PDA

View Full Version : New Don Moderator

sodascouts
08-03-2010, 01:54 AM
Some of you may have noticed that the Don forum has a new moderator. After several years of faithful service, Dana (DonFan) has decided to step down as a moderator due to time constraints keeping her from visiting the board regularly. She'll still be a member in good standing, though - just not a moderator!

Maleah has agreed to take on her duties. Maleah already helps me with DHO (http://www.donhenleyonline.com) and was one of the first members who joined after we changed from Flip City into The Border back in December 2006. I know she will do a great job!

Brooke
08-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Maleah, you already do lots of great stuff. I know this will be a piece of cake! :thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
08-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Well Dana, I'll just reiterate what I've already said to you. We love ya and appreciate your past dedication to The Border and to Don. I have enjoyed 'talking' to you on the board, and even more getting to meet you and your daughter in Myrtle Beach, as well as, our trip to Nashville for the CMAs. Maybe, I'll see you in Atlanta this fall. Please continue to drop in here as often as you can.

And Maleah - thank you for stepping in to help us out. I hope that one of these days our paths will cross at an Eagles show, too.

Troubadour
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks for everything you've done for The Border, Dana - I love seeing that you've posted. I know you'll continue to drop by when you can!

Maleah, congrats on the promotion. ;) You'll do a great job.

Maleah
08-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm excited for the new adventure. ;) Dana did such a great job as moderator, hopefully I can at least do half as well!

Prettymaid
08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Awww, I know Maleah will do a great job, and hopefully DF will continue to drop in. Now, is this the first moderator change in the history of this board?

sodascouts
08-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Now, is this the first moderator change in the history of this board?

No - Molly was moderator for about three months when we first opened The Border but changed her mind about doing it. Brooke stepped up then. That was back in early 2007; since that time, no other moderator has given up her superpowers until now. ;) And as you know, Molly is still a valued poster to this day!

The Border is heading towards the four year mark, though, and people's circumstances change. Other mods may eventually decide to step down, too. If that happens, we just gotta roll with it and be grateful for the time they gave - and grateful to still have them as members. :)

Prettymaid
08-03-2010, 09:09 PM
As some wise soul once said, "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave." :wink:

TimothyBFan
08-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Looking back, I some how missed congratulating you Maleah. So very sorry! Good luck! And DF hope you still join us often.

Maleah
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
No worries Willie! :) and thanks!

Brooke
08-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Welcome back Maleah! We've missed ya!

Koala
08-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Maleah, I know I'm really late here but good luck and fun with your new moderator job from me as well!

GlennLover
08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm late too, but thank you Dana for all the work that you have done & thank you Maleah for taking on the job!

Maleah
08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks everyone! Brooke I've missed all of you guys too! I was having major internet problems and on top of that life got really busy but I'm glad to be back amongst you all now :)

DonFan
08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Congratulations Maleah! I hated to step down but wanted to do what was best for the board in the long run. I am so happy you are the new Don moderator--you will be great! Thanks for all the kind messages everyone. I will continue to visit often, I promise!

Maleah
08-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Aww thanks so much Dana, you're the best! :)

Peekaboo
08-10-2010, 03:17 AM
Another late one here. Congratulations, Maleah!! You're gonna do great, i just know it!! :thumbsup:

Dana, it's been wonderful having you as a moderator on here. I know you'll still be around to share in all of the Don love. :) Thanks for all of your hard work on here.:thumbsup:

Maleah
08-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks Jess!! :)