PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Surgeon killed in car crash

Stars
08-18-2010, 07:32 AM
I just read about a terrible tragedy that easily could have been avoided. A prominent plastic surgeon was killed yesterday in a car crash in California, near Malibu. Apparently, he was texting while driving.
This is such a horrible and tragic loss-hopefully it will be a wake up call for people who text while they drive, and they will stop doing it. I hope that lives can be saved as a result of this tragedy.
My prayers are with his family and friends-may he rest in peace.

Brooke
08-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Stars, I know what you mean. This texting and driving must stop. I see kids doing it all the time when I'm in town at stop lights.

Oprah is doing a big campaign called "No Phone Zone" and asks people on her show to take the "pledge". Really, people shouldn't be talking and driving either, but the texting is far worse. It seems that nearly every car I meet anymore, people are talking on the phone. Wake up people!

Eve
08-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Isn't he that surgeon that did all those surgeries in one day on that Montag chick?

MikeA
08-18-2010, 08:13 PM
I feel about those texting while driving and causing accidents, just about the same as I feel about accidents involving alcohol. I am far more concerned about anyone else that might have been involved in the wreck than I am about the idiot behind the wheel and keypad of that phone!

Is it known if anyone else was involved in the wreck?

Eve
08-18-2010, 08:20 PM
You are right Mike. It sounds like he drove it off a cliff while texting. One less idiot on the road that may have taken somebody's elses life.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Such a senseless tragedy - it's such a shame when careless acts like this cost someone their life. My heart goes out to his family.

sodascouts
08-19-2010, 02:22 AM
How sad. I have seen people texting while driving - one hand on the wheel, glancing down at the phone every other second... Apparently this guy was updating his Twitter. Everyone who does it always thinks they've got it under control, they can do both with no problem - it's other people who have the accidents, people who aren't as "good at it." When they find out differently, it's too late.

Here's a pretty effective psa spot I've seen recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl2xhfVUu0Y

eaglesvet
09-15-2010, 10:00 AM
That is a very effective ad, because it's realistic. There's a campaign in the schools around here to have parents sign on against texting while driving. I think it may have been promoted on Oprah's show. The goal is to be sure your tweens and teens are aware that their moms are signed on as NOT texting while driving, so that hopefully when they start driving, actions speak louder than words.