PDA

View Full Version : Dallas 6-26-2010

Koala
06-27-2010, 11:57 AM
http://musicblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/06/we-were-there-the-eagles-at-am.html

Ive always been a dreamer
06-27-2010, 01:55 PM
That's a nice review. Glad to see Joe and Tim have rejoined the band after St. Louis.

(Okay - for those that didn't the St. Louis thread, this is a joke. A reviewer in St. Louis posted on a website that the Eagles were Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Randy Meisner, and Bernie Leadon. :lol: )

luvthelighthouse
06-27-2010, 03:15 PM
All She Wants To Do Is Dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDEb6t3ULrU

There were a few other video's posted... but this song is rare...

Glennhoney
06-27-2010, 03:55 PM
...aaahhhh Glenn...I love to watch you dance..........:heart:

Prettymaid
06-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks LTL. This takes me back to the 2008 Chicago show. Nice angle too.

Super Frey
06-27-2010, 05:37 PM
I like to watch Glenn, dance too:partytime:

Wildthyme
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM

Yes because they so rarely perform it in their shows. They did it in Sacramento but not at any of the other five shows I went to last month.

luvthelighthouse
06-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Forget the "video"... listen to the lyrics for the "surprise" song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbO1a_Lj3rM

Freypower
06-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Yes, it is a surprise, but it is ANOTHER Henley lead. Please don't tell me that No More Cloudy Days has been dropped.

sodascouts
06-27-2010, 10:35 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!! Never thought they'd do that one again! Shoot, how awesome!!! I adore that song!

I'm so glad they're changing it up, even if it's just a little - although I sure hope they didn't drop a Glenn song to make room for it.

Oh my gosh, I hope they do it in Austin in October but since that is probably a shortened setlist I doubt it. You never know though! Here's hoping! :: crossing fingers ::

EagleLady
06-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Which is the surprise song anyway?

Wildthyme
06-28-2010, 04:07 AM
EL - It's Best of My Love...

Well I'll be... boy do I wish I could have been in Dallas. BOML AND ASWTDID... and it appears they didn't drop anything else? Wow.

I am with you Nancy... I have my fingers crossed for Austin too.

Glennsallnighter
06-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Lovely videos LTL. Thanks for posting them. And Its nice to see the boys putting a few surprises in as well, although I wouldn't like to see to many of Glenn :heart:'s leads being replaced.

Maybe they are starting to recognise the same fans at different gigs and so want put at least something different into each gig. That would be great because they have such a wealth of songs that they just don't get round to doing!

TimothyBFan
06-28-2010, 07:46 AM
OMG!!! My 2nd favorite Eagles song EVER!!! OK--ON the record---if they add that to the setlist--I will pay to see them again! There, I said it!! I wonder what possessed them to add that in.

Prettymaid
06-28-2010, 07:53 AM
OMG!!! My 2nd favorite Eagles song EVER!!! OK--ON the record---if they add that to the setlist--I will pay to see them again! There, I said it!! I wonder what possessed them to add that in.

Now TBF, don't crumble in a moment of weakness! :hilarious: JK!

To paraphrase Stevie Nicks in The Dance, Best Of My Love is a great old song.
I'd love to see them bring out even more oldies. Maybe they're thinking, since this could be their last hurrah, that they will pull some of those old ones off the shelf and dust them off.

TimothyBFan
06-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Now TBF, don't crumble in a moment of weakness! :hilarious: JK!

To paraphrase Stevie Nicks in The Dance, Best Of My Love is a great old song.
I'd love to see them bring out even more oldies. Maybe they're thinking, since this could be their last hurrah, that they will pull some of those old ones off the shelf and dust them off.

I know, I know---I lost my head for a minute from the excitement of hearing it again live!

And I want all of you to QUIT talking like that!!!! They will still be doing this at the age of 87!!

luvthelighthouse
06-28-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm with you TBF. We've been fearing since 2008 that we may not see them again... yet two years later, their still at it. I thought in 2008 that may be the last time they'd be in Chicago... yet they've been back twice!

I'm no longer living in fear I won't see them again. Even if they "break" for a while, I have faith they will be at this for a bit longer.

As for BOML... if they went through the trouble of dusting it off, it will surely be in some upcoming shows. Otherwise, why bother practicing it?

Brooke
06-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Wow, BOML! That would be very cool to hear again! That was a pretty cool video to get so many clips of so many songs on it. That would be great to have!

Willie, OMG! If you can cave in and buy tickets, I have little speculation that that could cause a massive earthquake world wide! :lol: Just kidding of course!

This just sets it in stone for me. If they ever come back to Missouri I want to hear the whole LROOE tour plus any oldies they want to dust off. Enough stadium shows and shortened set lists. Even if they're 87! And I'll be buying a good ticket! There. I said it! lol

sodascouts
06-29-2010, 12:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDEb6t3ULrU

Just got a chance to watch this and all I gotta say is - YOU GO GLENN! Get down and get FUNK-AY!

Glenn Frey going to town on the boogie moves = concert win!

Freypower
06-29-2010, 01:18 AM
er..... if they do that at Acer I will be on that side of the stage.... 6 years ago I could barely see that.... :drool:

Prettymaid
06-29-2010, 07:04 AM
Now FP, don't be having any thoughts of jumping up on stage and dancing with Glenn. That's a good way to get you thrown out! However, it might be worth it...

Maidstone
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Just wanted to say I couldn't believe the fanatic response to the Don Henley introduction. I swear I thought the clapping, standing o's and howling went on for a good 5 minutes. It made me a little "ferklempt". I believe Henley was a little taken aback. Finally Glenn came up to the mic and said "okay, okay" kinda let's move on thing. But in a joking way.

There's always that one trollop on the front row with her twins hanging out and hair all a kimbo trying to get the guys attention. :roll:
She was in front of Joe. Maybe that's why he DIDN'T take off his jacket in Dallas. lol

Gotta tell ya - this was the best concert vacation ever. Seats were great for Big D and Houston. The band was on fire both nights. And they played two wonderful surprise songs - BOML and ASWTDIS. Three encores.

They can't take a hiatus now...I'm just getting my mojo on!

Maid

sodascouts
06-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Sounds fabulous! Sure wish I could've been there!

Prettymaid
06-29-2010, 12:30 PM
There's always that one trollop on the front row with her twins hanging out and hair all a kimbo trying to get the guys attention. :roll:
She was in front of Joe. Maybe that's why he DIDN'T take off his jacket in Dallas. lol
Maid

This cracked me up! And that's why it was a long coat, right? :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
06-29-2010, 12:49 PM
PM, you are so filthy! Each day, you get a little dirtier! (i love it!) :thumbsup:

Yes, the twin hanging out cracked me up too. I guess, if you are going to be in the front row and need some lovin', I can see why you might want to display your goods! :nahnah:

Brooke
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Sounds like you had a fabulous time Ms! And I'm glad the guys were in such good moods for you. They were like that in St. Louis, too. :thumbsup:

StephUK
07-03-2010, 12:42 PM
When the Dallas show was first announced I thought about going, but ruled it out as being 'too expensive to fly to the US just for the one show'. Then when the Houston show was announced I thought about it again, and I tried to convince myslef I shouldn't go as I'd been over to LA & Las Vegas only a few weeks back in April.
The problem was this little voice in my head just wouldn't be quiet - it kept saying 'you should go to Dallas & Houston; the tour's nearly over; it's probably your last chance to see the Eagles; how will you feel if you don't go?'
I was convinced. I had to go!

I arrived in Dallas on Friday evening. My hotel was opposite the American Airlines Center. Got up late on Saturday as I was tired from my early start the previous day & from flying & the time change.

The show was excellent. The Eagles seemed to be in a good mood, Glenn & Joe did some dancing around on some songs.
It was great to hear 'Best of my Love'. It sounded superb & went down well with audience. :thumbsup:
Pleased that they did ASWTDID too.:yay:
Their voices sounded fine to me.
Will was lovely.:bow:
The audience was quite enthusiastic; my seat was in block 120, side seat on Timothy's side. We stood up for some of the songs.

After the show(which as usual was over too quickly) I walked back to my hotel, chatting to some people who were going over to the bar there. Went for a drink in the hotel bar & got talking to a few other people who'd been to the show. Stayed chatting until about 2.15am then I decided I must go to bed as I had to get up early the next day to get my flight to Houston.
Enjoyed myself very much in Dallas, thanks to a great show & friendly Eagles fans.:smile:
Here are a few photo's, click on the link for the rest.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Dallas%2026%20June/Eagles2010Dallas344P.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Dallas%2026%20June/Will2010Dallas314.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Dallas%2026%20June/Eagles2010Dallas172P.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Dallas%2026%20June/Eagles2010Dallas168P.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Dallas%2026%20June/Eagles2010Dallas8P.jpg

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Dallas%2026%20June/?start=all

p.s. My Houston show photos are better as I had a floor seat, row 7.
Will post them soon.

tequila girl
07-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Fabulous Steph - did you go by yourself? I don't think i'd have the courage to do that. Where are you in England? if i'd known you were going I just might have gone with you!

GlennLover
07-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks, Steph! Those were great!!! Glad you got to go to 2 more shows.

StephUK
07-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Fabulous Steph - did you go by yourself? I don't think i'd have the courage to do that. Where are you in England? if i'd known you were going I just might have gone with you!

I went to Dallas by myself, then I went to Houston & met up with my friend & we went to the Houston show together(with her family also).

I live in Dorset, and fly from Bristol Airport.

tequila girl
07-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I went to Dallas by myself, then I went to Houston & met up with my friend & we went to the Houston show together(with her family also).

I live in Dorset, and fly from Bristol Airport.

Ah, Thanks for the reply - I hope you don't think I was being too nosey ;)

sodascouts
07-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Fabulous Steph! Hey, if you have the means and the opportunity, why not go?

Thanks for the write-up and photos... I'm eager to see Houston as well!

Koala
07-04-2010, 02:04 AM
Thanks, Steph! great review, great pics!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Steph - kudos to you for making the trip and, once again, thanks for sharing your experiences and awesome photos with us. Too bad Will didn't stop in the bar after the show. I would love to know what you what have done if he had come in though. :lol: :shock:

StephUK
07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Steph - kudos to you for making the trip and, once again, thanks for sharing your experiences and awesome photos with us. Too bad Will didn't stop in the bar after the show. I would love to know what you what have done if he had come in though. :lol: :shock:

Given him a hug:hug:......kissed his gifted keyboard-playing hands.......or possibly fainted at his feet:thud:

:lol::lol::lol:

TimothyBFan
07-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Wonderful Steph!! Sounds like you had a wonderful night. Can't wait to read and see the pics from Houston.

Maidstone
07-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Steph - Those are GREAT photos! :thumbsup:

Glad you could come to Tejas and enjoy the Eagles with us. Please post your Houston photos!!

Adios,
Maid