PDA

View Full Version : Party of 2 at Aspen

jdubfan
06-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Joe and Glenn are headliners for one night at the Jazz Aspen Snowmass festival over Labor Day, with a "surprise" opener. Wonder who that'll be. Skynyrd is the next night, with Wilco and others another night.
Sure would like to see this, beautiful location, great groups. :nahnah:

sodascouts
06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Oh my gosh, how cool! I've always wanted to see the POT. Finally, a show that's open to the public. Thanks for posting this!

Ive always been a dreamer
06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG!

My dream is coming true. I'm going to get to see a Party of Two show. Thanks a million jdubfan. How in the world did you hear about this???? Wonder if there will be more ????

carol7lynn
06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Surprise opener-Don Felder-LOL :hilarious: Or maybe JD & SS not that he's much of a surprise. Wonder. Jazz festival then it's anybody's guess.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

Prettymaid
06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I feel a Labor Day Border Party in Aspen coming on! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
06-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Ok! My geography of the US is reasonable but not perfect. Where would the closest international airport to Aspen be? I would love to do this but I'm back to work. I would have to fly out Friday and return Sunday. I dunno if this will be possible (if only it had been even a WEEK earlier). Then if there was any delays (like...... ash) that would be the end of it.

Grrrrrr decisions......decisions.......decisions......

MikeA
06-16-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that Denver, Co would be your destination airport GAL. You'd have to drive to Aspen, but the drive is a trip all itself though most of it would be on I-70 (Interstate).

Verna and I went there 8 or 9 years ago but we were taking nothing but backroads. I couldn't begin to tell you where we came from or went to on that trip. There is nothing anywhere that compares to the Rockies and you would be in the heart of them.

Brooke
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Wow! Cool news! I would so love to see that, but already have Cardinals tickets and a visit to the son's planned for that weekend.

06-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Soda and I were talking about this last night since it is both of our dreams to see a Party of Two show. We were wondering if this is a one time thing or if some other dates will be announced.

And you know what I was thinking - maybe the surprise opening act is <insert drum roll> ......
Timothy B. Schmit. Now, how awesome would that be! :nod: :nod: :nod:

tbs fanatic
06-16-2010, 11:23 AM
I think Aspen has a small airport :headscratch:. You may be able to connect to it from Denver Airport GAL. I only know this because we used to have a friend who flew his own plane and he had a holiday home in Aspen and would fly in. It might be worth checking out GAL if you are really considering doing this. It would save you a load of time. It's been years since I've been to Aspen but loved it when I was there.

MikeA
06-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Looks like around 180 miles from the Denver Int'l Airport to Aspen.

carol7lynn
06-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Here is festival link:
http://www.jazzaspen.org/p-Labor-Day-Festival-18.html

One show has already gone on sale. Looks like GA seating for those who plan on going. Tixs go on sale Friday. Show time is 7:15 P.M.-doors open at 2:00 PM. Tix price for the one band on sale is $59 so I'd asume POT is going to be about the same price.

I seriously doubt that Timmy would open for them but you never know. I do think though that Timmy will be doing a mini tour later this summer or early fall.

Carol-Lynn

Wildthyme
06-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow... I can't believe this. Finally. I think its time to make plans for Labor Day weekend!

Brooke
06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
And you know what I was thinking - maybe the surprise opening act is <insert drum roll> ......

VERY awesome! Fingers crossed for that! :nod:

timfan
06-16-2010, 02:02 PM

It's funny you mention that; cause I had the exact same thought as soon as I saw 'suprise opener'. Who knows, but it sure would be cool! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Well, I'm going to go, and anyone who wants to share a rental car from the airport should PM me!

Wildthyme
06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Well I can't pass this chance up... I have to be there!

06-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Excellent Cami! Unless they announce a few POT shows right here around my own backyard, it'll be great to see you again! :thumbsup:

And GA - hope you can work something out. We would love to have you visit us here in the states. And Glenn would love it, too. :wink: :nod:

jdubfan
06-16-2010, 09:46 PM
http://www.snowmasssun.com/article/20100616/FRONTPAGE/100619991/1064&ParentProfile=1039

Article from the local paper, they sure are keeping the opener a secret, who would "kinda cool" ??. This is absolutely frickin' killin' me....there is no way I can justify this trip. It's almost 4 hrs from my bro's.....GAH!!!

Somebody hide my credit card!!:fear:

Freypower
06-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Can I say FANTASTIC.

This is so long overdue it isn't funny. Now perhaps my question about which song they do when Glenn sings lead with the Sunburst will be answered. How awesome. I hope a few of you can go!

However, there is no way I believe that Tim would open a show for his own bandmates.

GlennLover
06-16-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm making plans to attend. I hope it will all come together!

sodascouts
06-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Folks who want to go - check airfare to Aspen, not just Denver.

GlennLover
06-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Folks who want to go - check airfare to Aspen, not just Denver.

Thanks, Nancy, I'll try that. Airfare to Denver doesn't look too bad. It looks like it will be doable if we can get the tickets! :pray:

Will you be trying to fly into Aspen?

sodascouts
06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Nah, for me Denver is cheaper, but I saw there were some good rates out of there to other places.

Wildthyme
06-17-2010, 01:36 AM
FYI for anyone thinking of going to Aspen and debating about whether to fly into Denver and drive to Aspen or just fly directly to Aspen... If you are someone who gets carsick or hates narrow twisty mountain roads you might want to take that into consideration. Half the drive is interstate highway but the last half is mostly two lane mountain road. Just something to think about...

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2010, 04:44 AM
My heart is telling me to pull out all the stops and just GO but my head is telling me its not the right one. The schools will have just reopened so my chances of grabbing any time off at all would be very very low. Possibly 1 day. That would give me 48 hours to do a round trip fron Dublin to London to Denver, or Dublin to NY and then whatever way on to either Denver or Aspen. ANY hitch (volcanic ash dust) delayed flights whatever would mean I'd end up missing the gig. :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

I'm going to hang onto the idea that if one POT gig is being played, there MIGHT just be another few and maybe if one made it to the East Coast, where I'd only need one flight it would be possible.

