PDA

View Full Version : Talking to the Moon

sodascouts
05-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Julie was kind enough to send me some Don solo CDs and I have to say, every time I listen to "Talking to the Moon" I like it even more. I just heard a live version of it from 1986 and that sealed the deal. What a gorgeous song.

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

sodascouts
05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Yes, now I understand, lol. In fact, I'm playing it again at this moment. Sigh.

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

tengo ritmo
05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
It's my favorite Don solo song, too. It's so amazing! Gives me the chills sometimes.

---

-Irene

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

Freypower
06-01-2006, 05:45 AM
It's very high on my list, it's extremely moving and evocative. I like his 'stripped down raw' songs and this is a prime example.

sodascouts
06-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree about the "stripped down" sound. As for Talking to the Moon, I think the best part is the end when he goes high after that great brief instrumental buildup.

~

weefieryredhead
11-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Talking to the Moon is a beautiful song I'm afraid Lilah just about pips it for me in the fabulous stakes but I do love it a lot. It's so beautiful and melodic.

SweetHolly
03-16-2007, 05:01 AM
I love Talking to the Moon. Especially since it's about Texas.

DonFan
03-16-2007, 10:01 AM

Ooh, we are talking about one of my all-time favorite Don songs!

I met Don in Texas at the UNT lecture in September 2005, and I remember driving through Dallas to the university listening to that CD in my rented car, and every time I hear Don sing:
"When the hot September sun down in Texas...." it takes me back to that moment. <sigh>

SweetHolly
03-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Ooh, we are talking about one of my all-time favorite Don songs!

I met Don in Texas at the UNT lecture in September 2005, and I remember driving through Dallas to the university listening to that CD in my rented car, and every time I hear Don sing:
"When the hot September sun down in Texas...." it takes me back to that moment. <sigh>
Awesome. Yes it's true the sun is truly hot in Sepember in Texas. :D 8)

Ive always been a dreamer
04-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I failed to respond to this thread before. But, it caught my eye because I was just listening to I Can't Stand Still earlier this week, so I thought I would revive the thread. Although, I like Talking to the Moon, I like Long Way Home better. However, my favorite ballad on the CD is definately Lilah. I think that song is just gorgeous.

DonFan
04-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Lilah is definitely gorgeous. Certain lines just make me melt:

"After I'm gone, there are some things I know I will miss,
The taste of your mouth, the smell of the perfume on your wrist....." :inlove:

Hotel California 80
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah great song. Probably my favourite of his solo albums overall too.

StephUK
10-22-2009, 07:45 AM
I love 'Talking to the Moon', especially the version on the Live Inside Job DVD with Will playing some beautiful piano.

Steph