PDA

View Full Version : Post-Eagles Withdrawal

StephUK
11-11-2010, 06:53 PM
HELP! :sad::help: I've got PEW:cry: (and PWW:weep:)

What do other suffering Borderers do to relieve the symptoms?

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Ooooh Steph! I know the feeling. Ok what I do is just immerse myself in all my Eagles stuff, ie music, pics, dvd's etc. I also come on the Border to see if anyone else is feeling the same way. The longer you can prolong the events the later the PEW (or PGW in my case) hits. BUT it also hits harder.
It tends to be relieved somewhat when the boys announce new dates!

Freypower
11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Wait six years. :nervous: :rolleyes: :twisted:

sodascouts
11-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I just keep busy talking about the guys on here!

jdubfan
11-11-2010, 11:39 PM
I talk to friends, family, anyone within earshot that I can keep up with and tell them about the show until their eyes glaze over and they start to avoid me. then I come here and bore everyone to death.
I was wondering, how long can I PEW until I'm considered OCD and have to admit myself to a (eagles) nut farm? :-(

Koala
11-12-2010, 02:32 AM
I know this feeling too!

The only thing that helps me is to see Eagles DVD's, hearing the CD's and look all the great pics from the guys and to be here on the Border because you all knows exactly what I feel!

TimothyBFan
11-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Is it possible to have PEW even tho you didn't actually see them this leg of the tour? I get it just from the lack of all the great reviews and pictures from everyone else who post them here after going!! :-(

Brooke
11-12-2010, 10:31 AM
I think it is, TBF. I love reading all the reviews and then feel sorry for myself cause I didn't get to go. Watching the dvds and listening to their music helps me, too.

AzEaglesFan
11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Yep, I get it too. I pour over the internet looking for new pictures, vidios and anything else that has anything Eagle related in it.

AmarilloByMorning
11-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I seek solace in the comfort of you fine people, build an Eagles playlist on my iPod, and stalk youtube for videos before the bloodthirsty attorneys manage to suck the fun out of life. Putting an Eagles image on the phone or desktop assists as well. Making Eagles icons, if you're CAD-inclined. And if those do not supply sufficient comfort... pouting always helps. :) It's almost like a breakup - from the high of "SCORRRRRRRE!" to :worried: the moment the lights rise after the encore.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Yep - I think PEW can strike at anytime, no matter how many times or how long it's been since you've been to a show. Of course, there is no known cure. Even seeing another show will not prevent it from attacking you. However, you all have listed most of the known remedies used to treat the symptoms. I guess things could be worse, but it seems as if we're all just plagued for life. :wink: :nod:

Troubadour
11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm feeling it too, and, due to it's apparent lack of relevance to whether we've seen a show or not, I'd say we're all afflicted by something different and far more chronic...

we're all frickin' LOVESICK!!!

GlennLover
11-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Yep - I think PEW can strike at anytime, no matter how many times or how long it's been since you've been to a show. Of course, there is no known cure. Even seeing another show will not prevent it from attacking you. However, you all have listed most of the known remedies used to treat the symptoms. I guess things could be worse, but it seems as if we're all just plagued for life. :wink: :nod:

Even if there is no know cure, at least the treatment is enjoyable! :inlove:

Troub, aren't we hopeless, LOL!

Troubadour
12-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I have it. Bad.

My Scottish friend who is out in Australia at the moment told me on FB today that the Eagles were playing where she works (in Melbourne) the other night. I didn't realise she was working at a concert venue... Why wasn't I there?! I'm trying not to think fantastical thoughts about how she might have been able to sneak me in to some kind of restricted area, but... sigh!

She's been talking about how great it would be to have me visit for ages. Not that I have the money right now... Think I'll have another listen to the live version of Take It To The Limit and sob into my cup of tea. :-( ;)

Prettymaid
12-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Oh Troub, I feel your pain! To have a friend working an Eagles concert and not be able to be there (or not make plans to be there in time) really must suck. But honestly, I have a feeling that you will see them again - they're not done with us yet!

In the meantime do what I'm doing. Watch videos and dvds and play the heck out of your mp3. I just downloaded the Indianapolis youtube video of Take It Easy and I'm in heaven reliving that show!

12-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah Troub - I can't imagine how you must feel - so close, yet so far away!

