PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jean Baby by Sally Parmer

TimothyBFan
10-25-2010, 11:12 AM
I had a friend request from Sally Parmer on Facebook and knew the name sounded familiar so looked her up (we have 5 friends in common and so I suppose that's how she requested me). Anyways she was a 60s Laurel Canyon girl and wrote this book about it. I looked it up on Amazon and found a couple of the chapter titles interesting....
Chapter 5, "City Girls Just Seem To Find Out Early-The Eagles" and Chapter 19, "There's Plenty Of Room At The Hotel California-The Eagles". There's also chapters about CCR, The Beatles, Bob Seger, Neil Young and many others. Sounds pretty darn good and intend to get it.

Haven't had any time to research any of this any further or read any of the excerpts yet but plan to do so. Is anyone familiar with this book or Sally?

Here's the Amazon link to the book.
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Jean-Baby-Through-L/dp/1439229821/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288019592&sr=1-1

Brooke
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Hmmmm, sounds interesting. I may have to get it too!

Thanks Willie!

MikeA
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
If the picture on the cover is a picture of Sally, I don't think I know her, but if the book is a ghost name, then I definitely know a lady who could have been the author! God how I wish she'd write a book! I think the only reason she doesn't is that there have already been so many written.

pueblo47
10-25-2010, 04:34 PM
I had a friend request from Sally Parmer on Facebook and knew the name sounded familiar so looked her up (we have 5 friends in common and so I suppose that's how she requested me). Anyways she was a 60s Laurel Canyon girl and wrote this book about it. I looked it up on Amazon and found a couple of the chapter titles interesting....
Chapter 5, "City Girls Just Seem To Find Out Early-The Eagles" and Chapter 19, "There's Plenty Of Room At The Hotel California-The Eagles". There's also chapters about CCR, The Beatles, Bob Seger, Neil Young and many others. Sounds pretty darn good and intend to get it.

Haven't had any time to research any of this any further or read any of the excerpts yet but plan to do so. Is anyone familiar with this book or Sally?

Here's the Amazon link to the book.
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Jean-Baby-Through-L/dp/1439229821/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1288019592&sr=1-1

I've got the book, wasn't too impressed with it, but that's just me.

TimothyBFan
10-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Actually Mike, I believe she now has long curly red hair.

P47--what's it all about for the most part? It's not suppose to be like Pamela Des Barres books (thank goodness!!! She drives me CRAZY!!). The little snippets I've had a chance to read so far don't look to bad.

pueblo47
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Actually Mike, I believe she now has long curly red hair.

P47--what's it all about for the most part? It's not suppose to be like Pamela Des Barres books (thank goodness!!! She drives me CRAZY!!). The little snippets I've had a chance to read so far don't look to bad.

The chapter titles are misleading. City Girls Just Seem to Find Out Early - The Eagles.....that's just the name of the chapter which involves sex, the Kinks, the Turtles, etc. Lots of name dropping, sex with very young teen girls, pregnancy and abortions, you name it. It's been a while since I read it but the Eagles basically aren't in it, if they are, barely a mention.

MikeA
11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Just reread the post I made earlier in this thread.....about knowing a lady who could write a book about the 60's and Laural Canyon and Hollywood in general.

It, in context, hinted that "she" was one of the groupies. The lady I know WAS NOT. She was just in the middle of everything back then....especially from the record industry angle. She knows more about that era from the inside than anyone I know and I myself have NOTHING but tremendous respect for her.