PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas, NV 1-27-07

DonFan
01-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I just read Lisa's short review in Eagleland on Don's Vegas show last night and it sounds like it was a great show. Apparently he listened to those of us who wanted him to let his hair grow, because it is quite a bit longer in the photo they posted. Makes me wonder if he will have it trimmed before his big MusiCares award ceremony? He also dressed all in black, which is always good.

He also said the new Eagles album will be ready in 60-90 days and that he will see us all this summer. Hooray! I can't WAIT.

Sounds like a great time was had by all--wish I could've been there!

Molly
01-28-2007, 10:17 AM
He also said the new Eagles album will be ready in 60-90 days and that he will see us all this summer. Hooray! I can't WAIT.

Wow! That sounds promising! Not quite the time frame Joe said but maybe if we take all these comments and average them all together we can get a rough idea of a timeframe!

timfan
01-28-2007, 12:32 PM
woweee that sounds great!

Witchy Mummy
01-28-2007, 12:35 PM
That's very exciting news. Keeping fingers crossed :D

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Good deal! Maybe Joe and Tim were less certain because they're not as in control of such things? Anyway, his definitive answer is very encouraging. It could be quite a summer!

glenneaglesfan
01-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow - 60 to 90 days sounds as if they are close to the mark! Thanks for the news, DF. Glad to hear it was a good show.

timfan
01-28-2007, 02:10 PM
I am assuming the '60 to 90 days' is til they are finished recording it and then it will still have to be prepped for the market. But what do other's think?

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Makes sense, TF. That would explain the variance in answers. Who knows how long post-production will take?

freyfanatic
01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Don looks mighty fine in those pics from Vegas, so gorgeous with long hair <<sigh>>

DonFan
01-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Don looks mighty fine in those pics from Vegas, so gorgeous with long hair <<sigh>>

I agree, freyfanatic. I love it when he looks more like a rocker, with longer hair and all in black, and leaves those plaid shirts at home! :wink:

Freypower
01-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I don't want to rain on any parade, but this 60 to 90 days stuff still means three months, if that. I'm beyond cynical now, but I agree it was good that he said something.

Brooke
01-29-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm glad to hear something concrete from a band member!

And I love his longer hair, too! :D

Perfect Little Sister
01-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Much better than Glenn's, "I don't know if we'll ever get it finished".

EasyFeeling
01-29-2007, 02:13 PM
He said that? :shock:

Great news about the new album! :D :D

Perfect Little Sister
01-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Back in the summer, when Glenn was intro-ing "I Love to Watch a Woman Dance" he commented that they were working on the album, didn't know if they'd get it done but they were getting closer and said ILTWAWD was "in the can". I just can't wait for them to finish it. And being greedy, I'd love for Glenn to put out a new solo album. (but i'm not holding my breath lol)

Ive always been a dreamer
01-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Don's remarks are very encouraging. I want some announcements soon! <crosses>

And OBTW - I'm one that likes the long hair - although, I'd prefer that he cover the gray! :wink:

sodascouts
01-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for posting that! Interesting photo they used, lol.

P.S. I'm also of the "Don, Don't Give in to the Gray" club. lol

Brooke
01-31-2007, 02:06 PM
I have to say I like the gray better than the orange spikey stuff! :D

sodascouts
01-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks for keeping an eye out for these articles, Brooke. I wonder why there's officially "no comment" as of yet?

(And OK, anyting is preferable to orange!)

glenneaglesfan
01-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for posting those articles, Brooke. Seems the press have latched on to the 60 to 90 day comment.

I seem to recognise that jacket! He wore it in Dublin. :D

Brooke
01-31-2007, 05:32 PM
My local classic rock station actually mentioned the news today quoting some of the articles. It was great to hear this over the air waves! :shock:

DonFan
01-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks from me too, Brooke.
I think I remember that picture of Don--it was taken last spring when he dedicated Brister's Path at Walden Woods. I remember reading that there was a torrential rainstorm that day.

Maleah
01-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Here's the picture that accompanies the article:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Henley/henley.jpg

Not current, since his hair was longer at the show! I can't believe he said "if we don't kill each other first!" :shock: :lol:

I like Don's hair in that pic!!

Oh and Don didn't say that.........at least not according to the people on Eagleland that attended the concert. According to them, he said "if it kills us" not "if we don't kill each other first." that darn media :roll: LOL

Z
01-31-2007, 09:23 PM
My local classic rock station actually mentioned the news today quoting some of the articles. It was great to hear this over the air waves! :shock:

Someone I work with came over to our department this morning to tell me that she heard it on a station out of Philly.

DonFan
02-01-2007, 12:24 AM
I get a daily Google alert on Don, and tonight that little news brief about what Don said about the Eagles' new album posted at least five times, from sources as diverse as the Boston Herald, CityNews in Toronto, Digital Spy, and Live Daily.

We've been talking about this for months and months, and now it is suddenly breaking news.

Amazing.

sodascouts
02-01-2007, 12:26 AM
An article came through on my Glenn google alert, too. It's getting out there!

EasyFeeling
02-01-2007, 05:59 AM

The same happened in Germany. My mom called me today and told me our local radio station played an Eagles song (of course she don't remember which song it was :roll: ) and mentioned the upcoming album. They quoted Don too.

Freypower
02-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Even cynical me is starting to think that momentum is growing now.

To quote T.S. Eliot 'do I dare to eat a peach'? It was the first thing that suddenly entered my head. Don would probably appreciate the thought. :)

sodascouts
02-04-2007, 08:59 PM
I posted this on the YouTube thread but figured it should go in here, too - for posterity. ;)

Dirty Laundry Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjUuVgZ2qfQ)

End of the Innocence Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=676puAS76xQ)

Hotel California clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgL1nhygekg)