PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Freypower
06-07-2010, 03:16 AM
I exercised my rarely used moderator powers to close the previous thread due to its length. So let's carry on here.

I don't actually post here often because I lead a very quiet life but at the moment we're going through the process of finding out which high school my daughter will attend from next year.

OK... off you go!

ticky
06-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Hope your eyes are doing better now, Nancy. Well I got the CPAP and the first night went OK. BUT last night was terrible, don't know what I did wrong but I didn't sleep worth a darn. If tonight doesn't go better I will give them a call and see if they can tell me what the problem is. The up side is when I wake up in the morning my allergies don't have my nose all stopped up.

AZ- It will take some time to get fully used to sleeping with your Cpap. It may just be your mask isnt fitting well and it's leaking or, if you use oxygen or have a humidifier, it may need adjustment. Give it some time, you'll get it soon enough :)

Koala
06-07-2010, 12:25 PM
AZ, I hope that you as fast as possible accustoming with your Cpap to sleep!
FP, I hope you find the right school for your daughter, this is always a difficult decision.

sodascouts
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Hope your eyes are doing better now, Nancy.

Thanks - they are! I might even be able to put in a contact lens today!

Well I got the CPAP and the first night went OK. BUT last night was terrible, don't know what I did wrong but I didn't sleep worth a darn. If tonight doesn't go better I will give them a call and see if they can tell me what the problem is. The up side is when I wake up in the morning my allergies don't have my nose all stopped up.

Awful! I hope you're able to sleep better soon.

FP - good luck finding the right high school for Rosalind! I can't believe she's old enough to worry about that already!

Wildthyme
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Hope your eyes are doing better now, Nancy. Well I got the CPAP and the first night went OK. BUT last night was terrible, don't know what I did wrong but I didn't sleep worth a darn. If tonight doesn't go better I will give them a call and see if they can tell me what the problem is. The up side is when I wake up in the morning my allergies don't have my nose all stopped up.

It took me a few days and a different mask when I was first using my CPAP. Definitely go back to the company you got the CPAP from and talk to them. I know mine allowed me to change masks at first free of charge so that I could find the kind that worked best for me (nasal pillow as opposed to the more common over the nose cup style). And like you, one of the best "side effects" of my CPAP has been a clear head in the mornings.

Prettymaid
06-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Sounds like these CPAPs aren't as bad as some make them out to be, as long as you can find the right one for you. Hope you can AZ.

Soda, be careful with that lens! :worried:

FP, I know you contributed just for the sake of closing the other thread, but I appreciate hearing about your life. It makes me feel like I know you a little better. How old is Rosiland now?

Freypower
06-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Apologies to everyone who wanted to continue the previous discussion and got confused by the thread being closed because it certainly was not my intention to stop the discussion (so thanks for continuing it).

PM, Rosalind is 11, 12 in October. We are hoping that she will get into a selective school (i.e. where the kids are chosen based on high academic achievement). The alternative is the local high school. We tried applying to a couple of other schools in nearby suburbs but they are obliged to take students from their local catchment areas and they didn't have room for her.

She goes on her second school camp next week to Bathurst, in the old gold mining area of the state.

Glennsallnighter
06-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Well good luck Julie! I hope you find the school you want for Rosalind and that she is happy there. We have Laura's secondary school organised since October, though she won't be going until 2013. But if you don't apply now they run out of places. Its a private girls only school and smaller than the local community college which is huge melting pot.

Nancy, hope the eye is feeling better now. That infection sounded very nasty.

Troubadour
06-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Good to see you 'in charge', Julie! ;) Best of luck with getting Rosalind into a selective school. Please let us know how the applications go.

Nancy, I am so relieved that your eye is better. I was a little worried when you first mentioned it!

I did my first bank shift yesterday (after generally procrastinating and complaining about having to get back to 'real life' for a couple of weeks!) It went well, and it was helped by the fact that one of the service users has moved out. I feel awful about it in a way, but although I will really miss him, it was definitely for the best. Our home wasn't the right place for him - we weren't equipped to deal with his complex behaviours. He deserved more, and the staff and the other service users did too. There were a lot of issues with me in particular, which made me feel very awkward and really made me dread shifts. Monday felt like a breeze compared to the last few months! Anyway, I have booked in for a few more bank shifts over the next couple of weeks, which will keep the money coming in. I am also applying to schools in the local area in the hope that I can get a job as a learning support assistant before I start my teacher training course next year. (That's the plan anyway.) There is a little primary school quite near me, which I kind of have my heart set on! It's a rural village school, beautiful Victorian buildings, small class sizes... Fingers crossed.

Prettymaid
06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
It sounds lovely Troub. Hope you get your wish!

EagleLady
06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Good Luck Lou :hug:

TimothyBFan
06-10-2010, 11:27 AM
The newest member of our family arrived about 2 hours ago. My great niece, Ava Lynn at 8 lbs. 1 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. She is my #17th great niece/nephew. #18 arrives in August (boy) and #19 is due to arrive in January. Family just keeps getting larger and larger!!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/29253_1312503247755_1085859366_3072.jpg

Prettymaid
06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Aww, congratulations great auntie Willie! And welcome to the world Ava!

Wow, you do have a big family. I have four currently (my brother's daughter has two and his son has two with one on the way!) None on Hubby's side.

Troubadour
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Awww, congratulations, Willie! Ava is a beautiful name, and she looks precious.

Koala
06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Troub,hope everything get for you how you wish it!

Congratulations Willie! Welcome to your newest family member! Ava Lynn is really a beautiful name!

TimothyBFan
06-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks guys. I agree with the name, it is beautiful. The boy due in August will be Wyatt which I also really like.

Yeah Cathy, I married into a huge family (and you'll get to meet a few of them in a couple weeks). On my side, I only have 1 niece but Larry is the youngest of 4 kids, who have 12 kids between them and our kids are the youngest so all the others are having kids. My oldest great nephew is only a year younger than Katie is.

Ok pic of her all cleaned up and in her pink. Promise it's the last one.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs528.snc3/29990_1360650448858_1009445053_30793501_6114327_n. jpg

Troubadour
06-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Oh my gosh - so adorable! I love the name Wyatt, too.

Koala
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Ava is so cute!

tbs fanatic
06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Awwwwww, that is too precious :grin:

MikeA
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Willie....WHAT JOY! I can relate completely <LOL> I got to keep Megan all by myself Sunday past! I don' think I put her down even once except to change her diapers! That kid is a real fountain of youth!

Eve
06-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Beautiful baby!

Brooke
06-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Willie, just beautiful!

I don't even know how many nieces and nephews I have on my husbands side, let alone greats! He has 9 siblings and they all have kids. My side is much smaller. I have 8 nieces and nephews and 8 greats.

Neither of my kids have kids yet and I want some grandbabies dearly!

Glennsallnighter
06-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Awwwww Willie, Congratulations to you and your family. Ava looks adorable. And Mike, Its lovely to get some quality bonding time with little Megan. She looks gorgeous, bless her!

Lou! I'm delighted that you are getting some more shifts and that you have settled back well into work. I'm sure the guy who has been moved to a new situation will get the help he needs there. I hope you manage to get the school you would like to work in. I'm sure your current experiences will stand to you. Have you applied to do the Teacher Training programme?

Eve
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I have three clean bathrooms and pink toes. Productive day considering I didn't get out of bed until noon. :)

MikeA
06-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Lou, I think you could probably find a really good job here in the USA. You SURE you wouldn't think about transferring allegiance? (joking....but I'd welcome you over here for SURE!)

Koala
06-12-2010, 01:09 PM
I had a bad, sad day!
Taylors ( you know the little Glenn fan, my godson) parents have separated and today their mother is with him and his sister Lucy moved away. That means for all a large conversion, particularly for the kids, the two still to small to understand everything what's happening! In addition, a great conversion for me, even if that sounds egoistic, otherwise I have seen the two each day (among other things to our daily Glenn Frey Party)now I see they only on the weekends,if at all!
But the important thing is that the kids not too much suffering under the separation!

EagleLady
06-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Oh I'm sorry to hear that Koala

sodascouts
06-12-2010, 01:44 PM
What a shame! It's so hard on the kids when parents separate. I feel very fortunate that my parents have stayed together for 43 years now... seems that it's getting to be the exception rather than the rule. :(

Brooke
06-12-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry too, K. :-(

Koala
06-13-2010, 02:24 AM
I feel very fortunate that my parents have stayed together for 43 years now... seems that it's getting to be the exception rather than the rule. :(
I think this is really an exception! I see it every day at the work, the
most children live only with one parent because their parents have separated!
I feel fortunate also, my parents are married since 32 years now.

Eve
06-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Yard clean up is the order of my day. All the rain has made the plants and garden sad, but the weeds are very happy.

Now I wll sit here for a bit with the air conditioning blowing at my feet. :)

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Awwww Eve! You do need to relax! Put on some nice music and put up those pink feet!

Koala, I'm sorry to hear of the separation of Taylor's parents. I hope they can sort everything so as to cause the children the least amount of trauma as possible.

I think relationships are very strange things. My parents have been married 52 years now and Pauls were 45 before his Mum passed away in 2003. Both sets of parents have had their ups and downs in life but managed to stay together. I know some couples where their marriages worked against all odds and in the strangest of circumstances, while other couples that one would think were glued together sometimes don't make it. Is there a recipe? I dunno!

MikeA
06-13-2010, 09:07 PM
The key is that you have a family who has fun together and has the tenacity to work through the rough times so that those fun times can be enjoyed in the future. Don't know if that works, but it sounds good <LOL>

I feel bad for those people who have to go through the trauma (and it IS trauma!) of separation and divorce...the kids and the adults too.

We had a party for Miles to celebrate his fourth birthday. I can hardly believe he's already four and now has a baby sister. Seems like only yesterday that I was carrying him around. Just as with Miles, I can't bear to put Megan down when I have the option to be holding her!

http://mvabercrombie.net/abercrombie_albums/2010_0612_BD/2010_0612_BD.html

Eve
06-13-2010, 09:14 PM
That is one cute little boy. Enjoy it dad, before you know it you will be asking him if he wants a beer.

MikeA
06-14-2010, 07:50 AM
I think his Dad has me beat out on that Eve....Phil's hobby is brewing beer. But one way I'm going to beat his Dad out if he doesn't get busy....I'm going to teach Miles to ride a bike without training wheels! Actually, it is his Mom that doesn't went him learning to ride. She's afraid that he'll be too fast for them to keep up with. Ench!

ticky
06-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Mike, LOVE the party pics! Miles has grown so much and the baby is so beautiful! I want one of those bouncy houses at my next party (Definitely a consideration for your next Vinyl party, Willie...) that is way too cool! With the pool and the bouncy house, looks like you and Verna should do this for a living!! *G*

Nothing terribly exciting happening around here. This is the last week of school for Sarah. It was supposed to be last week, but they extended it because of the school closures this winter. This weekend was FINALLY summer! about 80 degrees and full sun! I got my tan on! (yay!) and worked in the garden. Consequently, I am NOT moving very fast this morning, and I still havent got everything in... or even weeded out!! but I got a good start. Went to M&Ds for dinner last night and my Dad surprised me with a new printer/scanner! (YAY DAD!) Mine died and we had to borrow theirs to do a home work assignment for Sarah, so Dad just bought us a new one! What a guy! Then Mom grilled Fillet Mignon for dinner! (Why did I move out again?.. oh yeah, that whole husband/getting married thing...) Anyway, it was a great weekend and this will be a short week and NEXT weekend.. THE CABIN!! (yay!! happy naked dancing on the river!!)

TimothyBFan
06-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Mike, LOVE the party pics! Miles has grown so much and the baby is so beautiful! I want one of those bouncy houses at my next party (Definitely a consideration for your next Vinyl party, Willie...) that is way too cool! With the pool and the bouncy house, looks like you and Verna should do this for a living!! *G*

Couldn't you just see 15 drunks bouncing around in this to the beats of The Stones, Zeppelin or Floyd? :hilarious: I wouldn't want to clean up after that! But thanks for the suggestion Rhonda!:thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Lovely pictures, Mike. Looks like much fun was had by all! Thanks for saying that I'd be very welcome in the States. It's not out of the question, by any means... I'd need to learn to drive first, though! ;)

Koala, I'm sorry to hear about Taylor's parents. My mum and dad divorced when I was eight, and it is tough for all concerned.

Rhonda, sounds like you had a great weekend. What a sweetheart your dad is!

Eve
06-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I think his Dad has me beat out on that Eve....Phil's hobby is brewing beer. But one way I'm going to beat his Dad out if he doesn't get busy....I'm going to teach Miles to ride a bike without training wheels! Actually, it is his Mom that doesn't went him learning to ride. She's afraid that he'll be too fast for them to keep up with. Ench!

Brewing beer is my husbands hobby. I am not a beer drinker, but according to everybody that drinks his beer, it's pretty good stuff. I can't tell the difference from beer to the next.

I just got my hair trimmed into my cute pixie haircut. Nice and short to piss off all the men in my life. ;)

sodascouts
06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm currently in my bathroom with my cat and laptop waiting out a tornado warning. Oh, and I also brought in my Longbranch Pennywhistle album signed by Glenn and JD Souther. Only the stuff that can't be replaced!

ETA: Looks like it's already moving away from us. That was quick! It's moving east towards Indiana's Cass County. Linden, Indiana which is 15 miles south of here, is still under a tornado warning. Gotta love it when you even think of the Eagles when you're listening to the weather channel detail tornado warnings and telling which areas to take shelter.

Troubadour
06-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Hope it passes you by, Nanc!

In the bathroom with a cat, a laptop and an old record. I love it. Be careful though - none of the above mix well with water! ;)

Prettymaid
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Couldn't you just see 15 drunks bouncing around in this to the beats of The Stones, Zeppelin or Floyd? :hilarious: I wouldn't want to clean up after that! But thanks for the suggestion Rhonda!:thumbsup:

And seeing as how I'm going to be attending one of Willie's vinyl parties in a couple of weeks :yay: I'm glad she's not taking Ticky up on her suggestion. Sounds kind of messy!

sodascouts
06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
I edited my tornado post - seems like it's passed us by. Can't say the same for Linden, Indiana in Montgomery County and Indiana's Cass County, which are still under a warning. How silly that I perked up when they were mentioned just because they remind me of Don!

Prettymaid
06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah, that's quite the visual, Soda! I'm picturing you in the bathtub with Milton on one side and Longbranch Pennywhistle on the other! Be safe!

AzEaglesFan
06-14-2010, 06:49 PM
My cousin and family live in Richmond, In, looked it up real quick to make sure it wasn't in their area. Looks like it hit the other side of In. so they should be OK. Can't get them on the phone to make sure.

Prettymaid
06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
So nice to be reading good news from everybody lately.

My good news is that I finally got my chest - undamaged! :partytime: When I emailed the customer service rep to inquire what I should do with the damaged one (still boxed) she said to throw it out or donate it. When we opened it the only damage was a hole in the back, which no one will ever see. It looks great in my dining room!

The bedroom is almost finished. Taking my time to find artwork for the walls.

Koala
06-15-2010, 01:42 AM
Mike, great photos! :thumbsup:

Ticky, have fun on the weekend!

PM, nice to hear that the new chest is not damage, nicely you may keep the damaged one, still better is naturally which one the damage does not see and you can still use them!

Soda, good to hear that the Tornado passed you by.

TimothyBFan
06-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Nancy-glad the tornadoes passed last night. Seems we've been under the gun a lot this spring here in Indiana. A week ago this Saturday night, this area was really getting it and the sirens were going off. Larry was out of town and Dillon was gone so it was just Katie, I and a herd of scared animals. Wasn't fun at all.

Cathy-pretty cool about the chest. How lucky for you guys! And are you sure you don't want me to rent a bouncy house for the 26th? Could be kinda interesting!! :hilarious:

Brooke
06-15-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm currently in my bathroom with my cat and laptop waiting out a tornado warning. Oh, and I also brought in my Longbranch Pennywhistle album signed by Glenn and JD Souther. Only the stuff that can't be replaced!

ETA: Looks like it's already moving away from us. That was quick! It's moving east towards Indiana's Cass County. Linden, Indiana which is 15 miles south of here, is still under a tornado warning. Gotta love it when you even think of the Eagles when you're listening to the weather channel detail tornado warnings and telling which areas to take shelter.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this this morning! I'm glad everything turned out ok for you, Soda. A diehard fan for sure! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Glad the chest looks good in your dining room, Cathy. Sounds like you're having fun with this decorating project!

Koala
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
My car is out of order, today morning it did not want to start, nothing happened's!:brickwall: I hope only the battery is empty! So I had to call even at the work to say that I can't come! Thus I was only in 1 instead of in 2 schools, the other school is only a 10 min. away from my home, there I could go then.

sodascouts
06-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your car, Koala - ugh, what a pain! Did you find out what the problem was?

Koala
06-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Did you find out what the problem was?
Yes, it was only the battery they was empty,luckily nothing serious! Because this mostly means also expensive! We had connected the car the whole night on a battery charger, now it runs again without problems!:)

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Tell me about it Koala! I hate car repairs! Do you have an electric car then? Is it economical to run. Petrol over here is getting sooooo expensive.

Soda, I'm glad the tornado missed you. I hope nobody suffers from the brunt of the weather this year.

Mike, gorgeous pics. Your grandchildren are adorable.

Cathy, glad you can use both the chests and that the decorating project is going so well.

We have ahd beautiful weather the last few days, its putting everyone in a great mood. AND its due to last for at least a fortnight! Thats a better summer than we had last year already. :thumbsup:

MikeA
06-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Tuesday morning (ed: don't know what day it is!), my brother Johnny had a stroke. It must have happened during the night for when his wife awoke to take care of him, he seemed more unresponsive than was his "normal". She called the Hospic folks out to see if there was anything they could do and while there, the nurse did indicate that he had all the symptoms of a mild stroke.

The got him in to the main Hospic House a short distance away Tuesday night and the Doctor saw him Wednesday morning. Sadly, he gave him 48 hours at the outside. He was having some trouble breathing but it was drainage from his sinuses (not fluid in his lungs) which they treated with some eye-drops under his tongue. The side effect of that medication is that it does dry up sinuses and seems to work.

He was restful last night and doesn't seem to be in any pain, but he is totally non-responsive to any stimulus. It is not at all likely that he'll recover from this last attack on his body and mind.

I'm glad that Verna and I were able to go down a couple of weeks ago and visit with him. At that time, he knew who we were and other than having a hard time hearing us talk (bad hearing loss) he was carrying on conversations without losing his concentration. I was intending to obtain a hearing aid for him thinking that would make communications a lot less effort for him. I hever had the chance to get one packaged and sent down.

Rhonda, his wife, is hanging tough and both my sisters are sticking with my Mother.

TimothyBFan
06-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Ohh Mike--I'm so very sorry to hear this! I'm thinking of you and your family. :hug:

sodascouts
06-17-2010, 10:47 AM
How awful, Mike. I'll be praying for your brother and your family.

tbs fanatic
06-17-2010, 10:55 AM
So sorry to hear that, Mike. Thinking of you and yours.

Brooke
06-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Mike, I'm so sorry and will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

EagleLady
06-17-2010, 11:25 AM
I HATE LIFE RIGHT NOW~!!~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koala
06-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Mike, I'm so very sorry to hear this! You and your family in my thoughts!

Tell me about it Koala! I hate car repairs! Do you have an electric car then? Is it economical to run. Petrol over here is getting sooooo expensive.

Oh no, I have no electric car, but sometimes I think it is a good alternative to a normal car. Unfortunately, petrol is also very expensive here, just now where soon the holidays start.

MikeA
06-17-2010, 12:15 PM
And folks, THIS is why I really hesitate to post anything about Johnny here. I got a call this morning from my Sister. Johnny "Woke Up"! He had been in a coma for basically 3 days...totally non-responsive.

Then this morning, while the nurses were moving him to do this and that, he opened his eyes and started focusing. They were able to feed him, give him some medications and give him liquids. One of his biggest problems has been keeping hydrated.

But this was totally unexpected. Of course it is GREAT NEWS but we are all very tentative about getting hopes up real high. The Dr hasn't seen him but as far as I know, he is still remaining conscious. He can't talk but is trying. This is very likely the stroke showing its effects.

We've been on this rollercoaster with Johnny for the past two years. I shouldn't be surprised at anything he does. He's obviously a tough fighter.

TimothyBFan
06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Positive Karma being sent Johnny's way from Indiana!!!

Brooke
06-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Good news, Mike. I know exactly what you are talking about being on the roller coaster. It's tough for everyone.

Troubadour
06-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Mike - like everyone else, I'm thinking of Johnny, and everyone close to him.

Prettymaid
06-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Mike, thinking of you and your brother and hoping for even more improvement.

AzEaglesFan
06-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Mike, hope this is the turning point and Johnny keeps improving.

Koala, There is an old saying, "If it weren't for bad luck, you would have no luck at all." I hope you have had your share and from now on it will be all good luck for you and your family. How is your knee doing now??

sodascouts
06-17-2010, 08:48 PM
I can only imagine how difficult this must be for your brother and your family, Mike. I continue to pray for you guys.

Koala
06-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Koala, There is an old saying, "If it weren't for bad luck, you would have no luck at all." I hope you have had your share and from now on it will be all good luck for you and your family. How is your knee doing now??
Thanks AZ, that I hope too! My knee is pretty good, even if it still swell up every day after the work and from time to time I still have strong pains, but it is to endure!

Molly
06-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Mike keeping your brother and your family in my thoughts.

Hang in there.

Wildthyme
06-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Mike, I will keep good thoughts for you and your family. Your brother certainly has the fighting spirit in him though.

Well if you all recall the "event" that precipitated my little Eagles concert adventure last month... I had a follow-up test this week. Unfortunately as much as I had hoped the thing would have vanished it didn't. So that means surgery and evaluation. They are trying to squeeze me into the surgeon's schedule for a consult in the next couple of weeks. I am trying not to freak out about the whole thing but its certainly pretty much front and center in my mind right now.

TimothyBFan
06-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Oh Cami---:hug: Keeping the positive thoughts and good karma coming your way!!! Please keep us posted and know we are all thinking about you!!

MikeA
06-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Good Vibes your way Cami!:heart:

Brooke
06-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes Cami. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Keep your chin up and plan for the best.

Troubadour
06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Big hugs to you, Cami! Here's hoping the surgeon can fit you in soon. Keep us updated. :hug:

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Cami! Good vibes coming from me too. Hope this gets sorted soon. Mike I'm thinking of your family and your brother. He is certainly a fighter. I know all these ups and downs are difficult for your family (We are going through a similar situation with an Uncle of mine) but hang in there. You are all doing the best you can for him.

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 08:08 PM
You're in my prayers, too, Cami!

Koala
06-19-2010, 02:26 AM
WT, you are in my thoughts and prayers!:hug:

Peekaboo
06-19-2010, 05:35 AM
My good news is that I finally got my chest - undamaged! :partytime: When I emailed the customer service rep to inquire what I should do with the damaged one (still boxed) she said to throw it out or donate it. When we opened it the only damage was a hole in the back, which no one will ever see. It looks great in my dining room!

The bedroom is almost finished. Taking my time to find artwork for the walls.

Cathy, I'm glad that you were able to find a place for the damaged chest. You seem so crafty with all that you're doing with this room. I bet it all looks great!!

Yes, it was only the battery they was empty,luckily nothing serious! Because this mostly means also expensive! We had connected the car the whole night on a battery charger, now it runs again without problems!:)

I've been there before, Koala. A few years ago, I was leaving Walmart in an older car that I had back then and it wouldn't start. Turned out that the battery was completely fried. I was stranded for about an hour or so but thankfully a friend that is very knowledgeable about car repair came to the rescue. I have no idea what goes on under the hood of my car. I only know how to drive and put gas in, that's pretty much it...oh and I know how to air up the tires too. :)

We have ahd beautiful weather the last few days, its putting everyone in a great mood. AND its due to last for at least a fortnight! Thats a better summer than we had last year already. :thumbsup:

I've never been to Ireland before but it sounds lovely there. It's getting hotter and hotter here in OK everyday. Summer is definitely here.

I HATE LIFE RIGHT NOW~!!~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, EL!! I hope everything's ok. Whatever the reason you feel that way, I hope it'll all work out for the better very soon.

We've been on this rollercoaster with Johnny for the past two years. I shouldn't be surprised at anything he does. He's obviously a tough fighter.

Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about Johnny's recent stroke but i'm glad to learn that he is awake and doing even a little bit better. He is definitely a fighter. God Bless him! I'll be praying for him and your family.

Well if you all recall the "event" that precipitated my little Eagles concert adventure last month... I had a follow-up test this week. Unfortunately as much as I had hoped the thing would have vanished it didn't. So that means surgery and evaluation. They are trying to squeeze me into the surgeon's schedule for a consult in the next couple of weeks. I am trying not to freak out about the whole thing but its certainly pretty much front and center in my mind right now.

Oh, Cami!! I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I'm hoping and praying for the best for you. Please keep us updated. We're all here for you!! Stay strong, my friend. I have faith that everything will work out just fine.

MikeA
06-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Jess,

I'm relieved to know that you are a competent driver and that you have conquered the task of filling up the gas tank. And besides all that, you have mastered airing up the tires! What a gal!

My daughter called me Thursday night. She had stopped at Hobby Lobby and the car wouldn't start and she had Megan and Miles with her. I jumped into the car. Dad to the rescue. Just needed a jump...battery freaked out and blew a cell. Just needed a new one. The old one was the original that came in the car 6 or 7 years ago. They don't last forever.

She asked if there was anything else she needed to do. She takes it in regularly for oil changes. I asked her how long it had been since she had changed the air in her tires? She had NEVER done that! My goodness...do you KNOW the damage that not changing the air can cause?

Prettymaid
06-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Cami, thinking of you during this stressful time.

Molly
06-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Keeping you in my thoughts, Cami! Sending good vibes that everything will be just fine!

Eve
06-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Treadmills are awful, evil contraptions.

Eve
06-19-2010, 06:57 PM
But now that I am done torturing myself and am all showered, I love the sucker.

TimothyBFan
06-19-2010, 07:56 PM
We had one heck of a line of storms that hit here last night. Larry and I were at a local bar having fish dinner and it moved in so quickly because of the heat & humidity. I realized I had forgotten my cell phone and Larry never carries his. We weren't sure which would be more upset at home, daughter or dogs. The power went out and so we hurried home (only 3 blocks away) but took awhile because the rain was going sideways and the tree was down across our neighbors car across the street. When we arrived, we were greeted by our 17 year old and 2 very nervous upset dogs. Boy was she p*ssed because no power, dogs freaking out, trees coming down and Mom & Dad not carrying cell phones. Please realize, she does have a flair for the dramatic.

Anyways, come to find out, a substation caught on fire during the storm and knocked out all the power for a 45 mile radius. We were scrambling this morning when we were told no power till possibly Monday. Some areas had power and one of our friends did so we loaded up the full freezer and took it to her house to save all our frozen food. Get home and an hour later, the electric comes back on but we have been told not to get to use to it because it will be sporadic for a few days as they replace fallen polls and wires all over the place. So far so good. Just got back home from a friends cookout and still several people in our community, especially out in the country, without power and are being told could be Wednesday before they are up and running. Since it's in the 90's again this afternoon and they are calling for more storms possibly today and tomorrow while this weather is so hot & humid. We are so very lucky but this town looks like a war zone right now.

I really wish my ticket situation would have worked out but then again, I had no blow dryer and curling iron for my hair (and anyone who has seen pictures of me knows that this big hair needs to be tamed) and how do you get ready for an Eagles concert without electric to make ya beautiful? :hilarious: I would of scared Timothy to death in this humidity!

MikeA
06-19-2010, 10:12 PM
This has been ONE STORMY season hasn't it Willie?

EagleLady
06-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Like I said before seems as if Mother Nature is PMSing every day

Eve
06-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm sick of the rain...

EagleLady
06-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Well perhaps someone should move them to the How's the weather thread

EagleLady
06-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Sorry, made a snap judgment there

Troubadour
06-21-2010, 10:21 AM
My cousin is going into hospital today. She is pregnant with twins. At her last check-up, one of them was breach, so I think they're planning to do a caesarean tomorrow. We're hoping to drive down to the hospital on Wednesday with my grandparents, providing everything goes well. Please keep Kate and the babies in your thoughts!

Koala
06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Troub, your cousin and the twins are in my thoughts! Hope everything goes well!

EagleLady
06-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Aww Lou I hope everything goes well for Kate and the babies

TimothyBFan
06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Fingers crossed that everything goes well for Kate & her babies today!! Keep us posted Lou.

Prettymaid
06-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm sure Kate and the babies will be fine. Thinking of you Lou as your thoughts are with them.

sodascouts
06-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Praying for the best, Lou!

Brooke
06-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Awwww, best of luck to Kate and the babies and the whole family!

tequila girl
06-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Wishing "All the best" to Kate and her babies

My niece had Twins by caesarian - I think it's pretty much standard practice these days for Twins

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/Jo%20Darren%20and%20The%20Twins/92021.jpg

Brooke
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
tg, adorable family there!

Wildthyme
06-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Lou - best wishes on a safe delivery of the twins and congrats to your cousin and the rest of your family on the two newest additions. I will keep good thoughts in mind for them.

Tequila girl... great picture! Those two look like they are full of fun and mischief. :rofl:

And I just wanted to say thanks to you all for the support aimed my direction. I have an appointment with the surgeon next week so I will know more then. I am honored to know that I have friends near and far on my side right now :hug:

EagleLady
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm being blamed for My Dog peeing on the floor. Maybe I should just f-ing run away :-(

AzEaglesFan
06-22-2010, 01:03 AM
But we would miss you. EL

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Of course we'd miss you EL! :hug:. These things happen us all. Its not the end of the world! Even if they ARE frustrating.:brickwall:

Lou! Gosh! I remember you telling me when your cousin was first expecting. That time seems to have flown. Though not to her I'm sure! Anyway, of course I am sending her all sorts of positive vibes. I'm sure everything will go splendidly. :thumbsup:

TG your niece and her twins look lovely, and what a gorgeous photograph of them. :angel:

To all of you braving storms please be careful. Here its been beautifully sunny the last week and in the early 20's (70's F I think). But after the last few rain filled summers its a heatwave to us. I've sunbuned shoulders and back but they aren't uncomfortable. Nothing a bit of aftersun can't sort.

On a good note, I've joined the 'Institute of Photography' here in Ireland and went on a Dusk Shoot on Saturday night. We went down the docks about 10pm as the sun was setting and took some images of the City. Below are a few. (I'm still mastering the use of a tripod!)

Dublin city looking west down the River Liffey
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Dublin%20pics/IMG_1101.jpg

The new Samuel Beckett Bridge
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Dublin%20pics/IMG_1114.jpg

And the Bridge from straight in front of it
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Dublin%20pics/IMG_1110.jpg

Finally the New Conference Centre (Slightly crooked, apparently I need a gadget called a 'spirit level':wink:)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Dublin%20pics/IMG_1069.jpg

On a more sombre note, some of you know that an uncle of mine is not very well. He has been ill on and off over the past year or so and is also when well suffering from dementia. Well about 10 days ago he collapsed at home and was taken into hospital. They did a brain scan and found a benign tumour and were going to do a MRI scan, but have decided he wouldn't be able for it. He also had a fall (insisted on trying to get out of bed when he shouldn't have) and hurt his arm but wouldn't let them x-ray it. Anyway the current news is that he is being 'kept comfortable''. He was alert yesterday morning but wasn't good last night. He appears to be getting cold and his BP was falling as well. So can you please keep him in your prayers?

tequila girl
06-22-2010, 05:37 AM
Stunning photo's!! I love the new bridge - that wasn't there the last time I was in Dublin!

Sending positive healing vibes to your Uncle

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Thanks TG :hug:. You're right. It only went up last year some time. Its down off Sir John Rogerson's Quay, near the O2.
Thanks too for the good wishes for my uncle. :hug:

Wildthyme
06-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Lisa, I will definitely keep your uncle in my thoughts and prayers.

Such lovely photos that you took... especially the first one. And I really like the design and colors of the new conference centre - its quite striking.

Troubadour
06-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Beautiful photos, Lis. You know I am thinking of your uncle.

I'm out and about at the moment, but I just wanted to let you guys know that my cousin has had the babies. Two little boys - Elliot and Felix. I don't know any more details yet but I am so excited. Hopefully will be able to see them tomorrow. Thanks for all your well-wishes.

tequila girl
06-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Congratulations to Kate and all of your family Lou - so pleased everything went well!

Prettymaid
06-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Congratulations to Kate and her two new babies!

GA, what stunning photographs! Hopefully you will be able to use your new skills at another Eagles concert or a solo show in the future! :thumbsup:

Also, I'm thinking of your uncle and hoping for the best.

Brooke
06-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Ga, those are just gorgeous photos! Good job! And I'm also sending positive thoughts and prayers along for your uncle. Poor thing.

Koala
06-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Beautiful photos, Lisa! :thumbsup:
Your uncle is in my thoughts and prayers too!

Troub, congratulations to your cousin and her new babies! Love the names!

ticky
06-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Lisa, Beautiful pics! Wow.. Dublin is another growing metropolis! The bridge and conference center are stunning architectural works. I hope your Uncle feels better and my prayers are with all of you :hug:

Lou! WOW!! twin baby boys!! congrats! I love babies! Im a baby-aholic! *G* I hope you get a chance to enjoy them!

Troubadour
06-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks guys! All is well with the babies. Elliot is 6lbs 3oz and Felix is a little smaller, at 5lbs 9oz. Both healthy, both blondies! I'm going to see them tomorrow and I can't WAIT.

Troubadour
06-22-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm certainly planning to!

MikeA
06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys! All is well with the babies. Elliot is 6lbs 3oz and Felix is a little smaller, at 5lbs 9oz. Both healthy, both blondies! I'm going to see them tomorrow and I can't WAIT.

That all adds up to a LOT of BABIES! I'll bet she sure is glad to be a Mom not and not a Prospective Mom!

Troubadour
06-23-2010, 04:21 PM
We drove down to the hospital today to see my cousin and the babies. The weather has been beautiful - incredibly hot - and the countryside looked beautiful. The drive was well over two hours there, and two hours back, but it was lovely to spend some time with my grandparents. We had lunch with my aunt and Matilda (the twins' 3 year old sister), who enjoyed telling us all about Felix and Elliot. Apparently they were "fidgety" last night. LOL.

The babies are absolutely beautiful. I had a long cuddle with both of them, and I was in my element! Here's a couple of pics for you. This is Felix (left, in the stars outfit) and Elliot (on the right, in the green.)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/felixelliot23rdjune2010.png

And this is me with Felix. So frickin' adorable! (See that cake behind me, next to the Ribena? My cousin kindly donated a few slices to us for the journey home. Best carrot cake I've EVER had!)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/mefelix23rdjune2010.png

I really appreciate all your good wishes and positive thoughts. Kate is doing remarkably well, as are the twins. We're a very lucky family today!

EagleLady
06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Awww Lou they are adorable

Brooke
06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Awwwww, how very sweet Lou! And you are a very pretty girl yourself! Congrats to all!

Glennsallnighter
06-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Awwww Thanks for the positive vibes, Cami, PM, Koala, Brooke and Lou! At present my uncle is 'stable' and alert. He is not eating though. We can only wait and see what happend over the next while. :grouphug:

Lou, Congrats again to your cousin. Its great that everything went so well. I know all your family are thrilled, and the babies look like two precious angels. Have you inducted them to the Eagles 'Baby Lullaby's' cd yet? :wink:. Thats a gorgeous pic of you with Felix as well. Glad you enjoyed the carrot cake.

Thanks for the lovely compliments of my pics as well. They are pretty amateur but I would really like to get going seriously on the photography if I can. And YES PM, I hope that the boys make it back again purely so that I can photograph them!! Lol!

Prettymaid
06-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the world Felix and Elliot!

Troub, you mentioned a two hour drive to the hospital - does your cousin live that far from you?

Troubadour
06-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the world Felix and Elliot!

Troub, you mentioned a two hour drive to the hospital - does your cousin live that far from you?

Yes, unfortunately! I'd love to be able to see the babies all the time - but I'll just have to organise long weekends down in Devon, by the coast. I'm sure it won't be too much of a hardship. ;)

Peekaboo
06-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Lou, congrats on the new additions to your family. Glad that everything went well with the delivery. Lovely pics too. The babies look so precious.

GA, those pics are great!! So cool that you are taking a photography class. Also, your uncle is in my prayers. I hope that things will get better for him.

It's rare that I have a Saturday off but thanks to the Eagles I have this coming Saturday off from work. I originally requested the 26th off over a month ago because, at the time, I was planning to go the Dallas concert. I even told my boss that that's where I was going but things changed and now i'll be spending the day at a pool party and cookout with my family. I'm so excited!! Although I would love to be at the concert that day, I'm ready to do some swimming, get some sun, and spend some time with my family. We'll also be celebrating my cousin Francene's 26th birthday. She's been doing really well. She goes in for more blood tests this week so hopefully everything will still be showing positive signs. Francene only has to do these tests once a month now so that's some good news right there because she hates needles. She's had a fear of needles for as long as I can remember. She still hates getting it done but she's been able to tolerate them more since she was first diagnosed last October. Besides the fear of needles she's doing good and our family continues to be there for her.

Brooke
06-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Peek, I'm glad to hear Francene is doing well. Have fun at your family gathering.

Koala
06-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Lou, Felix and Elliot are really sweet babies!

Jess, glad to hear that Francene is doing well! Have fun with your family!

TimothyBFan
06-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Rain, rain, go away.....

No sooner did most of this area get power back on and things cleaned up from the storm last Friday night, we had another major one last night. This time the storms spawned tornado warnings & sightings in 7 area counties. We didn't have any trees come down this time and still have power unlike about 11,000 in the area once again.

Larry left for work at his usual time (4am) this morning, drove the 45 miles only to find that a tornado had hit that area last night and that 2 of the plants where he works had been hit. One building (the one he's in) had the roof literally picked up, turned around and sat back down and a wall collapsed in. Don't know what the plans are or how long he may be out of work. They sent everyone home this morning till they access the damage and then they will go from there. Just as they had gotten a new contract and started hiring new employees again. Geesh!

Brooke
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
TBF, oh man! I'm glad Larry wasn't at work at the time! Hopefully it won't take long to get things straightened up and everyone back to work. When it rains it pours, huh?! :wink:

sodascouts
06-24-2010, 12:58 PM
TQ and Lou, both of you get a big "AW" for those adorable photos!

GA, your uncle is in my prayers.

Peek, glad to hear Francene is better and that you got to chill for once.

Williie - hope they can get that mess cleaned up ASAP!

Troubadour
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Willie - wow! I really hope they can get it fixed soon and that Larry and the company don't suffer for long.

Jess, I'm really pleased that Francene is doing well. I only met her relatively briefly, but she was so lovely and I know she is handling this with grace and positivity. Hope she continues to do as well as she is doing right now! Have a wonderful time celebrating her birthday.

Unfortunately I didn't get the job at the school I liked. That's the way it goes! I'm keeping my eyes peeled, and doing quite a few bank shifts in the meantime.

Troubadour
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
We've just had a phone call from my aunt. Kate and the babies have been taken back into hospital because Felix went a very funny colour when they got him home - yellowish, blue around the mouth - and his eyes started to roll. They called the ambulance straight away and he is now wired up in hospital, on antibiotics, and they're doing tests. They think it may be because of his blood sugars, but they're not sure yet. Kate and Elliot have got to stay there for another 48 hours. He looked so well and healthy yesterday, and I am sure he will be okay... but I will admit I am close to tears. It's worrying.

I guess I am just asking for your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you updated.

EagleLady
06-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh No! I hope everything turns out great for the babies Lou and I will pray for them

Wildthyme
06-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Lou - most definitely saying a prayer for sweet little Felix and his mommy and brother.

ticky
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Awe Lou! you've got all my thoughts and prayers... He looked so strong and healthy! Im sure he'll be alright! God Bless!

MikeA
06-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Willie, WOW! While I know how it is with tornadoes, it makes it no less disastrous when they screw things up (LITERALLY!) Hoping they can get it all back functional soon without a lot of lost time for the employees.

Lou, what can I say. That is just a horrible thing to go through. They WILL figure out what's wrong and they WILL get it fixed!

tequila girl
06-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Positive vibes and Prayers coming from me for little Felix, I hope it's nothing serious and they sort it out real quick - it must be a terrible worry for his Mummy & Daddy and the rest of the family too of course x

Prettymaid
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Troub, I'm sure they'll get Felix better in no time. I'm sorry this happened to the little guy.

Peek, enjoy your Saturday off with your family. Good to hear Francene is doing well.

TBF, we've been getting a lot of rain, but not the damage your getting! Hope Larry's able to get back to work soon.

sodascouts
06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Little Felix and the whole family are in my prayers as well!

Koala
06-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Lou, all my thoughts and prayers are with Felix and your whole family! Hope he are better very soon!

TimothyBFan
06-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Lou-positive vibes being sent from Indiana to little Felix and the whole family. Hope everything gets under control very very soon.

Well Larry got a call from work yesterday afternoon. They want him on the clean up crew and he started this morning. At least it's work for now. Still don't know how long they will be shutdown.

Apparently it's been confirmed that it was a tornado. There were 7 confirmed tornadoes Wednesday night. This one took off one roof and laid it out against another building. Collapsed walls on a building and overturned some of their trucks (they build delivery trucks like UPS and Federal Express). He went back out in the daylight yesterday and said it was just amazing -took out 2 buildings but left about 14 others around them standing without a scratch. Good news is that it does look like all the assembly equipment was unharmed for the most part.

Troubadour
06-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Felix is apparently looking better today, but they're still not sure what the problem is. He's wired up and is under observation. At least he's in the best place.

sodascouts
06-27-2010, 03:55 PM
I had a blast up at Willie's last night - Prettymaid and her husband were there too. Fun times!

Going to my own farewell party in 15 minutes thrown by my local friends. Bittersweet. :(

Prettymaid
06-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, now I can say I've been to one of TBF's famous vinyl parties! We had so much fun we stayed up until 4:00! I'm getting too old for that! Home now and time to take a nap! :zzz: :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
06-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Well I just woke up from my nap!! 4:00 am--that's the time we get up during the week! :hilarious: It was great having Nancy, Cathy & hubby here this weekend.

My hubby and a couple of friends decided to surprise me with a birthday cake while everyone was here for the vinyl party. While the 2nd album was playing---The Long Run--when the song TRL started playing, everyone sat off poppers and Larry presented me with a cake....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/2010birthdaycake.jpg

Sneaky little devils!!!:hilarious:

Troubadour
06-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Okay, firstly, I am gutted that you three were together and I couldn't be there!! Glad you had a blast though.

Nanc, enjoy your farewell party - although I'm sure you're feeling a little emotional at the moment. It's a big step. Best of luck with EVERYTHING.

Willie - I love that cake!

Good news for Felix. He went home today. As far as I can understand, they're still not sure what the problem was... but he has been fine since he's been back in hospital. He's feeding well, looking well, and all his tests have come back normal. His blood sugars were very low when he was rushed back to hospital, but I guess they've taken the view that it was probably just too early for them to go home. Anyway - this is a positive step, and he seems to be just fine! Thanks so much for all your thoughts and messages. I really appreciate them.

EagleLady
06-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Good to hear Lou :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Willie, the picture of the cake turned out great. Larry was so sweet to surprise you like that. As you all can see, the icing was black, so we all probably had black teeth! :hilarious:

I wanted to add that last night was a little bittersweet for me, since it's the last time I'm going to see Nancy before she moves to Memphis. It's been nice living so close and meeting at Eagles shows and going to Timothy's show together. Who knows if we'll get to do it again? All of you who have met her know how sweet and kind Nancy is. I'm going to miss her.

sodascouts
06-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Aw, thank you Cathy! This has been quite a weekend for me. But there's no law that says I can't come back to visit!

Koala
06-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Lou, glad to hear the good news from Felix!

Willie, love the cake! How nice from Larry and your friends!

Because I have vacation in 2 weeks (6 weeks :)), we have already planned a little bit! In August we (my sister and her boyfriend come along) fly for a few days to Copenhagen / Denmark, I tihink this will be nice! What I will do the rest of the vacation I don't know, yet!

Glennsallnighter
06-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Well you could stay permanantly 'stuck on the Border' Koala, or you could mark exams like I am doing now! Whatever you do, relax, have fun, and take care of that knee!

Lou, wonderful to hear that Felix is at home now and is ok. I know it has been a very anxious time for your family. Hopefully the little tyke and his brother will thrive now.

Wow Willie! I love the cake! What a lovely surprise. And what a wonderful party you had the other evening.

Nancy, I hope 'Farewell 1' went well as you face the Long Road out of Indiana. But I'm sure you'll have a Peaceful Easy Feeling in Memphis. Just Take it Easy on your journey, don't spend too much of your Life in the Fast Lane. and in no time you'll be the New Kid in Town. And of course Willie and everyone else knows, you will NOT be Indiana's Girl from Yesterday. You'll be back again....... when Hell Freezes Over.

TimothyBFan
06-28-2010, 08:37 AM
GA :hilarious: Very cute!! Especially about being back to Indiana when Hell Freezes Over-anyone who escapes Indiana probably feels that way! I'm pretty sure that Cathy and Eric and Nancy were all feeling that way as they left my home Sunday morning and drove right into one of these storms we've been having. Received a text from Cathy once they were back on the road saying they don't know what we've been doing up here to p*ss off the weather Gods but stop it! :hilarious: Cathy--I say road trip to Memphis one of these days!:thumbsup:

Lou-very good news about little Felix. What a relief for the whole family I'm sure.

Prettymaid
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Cathy--I say road trip to Memphis one of these days!:thumbsup:

Now you've got your thinking cap on Willie! Or...I hear there's going to be a pretty good concert in Louisville, KY in October we could all meet halfway at...

sodascouts
06-28-2010, 12:58 PM
I had to pull over after leaving Willie's, too, and for a little while there was panicking that I'd be flooded out and miss my own party in Lafayette!

I have a TWO bedroom apartment now, so I can easily host guests... anytime, guys! PM, Joe Walsh used to live in Memphis, ya know! We could visit some old haunts!

GA - lol! That is cute, but I actually enjoyed my time in Indiana and would have no problem visiting regardless of the weather forecast in Hell. ;)

Thanks for the update on Felix, Lou! Glad to hear he's doing fine.

Brooke
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Lou, I'm glad to hear all is now well with little Felix and both babies are doing well.

Willie, that was a very cool cake and sounds like a wonderful party!

Soda, good luck on your move. I know it's a sad/happy time for you, but also very exciting.

Glennsallnighter
06-28-2010, 06:33 PM
GA - lol! That is cute, but I actually enjoyed my time in Indiana and would have no problem visiting regardless of the weather forecast in Hell. ;)

Oh I know you did Nancy! I meant that quotation that just as hell froze over for the Boys, it would for you too! I'm sure you will have many happy memories of your time in Indiana.

Koala
06-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Well you could stay permanantly 'stuck on the Border' Koala,
That's a good idea!:)

Whatever you do, relax, have fun, and take care of that knee!

thanks, then comes something like mountain climbing probably not in question!lol

Nancy, I hope 'Farewell 1' went well as you face the Long Road out of Indiana. But I'm sure you'll have a Peaceful Easy Feeling in Memphis. Just Take it Easy on your journey, don't spend too much of your Life in the Fast Lane. and in no time you'll be the New Kid in Town. And of course Willie and everyone else knows, you will NOT be Indiana's Girl from Yesterday. You'll be back again....... when Hell Freezes Over. Thats great!

MikeA
06-29-2010, 05:42 PM
My brother, Johnny, passed away Monday afternoon. He had gone into a coma Thursday and remained unresponsive until he died. It was peaceful. My sister told me that he was giving no indications of any sort of discomfort all during that coma. He had experienced during this past week, sleep apnea. He would stop breathing for up to 30 seconds and then start again without any gasp or indication that he was starving for oxygen. The last time he did this, when he started breathing again, he took three deep breaths and was then gone.

I'll be driving to Little Rock, Arkansas for the funeral Thursday.

I appreciate everyone's support during this long illness of his. It's been tough but believe me when I say that Johnny is well rid of this life. With such diminished mental capacity from the brain tumor and radiation that burned it out, he was left with virtually nothing to work with. That he went so painlessly is a real blessing.

sodascouts
06-29-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, Mike, but glad that it was peaceful and that he is no longer suffering. I'll be praying for your family.

Troubadour
06-29-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry too, Mike. My warmest thoughts are with you and your family. :hug:

Prettymaid
06-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I thought you'd been pretty quiet around here Mike. It sounds as if you had already mourned the loss of Johnny with his brain tumor and everything that went along with that, but it's still hard when they're gone. I'm so sorry for your loss.

EagleLady
06-29-2010, 06:17 PM
So Sorry for your loss Mike :hug: at least he went peacefully and god gets another angel

tequila girl
06-29-2010, 06:38 PM
So sorry for your loss Mike - my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

"My man's got it made
He's gone far beyond the pain"

ticky
06-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Awe Mike, Im so sorry to hear about Johnny, but Im glad he went so peacefully. I guess that's the best any of us can hope for. God Bless you and yours. Love to Rhonda and the fam. Take care of you!

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Awwww Mike :hug: I too am sorry to hear of Johnny's passing. He fought a good fight and I'm glad he went peacefully. But of course I'm thinking of you, his wife and his family. Even when the end is anticipated it is still shocking when it arrives. I'm sure Johnny is at peace now. Take care of yourself. :hug: You seem like a strong man, but you too are human.

Wildthyme
06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
My condolences to you and your family Mike. I am glad for Johnny sake that the end was so peaceful. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Freypower
06-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Mike, you and your family have my deepest sympathy.

MikeA
06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
All Y'all are great. Rhonda (Johnny's widow) will get through this and once it is over, not sure what she'll do. She's been a stay at home wife for the 30-something years they were married and has never worked. She isn't old enough to collect Johnny's disability and other Social Security benefits so she'll be looking for a job. I'm hoping that she finds something she can enjoy doing.

Verna and I were supposed to be in Vegas this week. I think Johnny would have liked to be toasted over a Blackjack Table. He really liked playing Video Poker back when he was able to travel. We'll lift one to him the next time we go out.

I sincerely thank all of you for the heartfelt condolences, but like one of you said, I was pretty much through the mourning stages and was happy that he did go on without the pain and suffering that others I've known who died from cancer had to endure. Still, he's the only brother of blood that I have. That does make it tough. He is a loss to me for sure.

Wildthyme
06-29-2010, 10:29 PM
I met with the doctor today and they are scheduling me for surgery on July 20th. I am not exactly thrilled but I need to do this. What I am hoping for now is that they find nothing and its over and done with. Otherwise I have to go north to a special surgeon and have more extensive surgery. I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Koala
06-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about Johnny, my condolences to you and your family. :hug:

Prettymaid
06-30-2010, 08:06 AM
WT, all good thoughts are with you right now as you go through this. I hope they find nothing.

MikeA
06-30-2010, 08:18 AM
All the good stuff your way Cami!

TimothyBFan
06-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Mike--what else can I say but I am also very sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with all of you!! Long distance hugs coming your way from Indiana.

Cami---Also will be thinking of you while you deal with your ordeal! Positive vibes that all will turn out fine and they will find nothing. Keep us updated.

Brooke
06-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Mike, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your brother, but it's good that he is no longer suffering. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Wt, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too as you go through this stressful time.

Koala
06-30-2010, 09:44 AM
WT, good thoughts to you, my fingers crossed!

tbs fanatic
06-30-2010, 11:18 AM
So sorry to hear of your recent loss Mike. My condolences to you and your family.

sodascouts
06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Cami, you're in my prayers too!

Troubadour
06-30-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm thinking of you, Cami! :hug:

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well Cami! I hope everything goes OK on the 20th. Try not to stress! :hug:

Eve
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I was shopping for bathing suits today at Macy's and was distracted by the winter coats!

ticky
07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Cami and I are headed to the cabin for a whole week! YAY! Im going up today with my parents, Cliff, Jenni and Sarah are staying home till Monday. Cliff has a marathon to run Sunday and this way my brother and his family can come up for the weekend! So we be jammin' having a "Rib-off" (my brother claims he makes better BBQ ribs then me. HA!) and wigglin our toes in the river for a few days. So, we'll be incommunicado for a few (I can text if I hang out the upstairs window, other wise..nada)

JOE... IF YOU'RE READING THIS- MEET ME AT THE CABIN! *G* (just in case..)

see ya all next week :wave:

Prettymaid
07-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Ticky, you have a great time at the cabin with WT and your family! Sorry, but Joe won't be able to make it. I'm on vacation all next wek and he and I will be "jammin" on the back deck!

Eve, how dare those winter coats put a downer on your swimsuit shopping. ;-) Summer's going by way too fast! Nothing like a long vacation to slow things down! Because like Joe says...(see below)

v
v
v
v
v
v

Koala
07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
ticky & WT have a great time! :bye:

Wildthyme
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I've got the tamale pie, asian chicken salad, vindaloo, and hawaiian potato salad ready to go (we have very "international" menu for up at the cabin) and I am about out the door. Looking forward to some time up at the river with Rhonda and the family. I am making a quick trip to the coast on the 4th for a BBQ and fireworks with some other friends but other than that it is five days of peace, quiet, relaxation and toe danglin'. See ya'll next week!!

Brooke
07-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Have fun girls! :bye:

sodascouts
07-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Don't get into too much trouble now!

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Have a wonderful time Cami and Ticky!

Molly
07-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi Everyone.

Thinking of everyone going thru "stuff" right now. Especially Cami -I wish you all the best while you deal with your medical issues. Try not to worry too much. A million positive vibes.

Mike, I'm so so sorry to read about your brother. My heart goes out to your family at this time. I know how difficult this is.

I've had my own "stuff" the last few weeks. Found out last week that my sister's cancer has returned. It looks like it's spreading (to lung and lymph nodes). She's pretty much thrown in the towel this time and at least right now is choosing not to resume her chemo/radiation therapies. She's amazed us before, so I guess we'll see what happens this time and try to stay positive.

I had some medical "stuff" to deal with myself. But, after tests, ultrasounds and biopsies-all seems to be OK. So, hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.

On a positive note -tomorrow (the 4th of July), my hubby, Ditka turns 50 years old! He doesn't want a fuss, but I have a few things up my sleeve anyway. Can't just let a birthday this big just pass by unnoticed!

sodascouts
07-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi! I've been missing you, Molly, and I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. She's in my prayers. I'm glad to hear you've checked out. And happy 50th 4th of July to Ditka! ;)

Prettymaid
07-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Molly, I've missed you too. Please keep us posted as to how you're doing, okay? Hope Ditka doesn't grumble too much about his birthday celebration!

MikeA
07-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Might should have posted this in the "Independence Day" thread...and I you feel so Madame Moderator, feel free to move it.

I may have mentioned that in Butler County where I live in Kansas, the laws permit the sale of virtually any fireworks you might have the money and inclination to buy...from sparklers and snakes, to mortar launched sub-atomic bombs! The county next to us is Segwick County where only the most boring fireworks are permitted and certainly nothing arial.

So, For the first week of July, Segwick County makes a mass exodus to the fireworks stands that form the Tent Cities right on the County line! This is on a 4-lane highway with cars pulling out from side roads that are not protected by traffic lights.

Well, today, I had gone into Guitar Center to select a Telecaster. With that chore out of the way, I was on my way home when I encountered traffic that was at a dead standstill a mile away from the county line. After a short eternity, I came within sight of the first Fireworks Tent and saw one lane completely blocked off with red and blue lights flashing everywhere. Yep, a wreck...rear ender of which by the time I got there was of only one car (other pulled away I guess). The front end was crushed up under the dashboard!

But that didn't end it. Not a quarter mile further up the road at the next Fireworks stand, there was another rear-ender! Same story. A really bad high speed crunch with the front end crumpled up under the dashboard. No Idea if anyone was hurt in either wreck, but I would find it difficult to hope that there were no injuries.

Fireworks bring in a lot of money to both the county and to the city. The retailers pay a small fortune for the rights to sell in our county, but you have to wonder if it is really worth it. They have to have insurance against fire, but there is no provision for traffic control. Since most of these stands are outside the city limits of Andover, the only traffic control is State Troopers and County Mounties and they are usually not in evidence here!

One other wreck Verna and I witnessed on our way home from Arkansas yesterday (July 2). We were around 60 miles south of Wichita on I-35 when we saw a southbound Semi Tractor Trailer rig turned over on its side. Looked really bad but we couldn't see much because of the concrete divider seperating the north and southbound traffic.

We saw that wreck featured on the local news after we got home. Nothing much about the driver other than he lost control and overturned...he wasn't hurt. But the load he was carrying...Freakin' HOTDOGS! The reporters had video of wieners covering the road for a quarter mile <LOL>. That ought to really bring out the armadillos, skunks and opossums!

HAPPY 4th Everone!

Koala
07-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Molly, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Glad to hear that it seems everything is ok with you! Congrats to your husband!

TimothyBFan
07-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Molly-so sorry to hear about your sister. Cancer is never an easy thing to deal with. Your whole family and your sister are in my thoughts!

Lost a friend over the weekend to a car accident. My friend Sherry was hit head on and ejected from her car Saturday night. She was alive and put on life support but taken off Sunday and died. She was only 38 years old with a 4 year old daughter, a 19 year old son and a 15 year old son and a grand child on the way. She was a wonderful person and an exceptional mother. She will be greatly missed by so many.

MikeA
07-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Molly,

Having just gone through a 7 year battle against cancer and the effects of the chemo and radiation with my brother, I really feel for you, your Sister and all those impacted by the illness your Sister suffers. It is just a horrible disease and over the years, I've come to terms with the decisions that those I've known who have had to go through it have made. Some as you put it "Toss in the towel" after a few rounds against it. I now wish my brother had done that before he went through the second onslaught of the tumor in his brain. His life would have been shortened by a couple of years possibly, but honestly, after that second round of treatments, there wasn't much of Johnny left to enjoy life.

It is just a heart wrenching time. May You and Your's pull the strength to deal with it from whatever source you are so inclined to seek it from.

Koala
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Willie, Im so sorry to hear about your friend! :hug:

I am very busy at the moment, one of the schools in those I work moves in another part of town!
And now I must all clear up and pack everything into boxes till Friday, completely alone! And I must still oversee the kids!

sodascouts
07-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Willie, how awful!! My condolences to the family.

Brooke
07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Molly, so sorry to hear about your sister.

Willie, I'm also sorry to hear about your friend. A terrible shock.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Prettymaid
07-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Willie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's death.

eaglesvet
07-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I too am so sorry to hear your sad news, Willie and Molly. Stay strong, and you have my thoughts and prayers.

MikeA
07-06-2010, 11:25 AM
That is really sad Willie. Condolences to you and the family of your friend.

EagleLady
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
So sorry to hear that Willie

Peekaboo
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Mike, I know i'm late on this but i'd still like to express my condolences for the loss of your brother. I'm so very sorry. It eases my heart to know that he's in a good place and is not longer suffering from cancer. My best to you and your family.

Cami, I've been praying for you and I have faith that everything will work out just fine with this surgery. I'm sure you are in very good hands with your doctors. Keep your head up and stay positive.

Molly, I'm glad that you're health is doing good. I'll be praying for your sister. Seems like everybody is having to deal with cancer in their life right now.

Willie, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. That's so tragic. I hope and pray for the best for her loved ones. And i'm praying for you too, Willie.

Troubadour
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh Willie, I am so sorry about your friend. Heartbreaking. :( My thoughts are with her family, and with you.

Molly, I'm thinking of you and your sister also.

Glennsallnighter
07-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh Willie! I too am so sorry to hear of your friends loss and its suddenness. You must be feeling completely drained. Take it easy and let those who are close to you spoil you.

Molly, I'm delighted to hear that you have the all clear but I really feel for your sister. Cancer is such an awful illness to counteract. :hug:. I hope that Ditka had a lovely celebration for his birthday.

Mike, what a story!! Its the same here in the Republic of Ireland. No fireworks can be sold or supplied, so there are quite a few firework warehouses just over the Border in Northern Ireland which many of us frequent for hallowe'en. BTW I'd say it was a TERRIBLE chore for you having to select that telecaster!! :wink:

Koala, I hope your move goes well. We are on holidays now but I ma marking scripts for the State examinations, which is about 3 weeks of 'Busy Being Fabulous'. Still the cash it raises will pay for our holiday later this month!

(Have I left anybody out? :wink: If so sorry!)

sodascouts
07-07-2010, 12:18 AM
So for the past couple of days I've been attempting to pack for my move, and it's taking a heck of a lot longer than I thought it would. How in the world can a two room apartment hold so much crap?

I decided to give away my 17-year-old microwave, 17-year-old toaster, 12-year-old couch, and both the 15-year-old TV and the 30-year-old TV (I got the latter from my aunt in 1985, but she'd bought it in 1980). What can I say, I like to hold on to things - if it still works, why get rid of it? - and I never said no to generous relatives looking to unload their old stuff.

Now, however, it's time for a change! I'm determined to have nice, matching furniture as opposed to a hodge-podge of hand-me-downs (the green striped couch next to Granddad's old brown floral overstuffed armchair, for instance). Time to start living like an adult! But I'm keeping that chair, no matter how unsightly it is. It's so old it's a freaking heirloom! 70+ years old and still pretty darn comfortable. Yep, it stays.

Molly
07-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks to all for the good wishes.

Willie, what a horrible tragedy! Those unexpected deaths are so hard to deal with-especially when a young family is left behind. Peace and strength to all who loved your friend.

Mike, I totally get what you are saying. My sister's quality of life has been crummy since her 1st and 2nd rounds of treatments. Her type of cancer is seldom "cured" -she knew that going in. She's been fighting a good fight. I don't blame her for taking a wait and see attitude now especially while she has the ability to make that decision on her own. Her prognosis has been altered so many times over the past few years-who knows! Like I said, she may surprise us!

Nancy-matching furniture is boring-sounds like your apartment was full of personality! Good luck with the purging and the packing.

TimothyBFan
07-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks you guys, just send some good vibes toward her wonderful kids. The boys are holding strong and poor little Emma just has no idea what's going on at this point I think.

I know you are not suppose to question these things and realize that "everything happens for a reason" but frankly I don't get it! I've been thinking a lot the last few days and trying to get a handle on why some people with so much to live for and to offer are taken so early while others that are not good people and offer nothing to society or have done horrible things, are left on this Earth far longer. It sure makes you question your own morality & mortality when things like this happen.

Now Soda--I say keep that sofa forever!!! If it's lasted 70+ years, it deserves to stick around another century or so. :thumbsup:

Brooke
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Nancy, good luck with the packing and on getting new stuff! I say you deserve it after all your hard work! And moving is hard work!

Prettymaid
07-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Time to start living like an adult!

Just because your furniture matches doesn't necessarily make you an adult! Lol! But I know what you're saying. Just make this your new mantra - A place for everything and everything in its place!

eaglesvet
07-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Soda, we still have furniture from our respective single days, and we've been married 18 yrs. Of course, most of the furniture, we purchased since we've been married...but I'm the same way...if it's still functional, why get rid of it? Good luck with your move!

BTW, whenever I see the TV ad for the new drama that will preview this fall, "Memphis," I think of you! (Oops, wrong thread, I guess!)

Koala
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks GA!

Soda, good luck and a bit fun with the packing! I like old furniture, ok, most of my stuff is relatively new but I have an old cupboard and table, I love both very much!

Prettymaid
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I know you are not suppose to question these things and realize that "everything happens for a reason" but frankly I don't get it! I've been thinking a lot the last few days and trying to get a handle on why some people with so much to live for and to offer are taken so early while others that are not good people and offer nothing to society or have done horrible things, are left on this Earth far longer. It sure makes you question your own morality when things like this happen.

Willie, this is a very deep subject, but I always look at death as a good thing. I mean, I know it's devastating to loved ones left behind, but when you spin it the other way, most of us believe that what comes after death is far better than life on earth, no matter what our belief system is. When you can begin looking at death as a reward, your perspective changes and makes these questions easier to deal with. :hug:

Glennsallnighter
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
...the green striped couch next to Granddad's old brown floral overstuffed armchair, for instance). Time to start living like an adult! But I'm keeping that chair, no matter how unsightly it is. It's so old it's a freaking heirloom! 70+ years old and still pretty darn comfortable. Yep, it stays.

Could be worth something too in years to come as well Nancy! I was only thinking about you today and wondering how you were getting on with your move. Good luck with the clearing out and I hope you have a lovely home with both new things and old in Memphis.

Nobody'sBeach
07-07-2010, 06:53 PM
But I'm keeping that chair, no matter how unsightly it is. It's so old it's a freaking heirloom! 70+ years old and still pretty darn comfortable. Yep, it stays.

You may want to consider having that chair reupholstered too. For a few hundred bucks it could fall right in line with your new stuff and still be just as comfortable.

I'm an HGTV junkie. They do some wickedly amazing make overs on those programs!

Freypower
07-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Willie, this is a very deep subject, but I always look at death as a good thing. I mean, I know it's devastating to loved ones left behind, but when you spin it the other way, most of us believe that what comes after death is far better than life on earth, no matter what our belief system is. When you can begin looking at death as a reward, your perspective changes and makes these questions easier to deal with. :hug:

I don't want to open up a can of worms but if you don't believe anything comes after death, then how can death be a reward?

Wildthyme
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Willie, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I will say a prayer for the kids and her family.

And Molly, I will be keeping your sister and your family in my thoughts and prayers too.

Prettymaid
07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't want to open up a can of worms but if you don't believe anything comes after death, then how can death be a reward?

Well, I did say "most of us".

TimothyBFan
07-08-2010, 08:04 AM
I know what you mean PM but I'm one, I'm afraid, that just doesn't know what to believe and haven't for years. Always have had those questions and tend to lean one way at some times and then lean the other way at other times. Even at my age, I'm unsure of what to believe. It all just doesn't make sense. But like FP, I don't want to open a can of worms.

Good luck to Nancy today and the big move!!!! See ya in Memphis hun!

Brooke
07-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Nancy, best of luck with the move! Memphis isn't gonna know what hit 'em! :lol:

Prettymaid
07-08-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm an HGTV junkie. They do some wickedly amazing make overs on those programs!

From one HGTV fan to another! http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/10.gif :thumbsup:

Molly
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM

I'm a HGTV junkie. Hubby always threatens to block the channel.

Prettymaid
07-08-2010, 11:21 AM
For some reason that doesn't surprise me about you Molly. I remember seeing your beautiful paisley chair in a picture once, and it made me realize how much I love paisleys too. Now I have a light blue paisley comforter on my bed and I love it. Shouldn't be too much longer and I'll be ready to post a pic of the finished bedroom.

Oh, and fortunately for me, Hubby enjoys HGTV almost as much as I do!

MikeA
07-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that there are therapeutic groups set up to help people with seemingly hopeless addictions to HGTV and the Food Network....and even more radical groups to help save those addicted to Reality TV regardless of the network on which it is featured.

I really want to extend my heartfelt sympathy for those overcome by such afflictions and pray that therapy might be beneficial.

EagleLady
07-08-2010, 12:12 PM
:hilarious: Very funny Mike. Actually I'm only addicted to watching Alton Brown on Food Network.

Nobody'sBeach
07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that there are therapeutic groups set up to help people with seemingly hopeless addictions to HGTV and the Food Network....and even more radical groups to help save those addicted to Reality TV regardless of the network on which it is featured.

I really want to extend my heartfelt sympathy for those overcome by such afflictions and pray that therapy might be beneficial.

Sign me up, Mike...before I head for the Big Brother house!

Nobody'sBeach
07-08-2010, 02:25 PM

Back at 'ya JW fan!

Molly, if you get blocked, we'll have to hook up some online feed so you can still watch...

MikeA
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
It seems likely that Verna and I may be rescheduling our lost vacation from last week to take a trip out to Sin City on Verna's birthday. There is a Carlos Santana show scheduled for that week and the last time we tried to see Santana, Verna was too sick to enjoy it. We went, but she was miserable.

She tried to get me to rent a "dream car" for a day. It was tempting. $350 for 24 hours and my choice would have been a Shelby Cobra. Not the real thing of course. A kit car. With a 352cid/250hp engine...but it was a manual tranny. That would have been cool to drive around the Valley in. But it would have been nerve racking. Can you imagine parking that in some casino parking lot? I'd be afraid someone would breath on it or something! Probably had a governor or speed restrictor on it anyway (bbah humbug!)

Troubadour
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM
I hope the trip works out, Mike, and that Verna will be on top form to enjoy Santana this time!

I've had a lazy, but enjoyable, day. I worked 7am till 9.30pm yesterday, so I've been fairly tired. My Dad would have been 55 today, so I've been doing a lot of thinking about him. It's hard to believe it's been 11 years since he died. I am okay, though. It's nice to remember the good stuff.

My Grandma goes in for her hip replacement on Tuesday. Hoping everything goes well and that she gets a new lease of life out of this operation. She's been in a lot of pain in recent months.

Molly
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Back at 'ya JW fan!

Molly, if you get blocked, we'll have to hook up some online feed so you can still watch...

Thanks for the offer! But, I don't think hubby would ever dare. The amount of complaining he'd be subjected to is far greater than any chores added to his honey do list because of the channel.

Thanks for the compliment, Cathy. I've always loved to decorate. Can't wait to see the finished bedroom project you're working on. Seems like you and I have similar decorating styles.

EagleLady
07-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Damn dog taking precious CSI Time away

Glennsallnighter
07-09-2010, 03:02 AM
I hope the trip works out, Mike, and that Verna will be on top form to enjoy Santana this time!

I've had a lazy, but enjoyable, day. I worked 7am till 9.30pm yesterday, so I've been fairly tired. My Dad would have been 55 today, so I've been doing a lot of thinking about him. It's hard to believe it's been 11 years since he died. I am okay, though. It's nice to remember the good stuff.

My Grandma goes in for her hip replacement on Tuesday. Hoping everything goes well and that she gets a new lease of life out of this operation. She's been in a lot of pain in recent months.

Well best of luck to your Grandma Lou. Sending loads of positive vibes her way. My dad had the same op done in March and from a man who was in such extreme pain and took 10 minutes to stand up out of a chair beforehand he is now a sprightly 84 year old with rarely a twinge! Your grandma will need to take care the first couple of months afterwards but she should definitely have a much better quality of life afterwards, and to be pain free is a blessing.

I'm sure your Dad would be very proud of you Lou if he were still around today. You have achieved so much and are a lovely, kind and friendly person to know. Its great that you have the good times to hang on to.

TimothyBFan
07-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Hope everything works out for Grandma Lou. Keep us posted.

Mike--here's hoping your trip happens this time!! And I say go for the Shelby!:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Just after I posted that last post my mum phoned me to tell me that my Uncle (whom I had mentioned was ill a few weeks ago) died peacefully early this morning. She had texted me late last night that he had difficulty breathing. RIP. At least he is not suffering any longer and I'd like to believe he is in a better place. (If I'm not opening a can of worms that is!)

MikeA
07-09-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss GAL.

Brooke
07-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry, Ga. Thoughts and prayers for you and family going out your way.

And good luck to your Grandma, Lou. I'm wishing her a speedy recovery.

Koala
07-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, you and family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Lou, hope everything goes well for your grandma!

Troubadour
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll keep you updated!

Once again, I'm so sorry for your loss, Lisa. Big hugs to you and your family.

Molly
07-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Peekaboo
07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Hope all is going well with the moving, Nancy.

Mike, Good Luck on this next Vegas trip. Seeing a Santana concert would be very cool.

Molly, still praying for your sister.

Lou, all my best to your Grandma on her surgery. I'm sure everything is gonna work out just fine.

GA, I'm so very sorry about your uncle. Good to know that he went peacefully. Hugs, prayers, and good thoughts to you and your family.

I had a really nice visit with my family on my days off this past week. It was a last minute decision to drive back to my hometown and i'm really glad I went. I've been a bit stressed lately and it was great spending some time with a lot of my family there. I had a really nice moment with my dad. We went for a walk the other day and we talked about a lot of stuff. I've been dealing with some tough decisions lately and he helped me to work some stuff out. He said some things that are still stuck in my head and I don't think I'll ever forget it. He told me that I'll always be his baby girl but he realizes that I am grown up and on my own. He said whatever decisions I make and whatever I decide to do about these situations that have been on my mind lately he will always be there for me. He'll always support whatever I decide to do. I teared up when he told me that. He's such a wonderful dad.

I will let you all know what's been on my mind lately but i'm still needing some to think things over. I'm trying my best not to stress over it (although I've been stressing enough the past few weeks) but it is something that's kind of a big deal. It's not a bad thing but something that I have to make a very important decision and it's just gonna take some time to think about.

Stars
07-11-2010, 10:53 AM
GA, my condolences on the passing of your uncle-my prayers are with you and your family.
Lou, thinking of your grandmother as she goes through surgery, and wishing her a speedy recovery.

Wildthyme
07-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Lou - Positive thoughts and vibes for your grandmother for a successful surgery and a swift recovery.

Lisa - my condolences and prayers to you and your family on the loss of your uncle.

Jess - your dad sounds like a great guy and its so important to have someone like that behind you when you are facing tough choices. Hope whatever is stressing you is resolved soon!

Glennsallnighter
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Mike, Jess, Cami, Lou, Molly, Carla, Brooke, Koala and others that have sent me pm's thank you all so much for your condolences. I really appreciate each and every one of you. :hug:

Jess, I hope you come to the right decision whatever that is. You are lucky to have such a great relationship with your Dad. The voice of experience is usually a very good one.

AzEaglesFan
07-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Jess, are you going to share the pictures that you took with Smokey??

Koala
07-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Jess, I hope you make the right decision, whatever that is!

TimothyBFan
07-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Jess-whatever it is, it sounds as if you are taking your time in making those decisions. That's always a good thing. Good luck hun!!!

Prettymaid
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I've got a lot to catch up on here.

First, Soda, keeping you in my thoughts as you adjust to your new home.

WT, still thinking of you and your surgery on the 20th. Hoping you get a clean bill of health.

Molly, I'm sorry to hear about your sister and hope that she makes the best decisions for herself.

Troub, thinking of you and your grandma as she undergoes her hip replacement surgery tomorrow. I hope this is just what the doctor ordered for her!

GA, I'm terribly sorry about the loss of your uncle.

Peek, good luck with what you are dealing with. Sounds like you're thinking it through and will make the best decision for you.

Okay, the bedroom is finally done! In true HGTV fashion, here is a before picture. This was taken last winter.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Bedroom%20Makeover%202010/Home002-1.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Bedroom%20Makeover%202010/BedroomMakeover2010009-1.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Bedroom%20Makeover%202010/BedroomMakeover2010007-1.jpg

Here's my chest in all it's glory lol! The chair was also an internet find.
The room is relatively small, 16x13.
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Bedroom%20Makeover%202010/BedroomMakeover2010002-1.jpg

I wanted some artwork that was personal, so I hit the backyard with my camera, printed two of the best in grayscale and framed them.
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Bedroom%20Makeover%202010/BedroomMakeover2010011-1.jpg

The furniture looks black in the photos, but it's actually expresso brown. Had to have the TV tuned to HGTV and the computer on The Border for the picture! Have to do something about those unsightly cords though!
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Bedroom%20Makeover%202010/BedroomMakeover2010005-1.jpg

sodascouts
07-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Looks like I won't have internet service at the apartment until Friday, which means I'll still only be able to drop by when I get a chance using the hotel wireless of my parents, who are helping me move.

I too want to express my wishes that Lou's grandmother have a successful surgery and my condolences to GA. I have lost both of my uncles and it is indeed hard, but at least we have our memories and I personally believe very strongly that there is an afterlife and a "better place." You are your families are both in my prayers.

Peek, big decisions like that are hard to make, but I bet that whichever path you choose, you'll make it work.

PM, thanks for those photos. Dang! I wish I could consult you about decorating my place - it looks great!

TimothyBFan
07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
PM---NICE JOB!!!! Very inspiring. I've been wanting to do something with our bedroom also because it tends to be the catch all downstairs. But I'm trying to put it off because hopefully we will be moving upstairs within a couple years (when boy child moves on) and the existing room will become the tv room once again.

Soda--been meaning to ask you-- how's Milton handling all of this? Poor baby is probably very confused at this point.

Wildthyme
07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Love the redecorated room PM! Your new chest looks great with the rest of the furniture. I'd love to do some redecorating in my house but money is such an issue right now. If I manage to get a job before the back seat of my car becomes my bedroom I am going to at least "treat" myself to a new bedspread or comforter because mine is looking a little dated.

Prettymaid
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Looks like I won't have internet service at the apartment until Friday, which means I'll still only be able to drop by when I get a chance using the hotel wireless of my parents, who are helping me move.

I see you didn't waste any time changing your location below your avatar. :weep:I liked it better when you were a Midwest gal like me!

(It's okay Cathy - change is good - deep breaths, deep breaths)

tequila girl
07-12-2010, 03:09 PM
PM Love your bedroom - it looks so calming and restful :thumbsup:

EagleLady
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
You have a very nice chest Cathy :hilarious:

ticky
07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Lisa - :hug: Im so sorry about your Uncle. God bless. We love you!

Lou - Love and strength to Grandma. I hope she comes out of the surgery stronger and pain-free!

Jess - Whatever's going on, we're here and we love you. (and I reeealy wanna see the pic with you guys and Smokey!! *G*)

Cathy - Wow! the room is gorgeous! Someday, when I sell my kids or they eventually grown up, I'd LOVE to redecorate. Right now, for me, that's an exercise in futility, kind of like trying to keep my house clean.

Okay, so I've been gone a while. Went to the cabin for a week and reeealy didnt want to come back. The weather was fantastic!! Great for toe dangling, but we didnt do much of that. The rainy season has left the river really high so mostly we spent time at the cabin watching the osprey and eagles and gold finches *G* Also zipping the trails on the ATV or riding the mower. But it was great to spend some time up there with my brother and we did play the guitar together a few times.
My garden is finally starting to grow, altho Im not sure how productive it'll be. There are a lot of flowers on the tomato plants, but nothing setting on as of yet. The squash seeds didnt even germinate. I think they may have gotten cooked in that heat we had last week. I placed an add on Craiglist asking to trade fresh eggs for fresh produce and I found a woman here in my neighborhood who has almost everything I want, but of course, nothing is ready yet.
Willie, Eva and Everyone involved in The Long Story - I started writing a few days ago, but tweaked my wrist pretty fierce and have some nasty tendinitis so it'll be a little longer till I get it up and running, just know it's on it's way! (typing is a challenge this way LOL)