PDA

View Full Version : The Grammys 2007

DonFan
02-12-2007, 11:10 AM
So, who watched the Grammys?

It was a bookend show for me. The best parts were the very end and the very beginning.

I waited all night to see Don, who closed the show. I thought he looked great and he was typically Don--when Scarlett Johansson asked him if he had any words of advice for her new album, and he said "No," she looked puzzled and I just laughed. I loved his shout-out to the Chicks and I'm so glad he got to give them their last award of the night.

I loved it that they opened up with the Police, and Sting, who I also adore, looked fabulous.

I thought the tribute to the Eagles was very well done too. Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood did an excellent job covering three Eagles songs. Why they didn't cut away to show a shot of Don in the audience after Reba finished talking about his MusiCares award, I'll never know.

BTW, there is an excellent little video from the MusiCares gala on the Grammy site.

EasyFeeling
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I've just watched the Grammy's. I had to tape it since they televised it at night (for us Europeans).
I didn't know Don appeared at the end of the show so I always thought I missed it. He looked a bit different with that longer hair but still great.
Our TV station spoiled the beginning of the show so I couldn't see The Police because of image interferences several times. :roll:
Carrie Underwood did a great job with but I was a bit dissappointed by Rascall Flatts. I didn't like their performance. But that's just my opinion.

freyfanatic
02-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Heres Don presenting:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/kachagolla/GrammyDon4.jpg

And here he is I'm guessing at the after parties with Sting:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p125/kachagolla/grammy13.jpg

DonFan
02-12-2007, 03:41 PM
That is a hilarious picture of Don with Sting. That's Sting's wife, Trudie, beside them laughing her head off.

BTW, both of those men looked absolutely gorgeous last night! 8)

glenneaglesfan
02-12-2007, 06:22 PM
That's a great picture, FF! Looks like the champagne may have been flowing! I didn't know Don was going to appear. It sounds as if it was a cool show.

Maleah
02-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Loved the tribute to the Eagles......although Rascal Flatts butchered HC. :? BUT.......I thought they did a great job on LITFL with Carrie Underwood! And I thought Carrie did an excellent job on Desperado!

I think Don's reply to Scarlett was supposed to be humorous but nobody got it. And I think that's why he giggled. lol

I'm not a fan of the Dixie Chicks so I wasn't impressed with their wins.........but I thought it was so cute how excited Don got when they won! lol :D

John Mayer was excellent as well! I have to admit, I even enjoyed Justin Timberlake's peformances! :blush:

OH.......and I was very suprised too that they didn't cut away to Don either after Reba mentioned him or after/during the tribute. I was also kind of suprised that he didn't mention it at all during his presentation at the end.

Brooke
02-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I haven't seen the whole show yet, but I did get home in time to see Rascal Flatts playing HC and Carrie Underwood do Desperado. I really like Rascal Flatts, but NOT doing Eagles songs. I thought Carrie did ok on D.

But really, I don't especially like ANYBODY doing Eagles songs. They just can't do them right. jmo!

EasyFeeling
02-13-2007, 01:26 PM
But really, I don't especially like ANYBODY doing Eagles songs. They just can't do them right. jmo!

That's funny, Brooke. Yesterday RG told me exactly the same. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Brooke
02-14-2007, 05:23 PM
I am bummed! I put my tape of the Grammys in to watch last night and all I got was whitenoise! :x

Maybe they will replay it soon! I really wanted to see Sting and the Police!

freyfanatic
02-14-2007, 10:04 PM
haha I found video of Don and Scarlett presenting at the Grammy's... he's so cute in it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=frQiLahGQTU

timfan
02-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Don is sooo adorable there! :D I love the shout out to the Dixie Chicks. But the best moment has to be his getting excited when sees that the Dixie Chicks have won and hollering YES!!!! while pumping his fist! :D soo cute :P

Ive always been a dreamer
02-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Since I was traveling on Sunday night, I missed the Grammy's. Did anyone get a good tape of the show?

SweetHolly
03-16-2007, 03:12 AM
The Grammy's were great. I absolutely loved Don :shock: ! He looked great! I loved his shout-out to the Dixie-Chicks and was so happy that he got to present them with the Album of the Year Grammy.