Now me - I just feel far away! :hilarious:

Koala
12-17-2010, 02:30 AM
Oh Troub, this must be hard!
Hope after listening Take It To The Limit and a cup tea, you feel better now!:)

EaglesKiwi
01-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Oh so THAT is what I'm feeling!! :doh:

I've been desperately trying to prolong the high since 21st Dec (Melbourne)... have bought 3 CD's (a live one, the Very Best Of and LROOE), hung out on YouTube and was so fortunate to find this site and people who don't think I'm obsessing... much...:grouphug:

My other favourite is daydreaming about a new DVD from the current tour, and what "extra features" I would like on it - my imagination can go into overdrive woohoo! :laugh: Is it worth starting a new thread on what we'd like to see on a new DVD? :shy:

Annabel
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
:shock: I've got this too. My kids and my DH think I am obsessed with the eagles (and Don Henley). :headscratch: Okay so I am ........ and I can admit it. :laugh:

I have just spent 1 hour and 40 mins delivering papers with my DD and the whole way round my i-pod had Don and Eagles music filling my ears. :grooving: Makes me happy though. :thumbsup: Other than that I am always checking out for new pics and info online, and listening to their music by cd, i-tunes or a dvd. It's what led me here too. Now I can share my obsession with like minded people. :D:yay::nod:

sodascouts
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM
You're among like-minded people, that's for sure!

Is it worth starting a new thread on what we'd like to see on a new DVD? :shy:

Sounds good to me. Feel free to do so!

01-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Well, it looks like both you are definitely on the right track in helping to ease your PEW. Coming here to obsess and share your symptoms with other Eagles fans really helps a lot. :wink:

And Kiwi, love your idea about starting a new thread about a new DVD. I bet us Borderers could think of some really interesting stuff to add. Go for it! :partytime:

Mrs Frey
01-18-2011, 07:21 AM
I talk to friends, family, anyone within earshot that I can keep up with and tell them about the show until their eyes glaze over and they start to avoid me. then I come here and bore everyone to death.
I was wondering, how long can I PEW until I'm considered OCD and have to admit myself to a (eagles) nut farm? :-(

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have been catching up with this thread now and my colleagues probably think I'm silly as the tears have filled my eyes with laughter!

I have enjoyed each and every post, but jdubfan, yours had me in stitches and hitting my desk. :hilarious:

Let me think, how did I handle PEW (and PGW) after the Eagles concert I attended in March 2008 (:shock: - almost 3 years ago now!!!)? I watched DVDs, played CDs, looked at photos, went onto The Border every possible free moment I had, fantasised about Glenn :heart:... :blush: (oops, I didn't say that! :wink:)... the "coming back down to earth" after that experience was pretty awful, I can tell you. :brickwall:

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Oh I remember it well MF! It was the first time I'd ever experienced PEW and it hit like a bang. Of course I indulged in the well tried and trusted remedies too. But, hey, it took a LONG while!

01-27-2011, 12:00 PM
First of all - welcome back, MF. I have been in absentia myself for a couple of weeks, but we've missed ya and it's good to hear from you. I think many of us here can relate to your PEW/PGW - I know I've had some pretty severe bouts of it myself. Overindulgence in all things Eagles seems to be the best remedy. :thumbsup:

GlennLover
01-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Welcome back, Dreamer! I've missed you!

StephUK
01-27-2011, 06:46 PM
I've got PEW too. Waiting & praying for them to announce some UK shows soon. Surely it must be time they returned to London - last shows were at the O2 in March/April 2008. Fingers crossed.
(as well as suffering PEW, I need to see Will again!!):nod:

Prettymaid
01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
I've missed you too Dreamer! :wave:

Let's see...PEW...for me, it helps when I read or hear what the guys are up to. The recent interviews are great, and we know we can expect Joe's album out this spring. Something to look forward to!

cjhill
01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
I've got PEW too. Waiting & praying for them to announce some UK shows soon. Surely it must be time they returned to London - last shows were at the O2 in March/April 2008. Fingers crossed.
(as well as suffering PEW, I need to see Will again!!):nod:

Oh i hope so!
Have only recently become a big fan of the Eagles, loved their music for years though. Since watching the Melbourne 04 DVD i was hooked.

After having a glance at the 02 website there is a nice vacant slot there between 1st-15th July......could it be?
How much were tickets last time they were in the UK? I have heard they were very expensive (£100+)?
Wish there was some way we could find out if they were coming over here.

Annabel
01-28-2011, 04:04 AM
Hmmm, 3rd of July would do me nicely then DD1 and I can stay up in London overnight and be on hand for the Take That concert for her on July 4th :shrug: :laugh: Just wish they would hurry up and make that announcement. :sigh:

Prettymaid
01-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Oh i hope so!
Have only recently become a big fan of the Eagles, loved their music for years though. Since watching the Melbourne 04 DVD i was hooked.

After having a glance at the 02 website there is a nice vacant slot there between 1st-15th July......could it be?
How much were tickets last time they were in the UK? I have heard they were very expensive (£100+)?
Wish there was some way we could find out if they were coming over here.

Welcome cj and yes - start saving your bucks!

01-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Aww - that's very sweet, GL and PM. It's good to be back here.

And just my two cents, but it would be shocking if the band doesn't schedule some dates in London. I can't imagine them playing Europe without coming to the U.K. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

cjhill
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
hmm, hopefully we will get some more date announcements very soon. 18th Jan was the last one...
Surely its not just Germany, Austria and Scandinavia. Come on Eagles!!!! Come to LONDON!!! Some O2 dates in June/July would be perfect!8)