PDA

View Full Version : Abbreviated Sets?

signofthefourwinds
10-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Hi, I’m new to the board and have read the threads here, but I can’t figure out for the life of me if the sets that they are playing now are shorter than the typical show a couple of years ago, or from the Hell Freezes Over tour from years ago. I saw that there was a quote about “we can’t play 3 hour shows anymore”. Did they, in fact, shorten the shows? If so, what has been cut? Just trying to figure out if I will get my money’s worth if I go to a show.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give on this topic.

Prettymaid
10-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Hy SOTFW and welcome to the Border! Others can probably answer your question better than I can, but I can tell you that in Indianapolis last Tuesday they played three hours! Nothing short about that! Some shows are shortened because it's a festival or an outdoor concert, but the shows they have been playing in arenas have been full length - heck, some even have two encores!

Glennsallnighter
10-22-2010, 08:41 AM
They played a full set in both of the shows I was at last year, namely Dublin and Belfast. If you want to make sure of this I would book for a gig which as no support advertised and which is NOT part of a festival or collaberation (ie WITH one other big name). I'd also check what local arrangements are in place in the area surrounding the stadium wrt noise etc, as some places have curfews for bands on stage which means that they will of necessity have to shorten a set list if they are delayed coming on.
Its just advice though. Nothing is written in stone!

Oh and welcome. I hope you enjoy posting here.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi sotfw and welcome. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy it here on The Border. I believe that the overwhelming majority of people who go to an Eagles show leave there feeling like they got there money's worth. Of course, I'm sure there may be a few disappointed individuals, but they are the exception. Even though Eagles tickets are expensive, I'm thinking that they wouldn't keep selling the number of tickets that they do if the audiences felt they were being cheated. JMHO

As the others here said, the festival and special events shows are the ones that tend to have the abbreviated setlists, and the ticket prices are adjusted accordingly. I'm not aware of any other shows in recent memory that were shortened.

Prettymaid
10-23-2010, 11:19 AM
I think this is a moot point now (at least for SOTFW) because (s)he went to the Pittsburgh show (full show) and enjoyed it very much! But if anyone else is concerned that they're going to see an abbreviated set list this thread may help you decide if you want to go or not. (Shows in the states are almost done for this year anyway...:-()