PDA

View Full Version : Riddle

MikeA
12-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Okay Y'all, who is this, what song and what album

http://mvabercrombie.net/Waah%20Waah.mp3

Miles heard it tonight while I had music going on my computer and went NUTS over it! It took me forever to find it. I was playing on shuffle.

There is a story behind it, but I can't remember all of it nor can I recall where I heard or read about it. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

whitcap
12-14-2010, 11:23 PM
There's a song on Sole Pole Volume 3 called "Flock of waa-waas". Here's Soda's page (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/trade/eaglessoulpole3.htm) on it.

ETA: I just went listen to LBG and sure enough there it was. I wonder what the thing on the Soul Pole tape is then :hmm: Soul Pole 3 was recorded in 76 and 77 so it may be the same thing. I don't have the Soul Pole tapes so I don't know for sure

WalshFan88
12-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Joe Walsh. Life's Been Good. But Seriously Folks. Bill Szymczyk and a few others joined in. It was at the end of the song.

MikeA
12-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Right! I searched for probably an hour for it thinking it was a separate cut on one of Joe's releases. I have a playlist of nothing but Walsh and Miles loves Joe. Finally, I started looking at the ends of the songs rather than at the beginning and finally found it.

I'd heard and I can't remember where, the the guys were playing a prank on Joe. Joe didn't know they were recording the song. There is more to it than that, but I just can't remember it all.

WalshFan88
12-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Right! I searched for probably an hour for it thinking it was a separate cut on one of Joe's releases. I have a playlist of nothing but Walsh and Miles loves Joe. Finally, I started looking at the ends of the songs rather than at the beginning and finally found it.

I'd heard and I can't remember where, the the guys were playing a prank on Joe. Joe didn't know they were recording the song. There is more to it than that, but I just can't remember it all.

Usually radio airplay cuts out the "wa-was" funny part... I actually quite like that part of the song!