PDA

View Full Version : Don's Sexiest Songs

sodascouts
11-21-2010, 07:50 PM
So, what do we think are Don's sexiest songs?

I'll start:

Leather and Lace - I don't care if Stevie Nicks wrote it - he shares lead, and his voice on it is too sexy for words, so this one counts!

Come Rain or Come Shine - ooooh so nice.

I Will Not Go Quietly - it's got some aggressive sexiness mixed in there.

Miss Ghost - he may resist temptation in the end, but it's got some hot lyrics while he's considering it!

Lilah - This makes it on the virtue of "the taste of your mouth, the smell of the perfume on your wrist"

Troubadour
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I think everything Don sings is sexy! He can make emotional songs like The Heart Of The Matter sexy, as well as bitter, angry songs like You Don't Know Me At All.

I agree with your choices, though. Come Rain Or Come Shine is DEFINITELY hot. "You're gonna love me..." :thud:

I also think The End Of The Innocence is sexy, although obviously it has multiple layers.

Freypower
11-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Miss Ghost & Lilah.

UK TimFan
11-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Another vote for Miss Ghost. :)

Troubadour
11-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Just wanted to add to the I Will Not Go Quietly vote. The whole harder, raw edge to it is sexy, and these lyrics in particular...

Well come on over here baby,
You 'bout to gimme a heart attack
I wanna wrap my lovin' arms around the small of your back
And I'm gonna pull you, pull you, pull you
Pull you right up close to me

GAH!

I also love this bit:

Oh baby, I just wanna take you away from here
I ain't no tiger, ain't no little lamb
Suppose you tell me mama
Who do you think I think I am?

I like the fact that Don and Kootch wrote it together, too. You can hear the harder edge that Danny helped to add to it.

Lastly, these lyrics are worth quoting from You Don't Know Me At All.

Baby, I knew better
But you were such a pretty mess
You took my breath away
And now I want it back
Ah, you should've killed me
You always looked so good in black

Definitely sexy!

Brooke
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
The first one that popped in to my head was Miss Ghost. Definitely sexy. Love those lines Troub quoted above from I Will Not Go Quietly and You Don't Know Me At All too.

And if you're counting Eagles songs that Don sings:

One of These Nights and Witchy Woman are pretty sexy. :thud:

Ive always been a dreamer
11-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Well I totally agree with every song everyone has mentioned here so far with one exception - Miss Ghost ... I know I'm in the minority here but Don's vocals in the song creep me out instead of turning me on. The lyrics may be sexy, but who cares when he sings like that! :lol:

Now, I'll add a few more that I do think are HS&G. I'm not listing them all, but here's a few that I consider with some sexy vocals! ...

Long Way Home
Talking To the Moon
The Boys of Summer
All She Wants To Do Is Dance
The Last Worthless Evening
Taking You Home

TimothyBFan
11-22-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm gonna surprise everyone here with what I'm about to say. Despite Don and I's differences in the past, :hilarious: I think everything he sings is sexy as hell!!! I LOVE Don Henley's voice and believe he could sing the alphabet and I would just melt. It's all about his voice for me. I don't know every song like I'm sure a lot of you do so I'm no expert as far as what lyrics are the sexiest. To me a song doesn't have to have "sexy" lyrics to make me shudder. KWIM?

Maleah
11-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm gonna surprise everyone here with what I'm about to say. Despite Don and I's differences in the past, :hilarious: I think everything he sings is sexy as hell!!! I LOVE Don Henley's voice and believe he could sing the alphabet and I would just melt. It's all about his voice for me. I don't know every song like I'm sure a lot of you do so I'm no expert as far as what lyrics are the sexiest. To me a song doesn't have to have "sexy" lyrics to make me shudder. KWIM?

I love everything Don sings and I could list all the songs but I'll try to narrow it down to a few

I AM suprised that "The Last Worthless Evening" has only had one mention so far though!

Troubadour
11-22-2010, 02:54 PM
OMG! Yes! The Last Worthless Evening! I have no idea why that slipped my mind last night. So frickin' sexy.

Freypower
11-22-2010, 04:59 PM
As Dreamer added a voice of dissent about Miss Ghost, I will add one about (gulp) I Will Not Go Quietly. I used to like it a lot but I now think it is one of his 'trying too hard' songs. It doesn't convince me at all. The 'wrap your lovin' arms' part... I don't know, perhaps you have to be a real 'Don girl' to appreciate that (I do understand why Henley fans seem to love it so much). I do like the other part Troub quoted about 'who do you think I think I am' but I'm sorry, overall I like this song less & less the more I hear it. :-(

OK, well, now that I have uttered such heresy:

The Boys Of Summer - yes.
The Last Worthless Evening - yes.
Taking You Home - yes, although I don't like the song much.

11-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Well - I do, of course, love Don's voice. However, I honestly don't find everything he sings sexy. The lyrics in some of his songs are far from being sexy, and when I focus on them, I'm usually concentrating too hard on the song's message to find it sexy - I'm talking about songs like Johnny Can't Read, Nobody's Business, Them and Us, or They're Not Here, They're Not Coming. However, there are a couple that haven't been mentioned - I find The End of the Innocence to be very sexy when I apply the interpretation of a love affair to it instead of a scathing commentary of the Reagan administration. Also, In spite of the state of the affair in You Don't Me At All - I think it has a very sexy vibe.

Troubadour
11-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I mentioned The End Of The Innocence and You Don't Know Me At All! I completely agree with you about those songs. :nod:

Judy
07-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Sometimes it's a certain performance. And it doesn't have to be a solo song. I'm getting sick of the temp being so high, so I used it as an excuse to listen to last year's performance of Please Come Home for Christmas. His voice was amazing, and yeah, it's a Christmas song, but it was sexy, too. He's the sexiest when he's the most passionate. Just thinking about some performances makes my heart race!!!

Henleyfan
07-23-2011, 02:36 AM
I have to agree with Judy about Please come home for Christmas. Sometimes when I hear it I can feel myself getting emotional it is so passionate.

With that said I love every song Don sings. His voice is amazing! He could sing the phonebook and I would swoon!

EaglesKiwi
07-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Sometimes it's a certain performance. And it doesn't have to be a solo song. I'm getting sick of the temp being so high, so I used it as an excuse to listen to last year's performance of Please Come Home for Christmas. His voice was amazing, and yeah, it's a Christmas song, but it was sexy, too. He's the sexiest when he's the most passionate. Just thinking about some performances makes my heart race!!!

So listening to Don is supposed to cool you down?? :confused: Definitely wouldn't work for me... :hilarious:

And are you referring to the Eagles in Melbourne last year (I heard PCHFC there and it was FANTASTIC) - if so, is it available on line??

And on the theme of specific performances - EIDN on Live Inside Job is IMHO very sexy - and there's no freaky video to kill the mood!

EaglesKiwi
07-23-2011, 05:35 AM
I also think Get Over It from HFO is also very sexy - the delivery of the song & Don's attitude rather than the song itself.

Annabel
07-23-2011, 05:38 AM

I was going to quote Lou and agree that everything he sings sounds sexy to me, .......but,........ then I saw what Willie wrote and have to agree here too. After reading Lou's I was thinking that he could sing me a nursery rhyme and I'd be gone :laugh: but alphabet would do it too. :faint: Can't even really tell you my favourite of his. Love them all.

Judy
07-23-2011, 01:08 PM
So listening to Don is supposed to cool you down?? :confused: Definitely wouldn't work for me... :hilarious:

And are you referring to the Eagles in Melbourne last year (I heard PCHFC there and it was FANTASTIC) - if so, is it available on line??

And on the theme of specific performances - EIDN on Live Inside Job is IMHO very sexy - and there's no freaky video to kill the mood!

Yes, I am referring to the Eagles in Melbourne. It's not online any longer. If you can tell me how to get it to you I will. It's 7.09 MB (a QuickTime mp4). AOL won't let me send something that big, and I can't post it on here, either. If you can figure out how I can share it, I'd be glad to.

07-23-2011, 01:10 PM

:lol: EK. ITA!!!

As far as PCHFC - I agree, Don sounds very sexy in that one. I checked DHO, but I didn't see any downloads of the song. There may be a slight chance that you can find something on YouTube. I was thinking there was a video on YouTube when they performed it at the Australian show, but I could be wrong. Even if I'm right, it may have been taken down by now. :sad:

Judy
07-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I was going to quote Lou and agree that everything he sings sounds sexy to me, .......but,........ then I saw what Willie wrote and have to agree here too. After reading Lou's I was thinking that he could sing me a nursery rhyme and I'd be gone :laugh: but alphabet would do it too. :faint: Can't even really tell you my favourite of his. Love them all.

I agree. He could sing the alphabet and it would sound great--as long as he sang it with passion. It's all about the passion. Best of My Love at Atlantic Bank Center in Georgia--awesome--sung very passionately. Best of My Love in Singapore--not so much. Just a so-so performance IMO.

sodascouts
07-23-2011, 06:59 PM
It's all about the passion.

Amen!

Henley Honey
07-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Yep. It's all about the passion. For me, it all comes down to "Wasted Time" -- the Hell Freezes Over live version.
Everytime I hear it -- without fail -- it amazes me how perfect that live performance was. IMHO it's his masterpiece.

TimothyBFan
07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
HH--you make a good point about certain versions of specific songs being more memorable than other performances or album versions.

Example: Heart Of The Matter has always and will always be my favorite Don song, but the Christchurch version is my favorite performance of it. The way his voice starts cracking about half way thru it and he gets almost raspy.... :thud: It makes me shed tears every time I see that video or hear the audio on my Ipod. Soooo much emotion (or the fact the weather was taking it's toll on his voice) in that particular version of it.

Troubadour
07-27-2011, 02:33 PM
That Christchurch performance gets me too, Willie. So raw. You can see him grimacing when his voice cracks and it's just so frickin' sexy! I need to watch that again sometime soon...

HH, I totally agree with you about the HFO version of Wasted Time. It was that particular song and performance that made me fall in love with Don. Completely. The lyrics of Wasted Time spoke to me, even more than HOTM at that point, and I literally didn't think I'd heard a sexier voice in my life. I also love him playing drums and those profile shots as he sings... Everything about it is emotional and just plain HOT.

Judy
07-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I agree with all your thoughts on those two performances. HFO Wasted Time is perfect. His timing is so perfect and his voice is so heart wrenching. Loved that whole concert. They got some good camera shots of him on the drums during the Joe songs, too. TBF, now I want to go listen to Christchurch HOTM again. You described it so well. Felder's tapping on the guitar adds to the pleasure for me.

Brooke
07-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Ok, now I need to watch it too! It's been a while! :nod:

07-27-2011, 06:20 PM
OMG - now you all have gone and given me more Eagles homework to do. It just never ends! (And I'm complaining about this, why???)

As far as Don's sexiest songs, there are far too many of them to count, IMHO! I could never pick just one. :nope:

Henleyfan
07-27-2011, 11:59 PM
I agree with all your thoughts on those two performances. HFO Wasted Time is perfect. His timing is so perfect and his voice is so heart wrenching. Loved that whole concert. They got some good camera shots of him on the drums during the Joe songs, too. TBF, now I want to go listen to Christchurch HOTM again. You described it so well. Felder's tapping on the guitar adds to the pleasure for me.

Is the video a personal one or is it online somewhere? I would love to watch it. HOTM is probably my top pick for sexist song, but there are so many others. I love his performance with Brian Adams of Everybody Knows and I love his performance of It Don't Matter to the Sun. In fact I wish he would record that one.

Judy
07-28-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll fumble through, then someone can give her a helpful answer. :)

I have never ripped, burned, whatever a cd or dvd in my life. I know the Christchurch concert (or maybe billed as New Zealand) has been on dimeadozen and or sugarmegs before, both of which I do not know how to use. I have a copy of the whole concert on DVD that someone made for me. I don't know how to separate HOTM from the rest. Soda has lots of the songs up, but not HOTM. That is the extent of my help. Sorry! I'm sure someone on here can help.

sodascouts
07-28-2011, 12:18 AM
PM me and I'll send you a copy of the concert - you can just FF to HOTM... but I recommend you watch the whole thing. It's a great show!

TimothyBFan
07-28-2011, 07:33 AM
HF---WATCH IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is, by far, the best bootleg Eagles video ever!!! I think I share that opinion with many other fans.

BTW---have I ever told all of you how sexy I think Timothy is in it with his hair blowing, and his purple velvet shirt and his wetness and...... :thud:

Oh---maybe I have. :hilarious:
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44405&highlight=Christchurch#post44405

sodascouts
07-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes. Hot!

BTW, just re-listened to Leather and Lace again today... I know I've said it before, but what woman doesn't melt when she hears him singing "You in the moonlight, with your sleepy eyes - could you ever love a man like me?" :: SIGH ::

Henleyfan
07-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Yes. Hot!

BTW, just re-listened to Leather and Lace again today... I know I've said it before, but what woman doesn't melt when she hears him singing "You in the moonlight, with your sleepy eyes - could you ever love a man like me?" :: SIGH ::

SIGH is right! Every time I listen to that part my heart skips a beat.

Judy
07-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Yes. Hot!

I love the live version from 2004. My anticipation builds, then when he starts singing I just close my eyes and let it wash over me, and like you said, my heart just melts.

I like the live version up on Facebook, too. Just saw that.

EaglesKiwi
07-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Yes. Hot!

And every woman is probably thinking, "Oh yes. Please." :hilarious: That is such a gorgeous moment. :inlove:

07-29-2011, 10:31 AM
"You in the moonlight, with your sleepy eyes - could you ever love a man like me?"

Well, I don't know, Don, but I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. :partytime: