PDA

View Full Version : Hi from New Zealand

EaglesKiwi
01-07-2011, 02:48 AM
Kia Ora and hello to you all from New Zealand. I wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome when I just popped up with my 10-cents worth on a message board - I kept meaning to introduce myself but then found photos and... lots more stuff that I keep looking through!

At 39 I've literally grown up with the Eagles but never really got my head around all the songs being from the one band... it wasn't until 2001 when I first saw the Hell Freezes Over DVD that I realised how much they've done, how much I liked them and how fabulous they are!

A couple of DVDs and several CDs later...

I was very fortunate to be able to travel to Melbourne with my DH (NO KIDS!!) to see them a couple of weeks ago (have posted on that).

Looking forward to talking with more people who appreciate just how great this music is :computer:

sodascouts
01-07-2011, 03:10 AM
Hello again Kiwi! You know, I have a friend who lives in New Zealand. His name is Rene. We met when I served as his assistant for a while at Purdue University (he's blind). We would hang out every now and then, occasionally going to dinner together, but his funding ran out and he had to go back to NZ.

He told me that when he was about 16, he started to lose his vision due to a problem with his optic nerve. The doctor told him he was going blind and there was nothing that could be done to stop it - and that he only had a few weeks, maybe months, before he lost his sight entirely. He told me that once he realized he only had weeks of sight left, he spent most of his time trying to memorize the natural beauty of his home - the hues of the sea, the sky, the flowers, the trees - so he could see them in his mind when he could no longer see them with his eyes. He described them to me very vividly and one day, I hope to visit New Zealand and see its beauty for myself.

MikeA
01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Welcome Kiwi!

I've met so many wonder people from New Zealand and Australia. Must be something in the climate down there that turns people into premier connoisseurs of good music!

Brooke
01-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Welcome to The Border Kiwi! Glad you found us! Very cool that you got to see them in Melbourne recently. We'd love to hear all about your experience. Do you have a favorite?

Ive always been a dreamer
01-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Welcome from me as well, EK. Glad you decided to join us here on The Border. I'm also so happy that you were able to see the band in Melbourne. Please feel free to tell us about it here as often as you feel like it. This is one place where folks will never tire of hearing you relive your Eagles concert experiences. :thumbsup:

Koala
01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Welcome Kiwi! Hope you enjoy it here!

Prettymaid
01-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Officially welcoming you here EK. I've read your posts and you're going to fit in j-u-u-u-st fine! :nod:

Freypower
01-08-2011, 12:54 AM
EK, Kia Ora from Down Under. How nice it is to have another Southern Hemisphere Borderer! I'm glad you enjoyed their show in Melbourne as much as I did mine in Sydney.

EaglesKiwi
01-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to many happy hours here!

Suzanne
:grin:

Peekaboo
01-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Welcome from me too, EK!!! So cool that you got to see the guys in Melbourne recently.

WalshFan88
01-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Welcome!!!!! :)

Troubadour
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Welcome to The Border! Great to have you around.