PDA

View Full Version : Talk to Joe

Wildthyme
08-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Just got this in an email from the fan club:

"Ever dream of talking with the Eagles legendary guitarist, Joe Walsh?

Email eagles@aperadio.com and tell us why you want to talk to Joe and what you'd say if you had the chance. A lucky few will be chosen for a one-on-one conversation with Joe Walsh on Eagles Radio!"

ticky
08-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Probably they would frown on "Tell me exactly what you're wearing right now Joe and then remove it slowly and describe every move to me?"

Hmm... guess I'll have to work on it...

GlennLover
08-20-2010, 09:32 PM
:hilarious: Go for it Ticky!

Wildthyme
08-20-2010, 11:46 PM
You might score points for creativity and daring with that question Rhonda.... :lol:

EaglesFanatic
08-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Do you have to be part of the JWFC to do this, or can anyone send an email in?

Wildthyme
08-21-2010, 01:03 AM
As far as I can tell its for anyone...

TimothyBFan
08-21-2010, 10:12 AM
3Encores just posted this on Facebook this morning also.http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs192.ash2/45496_430481738657_119818633657_4832789_4726315_n. jpg

Super Frey
08-21-2010, 02:52 PM
I'd ask him to come home with me lol:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

EaglesFanatic
08-21-2010, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't even know where to begin! I would have so many questions for him :hilarious: but how AWESOME would it be to have a one-on-one conversation with Joe! I'm glad you don't have to be a member of JWFC though.

sodascouts
08-22-2010, 03:20 PM
It's trite, but I'd ask him if that solo album is ever going to materialize and if he ever plans to tour again. In fact, I think I'll send that in right now!

Prettymaid
08-22-2010, 06:27 PM
I hope they pick good questions and not ones we've heard the answers to a million times before. The only question I can think of right now is if he ever regrets having the reputation of being the Clown Prince of Rock.

sodascouts
08-22-2010, 08:34 PM
And maybe why he cultivated it in the first place?

Ive always been a dreamer
08-22-2010, 09:39 PM
OMG - how I would love the opportunity to have a one-on-one conversation with any of the guys. I can think of about a gazillion questions I'd love to ask any of them.

MikeA
08-23-2010, 07:08 AM
regrets having the reputation of being the Clown Prince of Rock

Speaking of the "Clown Prince"....That one I've heard him answer. That persona is a mask he hides (or hid) behind to cover his fear and stage fright. He still uses it to divert questions he doesn't wish to talk about or subjects he is not comfortable with.

tbs fanatic
08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Mike - you should try out for this. I'm sure it will be overloaded with women trying to win this. Your manliness could give you the upper hand :thumbsup::hilarious:. I would be useless if I won. I would just turn into some blathering fool when my turn came to ask a question :crazy:.

TimothyBFan
08-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Should I submit the only question I have been able to think of? Can you tell me everything you know about Timothy B. Schmit? :unimpressed:

Troubadour
08-23-2010, 12:03 PM
LOL, Willie!

MikeA
08-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Here's one that might get Joe's attention:

Similar to "Fantasy Football" except "Fantasy Band:"

Joe, if you could not select Eagles, James Gang or Barnstorm, which Band would you most like to have been a member of?

I'm thinking it would probably be either the Beatles who he listened to and admired so much, or "The Who" with whom he was closely associated in the early years. But he might surprise us!

jdubfan
08-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Here's one that might get Joe's attention:

Similar to "Fantasy Football" except "Fantasy Band:"

Joe, if you could not select Eagles, James Gang or Barnstorm, which Band would you most like to have been a member of?

I'm thinking it would probably be either the Beatles who he listened to and admired so much, or "The Who" with whom he was closely associated in the early years. But he might surprise us!

This is really good. He's probably been asked everything. as long as he's been around. It sure makes it hard to be original, or ask something profound, at least that's how I felt. But, I also like the future questions. He always says they're in uncharted territory for old rockers. Any new charts planned? Music-wise, that is.

Prettymaid
08-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I hope everybody submits their questions. It would be so cool (and so right) if somebody from the Border won!

AzEaglesFan
08-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Your right, Mike. I have hear him go from answering questions like a college professor one minutes and then they would ask him something he either did not want to answer or was way to nosey and suddenly he acts like a cross between Clem Kiddelhopper and Gomer Pyle.

ticky
08-24-2010, 07:55 PM
My friend, Karen Saywaker from Au WON! she got an email this morning saying Joe was going to call her but she didnt get the email right away. She's afraid she may have missed his call!! AHH!! I'll keep ya'll informed!

MikeA
08-24-2010, 08:25 PM
My friend, Karen Saywaker from Au WON! she got an email this morning saying Joe was going to call her but she didnt get the email right away. She's afraid she may have missed his call!! AHH!! I'll keep ya'll informed!

Good on ya Karen!

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 09:19 PM
How cool! Go Karen!

Troubadour
08-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Wow! That's so cool! I REALLY hope she didn't miss that call!

EaglesFanatic
08-24-2010, 10:11 PM
OMG GUYS! I'm freaking out! They sent an email to me saying that I was selected! I just thought I'd send in an email just for the heck of it, Im mean I wasn't expecting AT ALL to win! I am so so so happy right now!!!! :) :) :) :)

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 10:24 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whitcap
08-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Congrats EF!

EaglesFanatic
08-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys! Now I need to choose out of my questions what to ask. They said I should choose one to ask. Here's what I sent...
I would ask how he has been able to get through the rough times in his life, while still being able to continue his musical career persistently. I would ask how The Eagles asked him to join the band, and what Joe's initial reaction was when they asked. I would ask what his favorite song is that he has written and why. I would ask about his relationship with Stevie Nicks. Stevie said in an interview that Joe Walsh was the only person she wanted to marry, so I am curious as to why they broke up. I would ask if he thinks they will do more tours in the future aside from the Long Road Out Of Eden Tour this Summer. Finally, I would ask him for any advice for guitarists (I have been teaching myself guitar).
Which of those questions should I ask? I can't decide! :hilarious:

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Stevie! He very rarely talks about Stevie. Ask him about Stevie! Especially about how he felt when he heard the song she wrote for him, aptly titled "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You", inspired by their trip to his daughter's favorite park. And about how she said she would give up her career for him, and that he was one of her "Great loves."

Here is some "research":

Thread on Joe and Stevie (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209&highlight=stevie)

Stevie talking about Joe:
http://www.joewalshonline.com/multimedia/MP3/StevieNicksBBC91HAEWAFY.mp3

ticky
08-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Joe's break up with Stevie was pretty ugly and he avoids talking about it as much as possible I think, also his rough times he doesnt like to talk about much so if you did ask about those, chances are he'd probably cut his answers pretty short. I'd, personally be really interested in the question about how he started with The Eagles and guitar advice Im always interested in *G* The Eagles info I know he'd be willing to expound on and he'd probably appreciate it because it's not a question he gets a lot. I think it's been written about and talked about a lot, but not by Joe himself.
HUGE Congrats!! and I cant wait to hear all about it! (be sure and tell Joe Rhonda loves him *G*)

Karen said she missed his call because of the time difference. Evidently his call would have come about 4am and she didnt even get the email till the next day. She's emailed him back and explained, but I dunno if she'll get another chance.

Woodstock
08-24-2010, 11:53 PM
I would ask him how the Eagles asked him to join the band. He'd probably be serious and that is a story I would like to hear. That's so awesome he's going to call you.:partytime:

Prettymaid
08-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Congratulations EF! This is so cool!

I guess you shouldn't have asked us because we're all giving you different answers, but I like your question about getting through the rough times. If you could get a serious answer out of him, I'd like to hear it.

Eve
08-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Joe's break up with Stevie was pretty ugly and he avoids talking about it as much as possible I think, also his rough times he doesnt like to talk about much so if you did ask about those, chances are he'd probably cut his answers pretty short.

That is pretty sound advice and pretty personal questions I would not blame him for not wanting to answer.

MikeA
08-25-2010, 08:02 AM
You WOULD get a serious answer about the "hard times". In reality, that would tie in with the Stevie question. He's said (or maybe it was Stevie who said) that they HAD to break up...they were enabling each other too much with drugs and booze. I would guess that he'd then go into his "RECOVERY" which was with AA and the 12-steps. He feels a strong responsibility toward that and at least as late as 2003, he would find a "meeting" in virtually every concert city that the Eagles were playing and make a venture there.

I've heard several times his advise to aspiring guitar players. He advises two things primarily...first, learn EVERYTHING that the Beatles ever did. Second...play in front of people!

I like the "favorite song" question. I've heard him speak of guitarists he admires, both past and current. I can't recall his specifying a "favorite song" that HE'S written. I seem to recall him making jokes about how if he'd known that he was going to be around this long, he'd have written "Funk #49" and "Rocky Mountain Way" differently, but that is as close to any criticism I can recall him making about any of his own music. I think this is a question that he'd answer, but I don't think he'd name just one song. I think that if I were going to ask that question, I'd qualify it by underscoring that you know that the one that is favorite may not be one that was the biggest hit. It would be interesting to see if he names 'One Day At A Time" from LROE since it is his latest...."promotion" ya know.

I also think he'd answer the question about how it went down when he join the Eagles. I think it has been answered before many times, but I don't recall Joe answering is. It would be interesting to find out if it meshes with the story that has been published....Joe needed a band and he needed a situation in which he could "just play" and not run the show. But I'm not sure I've ever heard Joe speak to that issue. So much was contained in Mark Lane's two part view with Joe and it was deep and Joe was cooperating so intently on the questions. What a job Mark did with that interview and the prior research.

Another I thought of that he "might" get into and that would lead into follow up information: If the Eagles disbanded right now, would Joe continue performing and releasing new material, or would he settle into domestic life and only occasionally perform? Joe is overwhelmingly loyal to Eagles and puts them first above everything else except hopefully, his marriage. But he has stated several times that he has shelves of music he's written and more than enough for several albums that would just have to be mastered.

GOOD LUCK in choosing EF and CONGRATULATIONS!

TimothyBFan
08-25-2010, 08:02 AM
I tend to agree with Rhonda. I think the Stevie question should be a definite no no. It's way to personal IMO. I love the question about what his reaction was when he was asked to join the Eagles. And ask if he's glad he did. ;) JK

BTW--Congrats to you EF and to Karen. I hope it all works out and Karen gets another phone call.

sodascouts
08-25-2010, 09:12 AM
I see you guys' point about the Stevie question. It is, however, telling that they did not forbid it (ie, "Ask him anything BUT the Stevie question"). However I think everyone here is making good sense and I'm sure whichever one you go with, you'll be great!

Prettymaid
08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
I think this idea has Joe written all over it. I can just hear them explaining to him that the contestants will submit a question via email and he can answer them on the air. And Joe saying, "Oh, I'll just give 'em a call and talk to them in person."

Brooke
08-25-2010, 10:18 AM
EF and Karen, congratulations on being chosen! :cool:

I really like Mike's questions about his favorite song and the one about if he would continue to perform if the Eagles gave it up. Ooooh, how to decide?! Good luck!

Peekaboo
08-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Wow!! VERY cool EF!! I'm so happy for you!! :)

I sure hope Karen gets another chance to talk to Joe.

Prettymaid
08-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, can you imagine finding out that you missed a call from JOE WALSH!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/dead/2.gif

Freypower
08-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Ticky said Karen was from 'Au'. Does that mean Australia? Why did they not take account of the time difference? We are currently 17 hours ahead of US Pacific Time. That means here it is 9.17 am on August 26. In LA it is 4.17 pm on August 25.

EaglesFanatic
08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone, and I hope that Karen gets another chance! So I was at school today, and during my lunch period, I got the best phone call ever! :hilarious: I can't believe I talked with Joe Walsh! Of course, he started off by saing, "Hey Zoe, how ya doin'?" OMG Joe said my name lol! He said to me, don't be nervous, just pretend we've known each other since high school. I asked him the question about how the Eagles asked him to join the band. Basically, to put it short, he said that the Eagles started as a country rock band, but they wanted something to change things up a little, so they had asked Joe. Then he said that's when they wrote Hotel California. I also told him about how I saw him and the Eagles in concert over the summer. I was really nervous though haha (I could barely spit the words out at first :hilarious:). I was shaking from excitement! He was very nice, and I just CAN'T believe I spoke with him. This just made my life!!!!

Freypower
08-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Congratulations!

ticky
08-26-2010, 12:03 AM
AHH!! EF!! How freakin cool is that?? *G* And how cool is it that you were at school when he called! hehehe Im glad you asked him the eagls question and Ill have to listen closely to Eagles Radio and see if I can hear the question. Im really interested in hearing how he put it and what he said. I kind of figured he'd give you a pretty condensed version but it was a great question anyway. Congrats!! Im happy for you!!

Woodstock
08-26-2010, 12:45 AM
That is so cool. Glad he made your life! It'll probably be a few days before your feet hit the ground again.:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
08-26-2010, 07:04 AM
EF, I'm so happy for you! I love that he told you to "just pretend we've known each other since high school." Are you in high school yet or do you have another year to go?

Let's have all the juicy details. When you got on the phone was Joe already on there or did somebody else speak to you first? Did Joe know ahead of time what question you were going to ask? Did they tell you that the call would be recorded? Did Joe sound just like himself? :hilarious:

MikeA
08-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Ticky said Karen was from 'Au'. Does that mean Australia? Why did they not take account of the time difference? We are currently 17 hours ahead of US Pacific Time. That means here it is 9.17 am on August 26. In LA it is 4.17 pm on August 25.

