PDA

View Full Version : Don videos on YouTube and other video sites

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

sodascouts
01-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Look what I found today!

The infamous "Johnny Can't Read" video

The kids are all playing PacMan instead of listening to Mr. Henley. If I had a teacher like that, the last thing I would be looking at is my screen, even if it did have David Copperfield on it. Warning: Dark humor in this video.

BTW, does anyone else think Johnny looks like a young Billy Joel?

DonFan
01-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I have never seen that video before. :shock:

How 80s can you get? Don's videos definitely improved over the years. A few years later his hauntingly beautiful video of Boys of Summer would be honored at the MTV Video awards.

I guess everyone has one really bad video in their past. (For example, the video with Glenn with shocking white-blonde hair comes immediately to mind.)

I always wondered why he picked that black-&-white kitchen for the cover of of his I Can't Stand Still album, and now I know why--he used it in this video.

And I agree, Johnny looks exactly like a young Billy Joel.

sodascouts
01-27-2007, 05:42 PM
I actually kind of like the video in a cheesy, retro way. Considering the time period, it's nothing for him to be ashamed of.

DonFan
01-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Cheesy is the word, all right. :wink:

Actually, that video isn't really so bad. IMO, the worst Don video is Everything is Different Now, with all the zombie-like people in it. That video defies description. :shock:

timfan
01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
That was fun! I like the video. It is very 80's :D

Freypower
01-28-2007, 12:20 AM
The JCR video is cheesy but so are some of Glenn's. My choice for Don's worst video is Not Enough Love In The World. It makes no sense to me at all. This could be a new topic.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-28-2007, 12:42 AM
OMG - another homework assignment. I honestly can't remember the Everything is Different Now or the Not Enough Love in the World videoes, so I'll have to go back and watch them again. I did remember JCR though, even before I watched this. I think it's a good video in that it effectively portrays the message of the song, and it's, obviously, memorable since I didn't forget it. :wink:

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 01:53 AM
For your perusal:

The Everything Is Different Now video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYCQ0clxGjE)

Not Enough Love in the World Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyG8XsTR2fc).

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 01:54 AM
P.S. In my humble opinion, the EIDN video is FAR worse than the NELITW video. FAR worse.

The NELITW video actually makes sense to me... but perhaps this is best as another topic since this could get long-winded, lol. Of course I get the message of the EIDN video, but the video is downright appalling!

DonFan
01-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I agree. NELITW is a good video and it makes sense to me, too.

I like the song and the sentiment Don expresses in EIDN, but the video makes you want to go, "What was he thinking?" :?:

Maleah
01-28-2007, 12:47 PM
P.S. In my humble opinion, the EIDN video is FAR worse than the NELITW video. FAR worse.

The NELITW video actually makes sense to me... but perhaps this is best as another topic since this could get long-winded, lol. Of course I get the message of the EIDN video, but the video is downright appalling!

My thoughts EXACTLY! :shock:

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I like the song and the sentiment Don expresses in EIDN, but the video makes you want to go, "What was he thinking?" :?:

Exactly! I listen to the song and I think "Wow, what a sweet song about how happy he is in his new marriage." I expect to see a video that expresses that. Instead, I'm greeted with a nightmarish scenario of highly disturbing images. I kept waiting for the "bad past" segment to end and them to show a "happy present" segment, but even at the end, they have Fraken-Don still singing. Um... OK!

Brooke
01-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Have to agree here on the EIDN video! Just what was he thinking when he approved that?! :shock:

Freypower
01-28-2007, 08:54 PM
But in EIDN there is at least some black humour, whereas in NELITW - what is all the 'university lecture' stuff? Don the intellectual? It was directed by Tim Hutton, the actor from Ordinary People, and I don't get it.

DonFan
01-28-2007, 10:48 PM
But in EIDN there is at least some black humour, whereas in NELITW - what is all the 'university lecture' stuff? Don the intellectual? It was directed by Tim Hutton, the actor from Ordinary People, and I don't get it.

To me, the "university lecture" setting works fine.

What do you have a problem with--the fact that Tim Hutton directed it, or Don the intellectual, as you put it?

Maleah
01-28-2007, 10:51 PM
I kept waiting for the "bad past" segment to end and them to show a "happy present" segment, but even at the end, they have Fraken-Don still singing. Um... OK!

That's what I kept waiting for too. For some difference to show that he's happy now, to show the change. But nothing happened. lol

sodascouts
01-29-2007, 12:20 AM
University lecture? I thought it was Don acting on a stage... Here's my interp:

The song opens; the set is being done up. Don and the other actors are rehearsing. He's centerstage, reading off a script. We see that it's an empty house.

Then, it goes to a scene of what appears to be a mother and father arguing in front of unhappy children during the verse "I know people hurt you so bad..." We don't know if this is backstage, or in Don's memory. We don't know what's real.

The camera cuts back to the stage: "I was either standing in your shadow.." First you just see Don, then Don and the woman - a real fight? - then as the camera pulls back you realize he is playing a scene with a woman. She leaves and once more he is delivering his "lines" alone, the actors on the sidelines seeming oblivious, as if they're not a part of the play; again, the blurring of reality and stage. This blurring also occurs as the next scene takes us past a bunch of the actors to Don and the woman again - this time there seems to be an illusion of privacy - backstage? But then we see him again out front, this time in a suit, this time without the script. It's showtime. The audience is now full. Don's performing... the woman watches, the audience watches...

And then the camera pulls around to once again see the empty house. Was all of that in Don's head?

IMHO, this isn't a video about being intellectual. It's a video about how emotion can confuse us and make us blur the distinction between what was real and what we wanted to be real. The stage - drama - is an element of the song - "I was either standing in your shadow, or blocking your light." The woman he is with craves drama, is even a bit of a drama queen. That's why we see that mingling of his drama with the woman "backstage" and his stage drama with the woman "onstage." They both know how tiring it is to smile for the camera, though. The element of performance - Don as a performer who has to make people feel what he feels, even if it's not singing but acting - also works perfectly.

Perhaps I'm prejudiced because I really adore this song - it's one of my favorites. However, I think it's a great video.

DonFan
01-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Good analysis, soda. I think you are dead on.

Maleah
01-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Same here! :D (and I adore the song too, but that's now why I agree with your analysis lol)

sodascouts
02-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Walkaway Joe - Trisha Yearwood with Don Henley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djdvgAzqRy8)

sodascouts
02-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Crap quality - but - some clips from Las Vegas!

Dirty Laundry Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjUuVgZ2qfQ)

End of the Innocence Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=676puAS76xQ)

Hotel California clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgL1nhygekg)

DonFan
02-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Ooh....thanks for finding these. It was nice to see some snippets of the show. We'll have to look for the Palm Springs show soon, too.

(How did you ever find the last one under "Hotel Coalifornia?" :roll: )

02-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks for those links soda. I love them - especially The End of the Innocence one since that's the first clip I've ever seen of Don performing that live. It was beautiful.

sodascouts
03-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Warner Bros. has gotten in on the YouTube action! Good for them!

Here are the Don videos they've put up:

Taking You Home (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBcJL0mX4Eo)

Everything Is Different Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYCQ0clxGjE)

For My Wedding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0npT0e-LvA)

P.S. Don looks AMAZING in For My Wedding.

Z
03-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks, Soda. Those are three of my favorite Don solo tunes.

EasyFeeling
03-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Oooooh, Taking You Home, one of my favourite Don songs. Thanks. :D

03-04-2007, 02:14 PM
I went back and refreshed my memory about the Everything is Different Now and the Not Enough Love in the World videoes. I totally agree with your interpretation of both videoes this time Soda. Surprize, Surprize! :wink: :wink:

It's a shame that they kind of missed the mark on the NELITW video because it is one of my favorite Don solos.

And Taking You Home! <vbs>

Maleah
03-04-2007, 02:33 PM
P.S. Don looks AMAZING in For My Wedding.

:shock: :shock: :shock: I couldn't agree more!!!! And he looks amazing in TYH as well!!!!

DonFan
03-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks for putting up those links, soda.

We were just talking about Glenn's wife, Cindy, in the River of Dreams video--did you know that Don's wife, Sharon, is in the Taking You Home video? She is the brunette holding the hands of the little girl who is jumping on the bed, and also taking the child out of the truck towards the end of the video. His children are also rumored to be featured in the video too, although, for privacy reasons, he never pointed out which ones they were.

sodascouts
03-04-2007, 07:49 PM
No, I did not know that, Dana! Wow, she looks gorgeous!

I think it's so sweet how so many of the songs off of that album are tributes to his wife and family. Warms your heart!

03-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks Dana - Actually, I had heard before that it was Sharon, and I meant to mention that in my earlier post. Duh! :wink: However, I didn't realized his kids were in there. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the little girl Don's is walking with (backs turned to us) and holding her hand is Annabel.

Another sad similarity between Don and Glenn's wives is that don't they both have debilitating diseases? I think I heard Sharon has MS and Cindy has Lupus. Am I correct here?

sodascouts
03-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I remember Glenn saying something about that at the Lupus benefit he attended a few months ago, and I believe Don has also talked about his wife's MS in several interviews.

Brooke
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that about both Don"s and Glenn's wives. Hopefully they are in a remission or something.

DonFan
03-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Inside Job is really a chronicle of how his life had changed up to that point. It is very interesting to listen to his albums in order and see how they reflect whatever stage of life he was experiencing when he wrote those particular songs, similar to the manner the songs the guys wrote on their first Eagles albums changed from their latter albums.

In Don's particular case, on I Can't Stand Still, he seems to be talking about the difficult time he went through after the breakup of the Eagles in Nobody's Business, yet songs like Lilah and Talking to the Moon are undeniably romantic. In Building the Perfect Beast, everyone is familiar BOS and SG and ASWTDID, but you can only guess what his mindset must've been when he wrote songs like Man With a Mission? On End of the Innocence, there is the gorgeous title track, along with Last Worthless Evening and HOM, but I always thought I Will Not Go Quietly is the quintessential Don song. I feel the same way about You Don't Know Me At All on Actual Miles--that song is just so DON.

Then, he takes a few years off from songwriting "to let the well fill up," as he puts it, gets married and has three children and releases Inside Job, with Everything is Different Now, Taking You Home, the touching lullaby Annabel, and My Thanksgiving. Of course, I'm just referencing a few songs from each album, but talk about a difference in mind-set!

sodascouts
03-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for that analysis, Dana. I agree that Don seems to put a lot of personal experience into his songwriting, and as a result, we get little snapshots of where he was mentally in that period of his life. It is quite a difference to look at them all in order like that!

sodascouts
03-05-2007, 12:24 PM
To go along with the screen shots in the other thread, here are two of my very favorite Don solo songs:

The End of the Innocence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnOP1WKTiLc)

The Heart of the Matter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEPsNo8P1Ws)

I find them both very moving emotionally as well as gorgeous melodically. Some of Don's best work, IMHO.

DonFan
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I find them both very moving emotionally as well as gorgeous melodically. Some of Don's best work, IMHO.

Thanks for putting these up, and I agree wholeheartedly!

sodascouts
03-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Some more Don vids - these are live from Tokyo 1989:

Sunset Grill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hnI6RkStxQ)

New York Minute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krZI91ZUdUk)

Dirty Laundry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjdWOOWhxvk)

And, my personal favorite...

End of the Innocence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuDtfhXmnCo)

Magnificent!

DonFan
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks, soda!

Can you try to put up ASWTDID? I love watching his backup singers run around dancing with everyone during that song. They look like they are having such a good time, and they even crack Don up at one point.

EasyFeeling
03-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Wonderful videos. :D I really love Don's solo songs. :D His ballads are always emotional and have beautiful melodies.

03-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree that Don's ballads are gorgeous - I think The Last Worthless Evening is my favorite. I love the raw emotion in his voice in that song. However, as I mentioned in the OTB Survivor Game, I generally tend to like the more uptempo songs the best. Aside from the obvious favorites like DL, BOS, and ASWTDID - I think my next favorite may be You Don't Know Me at All. I just love that song, too! I sure wish there was a video of that one.

Freypower
03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
If Damn It Rose is a ballad that is one of the best. The same goes for A Month Of Sundays.

Maleah
03-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I agree that Don's ballads are gorgeous - I think The Last Worthless Evening is my favorite. I love the raw emotion in his voice in that song.

That's exactly what I love about the song too! You can just about feel the anguish when he's singing about seeing her around sometimes and his heart just melts. *sigh* :D

I generally tend to like the more upbeat, faster tempo songs as well. But I do like a lot of Don's "ballad's" just for the pure emotional factor. That's why i liked how that writer described his voice as "haunting" because I truly have never heard a voice before that was filled with so much emotion. I mean, I've heard people really belt it out at exciting parts of a song, and I've heard people cry their way through a song. But Don's voice just captures all those emotions without even trying it seems.

DonFan
03-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Aside from the obvious favorites like DL, BOS, and ASWTDID - I think my next favorite may be You Don't Know Me at All. I just love that song, too! I sure wish there was a video of that one.

Ooh, a video of that one would be great.
I can just picture some of it in my mind...I particularly like lines like, "You should've killed me, cause you always looked so good in black." That's the way I feel about him in black, actually. 8) But of course, y'all didn't know that. :roll:

sodascouts
03-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Aw - "The Heart of the Matter" has been taken down for copyright violations. I'll never understand why no one seems worried that the entirety of HFO and Farewell 1 is on YouTube 3,000 times, but put up a nice video that isn't available commercially and isn't played anymore on TV, and all of the sudden it's a huge problem.

Come on. Even WB is using YouTube now because it understands that it's like a big promotional tool, just like having one's videos on MTV or VH1 was back when they played music. The difference is that the fans can now call it up whenever they want rather than waiting for a music channel to deign to play it. Would they rather these videos disappear into the void? I understand if something is on YouTube that they want to sell and therefore having it available free could hurt the profit margin, but why these videos?

freyfanatic
06-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Found this today

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aa0HnODfR1k

glenneaglesfan
06-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow, his voice is amazing! I had a bit of trouble streaming the video - it kept stopping, but what an awesome performance. Thanks for the link, FF!

sodascouts
06-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for posting! It sure does sound different when Bruce chimes in, doesn't it?

SweetHolly
06-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks for posting it! :D

EasyFeeling
06-05-2007, 01:36 PM
What a fantastic video. :D But I have to say Don sings it much better than Bruce. Just my opinion. :wink:

Thanks for that, FF. 8)

DonFan
06-05-2007, 04:07 PM
FF, thanks so much for finding and posting that! I watched Bruce's special several years ago and loved Don's performance, but I was unable to tape it, so I am so glad to be able to see it again.
(And I agree--Bruce should stick to his fantastic keyboarding and let Don sing this song! :wink: )

06-05-2007, 05:37 PM
What a fantastic video. :D But I have to say Don sings it much better than Bruce. Just my opinion. :wink:

Thanks for that, FF. 8)

Yep - Although it's nice to see them perform the song together, I'm kinda thinking that having Don do all the singing for the studio version was a wise choice! :D

Maleah
06-05-2007, 09:25 PM
wow what is that EOTI video from? Don looks great! I love his hair like that! It's got gray showing so it looks more natural and I love the short, spiky/wavy look on top. Very nice!

Marco
06-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I can't watch the video of Johnny Can't Read
Because I Can't Find That on Youtube

DonFan
08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyG8XsTR2fc

I was looking through youtube and found this "revised" version of Not Enough Love in the World that I had never seen before, put up the Geffen music group. I like this one even better than the original version--there are some more great closeups of Don, and his girlfriend Maren Jensen plays an even more prominent part in the video.

EasyFeeling
08-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks for posting that link, DF. This song is definitely one of my favourite Don songs. :)

glenneaglesfan
08-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Thanks for those links, Soda and Df. I'd never seen the video for NELITW before, and that performance of HOTM is outstanding.

sodascouts
08-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Some clips from a couple recent Henley shows:

Clip of Everybody Wants to Rule the World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3CzDjVhGGA)

Clip of Witchy Woman (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ekhnwvv_h84)

DonFan
08-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Ooh, those are great. Thanks!

EasyFeeling
08-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I didn't know it's THAT song. I just thought the titles are the same. Very cool, thanks Soda. :D

08-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Wow - I meant to comment earlier about the revised NELITW video. I like this one better too, DF. And I was really glad to see Everybody Wants to Rule the World. He does such a great job with it.

sodascouts
08-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Don's version of Everybody Wants to Rule the World isn't my favorite, although he does a fine job with it. I think my aversion to it has more to do with the fact that when I was in middle school, I loved Tears for Fears and that song, so it's hard for me to adapt to Don doing it. I have to say that when I was in Dallas hearing it live I thoroughly enjoyed it!

DonFan
08-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Don's version of Everybody Wants to Rule the World isn't my favorite, although he does a fine job with it...I have to say that when I was in Dallas hearing it live I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yes, it was great in Dallas, wasn't it?

EasyFeeling
08-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Like you Soda I loved Tears for Fears and I think his version comes very close to the original, IMO. 8)

sodascouts
08-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Dang, the ENTIRE Charlie Rose interview of Don Henley is on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2WecACA5o

sodascouts
08-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Don's version of Everybody Wants to Rule the World isn't my favorite, although he does a fine job with it...I have to say that when I was in Dallas hearing it live I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It sure was! :: sighs happily at memory ::

SweetHolly
08-27-2007, 01:28 AM

It sure was! :: sighs happily at memory ::
It sure was. I can't believe that it was 3 weeks ago already.

sodascouts
10-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Look what I did! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoxtbPX-t3c

Brooke
10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Awwww! That's very cool, Soda! Good job! :yay:

EasyFeeling
10-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Wow, that's wonderful! :D

sodascouts
10-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys! It's funny what occurs to you when you can't sleep. ;)

Sexy Girl
10-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Thanks guys! It's funny what occurs to you when you can't sleep. ;)

Now really, not that I wish you little sleep. Nancy, but it's awesome what you do with that time. So secretly I hope for more sleepless nights :wink:

sodascouts
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks, glad you liked the Don/Stevie slideshow! I put it up on the MySpace, too.

DonFan
10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
GREAT slideshow, Soda! They both look fabulous.

10-05-2007, 10:57 PM
They sure do! That is fantastic, Soda.

SweetHolly
10-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Awesome! 8)

sodascouts
10-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks again! :)

glenneaglesfan
10-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Just catching up here. That slide show is awesome, Soda!

Maleah
10-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Absolutely fantabulous! (yes I made that word up..but it seemed so fitting! :D )

glenneaglesfan
11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Lol, Maleah! My dad used to say that!

Here is the briefest (and tiniest) clip of Don singing Boys of Summer LIVE on Top of the Pops in 1985. How I wish I'd known then what I know now. He looks so hot there!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/videoclips/date/1985/

Scroll down to find Don Henley and click on the movie camera icon.

sodascouts
11-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Ooh, great find! Thanks!

eagleshenleyfan
11-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Great find there glenneaglesfan. I'd never saw that clip before!!

sodascouts
11-28-2007, 01:43 PM
I made the other guys YouTube videos for their birthday, but the only one I did for Don was shared with Stevie. So here we go, a Don-centric one! I did it to "Waiting in the Weeds" - the pattern is Early Eagles, Don Solo, then Eagles back together. I used some of their/his videos as well as photos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6RICAg1WW8

DonFan
11-28-2007, 03:24 PM
I am speechless--that is almost eight minutes of absolute heaven! :heart:

Have I told you lately how absolutely talented you are?
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

sodascouts
11-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Aw, you're sweet! Glad you like it! :)

DonFan
11-28-2007, 11:01 PM
All right, after repeated viewings :smitten: , I have finally found my voice enough to comment on how perfectly you paired the visuals to the vocals on this little masterpiece.

A few parts I especially love:
The use of the girl from Last Worthless Evening on "Baby what a mess you're making."
Don standing in the fields (waiting in the weeds) from the End of the Innocence.
The picture of Don standing off to the side away from the other guys on "I've been keeping to myself."

And for pure eye candy:
The video of Don & Maren from Not Enough Love in the World.
The footage of Don in the white peasant shirt hitting the cymbal.
The clip of the guys from the CMAs (ah, memories).

And all of this is set to my favorite song on the album! :heart:

Anytime you feel inspired to do something like this again, be my guest!

sodascouts
11-29-2007, 02:01 AM
Wow, you really made me feel good DF, thanks again! It was fun to make this video. I'm learning as I go!

glenneaglesfan
11-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Soda, that is absolutely stunning - your best yet. Thank you so much!

Perfect Little Sister
11-29-2007, 02:25 PM
:shock: WOW!

11-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh man, that is an excellent job, Soda. I love it!

Brooke
11-30-2007, 03:30 PM
That is beautiful Soda! Absolutely love it! DF pointed out my fave parts, too. Thanks again! :D

DonFan
11-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Here is the briefest (and tiniest) clip of Don singing Boys of Summer LIVE on Top of the Pops in 1985. How I wish I'd known then what I know now. He looks so hot there!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/videoclips/date/1985/

GEF, somehow I missed this before, but I found it today. You are so right--Don looks incredible in it. 8)
I, too, wish I had discovered him in the 1980s. Guess I am making up for all that lost time now!

Great find--thanks!

sodascouts
11-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Guess I am making up for all that lost time now!

You sure are, DF, as am I. ;)

Thanks again for the kind words, everybody!

EasyFeeling
12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I would love to see this video but I'm having problems... it plays for 2 seconds then stops, then plays and stops again. :? I'll try it tomorrow again and hope it works for me then.

sodascouts
12-08-2007, 06:45 PM
It's not YouTube, but it's a YouTube like site, and it has stuff I haven't seen before. One of those is this magnificent clip of Don performing Talking to the Moon on some kind of special (is this Inside Job live?) Whatever this special is, I now realize I need to buy it.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13205939RcBJenC

sodascouts
12-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Another special I need to find and buy. This is incredible stuff! It's Best Of My Love.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1320569BbYE4eDj

timfan
12-08-2007, 07:29 PM
That was FANTASTIC!! Thank you Soda for finding such a great video!! :)

12-08-2007, 10:48 PM
That sure is incredible stuff!!!! Loved them both. :D :D :D

EasyFeeling
12-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow, that was fantastic! :D How I love these songs *siiiiiiiiiiigh* :inlove:

DonFan
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't know how I missed the last few posts on this thread lately, but wow.... :heart:
The first video is indeed from Don's Inside Job Live DVD, taped in his hometown of Dallas.
The whole DVD is great, but I love, love, LOVE Talking to the Moon! :inlove:
Lilah, on that same DVD, is also guaranteed to make me melt.

The second video you posted had already been taken down before I got to see it. :cry:

However, I don't think this one is posted anywhere on The Border:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPK5o2s2IdE

I adore this song too--he sounds fabulous with Patti Smyth.

sodascouts
12-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't know how I missed the last few posts on this thread lately, but wow.... :heart:
The first video is indeed from Don's Inside Job Live DVD, taped in his hometown of Dallas.
The whole DVD is great, but I love, love, LOVE Talking to the Moon! :inlove:
Lilah, on that same DVD, is also guaranteed to make me melt.

The second video you posted had already been taken down before I got to see it. :cry:

However, I don't think this one is posted anywhere on The Border:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPK5o2s2IdE

I adore this song too--he sounds fabulous with Patti Smyth.

Lilah is on there too?!!! I'm DEFINITELY going to ask for that DVD for Christmas - and if I don't get it then, I'm buying it myself.

I'm so sorry you didn't get to see BOML - it was so great! Hopefully it will pop up elsewhere.

Thanks for the link to the Patti Smyth /Don video. I remember when that song came out - I had no idea Don Henley was the guy!

DonFan
12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the link to the Patti Smyth /Don video. I remember when that song came out - I had no idea Don Henley was the guy!

I didn't either :blush: . Same thing when he sang with Trisha Yearwood on Walkaway Joe. :blush: But finally one day it all came together--the guy who sings with Stevie on Leather & Lace, and Patti and Trisha, is the same guy who sings Dirty Laundry and Heart of the Matter, the same guy whose voice I adore on Hotel California? :shock:

Stick a fork in me--I'm done! :smitten:

sodascouts
12-18-2007, 10:42 PM
BTW, the BOML video came from whatever special this screenshot is from:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/avieDonBeautifulEyes.jpg

DonFan
12-18-2007, 10:51 PM
That is from MTV Unplugged from 1990. He looked drop dead gorgeous in that special.
Best of my Love from that show was fabulous, but that was also the first time I ever heard and saw him sing "Come Rain or Come Shine." Unbelievable!
:jawdrop:

katherine5832
12-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I made the other guys YouTube videos for their birthday, but the only one I did for Don was shared with Stevie. So here we go, a Don-centric one! I did it to "Waiting in the Weeds" - the pattern is Early Eagles, Don Solo, then Eagles back together. I used some of their/his videos as well as photos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6RICAg1WW8

Wow, Soda! This video is just stunning! I was actually sitting here crying throughout it. Absolutely beautiful. You did an incredible job of capturing the perfect shots or video clips to match the lyrics.

Not to change subjects rapidly or anything, but rather than post a new message, I found this video of Don and Trisha Yearwood singing Trisha's Inside Out. I knew they had teamed up for Walkaway Joe, but didn't know they had teamed up again in 2002. He's looking cute as ever and so happy. I love his smile!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZVt-Cd5Tc

DonFan
01-06-2008, 09:41 AM
I found this video of Don and Trisha Yearwood singing Trisha's Inside Out. I knew they had teamed up for Walkaway Joe, but didn't know they had teamed up again in 2002. He's looking cute as ever and so happy. I love his smile!

Me too. This is one of my favorite Don videos because he looks so relaxed and happy with Trisha. They have genuine affection for each other, and it shows.

sodascouts
01-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I found some great rarities on YouTube uploaded by "Muzakpunk"!

From Farm Aid 1985:
- A Month of Sundays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdr_Hd7Ehw) (so rare)
- Boys of Summer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOUshdSUPOA) (hoarse, but look at Don move!)
- Sunset Grill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEdWsiOCLgU) (what's with wrapping the arm around the mic?)

And....

You Don't Know Me At All (David Letterman 1995) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40OMmEq_is4) - ROCKIN'!

Perfect Little Sister
01-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Oh my goodness!
I can see I need to spend some time watching some videos.

BOS was great! I don't think I've ever seen Don move like that!

I absolutely love YDKMAA!!!

DonFan
01-19-2008, 12:59 AM
:shock: Ohh! I have never seen him perform You Don't Know Me At All before--I LOVE that song! What a terrific find! He sounded great and looked great too--loved his hair!

I have his three performances from Farm Aid--they are really good too. Not only did Don move around a lot more, but all his backup band danced, too. (The girl in the white blouse kinda got on my nerves :roll: ) He was quite a bit younger then and obviously didn't mind "striking a pose"--that arm draped over the mic caught me off guard at first, too! Ah, the 80s!

katherine5832
01-19-2008, 01:47 AM
And....

You Don't Know Me At All (David Letterman 1995) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40OMmEq_is4) - ROCKIN'!

OH - MY - LORD! Yet more proof that he was at his hottest in the 90's!. :drool:

Thanks for that, Soda!

Brooke
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
I found some great rarities on YouTube uploaded by "Muzakpunk"!

From Farm Aid 1985:
- A Month of Sundays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdr_Hd7Ehw) (so rare)
- Boys of Summer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOUshdSUPOA) (hoarse, but look at Don move!)
- Sunset Grill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEdWsiOCLgU) (what's with wrapping the arm around the mic?)

And....

Dang! I missed them! These have all been removed already! :weep:

sodascouts
01-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Poor Don, forced to share the spotlight with David Lee Roth when announcing "Best Group" for the 1986 MTV video awards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZEFmrSSAw

BTW, how lame is it that the MTV VJs took the awards to the tables instead of letting them come up to the podium and accept them? I know, they were just to be "cool" and "different."

DonFan
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Ah, youth....as Don said on his autograph in another thread!
He did look very handsome in his tux 8) , as the much more flamboyant David Lee Roth talked right over him. :roll:
Money for Nothing is one of my favorite Dire Straits tunes, and Sting's background vocals makes it that much better.

sodascouts
03-04-2008, 01:30 AM
A nice set of recent photos of Don and Stevie Nicks, set to a 1985 live version of Leather and Lace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZynvNCQC7o

DonFan
03-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Ooh, that was great. I love the way he looks at her when they are singing, and I loved him in that black shirt with the scroll embroidery. Niiiiiice.

katherine5832
03-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Last night while looking for videos to download to my MP3 player, I came across this little gem when he performed Leonard Cohen's "Democracy" at Bill Clinton's first inaugural ball (ahhh, those were the days...). Don is uber-cool here, although we can't see his lovely eyes. I've never seen this clip and I've never heard the song before. Needless to say, it's going on my MP3 player!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWka3rZE3zI

On a side note, I saw the video for Heart of the Matter for what I think is the first time! How did I miss this when it first came out? I'm so disappointed in it. It's such a beautiful song, but the video is just odd IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FglsDQguWow

And, Soda, can I just say again how awesome your Waiting in the Weeds video is? God, I watched it again yesterday and I can't believe how talented you are! You did such a great job with that.

DonFan
03-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I agree, the video for HOM is odd. It in no way reflects how truly beautiful and touching that song is.

Don writes and sings his songs beautifully, but he sometimes makes strange choices when it comes to filming his videos. He either nails his videos perfectly--like Boys of Summer, End of the Innocence, and Taking You Home :heart: --or misses the mark completely, like HOM or the completely weird Everything is Different Now. :shock:

DonFan
03-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't know if anyone has put this up anywhere or not, but here is Don's famous performance with Guns & Roses at the 1989 American Music Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vELopIo6oJ0

sodascouts
03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks for posting links to those videos, katherine and DF. Even if they've been posted before, sometimes videos get buried and it's good to have them called to our attention again. Katherine, thanks for the compliment about my WITW video!

About the video for HOTM - I find it truly inexplicable. I guess he thought something "artsy" would be cool. However, considering how open and straightforward the emotion of the song is, the de-contextualized quasi-postmodern "artsiness" comes across as cold and detached from emotion. Talk about ironic.

Interestingly, I put up several Henley videos on YouTube one time, and HOTM was the only one that was taken down for copyright violation. I always found that odd.

Freypower
03-05-2008, 06:27 PM
It's funny you should talk about such things as 'quasi post modern artsiness' which is cold and detached, re the HOTM video, because..... that is how I feel about the BOS video....

.....runs and hides, a very long way away...... :blush:

katherine5832
03-05-2008, 09:11 PM
It's funny you should talk about such things as 'quasi post modern artsiness' which is cold and detached, re the HOTM video, because..... that is how I feel about the BOS video....

:shock: :shock: Actually, I kind of see your point, FP, but I think that style works for BOS, much more so than HOTM.

.....runs and hides, a very long way away...... :blush:

You can run, but you can't hide, FP! :D

03-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I agree with you about this, Katherine. This "cold and detached" style of video is much more suitable to the lyrics for Boys of Summer than for The Heart of the Matter. The lyrics to HOTM are so emotional and ingenuous and totally contrary to the video.

DonFan
03-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Any ER fans out there--specifically any Doug and Carol/George Clooney and Juliana Margolies--fans? Anybody remember the last episode with Carol, when she went to Seattle to be with Doug? They played Don's Taking You Home in that scene.

Here's a couple of versions of it.

The final reunion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTVUKHV0KMY&feature=related

A compilation ending with the reunion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmiL6TE4Kk

sodascouts
03-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Isn't it terrific when shows use great songs like this so effectively?

Back when I was an undergrad at Texas A&M, my housemates and I watched that Thursday block of NBC religiously, which included ER. We all got into the Doug/Carol romance and were so bummed when he left the show! I found it freaking AWESOME that he came back for Carol's final episode and gave all of us what we'd been rooting for since the show began.

DonFan
03-08-2008, 03:42 PM
That's exactly how I felt, Soda. Funny thing, I hadn't "rediscovered" Don and the Eagles at that point, so the significance of using Don's song was lost on me.

Thanks for posting those clips from OKC, too! I'm sure my voice is one of those "whoo-hoo"s at the end!

03-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Ah - That is so sweet the way they used Taking You Home in that final episode. It almost made me cry and I didn't even watch the show! :shock:

rcknalwys
03-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I, too, watched that last episode, and was so thrilled to hear that song at the end. I had forgotten that, thanks for the reminder.

sodascouts
04-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh my gosh, how awesome is this?!

Yes It Is (with Timothy B. Schmit and JD Souther 1986) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU4Q7Ha4hso)

DonFan
04-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh, that is one of my favorite videos! That is from one of the early Bridge Benefits, and they all look so handsome!
Don sang about 5 or 6 songs at that gig and they are all wonderful. That is Don's longtime collaborator Danny Kortchmar on guitar at the far left.

Freypower
04-05-2008, 07:06 PM
That was really good. He really did justice to the song.

DonFan
04-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh my gosh, how awesome is this?!

Yes It Is (with Timothy B. Schmit and JD Souther 1986) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU4Q7Ha4hso)

The mighty hand of Irving has struck again. This video has already been removed. :(

Freypower
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Good heavens. I'm glad I saw it.

sodascouts
04-17-2008, 03:20 PM
OK, this isn't technically a Don video - it's a Harry Potter Snape/Lily music video done to Heart of the Matter. I'm not a big Potter fan myself, but for those of you who like Mr. Snape (my friend's in love with him lol), enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcIs-3BMOQ8

sodascouts
04-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow... does anyone know where this is from? Don in leather with facial hair, looks to be early 90s?

Heart of the Matter (Live) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBsV73En_4I)

DonFan
04-19-2008, 02:26 PM
WOW is right! :smitten: :heart: That was amazing!
I'm not sure where that was from, but could someone do some screen caps of Don with that gorgeous hair & beard and in that black leather? 8) I would be forever grateful.
Great find, Soda. :inlove:

(BTW, my daughter Rach is a huge Potter fan--she loved the first one. :D )

Brooke
04-19-2008, 03:33 PM
:heart: Looove it! Great find!

Thank you!

sodascouts
04-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Here's your screenshots DF - I think I got a bit carried away, but he just looks so delicious...

(I love Don with facial hair - gives him a very masculine edge)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-01.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-02.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-03.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-04.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-05.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-06.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-07.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-08.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-09.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-10.jpg

sodascouts
04-19-2008, 04:22 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-11.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-12.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-13.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-14.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-15.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-16.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-17.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-18.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-19.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-20.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-21.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-22.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-23.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-24.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/hotm91-25.jpg

DonFan
04-19-2008, 06:31 PM
THANK YOU!! :heart:
I'm glad you got carried away--you carried me away right along with you!

katherine5832
04-20-2008, 12:19 AM
:shock:
Holy Heavenly Henley, Batman! That took my breath away! Thanks Soda for finding and posting it and thanks DF for directing me over here to see the video! Okay, now for a second viewing.... :D

04-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Wow! These are seriously hot!!! :pimp: :pimp:

sodascouts
04-20-2008, 12:33 PM
My pleasure, guys - yum!

Brooke
04-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Wow! Those are gorgeous!

Thank goodness I got to look at these after that horrible one in the other thread! :D

glenneaglesfan
04-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Gugh! These are amazing! Thanks, Soda! :D 8)

sodascouts
05-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Check out this live version of Hotel California from 2005's "Two Voices" tour with Stevie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKF4JPVM9Wc

Not the best quality, but check out the cute moment starting at 3:35. Don is the one sidling up to Stevie for once, instead of vice versa - and it's adorable! Watch out Stevie... Don's getting frisky! ;)

DonFan
05-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Ooooh...Don can get frisky any time he likes....

I love watching Don & Stevie together. That was lovely Soda--Thanks for posting it!

sodascouts
05-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, they're no Don and Stevie, but Maroon 5's Adam Levine and Sara Evans did Leather and Lace on Crossroads last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FcGQEr8vv4

DonFan
06-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I just found this on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cNQrMLD2_rY

I read somewhere that Don sang a song on the soundtrack of Steve Martin's movie Leap of Faith, but I never saw the movie or heard this song. Wish they had included some video footage too.

sodascouts
06-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Cool song!

Mrs Henley
07-06-2008, 12:11 PM
love love love love all those vid's and songs! :inlove:
Oh God, Don :iloveyou:

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 12:15 AM
While I find The Country Bears to be kind of creepy in their big bear suits, Don and Bonnie Raitt are cute here! You can see them at 4:50 and 5:20. If you want to hear their song and don't mind watching their voices come out of weird bear costumes, that starts at 3:50.

The link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQcwB4B45h4

DonFan
07-09-2008, 01:13 AM
I remember making fun of the premise of this movie when I saw the trailer, because I thought the giant bear costumes were creepy too. Years later, when I re-discovered the Eagles and realized Don was actually the singing voice of one of those bears, I absolutely could not believe it. Most Disney movies are very, very good--it was his misfortune that he decided to affiliate with one of the few that really did not work. I chalk his decision up to the fact that he was a relatively new dad, and probably wanted to do something for his kids.

However, it IS funny at the end of this clip when he says, very tongue-in-cheek, that "they are better that the Eagles." :wink:

Mrs Henley
07-09-2008, 06:14 AM
I've seen a part of the movie, and when I saw Don at that part, I wanted to see the full movie, but I don't like the bears :?

Brooke
07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
:shock: Oh my! I didn't know Don did that! Too funny! But creepy!

07-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh my - I didn't know Don did that either. Definitely gotta check that out now! :shock: :wink:

TimothyBFan
07-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I really hate that movie from the few parts of it that I have seen (the bears freak me out!). I had heard about Don in it but never actually sat down to try to see it. Curiosity might get the better of me next time the kids want to watch it. :fear:

DonFan
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
The song, by itself, is actually not bad. Is there a recording of them singing all of the song somewhere?

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll see if I can upload an MP3.

sodascouts
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
This isn't from the soundtrack, it's from an audio rip from the movie. Still, better than nothing!

Can Love Stand the Test (Movie Version) (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/CanLoveStandCountryBearsClip.mp3)

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/CanLoveStandCountryBearsClip.mp3

DonFan
07-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks, Soda. It is much better listening to that voice when it's not coming out of a bear's face! :roll: :wink: :D

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Soda. It is much better listening to that voice when it's not coming out of a bear's face! :roll: :wink: :D

Yeah, that's so true!!
Thanks Soda! :D

glenneaglesfan
07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh, that is something else! I've never even heard of the movie - I guess it didn't get much publicity over here. Don and Bonnie sound good though.

DonFan
07-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Don & Bonnie really do sound good together.
That caused me to wonder about Glenn a little. Don has always done duets throughout his career, with Bonnie, Stevie, Trisha Yearwood, Patty Smythe, and many others....I wonder why Glenn never has? He & Don harmonize so beautifully together, I know he would sound great on duets with others, too.

sodascouts
07-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Coincidentally, this thought occurred to me too the other day when I was listening to a song that Glenn sang backup on:

"If He's Ever Near" by Karla Bonoff.

I think it sounds nice, but I wish it were easier to hear him (I think the best part to hear him on is about 2:00 min and onwards). Plus, we have an old song where he sings with Linda Ronstadt:

"Get Up Kate" (Troubadour 1971) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/GetUpKateTroubadour71.mp3)

He sounds great on these. I have no idea why he never pursued duets further.

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks Soda!

I have also no idea why he never did..

sodascouts
07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm gonna move the Glenn discussion to his forum - think it's interesting enough for its own topic!

sodascouts
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
OK, I know it's not Don, but how funny that someone made a cartoon of him! lol! I think he nails his look at 0:16. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucl-Y-_OZcY

glenneaglesfan
07-11-2008, 06:32 PM
That's very cool! Cartoon Don is pretty much spot on, and it's a great live version of Boys Of Summer.

DonFan
07-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Pretty funny. :wink: Love the raised eyebrow.

Brooke
07-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Very funny!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow that made my day

Mrs Henley
07-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Wow lol! Funny!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-14-2008, 02:21 AM
i just found this BOS video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FVdIV96MO4

Mrs Henley
07-14-2008, 08:00 AM
i just found this BOS video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FVdIV96MO4

Haha great one thanks TGOS! :D

sodascouts
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Check this out!

Don performing the End of the Innocence with Bruce Hornsby at the Grammys - and winning one!

(It starts about a minute into the video, past the introduction by the Japanese people)

Mrs Henley
07-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Check this out!

Don performing the End of the Innocence with Bruce Hornsby at the Grammys - and winning one! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CebvJOYTIeE)

(It starts about a minute into the video, past the introduction by the Japanese people)

:inlove: I love love love love love love Don his look and hair :inlove:

Hurray for Don and Bruce!!!! :D

Thanks Soda!:D

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-14-2008, 04:12 PM
that was great thanks Soda

Freypower
07-14-2008, 06:50 PM
That's the performance I did the screencaps of, I would guess. I should post more of those.

DonFan
07-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Today must be End of the Innocence day--I just posted about Don's new version of EOI last summer in the Favorites thread. :heart:

Soda, thanks so much for finding this clip! I don’t think I have ever seen this before—Don’s performance with Bruce, and then he wins immediately afterward and we get to hear his speech! I have heard that little snippet of "You sing a song, you win an award" before and I didn't quite understand why he said that--now I know he said that because he had JUST finished singing that song.

And OMG--he looks terrific in jeans and black leather! :smokin:

sodascouts
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I love watching his face when he sings it. So expressive.

sodascouts
07-23-2008, 12:29 AM
OK, so I did another one of my homemade videos, this time for Business As Usual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgreaf4wZWA

It's got a bit of an edge, but so does the song! Enjoy. :)

TimothyBFan
07-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Very nice as usual Soda!!!

Brooke
07-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Excellent, Soda!

I liked the fist full of dollars and the ticketmaster page especially! :wink:

glenneaglesfan
07-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Great work, Soda, and some nice comments so far. 8)

sodascouts
07-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks guys! :)

DonFan
08-04-2008, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fOKYAs8pE
This is the parody of Don's Dirty Laundry that aired back in the 1980s.

sodascouts
08-17-2008, 07:00 PM
That was clever. Bet Don liked it, if he saw it!

TimothyBFan
08-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Not exactly a Don video-but kinda funny imitation of him. Sorry if you guys have seen it already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhjJFV1Q1RA

sodascouts
08-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Check out this adorable interview and performance of Don doing Walkaway Joe with Trisha Yearwood at the CMAs. The quality isn't the greatest - in fact, the CMA performance one is pretty much wretched quality - but still!

Interview about doing Walkaway Joe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixn3WXxuyJc)

Walkaway Joe from the CMAs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXjilPQvIPA)

glenneaglesfan
08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
That's a sweet interview, and it's easy to see how you can fall in love with Don! Here's a clip of the whole song, and I'm smitten!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXjilPQvIPA&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXjilPQvIPA&feature=related)

Thanks for posting, Soda.

DonFan
08-28-2008, 09:35 PM
That's a sweet interview, and it's easy to see how you can fall in love with Don! Here's a clip of the whole song, and I'm smitten!

Welcome to my world, GEF! :heart:

glenneaglesfan
08-29-2008, 01:44 PM
DF, please don't tell Glenn!!

This is the UMG official video. I got goosebumps when Don joined in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djdvgAzqRy8&feature=related

DonFan
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Me too, GEF!
There is a thread around here somewhere where I asked for screencaps of Don in this Walkaway Joe video. It is one of my all-time favorite videos with him--he sounds amazing and he looks drop-dead gorgeous. *sigh* :heart:

Tessa
08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
DF, please don't tell Glenn!!
This is the UMG official video. I got goosebumps when Don joined in!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djdvgAzqRy8&feature=related
Fantastic: " This video is not available in your country."

:oops:

ticky
08-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Tessa, try this http://www.cmt.com/videos/trisha-yearwood/71212/walkaway-joe.jhtml

sodascouts
08-29-2008, 06:59 PM
If you can't get that to work either, you can download the video from DHO:

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/video/walkawayjoe.htm

Tessa
08-29-2008, 08:06 PM
CMT doesn't work either but the last link did.
Thank you sooo much :xoxo:

Both voices are just WOW. This song is amazing.

ticky
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Soda is da best!

sodascouts
08-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Why, yes! Yes, I am the best!! ;) lol j/k

I adore the Walkaway Joe video too. Don's voice is gorgeous on it and sound terrific with Trisha's. The emotion in his voice adds an extra layer of mournful regret, combined with world-weary experience, that makes the song even more powerful.

Mrs Henley
08-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Fantastic: " This video is not available in your country."

:oops:

I've got the same problems! because we're a non US country..it's strange but ok.

Have to be glad that we've a lot of members who knows other places for vids! and of course the EOC network! :)

sodascouts
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Check it out - Don doing "The Times They Are a'Changin'" at the MTV 1993 Inaugural Ball!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwsxX_3zljM

Brooke
08-31-2008, 03:21 PM
He looks gooooo oood there! Thanks! :pimp:

Mrs Henley
08-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Check it out - Don doing "The Times They Are a'Changin'" at the MTV 1993 Inaugural Ball!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwsxX_3zljM

Ooooh he looks great :inlove:

DonFan
08-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Don really does look great. I actually remember watching that entire Inaugural Ball on TV, and I was impressed with him then, too. I have seen a number of inaugurals over the years and that one was very different than its predecessors. As I watched Bill Clinton play his sax that night, I thought, "This is definitely the beginning of a new era in politics." In more ways than one!

08-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh my goodness - he does look very HS&G there - doesn't sound too bad either! :wink:

Freypower
09-01-2008, 12:13 AM
That was excellent. It made me remember what a beautiful melody the song has. If anyone can do justice to Dylan it is Don.

sodascouts
11-14-2008, 01:52 AM
It's audio only, but still a treat:

Don Henley and Bruce Springsteen sing "I Fought the Law"

TimothyBFan
11-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Good finds--brings back memories of watching MTV all the time way back when!!!

This one is from the same that came up in related videos--has it already been put on here also? Sorry if so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWka3rZE3zI&feature=related

sodascouts
11-14-2008, 09:39 AM
We can never see it too often!

Freypower
11-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Can I Fought The Law be converted to MP3, because I would like to put it in iTunes. I have always loved the song.

sodascouts
11-27-2008, 01:48 AM
FP, yes it can, but I just have to have a chance to do it!

In the meantime, check out Don rockin' the lip sync on Top of the Pops, 1985!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGeK_O0iyPs

Freypower
11-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Well. That was 'of its time' as my husband likes to say. No second verse and what was with the female tambourine player? I know Glenn also did TOTP when THIO was a hit. I've never seen that.

Troubadour
11-27-2008, 09:02 PM
OK, I can't help it. That TOTP clip was freaking adorable!

11-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Wow - that was :smokin: !!!!!!

TimothyBFan
11-28-2008, 11:25 AM
That was just great!!!:partytime:

sodascouts
12-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Well. That was 'of its time' as my husband likes to say. No second verse and what was with the female tambourine player? I know Glenn also did TOTP when THIO was a hit. I've never seen that.

I think that they edited the song down to fit the show's requirements, like they do on American Idol. I didn't really get overly interested in the tambourine player - who cares? - but regardless, Don is so cute in it!

sodascouts
12-12-2008, 11:59 PM
This is from Stevie Nicks' 2001 Arizona Heart Benefit. It took place a few weeks after 9/11, which she makes reference to. This also happens to be the first time I saw Don Henley (or any Eagle) perform live!

The quality isn't the greatest but it's still fun.

First there are band intros, which go on a while. The song starts at 4:22.

Leather and Lace (AHI 2001) (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nnb13ZrPps8)

The crowd goes wild when Don comes out! And then of course Stevie makes her way over to him and clings to him... lucky girl!

Then she returns to her mic and HE comes over to HER. I was in the second row, and from there you could tell that him going over to her was unrehearsed. Her eyes widened as he approached and he smiled at her, then moved in nice and close....

SIGH!

EagleLady
12-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Beautiful Soda

DonFan
12-13-2008, 02:05 PM
SIGH is right. That was incredible. :heart:

TimothyBFan
12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
They are just so good together!!!:nod:

Stars
12-15-2008, 10:38 PM
I just watched "Inside Out" for the first time, the duet Don did with Trisha Yearwood. Has anyone seen this video? I nearly fainted when Don got up and walked over to Trisha, and put his arm around her. What a wonderfully, warm and loving video!:nod:

DonFan
12-16-2008, 09:41 AM
I just watched "Inside Out" for the first time, the duet Don did with Trisha Yearwood. Has anyone seen this video?

Only about a hundred times.....:wink:
It is actually one of my favorite Don videos.
Have you seen the first one Don did with Trisha, Walkaway Joe? It is really good too.

Stars
12-17-2008, 03:57 PM
DF, Yes! I just saw "Walkaway Joe" the other day-lovely song and video! I wish Trisha and Don would do more duets-they sound fantastic together, and seem to have great chemistry too! SIGH.:inlove:

Troubadour
12-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh, Don looks so good in Walkaway Joe. And Carla - Inside Out just kills me! I especially love the look on Don's face when Trisha sings "the biggest lie you ever told" - says a lot! Hehe. He's so warm, but playful in that video :heart:

Prettymaid
01-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Here's a five minute interview with Jools Holland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87nZEaivwk

DonFan
02-15-2009, 06:57 PM
This may already be here somewhere, but in case it isn't, here is a great James Taylor video of "Only One." Check out his backup singers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEEuRefe-NY&feature=related

sodascouts
02-15-2009, 07:18 PM
I've never seen this before! It's great!

DonFan
02-15-2009, 07:30 PM
I know! Doesn't Don look great, grinning at Joni, both of them singing away with their now-politically-incorrect cigs in their hands? If anyone is inspired to do a screencap or two of Don from this video, I would be forever grateful.

sodascouts
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I just watched it again. Too bad Don isn't shown more often but I guess they have to give James Taylor some screentime. ;) I'll try to get a cap or two, especially towards the end when you can see that gorgeous smile!

sodascouts
02-15-2009, 10:05 PM
OK - done! Check out Henley Heaven (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=57177#post57177)!

eaglesvet
02-17-2009, 12:59 PM
That is my absolutely favorite JT song...it was my hubby Tom's and my wedding song! Who knew that Don was doing backup vocals? I've always noticed how great the backup singing was on that song, but I never bothered to check why!

DonFan
02-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Aww, EV, you had that sung at your wedding? That is so sweet. It IS a great song, and even greater now that we know who also sang on it with JT.

eaglesvet
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Yup, that was "our song," the one we did our first dance to. Tom is the real JT fan, and he's the one who introduced me to more of his music by taking me to a bunch of his concerts. We also used "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" as our cake-cutting song. But I absolutely LOVE "Only One!"

Fan_For_Life
02-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Ya'll may have already seen this one.

Charlie Rose - DON HENLEY 55 mins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2WecACA5o

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Interesting interview! Thanks for posting.

DonFan
03-11-2009, 08:58 AM
As the tag says, just in case you don't think Don's Boys of Summer is one of the most essential songs in the history of rock:

(Scroll down to find the YouTube video)

http://blog.synthesis.net/2009/03/10/fortress-of-attitude-sxsw-and-tour-dates/

TimothyBFan
03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
That was--uhh? Interesting-Different - Annoying! :hilarious:

03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
OMG - that was .... ugh - I can't even think of a word! :lol:

sodascouts
03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
The video doesn't play for me - sounds like I should be glad, lol.

DonFan
03-11-2009, 07:33 PM
This one is FAR superior. This blog is written by a Fleetwood Mac fan, so scroll down to the second YouTube clip-- is Don & Stevie singing Hotel California from their Two Voices tour. Don is particularly animated in this one, dancing around & flirting with Stevie. Very nice!

http://bloglikeninja.blogspot.com/2009/03/listen-to-wind-blow-watch-sun-rise.html

sodascouts
03-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Ah! How adorable are they at 3:35?? Me loves! :inlove:

Gotta embed that video here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4dVKaBSbo

DonFan
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Ooh, thanks for doing that, Soda! Yes, they are VERY adorable there. I absolutely loved that tour.

Koala
03-12-2009, 03:40 AM
I like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeYEGxUnt1U

Koala
04-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Don Henley sings Solo Hotel California
I hadn't seen this before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMiLAIgG8-g

Maleah
04-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh my gosh Nancy! Did he lick her hand??????? It sure looked like it! Then he got that cute little grin that said he was quite pleased with himself. lol And she smile and gave him a look. lol :hilarious: That is SOOOO cute! Love those two together. Joe and Lindsey may have been the "two great loves of her life," but her and Don definently still have chemistry together!

Fan_For_Life
04-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Don Henley sings Solo Hotel California
I hadn't seen this before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMiLAIgG8-g

I watched this last night for the first time. My goodness it's hard to want to move from in front of the tv. He's awesome. I love how he's a little looser on stage than he is with the Eagles.

Couldn't find a clip: They're Not Here They're Not Coming was one of my favorite songs to see him perform. And of course this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4cuEAU9mXM

sodascouts
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Ah, love that one!

Here's a wonderful version of Boys of Summer (ignore the inexplicable Dong Henuri):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXbS5nUXocc

EagleLady
04-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Wow, what language is that in?

Koala
04-14-2009, 01:22 AM
The End of the Innocence and the Boys of Summer Videos are fantastic!

Peekaboo
04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Oh my gosh Nancy! Did he lick her hand??????? It sure looked like it! Then he got that cute little grin that said he was quite pleased with himself. lol And she smile and gave him a look. lol :hilarious: That is SOOOO cute! Love those two together. Joe and Lindsey may have been the "two great love of her lives," but her and Don definently still have chemistry together!

I noticed that too!!! My first reaction when i saw that was literally "OH MY GOD!!!" with a hand over my mouth. Of course I had to replay that part a few times. He is sooo darn cute!! Oh, i would love to be in Stevie's shoes during that moment in the video. And Maleah, your so right about Don and Stevie's chemistry they are really cute together.