PDA

View Full Version : California Girls

Perfect Little Sister
02-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey everyone! Just a note to let y'all know Soda and Dreamer arrived safely in California. I have given them honorary status as California girls. Hey, I'm a fourth generation Californian and we're all sisters at heart. lol The weather is looking kinda grey around here. We're hoping that the "sprinkles" in the forecast decide not to fall. Take It Easy.

Brooke
02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Glad to hear they made it ok, PLS!

Rain, rain, go away
California girls want to play! :roll: Sorry, couldn't help it! :laugh:

glenneaglesfan
02-07-2007, 04:27 PM
After all the different weather last year, and difficult clothing choices, I wish you all some constant temperatures! Especially with that restriction on hand luggage.

timfan
02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Glad to know everyone made it ok... and let's hope for a suprise! SUNSHINE! :nod:

Hope y'all have a great time and get LOADS Of attention from Mr. Glenn Frey himself! :D

sodascouts
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
OK, I'm at PLS' house checking out The Border! I did make it safely, but let me vent a bit about the horror that was my trip!

I left West Lafayette an extra hour early, because it was starting to snow pretty hard. After about 15 miles, on the outside of Lafayette, traffic came to a complete stop. And we stayed at a compete stop - FOR TWO HOURS. Turns out that there had been a multi-18-wheeler collision - FIVE to be exact, and also a few other cars were involved. The highway both ways was shut down and, as I said, it was closed for two hours.

By the time I was allowed to start driving again, the snow had piled up on the highway and it was impossible even to see the lane lines. I was going 40mph TOPS, many times slower, with visibility no more than about 15 car lengths ahead. We all pretty much in one lane, following each other's car tracks. Some 18-wheelers zoomed by me. I later saw three of those 18-wheelers in ditches. There were also several other wrecks along the way, one directly behind me. All in all, I was lucky not to have any wrecks myself, but obviously I missed by plane, as I arrived there three hours late (a journey that normally takes 70 minutes took five hours).

I was re-routed but the delay meant I didn't get to Oakland until 11:45 - making dreamer have to wait in the airport for four hours, poor thing!

Oh well, we're here now, and ready to have a Glenn-tastic time! Of course you guys will get all the details. ;)

Later!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Don't you all worry your pretty little heads off. We aren't going to let a little bit of rain keep up from the fantastic Mr. Frey!

timfan
02-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Well glad to know you both got to sunny (hehehe) California ok ( even tho Soda it sounds like you had quite time getting there :( )

I'm sure Glenn will make the long trip well worth your trouble ;)

Hope you have a great time ladies and try to keep warm :D . Think of the Smokin' Hot pic, that'll keep you warm!

Brooke
02-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Horrors, Soda! That reminds me all too well of my trip a couple weeks ago! Don't those semis just bewilder you for driving so fast on bad roads? Glad you made it safely!

Keeping my fingers crossed for sunny days ahead! Have fun! :D

Freypower
02-07-2007, 10:52 PM
We are all, needless to say, thinking of you. Who's the guy at the golf tournament again?! :P

EasyFeeling
02-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Soda, what a trip. :shock: As I saw you had posted something I thought you spotted Glenn the first time there. Ok, I need to be more patient. :twisted:

glenneaglesfan
02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Soda, that journey sounds like a nightmare, but I'm very glad you got there in the end. Seems like we're all in for bad weather - the forecast for Pebble isn't that great.

DonFan
02-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Soda, I'm glad you arrived safely, but what a nightmare trying to get to the airport! :shock:

Now, make up for all that, and have a terrific time following Glenn around!