PDA

View Full Version : Personal Randy questions

bttncrt
06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi there! Can anyone help me out with these personal Randy questions? (Please bear with me if this information is already common knowledge!)

Aside from music, does Randy have any other artistic pursuits, such as painting, sculpting, or writing fiction or poetry?

Is Randy involved with any organizations such as Farm Aid, Amnesty International, Greenpeace, ASPCA (I understand he has a soft spot for animals), etc.?

How many times has Randy been married (if at all)? Does he have any children or grandchildren? Do any of his family members share his musical talent?

Has Randy indicated any interest in penning his memoirs?

Thanks for any help!

whitcap
06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the board bttncrt

Hi there! Can anyone help me out with these personal Randy questions? (Please bear with me if this information is already common knowledge!)

Aside from music, does Randy have any other artistic pursuits, such as painting, sculpting, or writing fiction or poetry?

I read somewhere that he painted but I'm not 100% sure.

Is Randy involved with any organizations such as Farm Aid, Amnesty International, Greenpeace, ASPCA (I understand he has a soft spot for animals), etc.?

Not that I know of.

How many times has Randy been married (if at all)? Does he have any children or grandchildren? Do any of his family members share his musical talent?

He's been married twice. He's got three kids (all from his first marriage), four grandkids, and two great-grandkids.

Has Randy indicated any interest in penning his memoirs?

Not that I know of.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the Border, bttcrt. Glad you found us.

Thank you whitcap for being our resident Randy expert and answering those questions.

bttcrt, I don't know if you are aware of it, but we have a fansite dedicated to Randy that has quite a lot of info including a bio, discography, etc. There's not much personal info on there because Randy seems to be a very private person. Still though, if I may put in a plug, the website is very informative and interesting. If you want to check it out, go to randymeisneronline.com (http://www.randymeisneronline.com/).

sodascouts
06-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Welcome from me too, bttncrt! Looks like whitcap has you covered, but I will add that Randy played Farm Aid as a member of Poco in 1990.

bttncrt
06-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi again, thank all of you for your helpful comments! You are quite welcoming to a newcomer. I also went to the Randy site and enjoyed it very much. Now I wish there existed a really excellent, in-depth, complex book that detailed the Eagles' creative interplay, writing processes, and instrumental progression. In addition, it would be great to learn more about these men as individuals: how their upbringings, family members, lovers, wives, children, friends, colleagues, and business associates affected their personalities, creativity, and drive, and how these men regard in hindsight the earlier part of their careers and lives. No, not the usual sensational drugs/sex/money tales, but a rich, long, well-written, comprehensive biography (one that, I might add, does not give short shrift to Randy and Bernie).

Many thanks again to all of you! Bye now.

CBC
10-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Now time for a new-comer again ~
I've downloaded and enjoyed "Take It Easy (California Jam 1974)" here
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/multimedialivevideo.htm (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/multimedialivevideo.htm), and wonder who the lovely baby on stage is:nahnah: . One of Randy's twins?

I don't know whether it is right to ask this though. Just leave me if not ~