PDA

View Full Version : Your Eagles Collection

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 07:03 PM
I hope nobody here gets mad at me for starting this thread... a forum called "LeadSister", a popular Carpenters forum, got mad at me for starting this type of thread.

Here is my very miniscule Eagles collection:

- The Eagles: Greatest Hits - 1971-1975, CD and Record
- Hell Freezes Over - CD and DVD

My parents went to the Hell Freezes Over concert, and they said that it was the best they ever went to.[/list]

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I don't see any reason why this kind of thread should make anybody mad.

Honestly, I have so much memorabilia around it would be hard to list it all! Musically, I have all the Eagles albums, all Glenn's, Don's, all Tim's, and two of Joe's (his millennium collection and But Seriously, Folks).

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't see any reason why this kind of thread should make anybody mad.

Honestly, I have so much memorabilia around it would be hard to list it all! Musically, I have all the Eagles albums, all Glenn's, Don's, all Tim's, and two of Joe's (his millennium collection and But Seriously, Folks).
Yeah, Pamela--the owner--was pretty mean. :twisted:

Your collection is sorta like my Carpenters collection. Honestly, I have so many CDs, DVDs, and records, it's hard to keep track of it all!

glenneaglesfan
01-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Welcome to the board, KC!

Until two years ago my collection wasn't much bigger than yours - I had Eagles and Greatest Hits 1971 - 1975 on LPs, Hotel California on tape, and the Very Best of the Eagles on Cd. Since then I have acquired all the Eagles albums, all of Glenn's solo albums, two of Don's (Inside Job and Actual Miles), HFO and Farewell 1 on DVD. I recommend F1, especially if you have seen them live.

Randy's Girl
01-29-2007, 04:04 PM
I have all the Eagles albums on CD and vinyl and cassette and most on those mini-vinyl CD things. I have 1 Glenn Frey CD, 2 DH CDs and 1 vinyl. We have a lot of Joe on vinyl too. All of Randy Meisner on CD and vinyl. DVDs (lots), pictures (lots, cuttings etc). I am a compulsive hoarder, cannot throw anything away. :wink:

You should see my Star Wars collection. What's yours like, Soda?

EasyFeeling
01-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Please RG, can you just take a photo of your bedroom? :twisted:

Randy's Girl
01-29-2007, 04:09 PM
You wouldn't see much, as 90% of my Star Wars stuff is in boxes. All you'd see is Randy :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-29-2007, 04:14 PM
You could pack out all this stuff and spread it all over. :D

Randy's Girl
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I could. Maybe next time I have a weekend off! :wink:

sodascouts
01-29-2007, 10:12 PM
My Star Wars collection isn't all that great, I'm afraid! I Have the VHSes of the original trilogy (without Speilberg's "revisions") and I have the DVDs of the OT. (Screw the new triology - sorry - hate it.) I also have my Yoda portrait made of movie stills which hangs proudly on the wall behind my computer chair. I have a copy of the script for Star Wars, a comic book version of Return of the Jedi, a Han Solo mug, a Pricess Leia Pez Dispenser, a mounted movie poster of Star Wars, some framed stills from the movie, and some books such as The Han Solo Trilogy and the absolutely awful book The Courtship of Princess Leia. Of course I also have Star Wars Trivia Pursuit and Star Wars Monopoly. I always insist on being the Han Solo piece. ;)

That's about it!

Karen Carpenter
01-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Oh, and I forgot. I have an imported "Very Best of the Eagles", and Don Henley's CD "The End Of The Innocence".

Randy's Girl
01-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Soda, I couldn't even begin to list what I have. Let's just say it takes up 2 cupboards, 1 bookcase, 3 boxes, plus numerous pictures and other stuff dotted around the house. Does include 6 copies of the original trilogy on video. :D

sodascouts
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Soda, I couldn't even begin to list what I have. Let's just say it takes up 2 cupboards, 1 bookcase, 3 boxes, plus numerous pictures and other stuff dotted around the house. Does include 6 copies of the original trilogy on video. :D

I'm impressed! :saberfight: :lightsaber:

Randy's Girl
01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
One day, I will have it all on display - that's my aim. I hate having it all in boxes.

Karen Carpenter
02-14-2007, 04:44 AM
On vacation, I bought "The Long Run" on LP.

timfan
02-14-2007, 09:57 AM
I bought "The Long Run" on LP.

That's great! You'll love the album! and hopefully we'll have a new album soon :D

Ive always been a dreamer
02-15-2007, 10:18 PM
KC - You'll have to compare how you like the songs to the results of our recent Long Run survivor game in this thread to see if you agree with them. While I don't think The Long Run is their best work, it is still much better than most artist, IMHO. Hope you enjoy listening to it.

Karen Carpenter
02-17-2007, 06:07 PM
KC - You'll have to compare how you like the songs to the results of our recent Long Run survivor game in this thread to see if you agree with them. While I don't think The Long Run is their best work, it is still much better than most artist, IMHO. Hope you enjoy listening to it.
I very much did. I agreed with your votes in "Survivor". My favorite songs on there were "The Long Run", "Heartache Tonight", and "I Can't Tell You Why".

"I Can't Tell You Why" is my mom's and my favorite song from "The Long Run", but "Heartache Tonight is definitely my 2nd favorite.

glenneaglesfan
02-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Glad to know you enjoyed it, KC. As I have already said, I Can't Tell You Why has a special significance for me too, but the rest of the album is pretty good.

Karen Carpenter
03-06-2007, 02:47 AM
Glad to know you enjoyed it, KC. As I have already said, I Can't Tell You Why has a special significance for me too, but the rest of the album is pretty good.
Yep. I haven't listened to ALL of it yet, because I want to keep it in as good condition as possible.

Karen Carpenter
04-10-2007, 04:26 AM
I just bought a lot of 45s today. Among them was a back-to-back classics 45, and it was "All She Wants to Do is Dance/The Boys of Summer" by Don Henley.

8)