But those of you who DO go, have a wonderful time.

TimothyBFan
06-17-2010, 08:19 AM
FYI for anyone thinking of going to Aspen and debating about whether to fly into Denver and drive to Aspen or just fly directly to Aspen... If you are someone who gets carsick or hates narrow twisty mountain roads you might want to take that into consideration. Half the drive is interstate highway but the last half is mostly two lane mountain road. Just something to think about...

Along with the fact that by Labor Day they are starting to get snows there also. It can get pretty ugly early on in the Rockies. And if you have no experience at mountain driving in the snow.... Just something more to think about....

And I'm gonna agree with FP here, I just don't think Timothy will be the opening act. For one reason is because he has made it perfectly clear that this is HIS project and his only. Doing it his way with no help from the Eagles. JMO.

MikeA
06-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Cami is very correct. You'll be going through Independence Pass....High and narrow. But oh my, the views you'll experience!

sodascouts
06-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Just got off the phone with PLS - looks like she's coming, too!

Wildthyme
06-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Just got off the phone with PLS - looks like she's coming, too!

Cool. The more the merrier I say! And it will be nice to see her again too :)

Troubadour
06-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Jealous! ;) But thrilled for all of you who are able to go. What a treat!

Lisa... hang in there. This would be pretty darn risky! I know how much you want to see Glenn again, and you will get the chance. I'm sure a more viable opportunity will come up. :hug:

GlennLover
06-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah, looks like I may meet even more Borderers! The more the merrier is right, WT. Lisa, I'm sorry that you can't make it but I can see that the time frame is just too short. Would have loved to meet you. I'm sure other concerts will come up.

Molly
06-18-2010, 07:52 AM
As for the suprise opening act - here's another guess...how about a Beatle brother in law?

TimothyBFan
06-18-2010, 10:05 AM
I am so thrilled for everyone that is going to get to do this again!! I just think it's absolutely fantastic that there's been so many "Border parties" this year!! :thumbsup:

Brooke
06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
As for the suprise opening act - here's another guess...how about a Beatle brother in law?

Oooh, that would be cool!

FeedTheFire
06-18-2010, 11:10 AM
I love for TBS as the opener............:partytime::partytime:

GlennLover
06-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Well, I just purchased the concert tickets!! Here's hoping the rest of the plans fall into place!

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Me too!

GlennLover
06-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Great!

Wildthyme
06-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Yep, got my ticket for the show too!

TimothyBFan
06-18-2010, 01:39 PM
GO GIRLS!!!! WHOO HOO!!!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 03:23 PM
It looks like it's gonna be a party of at least 6. ;)

GlennLover
06-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Maybe we could stay with Glenn. Doesn't he still have a home in Snowmass? ;)

GlennLover
06-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Just booked the flights & accommodation! WOO HOO!!!! :blueblob::blueblob::blueblob:

Wildthyme
06-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Just booked the flights & accommodation! WOO HOO!!!! :blueblob::blueblob::blueblob:

Looking forward to meeting you in Aspen! (ok.. actually Snowmass... :lol:)

GlennLover
06-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Looking forward to meeting you in Aspen! (ok.. actually Snowmass... :lol:)

Same here. I'm sooo excited & a big part of that is the fact that I will be meeting fellow Borders!!!

Prettymaid
06-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Same here. I'm sooo excited & a big part of that is the fact that I will be meeting fellow Borders!!!

I know what you mean GL. Getting to see a POT show is enough of a thrill, but meeting fellow Borderers is icing on the cake! Wish I were going!

Wildthyme
06-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Wish I were going!

Wish you were too!

06-25-2010, 08:18 PM
OMG - I wish you were going too, PM. Joe needs you there!

Maybe we could stay with Glenn. Doesn't he still have a home in Snowmass? ;)

Yeah, he does GL. But, there won't be room for anyone but me!!! :lol: :lie:

GlennLover
06-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah, he does GL. But, there won't be room for anyone but me!!! :lol: :lie:

Hey, it was my idea :armed::wink:

sodascouts
06-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes, PM, I sure wish you could come too - not only would I love to hang out with you some more, but we need folks to represent for the Joe fans!

Prettymaid
06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Yes, PM, I sure wish you could come to - not only would I love to hang out with you some more, but we need folks to represent for the Joe fans!

Don't leave my Joe out in the cold! :fingerwag: Be sure to give him some love!

Wildthyme
06-25-2010, 10:34 PM
I am willing to represent for Joe. He runs a mighty close second to Glenn for me, especially after meeting him. Joe won't go unloved. :rofl:

sodascouts
06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Same here. Don't worry, Joe will get his props!

RamboIV
06-29-2010, 03:36 AM
Someone bring a videocamera!!! Gah!!

GlennLover
06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Website for the Festival says no cameras allowed :sad: :-x!!

sodascouts
06-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Eh, they all say that. They may or may not be diligent about enforcing it.

Wildthyme
06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
But this one says they will search you and any cameras will be confiscated and held until you leave the grounds. They sound a little more serious... :(

sodascouts
06-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Yikes! At least you have a good camera phone (unlike my crappy one).

Prettymaid
06-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Well somebody better get some proof of this show! Risk-taking people - it's all about risk-taking! :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Looks like some folks were able to sneak in some cameras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy5cIz7CEG0
(ps the guy is playing "Hey Joe" ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxh9blQMKSM

GlennLover
07-01-2010, 04:50 PM
They have announced the first opening act for Glenn & Joe:

Main Festival Stage
SHARON JONES & THE DAP KINGS
09/04/2010 - 3pm - doors 2pm Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings have come a long way since their humble beginnings nearly a decade ago. Steeped in the gilded and gritty sounds of gospel, soul, and funk, this nine-piece act continues to electrify fans, disc jockeys, critics, record collectors, and bloggers the world over with their heart-felt sound. Their albums recall an analog era led by iconic studios like those at Motown and Stax Records and have thrust the Augusta, GA native and crew into the multimedia limelight.

