PDA

View Full Version : anybody buy the Randy Meisner Bio?

bernie's bender
09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I saw two books today that kind of caught my eye...

one was a Randy bio... like 44.00! what the heck?

and the other was a 98 page book about country rock musicians....

are these worth the getus?

Eve
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
44 bucks for a 88 page paperback of "High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles"! Uh, I love Randy, but I do have SOME sense...

bernie's bender
09-12-2010, 05:31 PM
but I do have SOME sense...

that is the only place where we aren't twi...

Sense is... well, not on my menu...

Eve
09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
LOL! I said SOME sense.
Well, actually I did click to buy it, but had buyers remorse, so I removed it from my cart. I just spent 45 bucks on plants.

whitcap
09-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I saw those a while back. The description of the Randy one is the beginning of his wikipedia article. I got the impression that someone took a bunch of articles from wikipedia and put them into a book. Definitely not worth 44 dollars especially since all the info is available online for free.

sodascouts
09-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh my gosh! It should be illegal to rip people off like that. I guess they're counting on Randy fans not reading the product description.

bernie's bender
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
there is an awesome set of youtube videos of a BBC special on Buddy Holly... I watched the first couple... but then just ordered the video...

if someone did a complete eagles bio which compiled all of it...everything known.. I'd probably buy it...

or for my luddite friends who love Meis... it might be worth it...

I'm gonna pass on it (and the other book too) instead, I am tentatively set to sit down with a couple of guys from that era who were 'small stars' later this fall and just pick their brain while we pick out in Joshua Tree... camping in the desert and playing country rock all day and into the evening... should be a good time to hear some great stories...

MikeA
09-12-2010, 07:00 PM
there is an awesome set of youtube videos of a BBC special on Buddy Holly... I watched the first couple... but then just ordered the video...

if someone did a complete eagles bio which compiled all of it...everything known.. I'd probably buy it...

or for my luddite friends who love Meis... it might be worth it...

I'm gonna pass on it (and the other book too) instead, I am tentatively set to sit down with a couple of guys from that era who were 'small stars' later this fall and just pick their brain while we pick out in Joshua Tree... camping in the desert and playing country rock all day and into the evening... should be a good time to hear some great stories...

I could get down with that BB!