http://blogs.chron.com/peep/2010/06/eagles_give_fans_a_peaceful_ea_1.html#more

sodascouts
06-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Thanks Koala!

Yay - NMCD has NOT been dropped! Woot!

Freypower
06-28-2010, 03:16 AM
To which I can only add 'hear, hear'!

I saw NMCD once, on opening night in Melbourne. I never forgot it. I have been waiting nearly six years to see/hear it again.

Houston sounds like a good show. So BOML was in addition to NMCD? Well then, all is forgiven (although as I said elsewhere this is yet another Henley lead - why not restore Tequila Sunrise too)?

I like the 'cheery, chatty' comments though.

Wildthyme
06-28-2010, 04:15 AM
No mention of Love Will Keep Us Alive? Perhaps that is what got dropped?

TimothyBFan
06-28-2010, 08:11 AM
No mention of Love Will Keep Us Alive? Perhaps that is what got dropped?

I was thinking the same thing but hoping it was just an omission on the reviewer's part. :-(

Prettymaid
06-28-2010, 08:17 AM
We need a setlist.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-28-2010, 09:13 AM
In that video clip posted in the Dallas thread, Love Will Keep Us Alive was in the set list, so, hopefully, the same is true for Houston.

Maidstone
06-28-2010, 11:56 AM
It was (I believe) the same set list last night in Houston as it was in Dallas. Went both nights and it was wonderful. Great seeing Don in his "hometown" of Dallas.

Last night I somehow found myself on the 3rd row. The security people just sorta let people waltz up to the front for the last couple of songs. I wished I had gone up there even earlier!!

My photos are pretty crappy due to my crappy camera and my hands shakey shakey.

But I'm a little pissed.... I just sent around some of the pix to a couple of guys I work with and they started being a little rude about it. "Oh - could you smell the OLD from where you were?" "That's kinda sick to like some 60 year olds." Um...I'm 40-ish. It's not sick. It's reality

"Eagles - are they still around?"

F u idiots. Last time I share something personal with them.

Otherwise a great wkd and well worth all of the travel/money I spent.
Maid

sodascouts
06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the info. Nice to hear at least one Beaumont girl represented. ;) Glad you had a good time - 3rd row - wow!

And those guys you sent the photos to are tres lame. :rolleyes:

Koala
06-28-2010, 12:26 PM
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2010/06/last_night_the_eagles_at_toyot.php?page=1

TimothyBFan
06-28-2010, 12:51 PM
But I'm a little pissed.... I just sent around some of the pix to a couple of guys I work with and they started being a little rude about it. "Oh - could you smell the OLD from where you were?" "That's kinda sick to like some 60 year olds." Um...I'm 40-ish. It's not sick. It's reality

Well you rest assured Maid, that if you share them with us you won't be getting that reaction!!!

and can tout the membership of Timothy J. Schmit, who has arguably been one of rock's most valuable bassists in rock for the past 40 years.

:thumbsup::hug::iloveyou::blueblob::yay: and furthermore :bow:. Tho unfortunately he used the wrong middle initial! :hilarious:

tequila girl
06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Tho unfortunately he used the wrong middle initial! :hilarious:
What is it with these people? :brickwall::scowl: :mad:

sodascouts
06-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Ah well. With such nice words for Timothy, I guess I can overlook it!

AzEaglesFan
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
:partytime:They sang Best if My Love, that was worth the price of the ticket alone. We had a ball but I'm still in Tx and trying to type on my lap top and it keeps going dead on me. I'll try to type a little at a time and maybe it will work ok.:thumbsup:

AzEaglesFan
06-28-2010, 01:37 PM
The "guys " seems happy and in a playfull mood, A LOT for joking and playing around on stage. At one time Joe and Steuart (I think I misspelled his name) were doing a boogie on stage and really having fun. Don and Glenn would move near each other and get to talking and laughing. Timothy was all over and at one time took over Joe's place. Glenn was really cutting a rug during All She Wants to do is Dance. Joe did something during The Long Run and had Don laughing so hard he could hardly sing.

06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh wow, AZ and Maid - I'm officially :jealous:. Since it seems they shook things up a teeny bit, did you all happen to get the set list? Or more importantly, since they added Best of My Love and brought back ASWTDID, did they drop anything?

sodascouts
06-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm curious about that too! And so glad they were in a good mood, AEF!

tequila girl
06-28-2010, 06:33 PM
The "guys " seems happy and in a playfull mood, A LOT for joking and playing around on stage. At one time Joe and Steuart (I think I misspelled his name) were doing a boogie on stage and really having fun. Don and Glenn would move near each other and get to talking and laughing. Timothy was all over and at one time took over Joe's place. Glenn was really cutting a rug during All She Wants to do is Dance. Joe did something during The Long Run and had Don laughing so hard he could hardly sing.
I'd loved to have seen that! :hilarious:

AzEaglesFan
06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
If they dropped anything I didn't notice. They played to so songs that I lost count. When I get back home I will try to remember it all. I can't think anything they missed, Timothy sang his three songs. Joe did all of his that I can remember him doing. I can't think of any songs that Glenn sings that they didn't do. He did leave out the credit card and plaintiff jokes. He did say about Lyin Eyes that it took them 2 day to write the song, if they tried to write it today it would take them 2 years. I had never heard that. Don was real chatty and said they had been together 40 years and then got a real funny look on his face and said 40 years again. He said they wrote Best of My Love in 1974 and looked at the crowd and said do any of you remember 1974 and the whole place roared.

Prettymaid
06-28-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm sure Don spoke more than usual because it was Texas. Maybe that's why he did BOML. Maybe if you're an Eagle and you're in your home state you get to do more.

AzEaglesFan
06-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Timothy said "I get to say "Hello' to Houston for the 4th time, I didn't remember them playing there that many times. Glenn did his Detroit joke and when it didn't get a big response, he made a motion like it went over everyone's head. I didn't get it the first few times either. But he laughed it off and went on.

Freypower
06-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm sure Don spoke more than usual because it was Texas. Maybe that's why he did BOML. Maybe if you're an Eagle and you're in your home state you get to do more.

Tell that to Michigan.

Thanks for the reviews.

Maidstone
06-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Timothy said "I get to say "Hello' to Houston for the 4th time, I didn't remember them playing there that many times. Glenn did his Detroit joke and when it didn't get a big response, he made a motion like it went over everyone's head. I didn't get it the first few times either. But he laughed it off and went on.

They played Houston in 2008 - One date in September and then were going to play the next night............. and Hurricane Ike (Eeeeek) hit us. So that show was postponed until November.

I don't know what the 4th date was in Hotstown.

They were very loose and "alive" here in Houston. Just joking and talking a lot to each other on stage. Joe had his jacket on for the first song and then whipped it off. In Dallas he had that jacket on throughout the entire show I believe. Nice arms on him.

At the final goodbyes they were very warm and appreciative of the audience and really did heartfelt "Thank you's". It was really nice to see that.
Maid

Koala
06-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Desperado great quality! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKqhexUHj3o

sodascouts
06-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Well, that's from a different perspective than we usually get! I like it, especially since you get a good view of Tim and Glenn waiting in the shadows to come out when Don gets to the end (although it reminds how much better I liked the HFO version where they all contributed visibly throughout). Nice quality!

Prettymaid
06-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Thank you Koala for finding that! Great view, but as Soda said, kind of makes you wish for an ending that doesn't look so much like 'Don Henley and his backup band".
It was also a great view of the goodbyes, all the way to them walking down the stairs off the stage!

TimothyBFan
06-30-2010, 08:45 AM
"Ok, now Glenn, Joe and What's Your Name, step back into the shadows so Mr. Henley can get ready for the big finish, and hold that really long note." :hilarious:

Actually, I don't think I've ever paid much attention to that before but this video really makes it look very obvious doesn't it?

I've always loved the way What's His Name waves so big for the whole crowd and is still waving even after he's come down off the steps. He loves his fans!! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-30-2010, 09:30 AM
We know his name Willie! :inlove:

sodascouts
06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
That's right, I love Jim Shmidt!

Prettymaid
06-30-2010, 07:48 PM

:steviesmack: ;)

nnhgirl
06-30-2010, 10:19 PM
The coolest thing about What's-His-Name is he clearly doesn't take any of this stuff for granted. And I'd like to think the others don't either. Not any more, at least. Egos aside, they are all lucky to be where they are, and I want very much to believe they realize it and are grateful.

TimothyBFan
07-01-2010, 07:31 AM

:hilarious:

nnhgirl--I'd like to think so also but I doubt it. JMO tho.

Freypower
07-01-2010, 06:04 PM
"Ok, now Glenn, Joe and What's Your Name, step back into the shadows so Mr. Henley can get ready for the big finish, and hold that really long note." :hilarious:

Actually, I don't think I've ever paid much attention to that before but this video really makes it look very obvious doesn't it?

I've always loved the way What's His Name waves so big for the whole crowd and is still waving even after he's come down off the steps. He loves his fans!! :thumbsup:

I don't want to upset anyone but as with The Long Run the 'backing band' thing is overwhelming during this song. Henley already sings the majority of the songs. Why does it have to be overemphasised in this way? When I first saw the band and he played drums on it while Glenn played piano it made sense. It was the EAGLES playing it.

Anyway to me Take It Easy is just as deserving of a 'big finish' and it is not even the second last song. The band have TWO lead singers, not one, 'chief vocalist' or not.

StephUK
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
So where was I? Oh Yes, I left Dallas on Sunday morning to fly to Houston(so sleepy I'm amazed I got on the right plane!)
My friend met me at the airport & we went to her house for the afternoon.
My friends' family went to the show tonight too, so there were 5 of us. They had side seats on Timothy's side & I had a Floor seat, row 7 on Joe(and Will's) side.

Seven Bridges Road just sounds so amazing live - what a way to start the evening.

Loved Joe's T-shirt....and his hair looked great. Joe is looking SO good these days. Getting married again obviously suits him!:nod:

Timothy looked good, as usual. Glenn had interesting shoes & Don had those sexy jeans on again(he wears jeans very well):thumbsup:

Scott never seems to stop smiling:grin: - he's got to get the award for 'most cheerful band member'. In contrast, Will hardly ever smiles,:-( except when he's introduced by Glenn.
Ah, Will..........what can I say;:heart::heart::heart: he may not smile too often, but he's still beautiful.:inlove: He's looking a little chubby(or as I would say 'Cuddly') but who cares - he'll always be my darling Will & as long as he keeps playing wonderful keyboards I'll always love him to bits (Yup, even when he gets old, grey-haired or weighs 20 stone).

Don't think they dropped any songs, although they added Best of My Love, as they did in Dallas. They did LWKUA, and we had the 2 encores again, including ASWTDID. Glenn did some cute dancing to that as usual.

WITW is one of my all-time favourites, and sounds great live. When Will plays his piano solo at the end, that's heaven on earth for me.:bow:

A little grumble...........why do people have to scream/shout & whistle during LROOE? can't they just be quiet & listen for a few minutes?:shh: It spoils the atmosphere. Does anyone else find that annoying?

The Houston crowd seemed up for having a good time. It was a free for all with photos - security didn't stop people from walking to the front to take photos, nor did they stop people dancing in the aisles. Seems even security were in a good mood!:thumbsup:

All too soon they played LITFL, so the dream is nearly over. Still, they did the 2 encores, with ASWTDID getting the crowd on it's feet.
At the end of the 1st encore I telepathically sent my love to Will & said goodbye, as the band always disappear quickly at the end of the 2nd encore so that the Eagles can take centre stage for the applause.

I still name Take it Easy as one of my favourite Eagles songs & I love to hear it - except it's the last one before Desperado, so I'm a bit sad by then.

Monday morning - back onto a plane home. Certainly was a whirlwind weekend.

In summary, Dallas & Houston June 2010 - two great shows & I'm so glad I decided to make the trip.

:heart:EAGLES - YOU HAVE THE BEST OF MY LOVE

Some of my favourite photos from the show are below. Follow this link for another 50 or so:-

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/?start=all

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Eagles2010Houston110P.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Eagles2010Houston191P.jpg

Not a very clear photo, but what a butt shot!!!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Eagles2010Houston251P.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Eagles2010Houston259P.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Eagles2010Houston299P.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Will2010Houston27P.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Will2010Houston55P.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Eagles2010Houston391P.jpg

luvthelighthouse
07-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself Steph. I know what you mean about LROOE... but I also don't think many people know the song, so they don't know what it's about. Just that it sounds good.

I don't if it's just me...but Joe has really been looking extra special yummy lately. He seems back in his comfort zone. Maybe it's because he shed the serious suit.

Yes, your Will sure is a cutie!

AzEaglesFan
07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Well I made it back to Az today much to my Dear Hubby's delight. Twelve days alone is not his idea of fun.
My son and I went to Houston and was surprised to hear the opening band say that Joe Walsh played on their new CD and then added and here is Joe Walsh.

AzEaglesFan
07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
During the song The Long Run , Don usualy goes over and put his arm around Joe. He started to do that and Joe was playing a new guitar and all I could see was something gold on it. But Joe either said something to Don or there was something about the guitar but poor Don started laughing and it took him about two lines of the song to stop. So the boys were having fun.

AzEaglesFan
07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I let my son take the pictures because he had a better view.

AzEaglesFan
07-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I wish I could get more than one picture at a time. Sorry.

AzEaglesFan
07-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Frank tried to get a picture of Glenn dancing but took this instead but Steph "Will" like it.

Koala
07-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Steph, thanks for your review and your fantastic photos!:thumbsup:

AZ, like your photos too!:thumbsup:

Koala
07-07-2010, 01:18 AM
A part of BEST OF MY LOVE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-npPFz8YNU

TimothyBFan
07-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Wonderful pictures again Steph & AZ--Thanks for sharing!!

StephUK
07-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Love it! Thanks AzEaglesFan

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/Eagles2010Houston1.jpg

sooner
07-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Great concert!!! Here are a couple of my videos:

Walk Away
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/swguthrie/Videos/wa.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/swguthrie/Videos/?action=view&current=walk-away.mp4)

Funk #49
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/swguthrie/Videos/f49.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/swguthrie/Videos/?action=view&current=Funk49_NEW.mp4)

Hopefully they'll last a little longer on Photobucket than they did on YouTube...

Prettymaid
07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Sounds like the guys were really having fun at this one! Steph, so glad you got to come back to the states to see them. Thanks for the wonderful review and photos.

AZ, we'll take your pics any way we can get them. Good job! I would have loved to been there when Don lost it! :hilarious:

Sooner, thanks for the videos. So far I've watched Walk Away (my favorite Joe song). Can't wait to see the rest of them!

Maidstone
07-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Great photos again, Steph! (I have *GOT* to get a better camera. Or a steadier hand)

Glad you enjoy your trip. I've made several trips to London and various cities in England for concerts - a "concertcation" is one of my Favorite vacations!!

xoxo,
Maid

AzEaglesFan
07-07-2010, 03:15 PM
They wouldn't let anyone near the ft of the building when we first got there and then this limo showed up. We just knew we were going to see one of the Eagles get out, but no such luck

AzEaglesFan
07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Some of the pictures are real bad because my camera battery was going out. This picture must have been at the beginning of the show because Joe didn't keep this jacket on for more than a couple of songs.

AzEaglesFan
07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Some more good or bad???

Brooke
07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
AZ, sooner, and Steph, thanks for everything! Sounds and looks like a wonderful time for all of you.

Has anyone noticed Joe's glittery jacket in these photos? I tried to save one of Steph's, but didn't get it done! I know, I'm a clutz with this stuff. Anyway, Joe's all glammed up here and Glenn has on his plaid. We're all loving the no suits look, but Joe didn't get the memo! And I'm not complaining cause Joe looks fabulous, but ..........anyone know where I'm going with this? :shrug: His look just doesn't fit the others! And they look good, too!

I'm confused!

EagleLady
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Joe looks fine imo

StephUK
07-07-2010, 05:59 PM
AZ, sooner, and Steph, thanks for everything! Sounds and looks like a wonderful time for all of you.

Has anyone noticed Joe's glittery jacket in these photos? I tried to save one of Steph's, but didn't get it done! I know, I'm a clutz with this stuff. Anyway, Joe's all glammed up here and Glenn has on his plaid. We're all loving the no suits look, but Joe didn't get the memo! And I'm not complaining cause Joe looks fabulous, but ..........anyone know where I'm going with this? :shrug: His look just doesn't fit the others! And they look good, too!

I'm confused!

Joe's glittery jacket(matches the glittery t-shirt!)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20LROOE%202010/Eagles%20Houston%2027%20June/Eagles2010Houston17P.jpg

Brooke
07-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Joe looks fine imo

EL, I said he looked fabulous. Is that a lot different from "fine"? Imo, that's even better!

Steph, thanks for posting that pic.

EagleLady
07-07-2010, 06:37 PM
sorry for giving my opinion. :brickwall:

07-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Great pics and reviews Steph and Shirley. Sound like Houston was a great show. :thumbsup:

sooner
07-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Sooner, thanks for the videos. So far I've watched Walk Away (my favorite Joe song). Can't wait to see the rest of them!
All of the Joe songs are my favorites... :) I think this was the last song of the first encore:

Rocky Mountain Way
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/swguthrie/Videos/rmw.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/swguthrie/Videos/?action=view&current=rocky-mountain-way.mp4)

Troubadour
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Fantastic pictures, thank you so much! I'm thrilled you had a great time, Steph and AZ.

sooner
07-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Take it Easy:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/swguthrie/Videos/tie.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/swguthrie/Videos/?action=view&current=take-it-easy_NEW.mp4)

Koala
07-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks great video!:thumbsup:

GlennLover
07-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks, Sooner. I really enjoyed that!!!

Prettymaid
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM

I'm confused!

Brooke, I've ben saying for quite awhile now that Joe is the 'snazziest' dresser onstage these days - who would've ever thought? :lol: I'm assuming that they are all dressing the way they want to now, and Joe has chosen to go with the suit jacket-over-t-shirt look. Is Marjorie an influence? Who knows. But my guess is that she is. :nod: I think it's great that they're showing their own style in the way they dress now. And I also think they all look fantastic.

sooner
07-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Brooke, I've ben saying for quite awhile now that Joe is the 'snazziest' dresser onstage these days - who would've ever thought? :lol:

Joe's one of the 'snazziest' dressers when they wear suits too: :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3wMHh1lDPg

Freypower
07-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I wish Glenn would return to the jacket over shirt look. I prefer that to all the open shirts. I have been lucky enough to see both looks.

StephUK
07-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Also I wish the band would get rid of the black suit jackets & shirts & wear more casual & individual tops now they are wearing jeans. Come on guys....get 'em off!!

StephUK
07-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Anyone for a little more Will & Scott? Photos from Houston & Dallas.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Will2010Dallas160.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Eagles2010Houston303ScottMike.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Will2010Dallas159.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Eagles2010Dallas231Scott.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Will2010Houston365.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Eagles2010Dallas316Scott.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Will2010Houston198.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Eagles2010Dallas298Scott.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/musicians/Will2010Houston100.jpg

Wildthyme
07-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Also I wish the band would get rid of the black suit jackets & shirts & wear more casual & individual tops now they are wearing jeans. Come on guys....get 'em off!!

I think the idea behind this is that the band members blend into the background while Glenn, Joe, Timothy, and Don stand out. I can't really see them changing that plan, at least on the regular tour.

StephUK
07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I know what you mean Wildthyme.
Though on Farewell 1 the band wore different shirts - they were usually fairly dark, but sometimes with patterns or they wore dark t-shirts.
I just think with them all identical in the jackets & plain black shirts they remind me of undertakers!
Still, at least they are in jeans so I'll settle for that.:thumbsup:

Super Frey
07-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Love those! :heart: :applause::applause::applause: