PDA

View Full Version : Eagles, Acer Arena Sydney 6/12/10

Freypower
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
First of all Acer is a much bigger venue than the Entertainment Centre, so although I was front row it seemed that I was much further away. I was in front of Steuart so I had a very good view of him, as well as Will, Richard & the horn section. I had a good view of Joe but I was too far away from Glenn. This made me wish that I had taken more care with the photos on the first night but that cannot be helped now. While I did try to take photos the camera just won't do closeups even when I zoom it in & I had all the same problems I had before trying to get it to focus. There are a couple which I think are not too bad but I won't be able to load them until tomorrow.

I thought the atmosphere seemed a bit more relaxed on stage as if the band wanted to have a bit more fun. You could tell that by the looks they were giving each other. It's hard to remember which songs - there was a moment during LBG when Don gave Joe a big smile. Glenn did one smile after PEF I think which was a classic - it was like 'I'm good & I know I am'.

This was probably Don's best performance so far as he seemed really involved & committed. Unfortunately however, he was not on stage during RMW. The percussionist Roberto Chivara played his part. I didn't notice until halfway through the song & I was very disappointed. I suppose he was trying to save himself for Desperado as he said before BOML that he had a cold. However, after Desperado I was given a really nice, long smile from him which was full of appreciation (as opposed to Glenn, who I cannot get to come anywhere near me at the end). So that was worth the wait.

I got a sweet little smile from Joe during 'though I know you're not home' during BOS because I sort of shook my head at him. I made sure I watched his solos during LROOE & they are fantastic. He is such a crowd pleaser.

I hardly saw Tim all night so it was lucky I had already had my experiences with him. He was good as always. He shares the high parts in NMCD now. :eyebrow:

Glenn is Glenn (which means I will fall at his feet any chance I get). I had to wait for him to turn his head before I could even hope for any contact. I got it during 'anticipating' in Lyin' Eyes but there wasn't a great deal. He was on very good form vocally - he did a real growl in the first verse of Somebody which was great. He was wearing the same plaid shirt he wore in the second half last Tuesday - he didn't change it.

Before the show I had another conversation with the security guy who now knew who I was, & I said to him that I would really like a pick. Within minutes he came back & handed me a little pouch containing four picks (why does Tim need one) & I was so grateful. Now that is something I will cherish forever.

I am just sorry I can't give you more details on all of this! It's been a long ride.

tequila girl
12-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Brilliant Julie :thumbsup: and
Within minutes he came back & handed me a little pouch containing four picks (why does Tim need one) That is soooo cool! :partytime: Sad to hear Don's still suffering :-(

Wildthyme
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Very, very cool Julie. What an awesome thing to be given.

When touring with the boys of course Tim only plays bass but when he toured last year for Expando he did play other guitars and used picks then. However, I assume there is a Tim pick for the Eagles tour primarily so that he (or whomever) can give one out to people like us who want to collect them as mementos. I am still trying to get one... someday....probably from ebay :D

tbsfan
12-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Very, very cool Julie. What an awesome thing to be given.

When touring with the boys of course Tim only plays bass but when he toured last year for Expando he did play other guitars and used picks then. However, I assume there is a Tim pick for the Eagles tour primarily so that he (or whomever) can give one out to people like us who want to collect them as mementos. I am still trying to get one... someday....probably from ebay :D

Timothy uses a pick briefly during Life's Been Good (I think it's that one - it's one of Joe's songs) before throwing it into the audience.

Freypower
12-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Here are the photos. They could have been better. I wasn't really close enough.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22652522@N07/sets/72157625420488621

Also the battery went flat after Somebody! I promise that won't happen tonight! I will be five seats closer to the centre, but second row, as I said. That shouldn't stop me though.

sodascouts
12-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Wonderful that you got the picks! That is indeed a treasure.

Hope you have even more fun tonight!

GlennLover
12-07-2010, 01:54 AM
You still got some great shots, FP! Cool that you got the picks!

Koala
12-07-2010, 02:23 AM
It's so cool that you got the picks! Again fantastic photos, thank you so much!
And a big Thanks that you share your concert experiences so in detail with us!

TimothyBFan
12-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Wonderful!!! What a great guy that security guard is! We need a pic of the picks and pouch if you could please. Is the pouch anything special and are the picks updated for this leg of the tour? Pictures are great--sorry about not being able to get any closer to Glenn for pics.

Poor Don, sounds like this cold is hanging onfor the long run. Nurse Louise---you are needed in Australia!!

jdubfan
12-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Great stuff, love your reviews and pics. thanks!

Freypower
12-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Wonderful!!! What a great guy that security guard is! We need a pic of the picks and pouch if you could please. Is the pouch anything special and are the picks updated for this leg of the tour? Pictures are great--sorry about not being able to get any closer to Glenn for pics.

Poor Don, sounds like this cold is hanging onfor the long run. Nurse Louise---you are needed in Australia!!

I will scan them later. It is just a little plastic pouch. The picks say Eagles 2010 on one side & the band member's name on the other, although Joe's just says JW.

Freypower
12-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Here is the photo of the picks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/PicksFrom6DecShow.jpg

Koala
12-08-2010, 02:48 AM
They looks great!

What a nice reminder of the concerts, for you!

TimothyBFan
12-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Very cool. Are you going to display them in any way? Maybe with a couple of your pictures?

Brooke
12-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Fp, I'm way behind here and your review was wonderful. All the little tidbits that you can remember are so nice for us to hear about. Thanks so much for that and the pics. And that's so cool that you got the picks! Who knew you could just ask?! What a treasure for you!

sodascouts
12-08-2010, 02:43 PM
A richly deserved treasure. Even if you never get to see the Eagles again, you have sure ended with a bang. But hey, you never know...

Troubadour
12-08-2010, 03:37 PM

I'm already there. Hence my absence on The Border the past couple of days... (Okay, I lied. But I can dream!)

I hope he gets much better very soon.

Julie, I am thrilled for you. You've had a few fantastic nights! Revel in the attention you got, and look after those picks. What great mementos from the concerts.

Glennsallnighter
12-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Julie! Those picks are absolutely gorgeous. Well done on them. I'm delighted you are having such a wonderful series of concerts!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Julie - I am also really delighted for you that you had such a great time at all of your shows. And that is wonderful that you were able to get those picks. I know you will cherish the memories of these shows forever.

Freypower
12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Very cool. Are you going to display them in any way? Maybe with a couple of your pictures?

It's possible; a couple of the second night show photos possibly deserve to be put in a frame. If I do that I would have the picks put underneath a photo. I don't really want to just hide them away unseen.

Regarding 'just asking', Brooke, I wouldn't have asked if the security guy hadn't gone out of his way to talk to me those first three nights. By the third night I felt that suddenly he knew I was a genuinely devoted fan & that perhaps I could ask. (what I said was that I would really like 'a pick' meaning one of Glenn's; I didn't expect to get a pack of four). I didn't speak to him on the last night as I was a row behind but he was telling the people in front of me about his family. He had been with the Jonas Bros before coming on the Eagles tour.

Brooke
12-09-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm so happy for you that you got them and that you had such a great time at all the shows!

And a bit envious, too!

Stars
12-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Those are memories that will last a lifetime!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
12-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm late here Julie but I wanted to add my appreciation for your review and pictures. The picks are a treasure and I think it's a nice idea to display them in some way.