PDA

View Full Version : Eagles-Conseco FH-Indianapolis-Oct 12th

carol7lynn
08-13-2010, 04:15 PM
TM Presale: Wed., Aug 18th-AMEX
General OnSale: Mon., Aug 23rd

Still hoping for a SoCal date at the Staples Center in late Sept or early Oct. Crossing my fingers, eyes and toes.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

TimothyBFan
08-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Curse the Eagles!!! How am I suppose to hold true to my convictions of not shelling out bundles of money for their concert tickets when they keep dropping shows so near me!!!! :brickwall: I shall be strong and prevail!! http://bestsmileys.com/crying/2.gif

sodascouts
08-13-2010, 09:17 PM
At least you won't have me haranguing you trying to get you to go this time!

I would totally be there if I still lived in West Laf. Ah well. :(

Super Frey
08-14-2010, 12:44 PM
I will be coming again, I'm so happy:)

TimothyBFan
08-14-2010, 06:12 PM
At least you won't have me haranguing you trying to get you to go this time!

I would totally be there if I still lived in West Laf. Ah well. :(

Actually thinking about calling you and seeing if you were ready for a visit to Indiana. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
08-14-2010, 06:14 PM
I think I might be ready for a visit to Indiana...

TimothyBFan
08-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh boy!!! If you give in, it's going to make me want to do it even more! What a dilemma!!! :brickwall:

sodascouts
08-16-2010, 01:01 AM
You know, if this weren't just two days after my trip to Austin to see them at ACL (Oct. 10), I would probably be driving up for the Indy concert. I'm not kidding! It's actually three hours closer to Memphis than Austin is. Oh well, at least Austin is cheaper and I get to bring my sister along.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Wow - SuperFrey - glad you're gonna get to this show. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

And Willie and Cathy - you girls need to go if you can since this is so close to you. Remember, one of these days they won't be touring any more and you may regret passing up this opportunity. Not that I'm doing any arm-twisting or anything! :twisted: :lol:

Prettymaid
08-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Well Dreamer, if you get on a plane and come to the Indy show...now that might entice me to go! :nahnah:

luvthelighthouse
08-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Since they are in the area, I feel they should come play Chicago one more time...Hey, I can hold out hope, can't I?

Peekaboo
08-18-2010, 05:57 AM
http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/images/timhat.jpg

Timothy: "Willie, PLEASE OH PLEASE won't you come see me in Indy?"

TimothyBFan
08-18-2010, 08:46 AM
:hilarious: You don't play fair!!!! But that would definitely work---especially if he guarantees me a seat right smack in front of him!

Something to put into perspective also.... in October at the Star Theater about an hour away, I can get a ticket for the Styx show on the floor for $45.50, a seat on the floor for Jon Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience for $55.00 and in November a seat on the floor for The Jim Hendrix Experience Tribute with Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd for $70.00. That's $175.50 for 3 shows----less than 1 ticket for the Eagles. I know I'd rather see the Eagles but still..... BITE ME IRVING!!!!

chaleymom
08-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey guys! Long time no talk!!! My friend just told me this morning that the boys are coming to Indy - only about 2 hours away from me....

Dilemma.... should I spend the bucks to see the same show I already saw three times or not..... I ASSUME it's the same show? Same jokes, same videos..... same sexy boys... :nahnah:

I too have spent lots on concert tickets this year already, and all of them together probably would add up to one Eagles ticket.... what to do?

Tickets go on sale here on Monday - but of course I just saw there was an AMEX presale already today which pretty much guarantees a less-than-great seat if I was to purchase on Monday... :scowl:

Who's Irving? Is he the spoiler-of-the-great-seats person or something? Clue me in!!

Freypower
08-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey guys! Long time no talk!!! My friend just told me this morning that the boys are coming to Indy - only about 2 hours away from me....

Dilemma.... should I spend the bucks to see the same show I already saw three times or not..... I ASSUME it's the same show? Same jokes, same videos..... same sexy boys... :nahnah:

I too have spent lots on concert tickets this year already, and all of them together probably would add up to one Eagles ticket.... what to do?

Tickets go on sale here on Monday - but of course I just saw there was an AMEX presale already today which pretty much guarantees a less-than-great seat if I was to purchase on Monday... :scowl:

Who's Irving? Is he the spoiler-of-the-great-seats person or something? Clue me in!!

Irving is the Eagles' manager, Irving Azoff.

08-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Hey Kim - welcome back. It's so good to hear from you - we've missed you around here. As far as tickets to the show, it you can manage to be strong, good seats are often dropped about a week from the show. It takes a lot of patience to be able to hold out though. :wink:

Now, as far as the ticket prices, I know the cost of an Eagles show is extremely high, and it is a personal choice that everyone has to make. However, for me, I look at it like this. There are indeed a lot of good concerts I could go to for a lot less money, but when I see the Eagles - I am paying to see the top band of the 70's perform legendary songs at an extremely high level for almost 3 hours with almost the same lineup that they had when they disbanded. That is a very rare thing to see these days.

Well Dreamer, if you get on a plane and come to the Indy show...now that might entice me to go! :nahnah:

And hey - don't bet against me. I'm weighing my options as we speak! :lol:

Prettymaid
08-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Al-RIGHT!

Prettymaid
08-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Tickets for this show go on sale tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have a Dr. appointment in the morning (not that I expect anything good to pop up but you never know). Still not certain if we're going to go, but we're going to be watching the tickets closely.

jdubfan
08-23-2010, 05:32 PM
:hilarious: You don't play fair!!!! But that would definitely work---especially if he guarantees me a seat right smack in front of him!

Something to put into perspective also.... in October at the Star Theater about an hour away, I can get a ticket for the Styx show on the floor for $45.50, a seat on the floor for Jon Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience for $55.00 and in November a seat on the floor for The Jim Hendrix Experience Tribute with Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd for $70.00. That's $175.50 for 3 shows----less than 1 ticket for the Eagles. I know I'd rather see the Eagles but still..... BITE ME IRVING!!!!

They do have a lot of entertainment @ Merrillville, seen a lot of shows there. It's a handy trip and pretty good venue. I grew up w/Styx, met Tommy many yrs ago, great guy, but I miss Dennis on lead vocals. I love Jonny and Kenny, two great young slingers for sure, but it's not Jimi. It's great that there's another Bonham to carry on the crazy, but it's not Led Zep. It could be argued that this version isn't the original Eagles, but I sure love this particular bunch of guys together and the music they've produced.
I guess it's about the bang for the buck, quantity vs. quality. original vs tribute band. Good vs. Great.
It's our own calls to make, and they are awfully difficult decisions to make sometimes....my bucks are tending to go to these guys right now, but they're kinda like Brett Favre, just when you think it's the last hoorah....back they come for another round. They were such an important part of my life, it's hard for me to know when to say when. Just wish Irving wasn't in the $$ mix, he can bite my tush too.

Super Frey
08-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't think, I can go having money issues. Oh well at least I saw em last year.

TimothyBFan
08-24-2010, 08:11 AM
I know what you mean EF! Anyone on FB knows the crappy week we had last week but let me recap..... battery died in my truck, muffler fell off Larry's truck, bought car for daughter and motor blew up on the way home (seriously!!!!) and same night, lit the oven and guess what...it didn't get hot. That was just in a 3 day span. Add on to that that it is back to school $$ spending season....Unless Timothy's willing to comp me that front row seat I so desperately want, I doubt I will be there at this point.

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Aw! :(

TimothyBFan
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Since I just LOVE torture.... I went on Ticketmaster and the best single seat I can find is in the 3rd furthest back on the floor, row 8. But hey, it was on an aisle! Needless to say, didn't purchase it.

Prettymaid
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
The premium priced seats for Indy have been moved to box office - face value. We just purchased third row Joe side! There are some fourth row available right now...Willie...Nancy? C'mon, who's coming with us?

Troubadour
09-21-2010, 06:21 AM
That's great, Cathy! Third row! I'm so excited for you. :yay:

TimothyBFan
09-21-2010, 07:20 AM
Ok---After I received Cathy's text last night, I got on and started my own search. Best I pulled up was 4th row on Joe's side, which is good but.... wasn't good enough to convince me, especially when I was reminded that "face value" is $222.00 now because there are no more "hidden fees", let's just tack on the fees to the actual ticket price (say it anyway you want Irving--we still know!). I know Cathy & hubby pulled up a 5th row (I think it was) on Timothy's side, but that one never came up for me or I probably would've relented at that point---to heck with the car repair, the oven repair, the new muffler, etc... who needs those things anyways? My hubby doesn't help keep me strong when he's sitting there saying "go for it!". Seriously, way to keep me from spending money foolishly Larry!

Like I told Cathy last night, I sure wish we were rich and had a chauffeur (I don't like to drive distance or cities), then it would be a no brainer. Her answer back..."Time to call Timothy to send the lear jet!" :hilarious:

carol7lynn
09-21-2010, 10:50 AM
The premium priced seats for Indy have been moved to box office - face value. We just purchased third row Joe side! There are some fourth row available right now...Willie...Nancy? C'mon, who's coming with us?

I'm sooo happy for you.:partytime: Can't wait to hear your review.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

TimothyBFan
10-11-2010, 07:51 AM
So is anyone going to this show? :hilarious:

PM- Are you puking yet?

Prettymaid
10-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Lol! That's very appropriate since we watched HFO last night!

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/areyoupukin.png

Oh, and by the way...YES I AM!!!

Prettymaid
10-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Just confirmed in the Louisville thread that JD and the Straight Shot is opening for the Eagles at Indy and Louisville.

AzEaglesFan
10-11-2010, 05:24 PM
In Houston it was a hour of JD and 3 hours of Eagles. They didn't have an opening act in Phoenix. I didn't think they cut their show short if there was an opening act. Is this something they just started doing???

cheryl
10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Prettymaid - I AM GOING. I got a ticket two days ago. I will be in row 8,seat5. This is on the right side by Joe. Almost where I sat in 2009. Say HI if you get a chance.

Prettymaid
10-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Cheryl, we will be just in front of you, row 3, seats 7 and 8, I think. I can't wait!

luvthelighthouse
10-12-2010, 10:08 AM
PM, I know I don't have to say it, but I will anyway... Have a great time! I have a feeling it's gonna be a great show!

Cheryl, is this your first Eagles show, or have their been others?

Can't wait for you both to report back! Enjoy!

rickmullen
10-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Please, somebody post a setlist after tonight's show.

I'm curious to see how long the concert is after JD does his
opening thing.

Rick

Brooke
10-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Have fun to everyone going! Can't wait for all the details!

cheryl
10-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Luv - This will be my second Eagles show. I saw them last year (march 2009) at Indy. It was the best concert I had ever seen. ( that includes Paul Mccartney and Elvis's last show.

10-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Hope those of you at the show tonight are having a blast!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.