PDA

View Full Version : Piedmont Park ?????????

MikeA
07-23-2010, 12:12 PM
We can’t say, but fans of this Baby Boomer-friendly band should have a peaceful, easy feeling about the selection.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-music-scene/2010/07/22/what-is-piedmont-park-conservancys-latest-big-fundraising-concert-draw/?cxntlid=thbz_hm

Keeping in mind the restriction on copying complete articles. But this pertains to the:

Piedmont Park Conservancy’s latest big fundraising concert draw?

Oh, and do read the comments....but take Valium first!

Eve
07-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Hilarious comments!

Freypower
07-23-2010, 06:35 PM
One comment referred to 'multiple' cancellations. How many shows did they actually cancel? I thought it was two, in Pennsylvania. Other shows were rescheduled. People should check their facts.

sodascouts
07-23-2010, 07:45 PM
It would definitely be cool for the guys to hit Atlanta!

I wonder if this type of venue will become more common for them since it usually features shorter shows?

Prettymaid
07-23-2010, 09:38 PM
I think it sounds great! Concerning the comments - I think we Eagle fans are used to that by now. :wink:

sodascouts
07-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Yep. There's never a shortage of haters, sadly!

nnhgirl
07-23-2010, 10:58 PM
I am hopeful it will not be a shortened show. (Paul McCartney last year was the full monty.) At least this time they are playing in the heart of the city instead of Verizon Amphitheatre out in suburbia, which is where the tour in support of LROOE kicked off (and which is a total cluster to get in and out of). Granted, that's where the bulk the fan base lives, but those of us who live in town will be grateful not to have to venture OTP ("Outside the Perimeter," I-285).

Plus, equally selfishly, this saves me a 6.5 hour drive to Louisville on the 16th.

Prettymaid
07-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Good for you NNHG! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-24-2010, 12:32 PM
That would be terrific if it were the full show - and of course, nnhgirl, you would be contractually obligated to tell us all about it. ;)

Prettymaid
07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
That would be terrific if it were the full show - and of course, nnhgirl, you would be contractually obligated to tell us all about it. ;)

Lol! Where's the fine print? http://bestsmileys.com/eyes/4.gif

Ive always been a dreamer
07-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Hmmm - nnhgirl. How's the weather in Atlanta in October? :wink: I've been wanting to come back down there for a visit for a while now. Sounds very intriging, indeed. :thumbsup:

nnhgirl
07-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Soda and PM, there is no reason to obligate me contractually concerning a voluntary undertaking. ;-)

Dreamer, the weather in Atlanta in October could be glorious -- sunny, cool ("cool" in Atlanta means anything below 80F/25C) and crisp. Or it could be cold, rainy and damp. Something tells me you're not going to let a little thing like weather deter you, so grab your concert blanket and come on down!

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2010, 05:54 PM
One comment referred to 'multiple' cancellations. How many shows did they actually cancel? I thought it was two, in Pennsylvania. Other shows were rescheduled. People should check their facts.

They also cancelled Galway last year but I think that was more to do with the Irish economic climate than a lack of interest in seeing the Band.

07-28-2010, 09:45 PM
FP - As far as I can remember, they cancelled 3 shows from the summer tour - D.C. and the 2 PA. shows. All of these were the joint shows with the Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban. Those shows just didn't have the appeal that they hoped it would I guess. I could be wrong, but I can't think of any shows with just the Eagles that were cancelled here in the states this year. (I'm not counting the ones due to Tim's illness because they were all rescheduled.)

Soda and PM, there is no reason to obligate me contractually concerning a voluntary undertaking. ;-)

Dreamer, the weather in Atlanta in October could be glorious -- sunny, cool ("cool" in Atlanta means anything below 80F/25C) and crisp. Or it could be cold, rainy and damp. Something tells me you're not going to let a little thing like weather deter you, so grab your concert blanket and come on down!

Hmmm - nnhgirl - this sounds very tempting. I'm going to definitely have to give this some thought! :thumbsup:

DonFan
07-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Dreamer--I just got confirmation that the Eagles will be at Peidmont Park on Oct 15. Tickets go on sale July 31 and I have the code. That is two weeks before my birthday--that is the best birthday gift I can imagine. I am so THERE! We need to plan a Border Party that night!

sodascouts
07-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Excellent! I'll move this to "Pre-Concert Anticipation" and announce it on EOC.

sodascouts
07-29-2010, 06:39 PM
BTW love the color version of new photo they're using on the Piedmont Park site (http://www.piedmontpark.org/)!

Peekaboo
07-29-2010, 07:09 PM
And I thought that pic was AMAZING in black and white!! It's even better in color!! Now if only we could get those life size cardboard cutouts of the guys using these pics.

Prettymaid
07-29-2010, 07:13 PM
These guys are in their sixties? Unbelievable!

carol7lynn
07-29-2010, 07:50 PM
FYI-The event is GA (already listed on TM) but they will have VIP seating. Don't have the details on that yet. Presale starts this Saturday and runs through Aug. 6th. General Sale starts Aug. 7th.

Ticket prices range from $55-$250. To get a presale code (They are user specific and you are asked not to share it.) or advanced info on PPC' VIP experience with best of house seating, you have to sign up for their eNews service and check the box by "The Green Concert. Here is the link:

http://www.piedmontpark.org/announce/eNewsSignupET.html

Carol-Lynn:partytime:
SoCalGal

DonFan
07-29-2010, 09:08 PM
BTW love the color version of new photo they're using on the Piedmont Park site (http://www.piedmontpark.org/)!

Yes, it is a great picture, isn't it?

07-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Dreamer--I just got confirmation that the Eagles will be at Peidmont Park on Oct 15. Tickets go on sale July 31 and I have the code. That is two weeks before my birthday--that is the best birthday gift I can imagine. I am so THERE! We need to plan a Border Party that night!

Yep - I'm definitely going to seriously consider going to this since I don't think the guys are going to be doing too many shows in the fall, and I missed the West Coast tour earlier this year. Does sound like this could be the makings of another Border party. Uh Soda ... isn't Memphis pretty close to Atlanta??? :partytime:

And BTW - that picture is freaking gorgeous of all four of them!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Brooke
07-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Hope you all get to go! Amazing picture! :nod:

Welcome back DF! We've missed ya!

DonFan
07-31-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks, Brooke. I've missed y'all, too!

carol7lynn
07-31-2010, 08:14 AM
FYI: The Eagles' website said that the VIP tixs will be $250 and that entitles you to up-front VIP seating and a special VIP tent. You best call the conservatory though and find out just where the VIP seating will be this year as the pix they sent me from a previous show and the seating chart on TM indicate both show that VIP seating is way off-side to the left of the stage. BKT: The conservatory said in a previous e-mail that they were re-vamping the VIP experience and the Eagles web-site said the VIP seats were up-front. If I were going I'd call the conservatory first and find out what up.

Good luck DF today. I'm holding out for more west coast dates (thinking Bakersfield, Santa B or maybe L.A.) or Oakland which ever pans out.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

DonFan
07-31-2010, 11:50 AM
I called my friend Lynda and she & I are set to go--we purchased two VIP tickets this morning! Yay!

Prettymaid
07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
That was fast DF - way to go!

Brooke
07-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Wow! Good for you!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Excellent!

07-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Wonderful, DF. I haven't fully made up my mind yet about whether or not I'm coming to this one especially now that the guys seem to be booking some other dates. I'm going to wait a bit to see what happens.

TimothyBFan
08-02-2010, 07:51 AM
OH Right DF!!!

Welcome back BTW!!!

nnhgirl
08-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Congrats to all who have already purchased pre-sale tickets, VIP or GA, whatever your pleasure. So far I have five local friends who have expressed an interest in going, so I have six GA tickets in pocket. Hope more Borderers will decide to join us and visit Atlanta for the show.

I want to seek some opinions. Since this is not just another tour stop, but rather a special show to benefit the Piedmont Park Conservancy, Atlanta's great intown park, do you think there is any chance that the guys might consider adding a song to their set list just for Atlanta? If so, what would y'all want that song to be? And if we reached a consensus here on the Border and then lobbied really, really hard, do we stand a snowball's chance in hell freezes over that they would honor our request? For example, if I had my druthers, I would vote for them to do "Victim of Love." A buddy of mine would want to hear "Already Gone." What are your preferences? And what ideas do you have for communicating our request to the powers that be?

Freypower
08-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Unfortunately the show will probably be shorter, not longer (I know you said you hoped it would not be shorter), and songs are invariably dropped, not added (the recent addition of Best Of My Love notwithstanding). How we would communicate our request, I have no idea.

However I will go along with the suggestion. It would come as no surprise to anyone that if they were to add an old song I would add New Kid In Town or if not, then I would restore Somebody.

Either way if this was to happen in my opinion the song really has to be one of Glenn's. Call me biased or with an axe to grind if you like but he only sings seven songs now (he had eight with Somebody).

nnhgirl
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM
FP, I fear you may be correct about the show at Piedmont Park being shorter, but hey, hope never dies, right? If the weather cooperates, and we get one of our glorious Atlanta fall evenings, perhaps the guys might be inspired to give us a little bit extra for a good cause? And I have no problem with either NKIT or Somebody as an added song or even a substitute. I always thought Somebody would be a great theme song for a TV series, much in the same way "Who Are You" was used for CSI. There is no doubt it showcases Glenn's vocal talents. That said, if we're going to add a Glenn song, my vote would be "You Belong to the City."

carol7lynn
08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
FreyPower is right more than likely they'll play 90 minutes-charity or no charity event otherwise I'd assume tickets would be a lot more costly.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

nnhgirl
08-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Considering it's going to take more than 90 minutes to get in and way more than 90 minutes to get home (I base that on last year's Green Concert experience), even for those of us who live one MARTA stop away, they'd better freakin' play more than 90 minutes, no matter how cheap the tickets are -- and if you ask me, there is nothing cheap about them after all the fees are tacked on. That's all I'm saying.

The Lower Meadow at Piedmont Park is a gorgeous place for a concert. The Midtown skyline will be all lit up, and if it's one of those starry Atlanta fall nights, they won't want to leave.

PiedmontGirly
08-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey, y'all. I work at Piedmont Park, and I want to reassure you that we have been guaranteed the lengthier Eagles set. The ticket is a bargain, and the show will be an unforgettable experience. October is actually an amazing time for an outdoor show in Atlanta, as I think many of you will know. With any luck, it will finally have cooled down by then.

A few of you have expressed concerns about getting into the show, but MARTA is providing a shuttle service from the Midtown station, and multiple ticket entrances will keep lines moving. If you want or need to drive, we have worked out a comprehensive traffic plan with the city that will keep traffic flowing as best it can.

I hope to see you guys out in the Meadow! It's going to be a spectacular Green Concert.

sodascouts
08-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the info PG - sounds like it's going to be a great show. Wish I could go. Welcome, BTW!

TimothyBFan
08-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the info!! Cool! Now if only we can get other people from all the venues to give us the inside scoop---wouldn't that be nice? :thumbsup:

08-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Welcome from me too, PG and thanks a lot for the info. I am still debating whether or not I'm going to make the trip to this show - still waiting to see if they announce anything closer to me here in Virginia.

PiedmontGirly
08-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Happy to be able to provide information. I have loved the Eagles since childhood. I'm excited to be attending and staffing their performance at Piedmont. My parents are coming from Indiana to see it. They got their VIP tickets.

VIP is really good seating this year, just for your information, everyone. It's bleacher seating, food and drink. There's a separate front entrance for VIP which also cuts down on your time in line. We work really hard to correct the VIP issues we had last year.

DonFan
08-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the info and welcome, PG! I am driving over from Birmingham for the show and am very excited about it. I am glad to hear that there is VIP bleacher seating, because I thought I read somewhere that we had to bring low lawn chairs. Can you give me some advice on how early we should plan on arriving at the park?

PiedmontGirly
08-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey, Don. The bad news is, because of costs, we're cutting back on bleacher seating. It's going to be limited. You can buy a really cool, cheap concert pack here: http://tinyurl.com/2exnmub

That includes a heated stadium seat and blanket. That way, if you don't get a bleacher seat, you'll have a great seat all your own. Regardless, you'll enjoy a really awesome catered VIP area. Food and drink a-plenty.

Official entrance time for the show is 5:00, but you can probably come even earlier. I'd say as early as 3. Food won't be available to 5, but you could definitely bring snacks.

Another little tidbit for Eagles fans. We're going to run 25 days of promotions on twitter. You can follow Piedmont Park here: http://twitter.com/piedmontpark

If you follow PiedmontPark, we'll be running a series of contests that will make you eligible to win a pair of general admission tickets each day. I hope you guys will help me get the word out to Eagles fans, as I'd love to see the tickets go to those who would most appreciate them.

nnhgirl
08-22-2010, 11:19 PM
PG, belated thanks for all the good inside info. Appreciate the reassurance that this will indeed be a show to remember. Thanks for all your hard work.

DonFan
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
PG, I have already bought 2 VIP tix-how will I know if I get a bleacher seat or not? Thanks for all your help & advice-I appreciate it!

crowdie543
10-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey PiedmontGirly and everyone else, I'm going to be at the Green Concert on Friday....very excited since this will be my first Eagles concert.

I have a question regarding the rules on the piedmont park site: When they say no cameras, video-recording devices are not allowed, does that also mean point-and-shoot/digital cameras as well? I know this sounds like a silly question, but I've been to several concerts in the past that allowed cameras and have heard through the grapevine the Eagles aren't big fans of cameras at their shows. I was just curious if there were specific cameras not allowed like the more expensives ones with fancy lens, etc. Wanted to get at least a few shots of the show....if...I'm fortunate enough.

And I know cameras weren't allowed at Paul McCartney's show, but I saw alot of video on youtube from that event.

Thanks and have a good day,
- Crowdie

sodascouts
10-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Hey crowdie - welcome!

I'm afraid I can't be of much help about venue policy. Have you tried calling them?

10-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Welcome from me too, crowdie and I hope you have a blast at your first Eagles show.

All tickets for Eagles shows say that no cameras are allowed, but it is really up to the venue about how strictly the rule is enforced. You don't have to look any further than this site to see that some people manage to get awesome pictures at the shows. However, as I said, some venues are lax about the policy and some aren't. I think it's safe to say that you won't get by with trying to take a large camera with you.

crowdie543
10-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments. I sent an email to piedmont park back around last July or August when the show was first announced. And I got a response back that simply that said no cameras. I was just curious to get a second opinion because, as I've learned from previous concerts, some of the workers will say have different responses, whether it be no cameras in general, or digital cameras is fine...we're just looking out for the ones that have the big fancy lenses. I was just hoping to get some images from the show to have something to remember the event. I'm hoping this won't be the first and only time I see the Eagles, but who knows? ;-)

Wildthyme
10-14-2010, 02:54 PM
In my experience going to concerts over the last few months a "regular" camera (no removable lens) using no flash or a phone camera seem to not be an issue as long as you are only taking pictures and not recording (this is especially true if you are on the floor nearer the stage). I'd say take your camera, put it in your pocket when you go in like I do, don't use the flash and you will probably be fine.

Eve
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
This is off of Randy's facebook page. Whitcap, you and I MUST crash this concert.

"I am going to see The Eagles Live at Piedmont Park this Friday night! Wooohoo Glen Fry, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Randy Meisner"