"Yes", Karen and her family live in Australia. She is a BIG fan of Joe's...and a good friend of mine too. I'm grieved that she missed Joe's call.

As for the time difference, remember that Joe was only drunk ONE TIME....for 30 years according to him. You can't expect him to do technical things like allow for Time Zones <LOL>

Poor Karen <sigh>

Hey, HAPPY for YOU EF!

EaglesFanatic
08-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks Ticky! haha Woodstock, it WAS very cool. PM, yes, it was really funny, because I am a sophomore in high school. Someone called me, and asked for "Zoe, for the Eagles Radio contest." No, it was not Joe. But when he told us to start talking, Joe did the whole introduction. I'm not sure if he knew what question I was going to ask, but if I had to guess, I would say he did know. They said on the email that the phone call would be captured and aired on Eagles Radio. YES YES! He sounded just like he normally does! I was freaking out right when I heard him start talking :hilarious:

Brooke
08-26-2010, 09:58 AM
EF, this is fantastic! Congratulations! How very :cool: ! Great question! :thumbsup:

I'm so glad that he got you during lunch and not during a test or class or something where you couldn't answer your phone! Around here, they are making kids turn their phones off at school.

tbs fanatic
08-26-2010, 04:05 PM
WOW! That is super cool. LOL - I thought you were joking at first :hilarious:.

EaglesFanatic
08-26-2010, 06:19 PM
EF, this is fantastic! Congratulations! How very :cool: ! Great question! :thumbsup:

I'm so glad that he got you during lunch and not during a test or class or something where you couldn't answer your phone! Around here, they are making kids turn their phones off at school.

Well I talked to my principal about the whole contest, and what timeframe Joe would be calling. It was between 12pm and 1pm, but my lunch only goes until 12:30, then I have geometry. So my principal said that I could miss the first part of class in order to wait for his call haha. Usually we are not allowed to keep our phones on though.

08-26-2010, 10:25 PM
That is absolutely very cool that you got chosen to talk to Joe, EF. I know that's an experience that you'll never forget! Sounds like you done good. :thumbsup: I'll bet your principal was wishing they were the one getting the call though! :lol:

And what a shame that Karen missed her call.I can imagine how disappointing that must be.

Koala
08-27-2010, 01:12 AM
EF, this is cool! Congrats!

I found this article The Eagles Joe Walsh Answers Fans Calls Tonight (http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/aug/25The_Eagles_Joe_Walsh_Answers_Fans_Calls_Tonight. shtml)

MikeA
08-27-2010, 08:16 AM
EF........That is a kewl skeul you go to! The school went to wouldn't let us take phone calls unless it was a family emergency....but wait. When I went to school, we didn't even have calculators....we had to use slide rules!

But I'm glad your School Principal was understanding about the importance of Classic Rock and the People who made that Music! Good ON Them!

I just thought of another question that might be a good one. I'd be interested anyway:

"Joe, how much time do you spend working the Eagles Radio Station and when do you find the time to do it?"

nicolasgt
08-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Is there someone who recorded the interview please?

Wildthyme
08-27-2010, 06:38 PM
I got a chance to hear Joe's conversations with the people that won the contest (EF, you sounded great! :))

I was excited to hear Joe has a new solo album in the works (he said its 4/5ths done) and says he will consider touring on his own if and when the Eagles stop. :lol: He also mentioned that he was almost positive Don is working on a new solo album too and said he was going to try and get some of his "band mates" to join him on Eagles radio sometime. :yay:

EaglesFanatic
08-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Haha, thanks Wildthyme. Did you hear it on Eagles Radio? Because I would like to hear the interviews too.
Im really anxious to hear his new album! I had no clue that Don was also working on a solo album. That should be exciting when he's done with it!
You know, I was wondering... Is Joe the only one that runs Eagles Radio? Why don't the other members do anything on there?

whitcap
08-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I heard your conversation with Joe EF. You did great. They have the conversations up on eaglesfans.com

Prettymaid
08-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the info WC.

Zoe, I'm impressed girl! You sounded cool as a cucumber! (Well, maybe not quite that cool, but you didn't sound too nervous!) :thumbsup: I would have loved to have been you at that moment!

EaglesFanatic
08-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks whitcap and PM :) I was so nervous though! I was literally shaking, and I could barely spit the words out of my mouth :lol: My boyfriend was with me when I was on the phone, and he knows that I'm obsessed with the Eagles. So he was just chuckling at how crazy I was acting. He asked how old Joe is and I said in his 60's. He was joking around asking me if Joe's going to be my next husband :hmm: :lol:

jdubfan
08-29-2010, 02:55 PM
How crazy is it to be picked for a question?!? Congratulations on getting to talk to Joe! I know he's good at talking to nervous fans. You must have listened to his advice, Good Job!:yay:

Prettymaid
08-29-2010, 06:46 PM
I just finished listening to all of the calls. The most exciting news is that he's putting out a solo album and that One Day At A Time is going to be on it!

MikeA
08-30-2010, 01:39 AM
I just finished listening to all of the calls. The most exciting news is that he's putting out a solo album and that One Day At A Time is going to be on it!

Has he bracketed that "solo album" by any dates Cathy?

I ask because he's said for at least 7 years now that he has enough material in the can to put out a couple of albums of new stuff. He's said that it is pure Rock & Roll. I've no doubt these statements are true. However, I not sure how current those new works are. He may be stalling until he has time to rework them or some of them considering his current "state of being". It will be fantastic though no matter what he releases.

TimothyBFan
08-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Zoe--I am so excited for you!! Will go listen to it later. Very sad for Karen tho. If it's already been on, it doesn't sound like she gets a redo. Bummer!

Just imagining being in high school and getting a phone call from an Eagle during the day while there. :shock: Wonder how many of the kids would even realize who Joe Walsh or the Eagles are.

MikeA
08-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I got up early (for my son, not early for me) and played golf Sunday morning with a tee time of 7:30am. We'd gotten there at a little before 7am thinking we'd go ahead and get our cart and get it loaded and then spend some time stretching. Well, wen we got there the Clubhouse was still closed and there were several people on the putting green and a few who were walking who had gone ahead and took to the course even though the flags hadn't been put on the greens.

About 7:20, this old codger drives up in a dilapidated pickup truck and sonders slowly into the clubhouse looking as though he was on a 10 years binge and barely able to find the right keys to open the clubhouse up!

He mumbled and grumbled as he took money from those in front of us looking and sounding as though he'd rather be cleaning sewers than doing what he was doing! Then it came our turn to pay. When I got to the counter to sign in his face broke into the closest thing he obviously to a pleasant expression.

I quickly glanced to be sure my fly was zipped and realized then what he was smiling at. I had on a Joe Walsh tee shirt that I seldom ever wear. Most of mine are black but this one happened to be the only white shirt I had that morning. He was a big fan of Joe's and had caught him early on with the Eagles. He'd taken a tour bus from Wichita to Kansas City back in the mid-seventies. He said that he didn't remember a lot about that concert...apparently they had quite a party on the trip up to the show <LOL>

Prettymaid
08-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Has he bracketed that "solo album" by any dates Cathy?

You should listen to the calls if you get a chance Mike. You can listen here (http://eaglesfans.typepad.com/latest_news/2010/08/joe-talks-to-fans.html).

He talked about the album with more than one caller. He said it's 4/5 done. He said the Eagles come first and when he has some free time he works on it. He said he goes to the studio in the mornings. I'm sure that's a lot different than his old work ethic!

jdubfan
08-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Love hearing the calls of the lucky ppl, cracks me up how Joe can't take a compliment, you can even hear him blushing over the radio. He sounds so embarassed when his fans say they love him and care about him. He's so gentle and thoughtful with their feelings, tho.
And I absolutely love his chuckle. :hilarious: that crackly kinda heh heh heh that he does. Made me laugh along with him. I love that wild sense of humor, ruins me for other fellers...rock on forever Joe:headbang::headbang:

But the best words of all "touring" with the new album release!!!!:partytime:

Peekaboo
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow Zoe!!! That is so cool!! I'm so happy for you. You sounded great!! :thumbsup:

MikeA
08-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Zoey: You did well...VERY WELL!

sodascouts
08-31-2010, 10:58 AM
So cool! Zoe, I am thrilled for you! How wonderful!

I can't wait for Joe to realize a new album and tour (if it ever gets out of "almost done" land).

tbs fanatic
08-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Great job Zoey :thumbsup: So neat to be able to do that.

EaglesFanatic
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks everyone!

EaglesFanatic
02-07-2011, 07:56 PM
He's doing another contest I guess. Get a chance to talk to Joe. It's for this Thursday! Here you go guys:

http://www.joewalsh.com/news.php

02-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for posting that, EF. How cool it would be if you or another Borderer got a chance to talk to Joe again!

sodascouts
02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I'll try again... here's hoping!

Peekaboo
02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Very cool!!! I would like to know if they are gonna do a concert dvd for this tour. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the songs from LROOE on an actual dvd than trying to catch all of the recent concert videos on youtube before they get taken down.

Prettymaid
02-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeh, that's a good one. Or maybe have him confirm that One Day At A Time is going to be on the album...

TimothyBFan
02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Does "duhhhhhhhhhhh" count as talking to Joe because that's what I would most likely say?

Prettymaid
02-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Lol! C'mon Willie, you always say that, but I have seen you ask Timothy a question in a calm, collected manner. You can do it! :hilarious:

Brooke
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Cool! I'm going to try too. Now, what do I ask.......I'll think of something.

You know, Joe is so cool to do things like this. Him and Timothy really try to interact with their fans a little bit. I wish Glenn and Don would do things like this, too.

Thanks for the heads up, EF! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm having a hard time thinking of what to ask him, too. I used up all my questions last time!

jdubfan
02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
He's easy to talk to, once you get over hte shock of it. He seems just as nervous to be talking to you! I thought that was very cute :blush:
I would ask if he still has the radio playing in his head all the time, or if that's gone away. LIke his On The Radio song.....just wondering.

MikeA
02-09-2011, 02:26 PM
There are a lot of gear questions I'd like a straight answer to, but I know that he often can't give those straight answers because he has and does endorse so many products that are competitors in a narrow market.

I'd like to know if he is having as much "fun" now as he seemed to have before? I know that he MUST get a lot of "satisfaction" from it but that might be from being able to hold down most of the guitar work for such a mega-group as the Eagles. But that "satisfaction" in a job well done isn't the same as "fun".

If Joe was not a musician, what would he be?

Wildthyme
02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Looks like Joe is on the Robert Wuhl show again today in about an hour (Noon PST). You can try to call in or tweet or email questions....

http://robertwuhlshow.com/video/joe-walsh/

Wildthyme
02-09-2011, 04:36 PM
They actually asked Joe my question on the show... though he didn't exactly answer it... :lol:

Did glean an interesting bit.. apparently before China would issue their visas they had to submit and get approval for all the lyrics to the songs they plan to play...

MikeA
02-09-2011, 05:15 PM
before China would issue their visas they had to submit and get approval for all the lyrics to the songs they plan to play...

Well, let's see. 1050's & 1960's...shades of Ed Sullivan. China's only 50 or 60 years behind the USA in Music Culture and censorship! Sullivan would only show Elvis from the waist up because of his "gyrations". And I think it was the Stones he tried to censor "Satisfaction" and Jim Morrison for "Light My Fire".

Why shouldn't China Censor? Not that Joe really would sing :

Sayin' it's This, Saying' it's That, sayin' it doesn't matter.
Bases are loaded, Jintao's at bat,
Playing it play by play.
Time to change the Batter!

I don't think they'd try to censor that would they?

tequila girl
02-09-2011, 05:19 PM
They actually asked Joe my question on the show... though he didn't exactly answer it... :lol:
So, come on...what was your question??

Wildthyme
02-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Nothing very original - I asked about his solo album and whether it would be all new material or include some old (no answer really) and if he planned to solo tour for it (he said maybe when the day comes that Irving and the Eagles decide its time to stop touring).

tequila girl
02-09-2011, 05:53 PM
he said maybe when the day comes that Irving and the Eagles decide its time to stop touring).
You're right ...not a good answer to your question :hmm: :fear: :eek:

sodascouts
02-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Shoot, I would have liked to call in but I was stuck in traffic. :( :( I sure hope he tours. I've said it elsewhere, but he's the only current Eagle I haven't seen solo, and I want to badly!

WalshFan88
02-09-2011, 08:39 PM
I wish he would tour also. If he comes to Illinois (especially Central IL) I will be there without a doubt!

Funk49er
02-10-2011, 04:39 AM
Is it too late? Are they still taking questions?

I mean for the APE thing, I know the Wuhl thing is over, lol.

Wildthyme
02-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Probably not. Last time Joe did this they had everyone who would be talking to him picked out and contacted by the day before...

02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
I would like to know if either of Joe's young sons have developed an interest in music. Even though it's a personal question and Joe seems to want to keep his kids out of the limelight, I don't thinks it's too invasive and he may be willing to answer it.

Has anyone had a chance to listen to the Robert Wuhl interview yet? If so, how long is Joe on the show? I probably won't get to it until the weekend.

Wildthyme
02-10-2011, 03:07 PM
The interview wasn't terribly long. Maybe 30 minutes? It started several minutes into the show. Joe was on the phone this time instead of in the studio like Glenn.

Wildthyme
02-10-2011, 04:41 PM
JOE JUST CALLED ME!

I mailed in a question to Eagles Radio and I was just sitting here harvesting crops in Frontierville when my phone rang. I almost passed out when this voice said "Hello Cami? This is Joe Walsh."

I am amazed I actually kept my wits about me though I must say he is surprisingly easy to talk to once the initial panic subsided.

We chatted a bit about the weather here and the fact that the Eagles tour manager is from here in Medford and that he had gone salmon fishing with him. All I could think to ask was about his plans for a solo tour (I told him that I and a number of friends who are Eagles fans really wanted to see him solo) He said he was gratified to know there was some interest out there :lol: and that maybe later this year after the Eagles tour had slowed down. Wouldn't that be COOL??

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is too freaking awesome. You go, Cami!! What a thrill!

ticky
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
HAPPY NAKED DANCING VIA PROXY!!!!! WOWOWOW!!!!
http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Dancing%20Animated%20Emoticons/tree%20thing%20dance.gifhttp://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Dancing%20Animated%20Emoticons/weird%20monkey%20dance.gifhttp://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Dancing%20Animated%20Emoticons/happy%20dance%20penguin.gifhttp://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Dancing%20Animated%20Emoticons/jerry.gif
Lucky lucky girl!!!!! I think I would have wet myself and gone totally sponge bob on him in your place. WOMAN OF STEEL! keeping your head ans asking coherent questions and stuff.. LOOK at you! DANG!

jdubfan
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
WOO HOOO FOR YOOOO :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

THAT'S A NICE SURPRISE!!

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm sitting here glued to the computer, afraid to leave it in case I miss your segment. Thank goodness today is a snow day here in Memphis! (Well, actually it's a "snowed last night but there is still snow on the ground and it's cold" day. But the schools are all closed!) I had to miss EF's segment last time because of stupid work, lol, but that won't happen this time!

Troubadour
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't be more happy for you! I think I would have died. "Hello Louise, this is Don Henley..." :thud: Incredible! Sounds like you did a great job of keeping calm and composed. Awesome to hear that there may be a chance of a Joe solo tour.

Freypower
02-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Fantastic, Cami. I'm really happy you got to talk to Joe. :angel:

Wildthyme
02-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I want to hear it but I don't want to hear it. I hope I don't sound like a total freak and I sure hope I didn't unconsciously sniffle my nose with this bit of a cold I have...I would be horrified :rofl:

MikeA
02-10-2011, 06:41 PM
HUGE Kudos Cami! Did you ask him if he needed a vacation....? He could have helped you harvest! And you might be surprised...he might have considered it!

Prettymaid
02-10-2011, 06:52 PM
:blueblob:WOW Cami! WOW! WOW! WOW! :blueblob:

I want to hear your call so bad! I love the way you say, "He's surprisingly easy to talk to." :lol:

I missed Zoe's call too, but then someone here posted it. Let's hope we can do that again!

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, I haven't heard it yet. Perhaps they'll play it tomorrow.

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Wait - they're starting it now - a guy at a hospital named Scott with his wife in labor... very cool! can't wait for WT!

EaglesFanatic
02-10-2011, 09:53 PM
That's AWESOME Cami! Congrats girl!! What a great surprise for you too :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Joe is so personable and cool in these phone calls (as EF here knows first hand, lol). WT's hasn't come up yet, but the ones he's done so far have all been really fun to listen to. Still listening eagerly...

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
She's on!!!!!!

jdubfan
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Well done!! Glad ya got give him a "kick in the pants" !!
You sounded a little surprised, but very calm

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 10:41 PM
So cool, calm, and collected! And yes, your group of friends is VERY interested in him touring - thank you for representin'! ;)

Wildthyme
02-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I am glad I only sounded a little surprised because I was pretty much floored when it turned out to be Joe and not my cable company on the phone. :rofl:

02-10-2011, 11:40 PM
OMG - THAT IS AWESOME CAMI!!!

I pretty sure picking up the phone and unexpectedly having an Eagle on the other end is a bit mind boggling. :wink:

Now, I can't help myself - but it does beg the question - Did you pee in your pants? :lol:

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to listen, but I wanna hear it. Did anybody get a chance to record it? But, in any event, I am thrilled for you.

sodascouts
02-10-2011, 11:51 PM
I recorded it! Here you go:

http://www.randymeisneronline.com/multimedia/MP3/CamiRadioJoe2011.mp3

WalshFan88
02-11-2011, 12:14 AM
How the H-E-double-hockey-sticks did I miss this one?????

:-x:-x:-x

I would have had so many great questions for Joe about if he would tour, what kind of guitar is his favorite, how he gets his guitar tone, and small geek-related questions like that. I'm sure you gals could care less, but for Mike & I it's pretty interesting and cool! :D Since the Eagles aren't female, I'd talk about their guitars and how they write songs and guitar parts! :hilarious:

WalshFan88
02-11-2011, 12:15 AM
PS: Congrats Cami!!! :D I'm very jealous! :D

GlennLover
02-11-2011, 12:23 AM
CAMI, THAT IS SOOO COOL! You sounded great! So did Joe. I'm so happy for you.

I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to say a word!

EaglesFanatic
02-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Geez Cami, you sounded so calm! You did a LOT better than me! :hilarious: I also like how you mentioned how your group of friends want him to go on tour LOL! Great job with the conversation :nod:

whitcap
02-11-2011, 01:35 AM
It's awesome that you got to talk to Joe! You did great :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Cami, you sounded so calm and nonchalant! You did great, but there at the end you also should have mentioned that you met him at the meet 'n greet!

Annabel
02-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Wow WT you sounded so cool and calm there. :thumbsup: Really happy for you.

Nancy, thanks for recording it. :partytime: I really miss listening to Eagles Radio. :sad:

TimothyBFan
02-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I am FREAKIN' out!!!!!!

:partytime::headbang::thud::blueblob::yay: How cool and you both sounded so GREAT!!! Congrats Cami!!!

One question for you, When he said "Is Cami there?", did you know at that point that it was him or after he identified himself? I mean he has such a distinctive voice. How did it come up on caller id?

Wildthyme
02-11-2011, 11:22 AM
One question for you, When he said "Is Cami there?", did you know at that point that it was him or after he identified himself? I mean he has such a distinctive voice. How did it come up on caller id?

I don't think it had time to register before he identified himself but I certainly would have known it was his voice in a few moments if he hadn't (or at least I'd like to think I would have). And it was a number with a New York City prefix that popped up on my caller ID but I didn't really take a good look at it until later. I thought it was my cable company at the time...

Cami, you sounded so calm and nonchalant! You did great, but there at the end you also should have mentioned that you met him at the meet 'n greet!

I had planned to but didn't manage to squeeze it in where I was thinking to. And that's probably for the best anyway. Not sure I would want him to remember my epic freeze up at the M&G :lol:

02-11-2011, 12:07 PM
I just got a chance to listen and I just want to say ...

:yay: :yay: :yay:

It's hard to keep your composure when you know you are going to talk to an Eagle, but I know it is triple hard when it's unexpected.

Cami - YOU DONE GOOD! Way to give Joe a kick in the pants. Hope we are able to reap the benefits of that. How cool would that be!!!

(And Zoe - you did good when you talked to Joe, too).

Brooke
02-11-2011, 02:38 PM
WOW, Cami! :blueblob: :yay: That is just so cool! I just got to listen and you sounded fantastic! Joe did, too! I would have probably frozen and completely forgotten what I wanted to ask.

He did say he might do some solo shows after the Eagles calm down in the fall!

And did anyone besides me think that White Boy From Sacramento was the music playing in the background? I thought that during the whole segment.

whitcap
02-11-2011, 02:42 PM
And did anyone besides me think that White Boy From Sacramento was the music playing in the background? I thought that during the whole segment.

I heard it too Brooke :)

GlennLover
02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I heard it too Brooke :)
Me too. In fact it was so loud at one point that I had trouble hearing Cami & Joe :laugh:. Love the song though!

Troubadour
02-12-2011, 04:05 PM
OMG! I just listened to the call (thanks, Soda). How frickin' awesome!!!!! Joe sounded so cool and easy to talk to, and you sounded really calm and composed. I can guarantee, if that was me, I'd have sounded shaky and breathless! What an amazing experience. And how cool that you will have that piece of audio to treasure forever.

Gotta say, Cami, I was not only smiling because Joe was calling you, but also because I was hearing your voice again. Took me RIGHT back to San Jose! Miss you guys! :hug:

sodascouts
02-12-2011, 04:15 PM

They played pieces of another Timothy song during the show too - I think it was Good Day but I've already forgotten :blush: - kind of unusual considering it was Joe talking but I enjoyed it anyway!

As for San Jose... :: sighs nostalgically ::

Wildthyme
02-12-2011, 05:56 PM
I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it yet but thank you everyone for such positive comments. It is definitely a moment to treasure for me!

tequila girl
02-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I just listened now Cami....Wow! you did great, I think i'd have been totally dumbstruck!:shy: