PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis, 6-24-2010

Koala
06-25-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-36904-Little-Rock-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d25-Eagles-and-Dixie-Chicks-nest-in-Busch-Stadium-as-Red-Birds-visit-Blue-Jays (http://www.examiner.com/x-36904-Little-Rock-Headlines-Examiner%7Ey2010m6d25-Eagles-and-Dixie-Chicks-nest-in-Busch-Stadium-as-Red-Birds-visit-Blue-Jays)

Brooke
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey, I made it back!

I'm working on my review, but it's taking me so long! Just a tidbit, it was a great show. The guys were in fine form!

Here's a taste:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Eagles/St%20Louis%202010/IMG_0131.jpg

As you can see, I was way back! :-( More later!

Brooke
06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
A bit more:

Well, it was an awesome show! The guys looked and sounded great and seemed to be in great spirits.

My friend and I got in to St. Louis about 4 pm, parked across the street from Busch Stadium and went to get something to eat about 2 blocks away. It was a perfect evening for an outdoor concert. Beautiful blue sky with just a few puffy white clouds floating up high.

Before I left home I had gotten an email that the shows would be starting at 6:30 instead of 6, so we had plenty of time. We made our way in to the stadium and found our seats in the B section on the field. I was mildly disappointed, but could see the screens allright while seated. There were 5 A sections in front of 5 B sections, so there were tons of people in front of us.

Dixie Chicks

They finally came out at about 7:15. I don't know what happened, but I kind of think they were waiting for the sun to get down behind the stadium so it wouldn't be in their faces.

They sounded great and the sisters Martie and Emily looked beautiful. Natalie is a very pretty girl, but that hair is awful! I can't imagine what possessed her to cut it so short. Interesting that the sisters have formed a band without Natalie, because she sang lead on all the songs. I'm going to have to check that out. The crowd enjoyed it, but most stayed seated till the last song.

Eagles

The crowd thickened and I was pretty amazed at how full the stadium was getting as we waited for the main event. Looking around, there were people way up in the very highest seats! Now, if I have to sit up there at a concert, I'm staying home and watching on dvd! Finally, at about 8:45, the lights went down and the crowd roared as the guys took the stage.

I'm like, be quiet people, you're going to miss this song! Even though it was the shortened version, it was just gorgeous! Hearing Seven Bridges Road live, shortened version, was the highlight of the night for me since I'd not heard it live before. Maybe I did back in the '70's, but I don't remember that one! :wink: When everyone quieted down, I was in heaven!

The guys looked fantastic. I didn't get my purple shirt on Glenn, but the fushia one with the white t underneath and jeans looked wonderful anyway. Don had on his black & brown plaid one and jeans. Tim had on a short sleeved black button up shirt with jeans and Joe had on his black Ramones t and jeans. After a couple songs, he came back with a long black jacket on over it. I didn't quite get that, as it was pretty warm, but you know how they are!

Glenn didn't do any of his usual jokes, but did personalize it with a "Hello, St. Louis" and "it's great to be at Albert Pujols house and that they had drank more Budweiser than any other band in the past 35 years!" For anyone that doesn't know, Albert Pujols is the King of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team. The crowd loved those cracks!

I'd love to finish this, but I've got a busy day today, so I'm going to have to do more later. Sorry!

sodascouts
06-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Sorry you were so far back but it sounds like you had fun anyway. I'm glad you could hear SBR nice and clearly. It really is a highlight for us hardcores. Thanks for this bit - I'm looking forward to the rest!

tequila girl
06-25-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm looking forward to the rest!

Me too! :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
06-25-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm glad you could hear SBR nice and clearly. It really is a highlight for us hardcores.

Ain't that the truth!! It gave me goosebumps when I first heard/saw it performed live.

Brooke, glad you had a great time. We all knew you would. Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

Brooke
06-25-2010, 08:09 PM
A little more,

First of all, much to my despair, when everyone stood up for the opener I realized that I wasn't going to be able to see much. The video screens were down too low, about stage height only taller of course. I kept thinking during or after the DC played they would raise them, but it never happened. And if I stood on my tiptoes, I could barely see the guys on the stage! My friend was shorter than me, so she couldn't really see much either. And everyone on the ground stood for the whole show! This was one time I might have wished everyone would sit.......but not really. A nice man beside us told us we could move over on the other side of him since there was no one in the seat in front of him and we could see better. We tried that but we noticed that some people were standing in the aisle, so we decided to do that and move forward as far as we could. Security was letting people stand there as long as the aisle wasn't completely cut off. So, up we went to the first row in that section. That helped, but we could still barely see the band. So in that aspect, I was really disappointed. I won't go again without better tickets. I know I hate paying the prices they charge, but you might as well stay home and watch on tv if you have to watch the screen the whole time. If you can see it! For all the effort we put in to go, taking off work, driving for 2 1/2 hours through awful traffic, parking, eating, and then doing the drive home again, nope, I'll have a better seat next time. The people in the rafters probably could see better than we could. I know I was leary of going to a stadium show and now I know why. I also heard that they were selling tickets on the floor for $99 that day and I guess it worked because the place was really nearly full.

The show sounded great. The guys were really in a good mood and looked fantastic. They were all pretty much drenched in sweat by the time it was over, but a beautiful night. Before The Long Run, Don came on and mentioned that they had been together for 40 years next year and that it had been a long run! The crowd liked that.

I'm not going to go through each song, I can't really remember much other than they sounded wonderful and there's not really anything new to tell. The review that Koala posted has it pretty much right. And it was ok to just hear most of the classics along with How Long. But I would want to hear a complete LROOE set list next time. My friend wondered why they didn't do Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone. I told her I wondered the same thing.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Well Brooke - it sounds like you enjoyed yourself in spite of the fact that you weren't in preferred seating. Next time you'll do better, I'm sure. But it was fun reading your review anyway, and it seems like it was a pretty good show overall.

sodascouts
06-25-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry you couldn't see well - what a shame the screens were so low! But I'm so glad you made the best of it and enjoyed the experience anyway!

Prettymaid
06-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Live and learn, huh Brooke? The first time I saw them was Chicago 2008, Floor row 20. Although I didn't have anyone blocking my view, I felt the same as you. If I'm going to the trouble of going I want better seats! Next time (last time) we saw them was Indianapolis 2009, floor row 2. Ahhh, much better!

But, glad you got to go to the show and had a good time!

Koala
06-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Brooke, glad to hear you had a great time, thanks for your review! I'm sorry that your seats were so far back!

Koala
06-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Here ar some PHOTOS (http://stlouis.metromix.com/music/essay_photo_gallery/the-eagles-at-busch/2028253/photo/2028256) from the concert!

tequila girl
06-26-2010, 05:36 AM
Here ar some PHOTOS (http://stlouis.metromix.com/music/essay_photo_gallery/the-eagles-at-busch/2028253/photo/2028256) from the concert!

OMG Have you seen the intro for those photo's?

The Eagles

Credit:Todd Owyoung, Special to Metromix

Fans flocked to Busch Stadium (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/events/venue/busch-stadium-downtown/382757/content) to see Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner rock their socks off. The heat finally subsided, allowing both the fans and the musicians to enjoy the evening. Fans also got a chance to see The Dixie Chicks perform, which hasn't happened in St. Louis for quite some time. Check out all of the photos.:woah::woah:

I think Mr Owyoung needs a rocket up his *&$% :roll: :rofl:

Prettymaid
06-26-2010, 07:40 AM
What a stupid error! :doh:

carol7lynn
06-26-2010, 10:39 AM
To your credit, Brooke, at least you stayed.

Back in 2005 during the California Tour I was getting front row and second row tickets for all venues in and around LA with last minute ticket drops and charity auctions. I got very spoiled.

Any who how, I already had a ticket for Staples in the 10th row and scored what I thought was a second row ticket just before I was set to leave for the venue so I grabbed it. At the venue I gave my 10th row ticket away to a kid who was sitting in nose bleeds. I should have checked my "Will Call" ticket-drop seat first because in my haste I had gotten Staples' seating chart confused with the Honda Center. Turns out I was not in a prime seat on the floor at all but in the loge half way back on Joe's side. What?

Since I'm a big Timmy fan I was not pleased. Long story short I left half way through that concert as once you've been to the stage nothing else will do. I get it. I learned my lesson. If I don't get within the first five rows at any concert I don't bother. What's the sense?

Anyway, better luck next time and console yourself with the fact that you didn't give a better seat away. That was a very bitter pill to swallow.

Bernie and Randy-too funny. :hilarious:

Koala
06-26-2010, 10:57 AM

WOW, I have not noticed that! What a mistake!:hilarious:

TimothyBFan
06-26-2010, 11:13 AM
That just p*sses me off!! Are you kidding? What kind of moron makes a mistake like that? I hate stupid people!!

Ive always been a dreamer
06-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Oh don't be too upset, Willie. I think it's amazing that hell froze over again and we didn't even know it. Gosh - I never thought a reunion was possible. :lol:

carol7lynn
06-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh don't be too upset, Willie. I think it's amazing that hell froze over again and we didn't even know it. Gosh - I never thought a reunion was possible. :lol:

LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure Bernie and Randy made sure they got paid in cash just in case hell froze over again.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:fainting:

Glennhoney
06-26-2010, 06:09 PM
OMG..I laughed so hard when I read that !!!!....MORON is right!!!!:eyebrow:

Eve
06-26-2010, 08:32 PM

The Eagles

Credit:Todd Owyoung, Special to Metromix

Fans flocked to Busch Stadium (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/events/venue/busch-stadium-downtown/382757/content) to see Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner rock their socks off. The heat finally subsided, allowing both the fans and the musicians to enjoy the evening. Fans also got a chance to see The Dixie Chicks perform, which hasn't happened in St. Louis for quite some time. Check out all of the photos.:woah::woah:

I think Mr Owyoung needs a rocket up his *&$% :roll: :rofl:

That's beautiful!

luvthelighthouse
06-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Brooke, sorry to hear about the poor view. However, you were there to hear those sweet harmonies with your own ears live! I know we like to "see" the guys... but there is something to be said for having that live experience. I know you won't forget it! Hope awesome you got to hear 7BR live. While I have enjoyed the video's, I know it would much more special to hear it live.

Did you say sweating guys? Oh my (fan's self)... thanks for the visual! lol

Brooke
06-28-2010, 11:54 AM
ltlh, yep, by the time it was over they were all sweating! Course, even in an air-conditioned venue they are sweating!

Koala, thanks for those photos. They are much better than mine! I haven't even had time to really look at mine to see if they're any good. And this part was just ridiculous:

Fans flocked to Busch Stadium to see Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner rock their socks off.

:doh:

CL, man, I would have been bummed to think I'd given away a better seat ticket! I agree and have now learned my lesson on getting a good seat if you're going to go. Once you've had a primo seat, nothing else will do.

One thing to add: Glenn's cute little twisty dance during Tim's introduction of him is just darn cute! :nod: And even though I was watching from afar, and the screen at that, they are all, still, darn HS & G! :smitten:

Brooke
06-28-2010, 04:14 PM
This is one of my better picks from the show and it shows Joe With Coat (which wasn't needed btw)! He must need it for the circulation as was mentioned in another thread.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Eagles/St%20Louis%202010/IMG_0138.jpg

After viewing the rest of my photos, this is the only one that's really any good.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Eagles/St%20Louis%202010/IMG_0141.jpg

Three guesses which song!

Brooke
06-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Found this blog and there are a couple pics if you click on the link:
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2010/06/show_review_setlist_eagles_dixie_chicks_st_louis_j une_24_2010_busch_stadium_cardinals_photos_don_hen ley_joe_walsh.php

TimothyBFan
07-01-2010, 07:34 AM
​From basically any seat in the house, other than the first twenty rows of the center field "floor," it would be easy to feel disconnected from the performers and the magic you're certain is happening onstage. The crowd out where I was made the most of its surroundings: strangers shared seats, favorites and song-specific memories and dancing people became best buds with the row behind them, even if their shaking asses blocked the view of the tiny dotted figures under the lights. By the time the crowd swooned, swayed and wiped away tears during show-closer "Desperado," the music we love had simply become part of the night and its celebration.

l

Sounds like you weren't alone Brooke---most of the stadium must not have been able to see.

sodascouts
08-02-2010, 02:30 PM
This person filmed the screen and there are some GREAT close-ups of Joe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj8HK0KZZrM

Prettymaid
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks for that! Joe looks great, although at times it looks like he's trying to shake his hair out of his face. Timothy looks good in shirt sleeves, and I forgot how much I enjoy the Google Earth bit on that song!

Brooke
08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Cool! Thanks Soda!

Koala
08-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Great, thanks!:)