PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary to The Border!

sodascouts
12-15-2010, 01:22 AM
On this day in 2006, our old private board "Flip City" was refurbished and opened to the public as "The Border"!

When I opened the board with a few fellow fans, I had no idea how many special people I'd meet here or how much it would come to mean to me... that it would not just be a place where I could meet fellow fans, but a place where I could make close friends.

Thank you to those who post here and make this place such a great community.
:computer:

:grouphug:
:computer:

^
(This board has also allowed me to hone my use of graphics - see my nuanced and sophisticated emoticon illustration of our community above! ;) )

WalshFan88
12-15-2010, 01:47 AM
Let me be the first to say...

Happy Anniversary!

Freypower
12-15-2010, 02:06 AM
And I will be second; as I heard 'Somebody' say recently it is a 'distinct pleasure' to have been here from the beginning. :partytime:

tequila girl
12-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Happy Anniversary to The Border

I'm so Glad you decided to "Go Public" Nancy! :nod: :D :yay:

Midnight_Flyer
12-15-2010, 07:10 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :partytime: :cheers:

i love it here :D

MikeA
12-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Good place to hang out. Surprised at the amount of time I spend here. With that said, I am not surprised at the number of people I've met here that I consider friends. While Eagles people are "just people" they tend to be the kind of people that I like to hang out with and this forum DOES draw Eagles Fans!

Kudos to you Nancy and all the rest of you who make this board all that it is!
:yay:

TimothyBFan
12-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Ditto what everyone else has already said!! I've made so many friends here and I can't even remember what I did with the computer before I discovered The Border! ;-) Love spending time here and getting to know my fellow Eagles lovers.

Thank you Nancy for all you do. Here's to many, many years to come. http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

Midnight_Flyer
12-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Thank you Nancy for all you do. Here's to many, many years to come. http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

i totally agree :D :D :D :D

Prettymaid
12-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Awww, I'm getting all emotional! :ack:

Nancy, thank you so, so much for creating The Border. I think I speak for almost everyone here when I say that it is a huge part of our everyday lives (sometimes to the point of head-shaking wonder to our SO's). ;-)

:fingerwag: And don't be making fun of the emoticons. :D I figure they have helped me out numerous times in getting the 'right' point across. :lol:

Koala
12-15-2010, 10:20 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Thanky you so much for all you do here for us!

http://smilies-smilies.de/smilies/schilderII_smilies/thenkju.gif

I really love the Border with all his nice members!

Brooke
12-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Awwww, thanks from me, too, Nancy! What a wonderful place for Eagles Lovers around the world! :applause: :applause:

I'm so glad to have come to know so many of you here and count you as friends even though I've only met a couple of ya! :grouphug:

And I have to second what Pm said about our s.o's wondering what in the world we have to talk about here and the head shaking! Besides doing a bit of shopping on the net, this place consumes most of my time on the computer! And I love every minute!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Happy Borderversary to The Border!!!

Once again, thanks to Nancy for all of the endless hours of hard work and money spent on The Border and all of the Eagles Online Central sites! You have created a great site for Eagles fans and I am proud to be associated with it.

And also a big thank you to our members who contribute your thoughts, knowledge, time, and money to keep this such a fun, caring, active, and informative online community. It make me proud to be an Eagles fan as well.

Borderers ROCK!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

whitcap
12-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Happy anniversary to The Border. When I first signed up I had no idea I would spend so much time here. I didn't post a lot at first but now I'm on the site every day! :computer: I've made several friends through this site. :grouphug: Its great to have a place to talk with other Eagles fans. :)

Troubadour
12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Happy Anniversary to The Border!

Here's to many more years of fun, friendship and er... drooling over Eagles pics.

Love you guys.

:cheers: :grouphug:

EagleLady
12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Happy Anniversary to The Border! and Thanks to Nancy and Company, without you guys I wouldn't have a place to chitter chat about The Eagles

Midnight_Flyer
12-15-2010, 08:08 PM
When I first signed up I had no idea I would spend so much time here. I didn't post a lot at first but now I'm on the site every day!

same here :D

cheryl
12-15-2010, 11:56 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I want to thank you for this site. It is the first thing I go to when logged on. Need to catch up on a lot;have been away from my computer and need to read the Australia reviews, etc. Since I found this sight in March 2009 don't know what I'd do without it. Appreciate all your hard work.

GlennLover
12-16-2010, 12:04 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE BORDER!
Thank you so much Nancy & all the other who have contributed to the creation & administration of this site. You don't know how much I appreciate all your hard work. I feel that my fellow Borderers are my friends even though I haven't met most of you!

EasyFeeling
12-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Happy Anniversary to the Border !!!

Thanks to Nancy for running this site and all the other people who makes this place special. I haven't been much on lately, busy with other "obsessions" LOL But I hope this will change soon as I read the ticket alert for Germany :partytime: I already feel the Eagles fever coming back LOL

AzEaglesFan
12-17-2010, 12:53 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE BORDER.
Keep up the good work Nancy. I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and the pictures are the best you can find.:partytime::thumbsup:

Stars
12-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Happy Anniversary to the Border! Like so many of you, I love coming here, even though I may not post all that often.
Thanks, Nancy, for all your hard work and for making this such a welcoming community of Eagles fans.
To quote Neil Young "Long May You Run"!!:thumbsup: