PDA

View Full Version : Toronto 6/8/2010

Koala
06-09-2010, 01:11 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/columnists/jane_stevenson/2010/06/09/14316111.html

Wildthyme
06-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Wow... so they dropped everything off LROOE except How Long and basically killed the whole acoustic section. :eyebrow:

Thanks Koala :)

Freypower
06-09-2010, 03:09 AM
That is what I thought they would do. Nice of them to include How Long, though. Also interesting that TITTL was moved up.

But it is an extremely safe and conservative setlist for this leg. And that stretch between OOTN and Heartache Tonight does not make pleasant reading for Glenn fans. He should not go that long without a lead. All those Henley and Walsh SOLO songs - reading it like this it emphasises that too much. It would appear, however, that those songs are now untouchable.

On further reflection at least Glenn has thrown something to his fans (although let's face it, he did not have much left to drop). All he has dropped is NMCD. But Tim fans.... Tim at least sings EAGLES songs, although I am not personally a fan of the two which were dropped.

Tim fans have every right to wonder why they should be asked to sit through what looks like 90 minutes of the Chicks just for this, just to hear those solo songs yet again.

I am going to say it - give me Long Road Out Of Eden and Waiting In The Weeds over Dirty Laundry & Walk Away, any time. I just would not drop Eagles songs, although there are a a couple that I think could be dispensed with.

But this is all par for the course. We have seen this before and will no doubt see it again.

TimothyBFan
06-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Tim fans have every right to wonder why they should be asked to sit through what looks like 90 minutes of the Chicks just for this, just to hear those solo songs yet again.

I just would not drop Eagles songs, although there are a a couple that I think could be dispensed with.

I will go a step further and admit I'm glad I have not shelled out $$ for this setlist--especially at those prices! I wonder if they will drop more once KU hits the road with them?

You are spot on FP about the whole dropping Eagles songs. It's almost the Joe Walsh with special guest solo show! I love Joe's songs....all of them but seriously, dropping Eagles tunes and keeping all of Joe's solo songs? I just don't get it!

And what's up with Natalie's shaved head? Does anyone who knows anything about them know how long she's been sporting that look and WHY?

Prettymaid
06-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I agree. Even as a Joe fan I would be satisfied with Walk Away and In The City. Drop Funk 49 and LBG and insert Eagles songs.

luvthelighthouse
06-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Okay, after reading the review, I do not think I could sit through the chicks at all. Just reading about them annoys me.

As for the guys... as mentioned, too many solo efforts and not enough Eagles. Listen, I love BOS, LBG, DL, F49... but almost a 1/3 of the set is solo material. If I wanted solo, I'd go to a solo show. I want EAGLES and EAGLES songs. Not to mention, if they HAVE to do solo songs, why can't they throw Tim a bone and play something off Expando?

Yes, I know, we are never satisfied... but really, 6 out of 21 songs are solo. That leaves us 15 Eagles songs. It's just dissappointing I guess. I mean, I know it will be a blast for anyone who does go to these shows. How can seeing the guys be anything less than great? It's just sad we don't get more Eagles, that's all.

carol7lynn
06-09-2010, 10:04 AM
As a TimmyB fan this is what I think-:jawdrop:
This is the exact same set they did for StageCoach. I expect when KU hooks up with them they'll just start earlier but do the same set. What's left to cut?

Hate to beat a dead horse but I have no idea why they are even doing these country-fried stadium shows to begin with. Irving you should have asked me. I'd a told ya! :steviesmack:

I think I need another cup of coffee.:shrug:

Timmy-I know "your plate is full" and, all that, but one song does not make for a "Great Day."

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

timfan
06-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Well I was there last night and it was good show, not a great one. However there was a suprise opening act BEFORE the Dixie Chicks. This was JD and the Straight Shot. They were pretty good. I especially like one of their songs ( I wish I could remember the name) It was a song JD wrote for his wife after she had their baby. It was really sweet. Then the Dixie Chicks came up. Now I was waiting for one song and one song only and near the end I finally got my wish . They sang Not Ready To Make Nice; which is the one DC song I know and actually love! :)

So lots of scurrying around once the Chicks were done and FINALLY the Eagles are up! Fashion report: Glenn in the pink Shirt ( from F1) open with a white t shirt and blue jeans, Don in a light greyshirt and jeans, Joe in a black jacket the shirt with the design (that we've seen recently) and black jeans and Tim in a grey shirt and black jeans. It was amazing to hear SBR Live for the first time ever! I am disapointed (though not suprised) that they have dropped all the Long Road songs except How Long. I was also saddened to see them drop LWKUA. I guess they really are becoming a tribute to themselves.

Anyway there was nothing particularly magicial about the show last night. It seemed very rushed, very little talking between songs, Don never spoke to the audience the whole evening, Joe only spoke once (before LBG) Tim only spoke to intro Glenn and say thank you after ICTYW. Both the Plaintiff and credit card joke were gone and Glenn only told the Dan tana's story (his only story/joke of the night for him)

Glenn continues to have some vocal troubles but he sounded great on my fav Lying Eyes. Every one else sounded just fine. Henley's Desperado was amazing (other than the drunk lady in front of me screaming out during the whole thing lol) Something else Joe didn't change any of the words to LBG like he usually does....

I did get up to the side of the stage for the encores which is always fun! I truly feel this was my goodbye to the Eagles live and I am very glad I went to the show.

carol7lynn
06-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Okay, after reading the review, I do not think I could sit through the chicks at all. Just reading about them annoys me.

Amen to that one sistah! :thumbsup: Shaved head. Shee-Bop! That is soo Britney. :nahnah:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

luvthelighthouse
06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
TF, your review is so bittersweet. So happy that you were able to see them, but so sad you feel this is their farewell. While you must have had a good time, you sound a tad disappointed.

How did they sound? Great as usual? Did you get any pics?

carol7lynn
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the review TF. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

TimothyBFan
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Well Kath--very very glad you went if you believe it's the last.

But, when I see a review from a huge Eagles fan that starts out "and it was good show, not a great one", that speaks volumes to me. :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

What was the thinking on this? I really can't wait to see more reviews come in from other shows to see if anything changes and what everyone else thinks. Am I just being to critical? Is it just me? I'm very disappointed about them doing this which probably doesn't make much sense, especially since I never intended to go anyways...but still...I just can't get my mind around this whole thing.

ETA: Note to Timothy---when you get off of this ride....PLEASE DO MORE SOLO SHOWS SO WE CAN HEAR YOU SING AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE!! I love you Timothy, and I desperately want to see you perform at a level I know you're capable of. You deserve it!!!!

timfan
06-09-2010, 10:18 AM
TF, your review is so bittersweet. So happy that you were able to see them, but so sad you feel this is their farewell. While you must have had a good time, you sound a tad disappointed.

How did they sound? Great as usual? Did you get any pics?

I'm not dissapointed actually cause I went in with lower expectations (knowing that if they were shortening the show they must be struggling some) I also realised that as the first show doing this new form it was going to be a bit bumpy and it was. The only thing i am disapointed in but not really suprised is that they have dropped almost all the new material but also the HFO material.... The dropping of LWKUA did suprise me actually.

Brooke
06-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks tf! I'm sorry the show wasn't great, but that you did have a good time.

I agree with everyone else about them dropping the solo songs and doing Eagles songs. Especially with the shortened set list. I'm glad I didn't spend the big bucks for my ticket for St. Louis.

As for Natalie's hair, in one of the interviews with her and Glenn her hair was cropped very short, but not shaved. I have to agree it looked much better long.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Well Kath, I'm glad you got to go to the show, and it's great that you enjoyed yourself. Hopefully, this won't be your last show though.

However, I'm may be the lone disenter here, but I think that's an awesome set list. It is almost impossible to please everyone. On one hand we complain because they don't play just Eagles songs, and on the other hand we don't want them to become a tribute to themselves. They have to play songs that the majority of fans recognize, and they want the show to rock at the end. About the last third of that set list is seemingly 'untouchable' since it has consistently been in the set list in virtually the same order since the HFO resumption. Honestly, I think they must be doing something right since they continue to be one of the top touring acts in the world.

Now, does that mean I wouldn't like to hear other songs - of course, I would. I'd prefer to hear their entire catalog. :wink: But seriously, if I could change a few things, I would replace Walk Away with Already Gone. And as much as I love Peaceful Easy Feeling, Lyin' Eyes, and Witchy Woman, I would gladly alternate them occasionally with Tequila Sunrise, New Kid In Town, and Wasted Time.

timfan
06-09-2010, 10:43 AM
ETA: Note to Timothy---when you get off of this ride....PLEASE DO MORE SOLO SHOWS SO WE CAN HEAR YOU SING AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE!! I love you Timothy, and I desperately want to see you perform at a level I know you're capable of. You deserve it!!!!

I'm with yah sista!

And I do truly believe that Timothy will tour more and THAT'S what I will be putting my moulah towards!

carol7lynn
06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
If Henley is scheduling solo dates in Sept. then hopefully Timmy will too. I'm keeping my ear to the ground and wishfully keeping my fingers, eyes, and even toes crossed.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

timfan
06-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Btw for future shows attendees; The Eagles took the stage at 8:45 and played for 2 hours straight, no break. The opening acts played for 1 hour each.

Troubadour
06-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the review, Kath. I'm sorry to hear that Glenn appeared to be having vocal issues. Maybe I was just completely caught up in the whole San Jose experience when I saw them, but I didn't get the idea that Glenn was struggling at all (although I know the critics have been commenting on his voice for months.) I'm pleased you were able to go in the end, although it's a shame you didn't get to hear the acoustic set.

Having said the above, I am inclined to agree with Dreamer's comments about the set list. I understand the various complaints and questions that have been raised in here and in other threads but, as Kay said, it's impossible to please everyone. Although I would much rather see a 'pure Eagles' show, I can imagine that this was a great chance to see two bands for people who aren't hardcore Eagles fans. I imagine that many who attended would have been thrilled with the set list - for the Eagles to play two hours straight (after the audience had already had two hours of music) is great. Most concerts only last a couple of hours anyway.

I can understand why 'us hardcores' wouldn't necessarily pay to see the Eagles with another band, because we know we're going to get a shorter set list than the one we are used to... but for many people, it's a great experience. Although the idea of seeing the Dixie Chicks doesn't thrill me personally, I get a kick out of hearing that the Eagles are doing different things. People complain that they never change things up and that they come off as too serious/aloof... and then they complain when they share the stage with other, younger bands. I say good on 'em! It may not have worked out to everyone's tastes, but I still like the fact that they are trying it.

timfan
06-09-2010, 02:25 PM
In terms of Glenn's vocal issues it was not just me who noticed it. As we were leaving the arena (that took awhile 40 thousand people trying to leave all at once not fun!) I spoke to a few people around me and as we talked they mentioned that they felt Glenn had struggled vocally.

Troubadour
06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Oh, I wasn't doubting you, Kath. I very much hope it's just something temporary!

Highlander4133
06-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Really enjoyed the show. It did seem rushed but I knew it would be a shortend set list and I came to hear them play not talk. Love Walsh but could do with less of his solo songs and more Eagles. Wish they had played Long Road out of Eden. For a bunch of 60 year olds, I thought they looked and sounded good and it is an Eagles trademark to start their shows without any fanfare, lights go down, lights come up and song starts.

timfan
06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Wish they had played Long Road out of Eden.

I know Highlander! I kept waiting for them to play LROOE and waiting ...and waiting LOL :)

Freypower
06-09-2010, 07:08 PM
I am sorry that Glenn apparently 'struggled'. That is not what the review said. The review said he was in 'exceptional voice'.

Why is it that only Glenn 'struggles'? When one of the others 'struggles' nothing is ever said about it. I can assure you that back in 2004 Henley 'struggled' every night I saw them.

Freypower
06-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Well Kath, I'm glad you got to go to the show, and it's great that you enjoyed yourself. Hopefully, this won't be your last show though.

However, I'm may be the lone disenter here, but I think that's an awesome set list. It is almost impossible to please everyone. On one hand we complain because they don't play just Eagles songs, and on the other hand we don't want them to become a tribute to themselves. They have to play songs that the majority of fans recognize, and they want the show to rock at the end. About the last third of that set list is seemingly 'untouchable' since it has consistently been in the set list in virtually the same order since the HFO resumption. Honestly, I think they must be doing something right since they continue to be one of the top touring acts in the world.

