PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Own "Best of Timothy B. Schmit"

sodascouts
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Per EaglesFanatic's suggestion in another thread:

If you could make your own "best of" compilation of 15 songs for Timothy B. Schmit's solo stuff, what would be on the CD?

sodascouts
12-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Here's mine:

1. Tell Me What You Dream
2. Don't Give Up
3. A Better Day Is Coming
4. Was It Just the Moonlight
5. Something Sad
6. In Roxy's Eyes
7. The Shadow
8. Every Song Is You
9. Make You Feel My Love
10. One More Mile
11. Parachute
12. I Don't Mind
13. A Good Day
14. Let It Be Me
15. Caroline No

whitcap
12-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Here's my list:

1. Playin’ it Cool
2. So Much in Love
3. Boys Night Out
4. Don’t Give Up
5. Was it Just the Moonlight
6. The Shadow
7. Every Song is You
8. Make You Feel My Love
9. Top of the Stairs
10. One More Mile
11. Parachute
12. Friday Night
13. I Don’t Mind
14. Secular Praise
15. A Good Day

Victim of Love
12-05-2010, 06:22 PM
1. So Much in Love
2. Boys Night Out
3. Don’t Give Up
4. Was it Just the Moonlight
5. I Only Have Eyes For You
6. The Shadow
7. Every Song is You
8. Make You Feel My Love
9. Top of the Stairs
10. Down By The River
11. Parachute
12. Friday Night
13. Downtime
14. Secular Praise
15. Caroline No

TimothyBFan
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM
ONLY 15? OK here we go....

1)Secular Praise
2)Every Song Is You
3)Friday Night
4)The Shadow
5)Down By The River
6)Something Sad
7)Top Of The Stairs
8 )All I Want To Do
9)Parachute
10)Don't Give Up
11)Keep On Tryin' (does this one count?)
12)So Much In Love
13)A Better Day Is Coming
14)I Only Have Eyes For You
15)Was It Just The Moonlight

I didn't know if I could include I Can't Tell You Why but if so, I would make it 15 instead of Moonlight.

ETA-I forgot Make You Feel My Love but I don't know which one I would take away for it! :brickwall:

sodascouts
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
I kept mine strictly to solo - no Eagles, no Poco - but that's just me!

TimothyBFan
12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I think you're right so in that case I take away Keep On Tryin' and that leaves room for Make You Feel My Love. Problem solved!!:hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Okay - I am finding these lists very hard to limit to a specific number. I'm narrowing them down, but, I must insist on mentioning the ones that I cut. :wink: So here is my list for Tim, although they are not ranked in order of preference ...

1.) Something's Wrong
2.) Wrong Number
3.) Boys Night Out
4.) Tell Me the Truth
5.) Was It Just the Moonlight
6.) Down By the River
7.) In Roxy's Eyes
8.) The Shadow
9.) Every Song Is You
10.) Make You Feel My Love
11.) Parachute
12.) Secular Praise
13.) Melancholy
14.) Friday Night
15.) White Boy From Sacramento

Other favorites that were left off the list for the sake of limiting it to 15 songs are Playin' It Cool, Tell Me What You Dream, Gimme the Money, Jazz Street, and A Good Day.

WalshFan88
02-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Wow - I feel ashamed in saying this but I haven't listened to hardly any of Timothy's solo stuff. I know a couple of the songs (Secular Praise and White Boy From Sacramento) but that's about it. I'm gonna come up with a list of 15 but I'm gonna spend a couple days listening to his songs before I do post my list.

AzEaglesFan
02-20-2011, 02:10 AM
My List of Timothy B

The Shadow (my favorite
Parachute
I'm Not Angry Anymore
Every Song Is You
Don't Give Up
Secular Praise
Down Time
White Boy from Sacramento

02-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I am compliling the results of these threads for each band member out of curiousity (and because I'm anal). The following Tim solo songs are the top vote-getters from those of you who posted a list. Here's what I came up with ...

1. Every Song Is You
2. Parachute
3. The Shadow
4. Don't Give Up
5. Was It Just the Moonlight?
6. Secular Praise
7. Make You Feel My Love
8. Friday Night
9. Down By the River
10. Boys Night Out
11. Top of the Stairs
12. So Much In Love

If my math is correct, Every Song Is You, Parachute, and The Shadow made everyone's list. Anybody surprised by this list?

Prettymaid
02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Okay, don't shoot me, but The Shadow has never done anything for me. In its case I do not like the falsetto.

02-27-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm surprised, PM. I assumed you liked The Shadow since you voted for it to win Tim's Survivor game. But, we know what can happen when we assume. :blush: That is one of those Survivor games that sticks with me though because I really wanted Every Song Is You to win, but The Shadow won in a squeaker. I like the song a lot, but not nearly as much as ESIY.

I’m a little surprised that In Roxy's Eyes didn't make the list, although not totally shocked since that was also a very hotly contested song in the aforementioned Survivor game. For me personally, I'm disappointed about the omissions of Tell Me the Truth and White Boy From Sacramento in lieu of Don't Give Up and So Much In Love.

Prettymaid
02-27-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm surprised, PM. I assumed you liked The Shadow since you voted for it to win Tim's Survivor game. But, we know what can happen when we assume. :blush: That is one of those Survivor games that sticks with me though because I really wanted Every Song Is You to win, but The Shadow won in a squeaker. I like the song a lot, but not nearly as much as ESIY.

I voted for The Shadow over ESIY???!!!???

*going back to look now*

Prettymaid
02-27-2011, 11:01 PM
After going back to the Timothy Solo Song Survivor thread, I see that I did indeed vote for The Shadow to win. What happened was I didn't really have an emotional attachment to either song, so when I saw how close the game was I voted for the song that would put it at a tie. Then no votes came in after mine.

That Survivor game was the first time I had ever heard any of those songs. To be honest, with the exception of In Roxy's Eyes I didn't really care for any of the songs. Thank goodness Timothy put out Expando. I love just about every song on it!

sodascouts
02-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Yes, the terrible irony that someone who didn't even like The Shadow was the one put it on the winner's podium. That was a bitter pill to swallow for those who were emotionally invested in ESIY to win, I remember! Ah, I felt such anguish! :weep:But then I remembered that it was just a freaking game. lol

That was indeed an intense Survivor! In fact it was one of our most heated. We need to do another one with songs from Expando included. Hmm, how to work out which to include, how many to include...

Prettymaid
02-28-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm so sorry mine was the deciding vote. I voted early in the day and thought for sure that someone else would come along and break the tie. Looking back I probably shouldn't have played that game, but I did make a list and was playing the best I could with what was there. I just got excited about the closeness of the last round and decided to make it more exciting.

TimothyBFan
02-28-2011, 08:49 AM
To be honest, with the exception of In Roxy's Eyes I didn't really care for any of the songs.

Why don't you just take a knife to me and turn it!!! :sad: Really? You didin't like The Shadow or Every Song Is You or Down By The River? And Roxy's Eyes, as you already know, is one of my least favorites. Kinda strange huh?

02-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Well, PM – I have to say that I am quite fond of some of Tim’s solo work. Even with Expando, I still think Every Song Is You may be my very favorite, although I probably need to think about that some more. But after going back and reviewing that thread, now all the details come back to me about why that Survivor game sticks in my memory. I’m with Soda – it was a bitter blow for me to see a song that I really wanted to win end up losing in a tie. Ouch – that still hurts! :wink:

I also think it would be fun to do another “best of Tim” Survivor at some point in the future. (And PM, if we do, you'd better play! There's no rule that says you have to like the songs to play Survivor.) :-)

Prettymaid
02-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I also think it would be fun to do another “best of Tim” Survivor at some point in the future. (And PM, if we do, you'd better play! There's no rule that says you have to like the songs to play Survivor.) :-)

There may not be a rule but it's probably a good idea! :wink:

Again, I'm sorry to those who voted for ESIY and I'm also sorry it took this long for me to realize that I should have apologized sooner. :blush:

02-28-2011, 02:14 PM

Again, I'm sorry to those who voted for ESIY and I'm also sorry it took this long for me to realize that I should have apologized sooner. :blush:

OMG, PM - you don't need to apologize. As Soda said, it is just a game, and those of us that were crushed at the loss of our song have "survived" (pun intended). While it's true that my personal preference is that I don't like for a round to end in a tie - stuff happens. One vote never really makes or breaks a song, anyway. I try to be philosophical about it -if ESIY had gotten less previous votes than The Shadow, it would have won - them's the rules. Plain and simple! :thumbsup:

whitcap
02-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I've got all of Timothy's solo stuff. I like it a lot. :) I wasn't posting actively when y'all played the last "Best of Tim" survivor but if there's another one I'll definitely play :)

UK TimFan
02-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I am compliling the results of these threads for each band member out of curiousity (and because I'm anal). The following Tim solo songs are the top vote-getters from those of you who posted a list. Here's what I came up with ...

If my math is correct, Every Song Is You, Parachute, and The Shadow made everyone's list. Anybody surprised by this list?
Not in the least surprised about The Shadow and Parachute making everyone's list as they are my two very very most favourites, and both with very emotional ties. The Shadow because it was the first song I heard Tim sing live, and Parachute because of
'See that shiny plane up in the steel gray sky
Moving faster than the speed of sound'
and I always think of Concorde, which I would have loved to have flown in.

sodascouts
03-01-2011, 01:59 AM

Aw, please, don't trouble yourself over it. It's all in the game! You're sweet to be so contrite, but it's not necessary!

luvthelighthouse
03-06-2011, 11:06 PM
If I had to do a Best Of, I do not think I would include Parachute or The Shadow. Of course, there always has to be an odd man out.

Every Song Is You
Secular Praise
Have a Good Day
Friday Night
Downtime
Roxy's Eye's
Restrain (Yeah, it's Poco, but it's Timothy!)

As far as PM's vote on TBS Survivor. The first time I hear songs I can like one and dislike another right off the bat... however, as time goes on, I may change my mind... or gain greater appreciation of them. I remember my reaction like it was yesterday to WBFS. (Not in concert, but when I heard it in the car.) I was laughing and yelling, "I LOVE THIS SONG!" Yes, I still like it... but not like I did hearing it that first time in my car, driving down the expressway w/it blasting out the speakers.

I'm sure my list would be longer... but it would take some more thinking. The above just came to mind quickly.