PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley-Wente Winery,Livermore,CA-Sept 20th

carol7lynn
06-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Another solo date for Henley in Cali. I'd venture to guess there will also be a Santa Barbara or LA date as well.

Tickets sold through TM at this link:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C0044CA9521524F?brand=[=BRAND=]&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_zvents

Presale: June 28th-July 11th
Tickets on sale July 12th
Prices: $129-$359 (ouch-but this includes dining and front orchestra seating)

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

sodascouts
06-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! This is PLS' hometown so maybe she'll make it, too. I'll let her know about it.

carol7lynn
06-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Hold the phone and stop the presses. Wente winery pulled their ad for Henley and TM now reports that the event no longer exists in their database. What up? Maybe there's a date change or something. Stay tuned for updates.

Carol-Lynn

Wildthyme
06-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes, please keep us updated. This is one I would probably go to if it happens (since I can combine it with a family visit to the bay area). Thanks CL :)

sodascouts
06-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Hmm! Let's hope it's like the Eagles date in Raleigh which was listed, then pulled, then listed again.

carol7lynn
06-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Hmm! Let's hope it's like the Eagles date in Raleigh which was listed, then pulled, then listed again.

I'm sure that's probably the case.

Anyway, I just got an e-mail from "Judy" from the venue's box office and she said to watch their web-site for onsale info about Don Henley "when it is confirmed." I orginally asked them if it was canceled and she never really answered the question :brickwall:but her response seemed to indicate that someone jumped the gun. It was in the local paper, etc. In any event, I sent her another e-mail asking her for clarification.

Stay Tuned.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

carol7lynn
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Good News. The concert is a go.:thumbsup:

Here is what Judy said in her latest response:

Sorry about the confusion. The concert is definitely on, but they pulled it off the site as they have a couple of loose ends to tie up. It is possible it will be announced via e-mail as early as this afternoon or tomorrow with the date tickets go on sale to our members/public.

Carol-Lynn

Wildthyme
06-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Good to hear. Thanks for the update Carol-Lynn!

carol7lynn
06-21-2010, 07:32 PM
No prob Cami. I'll let everyone know what they e-mail me if they e-mail me. So far nothing else to add.

Meantime I'm checking on airfare to Melbourne in Dec. Might be a nice Xmas gift to myself.

Carol-Lynn

Brooke
06-22-2010, 09:08 AM
:shock: You go girl!

Wildthyme
06-22-2010, 11:35 PM
I want to go to Australia too! How awesome would that be???

Any new news on this show Carol-lynn? I didn't see anything on the website so I didn't know if you might have gotten an email...

Peekaboo
06-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Always on top of this stuff, CL. :thumbsup: Good job!!

And very cool that you may going to Australia!! :)

carol7lynn
06-23-2010, 09:29 AM
No news from Wente yet. I have a feeling that the presale will start as scheduled on Monday, June 28th. The presale is a member only and it costs $95 bucks. Check out their web-site to see pixs of previous concerts and seating. You'll notice they have orchestra sections on the far right and far left that won't be super expensive because those seats do not include dinner but you could still get a front row seat that way. The middle sections are the high-priced dinner seats.

The stage is high and there is a barrier in front so you won't get to the stage no matter what seat you buy so you might want to consider that also when deciding whether to spring for the dinner seats or not.

I don't know about ticket drops but Humphrey's in San Diego always sells the best seats to dinner patrons and people who buy expensive packages. About two or three days before any given show they will drop the unsold package seats (usually front row center) to dinner patrons. I have gotten many front row seats for shows that way there.

Good Luck Cami. If I were you and I wanted one of those side orchestra sections I'd register for the presale and get early access because there are not that many non-dinner seats if you don't want to spring for the $359 dollar seats. Again I'd bet you dollars to donuts the presale will start on Monday.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Still up in the air over Melbourne. Details still need to be ironed out. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
06-28-2010, 03:04 PM
The concert date is the same just the pre-sale (July 12th) and general on-sale dates (July 19th) have changed.
http://www.wentevineyards.com/concerts/lineup/don_henley/

Again, Cami if you want an orchestra seat ($159) without spending $359 sign up here for Wente Membership Pre-sale access at $95 at this link: https://shop.wentevineyards.com/SHOP.AMS?LEVEL=MID&CAT=ENTCLUB

Good Luck!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Wildthyme
06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks Carol-lynn... headed over to take a look now! Thanks!

carol7lynn
07-05-2010, 01:29 PM
TM now has the event posted.

Presale-Wente Membership: Monday, July 12th
General On-Sale: Monday 19th

Here is the link:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C0044CA9521524F?artistid=735267&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Also, I noticed that if you buy the wente club membership, as suggested above in a previous post, you not only get presale access but 10% off the price of your ticket-something to consider Cami.

I'm passing on Wente as I'm already going to Indio. Also, hoping he adds a date or two in other SoCal locations.

His web-site is finally listing dates on his tour page.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:drool:

Woodstock
09-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Could have got front row seats for only $373 each, of course this includes dinner!! I'm sorry but I can't afford $373 for one Eagle. I just paid $199 for all FOUR Eagles. I love Don Henley and would love to see this show but the price of the tickets just kill me. Honestly, in this economy how can they justify those ticket prices?

Brooke
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Wow! Must be some kind of dinner! Yikes!