07-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Well - I booked my airline reservations for Denver this morning. Both my arrival and departure flight times are within an hour of Soda's so that should work out well. I can't wait - this is going to be an awesome trip and show! :nod: :nod: :nod:

GlennLover
07-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Yay, Dreamer:yay:! I can't wait!! When do you & Soda get there?

07-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Ann - my flight arrives in Denver on Friday, 9/3 around 9:40 a.m. and I believe Soda arrives about an hour before that. I just purchased my ticket to the show, so now it's all about the long wait. :wink:

GlennLover
07-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Unfortunately we don't arrive until later in the evening, We tried to go a day earlier but couldn't get decent priced airfare on that day. I had hoped to get there earlier to meet up with the Borderers who were going to be there & to get the lay of the land & info on the concert (location, transportation, etc).

The wait will seem long indeed!

Wildthyme
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
My tendency to procrastinate paid off for once. I have been meaning to buy my plane ticket to Denver for a couple of weeks but kept putting it off. I had decided to make the 5 hour drive south to Sacramento and fly from there instead of my local airport because it would save me well over $200 ($458 out of Medford vs $220 out of Sacramento). But when I checked flights out of Medford again today just for the heck of it there was a $205 round trip on Delta available so I pounced on it! I won't get into Denver until 11:19 am but thats not too much later than Soda and Dreamer so it all worked out for the best. :yay:

By the way, I also noticed when I looked at the Jazz Aspen Snowmass website that the Courtyard Hounds have been added to the line up. The Dixie Chicks and the Eagles (or parts of both groups anyway) pair up again....

Troubadour
07-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Fabulous, Cami! I know you girls are going to have an amazing time!

GlennLover
07-08-2010, 07:07 PM
It's looking very much like my Aspen trip will not be happening :sad:. I had a feeling that it was too good to be true :weep:. At least we bought cancellation insurance.

Glennhoney
07-08-2010, 07:09 PM
..OMG...WHY isn't it going to happen?:-(...I've been SO jealous?...hope everything is alright.....

Wildthyme
07-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Awe GL.... I sure hope that it turns out that you can be there...

EagleLady
07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Aww Ann I'm sorry :hug: Hopefully someday you will get to see them

GlennLover
07-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Unfortunately, not being able to go to the concert is not the worst thing that is going on in my life right now :weep:-and it takes a lot for something to be worse than not going to see Glenn & Joe! Family conflict can be so unpleasant :-(:-( :-x.

MikeA
07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Good Grief Ann. I KNOW how that "family conflict" thing goes! But in the end, I guess Family Responsibility outweighs even Music....well, most of the time it does! Condolences! Seriously!

07-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Oh wow Ann! I am so sorry to hear about this. What a shame that you won't be able to go, but I hope you get your family matters ironed out. Hang in there!

TimothyBFan
07-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Ann :grouphug: Good luck!!!

Molly
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Awww, Ann-I'm so sorry! Hang in there.

GlennLover
07-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Good news! I was able to get things ironed out so the trip is back on :yay::yay::partytime:. Thank you everyone for your concern!

Aspen here I come!!

Freypower
07-10-2010, 07:45 PM
You GO, Ann. Have a blast!! :smitten:

Koala
07-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Great to hear, that you can go nevertheless still to the concert now!:)

07-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Wow Ann - glad you got things straightened out and the trip is back on. See you there!

GlennLover
07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks gals. I was soo disappointed & I had another disapointment (a major,major one) earlier in the day so I was quite devastated!! Their is nothing that can change the latter disappointment, so having the trip put back on did a lot to ease the pain.

TimothyBFan
07-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Geesh Ann--talk about an emotional rollercoaster huh? Very glad it's all ironed out for ya.

Stars
07-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Ann, so glad to hear that you will be able to go after all! Have a wonderful time-can't wait to hear all about it from you and the other Borderers who will be attending!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
07-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Geesh Ann--talk about an emotional rollercoaster huh? Very glad it's all ironed out for ya.

Yeah, really! I was the one on the roller coaster this morning reading through Ann's posts! I'm sorry to read about your major disappointment, but so glad you can still go to the show.

GlennLover
07-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone. I will be sure to give a detailed report. I plan to try & get as close as possible to the "Party of Two". :inlove:

MikeA
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Ann, I'm really glad that you are coming! Glad for YOU! Wish I could sneak away for a few days and head out there... My son flies out there TODAY for a convention at KeyStone. I could use some cool Colorado weather about now!

GlennLover
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks, Mike. Are you sure you can't get away for a few days? My husband could use some male company :hilarious: although he is always right at home even if he is the only male present. He'd be glad to get away from all the Eagles' talk though.

Prettymaid
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I plan to try & get as close as possible to the "Party of Two". :inlove:

Gonna try to make it a "party of three", huh Ann? :wink:

sodascouts
07-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Ah, GL, you had me worried there for a few posts! Glad it's resolved. And if anyone is giving you a hard time about going, give me their phone number - I'll tell them how absolutely essential it is that you are there!

Wildthyme
07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Gonna try to make it a "party of three", huh Ann? :wink:

Except she is going to have a little competition from at least four more of us. :rofl:

Prettymaid
07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Ah, GL, you had me worried there for a few posts! Glad it's resolved. And if anyone is giving you a hard time about going, give me their phone number - I'll tell them how absolutely essential it is that you are there!

Soda, Hubby's number is 555-6678 :hilarious:

GlennLover
07-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Except she is going to have a little competition from at least four more of us. :rofl:

I thought that if we all stuck together as a unit we could force our way to the front, or even better, get there early enough to stake our claim immediately in front of the stage & stay there all day! Let somebody try & move us:sword::robinhood::machinegun::saberfight::samur ai::steviesmack:

GlennLover
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Soda, you're back! Hope your move went well!:soda:

Wildthyme
07-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I thought that if we all stuck together as a unit we could force our way to the front, or even better, get there early enough to stake our claim immediately in front of the stage & stay there all day! Let somebody try & move us:sword::robinhood::machinegun::saberfight::samur ai::steviesmack:

Never been to a general admission show with Soda and Dreamer? They are the masters of staking a claim at the stage and keeping it so I am pretty sure that between all of us we will be right at the boy's feet for the show. :partytime:

Prettymaid
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Never been to a general admission show with Soda and Dreamer? They are the masters of staking a claim at the stage and keeping it so I am pretty sure that between all of us we will be right at the boy's feet for the show. :partytime:

And speaking of feet, wear comfortable shoes! :hilarious:

Wildthyme
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
And speaking of feet, wear comfortable shoes! :hilarious:

And sunscreen. Six or seven hours in the sun could be blistering...

TimothyBFan
07-12-2010, 03:37 PM
And sunscreen. Six or seven hours in the sun could be blistering...

BUT--if you are all shiny red beacons, that would get their attention at showtime!! Just something to consider!

07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
BUT--if you are all shiny red beacons, that would get their attention at showtime!! Just something to consider!

Hmmm - I had some other ideas about how to make myself stand out, but ... er ... nevermind!
:partytime: :angel: :wink:

Prettymaid
07-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Hmmm - I had some other ideas about how to make myself stand out, but ... er ... nevermind!
:partytime: :angel: :wink:

Have you got an "I got Freyed" t-shirt too Dreamer? :wink:

GlennLover
07-12-2010, 11:08 PM

I sure am glad to hear that I will be the pros :thumbsup:!

07-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Well GL, I don't know about pros, but we're certainly gonna do our best! :thumbsup:

Have you got an "I got Freyed" t-shirt too Dreamer? :wink:

And PM - I don't have an "I got Freyed" t-shirt, but I probably should since I did. But - you reminded me of a special t-shirt that I do have. I don't have time to go into it now, but I'll post something about it later. I bet I've really got everyone on the edge of their seats now! :lol:

07-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Okay everyone - I think I have a few minutes now that I can reveal the story about my 'special' t-shirt.

When we were planning one of our trips to Pebble Beach to see Glenn ... um ... golf (yeah - that's it), there was a discussion in one of the threads about what we were going to wear. Soda posted a picture of a 'special' t-shirt of hers that has "The Allnighter" across the front of it. We joked and said that she should wear it one day at Pebble Beach. When we were on the phone sometime later making our Pebble Beach plans, Soda and I started discussing what we were going to wear. I told her that I thought Glenn would get a big kick out of her Allnighter t-shirt, but she was not too keen on the idea. I said if she would wear it, then PLS and I could each get a cute t-shirt and we'd all wear them one day for Glenn. We tossed around a lot of ideas about what we should put on our shirts.

So now I digress ... As most of you probably know, back in the day one of Glenn's nicknames was the "Teen King". In one of our earlier conversation's with Glenn, he had shared the story about how one of his kids found the '73 Holland video of "How Long" that Soda had put up on YouTube, and how that inspired him to re-record the song for LROOE. Soda mentioned the "Teen King" shirt to him that he was wearing in the video, and he told us about how Linda Ronstadt had given him that name because, to quote him, "teenagers dug me". I remember thinking at the time "Hmmm - big girls dig you, too", but then I digress even more. :wink:

Now back to my 'special' t-shirt ... As we brainstormed about the t-shirts, I thought it would be funny to get a t-shirt that said "Teen Queen" on it. But, then I thought there's no way I'm a "teen" queen. And, then I thought Glenn's no longer the "Teen King" either - we've been dethroned. So - that was it ... I decided to have a "Dethroned Teen Queen" shirt made. So - drum roll please ...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/TeenQueen.jpg

Now, what happened is we never got around to getting a t-shirt for PLS to wear. We were going to, but decided we would just try to find one when we got to Monterey. We decided to each wear our shirts on separate days instead of all wearing them on the same day since we still had to find one for PLS. Soda wore her Allnighter shirt on the first day, but she was so shy about displaying it that we weren't even sure if Glenn had seen it. Then, we never did find a shirt for PLS. I was going to wear the "Teen Queen" shirt the next day, but decided not too since our plan had fell apart. So my 'special' shirt has never even been worn.

Sooo - think I'd get noticed if I wear it in Aspen??? :lol:

Stars
07-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Dreamer, that was a great story-really enjoyed reading your post!
I think it would be a fantastic idea to wear the shirt at Party of 2 concert!:thumbsup:
Hope everyone who is going has a fabulous time-I can't wait to hear all about it, and pictures please!!:partytime:

GlennLover
07-18-2010, 12:33 PM

Go for it Dreamer! I'm determined to get up as close to the stage as we are allowed & I've been told that you & Soda are experts at doing that, so Glenn would be sure to see you! I'll have to come up with someting so he will know & am part of this group of his most devoted worshipers. How about - "I'M WITH KAY & NANCY"? :hilarious:

07-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Well Ann - I appreciate the thought, but trust me, we aren't experts about this stuff. But, we are about as hardcore as you can get so, hopefully, that will work in our favor as we try to stake out our position. :thumbsup:

And as far as the t-shirt, I was only kidding - I don't think I'll wear it. Even if I did, I'm not sure that you can make out what it says unless you are right up close. I did have to laugh about what you said you might wear though. However, I don't think being with Kay and Nancy will help you out any. We never have any expectations when we go to a show other than to see a fantastic show and just have a great time. Any I'm sure we will all figure how to do that! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

Freypower
07-19-2010, 03:13 AM
I have a Prelude To Obscurity T shirt which Molly was kind enough to send me but it's black and the words 'Glenn Frey' are in small yellow letters. My POT shirt, however, has the words 'GLENN FREY' written in large red letters. If I want to be noticed on Front Row Centre night it has to be that - plus I doubt anyone else at the show would have that shirt.

