PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis 10-12-2010

Shadowland07
10-13-2010, 12:42 AM
The Boys rocked as usual. "Best of My Love" was amazing, and for some reason "Witchy Woman" and "One of These Nights" rocked more than I saw them last time...dunno why. Anyways really amazing show, and I hope to see them next time they come to Indy.

cheryl
10-13-2010, 02:08 AM
WHAT AN AWESOME SHOW. All the guys sounded great. Met Cathy tonight and we both thought Don was really having fun tonight. They did a 3 hour show. Jd played an hour before the 8:00 time. An usher told me Jd paid Irving to set him open tonight. He also told me the Eagles had to cut one song because they were running over and they had to get the Fieldhouse ready for the Indiana Pacers tomorrow. Tim was wearing a black shirt,Don was wearing gray,Joe had a black shirt under a coat and Glenn a black or navy and white shirt and white tee. I will try to add more tomorrow after I get some sleep. Just a fabulous night and can't wait to see them again in Louisville this Saturday.

Prettymaid
10-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Okay, I'm awake! Last night was a fun show to be at. We had a blast and so did the guys!

I'll write more soon. Have to feed the cats - and myself.

TimothyBFan
10-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Oh come on....there's no time for eating right now!!!! Get busy!!:computer: :hilarious:

Prettymaid
10-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Okay, I'm posting as I eat. Are you happy now? :hilarious:

I know Rick was anxious to see the set list, so here it is.

7BR
How Long
I Don't Want To Hear Anymore
Guilty Of The Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
Witchy Woman
Lyin' Eyes
Boys Of Summer
In The City
The Long Run

(Intermission)

No More Walks In THe Wood
Waiting In The weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Best Of My Love
Take It To The Limit
Long Road Out Of Eden
Walk Away
One Of These Nights
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk 49
Heartache Tonight
Life In The Fast Lane

(Encore)
Take It Easy
Rocky Mountain Way
Desperado

sodascouts
10-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks! I see Best of My Love is a regular part of the setlist now. Oh my gosh, I wanna go to another show so bad......

Can't wait to read more!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Sounds awesome! So it seem like Don was back on drums last night - am I right?

Prettymaid
10-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Wrong! He only played bongos.

rickmullen
10-13-2010, 11:07 AM
cheryl,

Do you mean JD started playing an hour BEFORE the starting time
on your tickets? That seems odd if that's the case.

PM,

Thanks for the setlist. Looks like they didn't cut it too short!
And you all got RMW!

Thanks for all the reports. I'm really looking foward to Saturday.

Rick

luvthelighthouse
10-13-2010, 11:22 AM
I love that set list! More details... more, more, more... :blueblob::hilarious:

Koala
10-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the setlist (I love it)! Looking forward to hear more!

cheryl
10-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Rick - Yes. They didn't open the doors until 7:00. Somewhere around 7:15 you could hear music coming from the arena but it was muffled and I didn"t recognize any of it so I thought it was just recorded music over the sound system. Because I just had a knee replaced the customer relations people arranged for someone to take me down to the floor in a wheelchair;you can't go down without an excort. I asked the usher about an opening act and he said that was them playing now. That's when I started to feel great about seeing the 3 hour show. The usher who took care of me after the show is the one who said JD paid Irving to let him open these shows.
More to come later;got some notes to put together first.

Prettymaid
10-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Okay, here goes.

Pre-Concert

We got to Indy with plenty of time to spare. In fact, they weren't even letting people in yet, so we decided to go across the street to The Pub, a bar which was obviously catering to Eagles concert goers. The inside was packed, so we got our drinks and headed outside, where the local radio rock station, Q95, was giving away 3 pairs of concert tickets. The guy would draw a ticket out of the box, announce the name of the winner, and when nobody came forward went inside to see if the winner was there. It was fun to hear the screams of delight coming from the bar as the winners claimed their tickets!

At this point it was about an hour before showtime, so we headed over to the Fieldhouse and walked into the arena to find our seats. To my surprise and delight, JD and The Straight Shot were already playing. It's no secret that I wasn't exactly thrilled when I heard we were going to have an opening act. I was afraid they would cut into valuable Eagles time. I shouldn't have worried. Their set was finished in plenty of time for the Eagles to start at 8:00 ET. And I have to admit, JD was so gracious about the whole thing. The arena wasn't even a quarter full while they played, and he kept making comments like, "You're going to really enjoy the Eagles. They are the only show you can go to where every song they play is a hit!" and towards the end of their set, "How do we sound out there? We need to know because we also do the Eagles sound check."
Their still not my cup of tea, but they did a good version of Little Feat's Let It Roll.

Although I stated earlier that JD quit in plenty of time for the Eagles to start on time, of course they didn't. :hilarious: They started at their usual 'fashionably late' 20 minutes after. It was okay, because it gave us a chance to visit with our concert 'neighbors'. We were 3rd row, directly in front of Steuart. It would have been nice to have been a few feet closer to center, but I was happy and ready to rock!

The Eagles Show

At 8:20 the lights went down, the backing musicians made their way on stage from the right and then also from the right Timothy came into sight followed by Don, Glenn and Joe. The crowd roared!

7 Bridges Road - The lights came up and there they were, bigger than life! :heart: Hubby has said that when we saw them last year in Indy from the 2nd row center his first thought as the lights went up was that they were Disney Animatronics up there. (For those of you who have been to Walt Disney World, think Hall Of Presidents.) He couldn't wrap his brain around the fact that they were real! I think that's a good analogy. It takes a few seconds to grasp that these are the Eagles! The crowd was still roaring as they began 7BR, so I didn't get to clearly hear the beginning as I would have liked, but it was incredible hearing that song live. They did do the shortened version though.

How Long - One of my personal favorites and a great way to start the show. I always try to pick out their voices as they harmonize but I never can. Well, I can never pick out Joe, anyway. Hubby jokes that they turn his microphone off. :eyebrow: The harmonies are so smooth and Glenn and Don do such a great job on the verses. Love it!

After HL Glenn did his usual "check your ticket stub" bit, but this time he said, "We're those darn Eagles!", a hint of the playfulness to come!

I Don't Want To Hear Anymore - Timothy was in fine vocal form tonight, as usual. I wish we could have been a little closer to him to receive some of that Timmy Love. I did wave to him a couple of times when he came to our side of the stage, but he didn't see me.:-(

Guilty Of The Crime - Joe's turn. He's gotten more playful vocally on this one - changes it up just a little. It makes it fun to hear. At the part where he sings, "Take a look at me baby, tell me what do you see", he looked over at Glenn and Glenn stuck his tongue out at Joe! I couldn't see if Joe stuck his tongue out too, as he was turned away from us, but the face Glenn made was priceless! Lots of playfulness!

Hotel California - This got the crowd on their feet! It was a little sad to not see Bill Armstrong doing the trumpet solo, but Les Lovitt does a fine job. This song ended with another tremendous roar of the crowd and I could clearly see the guys were moved by our response (especially Don and Glenn because I was looking at them). They were smiling and looking humble. No drumming for Don. I sort of felt like I was seeing history being made with Don unable to drum on the ones you expect him to.

I'd better pick up the pace here! :hilarious: At this rate I'll still be posting tonight!

Peaceful Easy Feeling - One of my old personal favorites, Glenn's voice is so soothing on this one. Funny, but the faces he makes and the thing he does with his hand to his ear almost makes you think he's dissatisfied with his vocals sometimes, but I thought he sounded great all night.

I Can't Tell You Why - My favorite of the three Tim does, this song is so soothing it just lulls you. As has been said before, the guitar at the end is gorgeous.

Witchy Woman - Don introduced this song as he has been, mentioning that it's almost Halloween and that this is for all of the witches out there. "Witches - with a 'W'...not a 'B'." Now here's the part where Don started to steal a little piece of my heart. After his powerful falsetto part where he wails, the crowd gave him a huge cheer, and clearly moved, he said, "Thank you", right during the song! You really had to be there to appreciate it. I've mentioned before that I'm not normally a fan of falsetto, but I have always liked Don's during this song and One Of These Nights. It's especially thrilling to see him do it live. Honestly, it raised the hairs on the back of my neck. And his appreciation was apparent.

Lyin Eyes - Glenn introed this one as usual, and went back to dedicating it to his first wife 'Plaintiff'. I have to admit that I like the song but my mind tends to always wander during it - there's so many verses!

Boys Of Summer - Okay, everybody's back on their feet again for this one. What a great song live, with the wierd noises (love 'em!) and the rocking tempo. Here again, Don is the liveliest I've ever seen him, and playful, practically giddy. It's here I come to a realization and turn to Hubby and say, "He's on drugs!" :hilarious: Now of couse I'm joking around here and have absolutely no idea if Don is on medication or not, but his silliness and playful humor throughout the night seem so out of character (I'm only basing this statement on the two times I've seen him previously) that something seems to have gotten into him. Could it be that his knee problems (which I saw no indication of) make it necessary for him to take some pain medication? After all, he's standing on stage for hours, night after night. If so, to paraphrase the famous quote from the restaurant scene in When Harry Met Sally, "I'll have what he's having."

In The City - Hearing this live again made me think of the song's recent debate in the Survivor game and made me smile, knowing that I'm getting to hear one of my favorite Joe songs. You know that gesture Don gives at the beginning of Get Over It in the DVD? Let's just say I gave a mental one of those to everyone who voted it off "prematurly". :hilarious: Just kidding!

The Long Run - It might have been at this point that Don looked at Joe's jacket and called it "spiffy". Again, a very playful Don coming out tonight! He said they were going to play one more, take a short break, and then come back and play until curfew! Lol! Oh, and TLR? Forgive me for every bad thing I said about you in the Survivor game. :pray:

As they all walked by us to leave the stage, I shouted out to Timothy, "Willie says hi!", but he didn't seem to hear me. Oh well TBF, I tried!

Brooke
10-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Great so far, Pm! Loved Don's giddiness! Glad to hear he's evidently feeling very well! lol

Can't wait for part 2!:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
10-13-2010, 02:11 PM
As they all walked by us to leave the stage, I shouted out to Timothy, "Willie says hi!", but he didn't seem to hear me. Oh well TBF, I tried!

:shock: WTH? Oh...I bet it's because he didn't want to blow our cover! Phew---you almost messed it up and let the cat out of the bag. :hilarious:

Great review. You brought tears of emotion with this part...

The lights came up and there they were, bigger than life! :heart: Hubby has said that when we saw them last year in Indy from the 2nd row center his first thought as the lights went up was that they were Disney Animatronics up there. He couldn't wrap his brain around the fact that they were real! I think that's a good analogy. It takes a few seconds to grasp that these are the Eagles!

I know exactly what you mean!!! They have been my heroes for so long that it was unbelievable that they were right there in front of me the first time I ever saw them!!

Anxiously awaiting part 2.

luvthelighthouse
10-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Man, I'm always impressed with these detailed reviews. For me, the night goes by so quickly, I hardly remember anything!

Troubadour
10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Cathy - LOVE YOU! Awesome review so far, I'm enjoying every word. I wish I could have been there with you guys. It sounds amazing.

You knew I was going to highlight these parts. I can't tell you how happy (and a wee bit emotional) they made me. WISH I could have seen this for real. :heart: :heart:

Witchy Woman - Don introduced this song as he has been, mentioning that it's almost Halloween and that this is for all of the witches out there. "Witches - with a 'W'...not a 'B'." Now here's the part where Don started to steal a little piece of my heart. After his powerful falsetto part where he wails, the crowd gave him a huge cheer, and clearly moved, he said, "Thank you", right during the song! You really had to be there to appreciate it. I've mentioned before that I'm not normally a fan of falsetto, but I have always liked Don's during this song and One Of These Nights. It's especially thrilling to see him do it live. Honestly, it raised the hairs on the back of my neck. And his appreciation was apparent.

Boys Of Summer - Okay, everybody's back on their feet again for this one. What a great song live, with the wierd noises (love 'em!) and the rocking tempo. Here again, Don is the liveliest I've ever seen him, and playful, practically giddy. It's here I come to a realization and turn to Hubby and say, "He's on drugs!" :hilarious: Now of couse I'm joking around here and have absolutely no idea if Don is on medication or not, but his silliness and playful humor throughout the night seem so out of character (I'm only basing this statement on the two times I've seen him previously) that something seems to have gotten into him. Could it be that his knee problems (which I saw no indication of) make it necessary for him to take some pain medication? After all, he's standing on stage for hours, night after night. If so, to paraphrase the famous quote from the restaurant scene in When Harry Met Sally, "I'll have what he's having."

The bit about giving the Get Over It gesture to all the people who voted off In The City prematurely cracked me up! It really does ROCK, live.

Shadowland07
10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
The concert was amazing!!!!! Henley sounded amazing, his falsettos on Witchy Woman and One of These Nights were off the hook lol.

Prettymaid
10-13-2010, 05:22 PM
During the intermission Cheryl came up and we were able to talk for a few minutes. She mentioned the good mood Don seemed to be in and I agreed. It's always nice to meet another Borderer and I'm glad we got the chance.

No More Walks In THe Wood - Sorry, this has never been a favorite of mine. While I can appreciate the famous Eagles harmony I just don't like the melody of this song or the way it flows. But if the Eagles choose to open their second set with it, who am I to argue? Just sit and enjoy.

Waiting In The Weeds - I have come to love this song so much more than I used to, mostly thanks to all of you on here who have sung its praises for so long. The lyrics, the melody and the way Don's vocals just grab you and say, "Listen to every word because this is important" makes this one of the most beautiful of their 'new' songs. And to hear it live? *Sigh*

No More Cloudy Days - It's hard not to be redundant. This is another 'new' one that I absolutely love. Where I had to be convinced about WITW and it took time for me to grow fond of it, NMCD had me from hello. The rhythmic guitar, the uplifting lyrics and Glenn's vocals are all reasons why I love it, not to mention the sax at the end. Glenn introduced it in his usual way, saying "We're moving from the horticultural part of the show to the meteorological part of the show", or something like that. Glenn was also in very good spirits throughout the night. It was obvious that he was having fun. You have to wonder how they do it night after night. How do they sing the very same songs, most of them thirty year old at least, and enjoy themselves? Well, the answer of course is that sometimes they don't. We've talked on here before about how they sometimes seem stoic and robotic. But I like to think that it's the audience that gives them that added energy on certain nights, and the audience last night was superb, a really energized, appreciative crowd. The Eagles fed off of us.

Love Will Keep us Alive - Almost word for word and movement for movement Timothy did the exact same thing he did in the F1 DVD. He said, "It's my turn to say hello", and he pointed up to his right and said, "I see you up there", getting a roar from the rafters. Then he pointed up to his left and said, "And you", and got the same response from that side. I'm sorry that I can't say too much about Timothy. We just weren't close enough to see him perform, and he didn't say anything different. But Timothy always, always exudes love for his fans and appreciation for the fact that we came to see them. He just never seems to be in a bad mood.

Best Of My Love - This is where being a Borderer comes in handy. The uninformed fan would not know that they recently added this to their set list, or what a treat it is to be hearing it live. Hearing this song takes me back to the days where it was a new hit being played on the radio. It's a beautiful song, and once again Don seemed to recognize our love for it.

Take It To The Limit - Well dang, I can't hear this song anymore without thinking of Soda! I love it too - always have, and my finger automatically points to the sky everytime they sing "Take it" *stop* "To the Limit, One More Time!"

Long Road Out Of Eden - As most of us here have said, this is one of those songs that plays so much better live than on the record. Every musician's part can be appreciated here, from Steuart's haunting guitar (how does he do that??!!) to Don's sincere vocals to Joe's steely guitar work to Scott's amazing drumming. It all adds up to 10 minutes of GREAT music.

Walk Away - Here we go! This one never wavers from one performance to the next, always high energy as if the Eagles are saying, "Oh, have we given you the idea that we're done rockin'? Well we're NOT!" My favorite Joe song.

One Of These Nights - I mentioned this song earlier when talking about WW. Love Don's falsetto on this one too. I wish I could do a better job of describing Don's attitude last night, but unfortunately I didn't take notes (except for the set list) and my memory is not good for specifics. Maybe Cheryl can help me out here. He was just downright silly at times and it was contageous. I loved it, and because of it Don was the star of the show for me. :inlove:

Next were the band intros. I had noticed as soon as the show started that there were three keyboard players in the back up band - Wil Hollis, Michael Thompson and somebody who looked familiar to me but who I didn't know by name until he was introduced as Richard Davis. Some of you may be able to answer - has he been playing with them lately? Are there normally three keyboard players and I just never noticed before? The rest of the intros went pretty much as usual. It seemed like Don got the biggest applause last night, but maybe that was just my perception from his friendly demeanor and the fact that he has been ill.

Life's Been Good - This is my least favorite of Joe's live songs, maybe because it's been done to death. But there's a reason for that. It's clearly a fan favorite. And don't get me wrong - I was up and rockin' with everybody else! Joe did the thing before this song (after he's introduced) where he goes to a kleenex box and rapidly tears one after another out of the box, throwing them into the air.

Dirty Laundry - I don't think the crowd sat down again. This song kept them going! "Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down!"

Funk 49 - Also known in reviewer's world as What You Tryin' To Hand Me (that has always cracked me up!)

Heartache Tonight - Will it win in the Survivor game tonight? If so it deserves it based on this performance. Sometimes it was hard to hear Glenn's vocals over the music, but they rocked it.

Life In the Fast Lane - Well, Don was out in front for this one too - no drumming allowed. No jumping allowed either apparently. :wink: But there was still plenty of energy.

Encore
Take It Easy - Who doesn't love this one? Apparently no one in Conseco Fieldhouse. You could feel the love.

Rocky Mountain Way - Again with the Borderers. I thought to myself, Rick is going to love this in Louisville. When Joe started the talk box part, Glenn just stood there looking at him with his mouth open. I even said to Hubby, "Look at Glenn!" It was as if he was trying to decipher what Joe was saying. Also, I think it was near the end of this song that Glenn looked over at Steuart and made a silly gesture with his hand and his guitar and Stueart laughed out loud and made the same motion to Glenn. I can't remember what the gesture was but they were both getting a kick out of it!

Desperado - Didn't this used to start with just Don up front? It seemed like last night they were all at their mikes from the beginning, but I could be wrong.

I'm so glad we went. I have a new appreciation for Don, that's for sure. And they all put on a good show. I want to see them again!

10-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Well PM - that was a purely entertaining review! I'm with you, even though Glenn is my obvious favorite, I have so much love, respect, and admiration for all of these guys. Each one of them is such a unique talent and personality that combines to make them the ...

EAGLES!!!

That's why I always take issue with anyone that tries to undermine any of the guys. They have come up with a recipe that obviously works extremely well, and all four of the guys are such an important ingredient in the formula.

As far as Richard Davis, he is a co-producer on the LROOE album. You just never noticed but, I believe he has actually been with them through the entire LROOE tour.

Prettymaid
10-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Watch 'em while they're hot! Boys Of Summer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP3PrxNhLJE

Prettymaid
10-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Crummy audio but they recorded the screen so you can see what they looked like! Lol!

Heartache Tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVi4Zeiw_Cs

Koala
10-14-2010, 01:27 AM
PM, thanks so much for those detailed review!:hug: I really have enjoyed to read them!

TimothyBFan
10-14-2010, 08:27 AM
I read this last night without signing in. It made me very emotional and therefore, I didn't post my thanks to you, Cathy, for doing such a great job. I must admit, as much as I LOVED the detailed review, I was also saddened a bit by it. I fear I have missed my very last opportunity ever to see these guys. The night of the concert, I couldn't believe they were so close and I wasn't there! I'm proud of myself for holding strong but..... I know it has been my decision not to spend that much $$ ever again to see them, I at times, regret that decision. Can't have it both ways. I'm just glad I can always count on all of you to bring back great details and pics! :thumbsup:

No More Walks In THe Wood - Sorry, this has never been a favorite of mine. While I can appreciate the famous Eagles harmony I just don't like the melody of this song or the way it flows. But if the Eagles choose to open their second set with it, who am I to argue? Just sit and enjoy.

I don't think I knew you felt this way about this song.

Waiting In The Weeds - I have come to love this song so much more than I used to, mostly thanks to all of you on here who have sung its praises for so long. The lyrics, the melody and the way Don's vocals just grab you and say, "Listen to every word because this is important" makes this one of the most beautiful of their 'new' songs. And to hear it live? *Sigh* Glad we could all help. It's been a fave of mine since the first time I heard it. It's such a moving song. You're right, I think a lot of what makes it a great song is Don's vocals!

Love Will Keep us Alive - Almost word for word and movement for movement Timothy did the exact same thing he did in the F1 DVD. He said, "It's my turn to say hello", and he pointed up to his right and said, "I see you up there", getting a roar from the rafters. Then he pointed up to his left and said, "And you", and got the same response from that side. I'm sorry that I can't say too much about Timothy. We just weren't close enough to see him perform, and he didn't say anything different. But Timothy always, always exudes love for his fans and appreciation for the fact that we came to see them. He just never seems to be in a bad mood.Isn't he such a sweetie!?!?:inlove:

Best Of My Love - This is where being a Borderer comes in handy. The uninformed fan would not know that they recently added this to their set list, or what a treat it is to be hearing it live. Hearing this song takes me back to the days where it was a new hit being played on the radio. It's a beautiful song, and once again Don seemed to recognize our love for it. How was it to hear it for the first time live?

One Of These Nights - I mentioned this song earlier when talking about WW. Love Don's falsetto on this one too. I wish I could do a better job of describing Don's attitude last night, but unfortunately I didn't take notes (except for the set list) and my memory is not good for specifics. Maybe Cheryl can help me out here. He was just downright silly at times and it was contageous. I loved it, and because of it Don was the star of the show for me. :inlove:I am so very glad to hear that Don was in top form!! It's wonderful to hear that he was loose and having so much fun.
it!

I'm so glad we went. I have a new appreciation for Don, that's for sure. And they all put on a good show. I want to see them again!I know what you mean. I've always appreciated Don as a musician (and he looks pretty good too) but haven't always enjoyed his personality as all of you pretty much know. I have to say, these last reviews from you Borderers that have been at the last couple of shows has proven to me that maybe he can loosen up and have fun. I hope it continues. A new lease on life perhaps?

Brooke
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Wonderful review, Pm! I felt like I was right there with you! It sounds like the guys are still having fun and rockin' out!

Cathy wrote about WITW: The lyrics, the melody and the way Don's vocals just grab you and say, "Listen to every word because this is important" makes this one of the most beautiful of their 'new' songs. And to hear it live? *Sigh*

Again, :sigh: :inlove:

Lisa
10-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for writing the reviews of the shows. I've read some of them, and they are so lively.
Each Eagle has his own individuality in the act, that's for certain--there are always a lot of personalities to read about.

rickmullen
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Okay, I'm posting as I eat. Are you happy now? :hilarious:

I know Rick was anxious to see the set list, so here it is.

7BR
How Long
I Don't Want To Hear Anymore
Guilty Of The Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
Witchy Woman
Lyin' Eyes
Boys Of Summer
In The City
The Long Run

(Intermission)

No More Walks In THe Wood
Waiting In The weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Best Of My Love
Take It To The Limit
Long Road Out Of Eden
Walk Away
One Of These Nights
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk 49
Heartache Tonight
Life In The Fast Lane

(Encore)
Take It Easy
Rocky Mountain Way
Desperado

Yes, I'll gladly take this exact setlist on Saturday Night in Louisville.
My wife and I are going up there on Friday to do a couple of other
things and get ready for the concert on Saturday.

Rick

Shadowland07
10-14-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2084688&id=1170270409&l=2f34293eeb

my pics from the concert, hope you like

cheryl
10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Your pictures are great. You can see just how much fun they were having last Tuesday. I didn't have a camera with me so thank you for capturing a some of the special moments of my memories.

Shadowland07
10-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Your pictures are great. You can see just how much fun they were having last Tuesday. I didn't have a camera with me so thank you for capturing a some of the special moments of my memories.

:thumbsup: you're welcome Cheryl. I have more photos but mostly pretty much the same lol

EaglesFanatic
10-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Those are great pictures! Looked like a really fun concert. It also looks like you had awesome seats!

Shadowland07
10-14-2010, 11:22 PM
They were amazing seats lol. I hope I can get better if they ever come back to Indy

GlennLover
10-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Great pics, Shadowland! Thanks so much for posting!

Shadowland07
10-14-2010, 11:45 PM
hey thanks :partytime:, if you Borderers (i think thats how i'll it lol) have a facebook feel free to add me

sodascouts
10-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I loved reading this and wish I could have been there. Thanks for the review and photos, guys.

Koala
10-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Shadowland,thanks for share of the great photos with us!

TimothyBFan
10-15-2010, 08:19 AM
They are wonderful Shadowland!!! Glad you were able to go. To bad you didn't meet up with PM or Cheryl (is that right?) that were also there.

Do you live in Southern Indiana? I'm a Northern Hoosier myself but my son lives in Bloomington where he's going to IU.

Prettymaid
10-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Shadowland, thank you thank you thank you!!! I have been looking for pictures, a review - anything from our show and hadn't found anything except for those youtube videos. You made my day!

Joe was wearing his Ramones t shirt but never took his jacket off so that I could see those big arms that have been mentioned lately :-(, but Glenn took his overshirt off for the goodbyes as you can see from SL's pictures.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs772.snc4/67220_1571556806746_1170270409_31573593_1808743_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31573594&id=1170270409&l=2f34293eeb)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs394.ash2/67220_1571556726744_1170270409_31573591_7964624_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31573592&id=1170270409&l=2f34293eeb)

Prettymaid
10-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Look at Glenn in this one!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs906.snc4/71920_1571524445937_1170270409_31573520_7329765_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31573521&id=1170270409&l=2f34293eeb)

Oh, I wish I didn't have to go to work so that I could look at these more!

Prettymaid
10-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Witchy Woman! :smitten:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs905.snc4/71855_1571416043227_1170270409_31573413_2410245_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31573414&id=1170270409&l=2f34293eeb)

Thanks again Shadowland. I'll be saving some of your pictures later if that's okay.

GlennLover
10-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Shadowland, thank you thank you thank you!!! I have been looking for pictures, a review - anything from our show and hadn't found anything except for those youtube videos. You made my day!

Joe was wearing his Ramones t shirt but never took his jacket off so that I could see those big arms that have been mentioned lately :-(, but Glenn took his overshirt off for the goodbyes as you can see from SL's pictures.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs772.snc4/67220_1571556806746_1170270409_31573593_1808743_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31573594&id=1170270409&l=2f34293eeb)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs394.ash2/67220_1571556726744_1170270409_31573591_7964624_n. jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31573592&id=1170270409&l=2f34293eeb)

:smitten: :heybaby: :fainting: :fainted:

Brooke
10-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Wow! Fabulous pictures Sl! Thanks so much for sharing them with us! :thumbsup:

cheryl
10-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi! I finally got some thoughts together. There is no way I could top Cathy, so won't even try.

PRE-CONCERT:Since I went by myself I went early. I got a great parking spot just across the alley from the entrance; same lot where Cathy saw all the radio trucks. After they opened the doors I went to the customer service booth to see about getting to my floor seat without having to use the stairs;hopefully i could use an elevator. They made arrangements to have an usher take me down later when i was ready. I decided to grab a bite to eat first.(There is a little story here I think you will like.) As I'm eating a young couple maybe 21 years old came and asked to share my table since space is limited. Nancy will like this part. They were from Brookston, which is near Lafayette. The girl said she loved the Eagles music because her parents played it all the time. The boy said he really wanted to hear "The Heart of the Matter". It surprised me that he would pick that song. I hated to tell him he would not hear it because it is not on the setlist. We talked about the Eagles and Mellencamp and then headed to our seats. Just thought there are still young people who also like our boys.

By now it's time to go to my seat. The usher took me down to the floor and around hallways I've never had access to before. I could hear music coming from the arena. He told that was JD. At that point I just knew we were going to get the 3 hour show. Now some of my thoughts on a few of the songs.

SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD:Finally got to hear it live. The harmonies are so beautiful. I just wish they would do the entire song.
From my 8th row seat they looked AWESOME. I was 5 rows behing Cathy.

HOTEL CALIFORNIA:This is my 2nd favorite song of theirs. When I hear Steuart's opening I just get chills.

WITCHY WOMAN:This is my 3rd favorite song. I liked Don's intro about witchy with a "w". When he hits those high notes;WOW. I also love Glenn's guitar solo on this song.

THE LONG RUN:I've always liked the stuff with Don and Glenn and Don and Joe on this song. I remember Don saying they were taking a break and coming back and sing until curfew. I wonder if he knew then that one or two songs might be cut.(they had to be out so the floor could be readied for basketball).

INTERMISSION:At this point I went to meet Cathy. As she said we were discussing what a great mood Don was in tonight. I'm so glad we got together and I met my first "border". She and her husband are great people.

NO MORE CLOUDY DAYS:I love to hear Glenn sing this song and tonight his vocal was superb.

BEST OF MY LOVE:Glad this is back on the setlist. Sounded great tonight even if Don changed the ending a little ; I don' remember his singing the lines "every night and day".

LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN: This song is so haunting and with video behind them; you just have to see it live to really get the full effect.

WALK AWAY: Crowd has been waiting to rock with Joe.

ONE OF THESE NIGHTS: This is my favorite Eagles song. Don's performance on this tonight was just amazing. He was so into this and when he hit the hight notes,WOW. This is the 3rd time hearing it live and this was my far the best. Loved it;Loved it. ( I think I see a pattern here;most of my favorites are sung by Don.)

DIRTY LAUNDRY: I like Don and Joe's new hand routine at the beginning.

FUNK #49: Love watching Glenn and Joe on this song. You can see how much fun Glenn is having. I don,t think he gets enough credit for being the great guitar player I think he is.

HEARTACHE TONIGHT:Always rocks. When Glenn sings "nobody wants to go home now" the crowd always roars.

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE: I like Don out front for this song. You know I think I like him out front period. Sometimes he is hidden from me by the drums and cymbals. Liked the part at the end with all 3 guitars. I noticed Shadowland has a picture of it. Thank you.

TAKE IT EASY: Such a great sing-a-long song,especially tonight.

DESPERADO:Don fabulous as always. I had my zoom binoculars on his face for almost all of it.

A FEW MORE RANDOM THOUGHTS: I just remembered something on Funk or maybe Walk Away. Joe was really rockin and the solo near the end seemed to be longer than usual. I was watching Don and Glenn glancing at each other wondering when he was going to end the song;they just smiled at each other and shook their heads.

Wish they could have done "ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE". This seems to always be the song that is cut. I want to see Glenn dance.

WRAPPING UP:I am so glad I decided to go to this show. Seeing them 2 times in 5 days may be more than I can handle. I can't wait for Saturday. Hoping to meet up with a couple more "borders". I will try to post my thoughts on the Louisville show sometime Sunday night since I won't have my computer until then. Heading to Dayton now and then on to Louisville tomorrow.

Brooke
10-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Great review Cheryl! Thanks for keeping us up on this! It's always fun to read everyone's reviews. Different people pick out different things and it keeps those who can't go a little happier. :thumbsup:

StephUK
10-15-2010, 04:53 PM
What can I say Shadowland......great photo!!:thumbsup:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/Eagles2010Indianapolis15.jpg

sodascouts
10-16-2010, 01:59 AM
Love the photos, love the reviews... thanks guys!

Shadowland07
10-16-2010, 10:37 AM
They are wonderful Shadowland!!! Glad you were able to go. To bad you didn't meet up with PM or Cheryl (is that right?) that were also there.

Do you live in Southern Indiana? I'm a Northern Hoosier myself but my son lives in Bloomington where he's going to IU.

I live in Westfield, right next to Carmel and Noblesville

TimothyBFan
10-17-2010, 11:14 AM
I live in Westfield, right next to Carmel and Noblesville

It seems that there's a school just north of Carmel on 31 called Westfield High School? I know the area...can't get to Bloomington from here without going through Carmel before hitting I-465 around Indy.

My first thought when I saw that Will pic was that Steph will be all over that one! :hilarious: He looks like he's really in deep thought in that one! Very nice!

Prettymaid
10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Willie I love your new sig!!!

TimothyBFan
10-17-2010, 11:26 AM
****SIGH****** Me too!! :inlove:

Glennsallnighter
10-17-2010, 12:40 PM
What can I say Shadowland......great photo!!:thumbsup:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/Eagles2010Indianapolis15.jpg

As SOON as I saw this one I though 'Steph will be sooo pleased. We all get so many pics of the 4 Eagles but she doesn't get many posted of Will' Steph, I'm glad you love it

Great reviews and pics everybody. I must say, when I saw Glenn :heart: with his shirt sleeves and jeans and NO overshirt all I could think was....
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::love::inlove::makeout: :fainted:

Prettymaid
10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
I emailed the Indy Star to ask why I wasn't seeing and pictures, articles or reviews of the concert. This was the reply:

Hi Cathy,

You are correct. We didn't cover the event. Unfortunately, we just didn't have the staffing or newshole available for it.

- John

----------------------------------------------

John Scott
Digital Director
Market Development + Digital
John.scott@indystar.com (John.scott@indystar.com)

sodascouts
10-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Hmm, do they have one guy to cover concerts and he/she decided to go to another show?? This is the EAGLES we're talking about!

Disappointing, to say the least.

Glennsallnighter
10-23-2010, 05:45 PM
That is indeed disappointing Nancy! I'm sure you could have volunteered to do a review for them! You'd certainly write a better, more accurate and more entertaining review than some of the ones we have read!

sodascouts
10-23-2010, 06:11 PM
I think PM should just e-mail them HER review and say "You don't have enough staff to write a review? Well, here you go!" ;)

TimothyBFan
10-24-2010, 10:58 AM
I think PM should just e-mail them HER review and say "You don't have enough staff to write a review? Well, here you go!" ;)

DITTO!!

Prettymaid
10-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Lol, yeah I should have. That John Scott guy would never forget me!

sodascouts
12-05-2010, 02:34 PM
AMAZING picture quality for a fanvid. Too bad it's only the second half of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynHgorL9xXQ

The next one is a full song - and the person at one point zooms in on a tight close up of Glenn . Nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iX7AAxmnvA

More tight close-ups, although again only a partial - check out the expressions on Glenn and Don's faces during "bent but we ain't breakin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpOCPfibnSU

Another full song - quality not as good but still great for an audience-filmed video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1dsH_HT5Q

Hurry up and watch 'em before they come to the attention of certain individuals and get taken down!

GlennLover
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Great find, Soda! They are quite good for fanvids!

Prettymaid
12-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Alright! Finally some good videos from my show!

Koala
12-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks, great finds!

Troubadour
12-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Can't believe I've only just caught up with these videos! Great finds. LOVE the Long Run vid.

Peekaboo
12-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Fantastic videos!! I was gonna go to sleep about 2 hours ago but i spotted those vids and I couldn't help myself and had to make some screen caps. I didn't get around to making screen caps for ITC though. Here's what I got so far.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyDon1.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyDonGlenn2.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyDonGlenn3.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyTimGlenn1.jpg

Peekaboo
12-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Oh my!! I didn't realize those were so big. Sorry about the size.

Peekaboo
12-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Here's a few of Glenn from the TIE vid.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyGlennTIE3.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyGlennTIE5.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyGlennTIE6.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyGlennTIE7.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/IndyGlennTIE8.jpg

Prettymaid
12-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh Jess I love you! I'm falling in love with Don all over again remembering that night! How I wish there was a video of WW!

TimothyBFan
12-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Oh my!! I didn't realize those were so big. Sorry about the size.

No apology needed. No one here has ever complained because of the Eagles being to big!:)

Prettymaid
12-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Notice that first screen cap of Don is almost identical to Troub's avatar (seen just above it). :thumbsup:

Koala
12-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Peek, thank you so much for those gorgeous screen caps!:)

GlennLover
12-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Thank you so much, Peek! Those are gorgeous!

Troubadour
12-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Jess - I knew there was a reason I loved you! AWESOME captures. Don is... And Glenn is... :thud:

Prettymaid
12-16-2010, 10:00 PM
I have to admit, up until the Indy show Don was my least fave - he seemed pompous, stuffy and a bit of an a**hole. But after seeing him be fun and silly and...fun... now I don't have a least favorite Eagle. :wink:

12-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow Peek - those screen caps are incredible! Wow - just ... Wow!

And PM - Glad to know that Don won you over in Indy! This is JMHO - but, I think Don gets kind of a bad wrap sometimes - as I always say, I think he is misunderstood. :wink:

Peekaboo
12-17-2010, 06:00 AM
Glad you all like the screen caps. They were lots of fun to make.

PM, it makes me happy that Don is now in your good graces and is no longer a least favorite. He's always been very special in my book.

Glennsallnighter
12-17-2010, 08:07 AM
yeah, Peek, I echo that too! Thanks, they are absolutey gorgeous pics!

Troubadour
12-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Yay for the Don love! Yes, he has his faults - but don't we all? (Well, except for me... :angel:) Cathy, I'm so glad you got to see first-hand a bit of the fun, sweet personality that I've always known is there! I wish I could have been at that show with you.

Jess, once again... amazing screencaps.

Stars
12-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks, Jess-they were wonderful!:)