PDA

View Full Version : RIP Elizabeth Edwards

EagleLady
12-07-2010, 06:47 PM
She died at 61 after a long battle with Breast Cancer, RIP

TimothyBFan
12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Heard this yesterday. She fought hard to the very end. RIP.

WalshFan88
12-08-2010, 10:22 AM
RIP.

Stars
12-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Such a brave lady. May she rest in peace.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I admired the way that Elizabeth Edwards conducted herself with courage and grace during all of the turmoil she faced in the last few years of her life. I feel especially sad for her young children that she leaves behind. It's such a shame that her life was cut short by this terrible disease.

Prettymaid
12-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Dreamer, I couldn't have said it better.

AzEaglesFan
12-11-2010, 02:23 AM
They were saying on the news that some church members are going to hold a protest at her funeral but I never did understand why they would do that or what it is that they are protesting. Her poor children. They said they have a right to protest and are protected by "freedom of speech".

MikeA
12-11-2010, 06:58 AM
They were saying on the news that some church members are going to hold a protest at her funeral but I never did understand why they would do that or what it is that they are protesting. Her poor children. They said they have a right to protest and are protected by "freedom of speech".

We satisfy our endless needs
And justify our bloody deeds
In the name of destiny
And in the name of God

And you can see them there on Sunday morning
They stand up and sing about what it's like up there
They call it paradise; I don't know why
You call someplace paradise, kiss it goodbye

It is not Religion with a Capital "R" sanctifying what these idiots are doing. It is not even the Baptist denomination justifying it. It's just bottled up Hatred but I am surprised that it carried over to the non-military funerals. They simply must make a scene about anyone and anything whose beliefs or actions represent something they are against. In this case, abortion, gay rights and divorce. The stand they take is so much one established on closed logic loops. Here they are with Ms Edwards specifically damning her for putting up with a "whoring husband" and suffering cancer because of God's retaliation for her error yet they condemn her for divorcing that "whoring husband". Go Figure.

May the counter protesters completely isolate the funeral from the Church group and if it should turn violent, well may the numbers of the counter protest lay low the self-righteous. This is one instance of "Freedom of Speech" getting completely out of hand.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, I turned on CNN to get some information about the funeral of Elizabeth Edward's and, fortunately, they are giving these 'protesters" very little mention. I hope other news stations are following their lead.

sodascouts
12-11-2010, 03:19 PM
These are a handful of extremists, but the press coverage they get makes them sound like some kind of "movement." I hope this time they don't get the coverage they crave either, which is the only reason they're doing this. What do they hope to accomplish? Christ instructs us to spread the Gospel, not spread hate. These people will have a lot to account for one day when they face the God they claim to represent.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them." - Matthew 7:15-16