PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Brooke
07-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Tonight on Jeopardy in the category "Reunited" the question was "Don Henley said this group would reunite "when hell froze over." The person got the answer right. Wonders never cease!

But, wasn't it Glenn that said that? Or was it Don?

They also had one on Fleetwood Mac about playing Don't Stop for the Clinton inaugeration.

Last week on the CBS early morning show they played THIO during a weather segment. 8)

Freypower
07-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Don said 'hell freezes over'. Glenn said 'Armageddon' in Australia in 1988.

Maleah
09-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Well...yesterday day I bought seasons 1 & 2 of the West Wing. I was watching them today and the episode I'm watching right now is "Somebody's Going To Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail." So obviously I thought of Don as soon as I saw the title:D And when the episode started.......New York Minute also started :lol:

Brooke
10-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I didn't know where to put this, so here it is!

Watching Monday night football just now and they announced that the Eagles were providing the soundtrack for tonight's game! They just played a snippet of HL and showed them in one of the new photos! So, tune in to ESPN! :D

BTW, I'm not a big football fan. Hubby is, so at least they will make it bearable for me tonight! :lol:

Molly
10-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I didn't know where to put this, so here it is!

Watching Monday night football just now and they announced that the Eagles were providing the soundtrack for tonight's game! They just played a snippet of HL and showed them in one of the new photos! So, tune in to ESPN! :D

BTW, I'm not a big football fan. Hubby is, so at least they will make it bearable for me tonight! :lol:

I'm only watching tonight coz my Packers are playing. When they announced this -my husband looked over at me and laughed -he said " Gee, try not to grin too much!"

Perfect Little Sister
10-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Brooke and Molly-I love to watch football, but I didn't do so last night. Darn it! When the Walmart commercial came on whatever channel we had on my heart did skip a beat. lol

DonFan
10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
I had another Eagles TV moment last night. Does anyone watch Nip/Tuck? I reluctantly got sucked into that show--morbid curiousity about plastic surgery--and it had the new season premiere last night. The two doctors have relocated from Miami to L.A. (the actresses in Hollywood offer more fertile pickings for plastic surgery I guess) and they spent most of the show trying to attract new clients. Guess what song was playing in the background?
New Kid In Town :roll: --not sung by the Eagles but someone sounding remarkably like them.

Brooke
10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Great catch, DF! I have watched Nip/Tuck a few times out of curiosity too. The times I did watch it was kinda "out there"! :lol:

DonFan
10-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Great catch, DF! I have watched Nip/Tuck a few times out of curiosity too. The times I did watch it was kinda "out there"! :lol:

Yeah, it is kinda "out there", all right. Sometimes I have to turn it off, too.

Brooke
12-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Last night I turned on the tv to the CBS evening news and as they were rolling the credits at the end they were playing PCHFC! I just smiled and listened. A perfect ending! :D

Freypower
08-08-2008, 07:38 PM
We were alternating between Max and VH1 last night. VH1 had an '80s at 8' theme so when I switched over there was Don's BOS. That does not happen to me often so I had to mention it. 8)

Mrs Henley
08-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Thursday I switched my tv on and ended up at VH1 Classic and I saw a very familiar face and the voice..I knew it..And yes it was Glenn with The Heat Is On, tried to make some vids of it but it didn't work.

Glennsallnighter
08-09-2008, 06:03 PM
FP and MH, looks like I'm going to have to start comandeering the tv more if these delights continue on VH1!!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Was watching CSI the other day and they made a Hotel California reference.

Mrs Henley
08-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Haaa to funny GOS! :D

glenneaglesfan
09-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I was cooking supper in the kitchen tonight when I thought I heard a familiar tune - I ran to the sitting room where hubby was watching the local news about the Tall Ships race in Falmouth, and they were playing a clip from I Dreamed There Was No War!! Was I made up!:)

Glennsallnighter
09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
OMG, GEF!! I hope that wasn't on the BBC! I'd be raging if I'd missed it! Well done. Did hubby know what it was?

glenneaglesfan
09-17-2008, 03:47 AM
Naw, GA, hubby's never listened to the album! It was on Spotlight, the local news. I recorded the later programme but they missed that bit off.:-(

sodascouts
09-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Wow, that is freaking awesome GEF! Too bad they chopped it off when you tried to record it. :(

ticky
10-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Ok, so Im sick and lying on the sofa. The earphones from my pod hurt my head (how depressing is that?) so Im thinking I'll check out something on TV. I was thinking how cool it would be if Farewell 1 or HFO was on, but alas no. BUT an old rerun of Miami Vice was on so just out of curiosity I looked and it was SMUGGLERS BLUES! YEA!!!
Im feeling a little better now *G* I like scruffy Glenn *G*

Troubadour
10-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Hope you feel better soon, ticky. Glad Glenn was around to cheer you up!

DonFan
11-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Does anyone watch Deperate Housewives? The husbands have formed a garage band, and Bree's husband came in from practice tonight and said, "I'm so excited--they are letting me sing lead on Hotel California!"

GlennLover
11-03-2008, 12:11 AM
LOL, DF. I watched the show tonight but I missed that part.

sodascouts
11-03-2008, 01:35 AM
LOL! That's great!

Wildthyme
11-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Does anyone watch Deperate Housewives? The husbands have formed a garage band, and Bree's husband came in from practice tonight and said, "I'm so excited--they are letting me sing lead on Hotel California!"

I am watching it right now and Orson just said that line... lol

Mrs Henley
11-03-2008, 04:02 AM
I am watching it right now and Orson just said that line... lol

Saw that too! :)

EagleLady
12-31-2008, 09:24 PM
There was this lady On Who wants to be a millionaire who claims she dated Don before the Eagles got together :headscratch:

Troubadour
01-01-2009, 11:50 AM
There was this lady On Who wants to be a millionaire who claims she dated Don before the Eagles got together :headscratch:

Lucky girl!

Stars
02-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Tonight I was watching "Bingo America" (hubby and I like to relax in the evening after work watching game shows!), and the question was: "Name the British heavy metal band with Jimmy Page as the guitarist". Imagine my surprise when one of the contestants blurted out "The Eagles" and the other one responded with "Van Halen".
Now I never knew our guys were British, let alone a heavy metal band!;):laugh: You learn something new every day!

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Lol Stars! I heard them mixed up with Chicago on a gameshow once!

EagleLady
02-17-2009, 02:38 PM
sʇoıpı ǝɹɐ sʇuɐʇsǝʇuoɔ ǝsoɥʇ ɟo ǝɯos

Mrs Henley
02-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Uh? :lol:

EagleLady
02-17-2009, 03:17 PM
:lol: I love typing upside down

Prettymaid
02-17-2009, 03:20 PM
:lol: I love typing upside down

Yes, I understand your post but what does it have to do with the topic?

EagleLady
02-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes, I understand your post but what does it have to do with the topic?

I was responding to the post about the Game show contestants.

Stars
02-17-2009, 06:57 PM
EL, that is so cute when you type upside down!:hilarious:

EagleLady
02-17-2009, 07:22 PM
:hilarious: Thanks. I think it's neat

Peekaboo
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
C.S.I is one of my favorite tv shows. I've seen every episode and I can't believe that I missed this. I've been watching season 6 on dvd over the last week and in one of the episodes they make reference to a certain clinic being like Hotel California. "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave."

ticky
04-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Last night I was watching David Letterman. It was an old one and he was doing Interesting "facts" (which arent facts but just goofy stuff) One was "Hotel California, You can check in but only with a valid credit card and ID" then Dave laughed and said "The Eagles, remember them Paul? The Eagles?" Paul said something about them being a great band that was still touring. Then Dave and Paul bantered back and forth about them.. I wish I could remember all of it, but it was well after midnight and my beddy-bye drugs were starting to kick in *G* It ended with Paul flipping Dave "The Eagle" hehehe

eaglesvet
04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
I wish I had seen that one!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Wish I could've seen that Letterman exchange.

ticky
06-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Joe was on "The Best of 1978" On VH1. Peter Frampton mentioned him as one of the guitar Gods of 1978. Just a quick mention and a pic, but still pretty cool (I made Jenni rewind it and play it back a few times *G*)

luvthelighthouse
11-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I was watching The Rocker last night. Christina Applegates character says, "take it easy" and Rainn reply's, "okay, the Eagles"... I LOL... then I said, to myself, there is no "the" in front of Eagles. Then I laughed more at my dorkiness for thinking that!

11-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Sounds like a perfectly normal reaction to me, ltl. :wink:

Brooke
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
The other night we were watching Larry The Cable Guy on tv and he mentioned that he'd seen the Eagles in Las Vegas. He loved them and they were the soundtrack of his life, but if they get any older they'll be the Bald Eagles! We couldn't help but laugh!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
05-16-2010, 09:32 PM
My best friend and i were watching a CSI marathon in a seaon 6 episode (Pirates of the Third Reich) on of the characters said that a clinic (you havto see the episode to get it) "was like Hotel California you can check in anytime you like but you might never leave" she looked at me and busted out laughing :hilarious:

Brooke
06-17-2010, 10:14 AM
This morning the Today Show had a segment about bankers going wild in a luxury car race on US highways and they were playing parts of Life In The Fastlane!

Prettymaid
06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
This morning the Today Show had a segment about bankers going wild in a luxury car race on US highways and they were playing parts of Life In The Fastlane!

Well, this just sounds bizarre! :headscratch:

Brooke
06-18-2010, 09:15 AM
I know! Here's a link:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/37749380#37749380

EaglesFanatic
07-03-2010, 01:39 AM
I was watching The Office a while back. If any of you are familiar with the show, Michael Scott (the boss of the office) came to work, and his coworkers bought him ice cream. He said, "oooh Eagles flavors... Cake it to the limit, my favorite". That made me smile :hilarious:

07-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah EF - that was very cute. As a matter of fact, we had a whole thread about it at the time in which some Borderers even came up with a few flavors of their own. Here is the link if you're interested ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2483

EaglesFanatic
07-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Haha thanks! That is really funny

sodascouts
08-21-2010, 07:29 PM
I was watching an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (which is a show where comedians riff on bad movies) and they made two references to the Eagles while mocking The Girl in Lover's Lane. I figure, why cite the references when I can show 'em to you thank to YouTube?

[about 6:45]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkZ9ce7dm24

[about 50 seconds in]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7jRUWZRzLw

Prettymaid
08-22-2010, 11:33 AM
I used to love watching Mystery Science Theatre 3000! I didn't think it was on anymore. I'd love to watch it again!

sodascouts
08-22-2010, 04:36 PM
It's not on TV anymore - I watched it through Netflix. You can easily find episodes on YouTube as well.

Prettymaid
08-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks Soda. Their quick responses were so deadpan they used to make me laugh out loud!

08-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Yep - those are funny, especially that first one.

TimothyBFan
09-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Last night watching a Bones rerun with Ryan O'Neal playing Brennan's father. He talks about how, when she was a little girl, she would ask him to sing the "Tryin'" song. Says "the one by Poco". Then he sings a couple lines of it.

Shadowland07
11-04-2010, 09:08 PM
just watchin the office and the the priest said that "Its a happy day not only because of the christianing but because the Eagles are playing today. You might've noticed the bus outside the church."

whitcap
11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
just watchin the office and the the priest said that "Its a happy day not only because of the christianing but because the Eagles are playing today. You might've noticed the bus outside the church."

Its probably talking about the Philadelphia Eagles. The show is set in Pennsylvania.

luvthelighthouse
11-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I took it as our Eagles too. As a matter of fact, I wonder if one of the writers of the show happen to be an Eagles fan.

I can see how it could be either our Eagles or the football team.

Prettymaid
11-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Well if it wasn't about our Eagles we'll just pretend it was. ;)

LTL, how the heck ya doin'? Don't be a stranger!

11-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I totally agree with you on both counts PM!

luvthelighthouse
11-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Ugh, I wish I weren't such a stranger around here. I love this board and the people on here. I try to pop on and read a bit here and there... I have no idea why my life is so much more hectic now then it was a year ago.

I think of you guys all the time! Then, when I hear Eagles references, like on The Office, it makes me want to immediately come here to discuss.

I need an Eagles fix. My car CD player is broken and I'm not getting my daily dose of the guys. :-(

Brooke
11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
ltlh, you are just gonna have to remedy these situations! Glad to hear from you again! :thumbsup:

ticky
12-13-2010, 11:51 PM
I was watching the Simpsons with the family this evening, a rerun I think. They were at a hockey game where they had skybox seats. Lisa became angry with her family who was more interested in the gormet buffet, jaccuzzi tub and massages then the game. She told Homer "I'm going down there and stand up to my ankles in beer and blood with the real fans!" And Homer said "okay sweety, have a good time at your Eagles concert!" LOL I don't remember the blood but there but there was an occasional beer. *G*

Prettymaid
12-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Lol!

sodascouts
12-14-2010, 11:46 AM
lol! Seems like the Eagles would be the last group to use for that joke!

Troubadour
12-14-2010, 07:02 PM
That's so funny!

tequila girl
12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
I love Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" (in fact most of Willies stuff!) :thumbsup: and obviously TIE

Brooke
12-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Watching CBS News Sunday Morning and had a story about the Chateau Marmont with the Eagles' Hotel California playing in the background, mentioning that it may have been the inspiration for the song.:thumbsup:

I saw that!

GlennLover
12-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Me too! Recognized those opening notes immediately!

TimothyBFan
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Don't know if this one's been mentioned yet but one night this past weekend, we were watching the show Hot In Cleveland. The women were all sitting around the table talking and Victoria said "half way through the tour, he left me stranded on a corner in Winslow, AZ." And Melanie says, "Isn't that an Eagles song?" Victoria replies, "Never tell Don Henley anything in confidence.".:hilarious: Of course I caught the fact that Don didn't write Take It Easy and told hubby she's wrong, Glenn & Jackson Browne wrote it. He just rolled his eyes at me. :hilarious:

sodascouts
12-28-2010, 03:06 PM
That would have been my response, too, Willie! lol

Peekaboo
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
That would have been my response, too, Willie! lol

Me too. When it comes to the Eagles we are all about the details and facts. Some people just don't get it, but we do. :) One of my friends will call Timothy "Timothy J." instead of Timothy B. The first few times she did it on accident but after correcting her every time she now does it on purpose just to annoy and aggravate me. :roll:

TimothyBFan
12-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Me too. When it comes to the Eagles we are all about the details and facts. Some people just don't get it, but we do. :) One of my friends will call Timothy "Timothy J." instead of Timothy B. The first few times she did it on accident but after correcting her every time she now does it on purpose just to annoy and aggravate me. :roll:

And I suppose she spells his last name Schmidt also? :steviesmack: :hilarious:

Brooke
03-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Last night my hubby was watching the news while I was in the kitchen and he called for me to hurry and come see something on tv. I went in and he said look at the background. The guy was reporting from Singapore and there was a tour poster of the Eagles on the wall! I told hubby good job seeing that and that they had just been there last week. He knew I would like that! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
03-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Your hubby gets brownie points for that one, huh Brooke!

jdubfan
03-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Tonight on Jeopardy, afraid I wasn't watching closely so I don't know the category or the answer, but heard the name Don Henley and listened in...the question was regarding End of the Innocense and the answer was Who's Melissa Etheridge...so it must have been about guest backup singers or something. But it's nice to see Don gettin' represented anyway...and someone knew the answer!

sodascouts
04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
As I've said before, I'm a huge fan of the TV show Mystery Science Theater 3000 and I was watching the episode where they riff the 1956 western Gunslinger with Beverly Garland and John Ireland. In one of the host segments, they're comparing the 1970s vs. the 1870s. Crow is asking Joel about the 1970s and one of his questions is, "Were the James Gang still around?" (referring to Jesse James' outlaw gang from the 1870s) and Joel replies, "Oh no, Joe Walsh broke up and started Barnstorm." LOL! I do wonder why Joel didn't mention Joe joining the EAGLES though!

The joke starts at 2:00 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVGQXCY2ayI&feature=related

Prettymaid
04-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Lol! I've mentioned before how much I love MST3000. That is priceless!

WalshFan88
04-30-2011, 01:26 AM
I was watching the comedian tonight "Larry The Cable Guy" tonight on Comedy Central and he said "I just was in Vegas and saw the Eagles. Yeah that's great. That's the soundtrack of my life right there. But if they keep doing it they are going to have to change their name to the Bald Eagles". I had to :lol:.

sodascouts
05-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I was watching an old re-run of Saturday Night Live yesterday. It was an episode originally aired December 13, 1975. The Eagles got a mention.

Back in its first season, SNL regularly aired short films by Albert Brooks. In the one from this episode, Albert Brooks gets some food delivered to him because he's sick. The delivery boy just happens to recognize him and tell him how great he thinks his new album, A Star Is Bought, is. The delivery boy also wonders why more people don't know about A Star Is Bought. He asks Brooks, "Why doesn't your record company take out ads? What do they do - spend all their money promoting the Eagles?"

(Methinks Mr. Brooks might have been a bit bitter when he made that film. lol)

05-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Loved that SNL line Soda. And the answer was probably "yes" the record company was spending all their money promoting the Eagles. Wise choice if you ask me. :thumbsup:

Judy
05-17-2011, 10:29 PM
I was watching Millionaire today and this question came up:

"Raven hair and ruby lips, sparks fly from her fingertips". What song is that the first line of?

TimothyBFan
05-18-2011, 06:56 AM
I certainly hope that contestant got it correct!

Judy
05-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes, he did. He mentioned that he hears it on the oldies station all the time.

sodascouts
05-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Wonder if, when the guys recorded that all those years ago, they ever figured it'd be the answer to a game show question!

Henley Honey
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Oldies station ?? Ouch !

luvthelighthouse
06-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Not on The Office, but I was watching Franklin and Bash from last Wed.

Mark Paul is playing guitar and he says somthing along the lines of, "make a request. something between the Eagles or AC/DC." Aww...

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Sounds like someone who writes for the show is a fan!

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 12:31 AM
I saw another Eagles mention on a Saturday Night Live re-run from 1977. The self-absorbed secretary of the skit was too busy talking about her date at the Eagles concert to notice that her boss was trying to drown himself in the office aquarium. Dark but funny nonetheless!

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 03:26 AM
That's hilarious!

sodascouts
07-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Another Eagles mention on an old rerun of Saturday Night Live from 1980:

Convict awaiting pardon: "Where's [California] Governor Jerry Brown?"

Lieutenant Governor: "Sorry, he's not available. He's on tour with the Eagles."

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesJerryBrown.jpg

GlennLover
07-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Another Eagles mention on an old rerun of Saturday Night Live from 1980:

Convict awaiting pardon: "Where's [California] Governor Jerry Brown?"

Lieutenant Governor: "Sorry, he's not available. He's on tour with the Eagles."

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesJerryBrown.jpg

Is 1st person on the left David Lindley & is the & the 3rd person from the right Dan Fogelberg?

Henley Honey
07-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Do you think Linda Ronstadt realized how lucky she was??
OMG. Jackson Browne too! The icing on the man-cake.

whitcap
07-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Is 1st person on the left David Lindley & is the & the 3rd person from the right Dan Fogelberg?

Yes :nod:

luvthelighthouse
07-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Eagles mentions in TV shows."

Last night I was watching Auction Hunters (a show where two guys go around buying storage units) The two guys are in a unit they just bought and one guy puts on a welding helmet of sorts. The other guy picks up an album (couldn't make out which one) takes it out of the jacket, hits the other guy on the head, breaking the album and says, "Sorry Don Henley, but you shoudn't have left the Eagles". It was kinda funny... even though he clearly doesn't know the Eagles are back together!

sodascouts
07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Aw, he busted a Don Henley record? What a barbarian. ;)

ETA: I like your idea of an "Eagles mentions on TV" thread. Modifying now.

luvthelighthouse
07-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks for making this thread! It was fun going back and reading all the mentions on tv!

Judy
07-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Jimmy Fallon does Twitter hashtags every Wednesday night. This week the subject was "so embarrassed". Some kid was embarrassed because his dad turned his baseball cap backwards and was blasting Eagles tunes when he dropped him off for school.

Oh, the horror!!!! :nahnah:

sodascouts
07-22-2011, 03:55 PM
lol! Sounds like a cool dad to me!

TimothyBFan
07-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Story of my kids lives right there and they never told me it was embarrassing to them. :thumbsup:

Annabel
07-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Lol. Doesn't it go with the territory. :shrug: Got kids ...... have to embarrass them. I have no problem with it. :hilarious:

whitcap
09-04-2011, 10:02 PM
There was a Hotel California reference at the beginning of the new True Blood.

sodascouts
09-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Cool! What did they say?

whitcap
09-04-2011, 10:56 PM
I can't remember the exact quote but it was something like "This is like the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave."

WalshFan88
10-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Don't know where else to put this. :)

Tonight on X Factor they did "Desperado".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHfUQM1TAoU

Maleah
10-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I forgot about that! I was all excited when they announced that they had gotten "Desperado." I wasn't so excited after hearing them sing it. lol

sodascouts
10-12-2011, 11:23 PM
That was... interesting. Paige's voice is too affected - and of course she messed up the melody and lyrics a bit. Not so hot. Leroy was definitely better - a "soul" version of Desperado. I don't know if this was deliberate or him messing up, but "sulking through this world alone" actually worked as a lyric. Was it deliberate that the "highs and lows" line was repeated or did Cari mess up too? It really threw off the song! Regardless, she and Dani (the girl before her) were good, but not great. And then of course there's Skyelor's complete BOTCH JOB of the end. WOW, he sucked.

luvthelighthouse
04-08-2012, 01:27 AM
I have not gone back and read this whole thread, so I do not know if it's been posted here. I am watching an old episode of Psych and Shawn always calls Gus some nickname. This epi he says, "and my VP, Longbranch Pennywhistle". I wasn't really watching the show, but I heard that, thought I heard it wrong and made my husband rewind the scene.

Talk Derby to Me, S3/07, incase anyone was wondering which episode it was.

sodascouts
04-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Wow! That's awesome!

Troubadour
04-08-2012, 01:45 PM
That's funny, ltl!

luvthelighthouse
04-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Tonight while watching iCarly, one character made the comment, "ever since he checked into the Hotel Carlyfornia". I think another character commented something like, "you didn't just go there". :laugh:

Yes, clearly I have the tv on at my house way too much!

Still, the Longbranch Pennywhistle was priceless and obscure!

TimothyBFan
04-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Wow-- That Longbranch Pennywhistle one really amazes me. Not many people outside Eagles fandom have a clue about that one!!

Prettymaid
04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
An old Seinfeld episode is on as I'm catching up here and it begins with a reference to Desperado, then Elaine and Jerry just mentioned Witchy Woman. Unfortunately I'm not paying attention to it otherwise so I have no idea why they're mentioning Eagles songs.

luvthelighthouse
04-09-2012, 11:19 PM
PM, it's because Elaine's boyfriend "relates" to Desperado and makes her be quiet every times it's on. She tries to make WW their song, it doesn't catch on. :hilarious:

Tonight, I was working out and had the tv on closed captioning, (at the gym)... anyway, I was watching Friends and it was the one where Ross' monkey swallows a scrabble tile. As Marcel wakes up in the hospital, the song New York Minute starts playing. I'm guessing it is the current Henley version, but since I was "reading" it and not listening, I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty confindent.

Hmmm... wonder what all this is telling me... three refernces this week alone! Guess I need to get back in touch with all things Eagles.

sodascouts
04-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Yes, it's a signal that you need to come back here! We've got another Survivor going on in the Henley forum, lol.

The audio and visual is a bit misaligned on this clip, but you can get the idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_kCR5yQpY0&noredirect=1

TimothyBFan
04-10-2012, 07:41 AM
I love this episode. Larry & I always laugh at this one because of the way they poke fun at it. Well, Larry more than I. :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
07-02-2012, 11:39 PM
The husband was watching Barter Kings, S1/E4 "Diamond in the Rough" ...
(It's a show about how people keep trading "up" to get things they want)

Some guy traded a Test Pressing of Hotel California with all the guys signatures on it, valued at $1500 for a diamond ring.

zeldabjr
07-03-2012, 12:58 AM

Some guy traded a Test Pressing of Hotel California with all the guys signatures on it, valued at $1500 for a diamond ring.

Omg...for real?...heck, no diamond ring could ever be worth trading in that "jewel"

TimothyBFan
07-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Is that really trading up? :headscratch::shrug:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Is that really trading up? :headscratch::shrug:

Not in my opinion!

Prettymaid
07-03-2012, 10:50 AM
He must have re-e-e-aly needed that diamond ring!

SallyGee
07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Only $1500? Doesn't that seem a little low?

sodascouts
07-03-2012, 12:14 PM
That guy got taken.

07-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah - How much was that diamond worth anyway? It'd have to be a real whopper for me to pass up on any valuable Eagles-related items.

TimothyBFan
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Watching Will & Grace this morning briefly and it was one of the episodes that Woody Harrelson played on. He was talking about Grace wanting to break up and said something to the effect that "when she started quoting lyrics from Desperado, she lost him. Something about her being out riding fences and she ain't gettin' any younger". Had to giggle!

GlennLover
07-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Watching Will & Grace this morning briefly and it was one of the episodes that Woody Harrelson played on. He was talking about Grace wanting to break up and said something to the effect that "when she started quoting lyrics from Desperado, she lost him. Something about her being out riding fences and she ain't gettin' any younger". Had to giggle!

:hilarious: Must have missed that episode!

zeldabjr
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
my sister just told me they mentioned Poco and were singing Keep on Tryin' in an episode of Bones...and of course she thought of me and had to call and tell me...

TimothyBFan
07-12-2012, 10:50 AM
my sister just told me they mentioned Poco and were singing Keep on Tryin' in an episode of Bones...and of course she thought of me and had to call and tell me...

Yup---that one was a couple seasons ago. Bones' Dad used to sing the song to her when she was a kid. They sang it a couple times during the show. My husband just rolled his eyes, like he always does, when I sang along. :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-24-2014, 04:01 AM
I'm watching the RiffTrax version of Night of the Living Dead - like Mystery Science Theater 3000, the RiffTrax guys make fun of the movie they're watching. In fact, it's done by the same people.

When the hoard of zombies (made up mostly of "reanimated" middle-aged white people) slowly moves through the house, arms outstretched, dead-eyed, and looking for still-living people to eat, a RiffTrax guy jokes that "It's the audience for an Eagles reunion tour." It's nothing personal, though, as in another segment they're referred to as "Jimmy Buffet fans." I think it's because they all move like they're stoned, lol.

05-24-2014, 01:15 PM
OMG! That's too funny. :hilarious:

buffyfan145
06-11-2016, 10:16 AM
Glad I searched to find the right thread for this as the Eagles song "Desperado" got mentioned last night on "Girl Meets World". The show is a spinoff of the 90s show I watched "Boy Meets World" and now about those characters' kids as teenagers. Last night one of the main male characters Lucas was talking about his favorite song and said it was the Eagles' "Desperado". This fits for multiple reasons since Lucas is originally from Texas and actually is a rodeo cowboy, but it also fits as he's in a love triangle with the show's two main female characters Riley and Maya. So now all the fans of both couples are trying to figure out which girl is "the queen of diamonds" and which one is "the queen of hearts". LOL :D I love when writers do that.

sodascouts
06-11-2016, 12:38 PM
I love that!

Years ago, this series of clips was brought up, but I think it's worth reviving: the episode of Seinfeld which revolves around "The Desperado Guy" who makes everyone shut up when the song comes on, even his girlfriend Elaine. She tries to replace it with "Witchy Woman" to no avail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZrCLF-sZag

shunlvswx
06-11-2016, 12:55 PM
I didn't know we had this thread.

I was watching Married With Children and in an episode called Guys and Dolls, they played the instrumental version of You Belong To The City. It comes on the last 10 minutes of the episode. They kinda do what Glenn is during in his video. Walking the streets of the city. I always try to watch that episode when it comes on tv. I think I saw it sometime this week.

Everytime this Guys and Doll come on, the CC always says Eagles IN The City.

This is the only video I found from that episode. The video is in french at the beginning and they don't show the second time when they return to the streets to find the doll. They probably deleted the other videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQouoBwoiA4

travlnman2
06-11-2016, 01:19 PM
When comedian John Oliver who is extremely funny but a lot of the time is extremely obnoxious about a certain canidate(does no focuses on the other because he is a protege of John Stewart) Anyway he was talking about Obamas plan to close gitmo he said "Now we turn to Guantanamo Bay The Hotel California of the American Prison system and much like that album is a stain on Americas legacy.)

buffyfan145
06-11-2016, 04:34 PM
I wasn't expecting them to use "Desperado" on "Girl Meets World" but I loved it and nice seeing the younger fans on Tumblr now listening to it and liking the song. :D Nice of the writers to help the teens find good music. LOL

My family are huge "Seinfeld" fans and that is one of my favorite episodes!!! :D We're always quoting it and finding something still daily relating to the show. It's part of why my family always jokes that I get like that guy whenever I hear "Take it to the Limit". LOL

I had no idea about "Married with Children" using Glenn's song!!! :D That is awesome.

06-12-2016, 03:57 PM
I have seen the 'Married With Children' video in English before, but never seen it French. Al Bundy speaking French sounds very weird to me. lol

sodascouts
06-16-2016, 08:47 PM
Thanks for finding that video, shun. French dubbing aside, it's cool to see how they used the song.

Eagles7
06-18-2016, 10:40 PM
The Seinfeld episode is great!

buffyfan145
07-25-2016, 10:01 AM
Cameron Crowe's show "Roadies" had an Eagles shoutout last night as Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino's characters Bill and Shelli were talking about how Gram Parsons brought about the rise of country music becoming what it is today and the reason Shelli's husband has a job working for Taylor Swift. Bill said without Gram getting popular country music would still be stuck in the traditional ways of the 50s and there would be no Eagles, Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, and Taylor Swift. I totally agree with this statement as I've been a country music fan my whole life too and while it's split into various subgenres now if it wasn't for the 70s country-rock artists we wouldn't have a lot of popular country artists in the 80s, 90s, 00s, and now.

shunlvswx
07-25-2016, 10:28 AM
I was watching one of those Treehouse of Horror episodes (Part XVI episode) on the Simpson and they started to play New Kid IN Town.

buffyfan145
08-02-2016, 10:22 AM
I finally got to watch the episodes of "Documentary Now!" where they parodied the "History of the Eagles" doc and it was hilarious!!!! LOL :rofl: I cracked up so much during it. I saw it was posted before on here last year but it's first season is now on Netflix and I had been meaning to check out the whole show for awhile as I love Bill Hader and this was their season finale and it was so great. Bill and Fred Armisen from "Saturday Night Live" star in the show as it parodies famous documentaries and the finale was about their fictional 70s country-rock band Blue Jean Committee. You can tell they are totally based off the Eagles and this "doc" mainly focuses on the two founding members Gene and Clark, both from Chicago but having a California sound.

Bill's Clark character was totally based off Glenn mostly and it freaked me out so much seeing the shorter hair wig Bill used for older Clark as it looked like how Glenn had his hair these past couple years. LOL But Clark also looked a bit like Timothy with the 70s long hair wig and as he was the bass player, but at times has Glenn's mustache. Clark's voice was based off of Randy & Timothy as they kept having people talk about how high Clark sang and how some thought it was a girl and how the girls loved the high notes at the concerts, but then it reminded me of Don because Clark's speaking voice was so much lower than his singing voice. Gene (Fred) was a mix of Don, Felder, and Bernie as he was the co-founder but then the falling out and some of his interview segments looked exactly like theirs.

Irving even played their manager but went by the name Alvin Izoff and they even used footage from the "HOTE" doc of him, Cameron Crowe was in it in playing himself and said he went on tour with them in 1974 and it was nuts. LOL :lol: They even had other real life musicians and music writers do interview segments, and some of the performances and photos looked exactly like the Eagles ones from the 70s.

They even had a similar feud that broke up the band, a scene where they were singing harmonies backstage at the beginning, I heard actual versions of Eagles songs as the background music, their song titles were so fitting especially "Catalina Breeze", and Clark had an experience seeing seagulls fly by that he felt told him they needed to have a California sound but turned out they were just pigeons. LOL :lol:

It was so funny but also really sad because of how it ended. I also just thought it was odd how Bill's played Lindsay Buckingham on "SNL" and now played a Glenn/Timothy/Randy mash up character as I love all five. And I'm really looking forward to their 2nd season which starts on IFC in September and what they parody next. :)

RudieCantFail
08-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Buffyfan145, your recap of that episode made me chuckle a bit. Thanks for sharing. I'll check it out soon.

I recorded an episode called, "What's Goin' On" from the CNN documentary series, The Seventies. I was hoping they would feature the Eagles more but nope. They mention the Troubadour and J.D. Souther is one of the interviewees as well as Mick Fleetwood when they talk about Fleetwood Mac. When referring to the Eagles, only Henley and Frey are mentioned and that's it. Nothing else is said and it's just their name drop. They featured Linda Ronstadt singing "Faithless Love" in a clip from back in the day. The show features clips of performances of "Rhiannon" and "Go Your Own Way."

I was disappointed in the lack of Eagles coverage but the doc was done in 2015. I don't blame them for not doing much because of the existence of HOTE.

NightMistBlue
08-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Gene (Fred) was a mix of Don, Felder, and Bernie as he was the co-founder but then the falling out and some of his interview segments looked exactly like theirs.

I also thought the Gene character had a bit of Randy in him, as "the nice guy who finishes last" archetype. Gene goes back to working in a sausage factory while Clark lives in opulent Malibu splendor.

The animal rights concert/fight scene was directly based on the Eagles' Long Beach show, and it was a hoot. It's all so exaggerated, one can't get offended.

UndertheWire
08-03-2016, 11:35 AM
I was disappointed in the music chapter of the CNN 70s. It seemed odd that a documentary about the US in the 70s should all but ignore the most successful american band of that decade. Perhaps they felt that Fleetwood Mac filled that spot.

I'm still looking for Documentary Now! Netflix only has it for the US.

buffyfan145
08-03-2016, 04:31 PM
You're welcome Redstorm. :D

NMB, I totally agree I didn't find it offensive either and it was so funny. Felt like an almost hour long "SNL" sketch. I didn't even realize that Randy connection with Gene. Plus, turns out the Blue Jean Committee originally was an "SNL" sketch and they "performed" on the show in 2011 (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-blue-jean-committee/n13287) but were from Massachusetts instead of Chicago like in the doc. Besides Fred, Jason Sudeikis was the drummer, Keenan Thompson the bass player before Bill, as Jason Segel who hosted was their keyboard player, and a random appearance of Paul Rudd, Bill, and the Muppets as fans. I also read an article about it too and turns out Fred's a huge Eagles fan but Bill not so much but he loves "HOTE". LOL :)

RudieCantFail
08-03-2016, 05:54 PM
https://youtu.be/U5R2pPqHbZg?t=3m35s (https://youtu.be/U5R2pPqHbZg?t=3m36s)

I remember this clip from Conan w/ Harrison Ford from 2013, and Andy refers to Glenn in a comment about Ford's picture with a mustache from some time ago. He says, "That's when he was Glenn Frey's food taster." The link is already set to the pertaining part at 3:35.

I was really into Ford's films two years ago, so I knew about this clip. I didn't get the joke back then until I saw pictures of Glenn from the 1970s and photos from Let's Get Harry.

travlnman2
08-03-2016, 05:55 PM
You're welcome Redstorm. :D

NMB, I totally agree I didn't find it offensive either and it was so funny. Felt like an almost hour long "SNL" sketch. I didn't even realize that Randy connection with Gene. Plus, turns out the Blue Jean Committee originally was an "SNL" sketch and they "performed" on the show in 2011 (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-blue-jean-committee/n13287) but were from Massachusetts instead of Chicago like in the doc. Besides Fred, Jason Sudeikis was the drummer, Keenan Thompson the bass player before Bill, as Jason Segel who hosted was their keyboard player, and a random appearance of Paul Rudd, Bill, and the Muppets as fans. I also read an article about it too and turns out Fred's a huge Eagles fan but Bill not so much but he loves "HOTE". LOL :)
Fred wore a leather jacket in the ''doc' just like Felder and did you notice the bear thing lol.

