PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Freypower
09-05-2011, 08:24 PM
We celebrate it on the first weekend in October; it's always associated with my daughter's birthday on October 6.

(the union makes us strong)

Wildthyme
09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
So beginning tomorrow there is an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition being filmed here in Medford. I volunteered to work, telling them I was available any evening and they assigned me to 4 shifts on 4 of the days :stunned: which was a little more than I was expecting but why not? One of the shifts is an overnight from 2 am to 8 am on the night before the reveal. Something tells me that will be the most insane time of all because all the last minute stuff will be happening. I am not exactly sure what I have gotten myself into and I expect it will be hard work but lots of fun too...

Henley Honey
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM
How nice of you to volunteer!! I'm no good with a hammer, but could fetch all the coffee you'd need on that 2 am shift. Yikes.
Good luck. Take some pictures if you can! Have some fun too!

sodascouts
09-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Wow - that's a lot of work! Do you think you might get on camera?

Wildthyme
09-06-2011, 10:30 PM
No pictures :sad: If we try to take any we will be tossed off the set according to the rules and regs.

I don't know if I will get on camera...maybe in the background? I have no idea what they will have me doing but general volunteers like me get to do fun stuff like clean-up and tote-and-fetch :lol: This show will be the season premiere of the new season of Extreme Makeover. Its something like only 2 weeks after the build...

Koala
09-07-2011, 12:43 AM
WT, hope you have a good time!

EaglesKiwi
09-07-2011, 05:16 AM
WT - sounds like a cool experience. Drop in & tell us about it when it's over!

TimothyBFan
09-07-2011, 07:57 AM
I think this is so cool!! Good for you for volunteering!!

Isn't this the show with Ty Pennington? Hellllllloooo, Baby!!! :heybaby:

Glennsallnighter
09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Sounds like this will be a wonderful experience for you Cami! I hope it goes really well for you!

Hope y'all had a great Labor Day holiday. We celebrate it on MayDay, the first Monday in May.

Brooke
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Wt, sounds like a fun experience! Let us know how it goes! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Very cool, Cami! My Mum loves that show. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I have just booked my flights to Oklahoma in November. So excited now it's official! I'll be there for two weeks from the 15th to the 29th. Jess and I have a few things planned, of course seeing the Eagles in Vegas is one of them. Here's hoping we can get decent tickets. Either way, I'm so excited. I get to go to the States and see my wonderful friends again! :heart: Definitely something to look forward to.

tequila girl
09-07-2011, 06:57 PM
How exciting Lou!..........just a little bit envious :)

Henley Honey
09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Happy for you Troub that you'll make Vegas for the 19th :partytime:
But sad that you won't be there with me on the 5th :-(

sodascouts
09-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Maybe around Thanksgiving we can meet up in Linden or Caddo! I'll be visiting the fam in Houston, after all!

Koala
09-08-2011, 12:25 AM
How exciting , I'm really happy for you! Shure you and Jess will have a great time together!

Glennsallnighter
09-08-2011, 03:26 AM
I'm thrilled for you too Lou! :hug: I'm sure you and Jess and co will have a wonderful time as always! And an Eagles concert too? The icing on the cake :partytime::partytime::partytime:

TimothyBFan
09-08-2011, 08:27 AM
I've been so excited for you Lou, as I've seen you planning this trip for awhile now. So glad it has finally come together and even tho I won't be there physically with you, I strangely am very excited about having you on the same continent again. :thumbsup:

Annabel
09-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Such a good feeling to know plans are going to happen once you have booked that flight. :) You will have a great time with Jess I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Brooke
09-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Great news, Troub! I'm so happy for you! Wish I could be there too, but that won't happen.

TimothyBFan
09-16-2011, 09:08 AM
I thought I'd update you all on our friend Brandon. It's not going very well at all. He just finished his 2nd trial of chemo to no avail, had a drainage tube placed into his lung where they are getting at least a litre of fluid every couple of days and in fact the cancer grew more than it had in a long time on this trial and is now in his rib cage also. He was admitted into the hospital Monday (the day after his 31st birthday) for a morphine pump, along with another pain reliever, and kept for a few days to get his pain managed and hopefully to give him some much needed rest and gain back some strength. He's lost 70 lbs and is having trouble walking now.

There was a 3rd trial they had decided to try at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN that has had pretty good results but they were told on Monday that they had gotten the 95 people needed for it and it had been closed. But the doctor talked to Tiff on Tuesday and is trying to get Brandon in on it also and has started the paperwork to get it to happen. Problem is, they need to move fast because they have been told without this (being about the only option still left), he might have 2 months to live. They seem pretty confident that he will be allowed into the trial but another obstacle is getting him strong enough to travel to Tennessee next week if he is admitted.

Needless to say, I'm asking for all the prayers and thoughts that we can get to be sent his and Tiff's (and the children's) way. It's gonna take everything they can get to continue this battle.

Annabel
09-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Awww Willie. Life just really sucks sometimes. :-( Hope that they can get Brandon onto the trial and that he is well enough to make the trip. Thinking of him and his family and you too. http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n242/Mellie1961/console-1.gif

VAisForEagleLovers
09-16-2011, 09:19 AM
TBF, I will definitely include Brandon and all of you in my prayers.

Brooke
09-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Willie, thanks for the update on Brandon. I'm so sorry things are not going well and I'll keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

sodascouts
09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Poor Brandon - only 31! I will pray that he gets in on this trial and that somehow, miraculously, it is able to help him.

Wildthyme
09-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Really sorry to hear that Brandon is struggling so... I will definitely say a prayer (or several) for him.

ticky
09-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Awe Willie! Poor Brandon and his family. Of course you have my thoughts and prayers. God Bless!

EaglesKiwi
09-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Willie, you have another link in the prayer chain down here too. Thanks for the update.

Koala
09-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Willie, I'm so sorry to hear those news about Brandon.

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Willie, of course Brandon and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. He has fought this awful illness so hard. i hope he does indeed get onto this trial and is ok to travel. I really admire the tencacity and courage of his family. So many people would have thrown in the towel long before this, but they just keep going, and pushing for the best they can get for him. They are all wonderful people. I really wish him luck with this latest venture.
:grouphug: to you from all of us. You have had a lot of stress over the last few months. Take care of yourself too.

Troubadour
09-17-2011, 03:10 PM
My warmest thoughts and prayers go to Brandon and his family. I'm so sorry to hear that he is not doing so well. Hoping that the trial will hold some benefits for him. It must be heartbreaking for you and everyone who knows him. Sending lots of love to you all.

TimothyBFan
09-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks everyone!! Good news--he's been accepted into the trial and is heading to Memphis as we speak. He's being very upbeat about it and I'm a firm believer that positive thoughts are part of getting through anything like this.

Annabel
09-19-2011, 09:58 AM
:thumbsup: So pleased that he is on the trial. Will keep him and his family in my thoughts and hope that they benefit from these trials.

Troubadour
09-19-2011, 01:04 PM
That's great, Willie. Keeping Brandon and his family and friends in my thoughts.

Prettymaid
09-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Reading about Brandon makes me sad but he and his family have such hope that I cannot help but be uplifted by his story. Thinking best thoughts for him and thinking of you too Willie.

Lou, after an initial pout at once again not getting to meet you during your stateside trip, I can't wait to hear about your adventures with Jess. The trip to Caddo Lake sounds very peaceful to me. Wish I could come!

sodascouts
09-19-2011, 10:44 PM
So glad Brandon got into the trial!

Brooke
09-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm having another stacation this week. I've got another week of various odd jobs and not much exciting, but it's good to sleep in a bit. (is it only 8:12? :rolleyes: )

Wishing I could fly off to a concert somewhere! :sad:

TimothyBFan
09-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Another delay for Brandon. When I typed yesterday's update, they were suppose to be in the air. Found out shortly afterward, there had been a delay, yet again. Didn't actually get the scoop on why. They are still home waiting for word from Vanderbilt. Not only is it getting increasingly frustrating playing the hurry up and wait game but Brandon's pain is starting to increase again. I haven't heard from them yet today but I sure am hoping he was able to get some rest last night and they will get the call of all clear and be on their way today. Come on already!!!! Time seems to be very crucial at this point in my opinion. :worried:

In case anyone's interested, I don't know if I've ever posted this before but here is their Caring Bridge journal Tiffiany updates when she can. Very touching and also funny at times. But warning, have tissues ready, especially her last entry over the weekend.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/teamhora?ref=nl

Prettymaid
09-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the link TBF. She is very good at sharing their story in a way that is uplifting.

Hey Brooke, I'm on stacation this week too - wanna hang out? :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
09-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Just thought I'd update you. Tiff just left and they are leaving at 4 this afternoon. Didn't get much rest last night but said they were sorting his pills and such on the sofa a bit ago in preparation for traveling and Brandon keeps dozing off. He's exhausted at this point and the pain is starting to come back full force. They've been told will be there till at least Friday and then will have to come back in 2 weeks again for next treatment. Hope he can stay strong enough for this.

sodascouts
09-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Poor thing! I hope this helps!

Glennsallnighter
09-20-2011, 06:33 PM
So do I! This wonderful family deserve a lucky break and I really hope they get it.

Koala
09-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the link and the update, TBF.
Good Luck to Brandon and his family!

WalshFan88
09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Good thoughts going Brandon's way, TBF. Best of luck to him with the trials.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-27-2011, 02:20 PM
I've noticed in the past few years that I've needed to wear reading glasses for just about everything. I've worn contacts since 1980 and so wearing glasses so much, having to always carry them around with me, was really getting me down.
I was very leery of the concept of two different contact lenses, where one eyes sees 'far' and the other 'reads'. But I put them in today for the first time and I'm typing without glasses on! I can see things out my living room window without squinting or refocusing. Just like life was ten years ago! Now...if I could only look ten years younger...

sodascouts
09-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Glad that works for you!

My contacts have been really bothering me for a long time. I'm thinking of getting that laser surgery, but I'm kind of scared to. Still, at least I wouldn't have to worry about contact lens problems anymore.

Brooke
09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Oh boy, I can vent on this one! I never had to wear glasses till I was about 45. Then it was the battle of the reading glasses or bifocals. What a pain! I've got 10 pairs of reading glasses strung in every room in the house, but they are never where you need them. I have several pairs of bifocals, but can't stand to have them on my face all the time so I take them off and lose them. (But yet, I see people wearing such cute glasses!) I am now in the process of "tweaking" the right prescription for bifocal contacts. Each eye is different. The ones I have now are working pretty good and I'm very happy about not having to search for a pair of glasses every time I turn around.

My husband has worn glasses since he was 15 and considered lasik eye surgery, but the doctor told him he would probably then need reading glasses so he decided against it. Why go from one kind of glasses to the other?!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
A friend of mine had Lasik done with the same concept as my new contacts. Mine aren't bifocal, and for some reason my doctor wouldn't consider those. Just multi-focal and these, where the right eye sees far and the left eye reads. My friend had her laser surgery the same way, one distant and one near. She had it done in her early forties and she turned 50 yesterday and still no reading glasses.
My doctor said the advantage of these contacts over the multi-focal is if I decide in a few months to have the surgery, I'll be ready, with 'my brain already trained' to see this way.
I can't see being able to save much towards Lasik next year with all the 40th anniversary concerts I'll be attending...:hilarious:

EaglesKiwi
09-27-2011, 06:45 PM
My doctor said the advantage of these contacts over the multi-focal is if I decide in a few months to have the surgery, I'll be ready, with 'my brain already trained' to see this way.
I can't see being able to save much towards Lasik next year with all the 40th anniversary concerts I'll be attending...:hilarious:
Well here's hoping the contact continue working for you for a couple of years AND you have lots of opportunity to spend that money on Eagles tickets instead :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
09-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Ok, VA, explain to me how this works. I've never heard of these kind of lenses before. It sounds like everything would be blurry all the time to me.

I've been a glasses/contacts wearer for most of my life. I am also an avid reader and had considered myself extremely lucky to not have to do bifocals....till now. I started with the reading glasses while wearing my contacts when I started noticing a problem. But then beginning of last spring, my allergies were extremely bad so I had to go back to my glasses and boy did I really notice the difference while reading. I made several eye doc appointments and kept having to change them due to the horrible summer we had. Finally went a few weeks back and might I pat myself on the back when I tell you I have adjusted to my bifocal glasses without even a little problem? I'm so excited and reading up a storm (when time permits) again!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-28-2011, 10:14 AM
TBF, I was in the same boat. Fortunately, I don't need bifocal glasses, if I want to read, I just take off the glasses.

There are several contact options. The most expensive and least recommended is actual bifocal contacts. They are 'weighted' so the part that needs to be at the bottom always is. My doctor didn't even mention those, but I have a friend who has them and likes them.

The other option is multi-focal lenses. You can do a Google search on these but the lenses have different vision strengths built in and your brain adjusts to seeing this way. A friend of mine got these and loves them, but since they require a refitting which is expensive and the contacts themselves are expensive, my doctor sees this as a last resort. He said it's only 30% successful anyway.

The last option sounds crazy and I said I'd never try it. One lens for distance and one lens for near. My contacts were -3.50 for the left and -2.75 for the right. Monday, he gave me -2.50 for the left, told me to go home and wear them for a few hours before driving. He said if I needed to hold on to things to walk, it was a failed test. I had no problems at all. I assumed I'd be dizzy at first, but I walked out, picked up a book and read immediately, without glasses!

I went out last night to a local ice cream place and read a book on my phone. I realized that in the near dark, -2.50 in the left eye isn't a strong enough 'reader', so today, when I get around to putting my contacts in, I'll try -2.25.

If you ever get Lasik to correct your vision problems, this one-eye-near and one-eye-far is what they do.

Brooke
09-28-2011, 10:35 AM
The last option sounds crazy and I said I'd never try it. One lens for distance and one lens for near. My contacts were -3.50 for the left and -2.75 for the right. Monday, he gave me -2.50 for the left, told me to go home and wear them for a few hours before driving. He said if I needed to hold on to things to walk, it was a failed test. I had no problems at all. I assumed I'd be dizzy at first, but I walked out, picked up a book and read immediately, without glasses!

I went out last night to a local ice cream place and read a book on my phone. I realized that in the near dark, -2.50 in the left eye isn't a strong enough 'reader', so today, when I get around to putting my contacts in, I'll try -2.25.

These are what mine are, too, VA. You are getting along better than me though. I don't know the powers I'm in now, but have had 3 different powers in the right eye trying to get it right. It's a pain for me because I live 25 miles from the eye doctor, but this is the best so far. I think we're getting close, but there is still a little bit of blurriness while reading. I'm just lovin' not having to fool with glasses!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I was lucky, my doctor gave me three different ones to try for the left eye all at once. So no trips back. He said if it didn't work, we'd try switching eyes, that is, putting the 'reader' in the right eye, before trying the multi-focal lenses. But yes, I feel like I've been set free with not needing glasses!

Glennsallnighter
09-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Well I hope you do manage to get lenses that do the job for you VA. I'm also starting to wear my reading glasses more and more, particularly if the light is dim, and I'm finding small print a lot harder to read now.

Nancy, I would definitely look into the laser surgery. I've heard nothing but positive repoers from anyone I know whose had it done.

Koala
10-04-2011, 12:40 AM
The last working week before the autumn holiday has begun!I'm really looking forward to the holidays because in the first week I drive with a friend, her child, my mother and of course Lucky to Denmark and in the second Week, I fly for four days to Disneyland Paris! I thing I think this is great, I've never been there!:partytime:

TimothyBFan
10-04-2011, 08:09 AM
How fun Koala!!! Enjoy yourself and take lots of pictures!

Brooke
10-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Wow Koala, have fun! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Have a great time, Koala! I went there when I was younger and it was a lot of fun.

sodascouts
10-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Disneyland Paris - neat! Have a blast!

Koala
10-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys, I'm sure I will have a great time!

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Have a wonderful time in Disneyland Koala. We went there for Feb break in 2010 and 2011. Still have loads we didn't get to do. Its a wonderful place.

What hotel are you in?

Koala
10-05-2011, 10:43 AM
What hotel are you in?
We are in the Disney Santa Fe Hotel, there is nothing special but I need the room only to sleep !
Do you know the Buffalo Bill Show? We will see it on one evening.

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
We were in the Sequoia Lodge. You should pop in there some evening and have a drink in front of the blazing log fires!

Yep we went to Buffslo Bill! It was fantastic, all of us loved it. We had Tex Mex food! Lots of it! Well recommended! You will have a wonderful time there.

Koala
10-06-2011, 12:29 AM
We were in the Sequoia Lodge. You should pop in there some evening and have a drink in front of the blazing log fires! Thanks for the Hint!:)

Yep we went to Buffslo Bill! It was fantastic, all of us loved it. We had Tex Mex food! Lots of it! Well recommended! You will have a wonderful time there.Sounds great!Then it was probably the right decision to reservations for the show.

Glennsallnighter
10-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Oh it was! :thumbsup:

You're welcome for the tip. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful holiday!

Prettymaid
10-06-2011, 07:11 AM
I've noticed in the past few years that I've needed to wear reading glasses for just about everything. I've worn contacts since 1980 and so wearing glasses so much, having to always carry them around with me, was really getting me down.
I was very leery of the concept of two different contact lenses, where one eyes sees 'far' and the other 'reads'. But I put them in today for the first time and I'm typing without glasses on! I can see things out my living room window without squinting or refocusing. Just like life was ten years ago! Now...if I could only look ten years younger...

I started wearing glasses when I was seven, switched to contacts when I was 14 and wore them until my early forties when I had to stop due to discomfort. This past April I decided to try contacts again, as my eye dr. told me they had come a long way comfort-wise since I had last worn them. I am not a good candidate for soft lenses, so he fitted me with gas permeable monovision lenses, which is the lens VA is wearing. The Dr. told me my brain would have to adjust to one eye for near and one for far so I gave it a shot. Right away I noticed that my right eye was blurry, but I continued to wear them, waiting for the day I would not notice the blurriness. Well, unfortunately that day never came, but I waited too long to return to the doctor (3 months) and my free trial period was over. I still tried wearing them , then it became less and less until I switched back to my glasses. This was during the time I saw Jackson Browne in concert and I remember being frustrated to be sitting so close to the stage but not being able to see out of my right eye!

Peekaboo
10-10-2011, 06:07 AM
This past week was a tough one for me. On monday one of my younger cousins died. She was only 22 years old. It was such a shock to my entire family but i think it was almost more of a shock by how she died. Unfortunately she committed suicide. Things were really tough for her over the last year and a half. Some of you may remember that this past February my Uncle Mike passed away and in March of last year my Aunt Opal passed. They were my cousins parents. And just two weeks ago her grandmother passed away. We all knew that this was all really hard for her but none of us expected for her to take her own life. The funeral was on friday. I probably shouldn't have but after the funeral was over I went to work. I've never found it so hard to get through a shift. Actually, I didn't even work an entire shift. I left two hours early because I was so tired. I was going on maybe 3 hours of sleep and was mentally exhausted.

When Uncle Mike passed earlier this year it was only a week after everything happened with my dad. I kept meaning to send my cousin a message on fb to tell her that I was sorry that I couldn't be there for her like I should because I was trying to deal with everything happening with my dad (and still dealing with it now). I wanted to tell her that I was thinking about her. Because I've been so caught up in my own problems with my dad I never got around to sending her that message and I feel terrible about that. I kept putting it off and telling myself that I would get around to it later and now it's too late. I don't know what else to think about this whole thing. It's just so hard to believe that she's gone.

I know that not everybody here on The Border is on fb but to those of you that are and sent me condolences on there I want to say Thank You. That really means a lot. :grouphug:

sodascouts
10-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Oh, so awful!! Don't be too hard on yourself about not sending the FB message. That can't be changed now, and it certainly wasn't the reason she took her own life. That poor girl! Your family has my condolences and is in my prayers.

Wildthyme
10-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I am so sorry Jess. I know this must be a difficult, heart-breaking time and please know I am thinking of you and your family.

SweetHolly
10-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry I haven't been on here in what seems like forever. I started college back in August. I'm working on a certificate. It's to become a multimedia developer. I'm taking one class this semester - intro to digital media. I hope to become a web page designer one day.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Jess, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin and all of it. While I didn't bother to post this until now, know that you've been in my thoughts and prayers the last few days.

Brooke
10-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Jess, I'm sorry to hear this news about your cousin. I'll keep you and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

SH, best of luck with your classes!

EagleLady
10-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Jess I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your Family are in my prayers

Glennsallnighter
10-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Yes, Jess, that is a rotten thing to happen your family. You have had a very rough year. I really hope things improve in the very near future. You are all in my thoughts and prayers and particularly your young cousin. :hug:

Holly! Great to hear from you again, and that you are doing well in college. I hope your time there is very successful

I've been hit by the BlackBerry outage that is spanning the world at the moment, as is Lou! Its amazing how much we rely on mobile internet and the ability to send IM's. I hope full service is restored soon.

I was at my locker this morning putting my bag into it just before class. A colleague going to HER locker commented on my locker art 'Is that your locker Buddy?' she inquired..... about the pics of Glenn :heart: that are plastered across the inside of the door!

GlennLover
10-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Jess, I'm still praying for you & your family!

Lisa, that was a cute comment that your colleague made about the pictures of Glenn!

Freypower
10-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Yes, Jess, that is a rotten thing to happen your family. You have had a very rough year. I really hope things improve in the very near future. You are all in my thoughts and prayers and particularly your young cousin. :hug:

Holly! Great to hear from you again, and that you are doing well in college. I hope your time there is very successful

I've been hit by the BlackBerry outage that is spanning the world at the moment, as is Lou! Its amazing how much we rely on mobile internet and the ability to send IM's. I hope full service is restored soon.

I was at my locker this morning putting my bag into it just before class. A colleague going to HER locker commented on my locker art 'Is that your locker Buddy?' she inquired..... about the pics of Glenn :heart: that are plastered across the inside of the door!

Yes, you told me about your locker while we were in chat. As for the BlackBerry outage I feel for you. All those gadgets you were using at Niagara Falls.... all I had was my humble iPod. Oh, and my camera, which did prove useful as it happened.

sodascouts
10-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Sorry I haven't been on here in what seems like forever. I started college back in August. I'm working on a certificate. It's to become a multimedia developer. I'm taking one class this semester - intro to digital media. I hope to become a web page designer one day.

Good luck at school!

GA - how frustrating about Blackberry. What's the deal with that?! And I definitely like your choice of "locker buddy"!

Glennsallnighter
10-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Thanks Soda! So do I! :inlove:

Well since Monday afternoon people with BlackBerry phones cannot get Internet (consequently, email) and cannot use the Blackberry IM feature. now that whole package costs me only €10 more per month. Now I'm finding I have to text instead, and outside of Ireland this is costing me additionally per text. I'm sure Lou who also has a BB , and who ha also been effected is in the same boat. it seems to be an International thing!

Well Julie, that camera turned up trumps! I guess we'll manage somehow!

SweetHolly
10-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks for all the support and well wishes.

Prettymaid
10-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Jess, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Koala
10-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Jess I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! You and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers!:hug:

The first part of my vacation is over and it was great! We had a great time the mood was always good!
Part 2 of my vacation starts tomorrow, however, we first fly to Parison Monday but I go to my sister alrady tomorrow

Glennsallnighter
10-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Well have a wonderful time Desire! I'm sure you will! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

Troubadour
10-17-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jess. You've had so much to deal with lately. I can't wait to see you next month and give you a big hug for real. :hug:

I just wanted to drop in and apologise for not being around much lately. Apart from being busy with work & a few other commitments, I have had technological issues - not just with my BlackBerry, but with my laptop. It shuts down so frequently now, it's ridiculous. I really want a new one (I'm eyeing up a MacBook!) but I need to work out the financing. Until then, I'll check in when I can... just please forgive me if I can't post too often. Nancy has been wonderful taking up my slack on the EOC site. I feel awful about that, but I will do my best to check in at least once a day, even if I have to go to the library to use their internet.

Thinking of all of you, all the time! :grouphug:

Brooke
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your techie problems Troub. Hopefully things will work out for you. Sounds very frustrating.

EagleLady
10-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Lou. Hope everything gets resolved soon.

WalshFan88
10-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Peek - So sorry to hear that. :( Take care!

Troub - Sorry to hear you are having tech problems. As far as Mac - I can only recommend them. I've used Apple stuff since I was born. The first computer I ever touched was a Mac and every computer since was a Mac. I also love iPods and iPads. I don't have the iPhone though as I don't get Verizon or AT&T in my area but now they offer Sprint, I'm checking into it. I'm sick of Android. :-x

EaglesKiwi
10-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Peek, so sorry to hear about your cousin. :hug:

EaglesKiwi
10-19-2011, 05:33 AM
We have been away for a week's holiday in the Bay of Islands (north of New Zealand). Absolutely wonderful. One of the highlights was a boat trip that included a close encounter:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/[IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/suzanne_eagleskiwi/Bay%20of%20Islands%20Oct%202011/IMG_0637.jpghttp://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/suzanne_eagleskiwi/Bay%20of%20Islands%20Oct%202011/Dolphins.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/suzanne_eagleskiwi/Bay%20of%20Islands%20Oct%202011/IMG_0637.jpg

Glennsallnighter
10-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Absolutely gorgeous EK! What was the weather like?

Lou! Hang in there girl. It's awful to have so many problems with the laptop. I'd go for the mac book if you can at all afford it.

TimothyBFan
10-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Well it's been 4 weeks tomorrow that Brandon started his trial at Vanderbilt. They find out today if it's working or if there's been any change. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers today. Thanks everyone!!!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Lungcancer.jpg

WalshFan88
10-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Thoughts/prayers sent TBF.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-20-2011, 10:31 AM
I've been keeping him (and his family) in my prayers.

Brooke
10-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Me, too. I hope he receives some good news.

TimothyBFan
10-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Message from Tiff: "1/3 reduction in ALL tumors. That's after only having 2 treatments!"

Way to go Brandon!!!!! :partytime: Such terrific news!!! Worth all the traveling he's been doing every week to Nashville. Let's hope we keep going that way.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I am SO glad to hear that...

Glennsallnighter
10-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Oh that is wonderful news Willie! Keeping those positive vibes to Brandon and his family! Brilliant! They deserve this sooooooo much. Hope the rest of the treatment continues with this success

Brooke
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Wonderful news, TBF!

Koala
10-21-2011, 06:01 AM
The 2nd part of my vacation is over!We had a fantastic time in Disneyland! We drove a lot of carousel, have seen many shows and we a lot of running! Now I need a vacation!!!!!!!!:hilarious:

TBF, glad to hear this news!

EK, great picture!:thumbsup:

Brooke
10-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Koala, I know what you mean! I usually need to go back to work to rest up from my vacation! Sounds like you had a great time!

Btw, love your Halloween banner!

WalshFan88
10-21-2011, 10:48 PM
TBF - Great news!!!

Koala
10-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Koala, I know what you mean! I usually need to go back to work to rest up from my vacation! Sounds like you had a great time!

Yeah, work is really quiet, unlike in the last 2 weeks! But there were two wonderful week and I would immediately do it again!

Btw, love your Halloween banner!
Thanks, is the old one from last year, I had no time to make a new yet maybe I can do it later.

sodascouts
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
So very glad to hear your good news about Brandon, TBF!

And welcome back, Koala!

Brooke
10-28-2011, 11:34 PM
St. Louis Cardinals World Champions!

:yay: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :yay:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-28-2011, 11:37 PM
St. Louis Cardinals World Champions!

:yay: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :yay:

Congrats, Brooke!

sodascouts
10-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Yay! :)

Brooke
10-29-2011, 12:46 PM
That's what has been happening here for the last month! I'm kinda glad it's over so we can watch something else on tv!

It was really fun though, watching the Cards climb back in to the fight from 10 &1/2 games back back in August. Our whole family has been living and breathing baseball ever since! :spin:

Congrats to David Freese, a St. Louis native, for winning the MVP award, too! What an awesome job he did! :thumbsup:

Thanks for a great end to the season guys! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I can tell everyone here is so excited for me! :smile:

Glennsallnighter
10-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Congratulations to the Cardinals Brooke! Delighted to hear of their great success. :blueblob::blueblob::blueblob::blueblob:

timfan
10-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Well it looks like I'm going to New York as well as California... Unfortunately the NY trip is not a pleasant one.. I just got word my (fairly elderly) cousin passed away earlier today in NY... Don't have a ton of details yet other than he was driving and apparently slowed down til he stopped and was deceased. I am upset by his passing as he was quite involved in my teen years though we had been less close in recent years. I am sooo glad we were both at a family wedding in the summer so I saw him one last time!

Glennsallnighter
10-31-2011, 03:47 PM
My sympathies to you and your family Kath. Nobody's passing is pleasant, and I'm sure you have many memories of your cousin. May he rest in peace. I'll keep you all in my prayers. :hug:

Brooke
10-31-2011, 03:49 PM
My condolences to you and your family tf.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear this, TimFan.

WalshFan88
10-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Sorry to hear that TimFan. Take care!

timfan
10-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the words of support and sympathy everyone! I do appreciate it.

Koala
11-01-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear this das news, TimFan.

sodascouts
11-01-2011, 12:38 AM
What sad news. You and your family have my condolences, Kath.

TimothyBFan
11-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss TF!!!

It's now official, daughter and 2 of her friends will be signing a lease on Friday (I think it's Friday) on a house that they had looked at on Saturday. They had been looking for months IN Chicago but the stuff they could afford were in horrible neighborhoods, etc. We are only a bit over an hour away from Chicago, or a little less than 2 hours away by train so they decided to move to a community about 45 minutes west of here, right on Lake Michigan. The house they have found is a wonderful beach home which is surrounded by summer lake property and the people they are renting from are actually living in Quebec and have several homes all over the states they own. She can keep the 2 jobs she has and instead of having to drive 45 minutes to get there, she's only 10 minutes away and is 5 minutes away from the train station so will just go back and forth to Chicago for school or modeling or whatever, that way. She sure made her Dad (and I) happy with this news. We were really worried about her moving to Chicago, especially after having so many places they had looked at in bad areas. All 3 of them are taking classes in Chicago and her and 1 of the other girls have been doing some modeling for a young designer over there with a photographer friend who already lives there. I just think this is the best thing for all of them right now as do the other 2 sets of parents. No switching jobs, etc....

Now to just get her moved. Hope I survive it. :rofl: Saturday night/Sunday morning, about 3:40 am, the phone rang and when I reached for it, the caller ID read Indiana University. My heart sank of course. It was an automated voice saying that the police were investigating a shooting on Jordan Street and had informed everyone to stay in their homes. I guess it's all part of new security measures on the campus that not only sends out calls to all the students, but parents also, letting them know of potential danger. It's a good thing but it sure scares the crap out of you at that hour of the morning. I thought having kids moving OUT when they were old enough would be easier...but there are moments. :ack:

sodascouts
11-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Parents getting calls too? I thought you had to sign up for that - is it default at IU?

I guess Katie going to school in England is off, obviously, but I didn't know she was into modeling. Is that just a sideline or is she planning on making a career out of it? Best of luck to her, regardless! I'm sure she will succeed at whatever she chooses. She's been blessed with both brains and looks - not a bad combination! ;)

ticky
11-01-2011, 09:57 AM
It's funny how much our kids lives are mirrors of each other Willie. Jenni moved out a few months ago. I HATED the neighborhood she moved to. It was on a VERY busy street in a crummy run down neighborhood a long way on the other side of town. A week ago, she and her boyfriend moved to a much better neighborhood. The apartment is a tiny studio in an old historic building built in the 20s (Jenni is convinced it's haunted by Nazi concentration camp guards because there are swastikas and iron crosses carved into the stones in the court yard, but being pre-nazi era, the swastikas and iron crosses had a much different meaning when the place was built) This place is just a few blocks from where Cliff works and my cousin lives just a few miles up the road. I feel much better having her there whether or NOT it's haunted by Nazis LOL
What an exciting time for Katie!! and the house sounds great! I know you must be going nuts between the moving, the middle of the night phone calls (which by the way would have me with ulcers) and the modeling in Chicago! I hate to see my babies grow up so fast!

TimothyBFan
11-01-2011, 10:01 AM
It must be a default at IU, didn't sign up for them.

As for college in England---nope, just couldn't be pulled off with the financing, etc. She was pretty disappointed at first but then realized doesn't mean she won't get the chance to travel later and has already booked a trip to Germany for next year.

As for modeling, it's something she kinda fell into but has no plans to make it more than that. A friend of hers is a photographer that was hired by the designer to photograph his new line but didn't want to deal with hiring the models and asked if she knew anyone. She took some test shots of Kate and the other girl and showed them to the designer, who, and I quote, "fell in love with her red hair, porcelain skin and the way she carries herself". I've seen the pictures, and I know I'm partial, but they are gorgeous. We are very proud of her. She just turned 19 a few weeks ago and is really becoming quite the young lady.

Koala
11-01-2011, 10:03 AM
TBF, good luck to your daughter In this new phase of life!

TimothyBFan
11-01-2011, 10:05 AM
It's funny how much our kids lives are mirrors of each other Willie.

I've thought that often, also, Rhonda. I know Jenni & Dillon are the same age and all. We can commiserate together as all this happens. But can I say, I'm very happy that my youngest ISN'T the same age as yours? I don't think I could handle many more years of this. :rofl:

Troubadour
11-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Brooke - thrilled for you and the Cardinals!

Kath, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :hug:

Willie - Katie just seems like such a great young woman, with a lot of sass and character. She's a credit to you, and I wish her the best in everything.

WalshFan88
11-06-2011, 04:29 AM
I just got home from the ER. :( My stomach was killing me tonight and I've felt lousy all last week and this weekend has horrible with a capital H. They gave me an IV with nausea and pain medicine and did several tests and they believe I have the starts of an ulcer and if I don't feel better in 5 days I need to have an Upper Endoscopy/EGD. They gave me some antiacid medication and some nausea medicine and basically to just see how I feel. I've been so stressed lately and I'm sure that is the cause. I have been having bad acid reflux and all of that and some bleeding issues and so I'm sure the doctor is right. The IV meds helped and now I'm at home about ready to hit the hay. I have to get my stress under control before it does me in. I've tried medication and it's about as helpful as taking candy. I just don't know what to do anymore. I haven't been out of bed much all week - no desire or energy to do anything and I just feel like I'm somehow "giving up" if that makes any sense. I don't know. Hope it changes.

sodascouts
11-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Hope you feel better soon!

Glennsallnighter
11-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Hope you feel a lot better soon Austin. We are all here to help you get through this. :hug:

Koala
11-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Austin, hope you Feeling better now!

Brooke
11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Austin, I hope you are feeling better today.

AzEaglesFan
11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Hope you are feeling better. An ulcer is nothing to ignore. Do whatever the Doctor wants you to so to get it taken care of.

Annabel
11-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Hope you feel better soon Austin.

WalshFan88
11-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone. I ended up back in the ER last night again with horrible pain. They did some tests and now think it's my gallbladder, not an ulcer because of the symptoms I am telling them. They want me to see a surgeon this week to schedule removal of the gallbladder.

Troubadour
11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I'll be thinking of you, Austin.

Prettymaid
11-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Keep us posted WF.

Brooke
11-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Austin, sorry to hear that. Good luck!

Prettymaid
11-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Happy birthday to my brother-in-law Chuck. He's 46 today.

Chuck can no longer walk and uses a walker with wheels. A week ago Monday they admitted him to the hospital because he was having pains in his stomach area. After some tests they determined his gall bladder needed to be removed, and that was done on Thursday. He was released on Friday, only to be admitted again on Saturday, due to extreme swelling in his feet. They determined that they had given him too many fluids and monitered him over the weekend. He was released on Monday.

Chuck continues to keep a positive attitude and I'm sure his faith helps him too. At this point every year we have him is a blessing.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Miscellanious/chuck.jpg

Koala
11-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Congrats to Chuck.I hope he keeps his positive mood!

Windeagle
11-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks everyone. I ended up back in the ER last night again with horrible pain. They did some tests and now think it's my gallbladder, not an ulcer because of the symptoms I am telling them. They want me to see a surgeon this week to schedule removal of the gallbladder.

Yikes! Good luck. I'll send good wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Brooke
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Happy Birthday Chuck! Best of luck to you!

TimothyBFan
11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the update, Cathy. I usually try to PM you but I've been rather neglectful about that the last few weeks. Glad to know he's still so positive even with all the hurdles he has endured and continues to get thrown at him. He's an inspiration to many. So many think they've got it so bad and then you see someone like this that up till fairly recently, lived a normal life then got a disease that deteriorates a body so quickly.... it puts it all into perspective!! Many could learn from him!

sodascouts
11-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Amen TBF! Chuck's strength is something for all of us to note whenever we get tempted to have a little pity party. Happy birthday, Chuck!

Troubadour
11-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Happy Birthday to Chuck! I think of him often, and hope that he is doing as well as can be expected. I am glad to hear that his faith is strong and his spirits are up. As Soda and TBF said, he is an example to us all. I hope you all had a great day celebrating his 46th year!

Troubadour
11-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Okay, I have to share this! Many of you know that I adore the author, RJ Ellory. I wrote a review on Amazon.co.uk of his latest book "Bad Signs" last night. About half an hour ago, I received a personal email on Facebook from RJ Ellory himself. This is what he wrote:

I really don't know what to say about your review of 'Bad Signs'. There are very few things that leave me lost for words, but I think - more than anyone - you have somehow captured my entire reasoning for writing the novel in the first place. I don't wish this to sound in any way patronising, but your writing is quite extraordinary. I was actually quite blown away by the way you described the book. You really have a tremendous talent for putting things into words! So thank you, Louise, for making my day, and for writing the most sensitive, perceptive, accurate and validating review of any book I have written. Hugely appreciated.

I am just so thrilled! To have my writing validated by one of my favourite authors is incredible... He has totally made my night. I am going to be wandering around at work all evening with a silly grin on my face.

He also tacked on the end: Oh - why are you going to Oklahoma? LOL!

Best email I've received in a long time.

sodascouts
11-10-2011, 03:12 PM
WOW!!!!

You go, girl!

TimothyBFan
11-10-2011, 03:18 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I want to read your review!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Troubadour
11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Here it is. I've copied and pasted it from Amazon.

Oh - and thank you so much for sharing in my excitement!

When I read "A Quiet Belief in Angels" a couple of years ago, I became immediately enthralled with RJ Ellory's writing. I knew that I'd found an author with whom I could identify. It was as if he had plucked the very book I wanted to read out of my head, put it on paper and said "Here you go!" His other books have captured me in the same way as "A Quiet Belief in Angels" and his latest offering, "Bad Signs" is no exception. Ellory's prose is often beautifully descriptive and poetic, but it is juxtaposed effectively with the grit and realism that is necessary in a novel that deals with grisly murder, violence and sex.

"Bad Signs" explores the relationship between two brothers, Elliott Danziger and Clarence Luckman. Both boys have been in care from early childhood, and they have relied on each other throughout. Clarence in particular feels that he was born under a "dark star" - that perhaps some people are just cursed from the beginning. This is an interesting idea, and one which permeates the novel. The notion that something bad is coming, that bad luck follows these boys, is always present and our fears are realised when a psychopathic killer named Earl Sheridan escapes from prison and takes the two teenage brothers as hostages. The boys embark upon a frightening and life-changing journey that will separate them and reveal the true natures and desires of both.

The novel takes place in nine tense days, across several American states, and it is a breathless ride that will exhilarate you, sadden you, and terrify you.

It is the emotional aspect of RJ Ellory's novels that I find so powerful. The impact of these events upon characters the reader genuinely grows to care about - the fact that one occurrence or encounter can change a young life forever. That two people, born of the same mother and raised the same way, can take completely different paths in life. That there is an invisible thread that seems to connect us all. The wider themes of fate, coincidence, chance, redemption and evil are all touched upon and considered.

An earlier review mentioned the fact that this book is different because Ellory gives the reader incredible access to the "villain". This is true, and it is what makes the novel so frightening and sad. Interestingly, it is the boy who took the bad road in this novel who broke my heart.

It asks serious questions about the nature of evil - whether such a thing exists and where it comes from. Is it innate? Something that lies dormant, waiting to be woken by circumstance? There is no shortage of questions to be considered by the reader, and this is something I admire. Literature should be challenging.

The depth and breadth of RJ Ellory's books is remarkable, but at the heart of the story is always a person, always an emotion, always a human relationship, always tenderness amongst the destruction. Such is the case in "Bad Signs". His peripheral characters are always so real and important, whether they are present for twenty pages or three. John Cassidy and his wife, Alice, are characters I will remember for a long time. I will let you discover why.

In short, if you want a novel that will thrill you, stir your emotions and make you think, pick up a copy of "Bad Signs". Then, when you have your breath back, go and read everything else RJ Ellory has written.

sodascouts
11-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I just went to the site and ranked your review "helpful" - everyone should see it!

It also makes me interested in this novel, except... I tend to shy away from violent novels with unhappy endings. Still, you almost make me want to read it!

Troubadour
11-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks, Nancy!

It is a violent novel - quite graphic and shocking in parts - but there are moments of tenderness and humanity, as in all of his novels. I wouldn't say it has a completely unhappy ending. ;)

If you are interested in reading his novels, perhaps start with "A Quiet Belief in Angels" or "Candlemoth".

Henley Honey
11-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Me too! I am a voracious reader and am always on the lookout for a
thought-provoking, mentally-stimulating book.

It's now on my short list. Can't wait to read it. Thanks, Troub.

TimothyBFan
11-10-2011, 03:38 PM
WOW- You did a great job. I also marked it as helpful. I love to read when I have the time, I'm usually not into those kind of books either (I read mindless things with little words ;)) but I might have to give it a shot. Very cool about the OK question also. Wonder if he remembered you won that book or if he "stalking" your Facebook. :headscratch:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Great news, Lou!! Good for you!

Troubadour
11-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks to all! Just be aware that, although his novels are set in America, he is a British author so his books take a while to be released in the States! I would recommend starting with "A Quiet Belief In Angels" or "Candlemoth"... I would imagine that those two have been published in America, but I can't be certain. I know "Bad Signs" hasn't been released there yet.

Troubadour
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Okay, I replied to his email and just got this response:

That sounds like a wonderful trip to take. Who are you going with? I am most jealous! And thank you for your kind words, Louise. If you want to send me some of your own material, I would be very pleased to read it. My personal e-mail address is ***************

HOW FREAKIN' COOL!

TimothyBFan
11-10-2011, 03:56 PM
This is getting better and better!!!! Like I told you a few minutes ago on the phone, that should be all the motivation you need to continue with your writing. I am so excited for you and PROUD!!!!

timfan
11-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Louise:

This is AMAZING!! I know how much you appreciate his work and to have it going both ways well that is mind blowing!

Congrats Hun! You deserve it :grin:

Brooke
11-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Louise, this is fabulous! Great job and now I want to read the book, too!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
11-10-2011, 05:31 PM
To echo Willie...this keeps getting better and better!

How does he know about your trip to Oklahoma?

Troubadour
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
From my FB page, I guess. I am "friends" with him on Facebook, as are thousands of his other readers!

Freypower
11-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Lou, this is superb, brilliant, etc. What a fantastic review. I want to read it now; it sounds like it has echoes of Edgar & Edmund from King Lear. I am always on the lookout for more recent literature because sometimes you can get bogged down in reading the classics all the time. Congratulations to you.

AzEaglesFan
11-10-2011, 06:20 PM
I think YOU have made a fan, Louise. I will check out his books, I love to read.

EaglesFanatic
11-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Wow, that's amazing Troub!

WalshFan88
11-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Troub - Very cool!!!! :) :) :)

-------------

Going to the Surgeon on Tuesday to discuss Gallbladder removal surgery and if he agrees, it will be scheduled. It needs to come out - it causes me so much pain and agony. I hope he agrees with the other Drs and goes ahead with it. I'll report back. I have a feeling I will be having surgery soon but we'll see.

ticky
11-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Awe Lou! I am so proud of you!! this is amazing news and so well deserved. *G* You have a great talent and I am so looking forward to seeing where you go with it in the future *HUGS*

Best of luck Austin! I had my Gallbladder out back in 2000 and I havent missed it at all LOL I hope all goes well and you feel better soon!

Koala
11-11-2011, 01:19 AM
WOW, Lou this is fantastic! Great job with the review!

Good Luck Austin!

Prettymaid
11-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Troub - Very cool!!!! :) :) :)

-------------

Going to the Surgeon on Tuesday to discuss Gallbladder removal surgery and if he agrees, it will be scheduled. It needs to come out - it causes me so much pain and agony. I hope he agrees with the other Drs and goes ahead with it. I'll report back. I have a feeling I will be having surgery soon but we'll see.

WF, like I told you on FB, I know lots of people who have had their gall bladders removed, including my husband. The way it was explained to him was, when they test your gall bladder it has to be diseased to a certain percentage or level before the insurance will cover it. He, and others I know, had to go back to the doctor repeatedly complaining of the pain before they would agree to remove it. Maybe somebody else here can confirm or deny this. (Molly?)

Anyway, I hope you get some relief soon.

Prettymaid
11-11-2011, 08:45 AM
You really have a tremendous talent for putting things into words!

Congratulations Lou! I can imagine how thrilled you must be! We have told you this all along. You have a gift for putting words together in a way that explains precisely what you're trying to convey in a very honest and thoughtful way. Because of that, I have always enjoyed reading your posts here and, as I'm sure others feel, can relate to you in a very personable way, even though we've never met, which to me is the sign of a great writer. As Willie said, I'm proud of you!

I know you've been writing something...are you going to take him up on his offer? :nod:

Troubadour
11-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Thank you, Cathy! Yes, I will definitely send him some stuff to read. To have his constructive criticism would be great. I am working on a story at the moment, but it's in its early stages. Hopefully I will be sending this to him when it reaches a level I am somewhat happy with!

He and I continued to swap emails last night, talking about travelling in America, the Old West, and other books and authors we admire. He told me today that he has posted three books to me that he is sure I will enjoy and be inspired by. He has ordered a fourth that he will send when it arrives. How amazingly generous is that? I can't think of a better gift than a hand-picked book! I guess all writers are voracious readers, and that joy of introducing younger readers and writers to books that changed your life never fades.

This has definitely been a huge encouragement to me in terms of my writing. I would be silly not to send him some of my material when it is completed!

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Lou texted me last night when she got the email from RJ Elroy and she was just bubbling over with excitement! Lou, I'm so pleased for you. I've just read the actual review and it is wonderful, and beautifully constructed. Like so many people have already said, is just MAKES one want to go out and get their hands on a copy of the book. Well done indeed. You are richly deserving of the lovely compliments he made about you. And how cool that he will look over your work too!

I'm delighted for you my dear friend :hug:

Austin, I hope you get the surgery you need and find relief from your pain soon. Surely if its a doctors professional opinion that your gall bladder needs to be removed an insurance company wouldn't dare contradict him.

Happy Birthday to Chuck Cathy. His positive outlook is a a reminder to all of us that life is precious and should be lived to its full capacity. That goes for your friend Brandon too Willie. I hope he is continuing to improve with this new treatment that they have been trying.

Midnight_Flyer
11-11-2011, 12:15 PM
i'm currently looking for a job, and in between looking for a job, i'm learning guitar chords, i've wanted to learn for a while, i kept picking up my guitar then putting it down again but i've started learning again now hehe

Prettymaid
11-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Good for you Midnight! Do you have blistas on your fingas? :hilarious:

Midnight_Flyer
11-11-2011, 01:51 PM
not yet :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
11-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Good luck with the guitar MF! Its a great instrument.

Prettymaid
11-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Let's all keep Troubadour (Lou) in our thoughts this morning as she travels to the United States.

TimothyBFan
11-15-2011, 09:19 AM
I was up at 3:00 this morning watching Law & Order, (yes, I'm still doing the insomnia thing) and was thinking about it. I was going to text her but my phone was in the other room and I was to lazy to get it. :hilarious: Does anyone remember what time she lands in Dallas?

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Let's all keep Troubadour (Lou) in our thoughts this morning as she travels to the United States.

Well she texted me from the airport and as she was about to board. Everything seems to be going to plan so I assume she is mid air now. I'm trying to remember, I think she left at 9:45 am and it's a 9 hour flight as far as I can remember. That makes it close to 7pm our time, possibly in or around midday US time. Actually think she did say to me that she would be in Dallas about midday local time. Then she has a few hours to go before her flight to Oklahoma, and she is due into Oklahoma at Midnight GMT. So that's about 6 pm CentrL time.

PHEW!!!!!!!!!

sodascouts
11-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the info, GA - I was wondering what the numbers were!

Prettymaid
11-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks GA! Home for lunch thinking of her now.

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2011, 03:41 PM
You're welcome! Being a Maths teacher helps with the number crunching!

WalshFan88
11-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Well my appointment yesterday was a waste of my time. :brickwall: :-x The doctor doesn't have enough evidence to do anything about removing the gallbladder and instead recommends endoscopy (scope down the throat) to look for a possible lesion there or possibly back to the original idea about an ulcer. So I will go see a Gastroenterologist AGAIN for that. I've had this stomach pain for 2 years and I'm SO tired of getting the run around. God it makes me SO mad!!!!

Brooke
11-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear that Austin. I hope they can do something for you.

Henley Honey
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Hang in there, Austin. It sounds totally frustrating, but I guess they have to rule out one thing before they can check for another. Feel better!

sodascouts
11-16-2011, 12:18 PM
It may be frustrating, but it would be worse if they removed the gall bladder and the pain was still there because they didn't identify the problem correctly!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-16-2011, 12:29 PM
It may be frustrating, but it would be worse if they removed the gall bladder and the pain was still there because they didn't identify the problem correctly!

This happened to a friend of mine recently. Test after test and they said it must be the gallbladder. They removed it and the pain is still there.

sodascouts
11-16-2011, 01:43 PM
BTW, for the curious, Troub arrived in Oklahoma safe and sound last night and is currently having a good time with Peek. :)

Brooke
11-16-2011, 02:45 PM
:yay: Glad to hear that and wish I were there too!

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Well my appointment yesterday was a waste of my time. :brickwall: :-x The doctor doesn't have enough evidence to do anything about removing the gallbladder and instead recommends endoscopy (scope down the throat) to look for a possible lesion there or possibly back to the original idea about an ulcer. So I will go see a Gastroenterologist AGAIN for that. I've had this stomach pain for 2 years and I'm SO tired of getting the run around. God it makes me SO mad!!!!

How frustrating for you Austin. I really feel for you. I hope they find the real reason soon. Hang in there.

Got a text from Lou when she arrived in Oklahoma, delighted to hear she in enjoying herself with Jess

Prettymaid
11-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Those girls probably partied all night and are sleeping all day! ;)

TimothyBFan
11-17-2011, 09:20 AM
This is one of "those days". It was 4 years ago today that my Dad passed away from his second bout with cancer.These kind of days are always difficult as all of you probably know but it seems this ones a bit different since it was only 3 months ago that we also lost my Mom. I admit, I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that at least they are together again.

Next obstacle is next week and Thanksgiving. The year Dad died, his funeral was the day before Thanksgiving so we changed the whole day and made it different and went right back into the "tradition" the following year. This year my brother and I have decided to do something totally different also by taking the whole family to a place called Amish Acres for their Thanksgiving buffet. Next year we will start a new tradition, just not sure what it will be yet. For my whole 48 years, it's always been a huge dinner that Mom prepared at their house. Time will tell, I guess.

WalshFan88
11-17-2011, 10:45 AM
TBF - Hang in there and take care! :)

Thanks everyone. And yes, while I realize it would be bad if they removed it and it was still hurting, having the pain is becoming intolerable for me. They better figure something out - that's all I can say. I'm about ready to remove the damn thing myself. All of my doctors (both my own doctor and all of the ER docs) think it is the gallbladder. This surgeon I went to is very conservative about doing surgery - I've seen him before and he really is not a Dr I care for but that's who they scheduled me with. My next step is to see a Gastroenterologist for the scopes and if they can't find anything, I'm going to ask to see a different surgeon in a bigger place. I'm getting sick of getting the run around and them not finding anything wrong or doing anything about it. :-x

Brooke
11-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Willie, thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

I also have sad memories at Thanksgiving. My m-n-l passed away 3 years ago on the 18th and my Dad passed away 2 years ago the 19th. Those 2 Thanksgivings were very rough at the time. We still have my Mom though and she is preparing a huge dinner this year as usual.

Austin, I'm sorry you are getting the run around, but I'm sure the doctors just want to do the right thing.

Also, I sent you a pm. Did you get it?

sodascouts
11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
I feel so lucky to still have both my parents. Days like the anniversary of the death and the holidays must be so difficult - to have them close together must make it more so. Just try to focus on the good times.

Koala
11-18-2011, 04:59 AM
It's never easy when you have lost a loved one, even after years. Hope the good memories help about the pain!

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Willie and Brooke, I really feel for you both. I hope the memories of times past will help you through this years Thanksgiving season and also the knowledge that you were part of happy families. Like Soda, I too am blessed to have both parents still alive, Mum in her late 70s, and Dad 85. But I know how precarious life can be and I thank God every day for them. We'll all be thinking of you.

Austin, can you not change your surgeon to a different one if you feel the one you were assigned is too conservative? I hope they can sort out your problems soon. Its not right that you be in such pain.

Prettymaid
11-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Today is my wedding anniversary. 11 years ago today I said I do and I'm still doing it! :hilarious:

We are going to go out for dinner tomorrow night. Works out better for us.

After today I have 4 days off! It just worked out that way! And of course, banks are closed on Thanksgiving, so I've got a pretty good work schedule this week!

TimothyBFan
11-18-2011, 10:56 AM
11 years ago today I said I do and I'm still doing it! :hilarious:

Way to much info Cathy!!! :blush::hilarious:

Happy Anniversary!!! Have a great long weekend!!!!!

Brooke
11-18-2011, 11:14 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PM!

Here's to many, many more! :cheers:

Willie, you bad girl! :lol:

TimothyBFan
11-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Well, Brooke, I figure that's probably why she's still married tho, right? :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Congratulations PM! To both of you. Sending all good wishes for many more happy times together.

Prettymaid
11-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Way to much info Cathy!!! :blush::hilarious:

Thanks everybody! Willie, get your mind out of the gutter! :hilarious:

ticky
11-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Just got home a little ago and Im exhausted. We had a craft fair today, one of the big ones we usually do very well at. My brother sold pretty well, 4 canes/walking sticks and a box or two, and I do okay. I sold a few truffles and cookies and had a lady who has a shop near by ask if I wanted to sell on consignment there. It might be well worth it! they have an art gallery attached to the shop and they're both a part of a alternative healing center. She really liked my Native American gourds and Asian influence gourds so I may take some down there next week.
I also got two good sized order for truffles and toffee that Im shipping our Monday! Its a lot of work but Im getting pretty good pay for it. IF this continues tho, I'll have to get access to a registered kitchen. I can do that, my parents kitchen is set up for it, but its going to be kind of a hassle. Still, if I get orders like these two on a regular basis, it might be worth it!
Here's part of our table from today...
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377547_2623122854404_1145190649_3094153_1128265779 _n.jpg
(the coffee's not for sale...)
these are the truffles Im making and selling..
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304003_264489390269190_252610888123707_787309_1535 058906_n.jpg
(L to R, Top to Bottom) White Chocolate Almond, Chocolate Hazelnut, Dark Chocolate Raspberry (they're not really the size of a basketball, more like a pingpong ball)

EaglesKiwi
11-20-2011, 04:00 AM
MMMmmm, dark chocolate and raspberry!! They look lovely, Ticky. Glad to hear the fair went well, and you got some orders - and an offer to sell on consignment, looking forward to hearing how that works out for you.

Koala
11-20-2011, 04:23 AM
The truffles and toffee looks delicious! Glad the sale was well!

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Your display looks lovely Rhonda, and I'm delighted you got some sales and orders. It might indeed be worth investigate doing the orders for health centre too.
God help ANYONE who would even TRY to buy Rhondas coffee!

WalshFan88
11-20-2011, 05:57 AM
PM - Happy Anniversary!

Ticky - Great display!!! :)

Brooke
11-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Ticky, the truffles look wonderful! Congrats on all your hard work! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
11-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Ticky, good luck with your continued sales endeavors. I can hear the excitement in your posts every time you make something new. Your truffles look and sound delicious!

Henley Honey
11-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I think I gained two pounds just LOOKING at those truffles! Wow. :drool: They look delicious. Keep up the good work!

Midnight_Flyer
11-21-2011, 06:54 PM
i've been feeling ill the last few days and went to the doctors this evening, he thinks i have a virus :(

AzEaglesFan
11-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Hope the doctor was able to help and you well be better soon. I hate to hear a doctor tell me "he thinks." :-?

Glennsallnighter
11-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Well viral infections are very difficult to specifically diagnose because the symptoms of them can vary so much. I guess the Doc is doing their best. I hope you feel better soon MF!

Midnight_Flyer
11-21-2011, 07:29 PM
thank you :)
i just hope it goes soon

Koala
11-22-2011, 01:28 AM
MF, sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon!

Midnight_Flyer
11-22-2011, 02:38 AM

VAisForEagleLovers
11-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Get better soon, MF!

Midnight_Flyer
11-22-2011, 02:15 PM

ticky
11-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Feel better soon MF!

Im having a roller coaster moment in my life right now. I didnt post anything about it on FB because there are a lot of family members there who need to hear directly from us before they read it on FB, but since they arent here, maybe I can vent a little here *G*
My Mom is having surgery tomorrow. She's having a small part of her lower intestine removed. She has a tumor that's blocking her digestive track. They arent sure how long she's had it but it could be as long as 12 years! It's just recently its grown enough to be an issue. The doctor said because of where it is and the way it's growing etc, he thinks it could be cancer. She's survived breast cancer twice so she's a fighter! but she's also nearly 80! Any prayers or thoughts in her direction would be much appreciated. That's definitely a BIG up on my roller coaster ride, the biggest I guess. My candy business is going pretty well thanks to some great people here and on FB. I've been making truffles, toffee and fudge and shipping it out as quick as I can! I have to say, its not only a really big help financially, I love doing it! Our Christmas Bazaar sales are going well and we can now take credit cards which is great!
Now for the freakish cork screw section of my personal roller coaster. I dont know how many of ya'll believe in paranormal stuff, ghosts, spirits, energies, what ever... but I had a VERY strange experience yesterday. Sarah and I were in the kitchen. I have a Dr.'s stool I use there (to save my back and knees when Im cooking) She'd just gotten home from school and I was by the sink in the kitchen. Sarah was in front of me. She had a book in her hand and was reading to me, I was doing dishes. Now, keep in mind here, I checked right after this happened and the dog was out side, the cats were asleep in the bed rooms, down the hall at the other end of the house. A pencil sharpener, the kind that suctions to the table top and has a crank handle, flew off the table and across the room and hit the cabinet behind me! It didnt fall, it flew a good 4 feet!! and hit hard enough to come apart! If it'd just been me, I might have excused it as being, I dunno, a hallucination, but Sarah and I both saw it, and I picked it up and cleaned up the pencil shavings! I am not quite sure what to think about this, but I cant deny it.
SO.. between the great work, the horrible news from my Mom and the weirdness happening here... Im a little unnerved

Brooke
11-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Ticky, I'm sorry about your Mom and will keep her and you all in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, it will turn out benign.

Congrats on you cooking business going so well, but I bet you are really busy.

As for the pencil sharpener episode, I'd have been outta there, lickety splitly! Very strange for sure!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Ticky, I will keep your Mom and all of you in my thoughts and prayers, definitely.

As for the candy, I'm so glad that's going well for you. As HH said, you gain weight just looking at them!

OK, the pencil sharpener...it was probably just the suction giving way. However, a rational explanation as to why it moved doesn't excuse the way and velocity with which it moved! I'd give it to Goodwill or take it to the landfill and use pens.

Koala
11-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Ticky, I'm sorry to hear that about your Mom she and your family in my thoughts and prayers!:hug:

Wildthyme
11-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Rhonda, you know I love your mom like she was my own mother and I have been and will keep praying and sending positive vibes towards her and all of you and be waiting anxiously to hear the news. I wish I could be there with all of you and I hope you know if you need anything I will be there as fast as the my little ol' Honda can carry me...

Troubadour
11-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Big hugs to you, Rhonda. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. I'll be thinking of your mum. Please keep us updated and, if you need anything, I'm here! :hug:

Prettymaid
11-23-2011, 07:28 AM
Thinking of you and your mom today Ticky.

TimothyBFan
11-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Oh Ticky!!! I'm so very sorry to hear this and I hope everything works out ok. Hopefully it will be removed with no complications and you will get good news that it's not the C word. Please keep us informed and know my thoughts are also with you throughout this.