GlennLover
07-19-2010, 12:02 PM
:wink:

And as far as the t-shirt, I was only kidding - I don't think I'll wear it. Even if I did, I'm not sure that you can make out what it says unless you are right up close. I did have to laugh about what you said you might wear though. However, I don't think being with Kay and Nancy will help you out any. We never have any expectations when we go to a show other than to see a fantastic show and just have a great time. Any I'm sure we will all figure how to do that! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

I figured that you were kidding, Kay. :) I don't have any expectations of anything but a great show (and meeting you 4 gals) either. I'm sure we won't run into Glenn & Joe strolling down a street of Snowmass. One can fantasize though :wink: :sigh:!

By the way, how long are the four of you staying? Since we're going all that distance we are making it our vacation & will be there til the 9th.

Molly
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Okay everyone - I think I have a few minutes now that I can reveal the story about my 'special' t-shirt.

When we were planning one of our trips to Pebble Beach to see Glenn ... um ... golf (yeah - that's it), there was a discussion in one of the threads about what we were going to wear. Soda posted a picture of a 'special' t-shirt of hers that has "The Allnighter" across the front of it. We joked and said that she should wear it one day at Pebble Beach. When we were on the phone sometime later making our Pebble Beach plans, Soda and I started discussing what we were going to wear. I told her that I thought Glenn would get a big kick out of her Allnighter t-shirt, but she was not too keen on the idea. I said if she would wear it, then PLS and I could each get a cute t-shirt and we'd all wear them one day for Glenn. We tossed around a lot of ideas about what we should put on our shirts.

So now I digress ... As most of you probably know, back in the day one of Glenn's nicknames was the "Teen King". In one of our earlier conversation's with Glenn, he had shared the story about how one of his kids found the '73 Holland video of "How Long" that Soda had put up on YouTube, and how that inspired him to re-record the song for LROOE. Soda mentioned the "Teen King" shirt to him that he was wearing in the video, and he told us about how Linda Ronstadt had given him that name because, to quote him, "teenagers dug me". I remember thinking at the time "Hmmm - big girls dig you, too", but then I digress even more. :wink:

Now back to my 'special' t-shirt ... As we brainstormed about the t-shirts, I thought it would be funny to get a t-shirt that said "Teen Queen" on it. But, then I thought there's no way I'm a "teen" queen. And, then I thought Glenn's no longer the "Teen King" either - we've been dethroned. So - that was it ... I decided to have a "Dethroned Teen Queen" shirt made. So - drum roll please ...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/TeenQueen.jpg

Now, what happened is we never got around to getting a t-shirt for PLS to wear. We were going to, but decided we would just try to find one when we got to Monterey. We decided to each wear our shirts on separate days instead of all wearing them on the same day since we still had to find one for PLS. Soda wore her Allnighter shirt on the first day, but she was so shy about displaying it that we weren't even sure if Glenn had seen it. Then, we never did find a shirt for PLS. I was going to wear the "Teen Queen" shirt the next day, but decided not too since our plan had fell apart. So my 'special' shirt has never even been worn.

I believe I had a t-shirt made, as well -but for the life of me, I can't remember what it said. I know the first few suggestions I came up with were vetoed by the committee for being "inappropriate". :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-19-2010, 03:58 PM
The truth ladies - you all chickened out of wearing your T-shirts at the last minute and left me dangling!

BTW my shirt said "I'm An Allnighter." ;)

Nobody'sBeach
07-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Scrapping the t-shirts and dangling just might be the most effective way to use them...if you're trying to get the band's attention.

Of course, there maybe repercussions...

Wildthyme
07-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Well if I can figure out something good to put on a t-shirt I would wear one to the Aspen show... I am going to have to put my thinking cap on :rofl:

Prettymaid
07-20-2010, 09:19 AM
How about 'Joe, I was one of the crazy girls in the hotel lobby in San Jose that didn't speak when you walked by.'

It has a certain ring to it.

GlennLover
07-20-2010, 09:23 AM
How about 'Joe, I was one of the crazy girls in the hotel lobby in San Jose that didn't speak when you walked by.'

It has a certain ring to it.

Good one, PM! :hilarious:

07-20-2010, 09:57 AM
I believe I had a t-shirt made, as well -but for the life of me, I can't remember what it said. I know the first few suggestions I came up with were vetoed by the committee for being "inappropriate". :thumbsup:

OMG Molly - we ... er ... I mean "I" must really be losing it. I was thinking that this all happened the year before, but as soon as I read your post, I remembered that it was the same year that you went to Pebble Beach. Now that you mentioned it, I do kinda recall some of your t-shirt suggestions as being 'interesting' - but definitely not suitable golfing attire. :wink: I can't remember exactly what you wanted to put on them, but I do know that your ideas were more along the lines of what groupies WITH benefits would be wearing!!! :lol:

And Soda - now, I didn't chicken out you. Let's just say that the "implementation" phase of our plan wasn't quite as successful as the "design" phase. :thumbsup:

Molly
07-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Funny how things pop into your head, but as I was on the verge of falling asleep last night, I remembered that my shirt said "I Volunteer".

GlennLover
07-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Funny how things pop into your head, but as I was on the verge of falling asleep last night, I remembered that my shirt said "I Volunteer".

:thumbsup: :partytime::hilarious:

Brooke
07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
All three of you showing up with those shirts on would have been too funny for Glenn. Wouldn't you love to have seen the look on his face when he saw them? :hilarious:

Prettymaid
07-20-2010, 04:57 PM

"I Volunteer" could have a multitude of connotations, for example,

"Glenn, I volunteer to be your caddy."

"Glenn, I volunteer to get you a screwdriver."

"Glenn, I volunteer to be your sex slave."

