carol7lynn
08-23-2010, 07:52 AM
AMEX Presale-Friday, Aug. 28th
General Onsale-Mon, Aug 30th

Caro-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Playing a university! It's been a while since they've done that - am I right?

carol7lynn
08-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Playing a university! It's been a while since they've done that - am I right?

Don't know but according to an article in Penn State's Daily Collegian, they played there once before back in June 1996 and that their stop at Penn State is "unique" for this tour. The venue can hold up to 16,000 people. Now if they'd just book a SoCal date.:partytime:

Carol-Lynn

GlennLover
08-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Here is a local writeup about the upcoming show. Willie, you're not gonna like it! You either, Troub!

:-xhttp://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/08/24/eagles_book_bjc_concert.aspx

TimothyBFan
08-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Good ol' John Henley and apparently Timothy has decided to set this portion of the tour out.... AGAIN!!!! I've already left my comment!!!! :steviesmack:

GlennLover
08-24-2010, 10:31 AM
It make me furious!!! :-x:-x:-x

TimothyBFan
08-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Just went back in and they've already corrected Don's name but still no mention of Timothy!!! :censored:

carol7lynn
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Here is a local writeup about the upcoming show. Willie, you're not gonna like it! You either, Troub!

:-xhttp://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/08/24/eagles_book_bjc_concert.aspx

Wrong thread. This should be under BJC Penn State-Oct. 22nd thread.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

GlennLover
08-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Just went back in and they've already corrected Don's name but still no mention of Timothy!!! :censored:

I don't understand!!! Why is Timothy always the one who gets left out????????????? He is just as talented as anyone else in the band & if he was absent it would truly be noticeable! Poor Timmy :-(!

carol7lynn
08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't understand!!! Why is Timothy always the one who gets left out????????????? He is just as talented as anyone else in the band & if he was absent it would truly be noticeable! Poor Timmy :-(!

Have you also noticed that he gets billed last on the Eagles poster for their fall tour?

John Henley-too funny! Again this is in the wrong thread.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

GlennLover
08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
I've now sent a comment about Timothy not being mentioned!

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Sadly, since the omission is in a quote from the ill-informed Bernie Punt, it would be awkward to add Tim's name without embarasing him. I think he embarrassed himself, though!

Did you see they also claimed songs from each of the member's solo careers would be played? That mistake is more forgivable, but still.

Freypower
08-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Have you also noticed that he gets billed last on the Eagles poster for their fall tour?

John Henley-too funny! Again this is in the wrong thread.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

I don't see it as being 'billed last'. His name has been in that position since the reformation. I think it is only because he was the last member of the current lineup to join.

carol7lynn
08-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Not only does he get billed last he gets the least number of songs and he never gets to play his solo stuff. Just sayin'.

Carol-Lynn

TimothyBFan
08-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Spot on CL! We've been over this before... I understand he was the last Eagle to join BUT he is still a very valuable member. The bass is crucial and that voice is a very noticeable and essential one in more then a few of their songs. I admit to be a little bias but I think it's a legitimate observation.

ETA: As far as all these reviewers, critics, etc that neglect to even mention the bass player, as much as it angers me to see his name misprinted and misspelled, at least they felt fit to notice that there is a 4th Eagle on stage.

Freypower
08-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Not only does he get billed last he gets the least number of songs and he never gets to play his solo stuff. Just sayin'.

Carol-Lynn

Regarding solo songs... neither does Glenn. Not now.

If Tim were to sing more songs then some of the big hits would have to be dropped. We have already had some of Glenn's more well known songs bite the dust (which I remain unhappy about). I wish the show could be long enough for him to sing more songs but there is a limit to how long they could play. I sympathise, however, because I really think the Henley and Walsh solo material appears to now be more important than actual Eagles songs to the point where solo songs are encores.

We probably all think our favourite Eagle should have 'top billing' if you wish to think of it that way but as I say I prefer to think of it only in terms of length of membership. If it were in strict alphabetical order then Joe would be 'last'. And as I previously said this 'billing' is not new. It has been this way since Hell Freezes Over.

TimothyBFan
08-30-2010, 07:54 AM
As for the whole solo material being included...been there done that and I'm tired of rehashing it. It's not going to change.

We probably all think our favourite Eagle should have 'top billing' if you wish to think of it that way but as I say I prefer to think of it only in terms of length of membership.

No, I really don't think he should have top billing, why would I? BUT...come on, is it asking to much to have a little respect by at least getting his name right when they give these stupid reviews and such? He is a member and it would be nice to at least see his name in print, even last, in these articles. It happens a lot of the time that they don't even mention him or get his name wrong.

Just another example I posted here about a year ago or so. I put a book down I was reading about the music industry when I got to the short chapter about the Eagles and it listed them as, "Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and the other guy"... I kid you not! Now why wouldn't that make me mad?