PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Southampton, UK

Annabel
01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a few days reading all the threads before popping in to say hello. As fast as I catch up I find loads more. :brickwall: :hilarious:

I have to say straight out that I haven't seen the Eagles live...........yet!!! In fact I only got back into them more after LROE came out. :fear: (I have 12" vinyl albums from years ago but nothing working to play them on.) Things started getting worse recently and now I have almost all their albums on cd and almost all of Don Henley's too after this Christmas. My DH (hubby) thinks I am mad :hilarious: but I don't care. I just have 3 albums to go to have the lot. I have all the DVDs. :D

Really hoping that they tour in the UK this summer. I will be going to any London concert, I have already given warning :partytime: Besides my 13 year old DD needs to learn what good music is, and is happy to come with me. :eyebrow: Not my 11 year old's thing apparently, nor my DH's. :-(

Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you. :thumbsup:

tequila girl
01-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi and Welcome from me :) This is a great place to be.....but you'll have to prepare your family for abandonment! :hilarious:

Really hoping that they tour in the UK this summer. I will be going to any London concert, I have already given warning :partytime:

Me too.....I'll see you there! :partytime: :partytime:

ticky
01-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi Annabel and welcome to the BEST site on the internet for an Eagles fan and you definitely sound like an Eagles fan! Good for you! I really hope you get a chance to see our boys in the UK. Im in Oregon and Im praying they do another round on the West Coast. I'll travel!! *G* I took my daughter (now 20) to her first Eagles concert back in '02, now she's sure she's way too cool for our guys, but she had a good start and Im hoping she returns from the dark side (She does still wear her concert tee from that show so there is still hope.)
There is lots to see and read here. Have fun!! and Welcome!

Brooke
01-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Welcome to The Border, Annabel! Love your name and am glad you decided to join in. It sounds like you are well on your way to loving the Eagles as much as some of us around here! Just look around, there's lots to do here!

Glad to have ya!

Prettymaid
01-05-2011, 09:23 PM
As fast as I catch up I find loads more. :brickwall: :hilarious: ...

Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you. :thumbsup:

Hi Annabel! I've been here for two and a half years and that's still a problem for me! :hilarious:

Looking forward to chatting with you too. This is a great bunch of people.

EaglesFanatic
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Welcome from me too! I think you will enjoy it here on the border :)

WalshFan88
01-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Welcome! :)

sodascouts
01-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Welcome Annabel! Hope you like it here!

Koala
01-06-2011, 03:17 AM
Welcome from me as well! :)

Annabel
01-06-2011, 03:38 AM
:partytime: Thank you all for the lovely welcome. :thumbsup: Off to see what y'all been chatting about since my last visit. :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
01-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Welcome Annabel!! Hope you enjoy joining in with us here on The Border!!

MikeA
01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
While I can't really imagine living with someone who doesn't eat the Eagles up, I can stretch far enough to extend condolences <LOL> My kids didn't have any choice. I made sure that their musical diet was well balanced...Eagles, Joe Walsh, Eagles, Hendrix, Eagles, Joplin, Eagles and Clapton. Did I mention Eagles?. Oh, same thing with the grandkids!

Anyway, welcome to the madness here. All sins are absolved in advance and "freckle counting" is allowed for you ladies...and you guys too I recon if your record spins that direction.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Welcome from me as well, Annabel. Glad you found us and hope you join right in here on The Border. One thing is for sure - we definitely do a lot of chatting about the Eagles here. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-09-2011, 05:43 AM
YAY!!! Another Don Henley fan!! Welcome Annabel!! Glad you found us here!!

Troubadour
01-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi Annabel - welcome to The Border! Good to have another female from my neck of the woods. I'm in Hampshire, too (born in Southampton!) Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Annabel
01-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Oh yes Don Henley :nahnah::nahnah::nahnah:

:thumbsup: I moved along the coast. Originally born in Brighton but my DH is from here and was in the Royal Navy when we met, hence my move here. I do like it now. :laugh:

Glennsallnighter
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi from Dublin Annabel! Not a million miles away. And let me say I too hope that they return to these shores this summer too. If they go to London I just might pop over! My 9 year old daughter is a big fan as well and we catch all the gigs we can!

Annabel
01-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Thanks. Your DD has great taste. (Unlike mine :rolleyes:) But I aim to work on her ;-) :nod: