PDA

View Full Version : Mass Panic at Love Parade in Germany

EasyFeeling
07-25-2010, 08:33 AM
OMG, this is horrible what happened here yesterday. I don't know if you ever heard about the Love Parade which usually takes place in Berlin. This year it happened in Duisburg. This town is way too small to manage such a big event. Usually more than one million people were there the last years.

They only had one way and people had to go through a tunnel to get to the place of the event. And then it happened... too many people were in the tunnel, it were hot in there and people couldn't breathe, horrible !!!

More than 15 people died and more than 100 people were hurt. What a tragedy! And NO ONE will take a responsibiity for that, I just saw the press conference...a real shame!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfRTmW9YtKc

OMG, look at this... how awful !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Gn_MX14XU

Stars
07-25-2010, 09:11 AM
EF-How horrible-I read about this online this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those tragically killed, and I pray for full recovery for those injured.

Mrs Henley
07-25-2010, 10:37 AM
I've read it, my first question was also why Duisburg? I've been there last year @ the Lefty Bass Day and that's indeed a small city.

It's horrible what happenend, and it's terrible that no one will take the responsibility for that.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-25-2010, 11:26 AM
That is just horrible! And how irresponsible that the 'powers that be' didn't have this better planned. My thoughts are with the families of the victims of this tragedy.

Troubadour
07-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Terrible. What a sad day.

EasyFeeling
07-25-2010, 12:44 PM
That is just horrible! And how irresponsible that the 'powers that be' didn't have this better planned. My thoughts are with the families of the victims of this tragedy.

Not only this... now those responsible are denying every fault and trying to whitewash the situation. :-x I've heard on the radio that the Love Parade will never happen again... this do not bring the poor victims back to life!

Koala
07-25-2010, 02:02 PM
That is really a horrible tragedy. I saw it yesterday in the news! One of my first thoughts was why the passageway has gone just by a tunnel, that just could go wrong with so many people on a place!

And NO ONE will take a responsibiity for that, I just saw the press conference...a real shame!!!
I saw it too, it is really a great shame!

Eve
07-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Not that it will bring the dead back to life, but the organizers of that event need to be charged. At the very least, they were criminally negligent in putting that many people in that small a space.

sodascouts
07-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Wow, awful! How sad that such an event, designed for fun, should end in tragedy. I will pray for the families of the victims.

One would hope they could change the way the Love Parade is run rather than ending it forever. It has been around for over 20 years!

Freypower
07-25-2010, 07:27 PM
An Australian woman was amongst those killed. How dreadful. :-(

EaglesFanatic
07-26-2010, 01:33 AM
This really surprised me, considering the fact that it is such a big event, and so many people show up. You'd think that they would be more strategic in planning which venue it would be held at. I am really sorry to hear about this tragedy. Thoughts and prayers are being sent their way.

TimothyBFan
07-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I agree with everyone else here, what a tragedy!! Someone should take responsibility, tho to late now.

Prettymaid
07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
You always wonder how this kind of panic happens, but I guess you can't understand it unless you're in that situation. The loss of lives is so sad.

Brooke
07-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Wow, how terrible!

Koala
07-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Love Parade Death Toll Rises to 21!
http://www.billboard.com/events/update-love-parade-death-toll-rises-to-21-1004106385.story?tag=hpfeed#/events/update-love-parade-death-toll-rises-to-21-1004106385.story?tag=hpfeed

another article
http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Love+Parade+toll+rises+organizers+blamed/3332593/story.html

Glennsallnighter
07-29-2010, 08:09 PM
As I was away I've just heard of this now. How terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with all the dead and injured and their families.