PDA

View Full Version : Glenn golf mentions

timfan
02-05-2007, 03:42 PM
In honour of the upcoming Pebble Beach Tournament; Here's a few quotes involving Glenn in regards to golf.

From 1999

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/golf/news/1999/02/07/Pebble_Beach/

from 1998

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/golf/news/1998/08/19/woods_international/

from 2004

http://www.augusta.com/masters2004/review1999/040799/notes1999.shtml

sodascouts
02-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Those are great! Thanks for finding them - I've never seen those before.

Here's a cute moment from 2004, courtesy of the San Francisco Chronicle:

"Also on No. 14, rock star Glenn Frey asked a woman in the front row to hold his half-eaten chocolate chip cookie while Frey teed off. Frey nailed his shot, returned to retrieve his cookie and gave Sandi Rowe of San Jose a snazzy guitar pick, with "Eagles 2003" imprinted on one side and "Glenn Frey" on the other."

:lol:

Brooke
02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Haha! I would have eaten it unless he would give me a ...........................autograph? :wink:

Love your new av, Soda! Cute! :D

timfan
02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
aww Soda that's cute! Maybe Glenn'll give YOU a cookie to hold at Pebble this year? :wink: 8)

glenneaglesfan
02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
That's so funny! OMG how I'd have treasured holding that cookie...forget the pick, just give me the cookie.

Freypower
02-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Knowing me I would have eaten it myself. Then he would have asked me where it was and I would have said something like 'you and me babe, how about it' (er NO.....) I would have said something like 'what, you can't afford to buy any more'?! :P

Have a great time at PB Soda, PLS & Dreamer.

sodascouts
02-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I think I would break a little piece off of the cookie and eat it. I'm just taking the holder's percentage. ;) Besides, PLS only brings granola bars.

sodascouts
02-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I found this rather harsh mention in an article about the 2000 PGA in the 2001 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

"Singer Glenn Frey locked himself in earnest conversation with pro Craig Stadler after dropping a nice putt at last year's AT&T. 'I think I've finally got the flat stick working,' Frey said, gushing pretension, on his way to the next tee box.

Whereupon he skulled his drive, which dribbled past the ladies' tees and came to rest on a cart path about 20 yards away."

Ouch!

Molly
02-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Your last story, Nancy, reminded me that Steve has a book on golfing that contains a chapter of "famous golf quotes". Here are a few:

"I have a tip that can take five strokes off of anyone's game, it's called an eraser." -Arnold Palmer

"The number of shots taken by an opponent who is out of sight is equal to the square root of the sum of the number of curses heard plus the number of swishes." -Michael Green

"The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so that you can't see him laughing". -Phyllis Diller

"If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt." -Dean Martin

"Golf is a good walk spoiled." -Mark Twain

"When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit."
-Author Unknown (Cindy Frey?)

"Real golfers, no matter what the provacation, never strike their caddie with an iron. A sand wedge is much more effective."
-Huxtable Pippey

"Drugs are very much a part of professional sports today. But when you think about it, golf is the only sport where the player doesn't get penalized for being on grass." -Bob Hope

"They call it golf because all the other four letter words were taken." -Raymond Floyd

"I know I'm getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators." -Gerald Ford

"Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle." -Author Unknown

"Golf and sex are the only two things you can enjoy without being good at." -Jimmy DeMeret (obviously a man said that)

sodascouts
02-17-2007, 07:16 PM
lol! Great quotes. I especially liked the commentary on the last one!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-18-2007, 03:57 PM
These are great, tf and Molly. I think I appreciate them much more now than I did before my trip. The PB trip was the first time I'd ever been on a golf course in my life. While I already understood the basic rules of the game, I did actually find it more enjoyable to watch than I expected. No - really - I did! :wink:

Perfect Little Sister
02-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah Dreamer...we know just what you found enjoyable to watch. :laugh: