View Full Version : Pittsburgh, PA 19-10-2010

Koala
10-20-2010, 01:53 AM
A review from the last concert.

Concert Review: Eagles' performance is peaceful, easy, familiar

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10293/1096580-501.stm

signofthefourwinds
10-20-2010, 09:45 PM
This was my first Eagles show, and I had a great time. I got a great deal on a ticket outside the venue (from a fan with an extra ticket, not from a professional scalper.) The band sounded wonderful. I still can't get over all the solo songs that they play, while leaving out a few Eagles hits. That seems really strange to me, given how other bands who have reunited or have members with solo careers are strict on playing only songs from the band, and not band member's solo songs. For me Joe Walsh stole the show with "In The City." The one - two punch of "Boys of Summer" followed by "In The City" just couldn't be beat. I'm glad that I finally saw the band, particularly now that they may be hanging it up for good.

sodascouts
10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Glad you had a good time, SOTFW! It is a good thing to see 'em while you can - although I hope they don't hang it up for a while, all good things must come to an end, and they have been making noises about this all coming to an end next year. :(

Yeah, they do play a lot of solo stuff, but if you think about it - Joe has only four songs with the Eagles, so they gotta pull out his solo/James Gang stuff to fill it out. Indeed, when he plays two Eagles songs - Guilty of the Crime and In the City - he is actually playing 50% of his Eagles catalog (not counting One Day at a Time, which can't be found on a studio album)! Don is another matter, but Boys of Summer, Dirty Laundry, and All She Wants To Do Is Dance are certainly crowd-pleasers.

Prettymaid
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
SOTFW, I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, especially after your concerns about getting a shortened set list. I agree with you about the 1-2 punch of BOS and ITC. It's one of my favorite parts of the show!

TimothyBFan
10-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Yeah, they do play a lot of solo stuff, but if you think about it - Joe has only four songs with the Eagles, so they gotta pull out his solo/James Gang stuff to fill it out. Indeed, when he plays two Eagles songs - Guilty of the Crime and In the City - he is actually playing 50% of his Eagles catalog (not counting One Day at a Time, which can't be found on a studio album)!

Not to be picky but HUH? They sure don't pull out any solo stuff for another member that has even less Eagles songs. Just saying.....

Ive always been a dreamer
10-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Hate to point this out Willie, but we gotta remember that the solo songs that they are playing now were all hits. There are quite a few other solo songs that were big hits that they don't play, so it's not surprising to me that they aren't playing any that weren't hits. Just saying ...

TimothyBFan
10-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm sorry, maybe I was out of line in my statement and I'm aware of the "hits" factor. But maybe if they would spare 3 minutes for, let's say, Parachute, it might actually be noticed by thousands of people and get a chance to become a current hit?

Trust me dreamer, I LOVE Joe's solo stuff, really, really, really I do!!! The point I'm trying to make isn't necessarily I want them to even add more Timothy but I would sacrifice a couple Joe songs for a couple more EAGLES hits. NKIT, TS, JD, OTB or if the need is for Joe to sing, Pretty Maids would even do. I'm a broken record I know about this--sorry. I just maintain it's an EAGLES show not a Joe Walsh or Don Henley solo show.

EaglesFanatic
10-27-2010, 12:41 AM
But maybe if they would spare 3 minutes for, let's say, Parachute, it might actually be noticed by thousands of people and get a chance to become a current hit?
NKIT, TS, JD, OTB
OTB! Yes!!!!! That would be so cool. I thought they already do Tequila Sunrise and New Kid In Town :shrug: maybe I'm just imagining things :lol:
I think it's only fair that they give Timothy just one song. I mean, he hardly has any songs in their setlists.

Freypower
10-27-2010, 02:13 AM
They dropped both TS & NKIT a long time ago and some of us are still recovering and/or wondering why.

If Tim were to have a solo song included then so should Glenn. Glenn's songs are usually the ones dropped (look at Somebody, the omission of which I still utterly fail to understand).

GlennLover
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'm sorry, maybe I was out of line in my statement and I'm aware of the "hits" factor. But maybe if they would spare 3 minutes for, let's say, Parachute, it might actually be noticed by thousands of people and get a chance to become a current hit?

Trust me dreamer, I LOVE Joe's solo stuff, really, really, really I do!!! The point I'm trying to make isn't necessarily I want them to even add more Timothy but I would sacrifice a couple Joe songs for a couple more EAGLES hits. NKIT, TS, JD, OTB or if the need is for Joe to sing, Pretty Maids would even do. I'm a broken record I know about this--sorry. I just maintain it's an EAGLES show not a Joe Walsh or Don Henley solo show.

I'm with you there, Willie!