PDA

View Full Version : Celebration of "Expando"

whitcap
10-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Happy Birthday Expando!

Expando was released a year ago today.

This is a great album. I'll be listening to it throughout the day.

tequila girl
10-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the reminder whitcap - i'm putting it on right now! :thumbsup:

timfan
10-20-2010, 07:28 AM
It's amazing to think it's been a year already! I'll be listening to it after work today for sure!

TimothyBFan
10-20-2010, 08:18 AM
It's been a busy week this week but I did stop and think about all this on Monday because it had been exactly a year since I saw Timothy in Chicago and met so many other Borders and like minded people. Good times!!! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
10-20-2010, 08:27 AM
See, this is why I love it here. I would never have remembered that on my own!

When I listen to Expando I feel proud for Timothy. I know it sounds weird but I feel like he finally got it right and just did what he wanted to do, critics be damned! It's a great album to listen to with lots of different styles of music. My favorite is still Friday Night.

And I believe it was on Oct. 18 that Soda, TBF and I went to see Timothy in Chicago. I remember that we were hoping that they would be selling the CD there even though it hadn't been released yet. Well, it wasn't there and we had to go find it just like everybody else. I remember that some people on here were having a hard time finding it, but I found it on my first trip to Best Buy. Plus I won a copy playing the first Eagles Trivia game on here, which I gave to my brother, who later told me how much he liked it. :thumbsup: Share the love, that's what I say! If you haven't bought an extra copy to give to a friend or family member I suggest that you do!

EaglesFanatic
10-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Happy Birthday Expando! PM- I feel the same way. This album really shows off his true talent. I absolutely love this album, and will be listening to my two favorites today-Parachute and One More Mile :)

Koala
10-20-2010, 09:15 AM
I love the album!
I remember I had, of course, pre-ordered the album and I should get it to the release day,but it could not be delivered, no idea why,all the same!
I have read all the reviews and could hardly expect to hear it, finally.After 3 long weeks, of waiting, it was so far, the wait was worth it, I liked the album from the first note!

Brooke
10-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I really love it, too! And thanks for reminding me about it being 1 year! I'd have never thought of it either!

Kudos to Timothy for doing what he loves and not staying in a mold of the same old thing! :thumbsup:

I think my favorite song now is Secular Praise. Awesomely beautiful! Gives me goosebumps!

Prettymaid
10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Ooh, me too Brooke! Love me some Secular Praise!

luvthelighthouse
10-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Ah yes... I remember going to Best Buy and having them search the area, no luck. Target, database search of the area, no luck. Called one of the last remaining "record stores"... they had it! Jumped into my car and took the 45 min trip at 8:30 at night to get my hands on it! I had the biggest smile on my face the whole ride home. I couldn't wait to each song and savor it. The concert the week earlier seemed to have flown by... and I wanted to each song in my nice closed environment (car) blasting down the expressway. Ah... good night! I mentioned elsewhere, my phone broke on the way home, but I really didn't care. I was so excited to have Expando. To hold it, touch it, read it, listen to it.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-20-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm with the rest of you - I LOVE this album. I listened to it on my drive to Louisville this past weekend. Tim definitely shines on it.

Happy 1st Birthday, Expando!!!

Troubadour
10-20-2010, 07:55 PM
A year already! Wow! I love the fact that the Expando love is still well and truly alive... I'm sure Tim would feel all warm and fuzzy inside if he ever checked out this thread.

CONGRATS, TIM.
LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!

sodascouts
10-20-2010, 09:41 PM
This is my favorite album of Timothy's. I listed to it today in honor of the occasion!

I remember very well that wonderful night seeing Timothy - so amazing! I never thought I'd see him solo, or share the experience with such cool people. ;)

Don't forget:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7FpoBI-edk

I just want to repost here my thoughts on the album from when it first came out:

==================================

My overall thoughts: This is, IMHO, Timothy's strongest album. While many of the songs start off in a similar fashion, before long they twist around and become something else. The thing that strikes me most about this album is how so many of the songs take unexpected turns - suddenly shifting tempos or keys, even styles - it's something he's done before and continues to do with great success. It also seems this album is more personal than his others; maybe it's because he wrote every single song himself, but I feel like we're getting a window into his life.

One More Mile - I love this song. At first I wasn't sure if Tim's vocal was bluesy enough to work it, but every time I listen to it I like it more. So jazzy and catchy, especially the way he sings the title - "one more mile."

