PDA

View Full Version : East Rutherford, NJ 6-10-2010

Koala
06-11-2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2010/06/the_eagles_bring_their_classic_1.html

GALLERY (http://photos.nj.com/4504/gallery/the_eagles_perform_at_the_new_meadowlands_stadium_ june_10_2010/index.html?fromentry=4654186&fromblog=2250)

TimothyBFan
06-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Henley’s snare remains as crisp as a Granny Smith in autumn.

:hilarious: Sorry but I just thought that was funny. Poor Don--That's why you should show us that pretty smile of yours more.

Rhythm guitarist Frey is, nominally, the bandleader; paradoxically, he’s the most inessential Eagle, something underscored, and painfully, by his solo career. His casual misogyny hasn’t faded, sad to say -- he still refers to his ex-wife as “plaintiff." It is, apparently, a joke he uses all the time; other, more litigious parts of the country might find it funnier than Jersey does.
Oh oh!!! This will not sit well with a few Borderers and for good reason!

Prettymaid
06-11-2010, 08:38 AM
:hilarious: Sorry but I just thought that was funny. Poor Don--That's why you should show us that pretty smile of yours more.

I think they're talking about his drum there, but your "snare" post is pretty funny!

TimothyBFan
06-11-2010, 09:13 AM
I think they're talking about his drum there, but your "snare" post is pretty funny!

But it just cracked me up because we are always talking about him not smiling!!! I had to read it twice and couldn't resist. Admittedly, it could be taken either way. Hey-Granny Smith apples are pretty sour also! :hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Oh oh!!! This will not sit well with a few Borderers and for good reason!

And for good reason is right - because this critic is an idiot. I guess this person doesn't realize that Glenn is so unessential that the band wouldn't exist without him. But honestly, remarks like this are really not too worthy of commenting on at all.

However, this is the kind of perception that is created when Glenn decides to minimize his role to the extent that he has lately. But, let's not get me started. :wink:

carol7lynn
06-11-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm not a big Glenn fan but I must say, I'd hardly call him a "woman-hater" because he made one negative comment about his ex-wife. :brickwall: I diss my ex sometimes too-it's par for the course for ex-spouses to do that. Come on! Doesn't make me a man-hater. In fact the opposite is the case. I love men especially TimmyB (if you happen to be reading this-"Hi Baby.")

Also, who edited the piece and let the following slide by: If Glenn is the "nominal" (in name only) band leader then, why is it a "paradox" that he is "inessential?" Huh? Lastly, the sentence should read-"something painfully underscored by his solo career" or even "(painfully) underscored by his solo career."

The writer is obviously more concerned about throwing around big words than anything else which is a common mistake of writers that are out to impress their audience, as opposed to, writing about the event itself.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

tbsfan
06-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I can see where the misogyny comment comes from with some of Glenn's jokes - not just the "plaintiff" one but the wife/ex-wife credit card joke that sometimes precedes TITL. I've cringed when I heard them, mainly because I felt that he was better than those "take my wife, please" type jokes.

If the writer feels that Glenn is inessential (with which I disagree), I don't even want to know how he feels about Timothy who he didn't even include in his little breakdown.

I'm not a big Glenn fan but I must say, I'd hardly call him a "woman-hater" because he made one negative comment about his ex-wife. :bricwall: I diss my ex sometimes too-it's par for the course for ex-spouses to do that. Come on! Doesn't make me a man-hater. In fact the opposite is the case. I love men especially TimmyB (if you happen to be reading this-"Hi Baby.")

Also, who edited the piece and let the following slide by: If Glenn is the "nominal" (in name only) band leader then, why is it a "paradox" that he is "inessential?" Huh? Lastly, the sentence should read-"something painfully underscored by his solo career" or even "(painfully) underscored by his solo career."

The writer is obviously more concerned about throwing around big words than anything else which is a common mistake of writers that are out to impress their audience, as opposed to, writing about the event itself.

Carol-Lynn

Koala
06-11-2010, 12:17 PM
The Long Run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ0TgaIFbAw&feature=player_embedded

Life's Been Good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPUuZcPFpHQ

TimothyBFan
06-11-2010, 01:38 PM
I have only watched part of these so far but just had to ask.....Where did these come from? These look professionally done? What's going on? And I love the "oh oh" at the beginning of LBG. :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-11-2010, 02:18 PM
The guy was smart enough to film the screens instead of the stage. How many times have I wished desperately that people sitting far back wouldn't attempt to film the stage with the guys all teeny tiny, but aim their camera at those nice big screens right there above them.

LOVE those videos! Thanks for finding them! If only they were in sync, they'd be perfect!

Troubadour
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
I will refrain from commenting on the review and instead comment on the eminent cuteness of the Long Run video. Completely adorable! I don't want to get my hopes up, but there is no reason why that couldn't form part of a LROOE DVD, surely? To me, it even seemed like they were playing up more - putting a bit more energy and fun into it - as if they were being filmed professionally for a DVD...

Who knows! But thanks Koala for, once again, finding some awesome videos. Lovely to come home to!

sodascouts
06-11-2010, 02:33 PM
I desperately want them to do a LROOE DVD, but I'm not getting my hopes up at this point either that it's coming out anytime soon. :( Maybe some time in the future though? Please?

As for that review... what a moron. He obviously has no idea what he's talking about and for some reason hates Glenn. Maybe he read Felder's book, lol.

REVIEW = FAIL.

Brooke
06-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Sigh, we can only hope and dream for a LROOE dvd.

Great videos! Thanks K! Loved Glenn and Don's shaking knees and the Don hugging Joe part never fails to crack me up! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
06-11-2010, 04:21 PM
The guy was smart enough to film the screens instead of the stage.

DUH!!! I'm having a blond moment!!!

Freypower
06-11-2010, 09:01 PM
And for good reason is right - because this critic is an idiot. I guess this person doesn't realize that Glenn is so unessential that the band wouldn't exist without him. But honestly, remarks like this are really not too worthy of commenting on at all.

However, this is the kind of perception that is created when Glenn decides to minimize his role to the extent that he has lately. But, let's not get me started. :wink:

What you said.

Koala
06-12-2010, 01:37 AM
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2010/06/eagles_present_solid_but_unadv.html

carol7lynn
06-12-2010, 09:30 AM
The exerpt "Lines on the mirror....she was caught up in the race." is about the perils of partying :partytime: and snorting too much coke not about the perils of aging. LOL :hilarious: Henley used to do alot of both back in those "hedonistic" days sometimes with underaged teenage girls :fear:that got him in a whole lotta trouble.

Carol-Lynn

06-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Yep - whoppee ... another review from Tris McCall - this time about Henley and his backup band. <insert sarcastic smiley>

I always say that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I strongly believe that. However, I also believe very strongly that if someone wants to voice that opinion, then it is incumbent upon them to back their statements up with facts. That is where I have a problem with this critic writing these reviews without knowing the facts, and thus reaching these opinions on misinformed ignorance. Henley and Frey certainly do not claim that Henley wrote all the lyrics to these songs so I'm not sure why Tris McCall thinks this. :brickwall:

Okay - I'm stepping off my soapbox (again).

sodascouts
06-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Henley and the Eagles

That tells you all you need to know about this reviewer's attitude right there. :rolleyes:

Peekaboo
06-12-2010, 03:47 PM
:hilarious: Soda, I love that you put the quote as being by a "lame reviewer." :thumbsup: That is too true.

Freypower
06-12-2010, 07:28 PM
'Drummer and songwriter' Don Henley.

Talk about selective.

I do think however that 'lines on her face' is certainly at least in part to do with aging as well as the effects of the drugs.

By the way, neither review even mentioned Keith Urban.

Koala
06-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Hotel California http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYN02Lx_fpk

Lyin' Eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3DJV-3FkCw

carol7lynn
06-13-2010, 09:55 AM
'Drummer and songwriter' Don Henley.

I do think however that 'lines on her face' is certainly at least in part to do with aging as well as the effects of the drugs.

The reviewer said the quoted lyrics had everything to do with aging and nothing at all to do with the effects of drugs abuse (or more precisely excessive consumption) and that was my point. Sorry if I wasn't clear. The bottom line is that the journalist misinterpreted the lyrics :fear: and the whole point of the song which is nothing unusual, but highly questionable, when it is a "pro" doing the reporting.

Carol-Lynn

06-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Since "Lame Reviewer" didn't bother to even make mention of Keith Urban, I went over to his message board and ask around to get his set list for this show. Our Border member, Feed the Fire, pointed me to it, so I thought I'd post it here. Seems to me there may be some folks that would be interested, even though "Lame Reviewer" apparently wasn't one of them. Anyway, here it is ...

1.Kiss A Girl
2.Days Go By
3.Stupid Boy
4.Sweet Thing
5.I'm In
6.Til Summer Comes Around
7.Only You Can Love Me This Way
8.You Look Good In My Shirt
9.You'll Think Of Me
10.Somebody Like You

Koala
06-30-2010, 01:21 AM
http://www.theaquarian.com/2010/06/29/the-eagles-new-meadowlands-stadium/

Prettymaid
06-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Well, that guy didn't get Timothy's name wrong - he didn't even use it! :brickwall:

TimothyBFan
06-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Yup--even mention Steuart and Don Felder, but no Timothy! :brickwall:

sodascouts
06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Bizarre!