PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Sexiest Songs

sodascouts
11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
What are Joe's sexiest songs, in your opinion? (I'm going to include James Gang songs in this).

Slow Dancing hot!

Stop - a wild kind of sexy!

Woman - "Wanna take you home, do things to ya..." need I say more?

Help Me Thru the Night - sexy in its vulnerability, which makes you want to hold him.

Turn to Stone - the lyrics aren't, but that guitar solo is...

jdubfan
11-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Gang - Live In Concert: anything from this, especially You're Gonna Need Me (the plea in "Won't be waitin'" hurts my heart to hear), Ashes Rain & I, Stop, and there's something about my favorite live jam bar none - Lost Woman. The best blues improv I've ever heard, that makes me want to hurt somebody...in a good, fun kind of way. :)

I feel such a connection to this live performance, Joe's bared his personal and musical soul, laid it out there for everyone to touch and be touched. Probly sound hoeky, but that's what has kept me interested in music for over 40 yrs, the power, depth, meaning, personality of it. Just love it.

Freypower
11-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I would still go with Indian Summer, plus Turn To Stone & possibly Meadows.

Troubadour
11-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Help Me Thru The Night and Comin' Down are the two sexiest songs that come to mind, for me. Both have a lot of vulnerability, which is hot.

EaglesFanatic
11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I'd say (just off the top of my head) Turn To Stone, Dreams, and County Fair. Also, I'd have to say parts of Last Good Time In Town too.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I think many of the songs on The Confessor album are sexy - not necessarily lyrically, but musically they are HOT. Songs that you would never think of as being sexy if you read the title or lyrics end up with a very sexy vibe once Joe puts them to his :pimp: music ...

Yes - I'm talking about I Broke My Leg and Bubbles, 15 Years, Rosewood Bitters, and the ultimate in :pimp: music - Good Man Down.

Then, of course, there is also Slow Dancing that Soda already mentioned.

sodascouts
11-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Well, some of these choices surprise me! It's so interesting to see what people think are sexy.

One that was mentioned in another thread that I forgot is I'll Tell the World. DEFINITELY sexy.

Freypower
11-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I think many of the songs on The Confessor album are sexy - not necessarily lyrically, but musically they are HOT. Songs that you would never think of as being sexy if you read the title or lyrics end up with a very sexy vibe once Joe puts them to his :pimp: music ...

Yes - I'm talking about I Broke My Leg and Bubbles, 15 Years, Rosewood Bitters, and the ultimate in :pimp: music - Good Man Down.

Then, of course, there is also Slow Dancing that Soda already mentioned.

I love all of those, especially Rosewood Bitters, but I think its vibe is a bit too 'up' to be sexy even with all that slide guitar.

Prettymaid
11-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I think Tend My Garden is sexy. Any song that starts with Joe singing,"Would you like to come home with me. I could think of things to show you" conjures up all kinds of sexy images.

jdubfan
11-26-2010, 09:31 PM
None of the instrumentals have been mentioned, I heard Yadig today and was reminded what a tasty solo Joe does. Pavanne is classical, Inner Tube is a little experimental, Got Any Gum has some cool components. I always enjoy the various Weirdos. He can say so much thru those six stingers, he doesn't always have to speak. But, that's nice too. I don't really mind that either.
Coming back from my sad road trip last week, my 88 yo mom was listening to my music, like she had a choice. We'd drifted into a boo hoo moment and Shup Up! came on. At the lyrics "I'll be right back, I gotta pee" she started giggling until it wound up into a real ha-ha event and we about had to pull over. We did get off at the next exit, because, well you know...we had to too....

Ive always been a dreamer
11-26-2010, 09:56 PM
I would actually have to go back and refresh my memory to see which instrumentals of Joe's I think are sexy. But, I totally agree that music alone can be sexy. As I said, most of the lyrics in those songs from The Confessor aren't sexy, but the music is freakin' steaming!

jdubfan
11-28-2010, 01:57 AM
No vidoe, but here's Boat Weirdos from But Seriously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM5SDG0OjkA

sodascouts
11-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Glad Joe could give your mom and you a much-needed laugh, Deb.

Re: Instrumentals - Joe's guitar solos are almost always sexy!