Oops, that last one just kind of slipped out. :blush:

Molly
07-20-2010, 07:16 PM
"I Volunteer" could have a multitude of connotations, for example,

Oops, that last one just kind of slipped out. :blush:

And, so much less "obvious" than one of my other ideas which was "This Way to Happiness" with a down arrow. :thumbsup:

Perfect Little Sister
07-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I am going absofreakinglutely insane! My vacation has not yet been approved. And I hesitate to purchase plane tix and all until I know I have the time off. Aaaaarrrrrrggggggggg! Sometimes I hate my job. I get tired of being overworked and underpaid and totally stressed out. But then a kid smiles at me and my heart melts. :rolleyes:

GlennLover
07-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh, PLS! I'll be sending positive vibes to your employer to make them approve your vacation! You've got to be there! :worried:

GlennLover
07-20-2010, 09:21 PM
And, so much less "obvious" than one of my other ideas which was "This Way to Happiness" with a down arrow. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by PM "I Volunteer" could have a multitude of connotations, for example,

Oops, that last one just kind of slipped out
PM & Molly, you kill me! :hilarious:

sodascouts
07-20-2010, 09:45 PM
LOL Molly and PM! You guys are cracking me up!

PLS - what - vacation not approved??? But I had a vision of you being there... ;) Seriously, you MUST come!

07-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Okay Molly and PM - you girls are just too funny!

And I'm thinking Glenn really would've had a chuckle if we had all worn those shirts one day.

PLS, I sure hope you can work it out so you can come to Aspen. I think it would be so cool if more Borderers could be there. I was just reading in another thread all the talk about how hot Joe is looking these days. I mean it is going to be such a treat to see these two hot rock stars performing together as the Party of Two. That should be some added extra incentive for all of you to book your airfare now! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
07-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I'll book it if you pay for it! :hilarious:

EaglesFanatic
07-21-2010, 07:29 PM
I live in Denver, so the drive would be about 4 hours. Only problem is... I don't know if I will be able to catch a ride up there!!!! That would kill me to be so close to the concert and not go! Well, maybe I can find a way to get up there between now and Labor Day :nod: ahhhhhhhhh... that would be such a great concert

07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
EaglesFanatic - I hope you can get to Aspen. It should be a great show

I'll book it if you pay for it! :hilarious:

Sure - who should I make the check payable to?

Signed - Stupid Rich Girl

Peekaboo
07-27-2010, 04:40 PM
I seriously considered going to this show but it's just not going to work out for me. Labor Day weekend is a very busy time at work and it's also the weekend of my tribes annual powwow and I may be going to that if i can even get off work that weekend. I so wish I could join those of you going. You lucky Borderers are gonna have so much fun.

GlennLover
07-29-2010, 10:56 AM
My tickets for the show arrived yesterday! Woo, hoo, hoo! ) I didn't have any ink left in my printer to print them when I ordered them). I was going to mail the Festival yesterday to see what had happened to them since I ordered them June 18! Holding the tickets in my hot little hands brought the trip one step closer to reality. It still seems like a dream & I am afraid that I am going to wake up & discover that it isn't real. :partytime:

07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
That is awesome, Ann. Holding those tickets in your very own little hands does give you a little high, doesn't it! :grin:

And Jess - I'm so sorry you couldn't work it out to go to this show. We would love to have you (and all the other Borderers) join us.

Troubadour
07-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I've been cracking up reading the last couple of pages. Too funny!

Perfect Little Sister
08-01-2010, 03:32 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!! My vacation got approved.:partytime:

Troubadour
08-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Yippee! Really pleased for you, PLS!

Prettymaid
08-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm getting really psyched for all of you who get to go!

GlennLover
08-01-2010, 12:31 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!! My vacation got approved.:partytime:

Yay, PLS :yay::blueblob::partytime:!!!!!

sodascouts
08-02-2010, 12:39 AM
WOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimothyBFan
08-02-2010, 07:48 AM
This is really getting close!! How exciting for everyone!

GlennLover
08-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm getting so excited. It was 2 years ago today that I saw the Eagles for the first & only time so I'm very anxious to see Glenn & Joe! I never thought that I would see any of the Eagles again :partytime:!

Wildthyme
08-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Only a month to go! I can't wait!!

sodascouts
08-23-2010, 05:28 AM
I couldn't sleep so I took a page from Ann's book and made a banner! (See below)

Just a couple weeks away!

GlennLover
08-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I couldn't sleep so I took a page from Ann's book and made a banner! (See below)

Just a couple weeks away!

Cool Nancy. Great av too! I love that moment between Glenn & Joe. I think Joe shows here that he is such a sensitive guy.

Why couldn't you sleep? Is anticipation making you unable to sleep? I know it's affecting my sleep!

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Nah, just too much to do and too little time!

GlennLover
08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Here's an article about the writer's pre-concert anticipation & speculation:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/reverb-blogpost.aspx?post=1798104

I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

EaglesFanatic
08-29-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm really excited for all of you who get to go! Be sure to take lots of pictures

Freypower
08-29-2010, 08:01 PM
That is so nice. This is a big event. Yes, there was a POT tour back in 1993, but the set list will be very different now (sadly there will probably be no Strange Weather songs). Who knows what they will play? I hope there are a lot of photos. How I wish I could see this.

Scooby
08-29-2010, 09:16 PM
whoever is going to Aspen to see Joe & Glenn, have a great time, my two favs! you're sooo lucky! my son was living out there last winter, wish he was still there! we would be going also!

Freypower! Hi! havent been on here forever, I'm the one up in Duluth, Mn who sent you the postcards way back when, hope all is well with you! :)

Sandy

jdubfan
08-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Article from Aspen Times

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20100829/ASPENWEEKLY/100829851/1077&ParentProfile=1058

Freypower
08-29-2010, 11:11 PM
There are a few unfortunate assumptions in that article. One is that Glenn and Joe 'hate' each other, which as far as I know they never have.

Don Henley may be a 'former Aspen resident' but Glenn still has a house in Snowmass. So there. As for the solo songs comparison give me a break. There is nothing wrong with either Smuggler's Blues or The Heat Is On and Partytown (which will not be played) is fun, not 'vapid'. The statement that Joe's songs (including OAG which hasn't been played since 1995) get more 'enthusiastic' response than PEF or HT appears to be the writer's own prejudice.

This is a Party of Two show and it is NOT the Eagles. So why do the other Eagles have to be shoehorned into it? And YET AGAIN there is the tired old Dude joke.

Pathetic.

And Sandy, welcome back. I still cherish those postcards. Good to hear from you.

08-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Welcome back Sandy - Hope all is well with you and nice to hear from you again. I can't believe it is almost time for the Party of Two show - I can hardly wait. I actually never thought I'd get the chance to see one of these, so yep - I am psyched!

And jdubfan, thanks for posting the link to that article. Here is an exerpt ...

On the positive side: The best thing about the Eagles these days is Joe Walsh; his songs (”Ordinary Average Guy,” “Life's Been Good”) get a far more enthusiastic reaction than, say, “Peaceful Easy Feeling” or “Heartache Tonight.” So count on Walsh getting more time in the spotlight than he does in the Eagles. The question on everyone's mind — Will former Aspen resident Don Henley make a surprise appearance? — should add plenty of suspense to the day (and probably boost ticket sales).

The first word that comes to my mind to sum up this so-called writer is ...

MISINFORMED!!! :headscratch:

08-30-2010, 12:01 AM
One other comment about that writer for the Aspen Times - I think his most ridiculous statement is his remark that Joe will get more time than he does with the Eagles because Ordinary Average Guy and Life's Been Good are better received than Peaceful Easy Feeling or Heartache Tonight. Oh really, I've been to quite a few Eagles and solo shows in the past few years and I hadn't noticed. First of all, I haven't even heard OAG at an Eagles show since 2005 and the crowd goes wild with Heartache Tonight from what I observed. The reason Joe will get more time in the spotlight in Aspen is because it is the 'Party of Two'.

And I just found another link that has a bit more of a positive vibe ...

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/reverb-blogpost.aspx?post=1798104

Freypower
08-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Re OAG - I saw it in 1995, on the HFO tour. To my knowledge it has not been performed since, at least not by the Eagles. I certainly did not see it in 2004. As for the 'vapid' Partytown it hasn't been performed since 1992.

TimothyBFan
08-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Don Henley may be a 'former Aspen resident' but Glenn still has a house in Snowmass. So there. As for the solo songs comparison give me a break. There is nothing wrong with either Smuggler's Blues or The Heat Is On and Partytown (which will not be played)

I really don't know so please indulge me...but why wouldn't Partytown be a possibility? And for the record, I love SB and THIO and would love to hear them live some day.

The whole thing about Don Henley showing up and basically improving the show is such crap!! As a matter of fact, a lot of what this guy says I find as crap, another example the part about Joe getting more time than with the Eagles. :brickwall: Like someone here said, this is a POT show not an Eagles show!!!

Brooke
08-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the first article was great. Thanks GL! It'll be interesting to hear their review.

As for the second one, :yawn: Tired! I don't really get why they think Don might show up either.

Welcome back Sandy! Glad to have ya round these parts again!

And for all of you going to POT, have fun and get all the details back ASAP! All of us left here will be dying to hear all about it! :nod:

Freypower
08-30-2010, 05:13 PM
I really don't know so please indulge me...but why wouldn't Partytown be a possibility? And for the record, I love SB and THIO and would love to hear them live some day.

The whole thing about Don Henley showing up and basically improving the show is such crap!! As a matter of fact, a lot of what this guy says I find as crap, another example the part about Joe getting more time than with the Eagles. :brickwall: Like someone here said, this is a POT show not an Eagles show!!!

Well..... I went and checked the POT setlist and in fact the medley of Partytown/I Saw Her Standing There was played during that tour - on occasion. It isn't in the bootleg I have of the Washington DC show.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/tour/1993pottour.htm#setlist

But that was then. The setlist now is more likely to be something like the 2006preludetour (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/tour/2006preludetour.htm#setlist) with some Joe songs added. Personally I think this would be a good chance to change some things around, do some songs that haven't been played for a while, but there you are.

NB: The PTO tour included ILTWAWD. They should play that. :fear:

Glennsallnighter
08-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh I would LOVE to be going to this as well. To all of you who are heading up to Aspen this weekend, have a wonderful time, take loads of pics and have a wonderful review ready for us.

Oh and..... travel safely, won't you?

TimothyBFan
08-31-2010, 08:31 AM
When are all of you taking off? When is everyone meeting up with each other? I'm so excited for all of you!!! Keep us posted.

carol7lynn
08-31-2010, 09:13 AM
:nahnah:Let the countdown begin!:thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear all about it. Safe trip and rock the Rockies:cheers::partytime: Border-Babes! :partytime:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

08-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Yep - it's getting exciting. The countdown has begun. I should have started it yesterday, but I've been so busy that I didn't even think about it. Soda, PLS, Wildthyme, and I are flying into Denver on Friday, and will drive to Aspen. GlennLover is flying in with her hubby, and they won't get in until later, so they are driving separately and will meet up with us in Aspen. It's gonna be FUN!!! The countdown until we leave is now at ... 4.

GlennLover
08-31-2010, 10:33 AM
We leave tomorrow to drive to Bangor, Me. We fly from there to Aspen on Friday. I'm "puking'"!!!

sodascouts
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Since I leave from Nashville about 7:00 am Friday, which means I need to be there by 5:30am, which means I need to leave Memphis by 2:00am... well, I'm getting an early start for our weekend of fun! No rest for the weary. ;) Heck, I might leave at 1:00 am Friday morning just to be safe. White mocha double expresso, please!

jdubfan
08-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Just talked to my bro, sil and some friends from Broomfield into going. They checked and tix still available....I'm puttin on the big pout now....but they promised to call. Glad for them, they'll have a blast. Tix are still availalbe are about the worst words I could hear right now....:brickwall:
Y'all have a blast and give Glenn n Joe a big yee hoo

sodascouts
08-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Poor thing! I wish you could be there! Maybe your brother et al can hold up a sign that says "DEB LOVES YOU JOE" - briefly, of course. ;)

TimothyBFan
08-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Just throwing this out there....since Joe mentioned the new album on the talk to Joe thing the other day....I know the chance is extremely slim, but wouldn't it be cool if a new song or 2 were performed for this special occasion?!?!? Just saying....

jdubfan
08-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Just throwing this out there....since Joe mentioned the new album on the talk to Joe thing the other day....I know the chance is extremely slim, but wouldn't it be cool if a new song or 2 were performed for this special occasion?!?!? Just saying....
GGGGAAAAAHHHHH *hands over ears* LALALALALALALALA
I Did NOT just hear that, lol.

GlennLover
08-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Anything new would be FANTASTIC!!!

Freypower
08-31-2010, 07:10 PM
It is a POT show and I very much doubt that Joe would perform any new solo songs with Glenn there. They share the stage the whole time. I am sorry to be negative but I can't see why Joe would want to do that.

Stars
08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
I hope everyone who attends this concert has an absolutely fabulous time! I can't wait to read all about it, and see pics too!!:partytime:

Glennhoney
08-31-2010, 08:42 PM
...wish I was going too...have a great time..(how could you not?)..and bring back stories and pics...:thumbsup:

Koala
09-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Have a fantastic time everyone , I know you will! Can't wait to hear all about the concert!

MikeA
09-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I KNOW all you guys are gonna get High in the Rockies! Peace Out!

Prettymaid
09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I'll put my wish in too for all of you to have a safe trip and an excellent adventure. Blow kisses to Glenn and Joe for me!

Perfect Little Sister
09-01-2010, 12:57 PM
LOL Mike. Only 2 more days of hell...er...I mean work and then I'm off to Aspen. I soooo need this.

GlennLover
09-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Me too! We decided to head to Bangor tomorrow. We still have things to do here & even though we're setting records here with the temperature, it's even hotter there! Hopefully it will cool down enough tonight so we can sleep. :worried:

Stars
09-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Hope everyone who is going has a fantastic time!! Can't wait to read all about it, and see pics too!!:partytime:

GlennLover
09-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm literally "On The Border". Ready to cross into the USA! WooHoo!

jdubfan
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Joe had a hoot

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_15966194

Finally a decent article, but weren't just the PA shows cancelled? Everything else was rescheduled I thought

A quiz
http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_15120177?obref=obinsite

09-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the links Deb. And thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I know we are in for a treat and I can't wait until Saturday evening. I'll be leaving for the airport in less than 7 hours! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

3 ... 2 ...

Perfect Little Sister
09-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Let it begin...let it begin.:-D

sodascouts
09-03-2010, 01:43 AM
When Walsh and Frey take to the Snowmass stage this weekend, they'll fill their set with selections from each of their solo catalogs alongside the Eagles compositions that make sense. Frey sings lead on "Take it Easy" and "Peaceful Easy Feeling," for example, and Walsh takes the mic for "In the City" and "Pretty Maids All in a Row," so those songs and others could find a spot.

Thanks for the explanation, DP! :rolleyes:

I'm starting my drive to Nashville in about an hour, although I can't find my watch which is not good! Oh well, who cares, I'm going to see the PoT!

MikeA
09-03-2010, 02:38 AM
It really does sound like it's going to be something to go out of the way for! Anytime Joe says that he can cut loose and kick butt, it's a GOOD THING.

I'm excited for you guys.

GlennLover
09-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm sitting in Bangor airport waiting for our flight to Detroit. The flight is 30 min late which means we will really have to run to make the flight to Denver :worried: Wish us luck.

Nancy drive safely. God willing, we'll see you soon :partytime:C

tequila girl
09-03-2010, 01:03 PM
How Exciting - yet Nerve Wracking Too!

Good Luck!! :partytime: :partytime:

Wildthyme
09-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Well its 11:50 am in Denver and I should be there by now. But where am I? I am sitting on my sofa at home watching HBO and texting pleas for forgiveness to Nancy. My first flight this morning was cancelled because of mechanical problems (apparently a couple of lights wouldn't come on) and since Delta only has two flights a day out of podunkville here I am not leaving until 2:30 pm now. Oh well, assuming no other problems I will be there today still but it means a really late drive to Aspen and that Nancy, Lissa, and Kay have to sit there and wait for me since the rental car is in my name... :yuck:

Brooke
09-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Oh no, Wt. Good luck to you!

Freypower
09-03-2010, 06:51 PM
I hope you all make it there safely and have a wonderful time. From what the Denver Post said it sounds like they may possibly 'shake it up' a bit.

GlennLover
09-04-2010, 12:17 AM
We're here! I haven't heard from any of the other gals. Hope they are here safe & sound. Left a voice mail message for Dreamer to call me tonight.

The girl that checked us in at the front desk said that her boyfriend was bartending at the festival today & met the Eagles drummer. I am assuming that she meant Scott Crago. Hope so! Anyway, he gave them backstage passes! I hope I see her again so I can hear all about it. Less than 24 hrs until the concert begins!!:thud::faint:

GlennLover
09-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Cami, are you there?

Koala
09-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Oh no, WT, good luck, my fingers croosed!

I'm so freaking exciting for you all!:partytime:

Wildthyme
09-04-2010, 03:27 AM
We made it! It was a long but uneventful drive. Bedtime now and then up in the morning to check things out and meet up with Ann. Night all!

carol7lynn
09-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Rock the House Girls! Can't wait to hear more. Glad everything worked out Cami!:thumbsup:

Carol-Lynn

whitcap
09-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I know all of you going are so excited! In a few hours you'll be Partying with Two of the Eagles! :partytime:

http://glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyDublin09.jpg

Have Fun!