in early of 2011!

carol7lynn
06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
AMEX Presale: Sat.-June 12th through TM
Future Events Club Presale: Thursday, June 17th
General Sale:-Friday, June 18th

Tix prices: $37-$180 (not bad)

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

rickmullen
06-17-2010, 01:17 AM
What's bad is the junk tickets they keep throwing me at ticketmaster
in the last few days....nothing but upper arena or lower arena in the
back corners of the venue. Sometimes my AMEX card pays ticket
dividends, but this time it's a joke. Otherwise, I guess I'll see what
pops up at the public onsale on Friday. It can't be any worse than what
I've been offered so far.

Rick

TimothyBFan
06-17-2010, 08:23 AM
What's bad is the junk tickets they keep throwing me at ticketmaster
in the last few days....nothing but upper arena or lower arena in the
back corners of the venue. Sometimes my AMEX card pays ticket
dividends, but this time it's a joke. Otherwise, I guess I'll see what
pops up at the public onsale on Friday. It can't be any worse than what
I've been offered so far.

Rick

And that's presale? Just not right!!! WTH is the use of a presale if they are throwing crappy seats at you like that!! I HATE Ticketmaster!!!

rickmullen
06-26-2010, 11:44 PM
OK, after pulling up nothing but crummy seats for 2 weeks, I
caved in and bought 2 platinum seats for 4th row center at the
new YUM Center in Louisville in October.

That used up my concert budget for the year, but I think it will
be great and I'm really looking foward to seeing the boys again.

Rick

GlennLover
06-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Way to go Rick!

sodascouts
06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
I bet you'll have a blast, Rick! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Plus, that show may be their last in the United States for a while.

Brooke
07-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I wonder if they will schedule more shows in October besides this and the ACL?

sodascouts
10-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Talk about a delusional ticket seller!

http://louisville.craigslist.org/tix/1934582462.html

Hmm, what shall I buy, a new car or Eagles tickets?

Wildthyme
10-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Wow... ridiculous. Maybe he got an extra zero in there? Though I can't imagine paying $3000 either. Yikes.

TimothyBFan
10-07-2010, 08:01 AM
:shock: And I complain about the price from Ticketmaster!! :hilarious: I'm hoping he just forgot the decimal point before the last 2 zeros.

Prettymaid
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
:shock: And I complain about the price from Ticketmaster!! :hilarious: I'm hoping he just forgot the decimal point before the last 2 zeros.

Yeah, anybody who gets two front row tickets for $300.00 is getting a great deal! $30,000.00...not so much.

rickmullen
10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Geez, surely this was a typo on this guy's part.

If I follow his theory, I should be able to get $10,000 for my
4th row tickets. LOL

Anyway, I'm looking foward to heading to Louisville in about
a week for this show in the brand new arena.

By the way, is anyone on this board going to this concert too?

Rick

(Thank goodness it hasn't been cancelled yet)

Prettymaid
10-08-2010, 06:12 PM
We were thinking about it - until they announced Indianapolis.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Rick - I am contemplating going to this show because it is one of the only shows on a Saturday night on this leg of the tour. However, it's about a 10 hour drive for me, so I said I wasn't going unless I could get REALLY good seats. Well, I started looking for tickets several days ago, and was perplexed that there are no really good seats showing up anywhere - not on Ticketmaster (okay - that's no big surprise), not on eBay or Craig's List, and not even on broker sites. I remembered you had posted that you had a tough time finding tickets too. I couldn't figure out why nothing's showing up until I started studying the seating chart. All of a sudden, it hit me. This is no doubt an arena built for basketball. I found a picture to post to show what I mean. Look how far the first level seats extend out. Because of that, the actual floor space is very narrow. There are only going to be two floor sections across instead of the normal three and those sections only have a total of 40 seats in each row. I looked at the seating chart and I'm guessing there are only about 1/2 the number of floor seats that there are at most Eagles concerts - 2/3's at the most. This is a shame since the arena holds about 22,000 people.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/kfcyum.jpg

So anyway, bottom line is I don't know if I'm going or not. I'm still crossing my fingers that something will come up. If anyone sees any really good tickets, I would really appreciate if you would post it here so I can grab it.

cheryl
10-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Rick-I am going to the Eagles show in Louisville. I also bought the expensive tickets . I will be in section 2 -rowD-left center-seats 13 & 14. I am taking my sister to her 1st Eagles concert. I am still working on going to see them Tuesday in Indy;saw them there in March 2009. Come by and say hi if you get a chance. I am so glad Don is better and the shows are back on. Since I live only an hour away from Indy and 3 hours from Louisville, I have to try to go to both shows.

TimothyBFan
10-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Have fun Rick & Cheryl!!! Can't wait to hear about the new arena.

Cheryl--good luck with Indy. All last week I tried to find a decent seat and couldn't find a floor seat to be had. Guess my decision has been made for me at this point. It's really to late for me to plan to take off now if something would come up.

rickmullen
10-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Rick-I am going to the Eagles show in Louisville. I also bought the expensive tickets . I will be in section 2 -rowD-left center-seats 13 & 14. I am taking my sister to her 1st Eagles concert. I am still working on going to see them Tuesday in Indy;saw them there in March 2009. Come by and say hi if you get a chance. I am so glad Don is better and the shows are back on. Since I live only an hour away from Indy and 3 hours from Louisville, I have to try to go to both shows.

cheryl,

It seems we are in the same row. My wife and I are in Section 2, row D,
seats 1 and 2. They look to be on the center aisle if the diagram is correct. So, give us a shout out, a wave, or a "hello" if you get a chance.
We last saw The Eagles on Sept. 18,2008 in Nashville,TN. I'm a big
Joe Walsh fan and they didn't play "Rocky Mountain Way" in Nashville, so
I'm hoping to hear that song in Louisville. My first concert EVER was
James Gang (Joe Walsh) with REO Speedwagon opening for them many
years ago. So, me and Joe go waaaay back! LOL

Rick

cheryl
10-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Rick-I will definitely look for you and say hi. I just got me a ticket for Indy. It isn't as close as I wanted but it is on the floor by Joe and Stuart;row 8. I read where there is an opening act for Indy and Louisville. It is JD and the Straight Shot. If this is for real , I hope it doesn't mean we will get less songs from The Eagles. I've seen JD and wasn't impressed.

Prettymaid
10-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh no Cheryl, where did you read that?

rickmullen
10-10-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm disappointed to hear the confirmation on the opening act. It's just
not "my cup of tea", so to speak. And yes, I'm sure it means we will get
less Eagles songs, certainly not the full double set with intermission.
But, hey, I'll take whatever I can get. This is my last concert of 2010
and I'm going to enjoy it!

Rick

prettymaid,
It's on JD's website.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Well - I'm about to give up on getting good tickets for this anyway. I may look into trying to get really good tickets to Pittsburgh instead. It's a much shorter drive, but it's on a Tuesday night instead of a weekend. :sigh:

cheryl
10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I found out about the opening act on another fan website. There was a link to the band's website. It is jdandthestraightshot.com if you want to check it out.

Prettymaid
10-11-2010, 10:39 AM
I admit I'm very disappointed about this. Do you think it was arranged recently because of Don's illness/possible back problem?

I've seen JD and The Straight Shot. They opened for Joe at the IL State Fair. I don't think it has anything to do with how much I like or dislike them. I paid good money thinking I was going to get a full Eagles show. Now I know I'm not.

TimothyBFan
10-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I've seen JD and The Straight Shot. They opened for Joe at the IL State Fair. I don't think it has anything to do with how much I like or dislike them. I paid good money thinking I was going to get a full Eagles show. Now I know I'm not.

That is a very good and valid point. That would really tick me off also now that I think about it. Hmmm--interesting. :eyebrow: Have they ever done a full show with the opening act before?

Prettymaid
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Well, it would pretty much have to be a 4 hr. night, wouldn't you think? 1 hr. for the opener and the usual 3 hr. Eagles show? Nope, I think we're getting 2 hrs. worth of Eagles, similar to the ACL show, only a lot pricier!

cheryl
10-15-2010, 02:34 AM
Is anyone else on the border going to the Louisville show? I am going to meet Rick and his wife since we are sitting in the same row. If so, let me know;I would like to meet you.

Prettymaid
10-15-2010, 12:16 PM
I wish!!!

sodascouts
10-16-2010, 02:01 AM
This is so crazy but....

I'm going.

I was talking on the phone with Dreamer and we just decided to do it. Yes, it's last minute. No, we don't have tickets. However, I wanna hear Best of My Love live really badly, and Dreamer wants to see them one more time. We'll be driving to Louisville tomorrow morning - five hours for me, ten for her.

BTW I don't expect to get a good ticket this time; as this is the opening of the arena, I imagine there are no comps that will drop. Even the brokers don't have anything. Still, I just want to hear them, even if I can't be up front. I want one more fix, baby!

Brooke
10-16-2010, 10:15 AM
:shock: Not really! You two are just THE most die hard fans EVER! Good for you! :thumbsup::jealous::applause::bow::bye::thumbsup:

GlennLover
10-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Go for it you two!!! :thumbsup: You can never get too much of the Eagles!!!! Wish I was going with you!! I've got PEW bad!! Actually I suppose it's PPoTW. :-(

Scooby
10-16-2010, 05:04 PM
YES!!!!!!!! You two have fun!!! :headbang:

tequila girl
10-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm guessing you'll be there by now - or almost.............have a Brill time - can't wait to hear all about it! :thumbsup: :partytime:

I'm soooo :jealous:

sodascouts
10-16-2010, 05:45 PM
We're about to leave for the arena - if luck is with us, we'll score good seats, but even if we wind up in the boonies we'll have a good time. Crossing fingers!

Troubadour
10-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Got everything crossed for you!

Prettymaid
10-16-2010, 08:13 PM
OMG! I'm just now reading Soda's posts - why am I surprised? :partytime: If anybody would go last minute it would be her!

And Dreamer, some day we are going to go to the same show - I just know it!

Good luck you two and have a blast!

Rick and Cheryl, thinking about you too and hoping you enjoy the show.

eaglesvet
10-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah, all of you, have a great time, and can't wait to hear all about it!!

sodascouts
10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Back from the show! We got to meet Cheryl and her friend Kay as well as Rick and his wife Janet. We wound up on the third row of Floor Section 3 (behind Section 1)... not bad considering. I'll post an official review in the review forum.