PDA

View Full Version : 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

GlennLover
11-15-2010, 12:15 AM
According to the info posted on this site: http://www.udo.co.jp/Artist/Eagles/index.html, the Eagles have booked 4 concerts in Japan in March. I don't see anything on their official site yet & I don't know how accurate this site is, but I'll be watching more closely for more news. FYI, the site is in Japanese & we all know what Google translations are like, LOL. It's advertised here as the 40th Anniversary Tour! Fingers crossed.

Freypower
11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
I hope it's true. They haven't been to Asia since 2004. If they are going to do a 40th Anniversary tour perhaps they MIGHT get back here one last time.

sodascouts
11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
ooh!!! I sure hope it's true! Keep on truckin', guys!

GlennLover
11-15-2010, 01:05 AM
The 40th is soooo close surely they will so something special in 2011! A new DVD would be very nice (not to mention more concerts)! :pray:

Koala
11-15-2010, 02:28 AM
A 40TH anniversary Tour would be very great! However, I do not think they would get it back to Europe, because they were last year here!
But I hope very much, for you all, it gives a huge ANNIVERSARY Tour in America!

WalshFan88
11-15-2010, 02:57 AM
That would be VERY awesome if they toured and put out a DVD!

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2010, 07:43 AM
It would indeed! I too would love to see them once more again.

TimothyBFan
11-15-2010, 09:06 AM
It's a glimmer of hope!!! I still think (maybe it's just wishful thinking) there will eventually be a dvd. And this is just my thought on this BUT I'm thinking possibly a double LROOE dvd....disc 1) suits and disc 2) sexy, hot, etc. casual wear. Since they did change up the setlist a couple of times, it could probably be pulled off.

Brooke
11-15-2010, 10:54 AM
I wish, I wish, I wish! Sounds fabulous to me!

luvthelighthouse
11-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I know it's a lot to want an Anthology... but if ever there were a time... 40 years would be it!

Congrats to the guys for still selling out shows and pleasing the masses for four decades! :thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
11-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Congrats to the guys for still selling out shows and pleasing the masses for four decades! :thumbsup:

Kinda puts it all in perspective, doesn't it? Whenever someone wonders what's so special about the Eagles, there is your answer. They are in a very elite group that very few other bands have ever been able to achieve. Most bands can only dream about having just a small piece of the success of the Eagles. So for all those really cool people out there that hate the &%*@# Eagles, I'm just saying ... :partytime:

WalshFan88
11-15-2010, 05:14 PM
They are touring in Japan in March according to joewalsh.com

The dates are listed at the bottom of the page.

http://www.joewalsh.com/tour.php

Freypower
11-15-2010, 06:42 PM
It's interesting that those dates are there but there isn't a full list of the Australian dates.

StephUK
11-15-2010, 07:19 PM
A 40TH anniversary Tour would be very great! However, I do not think they would get it back to Europe, because they were last year here!
But I hope very much, for you all, it gives a huge ANNIVERSARY Tour in America!

I'm hoping they might do some 40th Anniversary shows in the UK, maybe just some at the O2 London, as they haven't done London since March/April 2008 when the LROOE tour began - and they did sell out 6 nights at the O2 so we certainly made it worth their while coming over!!

If they are going on the road for about 5 months during 2011 as Glenn said recently, then I can't imagine it will be just Japan & USA, especially as they've toured the US a lot this during 2009 & 2010, and been to some US cities twice e.g. they did Dallas & Houston twice each.

Guess we'll have to wait & see.

EAGLES, PLEASE COME BACK TO THE UK.

tequila girl
11-16-2010, 05:38 AM
EAGLES, PLEASE COME BACK TO THE UK.

I second that!!

TimothyBFan
11-16-2010, 08:27 AM
I think we know a certain somebody that will third that when she reads it also! (Troubador):)

Prettymaid
11-22-2010, 04:14 PM
A 40th Anniversary tour sounds great to me. C'mon guys...are ya up for it?

Troubadour
11-22-2010, 05:13 PM
I think we know a certain somebody that will third that when she reads it also! (Troubador):)

Oh yeah! :nod:

Glennsallnighter
11-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll 'fourth' that! if they do any UK dates its highly probable they will do at least one Irish date. The only reason they didn't do one when they toured in March 2008 was because the biggest and most suitable indoor stadium was being revamped and so wasn't available. But thats the new O2 building now.

COME ON EAGLES!!!!

EasyFeeling
12-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Koala, there is a ticket alert on eventim and I registered. That would be too good to be true if they come back next year!

Koala
12-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Koala, there is a ticket alert on eventim and I registered. That would be too good to be true if they come back next year!
Really! Cool! This would be so great of course! Will register me also immediately!

Koala
12-18-2010, 04:13 AM
The German ticket trader eventim has listet 5 cities, where Eagles concerts should take place next year in June . Till present still without concrete data.

I hope it's true and they really come back to Europe!

Troubadour
12-18-2010, 05:01 AM
This is so exciting! Everything crossed...

EasyFeeling
12-18-2010, 11:33 AM
I just saw that, Koala. I have no doubt that it's true, they wouldn't put cities otherwise. Hopefully not on June 21, I'm going to Elton John then.

Koala, it's true :partytime:

http://www.lanxess-arena.de/events/detailansicht/datum/515.html

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Yep - it's looking like our guys just may be heading back to Europe next year! That is exciting!

tequila girl
12-18-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't want to get too excited just yet.....................

..............but how Fabulous would that be!!!!! :band: :rockon: :yay: :yay: :yay:

sodascouts
12-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh my gosh how wonderful! These guys just keep on truckin'!

Once I get back from shopping I'll put it on the main page!

EasyFeeling
12-18-2010, 03:20 PM
And I thought I would never see them again, phew! LOL

TimothyBFan
12-20-2010, 09:51 AM
:yay: For all of my European friends!!! I'm so happy they are heading back your way!!

candy
02-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi, I'm new here, just wondering if anything has been said about The Eagles playing America again for this tour?

Prettymaid
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi, I'm new here, just wondering if anything has been said about The Eagles playing America again for this tour?

Hi Candy and welcome!

Yeah, we've said alot about it! Lol! Oh, you mean have we heard anything? I don't think the Eagles have announced any U.S. dates yet, but we're hoping maybe this fall...stay tuned!

candy
02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Yea, that's what I meant, have there been announcements. I don't want to miss out. The last time they were in my city I didn't know until it was too late.

TimothyBFan
02-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Welcome Candy!! Stay tuned here and trust me--you'll know if they are coming to your city in plenty of time to go this time!!

sodascouts
02-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Welcome candy! I too am eagerly awaiting new American dates, but hey, we gotta share with the rest of the world too. ;)

Annabel
02-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Welcome Candy, :wave: Still waiting to hear if Europe includes London this year. :nervous:

Prettymaid
02-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Oh, they're going to play London, trust me. It's their 40th freakin' anniversary and they're going to celebrate!

I can't wait to hear what the set list is.

Annabel
02-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I've got it all crossed that you are right PM :laugh: They wouldn't dare do Europe without doing London I'm sure. Just wish they would hurry up and announce it so I can get my tickets. I know I'll have my 50th birthday pressie sorted from DH that way too. :D

cjhill
02-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Oh, they're going to play London, trust me. It's their 40th freakin' anniversary and they're going to celebrate!

I can't wait to hear what the set list is.

;) I sure hope you are right but i dont share your confidence.

I try to be realistic, there are a few vacant slots in June/July for some of the big arenas (O2, Manchester, Birmingham) so it is possible that they have just yet to announce the dates, but why wouldnt they have told us yet??? Grr its soo annoying.:)

On the other hand it is worrying how quiet things have been on the announcements front. After all...in 2008, their European tour did consist of just a few london dates and then a trip to Holland:fear:
With such a huge fanbase here in the UK though i cant see any sense in not playing here if they are going to Germany.

candy
02-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks again for the welcome.

How far in advance do they usually announce shows?

PS How do I get a picture under my name like I see other people have? Sorry for all the questions.

sodascouts
02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
The announcements times vary. Typically, it's a couple months or so, but that's certainly not something you can count on.

The picture beneath the name is called an avatar. You can view instructions on how to upload an avatar here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_av atars) and find some more info, plus ready-made avatars, here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296). Have fun!

candy
02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks!

Prettymaid
02-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Nice avatar candy!

Troubadour
02-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Yes, I love that picture, too! Welcome, Candy.

Koala
02-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Welcome candy, nice avatar!

I really hope that they announce a few shows in the UK very soon!

cjhill
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Welcome candy, nice avatar!

I really hope that they announce a few shows in the UK very soon!

Indeed! very soon i hope EAGLES!:nahnah: This is becoming an unbearably long wait :brickwall:Man i hate being patient...

even if there are no more tour dates to be announced....we just want to know!

02-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Hang in there cj - patience! patience! :wink: If you get a chance to get to a show, you know it will more than make up for the wait. :thumbsup:

And candy - love your av too. Soda has some other really good ones on the EOC (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/avatars.htm) site. :partytime:

candy
02-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Thank you, I thought the avatar was pretty too, I got it from the link. There are a lot of good avatars there and Hotel California is one of my favorite albums ever.

I will be checking back definitely!

sodascouts
02-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Glad you like it!

ochiba kid 1
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
I wonder if they will do a 40th Anniversary tour print like they did back in 2001 for the 30th tour, I have a great ltd edition Hotel california signed print, cost a few quid, wife would proberly kill me, but if there is one I want it.
Thanks
Gary:band:

tequila girl
02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
More dates added on JWFC

Eagles Tour Dates Added in Iceland & Austria

June 9th & 25th respectively........no mention of the UK one though :fear:

sodascouts
02-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Thank you so much! I will get on updating the site about these dates today.

ETA: or when Im' up to it!

Koala
02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
It's cool to see that they play more shows, but I really hope that they announce shows for the UK soon!

Freypower
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Well, Iceland is a first.

Brooke
09-30-2011, 01:36 PM
I just posted this in the John Mellencamp thread, but others might have a few comments. I thought it'd be a great idea for the Eagles to do:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

FAN FALL TOUR PHOTOGRAPHERS WANTED
The Mellencamp.com Fan Community Blog is looking for Mellencamp fans with semi pro or pro cameras and photography skills that have tickets to John's Fall 2011 No Better Than This tour. If you fit this description, would you like the chance to shoot John and the band at your show for the Fan Blog? The only official way to take pictures at a Mellencamp concert with high quality equipment is to have a photo pass. Our past fan photographers have given us some great photos for all Mellencamp fans to enjoy! Check them out in the Community Blog

If you are interested, click HERE, and we will provide you more information which will explain the entire photo pass program and rules.

I'm probably dreaming, right?! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Ooooh. If only our boys were to offer an opportunity like that! Lissa, you got those lenses ready?

Henley Honey
09-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Ooooh. If only our boys were to offer an opportunity like that! Lissa, you got those lenses ready?

And don't you need a fun, dependable assistant??? :)

EaglesKiwi
10-01-2011, 04:41 AM
I just posted this in the John Mellencamp thread, but others might have a few comments. I thought it'd be a great idea for the Eagles to do:

If you are interested, click HERE, and we will provide you more information which will explain the entire photo pass program and rules.

I'm probably dreaming, right?! :hilarious:
Hell YEAH I'd be interested! Pick me, pick me!!! :thumbsup:
It's a really cool idea.

Of course, with the Eagles there would probably be all sorts of rules and documentation to sign (no I won't take video clips of whole songs & post them on You Tube, yes I'll make sure I get some photos of you all looking GORGEOUS, no I won't take any photos if by some divine intervention your pants fell down on stage, yes I'd be honoured to let you post my photos on your website... okay, now the dreams are turning to outright fantasy!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glennsallnighter
10-01-2011, 05:10 AM
And don't you need a fun, dependable assistant??? :)

Well of course :wink:

10-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Okay - you ladies have got my attention, now! I like what I'm reading here! :partytime:

sodascouts
10-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Check out what Joe says about the upcoming tour in this latest interview (http://newsok.com/joe-walsh-life-is-still-good-at-63/article/3612712?custom_click=columnist):

"As for the Eagles, Walsh said the Los Angeles (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Los+Angeles&CATEGORY=CITY) band is taking a few months off to retool its live show and revamp its set list.

“We don't want to become a Vegas lounge act,” he said. “We're not done yet, but we need a new show. Everybody's seen our show. ... I think we're going to maybe do a retrospective, almost like a documentary. We're gonna dig up old songs from ‘Desperado' and ‘On the Border,' and we have tons of footage and video stuff. So we're gonna put that all together as a visual from just the early days and play music from the various periods while you're watchin' that.”

It sounds awesome!!

Glennsallnighter
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Ooooh! That sounds very positive both in terms of a 40th Anniversary tour and a new set list. I'd love to hear songs like Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone sung live again. While I know they couldn't include everything on the LROOE tour and obviously they wanted to showcase their new album, I missed those songs.

Just hope they make Europe!

luvthelighthouse
10-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Not sure what more I could ask for! This sounds very exciting!!!:thumbsup:

Brooke
10-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Wonderful! :partytime:

Henley Honey
10-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Check out what Joe says about the upcoming tour in this latest interview (http://newsok.com/joe-walsh-life-is-still-good-at-63/article/3612712?custom_click=columnist):

"As for the Eagles, Walsh said the Los Angeles (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Los+Angeles&CATEGORY=CITY) band is taking a few months off to retool its live show and revamp its set list.

“We don't want to become a Vegas lounge act,” he said. “We're not done yet, but we need a new show. Everybody's seen our show. ... I think we're going to maybe do a retrospective, almost like a documentary. We're gonna dig up old songs from ‘Desperado' and ‘On the Border,' and we have tons of footage and video stuff. So we're gonna put that all together as a visual from just the early days and play music from the various periods while you're watchin' that.”

It sounds awesome!!

It does sound awesome!
So, with that in mind, what would everyone like for them to "dig up" and perform? I'm thinking Already Gone, Ol '55 and Good Day in Hell from On The Border and Doolin Dalton and Out of Control from Desperado.

How about everyone else? Any thoughts?

Tori
10-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Sounds really exciting!

I would really like to hear them do Victim of Love live. Doolin Dalton would be nice to hear too.

Freypower
10-14-2011, 04:41 PM
It does sound awesome!
So, with that in mind, what would everyone like for them to "dig up" and perform? I'm thinking Already Gone, Ol '55 and Good Day in Hell from On The Border and Doolin Dalton and Out of Control from Desperado.

I'm with you, although I would add Outlaw Man to that. I think it's high time they revisited those two albums and I applaud them for it. I wouldn't be that bothered about Tequila Sunrise if they did those other songs.

Windeagle
10-14-2011, 05:08 PM
It does sound awesome!

I like that list. I would add Bitter Creek, but since it's a Bernie song, I suppose it's unlikely. Saturday Night would be good too.

WalshFan88
10-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Although I could go without hearing more Desperado tracks (sorry Desperado fans I'm just not into that album! :D) I would LOVE to hear more from On The Border. It's my 2nd favorite Eagles album (I always am trying to decide between OTB and TLR as my 2nd fav). I love Already Gone, James Dean, Best Of My Love, On The Border, etc. I'd like to see Joe tear it up on James Dean. I also want Glenn and Stu to play the original twin solos like Glenn and Felder did that was on the record up until Felder was fired. I miss those. I like Joe's version on Farewell 1 but not as much as the Glenn/Felder twin solos actually. I am a stickler about everything being like the record both in listening and in my own playing. And I love that solo.

Even though this isn't really the thread for it, here are the tracks I want to see back in the setlist along with my requirements for me to go to a show.

Add back in: Already Gone (BIG one for me - my 3rd favorite Eagles tune), New Kid In Town, James Dean, Best Of My Love, One Of These Nights, Victim Of Love, Those Shoes, and Wasted Time.

Requirements for a show (I won't budge on): Hotel California, Take It Easy, Life's Been Good (I prefer it to the solo versions as I like the dual guitar solos and Eagles background vocals).

Freypower
10-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Both BOML & OOTN are in the current setlist.

I honestly believe that because VOL & Those Shoes were co-written by Felder the band won't ever play them again. So what about HC? That's different.

Sadly, much as I think they should bring back NKIT, I don't think they will, so on a personal level I would be happy with AG & TS, but if they could do James Dean or OOC or Outlaw Man I would love that.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-15-2011, 06:20 PM
FP, I thought I read somewhere that they took OOTN out in the last European leg. I didn't pay a lot of attention, I admit.

It will be interesting to see what they do at the Vegas shows in 3 and 5 weeks. Whether it will be the same as previous or a 'tune up' for the new tour. Or even something in between. And I can't wait to hear what they say about it (assuming they say something...).

Koala
10-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Sounds great and than a new setlist, great!

Both BOML & OOTN were unfortunately not in the setlist at least in Europe!

Just hope they make Europe!
Me too!

TimothyBFan
10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Interesting!! Can't wait to hear how much they change up.

Annabel
10-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Both BOML & OOTN were unfortunately not in the setlist at least in Europe!

No they weren't you're right Koala, and I really wanted to see them being played too. :sad:

Will be interesting to see what does make the new setlist. Can't wait. :partytime:

Troubadour
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Man, that sounds AMAZING! They could have a lot of fun with it. I love looking at the old footage on the screens behind them. :heart: I wonder where they will tour?

Annabel
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM
London's good for me this time, not in a field in deepest, darkest Kent :laugh: That's me, you and Steph on the same train up for a night of fun with the guys. :thumbsup:

Troubadour
10-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Definitely! :nod:

EaglesKiwi
10-18-2011, 04:58 AM
Hopefully they'll do a solid run through the States top to bottom and coast to coast so everyone gets a chance to see them - and follow it up with another world tour. Please. :pray:

WalshFan88
10-18-2011, 05:19 AM
I'm VERY excited. Especially when Joe said they are releasing some stuff of the old footage from past to present like a documentary. LOVE IT!

As far as a tour - hopefully so. I'd like for them to post dates soon so I can start saving up - I'd like to shoot for front row if at all possible. :D I will go to Chicago. The last time I saw them (which was my first and only time so far) I was 8th row. Nice, but I'd love to be front row. I'd probably just watch Joe's hands the entire night. :hilarious: I wouldn't know what to do! I'd just be watching Joe the whole time. When I saw them in Chicago in 2008 (Sept. 25th) I was on Joe's side (right) 8 rows back. It was a lot of fun but sadly I don't remember much from it. This time I will take pictures if I can and write details down.

TimothyBFan
10-18-2011, 07:00 AM
As far as a tour - hopefully so. I'd like for them to post dates soon so I can start saving up - I'd like to shoot for front row if at all possible. :D I will go to Chicago. The last time I saw them (which was my first and only time so far) I was 8th row. Nice, but I'd love to be front row. I'd probably just watch Joe's hands the entire night. :hilarious: I wouldn't know what to do! I'd just be watching

Darn it, Austin!!! If I go, this will most likely be the show I go to and I DON'T want to be sitting/standing behind you!!! Now you're gonna make me try for a front row also or find out where you are sitting first so I can get in another section so I'm not standing behind your rather tall body. :hilarious:

WalshFan88
10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Darn it, Austin!!! If I go, this will most likely be the show I go to and I DON'T want to be sitting/standing behind you!!! Now you're gonna make me try for a front row also or find out where you are sitting first so I can get in another section so I'm not standing behind your rather tall body. :hilarious:

:rofl:

Being 6'8, I feel for the people sitting/standing behind me.... In fact when I'm front row I try to sit down some throughout the show so people can see. :hilarious:

If/when the Chicago tickets are available and I get mine I will be nice and post my seat/row/section to help my fellow Borderers make sure they don't get stuck behind me. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

TimothyBFan
10-18-2011, 07:47 AM
I need to rethink this a bit tho. :headscratch: I think you'll come in handy running interference when I rush the stage to get to Timothy!! I'll be right behind ya! :nod:

WalshFan88
10-18-2011, 08:02 AM
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Prettymaid
10-18-2011, 08:12 AM
I need to rethink this a bit tho. :headscratch: I think you'll come in handy running interference when I rush the stage to get to Timothy!! I'll be right behind ya! :nod:

And I'll be right behind YOU!

TimothyBFan
10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Guess it's time once again, to not only start saving for Eagles tickets but also for the bail money that may be needed.
http://bestsmileys.com/cops/9.gif http://bestsmileys.com/jail/1.gif

Topkat
10-18-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm thrilled they will be digging up some old stuff, even though Desperado is not one of my favorites. Can't wait to see what they come up with & would love to hear some new guitar jams! I'm a sucker for those, That's part of why I do miss Don Felder.......:sad:

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2011, 06:17 AM
More confirmation that they will be touring in the second half of next year (They knew you need to save Willie!) with a new set list.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-eagles-to-launch-40th-anniversary-tour-in-2012-20111117

TimothyBFan
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Very cool!!! But someone needs to ship a memo off to Timothy, since he didn't seem to confident in one of those recent interviews, that there would be a tour next year.

Koala
11-18-2011, 10:42 AM
If they really touring next year, they should not forget Europe (Germany)!

Brooke
11-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Tim, where have you been? Someone get him the memo!

Love this comment from Joe:

But if we can do at least four things new and get them on the Internet,

Hey Don, some people like the internet and thinks its good for new music! :wink:

TimothyBFan
11-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Love this comment from Joe:

But if we can do at least four things new and get them on the Internet,

Hey Don, some people like the internet and thinks its good for new music! :wink:

Isn't it funny how a couple guys in the band LOVE and USE the internet for promotion and think it's a good thing while the other couple of guys try to avoid it at all cost?

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2011, 11:27 AM
If they really touring next year, they should not forget Europe (Germany)!

Or Ireland Koala!

(or Iceland :wink:)

Freypower
11-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Some of those Rolling Stone comments are pathetic. If you don't like the band, why go to the trouble of leaving a comment?

timfan
11-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Or Ireland Koala!

LOL If they do schedule Ireland(Iceland) I wonder if Glenn will remember your exchange hehehehe

Koala
11-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Or Ireland Koala!

Of course, this country must not be forgotten, very important!;)

EaglesKiwi
11-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Some of those Rolling Stone comments are pathetic. If you don't like the band, why go to the trouble of leaving a comment?
Exactly. In fact - why even bother to read the article - just go get yourselves a life!. :tonguewag:

EaglesKiwi
11-19-2011, 04:32 AM
On a more positive note, great to hear more about a forthcoming tour. I still think Timothy is just playing it cool and not committing to anything! :cool:

Topkat
11-19-2011, 04:35 PM
I think there is a plan for the 40th Anniversary Tour. What it's going to be is probably not finalized yet, but I am COUNTING ON IT!!!!

TimothyBFan
11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I still think Timothy is just playing it cool and not committing to anything! :cool:

:hilarious: Good one!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-04-2012, 08:44 PM
From Jack Tempchin's Facebook:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/eagles-tour-2012-1119-2011/

Discussion on the 40th anniversary tour and a possible date in Dubai. If it's already on here, I missed it!

Freypower
01-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I couldn't see any reference to a possible date in Dubai there. The link went to a Gibson Lifestyle page.

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Not entirely unlikely as they have dates announced in South Africa. It would be a logical place to start or finish even a mini tour of the African continent.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I couldn't see any reference to a possible date in Dubai there. The link went to a Gibson Lifestyle page.

I thought about it after I posted it. He had the Dubai part in the status part of his message:
The Eagles (https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Eagles/106436032725763) are celebrating their 40th Anniversary with many firsts: They're scheduled to play South Africa in April, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (https://www.facebook.com/JazzFest) in May and possibly Dubai in 2012!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-04-2012, 10:12 PM
If we don't already have the link in one of Timothy's threads, this has one sentence about Dubai:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ragogna/emexpandoem-a-conversatio_b_1180328.html

"Eagle-wise, a few gigs are popping up. It looks like we're going to go to South Africa in April, and we're going to do the New Orleans Jazz Festival in May. We're also going to go to Dubai. We're going to go to some places we haven't been."

Freypower
01-04-2012, 10:27 PM
South America should be next. They've never been there.

I suspect that as the amount of Eagles activity grows the likelihood of solo shows will decrease. Fair enough I guess.

Prettymaid
01-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Joe's interview makes it sound like some of the old songs they're going to do are going to be accompanied by old footage of them on stage.

01-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Joe's interview makes it sound like some of the old songs they're going to do are going to be accompanied by old footage of them on stage.

That works for me! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Shoot, if what we're hearing turns out to be true, this tour will be MADE OF AWESOME! I am gonna save my money for an ILAA ticket this round. Yes, it's exorbitant, but I wanna do it just once.

I appreciate that they're going to places they've never been before. Everyone deserves a taste of one of the greatest bands to ever hit the stage, no matter where they live, and the Eagles are giving it to them.

Dubai may seem like a strange choice to some, but it's so Westernized that the Eagles will have no problem selling tickets (as I'm sure they know). My mother lived in Dubai for a few years after terrorist activity at one of the plants my father supervised forced her out of Saudi Arabia - my dad would visit her on their weekends, Thursday and Friday. I visited there myself in 2005 to see them, and truth be told I was kind of dreading it since I had had such a bad experience living in Saudi Arabia when I was 12. Typically, they'd meet my sisters and me in Europe or come to America for summer vacation. However, I was very pleasantly surprised - more accurately, downright shocked - when I arrived in Dubai. It is nothing like Saudi; it's even got a freaking Hard Rock Cafe. I learned the economy is almost entirely based on tourism now, and that means marketing to the Western world - especially Westerners who are planning to spend a lot of money on their vacation. In 2005, one brunch at the Burj Al Arab hotel for four people cost well over $200 - and that's without alcohol or tip (they do charge for water). The Eagles will fit right in, lol, and rock Dubai!

Henley Honey
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Shoot, if what we're hearing turns out to be true, this tour will be MADE OF AWESOME! I am gonna save my money for an ILAA ticket this round. Yes, it's exorbitant, but I wanna do it just once.

Count me in!!! :yay: I've been squirreling away a few bucks as well. I'm hoping their first U.S. date is within a 3 hour flight time from NY-- though I guess I could rough it and go back to the Hollywood Bowl. Doesn't matter where -- I'm in!!

StephUK
02-02-2012, 07:09 PM
It's good to see the Eagles announcing some tour dates - a few more US ones being listed anyway. I still hope they will make it over to the UK later in the year. Of course London has the Olympics in June/July so I would hope they avoid that as travelling is going to be a nightmare.
I live near Weymouth & Portland in Dorset, which are hosting the sailing events of the Olympics. We are anticipating lots of problems as it's a small town with poor road links. Many people from this area are planning their summer vacations so as to be away while the Olympics are taking place.

Maybe the Eagles could come over in September(before it gets too cold for the California dwellers:laugh:). We know they like to be at home during the school summer vacations so don't usually tour during late July or August.

Eagles - please don't forget your UK fans. We want to be part of your 40th Anniversary celebrations too!!

cjhill
02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Eagles - please don't forget your UK fans. We want to be part of your 40th Anniversary celebrations too!!

Here, Here :nod:

Saw them at the Hop Farm last year and they were awesome. Would love to see them come over here again this year although i would expect them to concentrate mostly on touring in the US as they only did a handful of gigs over there last year.

But yes.....please come over and let us join in the celebrations :grin:

EaglesKiwi
02-03-2012, 04:41 AM
It's really exciting to hear new dates, hopefully this will eventually turn into another full on world tour, although I still think they will hit the US pretty hard before going back overseas again maybe next year.

sodascouts
02-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I wonder when the first date will be? Right now the earliest one is April, but it's still possible to announce late March dates.

Perfect Little Sister
02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Yeah like my birthday!!!!! ...I'm just sayin'.

Windeagle
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah like my birthday!!!!! ...I'm just sayin'.

I already know they're going to play Boston on June 8 - because it's my daughter's HS graduation! This is the kid that distracted me from Eagles fandom by being born just days before the taping of the HFO concerts. No date has been announced, but it's just destined to be that way.

The other day, I asked her if she wanted to go to Vegas and see the Eagles for her 18th birthday. I didn't even finish the question before I got a resounding "NO!"

I guess I didn't train her right.

02-09-2012, 07:56 PM
We'll WE - all you can do is keep on trying! Don't give up on the girl yet - she's still very young! :wink:

sodascouts
02-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Hot off the presses from the radio interview Koala posted in Joe's Press thread:

Joe states:

"We're assembling a new show with new lights and new everything. We're going into all our old archives and we're going to put a little mini-documentary together, kind-of, and that'll be the visual. And we'll revisit some of the old songs on the albums that aren't currently in our playlist. That's gonna take six months to do all that. So, the second half of the year, I think you'll start hearing from the Eagles again."

I like what I'm hearing!!!

EaglesKiwi
02-13-2012, 03:22 AM
Hot off the presses from the radio interview Koala posted in Joe's Press thread:

Joe states:
"We're assembling a new show with new lights and new everything. We're going into all our old archives and we're going to put a little mini-documentary together, kind-of, and that'll be the visual. And we'll revisit some of the old songs on the albums that aren't currently in our playlist. That's gonna take six months to do all that. So, the second half of the year, I think you'll start hearing from the Eagles again."

:yay::yay::yay:
:spin:
8-) (and here's hoping they spread the love far & wide!).

VAisForEagleLovers
02-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Really glad I'd already decided not to buy Atlanta tickets this morning!

Brooke
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Joe states:

Sounds great! :yay:

02-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Yep - I am definitely liking the sound of this too. VA, I had pretty much decided not to do Atlanta, too. I've been hoping that these shortened sets are just temporary, and while there's no way to know for sure, it sounds promising to me! :pray:

WalshFan88
02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Can't wait!!! Will definitely be at the Chicago show unless something tragic happens!

Glennhoney
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Can't wait!!! Will definitely be at the Chicago show unless something tragic happens!
..there's a Chicago show?...have I missed something??????????:thud:

Freypower
02-15-2012, 10:33 PM
..there's a Chicago show?...have I missed something??????????:thud:

No you haven't. No dates have been announced except for Atlanta & Las Vegas (in the US).

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/

WalshFan88
02-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Sorry GH, I meant if/when they come to Chicago. No tour dates other than the smaller two shows FP mentioned are scheduled right now. They always come to Chicago it seems on their US tour, so I was meaning if they tour, I am expecting they will come to Chicago and I will be there. Sorry for the confusion.

EaglesKiwi
02-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Fingers crossed that you ALL get to see our boys this time round.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 10:40 AM
The Eagles ad video on TicketMaster says 'coming this fall' for the Eagles 40th anniversary tour.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Eagles-tickets/artist/734977#viewablevideo

02-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks, VA. That's kinda what I figured. Soda and I were talking about this the other night and we were hoping that they would be booking some mid-to-late summer dates, but my gut kept telling me it would be in the fall. Oh well - looking on the bright side, I guess that just gives us more time to plan and save money.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm hoping it means some solo touring before the fall.

02-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Alrighty - that works for me! Forget that part I said about saving money, then! :wink:

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes, although if they wait until the fall, they will only have four months left of their 40th anniversary year! lol

TimothyBFan
02-28-2012, 12:50 PM
All I can say is I picked a bad time to start a BIG money kitchen renovation we plan to pay for in cash. :brickwall: :cuss:

GlennLover
02-29-2012, 12:28 AM
At least if they wait untill the fall there might be a slight chance that I could save enough by then to go see them again if they come anywhere near me. :sigh:

EaglesKiwi
02-29-2012, 03:54 AM
I liked the sound of "coming to a city near you". :blueblob::inlove:

Glennsallnighter
03-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Yes, although if they wait until the fall, they will only have four months left of their 40th anniversary year! lol

Which doesn't give them a lot of time to fit in Europe!

Slate CM
03-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Mostly just expressing frustration, but comments are welcome. :cool:

My wife and I were at the last show at the MGM. I see that another one is scheduled, but I have been complaining lately that business is slow.

I don't know if I can justify more tickets so soon. The only thing I am seeing on Ticketmaster is one Las Vegas and one in GA which is too far, and something about a jazz festival.

But it sounds like the consensus is that there will be more dates later in the year.

sodascouts
03-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Yes, that's what they've been saying. Of course you never know what could happen, but they are planning a tour and from what Joe says, it'll start in the fall.

EaglesKiwi
03-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Mostly just expressing frustration, but comments are welcome. :cool:

My wife and I were at the last show at the MGM. I see that another one is scheduled, but I have been complaining lately that business is slow.

I don't know if I can justify more tickets so soon. The only thing I am seeing on Ticketmaster is one Las Vegas and one in GA which is too far, and something about a jazz festival.

But it sounds like the consensus is that there will be more dates later in the year.
There is an advert on Ticketmaster for a tour in the fall, "coming to a city near you."

Okay, it's not going to be coming to a city near me (on the other side of the world), but it does sound promising for a decent US tour.

I still think they will hit Europe/Rest of the World again after they have done the US and had a bit of a break.

Victim of Love
03-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I would love for them to come to a city near me but if I want to see them I'm going to have to travel.

In the meantime it IS March 2nd which would lead me to believe that 'the big machine' has started to grease it's wheel and gear up for Cape Town, Sun City, Johannesburg and Dubai. Their Cape Town show is less than 5 weeks out!

I hope once they return to the States mid-April we'll begin to see more about additional shows in the coming months. (I'm fighting the temptation to go down to Vegas...hope I don't live to regret it.)

03-03-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm REALLY hoping that the band is ready to begin the 40th anniversary tour in the fall. However, being the perfectionist that they are, I don't think they'll kick it off until they are good and ready, even if it means starting the 40th anniversary tour in their 42nd year. :shh: - Don't want to give them any ideas. :wink:

EaglesKiwi
03-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Surely if there are ads on Ticketmaster for "in the fall" there must be something fairly solid planned?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-05-2012, 10:49 AM
EK, 'fairly' solid, yes. I love our boys to death, but until tickets are actually on sale, I consider it all changeable. Azoff has a history of using sneaky tactics to get our guys to do what he wants, and our guys have a history of not falling in with it. Perhaps 'sneaky' isn't the right word. Positive thinking? If he says it will happen everyone will fall in with it and do it?

sodascouts
03-06-2012, 02:06 PM
This reminds me of when everyone was so sure LROOE would come out in February and we didn't see it until months later.

Things happen when they happen. I for one think it would be rather silly to start a 40th Anniversary Tour in 2013, but I'm not the one making the decisions. I also don't believe what an ad on Ticketmaster says will send Glenn and Don scrambling.

However, I do take the ad as a good sign. It's evident that at one point the Eagles planned to do some dates in the fall. I hope that is still true.

EaglesKiwi
03-09-2012, 04:54 AM
EK, 'fairly' solid, yes. I love our boys to death, but until tickets are actually on sale, I consider it all changeable. Azoff has a history of using sneaky tactics to get our guys to do what he wants, and our guys have a history of not falling in with it. Perhaps 'sneaky' isn't the right word. Positive thinking? If he says it will happen everyone will fall in with it and do it?
I was laughing out loud when I read this - I had no idea, but I can just picture it. :roll:

Slate CM
03-09-2012, 07:13 PM
There is an advert on Ticketmaster for a tour in the fall, "coming to a city near you."

Okay, it's not going to be coming to a city near me (on the other side of the world), but it does sound promising for a decent US tour.

I still think they will hit Europe/Rest of the World again after they have done the US and had a bit of a break.

I missed that part. I will just have to check in more often. Anyone know if Ticketmaster has some sort of notification for upcoming events?

sodascouts
03-09-2012, 08:22 PM
I've added the Eagles to my favorites on TM and I thought that meant I would get updates, but somehow, it doesn't seem to happen. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

gibsonmartin
01-01-2013, 04:54 AM
I hope it's true. They haven't been to Asia since 2004. If they are going to do a 40th Anniversary tour perhaps they MIGHT get back here one last time.

Hi Freypower. Happy New Year. I believe they toured Asia in 2011. Looking forward to their visit in 2013 in any case. Hope it pushes thru despite TBS's health condition. Thanks.

Just to respectfully clarify as I'm responding based on the earlier posts which comprise this thread, the 40th anniversary tour being referred to in this thread is the one that got moved to 2013, right? Technically, 2012 is their 40th year but probably because of their DVD premiere in Sundance, the solo projects of Frey and Walsh, it got moved to 2013. Is my understanding correct? Thanks.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Actually, to be clear, they aren't calling it a 40th Anniversary Tour, and on Sunday night, Don referred to 2012 as being the 41st year the band was together, then mentioned 2013 as being #42. Recently, Glenn has referred to an upcoming tour as a retrospective, more or less to go along with the DVD. We know part 1 is being premiered in a few weeks, but we don't know what will happen after that. Movie theaters? In my totally inexpert opinion, a tour would coincide, more or less, with the release of the DVD to stores. If they even do an official retrospective tour. They have not committed to that, only said it was on the table, and they were non-committal about it before Timothy's health issue came up in October.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Va thanks for the clarification.
I dont think they know what they wanna do...

EaglesKiwi
01-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Actually, to be clear, they aren't calling it a 40th Anniversary Tour, and on Sunday night, Don referred to 2012 as being the 41st year the band was together, then mentioned 2013 as being #42. Recently, Glenn has referred to an upcoming tour as a retrospective, more or less to go along with the DVD. We know part 1 is being premiered in a few weeks, but we don't know what will happen after that. Movie theaters? In my totally inexpert opinion, a tour would coincide, more or less, with the release of the DVD to stores. If they even do an official retrospective tour. They have not committed to that, only said it was on the table, and they were non-committal about it before Timothy's health issue came up in October.
In an interview earlier this month (the Mike Hosking interview on Newstalk ZB radio), Glenn mentioned that the DVD would go to Cable for a month before being released in stores... and in another interview (with The Coast radio station) he was talking about them developing the next tour (having been asked if they would come back Down Under). Here's what Glenn had to say:

"We built a whole show around the LROOE album... we have to go back to the drawing board now & create another sort of multi-media concert experience. We're toying with what the History of the Eagles really means, and if we could possibly play a show that was roughly in chronological order, tell the history of the band as it evolved.

I'm not sure if it's anything that will be ready - hopefully next year - but we can't even start working on it until we wrap up the DVD."

Here's the link to that interview - this part is towards the end: http://www.thecoast.net.nz/player/ondemand/glenn-frey-talks-to-bk

Tiffanny Twisted
01-02-2013, 11:43 AM
i would so love it if they would show it in a theater first for two weeks then release it to dvd for purchase..
when melbourne was done if I remember correctly,it was shown on nbc first over two nights with heavy advertising that you could purchase the dvd the following week in stores or on line..Hey I'm good with that again but it could also be nice to see it on the imax first maybe.
just spit balling here...just wish they would make a dvd i could purchase soon please.

sodascouts
01-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Seriously - imagine seeing those concert clips movie screen size!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll just tell everyone it's a hot flash. I can get away with that at my age.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-02-2013, 06:50 PM
yeah I guess I can too but wouldnt that be cool ..I could so go see it on the imax.......HUBBA HUBBA

WalshFan88
01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
I don't have an IMAX near me but I'd love to see it on the big screen anyway.

lizzyplays
01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
That would be the ultimate! To see old clips on a big screen, Imax... the works!

Henley Honey
01-03-2013, 07:53 PM
That would be the ultimate! To see old clips on a big screen, Imax... the works!

I think Times Square has one -- We're in !!!!

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Just IMAGINE if it was scheduled for Times Square when we are in New York!

Freypower
01-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Just IMAGINE if it was scheduled for Times Square when we are in New York!

Are you going to New York? When? What have I missed? I am completely out of the loop at the moment & don't seem to understand anything.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-03-2013, 08:35 PM
I'd love to see it on IMAX, they actually have one where they parked the space shuttle at Dulles airport. Yet Glenn did say 'cable' tv and he didn't say movie theaters. Probably some channel I don't get like Palladia or AXS. (I know I asked about movie theaters in a previous post, but EaglesKiwi corrected me).

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2013, 08:35 PM
You've missed nothing really FP. We are going on a family holiday to NY in March, mainly so Laura can follow in her Mums footsteps of going trans atlantic when artists don't come over here. Thanks to HH's nimble fingers we've managed to get tickets for one of Taylor Swifts Newark concerts. We've wanted to go to America as a family for a while so we figured this was as good an opportunity as any other.

I may have mentioned it in a different thread, possibly the Taylor Swift one a while ago.

Freypower
01-03-2013, 08:50 PM
You've missed nothing really FP. We are going on a family holiday to NY in March, mainly so Laura can follow in her Mums footsteps of going trans atlantic when artists don't come over here. Thanks to HH's nimble fingers we've managed to get tickets for one of Taylor Swifts Newark concerts. We've wanted to go to America as a family for a while so we figured this was as good an opportunity as any other.

I may have mentioned it in a different thread, possibly the Taylor Swift one a while ago.

Great. I hope you enjoy it. I might ask you to send me a couple of postcards.

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Comsider it done! I may find a few fridge magnets too!

Brooke
01-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Ga, sounds fun for you and your family! :thumbsup:

gibsonmartin
01-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Thanks, VK.