As for your pencil sharpener.... I totally believe!!! This old house of ours has had more than it's fair share of weird things that go on. How old is your house? I believe old houses have all kinds of strange history to them and some times it spills over. KWIM? Our "ghost" have always been friendly and we've never had any hurtful things happen. Mainly in Katie's room and usually to do with electronics (can't begin to tell you how much brand new things have just quit working in her room). A couple quick stories---Katie is the neatest person and her room is always imaculate and closed to critters. She came home from school one afternoon and came downstairs and asked who'd been in her room. No one. I was home alone. Her remotes tv, dvd, cable) were all laying in the middle of her bed, opened up with the batteries scattered around them and a shopping bag she had in her closet that was full of other shopping bags, were scattered all across her room like someone had thrown them around it.

Another time, middle of the night, everyone in bed....I heard the tv in the living room come on. I got up to turn it off and just as I was about to hit the button, it went off again. As I climbed back into bed, it happened again, and 2 more times. The last time I jumped out of bed, ran to the living room screaming "stop it!" and hit the button to shut it off. LOL It never happened again and the tv lasted us another half dozen years and a friend has it now and it's never done that again. Some probably think were nuts but ask any of our nieces that have spent nights here alone or with our kids etc.... They will tell you strange stuff happens.

I'm trying to stay positive about tomorrow but know things are certainly going to be different. It will be nice to have my brother's family and all of us together again. We are all meeting at my Mom's for the kids to go through the stuff we have boxed up and get whatever they want and then we are going to go to one of our parents favorite restaraunts for dinner. Next year we will start a whole new tradition, just not sure what that will be yet.

I also have my 2 best friends, Amy who lost her father the week before my mother's passing and Barb who lost her mother the week before that, on my mind today as they approach their first holiday without their loved ones.

WalshFan88
11-23-2011, 02:27 PM
MF - Get better soon!

Ticky - Sending good wishes your way for your Mom! :)

TBF - Hoping you have a good day tomorrow! Take Care! I know it's tough. Stay strong!

AzEaglesFan
11-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Ticky, it's always sad to hear about health issues this time of the year. Thanksgiving and Christmas are suppose to be a time of joy.
Let's all pray that when they do the surgery that it is something simple and can be taken care at that time.
We lived in an old house at one time that had a ghost. He was a sweetheart. I missed him when we moved. Hope the people that bought the house enjoyed him as much as I did. He was a great babysitter.

ticky
11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
My mom just got out of surgery. She's okay and the mass they removed was NO T cancer, it was diverticulitus. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Henley Honey
11-23-2011, 08:48 PM
So glad you got good news. This is exactly what I meant when I posted that I am truly thankful for all my blessings. We never realize how good things are -- until they go bad.

Ticky, I hope that you and your family have a great Thanksgiving. It sounds like you got a first-hand look at what we shoud be truly thankful for!!!

Brooke
11-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Ticky, what wonderful news! I'm so glad for you and your family! :yay:

Sorry about that!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Ticky, great news! So glad to hear this!

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Rhonda! That brilliant news. I read your post last night and had been thinking of your Mum and your family today, and I'm thrilled. I hope she makes a speedy recovery!

Troubadour
11-24-2011, 06:54 PM
FANTASTIC!!!! I am so happy for you!

Koala
11-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Ticky, what for great news!

TimothyBFan
11-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Ticky---I also am so very happy to hear your good news for your Mom!!! What a relief you all must be feeling. Something to truly be thankful for this holiday season.

sodascouts
11-28-2011, 01:48 PM
I know I replied on FB, but wonderful about your mom, ticky!

Prettymaid
12-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Working in a customer service job, I am always amused by what 'small talk' my customer will bring up. For some reason, people have come to use the phrase "Are you ready for Christmas?" during the holiday season, and for some reason, this question irkes the :cuss: out of me. Probably because I am not much for small talk and don't know how to answer without sharing too much! However, I have decided this year to make the best of something I don't like. Starting today, Dec. 1, every time somebody says that phrase to me I'm going to mark it down, and after Christmas I'm going to donate $1 for every time it was said to a charity of my choice.

Does anybody have any suggestions for something I can answer back that is short and witty?

Koala
12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
PM, what a good idea! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
12-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Love the idea!!!! Good for you!!

As far as a comeback.... Since it irks you (me too), I say just slap them! :steviesmack: Or would that not work? :razz:

Glennsallnighter
12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Tell them what you're doing! Rattle a box under their nose and suggest they do the same PM!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Tell them you had all your presents bought and wrapped by July 4th. No one likes someone that organized, but they'll be envious all the same.

Since I don't know how much $$ you want to donate, I won't ask if you're ready for Christmas!!

EaglesKiwi
12-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Great idea, PM! You could tell them you're ready to run a mile away from Christmas...

... or that you've been playing Snoopy's Christmas non-stop - that should shut them up!

Lisa
12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
You could answer, "Almost!"

or, "Just about!"

Prettymaid
12-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the imput guys. GA, I don't dare tell what I'm up to or people will start coming up to me just to say it! (I want to be able to keep my word - if it gets to be too many I won't be able to afford it!)

Love the idea!!!! Good for you!!

As far as a comeback.... Since it irks you (me too), I say just slap them! :steviesmack: Or would that not work? :razz:

I think the bank might frown on that sort of thing...

TimothyBFan
12-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Well, the day has finally arrived. My baby girl is moving out this afternoon. I thought I was more ready for this but not so much now that it's here. I keep trying to tell myself that it's better than it was a year ago when we thought she'd be overseas for the year. So I'm thankful for that. The fact that she is moving out only 3 months after her brother moved out is making it a bit harder I think. Plus I'm starting to get a bit of a complex, that maybe they don't need their Mommy any more! :sad: :hilarious:

Oh--and I should add.... when we were loading a couple of the vehicles last night, I counted 13 big boxes that read Katie's closet, 6 big boxes that said "shoes" and 3 big boxes that read "purses". :hilarious: That's my girl!!!!

sodascouts
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Aw. I know it must be hard but Katie is ready to start a new phase in her life! Just hope she doesn't wind up living with you again as a result of running out of money, which is happening to more and more people thanks to the economy. Best of luck to her - I'm sure she'll be fine.

Prettymaid
12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
The fact that Katie is prepared (in every sense of the word) to move out, and the fact that Dillon is doing so well, says gobs about what kind of mother you are! Still, I understand how you must be feeling. Wish I was there to give you a big one of these! :hug:

Koala
12-03-2011, 03:08 AM
TBF, good luck to your daughter for her new phase of life!:)

Glennsallnighter
12-03-2011, 03:27 AM
Ass's yeah Willie! I'm sure it's hard, with your youngest child moving out now, but you know, they have done really well for themselves, and that's thanks to yourself and your husband. From what I have read about them on the Border they are a credit to you and Larry and all the hard work and sacrifices you have made for them. And I'm sure they are both in touch daily with you.

Oh and when they DO come home they will appreciate you guys more, as they realise just how much time and effort goes into maintaining a house!

I must say in a slightly selfish way, I'm glad Irish kids don't tend to move out for College. I'll probably be stuck with mine till at least their mid twenties. Lol. Though seriously, if they do as well as your pair Willie, I'll be over the moon!

WalshFan88
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
TBF - Good luck to your daughter!

TimothyBFan
12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks everyone! The move was made without to much drama. She left early afternoon and we followed a few hours later with a couple more trucks. Within the hour of her leaving, she had already sent me a text saying that she would be off work on Monday and asking if I could hold off doing the tree till Monday evening so she could come help. :hilarious: Sure can!!!

Though seriously, if they do as well as your pair Willie, I'll be over the moon!

Thank you so much GA. This statement just made my day! I am pretty proud of the young adults we've managed to raise.

EaglesKiwi
12-07-2011, 04:26 AM
You sure have reason to be proud of your kids, Willie.

My parents have just been over for a surprise visit (from Australia). I went to my birthday lunch on Saturday, and there they were :hilarious:

Have seen them Sunday, Monday and tonight, but they have just left & fly back tomorrow. A little sad that they have gone, but it was so good to see them unexpectedly.

Oh, and we're all exhausted now after some late nights catching up!

Glennsallnighter
12-07-2011, 04:45 AM
What a lovely surprise EK!

Freypower
12-07-2011, 06:23 PM
You sure have reason to be proud of your kids, Willie.

My parents have just been over for a surprise visit (from Australia). I went to my birthday lunch on Saturday, and there they were :hilarious:

Have seen them Sunday, Monday and tonight, but they have just left & fly back tomorrow. A little sad that they have gone, but it was so good to see them unexpectedly.

Oh, and we're all exhausted now after some late nights catching up!

Where do they live? General area.

EaglesKiwi
12-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Where do they live? General area.
Gold Coast. My 3 brothers live over there too... the family moved over one by one and I'm the only one left in NZ!