Now, does that mean I wouldn't like to hear other songs - of course, I would. I'd prefer to hear their entire catalog. But seriously, if I could change a few things, I would replace Walk Away with Already Gone. And as much as I love Peaceful Easy Feeling, Lyin' Eyes, and Witchy Woman, I would gladly alternate them occasionally with Tequila Sunrise, New Kid In Town, and Wasted Time.

Dreamer, to me playing those exact same solo songs is just as much a tribute to themselves (or at least to Henley and Walsh) as it would be if they played Eagles songs. As you say yourself they have played every one of these since HFO. The only one they dropped was ASWTDID and even that was briefly revived. AND they apparently now think a solo song is so important that it has to be the second last song in the set.

I don't dispute they are 'doing something right' but I object to this wholesale dumping of the LROOE songs whenever the setlist is shorter because of this apparent need to 'please the majority'.

Freypower
06-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the review, Kath. I'm sorry to hear that Glenn appeared to be having vocal issues. Maybe I was just completely caught up in the whole San Jose experience when I saw them, but I didn't get the idea that Glenn was struggling at all (although I know the critics have been commenting on his voice for months.) I'm pleased you were able to go in the end, although it's a shame you didn't get to hear the acoustic set.

Having said the above, I am inclined to agree with Dreamer's comments about the set list. I understand the various complaints and questions that have been raised in here and in other threads but, as Kay said, it's impossible to please everyone. Although I would much rather see a 'pure Eagles' show, I can imagine that this was a great chance to see two bands for people who aren't hardcore Eagles fans. I imagine that many who attended would have been thrilled with the set list - for the Eagles to play two hours straight (after the audience had already had two hours of music) is great. Most concerts only last a couple of hours anyway.

I can understand why 'us hardcores' wouldn't necessarily pay to see the Eagles with another band, because we know we're going to get a shorter set list than the one we are used to... but for many people, it's a great experience. Although the idea of seeing the Dixie Chicks doesn't thrill me personally, I get a kick out of hearing that the Eagles are doing different things. People complain that they never change things up and that they come off as too serious/aloof... and then they complain when they share the stage with other, younger bands. I say good on 'em! It may not have worked out to everyone's tastes, but I still like the fact that they are trying it.

I don't see how having a support band means the Eagles are 'doing different things'. The Eagles themselves, as we have noticed, are just dumping the recent songs.

tbsfan
06-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Yes, I know, we are never satisfied... but really, 6 out of 21 songs are solo. That leaves us 15 Eagles songs. It's just dissappointing I guess. I mean, I know it will be a blast for anyone who does go to these shows. How can seeing the guys be anything less than great? It's just sad we don't get more Eagles, that's all.

I agree. Devoting more than a quarter of the setlist to solo songs is excessive. When I go to an Eagles show, I'm going to hear them do Eagles songs, not their greatest solo hits. If I want that, I'll go to their solo concerts. That truncated setlist along with the shows being held in stadiums are enough to keep me away from these particular shows.

Highlander4133
06-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Agree, no more stadium shows. If the boys agree to do two nights in a smaller venue, I promise to buy tickets to both nights.

06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Why is it that only Glenn 'struggles'? When one of the others 'struggles' nothing is ever said about it. I can assure you that back in 2004 Henley 'struggled' every night I saw them.

I can think of several times when people have commented about Tim and Don struggling with their voices - most recently during Don's solo shows last fall. I'm pretty sure there several comments about it, including in my own review. However, I'm not really sure what the purpose is of making such observations anyway.

I don't dispute they are 'doing something right' but I object to this wholesale dumping of the LROOE songs whenever the setlist is shorter because of this apparent need to 'please the majority'.

Well - good grief, if they aren't supposed to try to please the majority of people who come to their shows, just who are they supposed to try to please??? :headscratch:

Britt
06-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Everyone has good days and bad days....even the eagles! I still think they ROCK! If I could sing like that at their age...well I should say if only I could sing! LOL

Freypower
06-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Well - good grief, if they aren't supposed to try to please the majority of people who come to their shows, just who are they supposed to try to please??? :headscratch:

I don't know which songs the 'majority' wish to see played, but I have read Borderers' comments today. Most of us seem to feel that if shorter sets are played, then Eagles songs should take precedence over solo songs.

This is a very difficult issue. You will say that the solo songs have been left in there, untouched, for years because the 'majority' like them, but they have never been given a chance to hear anything different in that part of the show.

Koala
06-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the review TF. Sorry to hear that Glenn had troubles with his voice.
In addition it is very unfortunate that they except How Long all LROOE had cancelled!

TimothyBFan
06-10-2010, 08:03 AM
However, I'm may be the lone disenter here, but I think that's an awesome set list. It is almost impossible to please everyone. On one hand we complain because they don't play just Eagles songs, and on the other hand we don't want them to become a tribute to themselves.

Ok--I'm slow so talk slow with small words when you answer.

I keep seeing "tribute to themselves". I don't see how a band can become a tribute to themselves. There are lots of Eagles tribute bands out there that play Eagles music and are not the Eagles. To me a band playing their own music is just that, a band playing the music that they are known for, have made mega amounts of fans and money from and who people will pay to see to continue to do it.

Is "tribute to themselves" just a play on words then?

When I see the Eagles--I want to see Eagles songs. I don't mind at all seeing an Eagle play 1 or 2 solo songs (preferably equal to all-1/2Glenn, 1/2Tim, 1/2Don...you get the point).

And call me stingy- I personally don't want them to share the bill but if they do, I will be very picky about who they share it with. The whole Eagles/Fleetwood Mac thing sounded wonderful but as soon as that changed to DC & KU, they lost me! I've thought about this a bit and you know what, had they stuck with FW and were playing Soldier Field, I most likely would have shelled out that much money for those 2 groups together. Just saying.....

timfan
06-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Videos are up! (for now lol)

Desperado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei5SLCKgQr8

Hotel California

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAQLuCGsmYY

Take it Easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOzXhx1pJU8

Prettymaid
06-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Dang! :cry: Everytime I hear the audience singing along to a song I get all emotional. Why?

luvthelighthouse
06-10-2010, 10:02 AM
TBF, I think it was Don or Glenn who said they didn't want to be a tribute to themselves. Meaning, they wanted to keep making new music and not rest on their laurels. Thus, LROOE was born.

I think that is why it does not make sense that they play so many oldies and don't share enough of the new. If they don't play the new songs, how can those songs get recognized, to become future oldies. KWIM?

Also, as far as the solo material goes. If they have been playing that second part of the set list since HFO, to me, it seems time for a change. I believe with my whole heart, if those solo songs were changed out for TS, AG, NKIT, WT, TS, etc... they would be equally accepted and appreciated.

If they keep playing the same songs over and over, the songs become tired. People who see the band every time they come to their city, should be treated to a couple of different songs.

TimothyBFan
06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Love the HC video! I know what you mean Cathy.

06-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Well, all I've been trying to say is that it is impossible for the band to please everyone with their set list. Therefore, they play what they believe the majority of fans want to hear. Even if it's not what I want to hear, who am I to argue? Given their amazing success, apparently their instincts are pretty good. JMHO

Thanks for the videos, tf.

luvthelighthouse
06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Dreamer, I understand what you are saying. If it's not broken, don't fix it. I know they can't please everyone... but "to me"... it seems like they are laurel resting.

TimothyBFan
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
TBF, I think it was Don or Glenn who said they didn't want to be a tribute to themselves. Meaning, they wanted to keep making new music and not rest on their laurels. Thus, LROOE was born.
I think that is why it does not make sense that they play so many oldies and don't share enough of the new. If they don't play the new songs, how can those songs get recognized, to become future oldies. KWIM?

Yeah I get what you are saying but them dropping the LROOE songs doesn't really bother me like I know it bothers some others. I guess my biggest compaint about it all is that the solo works of Joe Walsh are so plentiful when great Eagles songs like AG, BOML & NKIT are not. I LOVE Joe--don't get me wrong but it's an EAGLES show not a Joe Walsh show and I'd feel the same way if it was all Don, Glenn or even Timothy :woah:. I know he fires up the crowd, yadda, yadda...I get that, but I get pretty damned fired up also when I hear my favorite Eagles songs.

Prettymaid
06-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm satisfied with the current set list too. Who am I to complain? I'm not even going to a show. :shrug: I thought this was all just for the sake of discussion.

So let me add JFTSOD, that even though I am elated that the Eagles put out LROOE, when I listen to it, with the exception of How Long, none of the songs impact me like the former songs do. I think for me it's about my youth and what was going on in my life at the time I heard the Eagles songs. They are a band of my past, as all of my favorites are, and the LROOE songs have not had the time it takes to become soundtracks of my life. For that reason only, I am not disappointed that they have dropped the 'new' songs from the set list.

TimothyBFan
06-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Who am I to complain? I'm not even going to a show. I thought this was all just for the sake of discussion.

Point well taken because either am I so I also should not complain, but you know I will. :roll: And you're right this is only a discussion. And, I'm trying not to beat a dead horse but....

So let me add JFTSOD, that even though I am elated that the Eagles put out LROOE, when I listen to it, with the exception of How Long, none of the songs impact me like the former songs do. I think for me it's about my youth and what was going on in my life at the time I heard the Eagles songs. They are a band of my past, as all of my favorites are, and the LROOE songs have not had the time it takes to become soundtracks of my life. For that reason only, I am not disappointed that they have dropped the 'new' songs from the set list.I can understand that completely. Most Eagles songs are the soundtrack of my life also. I can pretty much remember when most of these albums came out tho I was very young. But I get to, bittersweet tho it is, include LROOE in that soundtrack. As dramatic as it may sound, that album came out just when I needed it most. The day that album came out and I received it in the mail, it became my constant companion for those daily 45 minute one way trips to my parents home while my Dad was ill. My father died 2 weeks later. I remember that it came out when my father was so ill and died but I also can credit it as making things a bit easier on me because it gave me such great pleasure on those trips back and forth and probably kept me awake on many of the late night trips. I agree with you Cathy. I really think had it not been for that event happening in my life at that particular time, it might not have been special, for lack of a better word, to me either. Tho I do LOVE several of the songs. Besides, it came out on Timothy's birthday--BONUS!!!!

That being said, like I said earlier, the dropping of the LROOE songs really doesn't bother me that much.

tbsfan
06-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah I get what you are saying but them dropping the LROOE songs doesn't really bother me like I know it bothers some others. I guess my biggest compaint about it all is that the solo works of Joe Walsh are so plentiful when great Eagles songs like AG, BOML & NKIT are not. I LOVE Joe--don't get me wrong but it's an EAGLES show not a Joe Walsh show and I'd feel the same way if it was all Don, Glenn or even Timothy :woah:. I know he fires up the crowd, yadda, yadda...I get that, but I get pretty damned fired up also when I hear my favorite Eagles songs.

I agree. Even when I saw them for the first time in 1995, at one point during the second half of the show when they'd done several solo songs, I looked at my friend and said that I was ready for them to get back to doing Eagles songs. At this point, I'm resigned to the fact that they're always going to do a large number of solo songs though.

Freypower
06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I think people know that I absolutely love the LROOE album and so yes, it bothers me when those songs are dropped as if they don't mean anything. They mean something to me (even if, frankly, I think a couple of the weaker tracks were being played).

I basicallyl endorse LTL's post. Ironically it was Glenn who made the 'tribute to ourselves' comment - Glenn, who has no compunction about dropping his own lead vocals wholesale while leaving those solo songs alone.

sodascouts
06-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the reviews, Koala and TF!

Kath, I'm glad you had a good time and thank you for all the details as well as finding the video.

I'm thrilled to see them doing SBR still and keeping TITTL! We all knew the setlist would have to be shortened going into this, so I'm hardly outraged by the cuts, even if I do wish there were fewer solo songs.

timfan
06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Another great video; My fav Eagles song!

Lyin' Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9RB5cJoBfU

Koala
06-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the videos, TF!:)

Koala
07-20-2010, 01:00 PM
I found a good video of Life's Been Good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDedv-UA3o

Prettymaid
07-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks Koala! Look at his hair as he runs across the stage at about 3:33. And the Chuck Berry move? Freakin' adorable! :inlove:

sodascouts
07-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I know - gotta love the duckwalk!