Bill is so blatantly Glenn.

buffyfan145
08-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Fred wore a leather jacket in the ''doc' just like Felder and did you notice the bear thing lol.

Bill is so blatantly Glenn.

That stood out to me so much too and the way Fred was sitting. But also I think Bernie was interviewed in a restaurant so it reminded me of his segments too.

Bill is totally Glenn, but has Randy/Timothy's high voice. It really was spooky seeing Bill as the older Clark as he looked so much like older Glenn. I also saw in this interview (http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/news/a40232/bill-hader-fred-armisen-blue-jean-committee/) where Fred & Bill were talking about how they came up with the Blue Jean Committee and this episode and Bill said even though he not an Eagles fan like Fred is he admired how Glenn was able to go out and do what he wanted to do based off Glenn's story in "HOTE" and going to that Beatles concert. But he did say too he based Clark off of Don too and the part about how it's lonely & windy on the top and seeing Clark's house.

NightMistBlue
08-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Bill's character is super aggressive though (he even beats up Irving Azoff) and that was the only part of the mockumentary that could potentially rub some fans the wrong way - that the Glenn-ish one is kind of a thug.

travlnman2
08-04-2016, 10:30 AM
"And then another musician would join the band, and these two would immediately have a problem with him."

We all know who that is.:twisted::rofl:

NightMistBlue
08-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Well, it's just these two actors and their impressions of what the Eagles were like as people. And they don't really know all that much about the guys, only what they learned from watching HOTE.

Hader: These very soft rock songs written by real alpha males: "IF YOU DON'T HIT THE HIGH NOTE ON 'TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT,' YOUR HEAD IS GOING THROUGH THE FUCKING WALL!!!" It's so weird to me. It's less about writing songs than it is about running a business. Meanwhile, these two guys just had this ability to write all these hits about "easy feelings."

P.S. Thank you, Buffy for the link to the Esquire interview; that's where I swiped the quote above.

MaryCalifornia
08-04-2016, 12:24 PM
I saw the Blue Jean Committee show last year, they just put so much effort into it! Bill Hader is my favorite. I have always cracked up at his Lindsey Buckingham on SNL - it's just so random - why doesn't he ever get to speak? My husband and I would be thrilled when "What's Up With That" came on and we saw him sitting there. I guess its a subtle humor. Why Lindsey Buckingham? Who knows?

By far my favorite Hader character is Stefon from Weekend Update.:rofl:

NightMistBlue
08-04-2016, 01:52 PM
I agree, Mary - love the random silliness of the silent Lindsey character. It's the same kind of humor in SNL's "Barry Gibb Talk Show," where Barry (sweet and unfailingly polite in real life) is a thin-skinned political host with an explosive temper. Wha?!

buffyfan145
08-04-2016, 04:34 PM
You're welcome NMB!!! :D I loved getting more of the background info on how they created this.

I totally agree Mary. I love Bill from "SNL" and have followed him since. Stefon was the best and I would be laughing so hard I could hardly breathe during those sketches. LOL :rofl: His Lindsey was great and I still don't get why but it was great. LOL Seen him too in a couple films like "Trainwrek" and he recurs as Mindy Kaling's ex-fiancé on "The Mindy Project". I've watched the other "Documentary Now" sketches and they're great too. Plus, he's got a lookalike teen actor on the new Netflix show "Stranger Things" that he swears isn't his kid. LOL :lol:

RudieCantFail
08-06-2016, 08:32 PM
The 2 episodes of Documentary Now! on the Blue Jean Committee will air on IFC on Sunday, August 14 at 7:15 and 7:45 am on the west coast. I have Dish, so I don't know how the times work in your respective areas. They're also showing the 1st 5 episodes before the Blue Jean Committee episodes.

buffyfan145
08-08-2016, 10:34 AM
I think "Roadies" had another shoutout to Glenn last night as during a scene the characters Bill, Phil, and Reg went to a fan's house as he had stolen some things from the tour and ended up finding this fan had so much memorabilia that it was like a museum. At one point Bill (Luke Wilson) finds a picture of himself from what they used to call the "Suit & Tie" tour and Bill said he wore a suit and tie everyday for 9 months. In the picture he was wearing a white suit and had shades with him and it reminded me of Glenn's 80s tour and how he was wearing a suit and tie for it too.

I don't know if that was intentional but knowing Cameron Crowe it probably was.

buffyfan145
08-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Cameron Crowe did a great tribute episode to Lynyrd Skynyrd last night on his show "Roadies" but turns out he based some of the flashback scenes off the Eagles too. First he used the story about Irving and the drugs at the airport but changed it to the Phil character and Skynyrd. Then he also wrote the friendship between Phil and Ronnie very similar to Russell and William's in "Almost Famous", which we know was based of Glenn and Cameron's. Then when Phil talked about Ronnie's death and losing his friend/mentor I couldn't help but think Cameron was talking about losing Glenn through the writing too and I started crying. :cry: I wrote more about the episode in the Skynyrd thread but it was so well done.

VillageGirl
08-21-2016, 04:05 PM
OMG, I loved those Blue Jean Committee skits on Netflix! I was hoping there would be some discussion on here!

I loved the way they kind of made a hybrid of all the Eagles into the 2 characters. Like Clark was a kind of Glondy if you will(on!y Randyish because of the high voice).

I can't wait to check out the Bill Hader video. Thank you to whomever posted it!

Sausage school in Chicago and Catalina Breeze wine coolers. Priceless!

VillageGirl
08-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Just read the article and saw the video. Even funnier than I remembered. Forgot to add Clark's porstache to the list :twisted:

buffyfan145
09-09-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm finally watching "Gilmore Girls" on Netflix and I got to their Christmas episode of season 2 and there was an Eagles reference!!! :D Lauren Graham's character Lorelai was having the residents of their small town over to stay at her inn to have a fancy medieval style dinner and Christmas themed events. Well turns out a lot of the townspeople got drunk and performed "Hotel California" in it's entirety with medieval instruments, spoons, and a harp!!! LOL :lol: They didn't actually show it (my guess rights issue) but kept talking about it the next morning. This show has been known for it's pop culture references so I had a feeling one was coming. I still got 5 and 1/2 seasons left and the revival so there could be more.

Also love that they performed "Hotel California" in an actual hotel. LOL

Jonny Come Lately
09-10-2016, 06:15 AM
Nice one! I've actually heard Hotel California being played live in a hotel in real life, albeit not quite such a unique take on the song - it was played by a guitarist rather than with medieval instruments! I posted the story somewhere on here (I think it's in the 'Hearing Eagles songs unexpectedly' thread - just checked now, here it is: https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=302453&highlight=hotel#post302453).

buffyfan145
09-19-2016, 10:13 AM
In case anyone didn't see in Glenn's forum the Emmys included Glenn in their In Memoriam segment with the other actors, athletes, musicians, reporters, and others in the TV industry that have passed away this year. It was a lovely segment with Tori Kelly performing a cover of "Hallelujah" and the picture of Glenn shown was from the "Farewell" 1 concert. There's a link for the video in the other threads.

shunlvswx
09-19-2016, 10:41 AM
I was watching Married With Children this morning. The Bundy were going to go on a road trip and Peggy said "You got a new 8-track of "Hotel California"? We can crank it as we're towed down the freeway?"

I've been watching Married With Children in the morning for years and I didn't know they had another reference to the Eagles. The first time was in Guys and Dolls episode when Steve and Al were working the street looking for a doll and You Belong To The City is playing.

buffyfan145
09-27-2016, 10:43 AM
My brother is currently watching Dan Patrick's tv/radio show and he and his producers talked about Glenn again and his time showing up on the show. :D The producers even said Glenn was so nice to them after his interview and said Glenn couldn't wait to come back again and talk more sports. So nice to see how much Dan and his producers loved Glenn.

shunlvswx
09-27-2016, 11:33 AM
I'm starting to think the creators and writers of Married With Children like the Eagles. Bud something about Witchy Woman and made me think of the guys. That's three times. You Belong To The city playing in the background as Al and Steve walk the streets of Chicago looking for a doll, Peggy bringing up Hotel California and now Bud with Witchy Woman. I don't know how I missed this all these years. lol

buffyfan145
09-28-2016, 05:05 PM
I think there might have been a couple slight Eagles references in "Gilmore Girls" in season 4 now (which is where I'm at in my binge watch). I posted earlier about the "Hotel California" one in season 2, but the first possible one was with Rory's best friend Lane and her band trying to find a new guitarist as their old one Dave (who was also Lane's boyfriend) went to college in California (in real life the actor Adam Brody joined the cast of "The OC" at the time so it was a wink to that.) Their lead singer/guitarist Zack didn't think musicians could go to college and still be rock stars but then Lane, Rory, and Brian (the bass player) started naming off all these musicians that were college grads or went to college. Zack ends up getting mad he was proven wrong and talks about when people move to California they never come back, which made me think of Glenn, Don, and the others moving there.

Plus, I know Lane and Zack actually end up getting married as the show goes on so reminds me of the comment Glenn said about his relationship with Don was like a marriage as Lane is a drummer too. LOL

The 2nd possible reference is the show's characters tend to be named after famous musicians and music plays a huge part of the show as they have a town troubadour and each character has their own musical favorites we find out as the show goes on. There's characters named Jackson, Taylor, someone had the last name Springsteen, Carol King herself plays the town's music shop owner and does the show's theme song, and Rory's first boyfriend Dean was named after James Dean. Now there's a boy Rory goes to college with named Glenn and he hates all his classes and hangs around with a group of three other boys. LOL

Still got 3 1/2 seasons to go and the revival in November so there might be more. :)

buffyfan145
10-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Update on the Glenn character in "Gilmore Girls" as his full name is Glenn Babble (made me laugh when I found that out) and I like his character. He works at the paper with Rory at their college Yale and he lives on the boys floor in her dorm. He provides some comical scenes and actually drove the Rory and her roommates to Florida for spring break reminding me slightly of Glenn's road trip to California. Rory even said to her mother not to worry as "Glenn's a respectable guy", and it turned out they had to be more worried about what happened to him. LOL This Glenn's best friend is Marty (who was also a slight love interest for Rory) who has curly hair that reminds me of Don. I'm almost done with season 4 and know he's in a bit of season 5 too. Really love this show and loving all the musical references including characters names.

sodascouts
10-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Might have to check that out!

DivineDon
10-05-2016, 12:10 PM
For those on this side of the Atlantic.... the dance competition Strictly Come Dancing has a movie theme this Saturday night. Tameka and Gorka will be dancing to The Heat is On!! :)

buffyfan145
10-06-2016, 04:27 PM
I also posted this in the Famous Eagles fans thread but found out that the University of Alabama's football coach Nick Saban is an Eagles fan as he was on Dan Patrick's radio/tv show this morning!!! :D During his interview Nick told of when he worked for the Cleveland Browns with Bill Belichick (the current coach of the NFL team New England Patriots) in the 90s and they both used to skip meetings to go to concerts including the Eagles, Joe Walsh, and Ringo Starr, and they are both huge fans of all. There's some articles popping up online about it too.

RudieCantFail
10-14-2016, 04:00 AM
The Goldbergs used The Heart of the Matter on Wednesday night's episode called "Crazy Calls." It was used towards the last part of the show, and it was playing in the background as Jeff Garlin's character was seeking forgiveness from his dad and there are couple more scenes of forgiveness right after that. Other than the theme of forgiveness, the song also fit in another way, since Garlin and his dad were sending mean messages to each other through their answering machines.

shunlvswx
10-17-2016, 09:58 PM
HC HFO version was played on Dancing With The Stars tonight. The couple danced the Argentine Tango to HC. And it was Eagles version playing and not the house band playing or singing it. It was cool to hear HC on DWTS. It didn't hit me that it was Hotel California playing until that famous intro played.

I remember if they ever played an Eagles song on the show, but I think this is the first time. One season they were going to dance to Best of My Love, but that the couple never heard of that song.

RudieCantFail
10-18-2016, 12:47 AM
Thanks, Shun, for the heads up! It's my mom's favorite show, so thankfully, there would be no way I'd be missing that.

buffyfan145
10-18-2016, 10:31 AM
That's awesome DWTS did that!!! :D I haven't watched it in years but I don't remember the early seasons using an Eagles song or their solo songs before either. I also know the UK version "Strictly Come Dancing" used Glenn's "The Heat is On" a couple weeks ago.

UndertheWire
10-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately the Strictly Heat is On was a cover. To me it sounds lacking in energy. I need to play Glenn to cleanse my brain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d0P-4p8yzA

buffyfan145
10-27-2016, 04:26 PM
My brother and I finally watched a documentary Will Ferrell did last year for HBO that we DVRd when he played for 10 MLB baseball teams during Spring Training and at one point during Will heading between games they played "Life in the Fast Lane"!!! :D During the credits there was special thanks to the Eagles, Don, and Glenn as well.

Also, another thing on "Gilmore Girls" happened that seemed familiar as I'm midway through season 6 and Lane's band broke up after they got into a fight on stage, and she and lead singer/guitarist Zach broke up. Though I know they'll eventually get back together as a band and Lane marries and has kids with Zach so I know it's not for long. LOL Also loving Sebastian Bach as their band's lead guitarist.

buffyfan145
11-18-2016, 11:12 AM
"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" had a shoutout last night as they time traveled back to the Old West. The show features various DC Comics superheroes and characters and their first episode in the time period last season reminded me of the "Desperado" album. Last night Brandon Routh's character Ray Palmer/The Atom was talking to Nick Zano's character Nate Haywood/Citizen Steel about their first time in the Old West and how Ray pretend to be a sheriff and caught a real Desperado. Nate excitedly says "Like the song!" as he's so excited to explore this time period (he started out as a history researcher before he got powers). They're such nerdy characters it was so funny and cute. :D

Later Sara Lance/White Canary, who is in charge of the group now, has Ray, Nate, and Jefferson Jackson/Firestorm instead of playing cowboys pretend to be IRS agents to stop the Trunbull gang and get info on what they're hiding. Nate's sad and says "But I wanted to be a Desperado." LOL Later Nate, Ray, and Jefferson do get to play cowboys again and end up saving the day and helping Jonah Hex to stop Trunbull.

Meanwhile Mick Rory/Heatwave is pretending to befriend Trunbull and keeps winning at the card games. Amaya/Vixen confronts him and Mick reveals he's been cheating so he always wins. LOL

On a side note Brandon Routh reminds me of Jackson Browne and he's the one I've been fancasting as Jackson in an Eagles biopic. This episode also aired right after one set in 1987 and paid homage to "Miami Vice" which Glenn wrote songs for and guest starred.

buffyfan145
01-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Just found out the Eagles music was used or mentioned last night during the season finale of NBC's "The Good Place". I don't watch the show but the recaps showed up in a Google Alert I have for Glenn. The show focuses on another Royal Oak native Kristen Bell whose character is living in some version of heaven or The Good Place. Last night's season finale was a 2 episode one and the Eagles music and references was in episode 12 or the first half of the finale. From what I read it focused another character named Mindy who is actually in The Middle Place, the place between heaven & hell, and she's stuck in the 80s and the only music she can listen to is the Eagles (which she loves) and William Shatner's covers (which she doesn't LOL). I'll have to see if I can watch it on the app or their site as I want to know if they actually used the songs or just mentioned them.

sodascouts
01-21-2017, 10:42 PM
That sounds really interesting!

buffyfan145
01-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Watched the episode of "The Good Place" and it was just spoken about so no actual songs played. But the show is created by one of the former writers for "The Office" and "Parks & Rec", so pretty sure he's an Eagles fan as they had that Eagles ice cream story. :)

Also an update on the "Girl Meets World" reference as the character Lucas who said his favorite song was "Desperado" is not only from Texas like Don but his last name is Friar. LOL

PJ
01-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Just saw that on Sunday, January 29 at 1:00pm the Eagles will be the focus on Rock Legends on AXS TV.

buffyfan145
02-04-2017, 06:07 PM
We just had the TV on golf in the background and the announcer on CBS whispered like they do when they're announcing as the golfer is getting ready to hit the ball "'They stab it with their Steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.' as said by the Eagles in Hotel California." :D Have no idea what was the golfer was doing besides putting but it was so unexpected that my Mom and I just looked at each other wondering if we actually heard that right. LOL :lol:

buffyfan145
07-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Disney's "Guardians of the Galaxy" animated TV show had an episode of it's 2nd season titled "Lyin' Eyes". :D Each episode is titled after music from the 70s and 80s fitting how in the comics and movies the Peter Quill character has mix tapes his mom made him of her favorite music before she died. I posted before how the first season actually played Joe's song "Rocky Mountain Way" and the James Gang's "Funk 49". Season 2 is still airing and they just got renewed for a 3rd so there might be more coming.

Shadowland07
10-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Joe Walsh and the Eagles are mentioned in episode 3 of Big Mouth on Netflix. Quite funny.

NightMistBlue
10-03-2017, 10:56 AM
We just had the TV on golf in the background and the announcer on CBS whispered like they do when they're announcing as the golfer is getting ready to hit the ball "'They stab it with their Steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.' as said by the Eagles in Hotel California." :D Have no idea what was the golfer was doing besides putting but it was so unexpected that my Mom and I just looked at each other wondering if we actually heard that right. LOL :lol:

That's so cool!

buffyfan145
10-20-2017, 04:52 PM
I know it's not a TV series but I didn't see where else to post this since the Eagles got a shout out in the movie "Baby Driver". I just watched it today (really liked it too) and came out earlier this year. The moment is Kevin Spacey is having a meeting between his group of robbers (the movie focuses on Ansel Elgerholt's getaway driver) and Jamie Foxx's character is fascinated by Ansel's character always having to listen to music to cover the constant ringing he has in his ears. Kevin, Jon Hamm, and Eliza Gonzales' characters are all fine with this as it doesn't affect his driving. However Jamie think it's a bad sign as another guy he used to work with in his crew would hear certain songs and claimed they were bad omens that meant a death was coming. One of them was "Hotel California" and this comes into play later. LOL

Delilah
10-22-2017, 02:43 PM
The Eagles are the subject of the “Rock Legends” segment airing now on AXS-TV. Nothing new being revealed but it’s still cool to see the old photos and hear familiar history.

buffyfan145
11-05-2017, 11:42 AM
The show "Stranger Things" teamed up with Spotify and created playlists for each character and their favorite music. Have seen Eagles songs as well as solo songs from Don and Joe show up. Haven't checked them all yet, as there's about 15, but haven't seen any of Glenn's or the others' solo songs pop up yet. But did also notice there is a storyline connected with 2 of the teen characters Steve, who was the popular boy and called the king of the high school, and the new kid in town Billy who is out to humiliate Steve and take his place.

sodascouts
11-05-2017, 07:43 PM
What a cool idea! Glad a couple of the characters have such good taste. ;)

YoungEaglesFan
11-05-2017, 11:52 PM
They played Smugglers blues on the Sunday night football game. It featured the raiders and the dolphins. A throwback to the Glenn Miami vice epsiode

Annoying Twit
11-06-2017, 08:43 AM
The Good Place mentions Eagles, but it wasn't complimentary.

YoungEaglesFan
11-26-2017, 11:17 PM
NBC played the Long Run when talking about original football franchises on tonight’s football game

Dawn
01-24-2018, 10:56 PM
This is most likely posted somewhere but I wasn't able to locate proper thread.

For those like me who might have missed it ...

Documentary Now! is an American mockumentary television series on IFC, created by Saturday Night Live alumni Fred Armisen, Bill Hader, Seth Meyers, and director Rhys Thomas, with Armisen and Hader starring in the series and Thomas co-directing. The series spoofs celebrated documentary films by parodying the style of each documentary with a similar, but fictitious, subject.

Season 1 Episode 6 Gentle & Soft: The Story of The Blue Jean Committee Part 1

Subject Parodied: History of the Eagles Documentary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vRfOqQH49RI

Season 1 Episode 7 Gentle & Soft: The Story of the Blue Jean Committee Part 2

Subject parodied: History of the Eagles Documentary

Special appearances Irving Azoff, Cameron Crowe, Darryl Hall and others

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HRGcXq5adY

UndertheWire
01-25-2018, 10:15 AM
Thank you for links. Although I'd read about this mockumentary, this is the first time I'm able to watch it because of region blocking. I look forward to seeing it later.

East Texas Girl
01-25-2018, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the links, Dawn, I'll have to check it out!

NightMistBlue
01-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Thank you for links. Although I'd read about this mockumentary, this is the first time I'm able to watch it because of region blocking. I look forward to seeing it later.

Long time no see, UTW! You were missed. By me, anyway :)

OT/general cry for help: is there something I can do to stay logged in on this site? The last couple of weeks, I have to sign in every time I want to post a comment. I don't know what happened...

01-28-2018, 06:09 PM
Long time no see, UTW! You were missed. By me, anyway :)

OT/general cry for help: is there something I can do to stay logged in on this site? The last couple of weeks, I have to sign in every time I want to post a comment. I don't know what happened...

NMB - Did you get your log in problem resolved? I have no idea why this is happening. The only thing I can possibly think of is to make sure you have the 'Remember Me' box checked when you log in.

And thanks to those of you who posted the Documentary Now links. I remember wanting to watch them some time ago, but then I totally forgot about it. So I appreciate your reminder, Dawn and actually got around to watching these today. They are hilarious! I literally burst out laughing when they talked about writing six number one hits in 72 hours. And OMG, could the music be any more awful! This is a must see if you haven't gotten around to watching it.

RushFanForever
09-19-2022, 11:51 AM
The Letterman YouTube channel has been posting archival footage from past episodes.

Fan Request: How Much Will It Cost Dave To Play Eagles Music? | Letterman

(From "Late Show," air date: 9/12/14)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orgARa3sC_8

09-20-2022, 03:27 PM
That cracks me up every time I watch it.