Parachute - My favorite on the album. This is where Timothy sounds his most modern and it stands out from the other tracks. They picked right to make this the single, because it would fit right in on radio now. It's rare someone can put out a song that isn't quite what they've done before and still have it work. Terrific job. Little things I love: the way he stops for a beat because going into the chorus, the attitude/altitude lyrics, the metaphor of the parachute / heights entirely, in fact. The soaring plane at the opening, then the visual of him in the penthouse suite of a huge hotel looking down... terrific. I think it's the most sophisticated song on the album. Love it!

Friday Night - such a fun song; I've enjoyed it from the first hearing on MySpace. The lyrics are very cute - I especially like the "princess" and the "palace" lines. It's great how the melody goes from slow to peppy, matching the lyrics as they go from fighting to having a good time. Works for me!

Ella Jean - When I first heard this in Chicago, I immediately thought that the chorus sounded like it was lifted right out of a Beach Boys tune. When I got the album, I decided it was too simplistic and I didn't like it... but then, that chorus got stuck in my head for freaking DAYS. I'd just be buffing my nails or something when I'd find myself humming "Ella, Ella Jean" - it's gotta be doing something right! I do love how romantic and sweet it is. Lucky Jean!

White Boy from Sacramento - I don't usually go for "joke songs" where you get funny voices and all that, so this one had a strike against it going in, but you can't help but love the self-deprecating references and those ladies working it in the background make it even more fun!

Compassion - when the song starts out, my first reaction was "Snooze" - then it hit that "if I see the world as it really is..." segment and I immediately liked it better. Again, it's that unexpected twist that attracts me. His vocal on this song sounds very vulnerable and genuine, which is something that always lifts a song for me. He sells it. Suddenly, near the end, he pulls out the Beach Boys "ahhhhh" again! Always the unexpected.

Downtime - This plays great live but it doesn't strike me quite as much on the album as it did in Chicago. I think the verses get a little repetitive melodically, but then it comes to "Every now and then I gotta shut down" and goes from trudging to kicking back and feeling mellow. Then, I realized - that's exactly what the lyrics do. The first part is supposed to be a bit tiring so that you feel the relief of "downtime" as much as he does. Very effective thematically as a result.

Melancholy - This is the only song I didn't hear live before I heard it on the album, as he didn't play it in Chicago. It certainly achieves the sentiment of the title. I wonder if Timothy meant this to come off as the portrait of someone who feels so sorry for themselves that you are rolling your eyes and going "Get over yourself already?" I say this because even the lyrics admit the guy is self-absorbed and anyone who sighs "Oh, pitiful me" must have some sense of how melodramatic they're being (after all, the Zevon song certainly makes a joke out of it). Something to think about.

I Don't Mind - from the opening almost Charlie Brown-esque tuba you know you're in for something fun. It's catchy and enjoyable, and that carefree melody works with the lyrics well. His vocal not only sounds unfazed, it also has a hint of wry humor. The "misery loves company" lines are clever. I love the attitude of "Man, he is just being ridiculous, but I'm gonna let it roll off my back and do my thing." I bet Timothy lived that a few times while working with the Eagles! lol

Secular Praise - The song starts out slow, but when the Blind Boys of Alabama come in and make it really sound like a praise song, it brings the song up. The line "Gonna breathe it in" - what a great way to put it.

A Good Day - every time I hear this song, I like it more. It's very country, but that's cool with me - if it's well done, it's well done no matter what the genre. I think it has the most consistently clever lyrics of the album, right up there with Parachute. This is another song that got stuck in my head and I'd find myself randomly humming "some make a wish and some like to pray, but everybody just wants to have a good day!" I love the entire chorus - makes me feel good, and it's so catchy. Great way to end the album - with a smile!

Prettymaid
10-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks for posting that video Soda. The person who shot it must have been very close to me, because that was pretty much my vantage point - well, maybe I was just a tad further left.

I wish Timothy would smile more. During the intro and near the end he gives us just a glimpse and I want more! But I have to remember that this was only, like, his third or fourth show, he was carrying the weight of performing new solo songs in front of an audience that was so close we could practically count his nose hairs! :hilarious: All pretty scary I'm sure!

sodascouts
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes, the person who took that video was pretty close to you, PM. It was ME! lol

Prettymaid
10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Oh! :blush: I forgot that you got some video!

Troubadour
10-21-2010, 02:37 PM
LOL!

10-20-2011, 09:24 AM
HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY TO EXPANDO!!!

Well right as Timothy announces a solo show in CA, it's time to celebrate this anniversary. As we have been doing for other albums, we can list our favorites in order for this album. It’ll be interesting to see how close the results are here to what they were when we played the Survivor game a couple of years ago.

Again, this isn’t exactly a game, but more like a poll with no other purpose than to be an exercise of fun. I’m going to list all the songs on the album and ask folks to rank them in the order that they like the songs from favorite to least favorite. I’ll give folks a week to post their list in this thread, and then I’ll calculate the results so you can see how close your list is to the combined scores.

After I calculate the combined scores from everyone’s list, I’ll post the list in the order of which songs had the highest points to the lowest. You will be able to see how close your list comes to the “master” list. If others post a list after a week, I’ll update it with their scores.

I'm not going to repeat all the rules again, but if you would like an overview of how this works, you can go here (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154787&postcount=7).

Okay, here we go – the songs for the Expando album are as follows:

One More Mile
Parachute
Friday Night
Ella Jean
White Boy from Sacramento
Compassion
Downtime
Melancholy
I Don't Mind
Secular Praise
A Good Day

So again, list these songs in the order of your most favorite to least favorite.

10-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Okay - I'll go ahead and get this party started. Here is my list ...

1. Parachute
2. Secular Praise
3. White Boy From Sacramento
4. Melancholy
5. Friday Night
6. A Good Day
7. I Don’t Mind
8. Downtime
9. One More Mile
10. Ella Jean
11. Compassion

TimothyBFan
10-20-2011, 10:23 AM
1. Secular Praise
2. Parachute
4. Friday Night
5. One More Mile
6. Downtime
7. I Don't Mind
8. A Good Day
9. Compassion
10. Ella Jean
11. Melancholy

I did the above before I went back and looked at my original review. I knew it had changed some, especially Secular Praise moving to #1 over Parachute. Secular Praise still chokes me up today, every time I hear it. I absolutely LOVE that song--everything about it!!!! Looks like the rest of it is about the same.

Here's the link to my original review if anyone's interested. I loved reading it. Gave me a few chuckles.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87908&postcount=45

One more thing--when I realized yesterday that it had been 2 years since seeing Timothy in concert and hearing the Expando songs for the first time, I brought it up on my Itunes and listened to part of it and again this morning, the same thing. Each time I heard the beginning of I Don't Mind, as soon as I heard the tuba, I found myself grinning from ear to ear. That still, 2 years later, cracks me up!!!

timfan
10-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Can't believe it's been two years already!

1) Secular Praise
2) White Boy from Sacramento
3) Friday Night
4) Ella Jean
5) A Good Day
6) Parachute
7) One More Mile
8) Downtime
9) I Don't Mind
10) Melancholy
11) Compassion

That's a very tough one cause I genuinely like the whole album; there are no songs I skip lol

Topkat
10-20-2011, 06:03 PM
CONRATULATIONS TO TIMOTHY B SCHMIT for the Anniversary of EXPANDO...:partytime:

Freypower
10-20-2011, 06:04 PM
1. Downtime
2. Parachute
3. A Good Day
4. One More Mile
5. Secular Praise
6. I Don't Mind
7. Melancholy
8. White Boy From Sacramento
9. Friday Night
10. Compassion
11. Ella Jean

I heard Compassion yesterday, & while I like it I prefer most of the other songs. Also I don't seem to like Friday Night as much as other people. I do like it, but I don't love it.

whitcap
10-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Here's my list. I forgot how much I liked this album :)

1. A Good Day
2. I Don’t Mind
3. Secular Praise
4. Parachute
5. Friday Night
6. Ella Jean
7. White Boy from Sacramento
8. Compassion
9. Melancholy
10. One More Mile
11. Downtime

carol7lynn
10-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Just found out that TimmieB is no longer with Lost Highway Records.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

10-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Okay - It's time to post the results of our poll for the Expando album. For me, there were a few surprises here. There were also a couple of ties. So, here's the way the votes went ...

1. Secular Praise - 48 points
2. Parachute - 45 points
3. White Boy From Sacramento - 37 points (tie for 3rd & 4th place)
4. A Good Day - 37 points (tie for 3rd & 4th place)
5. Friday Night - 34 points
6. I Don't Mind - 29 points
7. Downtime - 26 points
8. One More Mile - 25 points
9. Melancholy - 19 points (tie for 9th & 10th place)
10. Ella Jean - 19 points (tie for 9th & 10th place)
11. Compassion - 11 points

So congratulations to Secular Praise as the top vote getter so far.

Thanks to those who participated. As I said earlier, if anyone else wants to still post their list, it's not too late. Go right ahead - I'll update the standings if this happens.

Koala
10-27-2011, 02:06 AM
1. Parachute
2. One More Mile
3. Friday Night
4.Secular Praise
5.White Boy From Sacramento
6. I Don't Mind
7. Downtime
8. A Good Day
9. Compassion
10. Ella Jean
11. Melancholy

TimothyBFan
10-27-2011, 08:09 AM
So happy to see Secular Praise at the very top!!! :nod:

sodascouts
10-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I'll be making a list soon - just gotta listen to it one more time to be sure of my order!

sodascouts
10-29-2011, 03:19 PM
I love this album, and I think it's so wonderful that Timothy continues to put out strong original music even after all these years.

My order:

1. Parachute
2. A Good Day
3. One More Mile
4. I Don't Mind
5. Friday Night
6. Secular Praise
7. Compassion
8. Downtime
9. Ella Jean
10. White Boy from Sacramento
11. Melancholy

Prettymaid
10-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Yes, it just goes to show you some things get better with age. 8-)

1. Friday Night
2. Parachute
3. A Good Day
4. Secular Praise
5. Downtime
6. Melancholy
7. I Don't Mind
8. Compassion
9. White Boy From Sacramento
10. Ella Jean
11. One More Mile

Koala
10-30-2011, 02:37 AM
I love this album!
I remember that I pre-ordered it but had delivered only three weeks later!In ITunes, it was not available so I could not even get it faster there.I still know how you've all raved about the album and I always thought, damn, I want to hear it also, finally!But the long wait then had sometime to end and I could finally hear the album, I liked it right from the first minute!

Prettymaid
10-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I remember that Koala!

Brooke
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Looking back on what I posted right after I got the album and I still feel the same. Secular Praise is still my favorite. Still gives me goosebumps.

1. Secular Praise
2. A Good Day
4. Friday Night
5. One More Mile
6. Parachute
7. Downtime
8. I Don't Mind
9. Melancholy
10.Ella Jean
11.Compassion

Finally, there it is!

11-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Well - I'll go ahead and update this thread since we had several more folks post a list. This changes the results somewhat so here goes ...

1. Parachute - 83 points
2. Secular Praise - 81 points
3. A Good Day - 70 points
4. Friday Night - 69 points
5. White Boy From Sacramento - 58 points
6. I Don't Mind - 52 points (tied for 6th & 7th place)
7. One More Mile - 52 points (tied for 6th & 7th place)
8. Downtime - 47 points
9. Melancholy - 30 points
10. Ella Jean - 28 points
11. Compassion - 24 points

With the addition of these votes, we now have a new leader in the poll - so congrats to Parachute.

Prettymaid
11-05-2011, 07:39 AM
As I recall Dreamer, you and I had a similar admiration for Timothy's vocals on Melancholy. I still think it's his best vocal on the album.

11-05-2011, 10:41 PM
You won't get any argument from me there, PM - I totally agree with you. It really surprises me that more people don't like the song. We may have said this before, but I wonder why this was the only song from Expando that he did not play live during his solo tour and would people have liked it more if he had played it :?: :?: Oh well, Tim said in a recent interview that he might do some different songs on his upcoming tour, so it seems only fair to me that he should do this one. Soooooo ... if you're reading Tim .....

Prettymaid
11-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Well, I specifically remember Soda disliking the line oh pitiful me. And I can see some people listening to it and wanting to jump off of a building. ;)

But musically, it's a damn good song.

11-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah - I guess I take the song more of someone just having one of those days when they are self-absorbed and feeling sorry for themself rather than someone who is about to jump off of a bridge. We've all been there. What I like about the song is that while he's having a bad day, he seems to acknowledge it and knows that it will pass. I particularly like the lines ...

I hope this won't last
'Cause it's such a waste of time

Anyway, I guess we all like what we like, but I agree with you that musically, lyrically, and vocally, it is one of Tim's finest moments.

Prettymaid
11-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah - I guess I take the song more of someone just having one of those days when they are self-absorbed and feeling sorry for themself rather than someone who is about to jump off of a bridge.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that the person in the song is feeling like he wants to jump off of a building. I just meant (tongue in cheek) that I can see some people not liking the song because it depresses them! (Kind of like how I feel when I hear Pink Floyd). ;)

TimothyBFan
11-07-2011, 09:26 AM
(Kind of like how I feel when I hear Pink Floyd). ;)

:shock: You didn't think I'd catch that, did ya?

11-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that the person in the song is feeling like he wants to jump off of a building. I just meant (tongue in cheek) that I can see some people not liking the song because it depresses them! (Kind of like how I feel when I hear Pink Floyd). ;)

Yep - I'm with you here PM. Also, got your back about the Pink Floyd thing! :wink:

Prettymaid
11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
:shock: You didn't think I'd catch that, did ya?

I knew you'd be all over that! Lol!

Freypower
12-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I heard my favourite track from this album, Downtime, last night & came back to this thread to see where it ranked. Only 8 out of 11! I see it's my favourite & whitcap's least favourite. Perhaps the lyrics are a bit repetitive ('I can't.... if....') but I just love the vibe of it. I prefer it when Tim gets a bit more raw.

EaglesKiwi
04-28-2012, 06:32 AM
My copy of Expando arrived, and I am loving it!

04-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Happy listening, EK. I love it too! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
04-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Me too!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

zeldabjr
05-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I can't believe I have never looked at this thread before...but I have been listening to Expando a lot lately getting ready to see Timothy B solo show...Soda did you really take that video of Parachute?...amazing...you ladies must have been close to the stage...yikes..I like hearing what everyone's faves are on Expando...not sure what mine is...for me it's more like what are the ones I don't like....I seem to waver a lot on which I like best....As a fan, I am very proud of him...and I love listening to something of his that we know he put all his heart and soul into...Thank you Timothy B.

SallyGee
06-03-2012, 06:28 PM
This has become my cooking CD. I listen to it every night when I'm cooking dinner. I am so glad he did so much of it in his show last week. He is such a talented man!

zeldabjr
06-03-2012, 06:49 PM
This has become my cooking CD. I listen to it every night when I'm cooking dinner. I am so glad he did so much of it in his show last week. He is such a talented man!

Lately it's been my everything CD...my sister said I was going to get sick of him before I even went to see him...she obviously doesn't know me!!...I love knowing it was all done by him at his home studio..and he put his all into it...you can feel it...I hope he knows how much his fans love it...SG have you seen the Eagles live? I only saw them for the first time live in Atlanta last month...Timothy B is way more talented than he gets to show with the Eagles...I was blown away by him solo...sorry I do go on...

10-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Well - it's time to revive this thread to celebrate ...

HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY TO EXPANDO!!!

It's hard for me to believe it's been 3 years since this album was released. Man - time really does fly. I'm so glad Tim released this and it is definitely my favorite of his solo work, and I don't think I'm alone in this. The best part of all though, is that, for the first time ever, Tim toured to support the album. Before this album, if you had told me that I would get ever see Tim perform solo, I would have said 'no way'! So glad I was wrong about that!!! :partytime:

timfan
10-20-2012, 02:05 PM
3 years have gone fast! Still seems so new and exciting :applause: i think as dreamer mentioned the touring is part of what keeps this album feeling fresh

zeldabjr
10-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Happy Anniversary Expando!:heart:

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/51lkAXDdvtL_SL500_AA300_Expandobig.jpg?t=135075724 2

zeldabjr
10-20-2012, 02:31 PM
every time I listen to it...I always picture seeing him do all the songs (except Melancholy:-()...never get tired of it!...it's a very special CD...and I think for him too...:heart:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2012, 03:00 PM
I love this cd. it was great to hear him do it live at the keswick..happy anniversary:thumbsup::heart:

sodascouts
10-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Well - it's time to revive this thread to celebrate ...

HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY TO EXPANDO!!!

It's hard for me to believe it's been 3 years since this album was released. Man - time really does fly. I'm so glad Tim released this and it is definitely my favorite of his solo work, and I don't think I'm alone in this. The best part of all though, is that, for the first time ever, Tim toured to support the album. Before this album, if you had told me that I would get ever see Tim perform solo, I would have said 'no way'! So glad I was wrong about that!!! :partytime:

Amen! What a privilege to see Timothy B. Schmit play live - one I thought I would never have.

Of course, the album is terrific as well. So thrilling to get new work from him!

Hey, it's been three years, how 'bout another one? ;)

zeldabjr
10-20-2012, 04:18 PM
yeah...as much as I love Expando...another one...please...Mr. Schmit!...you better be workin' on it ...we want some more:grooving:

Topkat
10-20-2012, 06:15 PM
HAPPY 3rdAnniversary EXPANDO!! :partytime::heart::partytime:

I am another one that never thought I would see Timothy on a solo tour & I was so thrilled to see him do it! He was incredible! :heart::heart::heart:
You all know that I am a fan of him since he was in Poco, & this was just so exciting for me! A teenage dream come true for me!!

SallyGee
10-20-2012, 08:09 PM
3 years ! Wow! Time flies. I too have been a fan since Poco. LOVE this album, LOVE this man.

Prettymaid
10-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Expando is a great record! I don't own any of Timothy's other solo works. The only comparison I have is from playing Timothy Solo Survivor here, and most Expando songs are lots better than his other stuff, IMO. I think this is because Expando is all Timothy, raw and real. I also loved seeing him live with friends from The Border.

