PDA

View Full Version : Perth, Australia 12-10-2010

Koala
12-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Here a review from the concert in Perth

The Eagles take fans on trip down memory lane

SIX years after their 'farewell' concert in Perth, California country rockers The Eagles returned for a generous three hour feast of hits and memories.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/the-eagles-take-fans-on-trip-down-memory-lane/story-e6frg30c-1225969405355

Koala
12-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Rocky Mountain Way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jn_CCyqBqA

Freypower
12-11-2010, 09:21 PM
OK review, but all the complaints about cameras....they must have been using a flash. My flash was turned off & I received no warnings at any show. What a bunch of whiners Australians can be. The comment in the review about the new material not bearing comparison with the old stuff is plain lazy & uninformed.

A comment further down mentions that there were no hassles in Sydney & it was all very relaxed. It certainly was. I don't know why Perth suddenly changed. Perhaps I was lucky, in which case I am exceedingly grateful. Perhaps the band didn't want to deal with people like me again but I repeat, my flash was off. If I upset the band I'm sorry, but they honestly didn't seem upset.

As for the comment about Don Felder I just feel sorry for people like that. Or should I say that after nearly 10 years the absence of Felder will not necessarily be mentioned in reviews now.

sodascouts
12-11-2010, 11:43 PM
The Eagles have stated repeatedly that they find non-flash photography acceptable. However, most of the devices that take photos can also take video, and the Eagles find video unacceptable. Perhaps the guards were overzealously trying to ensure no filming took place by harassing anyone who held up a phone or camera. That, of course, presumes all the guards clearly understood the band's desires in the first place (something that isn't always the case).

Koala
12-12-2010, 04:50 AM
PHOTOS (http://www.perthnow.com.au/gallery-e6frg3mc-1225969401345?page=1) from Perth Concert! Unfortunately no one from Don!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Wow - those are great, especially of Joe!

AzEaglesFan
12-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Was Perth an out door concert?? In the photos of Timothy and Joe they look a little wind blown but that IS NOT a complaint. Great photos and they look handsome as always.

Freypower
12-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Yes, NIB Stadium used to be Perth Oval & is outdoors. Their other main venue, Subiaco Oval where the band played in 2004, is also outdoors.

Koala
12-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Another review:
Eagles fly in Perth return

http://www.inmycommunity.com.au/going-out/gig-guide/Eagles-fly-in-Perth-return/7578916/

Prettymaid
12-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Another reviewer complaining about the band's stoic-ness. That is my only problem wih their shows. Sometimes you can't tell if they're having a good time, which probably means they're not. But when they are on they are spot on!

This line grabbed me.

Life in the Fast Lane was the closest one can imagine to a guitar symphony orchestra, as the musicians smashed the riffs out of the stadium.

Freypower
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Though the group were able to play all of their greatest hits (and there are many of them), the show seemed to lack the editing and arrangement detail that is usually required in a tighter performance.

What on earth does this mean? Editing & arrangement of what, exactly?

It would appear that it is not the second half of the show that needs looking at, contrary to my own beliefs. I maintain that the band is not to blame for the apathetic audiences (isn't it ironic that before the tour I said to Borderers 'ignore the reviews because they won't reflect the excitement of the audience'). I think there should be a complete review of the setlist from start to finish, but it won't happen. I notice that the review said HC was played 'six or so songs in'. Does this mean that BBF & GOTC were brought back, because after only one show in Sydney HC was the third song.

I still say they are right to play new songs at the beginning of each set.

Freypower
12-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh, by the way: the sainted U2 are also facing the dreaded Australian apathy, apparently:

Good show. Loved the claw. I felt that the crowd were quite dead and Bono was having trouble revving them up. By the end we got the impression that he was starting to get annoyed by the lack of enthusiasm. People weren't standing up in their seats, just sitting back with their arms crossed.

I was so annoyed with the crowd last night, it was a great concert for me, a awesome (if not a bit overwhelming) stage set up, I loved the sound, Bono's singing was the best I have heard from the last three concerts, but the crowd seemed like they were too cool to clap and cheer. I felt the band were getting annoyed and a bit confused with the lack of reaction. If your going on Friday, pls go nuts for them so they come back again!

Not only that 'everything he said was scripted'. Sounds like someone we know.....

I post this merely to illustrate that Australians are very, very hard to please. Most of the time.

Troubadour
12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Wow, those pictures are fantastic. Love the one where Joe is looking right at the camera. Wish there was one of Don, though!