PDA

View Full Version : Eagles in Australia???

Wildthyme
06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
I got an alert from another site that the Eagles are planning a "handful of dates" in Australia in December. No other info yet....

Brooke
06-18-2010, 01:11 PM
OMG! Wait till Fp see's this! :yay:

carol7lynn
06-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Good work Cami! :thumbsup:Thanks for the heads up. Ya rock!

Carol-Lynn
SoCaGal:nahnah:

Koala
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Hopefully, that would make me happy for Julie!

TimothyBFan
06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
OH HELL YES!!!!! Someone heard Julie's pleas!!! I CANNOT wait to see when she finds this out!!!

Freypower
06-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi all.

:woah: :nervous: :hmm: :ack: :confused: :shy: :pray::help: :worried:

Please, please, please. There will hardly be any time left in December after Metallica have gone. If it is to happen it needs to go on sale SOON, before I go overseas.

Wildthyme
06-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi all.

:woah: :nervous: :hmm: :ack: :confused: :shy: :pray::help: :worried:

Please, please, please. There will hardly be any time left in December after Metallica have gone. If it is to happen it needs to go on sale SOON, before I go overseas.

The site said the official announcement and dates would be released this Sunday. So hang in there... looks like you are getting your wish Julie!

Troubadour
06-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Ooh! My heart leapt when I saw this. Got everything crossed that it will work out for you, Julie!

Prettymaid
06-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Looks like ol' Irving might have talked Glenn into it! And you can thank the Lakers! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Awwww JULIE! I'll be thrilled for you if this happens. How Long have you waited???? Hope this comes to fruition. I REALLY DO!! :hug:

Freypower
06-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Awwww JULIE! I'll be thrilled for you if this happens. How Long have you waited???? Hope this comes to fruition. I REALLY DO!! :hug:

It has been six years.

If it happens, I can't tell you how important it will be to share it with this board. It means a great deal to me.

Peekaboo
06-19-2010, 04:20 AM
OMG!! JULIE!!!

This is wonderful news!! Julie, my fingers are crossed that this happens for you!!

EasyFeeling
06-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Wow Julie, this is wonderful :thumbsup: I'm really happy for you and cross my fingers. :)

Koala
06-19-2010, 12:40 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/7425668/70s-supergroup-eagles-to-play-in-perth

Wildthyme
06-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Australia dates:

Sydney Entertainment Centre, Dec 2;
Acer Arena, Sydney, Dec 6;
nib Stadium, Perth, Dec 10;
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Dec 13;
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Dec 17 and 18.

Tickets go on sale on Monday 28 June at 9am.

:yay: Looks like its time to remove the ??? :yay:

Troubadour
06-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Fantastic!

carol7lynn
06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Great news for two reasons: One-our Australian members get to see the band again and the second reason is that it probably means there will be plenty of time for solo tours before then and I am banking on Timmy playing some more SoCal dates this fall.

Thanks to our Border-lic-ious Babes, Koala and Cami, for hooking us up. Can always count on you two to get it right and get it first. :partytime:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

Prettymaid
06-19-2010, 06:53 PM
This is good news. I think I can hear Julie weeping all the way from Australia!

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Australia dates:

Sydney Entertainment Centre, Dec 2;
Acer Arena, Sydney, Dec 6;
nib Stadium, Perth, Dec 10;
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Dec 13;
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Dec 17 and 18.

Tickets go on sale on Monday 28 June at 9am.

:yay: Looks like its time to remove the ??? :yay:

That is wonderful news Julie! Will you take in them both? I'm delighted for you. :hug:

GlennLover
06-19-2010, 09:57 PM
FP, I was so happy for you when I read the anouncement of the Australian dates!!!:thumbsup:

Freypower
06-20-2010, 12:14 AM
NB Carol Lynn: I am the only Australian member of this board.

I picked up the paper knowing there would be something and literally the page I opened had the article. I have now registered with frontiertouring.com for the presale on Wednesday (although they claim there will also be iloveallaccess packages).

I intend to go to both Sydney shows. I am a bit baffled that they are doing the Entertainment Centre. They have never played there. I will try and get the Acer ticket first as that is the second show and I would rather have a closer ticket (if possible) for the second night.

I imagine the tickets will be very expensive so I don't think I will be going to a non-Sydney show.

I will keep you posted.

AzEaglesFan
06-20-2010, 12:25 AM
How do the two places compare in size? If one is a bigger place, are the tickets usually cheaper?

Brooke
06-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Julie, wonderful news for you! :headbang:

Freypower
06-20-2010, 07:17 PM
How do the two places compare in size? If one is a bigger place, are the tickets usually cheaper?

The Ent Cent holds about 12000 while Acer holds about 15000. The Ent Cent tickets won't be cheaper.

(I remembered later that although the band hasn't played the Ent Cent, Glenn certainly has).....

Last night a trailer came on for the tour and gave the date as 'November 19 - Sydney Superdome' as Acer was then. :yuck: It was the 2004 tour ad. I am going to send a terse email to Froniter.

Also a trailer came on for the TV show Hey Hey It's Saturday. The band will be interviewed by the host Daryl Somers and it will be shown this Wednesday night (it's a long story). I will be out that night, at the Yusuf concert, so my long suffering hubby is going to record it for me.

Glenn was on HHIS back in 1992 when he was doing a promo tour for Strange Weather. He sang I've Got Mine and was subjected to excruciating puns directed at him by the show's stick puppet (I am not joking). It was the most Spinal Tap moment of his career so I did not keep the footage.

This continues a long tradition of the Eagles using the Channel Nine network to make announcements about their Australian visits. I have Channel Nine news and interview footage from 1995 and 2004.

Freypower
06-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Not that it matters but I now know the Platinum ticket price.

It is $669.60.

carol7lynn
06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks FP. I'm looking into flights from LA to Melbourne for two of the shows. I'll be on XMAS break so it's doable. I already signed up with Frontier Touring for the presale starting Wednesday but I don't expect much as most presales here suck! Keep us posted state-side.

Carol-Lynn

Freypower
06-23-2010, 01:31 AM
MAN THAT WAS PAINFUL!

But are you ready for this?

I have FRONT ROW for both nights.

I have FRONT ROW CENTRE for Ent Cent and Front Row Joe's side for Acer. It's Seat 45 - if that is right over on the far side I don't care.

So whatever your name is, 'it's your face I'm looking for on every street'.

No seriously, it's a good result.

Wildthyme
06-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Wow congrats on the seats Julie!

Koala
06-23-2010, 02:17 AM
WOW, this seats are fantastic, congrats Julie!:partytime:

tequila girl
06-23-2010, 04:35 AM
Great News! Well Done julie!! :partytime: :partytime:

Prettymaid
06-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I expected no less from you FP. :thumbsup: Well done.

Now will you put on a happy face? :grin:

TimothyBFan
06-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Julie--You so freakin' deserve front row tickets!!! I'm so glad you were able to manage that. I only have one question----what body part did you have to sell to get them? :hilarious: Seriously---GOOD JOB my dear!!!

carol7lynn
06-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Way to go Jule!

Still trying to work things out for Melbourne. Good to hear at least one of us got front row for Australia. WhooHoo!

Carol-Lynn

Brooke
06-23-2010, 10:25 AM
:cool: Julie! I'm so happy for you! :partytime:

sodascouts
06-23-2010, 11:58 AM
WOW JULIE! AMAZING! Front row right in front of GLENN!

Now no frowns aloud! You have FRONT ROW CENTRE and you WILL enjoy yourself! ;)

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Freypower
06-23-2010, 08:34 PM
It seems my reputation for always looking serious (which I mentioned in the Fleetwood Mac review) has stuck.

It was patience more than anything. The Frontier site kept saying there was 'heavy traffic' and I should 'try again' later. Eventually I gave up and went straight to Ticketmaster and it loaded. Then I was able to go to Ticketek which is selling Acer Arena. So although I used the Frontier password I didn't go through the Frontier site.

Ironically both Ticketek & Ticketmaster also have presales starting at 5pm today.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Congratulations, Julie on getting front row tickets to both shows - that is awesome!!! I know you are bound to be eagley awaiting these shows. :wink:

nnhgirl
06-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Good on ya, Julie! Now that our guys are making the trip to see you, I may need to visit your amazing, beautiful, welcoming country a second time. Last time I was out, I nearly stayed.

TimothyBFan
06-24-2010, 08:21 AM
I know you are bound to be eagley awaiting these shows. :wink:

:hilarious: Love that one!! Just when is that Borderism book going to be published? :thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Wow! I'm impressed! Congrats on your AWESOME seats, Julie. I know you will enjoy every moment.

:yay:

Glennsallnighter
06-25-2010, 04:02 AM
Congratulations on scoring those wonderful seats from me as well Julie. I'm sure Glenn :heart: will certainly see his biggest fan from 'down unda' and will play his heart out to you. Way to go!:thumbsup:

Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!:):):)

Victim of Love
06-27-2010, 11:36 PM
So it appears they're closing out 2010 at Rod Laver on December 17 & 18 according to the official website. Since that's where the HFO concert was taped, do you suppose they'll shoot the LROOE concert video there to wrap it up? That only leaves six months of tour since there aren't any hints that it's going to roll into 2011.

Freypower
06-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Welcome, VOL.

They shot Farewell One at Rod Laver Arena. I very much doubt they would release another DVD recorded at the same venue.

TimothyBFan
06-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Welcome VOL (love that name btw!).

I like that idea myself. We've all mentioned we want a dvd finally! I don't care where they film it, just hope they do it!

Prettymaid
06-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Welcome VOL. I guess since they taped F1 there it would be somewhat fitting to do it again, but personally I don't like the "been there done that" aspect of that idea. As I've stated before, I hope they compile bits and pieces from several shows with commentary in between. Paul McCartney did that for his Back In The U.S. Tour in 2002, and it's a great DVD.

whitcap
06-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Timothy's website has some more Australia shows listed

Sydney Entertainment Centre, Dec 3
Acer Arena, Sydney, Dec 7
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Dec 14
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Dec 21

Freypower
06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I thought there would be more. Sadly I will not be attending any other shows. I won't pay less than Platinum and I have already paid a huge amount for two shows.

I went into town and got the tickets today. I checked where the Acer seat is and it's between Joe and Steuart - but remember I will have an unrestricted view.

I would really like to take a camera this time but of course the tickets say 'no cameras' and I don't want to get ... anyone.... upset. What do people think. Could I get away with it this time?

sodascouts
06-28-2010, 11:57 PM
The Eagles themselves seem to be cool with non-flash photos, but not videos. Sometimes venues enforce "No cameras" across the board but according to what Glenn has said in the past, that isn't a dictate from the band. DonFan told me that Don has gotten pissy about photos at a couple solo shows she went to, but I think that's more to do with flash photography being distracting to him as a performer.

Freypower
06-28-2010, 11:59 PM
I went to Ticketek & they had a second row seat for December 7 at Acer, again on Joe's side. So I am afraid I went for it.

That's it now.

sodascouts
06-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey, you might never see these guys again. Make the most of it while you can - and congrats on your 2nd row seat!

Prettymaid
06-29-2010, 07:22 AM
I went to Ticketek & they had a second row seat for December 7 at Acer, again on Joe's side. So I am afraid I went for it.

That's it now.

Ha! Famous last words! :lol:

Brooke
06-29-2010, 09:59 AM
lol Good for you Fp!

Freypower
06-29-2010, 09:23 PM
I keep forgetting to mention that Adelaide has missed out. This also happened in 2004 until an Adelaide radio station organised a petition and Adelaide dates were hastily added. I feel for them.

carol7lynn
07-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Just got an e-mail from Frontier touring and it turns out the Eagles have added a 4th Melbourne show for Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2010 because the other 3 sold out. Sale starts Monday, July 5th. Here is the ticketing link:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=EAGLESLI10

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks! Do you know when the normally priced tickets will go on sale? I can't find that info on there.

Freypower
07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Soda, those are the 'normal price tickets'. If you click on the venue and the date you will see the various prices (at least that is what I am seeing).

That is four shows each in Melb and Syd now.

sodascouts
07-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh, sorry. All I saw was the ad for the premium tickets. Duh me!

Freypower
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
A fifth Sydney show has been added for November 30 at the Ent Cent.

http://www.frontiertouring.com/retail/eagles

Theoretically I could go to this because the pre-sale starts the day before I leave for England. But it is not realistic. Our mail is being held and I would spend the whole five weeks worrying about the ticket. Also the money I have is to be spent in England.

Of course, I may change my mind on Tuesday. :computer:

carol7lynn
09-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Don't they have will call or ticketfast? With those two alternatives you wouldn't have to wait for the mail.

Carol-Lynn

Freypower
09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
No, we don't have those. I assume those are some sort of internet ticket which you can print yourself. It is ironic that my booking with British Airways is purely by internet and that I don't need a 'paper' ticket but I still do for concerts.

I think I will probably try and go to this.

Freypower
09-06-2010, 10:18 PM
CL was right. We DO have Ticket Fast :blueblob: and I have a piece of paper in front of me which, yet again, puts me in the front row directly in front of Glenn on November 30. I am amazed by this - not to mention I feel that I 'got lucky'. Now I can fly off to England tomorrow in the secure knowledge that I have three front rows and one second row. :partytime:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Way to go Julie!!! I'm very happy that you are going to get to go to so many shows.

Have a wonderful trip, and be safe. By the time you get back, hopefully, the time will go by quickly when you return.

sodascouts
09-06-2010, 11:05 PM
FIRST ROW!!!! Magnificent!!!!!

Koala
09-07-2010, 02:01 AM
How cool, front row!!:partytime:

It is so great that you can see so many shows, Im verry happy for you!

Brooke
09-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Fp, that is just amazing! I'm so :jealous:

Prettymaid
09-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Nice going FP! I know you're already gone on your trip, but I hope you have a wonderful time doing all the things you love, knowing that when you get back you have all those shows to look forward to!