So happy anniversary to Expando!

zeldabjr
10-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I love it...all Timothy raw and real!:nod::heart::-D:blush:...seriously I know what you mean and you're absolutely right...

Prettymaid
10-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Lol Zelda!

Timothy really opened his heart and soul when he wrote these songs. When I listen to them I get a sense that I am looking through a window to his private life.

zeldabjr
10-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Lol Zelda!
l
Timothy really opened his heart and soul when he wrote these songs. When I listen to them I get a sense that I am looking through a window to his private life.

oh yeah you're so right...that's why it's so special to his fans...and I love the fact that he made it all at his home..and had anyone who was going to be on it come to his house to record...I read somewhere where someone (I don't remember who now) wanted to be on it but couldn't make it to his house and Timothy declined to to have the person do the recording elsewhere...he wanted it all done at his house...very intimate...love it....

Prettymaid
10-21-2012, 07:15 PM
I remember reading that too....wasn't it Alison Krauss?

zeldabjr
10-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I remember reading that too....wasn't it Alison Krauss?

yeah you may be right...wouldn't they sound great together?

Prettymaid
10-21-2012, 07:46 PM
I think they would. Alison is a local girl who made it big. She is from Champaign, IL, about 35 miles from me. We tried to get tickets the last time she came home to perform, but they were sold out within minutes!

TimothyBFan
10-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Yesterday was an absolutely GORGEOUS day here, and I actually thought about a certain Sunday almost exactly 3 years ago that I and a couple Borderers made a journey to Chicago to hear this album sung live before it's release 2 days later. I (and I'm pretty sure all the other Borderers who were there) were awestruck but the whole experience and the songs. I know, I sure was.

I remember thinking the 2 songs we had already heard from it, Parachute and White Boy will surely be my favorites he'll play... till I heard Secular Praise. :faint:There isn't a bad song on this album and most of it is nothing short of spectacular.

Thank you, Timothy! I love all of your albums but this one is so special to me.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/5007_d37839a829e525f5f81692d37e4a0f.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/guitaristmag2001-2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/home_main.png

Prettymaid
10-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Yum Willie!

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 01:03 AM
I think this will be my next musical purchase

TimothyBFan
06-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I think this will be my next musical purchase

You don't have Expando yet? What are you waiting for? :hilarious: Seriously, I think most of us here would agree, it is, by far, the best TBS album of all. It's all him and it shines through.

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Get it SC. You won't be sorry!

zeldabjr
06-04-2013, 12:56 PM
agree!!!...a must for any Timothy fan!

Brooke
06-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Yup, love it!

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 03:43 PM
okay I'll order it today

SallyGee
06-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Could possibly my favorite album ever!

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Get it SC. You won't be sorry!

It is on the way :) Gotta love Amazon

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 08:21 PM

Great! You'll have to let us know what you think of it after you give it a couple listens!

zeldabjr
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
oh yes SC...can't wait til you hear it...

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I heard some samples of songs on Amazon. I like it so far

zeldabjr
06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
oh yes SC...can't wait til you hear it...and I don't know if you read about how he recorded it or not...but he did it all himself...wrote all the songs and produced it himself...with engineering help from his guitarist and friend Hank Linderman...and it was all entirely done at his home studio... all the guests who sang or played on the record...actually went to his home to record their parts...none of this recording it somewhere else and sending it to him...he said somewhere in an interview something like..everyone who is on the record actually came up that driveway...he wanted it that way...there were people who wanted to be on it, but couldn't be there in person to record and he declined to have them do the parts elsewhere and send it to him...all very organic...and very cool...and I think he's very proud of it...ok I've gone on enough...lol

cricrichan
06-05-2013, 12:09 PM

Well done SC ;)

sad-cafe
06-05-2013, 12:20 PM
oh yes SC...can't wait til you hear it...and I don't know if you read about how he recorded it or not...but he did it all himself...wrote all the songs and produced it himself...with engineering help from his guitarist and friend Hank Linderman...and it was all entirely done at his home studio... all the guests who sang or played on the record...actually went to his home to record their parts...none of this recording it somewhere else and sending it to him...he said somewhere in an interview something like..everyone who is on the record actually came up that driveway...he wanted it that way...there were people who wanted to be on it, but couldn't be there in person to record and he declined to have them do the parts elsewhere and send it to him...all very organic...and very cool...and I think he's very proud of it...ok I've gone on enough...lol

that is very cool

sad-cafe
06-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I just got it:partytime:

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 05:58 PM
That's great, SC! Let us know what you think!

sad-cafe
06-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Parachute is my fav so far

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Parachute is a great song. It has been said here on the board that Parachute would be a good song for Timothy to do live with the Eagles. They have the sound for it.

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 07:35 AM
I agree with that. I think it would sound amazing live with the Eagles! Parachute is probably the best song on the album, at least from a commercial perspective, but I really have a soft spot for Downtime. Love that chorus!

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Me too, Lou. I love Downtime, A Good Day, Friday Night...almost all of them!

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 03:40 PM
"Parachute" is my favorite, too. Timothy really put out an amazing piece of work with Expando.

sad-cafe
06-09-2013, 05:05 PM
I am enjoying it

cricrichan
06-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Parachute is my favourite too :) This song helped me to think positive in a very negative moment of my life ... :heart:

sodascouts
10-20-2013, 02:42 AM
Happy anniversary to Expando!

It was released on this day in 2009. What a terrific album - Timothy's best, IMHO!

GlennLover
10-20-2013, 07:40 AM
I can't believe that it's been 4 years! What a great album.

Prettymaid
10-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Happy anniversary to Expando!

It was released on this day in 2009. What a terrific album - Timothy's best, IMHO!

I don't even have to hear his others to know it's the best!

JK, but based on a Survivor game we played several years ago, I would say that most of Timothy's previous songs don't hold a candle to the songs on Expando. I know he's proud of the way he put this album together himself, and it shows!

ETA: IIRC, the album came out the day after we saw him solo in Chicago, so that means we saw him 4 years ago yesterday!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2013, 08:58 AM
I so love this cd.
Jahh and I saw him at the Keswick theater in glenside pa .
I didn't want to listen to it prior to the show I just wanted to go and be entertained
I gotta tell you I am so glad I did .
This is one of my fave cds and I think its because I got to hear it for the first time live as apposed to hearing it first on the cd.
I just kept watching his face as he sang his heart out and he talked between all the songs and explained them etc...just so glad I did

I love white boy from sacramento just a funky funny cool song...

I love that he wrote a song for his wife Ella Jean and explained what inspired him to write the song......so romantic that a man could put in to words how he feels when his wife is away...just so romantic but I already said that but its how I feel when I think of that song.
Its just one of my favorite cds and I always felt its cause I saw it done live the first time I heard all those beautiful songs.
If you haven't listened to it .I highly recommend it.

timfan
10-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Amazing to think it's been 4 years indeed!

Happy Anniversary to EXPANDO!

IMO Expando is Timothy best album as I feel it most represents Timothy himself if that makes any sense.

10-20-2013, 01:52 PM
HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY EXPANDO!!!

And I agree with most others, this album is solo Timothy at his finest. I remember that before he released this album, most of us thought that we would never ever see Tim perform live as a solo act. When the Expando shows were announced, I knew I was going to go see him if at all possible. I met up with eaglesvet and went to the New York show (I didn't even have a ticket for the show, but I had talked with the Bitter End manager and he had assured me I would get in :thumbsup:). Then, I also met up with VA and Zelda in D.C. to see Tim at the Hamilton. I'm so glad that I got the chance to do this - he was fantastic!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2013, 03:21 PM
yep dreamer...I remember hearing about Zelda and your adventures seeing tim when we were at the hard rock in ac before an eagles show..such interesting and fun conversation great times indeed

sodascouts
10-20-2013, 03:51 PM
ETA: IIRC, the album came out the day after we saw him solo in Chicago, so that means we saw him 4 years ago yesterday!

Yes, and what fun that was! Although I still wish Timothy had come back like he told TBF he would! ;)

It felt like a privilege seeing him live, really, since he'd never toured before. He didn't disappoint.

Topkat
10-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Wow, hard to believe it's been 4 years! Time really does FLY BY

Love EXPANDO!

SallyGee
10-20-2013, 06:27 PM
I also love this CD. I love the fact that it was all done the way he wanted it. The fact that we got to hear and see him perform it live at his solo show makes it even more special.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2013, 07:58 PM
sally gee I agree.
I feel so lucky to have seen him do his music his way and all the stories he told in between the music he performed

zeldabjr
10-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Happy Anniversary Expando!!!

love this CD so much!...it is so so him!!! brings back so many great memories from getting to see him solo last summer...:inlove:
I still listen to it all the time to get my Timmy fill!!!

TimothyBFan
10-21-2013, 09:19 AM

What an awesome night!!!

Yes, and what fun that was! Although I still wish Timothy had come back like he told TBF he would! ;)

Don't even get me started. I'll never get over him lying to me and leaving me to wait for him. :doh: Thank goodness I had you and Cathy to help me through my disappointment. :laugh:

It felt like a privilege seeing him live, really, since he'd never toured before. He didn't disappoint.

It certainly was. This is what I put yesterday on the EOC FB page:
"And just a few days earlier, a dream came true for me as I was in awe as I literally stood at his feet in Chicago and listened to him perform them. Never in my wildest dreams of being a fan for over 30 years, did I ever think I'd see him solo."

Without a doubt, his best solo album. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Timothy fan that didn't think so.

Prettymaid
10-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Yesterday I went back and read the review thread for that show. It really brought back some great memories!

Brooke
10-21-2013, 03:22 PM
I certainly agree this is Timothy's best album! Love it!

And shame on him for not coming back to see you Willie! :fingerwag:

cricrichan
10-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Even if I am a bit late, Happy Anniversary to Expando from me too!!!

Love, love, love that album :heart:

sodascouts
10-22-2014, 12:37 AM
Sorry I'm late on this, but Expando turned five yesterday!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Yezh I love tis tbs lp

Brooke
10-22-2014, 09:51 AM
I haven't listened to it for a while....must do! My favorite Timothy album!

bluefeather
10-22-2014, 10:04 AM
happy belated birthday to the great Expando!:partytime:

10-25-2014, 02:32 PM
HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY EXPANDO!!!

Well, it's been another hectic week, so I'm a little late to the party here, but I wanted to come in to congratulate Tim on this fantastic album. It seems almost impossible that it's been 5 years since its release. I love this album and have been playing it in my car CD player this week. I'll always cherish my two experiences of seeing Tim do live solo performances.

Brooke
10-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Happy Anniversary to Expando!

Love this album! I've been listening to HFO, but will get this out too!

TimothyBFan
10-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Which means just over 5 years ago, several of us were in Chicago, right up against the stage, in front of approximately 200 people getting to see them performed just 2 days before the album release. It was the all time greatest concert experience I have ever had and I've seen a LOT of concerts. A true dream come true!!

Brooke
10-20-2015, 03:58 PM
Just noticed that Expando was released on this day in 2009! 6 years already!

Happy Birthday Expando!

My favorite album from Timothy and must get it out and listen this week!

LuvTim
10-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Expando--Daily listening for me!! Just adore this album! Have it on my thumbdrive in the car and play it constantly!! Love, love, love it!! :heart:
Yes, let's celebrate Expando!!

sodascouts
10-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Love this album!

zeldabjr
10-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Happy 6th Birthday Expando!!!

I'm with you LuvTim!! listen to it daily...just love it!!

UndertheWire
10-23-2015, 05:32 AM
I got this last week, though I've only managed to listen through once, so far. I like the stripped down sound, like it was just Tim and a few friends getting together and recording in a few takes. My favourite on first listen is "Parachute".

10-24-2015, 06:45 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EXPANDO!!!

UTW - Hope you enjoy listening to the album. I may be a little late, but I think I'll listen to it this coming week. I think its Tim's best solo effort and I was thrilled to be able to see two of his live solo performances.

Brooke
10-26-2015, 10:13 AM
I've been listening to Expando this weekend and really enjoyed hearing it again!

MaryCalifornia
10-26-2015, 11:22 AM
Happy birthday, Expando! Ready for another TBS solo release and tour!!

Annoying Twit
05-19-2016, 12:04 AM
Just heard this on Spotify and really liked it. Hopefully he'll record another album in the same way.

LuvTim
10-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Celebrating Expando!! What a terrific, fun album from our terrific, fun Timothy! :inlove:

:rockon:

buffyfan145
10-20-2016, 04:23 PM
Happy Birthday to "Expando"!!! :D Love this album too.

10-22-2016, 03:51 PM

And to celebrate I received my Leap of Faith CD on your anniversary. :applause:

sodascouts
10-24-2016, 08:54 PM
Great album! I was just listening to "One More Mile" on my iPod today and thinking how great this album is. Well done, Timothy! And now, seven years later, he's still putting out new music!

zeldabjr
10-24-2016, 10:19 PM
Happy Anniversary Expando!! WoW...can't believe it's been seven years!!!...love this CD to the moon and back!!!

Funk 50
10-25-2016, 05:27 AM
I've been trying to find the names of Tim's fabulous backing singers and found this little Expando treat;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSDrq96w7hE

10-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Time for another anniversary wish for my favorite Timothy solo album ...

http://timothybschmitonline.com/images/expandofront.jpg

LuvTim
10-20-2018, 05:55 PM
💖💖💖💖

sodascouts
10-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Happy anniversary!

I've come to consider this Timothy's finest work.