PDA

View Full Version : Cool Timothy Interview

EaglesFanatic
08-02-2010, 01:51 AM
I just found this yesterday. It was interesting to read through!
Here are some things that stood out to me:

"I consider myself a singer first, and a rather basic bass player."

"Here they were asking me to join the band outright without playing one lick of music with them. I was ecstatic."

"...later on, when I did my first studio album with the band, The Long Run, I got to run with my own ideas. That was really satisfying. But I have no problem with playing Randy’s parts, and I have no illusions."

This is the article:
http://www.bassplayer.com/article/timothy-b-/July-2010/117425

Tim seems like a great, down to earth guy. Not to mention his great talent (and his great looks haha :wink:)

TimothyBFan
08-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Great find and thanks for sharing! Loved it!

sodascouts
08-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Terrific interview!

Freypower
08-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Here is the magazine cover. I'm sorry it isn't bigger but it was all I could find.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Other%20Eagles/BassPlayerCover.jpg

Ive always been a dreamer
08-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for posting that EF. Tim is so humble and modest!

TimothyBFan
08-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Maybe I missed it, but do we know which issue this is? Currently on the stands? I want to get it or order the back issue.

Troubadour
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Great interview, and I love the cover shot!

Prettymaid
08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I can't wait to find the time to read this! Great cover photo!

Woodstock
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
The magazine is the August issue. I got mine a few weeks ago at Barnes and Noble. If you hurry you may still be able to get an issue at the book store.

Prettymaid
08-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I finally got a chance to read this. I agree with all of you who pointed out Timothy's modesty. It comes through loud and clear in any interview I have ever read, and it's a great attribute.

However, I want to point out my favorite part of this interview, when he's talking about the harmonies on Down Time. He mentions that he had the sound of The Band in mind when he asked Dwight Yoakam and Kid Rock to sing background, and darned if now that he mentions it, I am reminded of the harmonies in The Band's The Weight. I love it when artists talk about their songs!

Freypower
08-05-2010, 06:52 PM
One of the great things about the Band's harmonies is that you can always distinguish Helm, Danko and Manuel's voices. You can do that occasionally with the Eagles but not as often as I would like.

Troubadour
08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
However, I want to point out my favorite part of this interview, when he's talking about the harmonies on Down Time. He mentions that he had the sound of The Band in mind when he asked Dwight Yoakam and Kid Rock to sing background, and darned if now that he mentions it, I am reminded of the harmonies in The Band's The Weight. I love it when artists talk about their songs!

I knew there was a reason I loved Downtime! LOVE The Band. :heart: