PDA

View Full Version : Bob Seger

Pages : [1] 2

jdubfan
01-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Ol' Rapid Robert has (kinda) committed to a tour starting in March. Another one of my favorite singer/songwriters, and featuring great sax player Alto Reed. I saw him in the 80s and again during his Face The Promise tour of a few years ago. A fantastic performer, and a seemingly good-guy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-seger-hints-a-tour-is-in-the-works-20110126

The Mountain audio only, has Bob trading licks with some guitar player dude who sounds familiar....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1RGSZqKaB4

Ive always been a dreamer
01-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for posting that, Deb. Bob is also on my "bucket" list of shows to see. I would love for him to schedule something in the Mid-Atlantic.

Molly
01-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I just saw this in the newspaper tonight. I'm hopeful and excited! Saw him in 2006 and he was fantastic!

dreamer, I hope you get a chance to see him - he will not disappoint.

Freypower
01-28-2011, 11:18 PM
I wish he'd come to Australia. I think he is a great singer-songwriter. I also wish that he would work with Glenn again someday.

sodascouts
01-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Cool! Maybe I'll get a chance to see him, too.

WalshFan88
01-29-2011, 12:56 AM
I heard about the Seger tour today too... If he comes to Peoria or Springfield or somewhere close, I will be there.

Brooke
01-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Me, too!

Freypower
03-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Bob Seger's tour has started:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/14258-bob-seger-gets-back-on-the-road

The setlist includes my four least favourite songs from my least favourite of his albums; namely Her Strut, Good For Me, Betty Lou's Gettin' Out Tonight & The Horizontal Bop from Against The Wind. I'm not a big fan of Come To Poppa or Sunspot Baby either. Oh well. :confused:

sodascouts
03-31-2011, 10:07 PM
I love "Against the Wind" - I've loved it ever since I first heard it on the Forrest Gump soundtrack. I love it even more knowing Glenn is on it!

Freypower
03-31-2011, 10:58 PM
But Glenn is also on Shame On The Moon (from The Distance), which is much better in my opinion.

sodascouts
03-31-2011, 11:12 PM
I like "Shame on the Moon" well enough, although it takes a while to become interesting. The verses plod a bit and the only part I really like is the two-line chorus. "Against the Wind" on the other hand has an emotional power that "Shame on the Moon" doesn't. It has that drama that I love in a song. For me, "Against the Wind" is beautiful and moving and "Shame on the Moon" is just alright.

Of course it's all subjective - those are just my impressions.

Brooke
04-05-2011, 03:16 PM
I love "Against the Wind" - I've loved it ever since I first heard it on the Forrest Gump soundtrack. I love it even more knowing Glenn is on it!

My favorite too. Love it. I like Shame on the Moon, too, but ATW really gets me. I also love Like A Rock, which I don't see on the set list. Lots of other good ones are. Hubby loves Betty Lou.

We're thinking of going to see him. I may have to give up Stevie and Rod in hopes of seeing her solo and going to see Bob instead. Can't do it all ya know!

Troubadour
04-05-2011, 03:28 PM
One of my FB friends is going to see Bob tonight in concert... she's super excited!

Prettymaid
04-05-2011, 09:21 PM
He's coming to Indy, but my concert dance card is full right now. In fact, if I remember correctly, he's playing Indy on May 6, same day as my Jackson Browne show in Peoria. :inlove:

Brooke
04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I know. Bob plays KC on the 5th. I know hubby will choose Bob over Jackson when given the choice. And I don't think I can handle back to back trips to concerts. :sad:

04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Okay - I think I'll do a bit of whining now. How come none of the guys that I want to see aren't coming anywhere near me. I'm harmless ... really, I am. :ack:

tequila girl
04-06-2011, 06:11 PM
It's too late to be protesting your innocence now......your reputation has obviously preceded you! :laugh:

Prettymaid
04-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Okay - I think I'll do a bit of whining now. How come none of the guys that I want to see aren't coming anywhere near me. I'm harmless ... really, I am. :ack:

They've heard you bite. ;)

Brooke
04-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I was just reading up on Bob and saw he has this old video on his site, along with several others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2aBOTNGWMY

I was secretly hoping for a glimpse of young Glenn Frey, but knew it wouldn't happen. Darn!

cheryl
05-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Saw Bob Seger in Indianapolis Saturday night. He sang 25 songs in about 2hrs and 15 min (incl intermission). He had 7 band members, 4 horns and 3 women backup singers. Good show even if the music was too loud sometimes. The crowd was super and stood up most of the night. The security people didn't stop anyone from filming or taking pictures. Bob forgot the words during "TURN THE PAGE". Everyone was singing along with him. Then he skipped from the 1st verse to the 3rd. After singing the first line he realized what he did. The crowd kept on singing the 2nd verse. He started to laugh and said "I have never done that before. I guess that's what happens when you're 66." He kept playing the entire time he was talking and then after the sax part , finished the song. One more thing; our GUYS look great in the photos in the other post from the City of Hope show; Bob Seger-looked really tired and out of shape. The only song I wanted to hear that he left out was "Still The Same"

cheryl
05-09-2011, 03:17 AM
This is a follow-up to my previous post. Just checked the Indianapolis Star website. They decided to send their entertainment reporter to do a review of Bob Seger's show. I guess the paper didn't think THE EAGLES were not worthy when they were here in October 2010. I know there were a few more people to see the Eagles. By the way, my seat was on the floor ,row 15,dead center. Could see most of the time, except when the tall guys a few rows closer stood up.

Brooke
05-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Sounds great cheryl. I so wanted to go see him in KC last week, but couldn't. I'm in wedding mode and everything else has to wait. I hope he tours again next year.

05-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the review Cheryl. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. But, I would have been bombed by the omission of Still the Same too. It's one of my favorties. As I said before, I'd love to see Bob, but he won't come anywhere near me. I totally missed this before and just saw PM's post with an explanation that she wrote earlier in this thread ...

They've heard you bite. ;)

Well - what can I say ... they could be right! :lol:

sodascouts
05-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the review - too bad Seger hasn't aged as well as our guys, but few have!

05-10-2011, 12:21 PM
There was some discussion about Bob in another thread, but I thought I'd make my comments here in his thread. Against the Wind is probably my all time favorite Bob Seger song. I love everything about it. Thought some of you may be interested in what Bob had to say about the song in the liner notes of his greatest hits CD.

My old friend, Glenn Frey of the Eagles, had an idea that our guitarist Drew Abbott should play along with the piano solo. He and I then went out and did the background vocals together. The line "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then" bothered me for the longest time but everyone I knew loved it so I left it in. It has since appeared in several hits by other artists, so I guess it's o.k.

I agree Bob - good idea to leave that line in cause it's one of the great ones in the song! :thumbsup: Here is the video again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDCvQbOdig

So I thought I'd list my top 5 Seger songs ...

1. Against the Wind
2. Still the Same
3. Old Time Rock & Roll
4. We've Got Tonight
5. Night Moves

Against the Wind features Glenn on harmonies and Still the Same is alledged to have been written about him. But, honestly, these were my favorites even before I knew this. I guess it's no accident though. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the trivia, dreamer. I didn't realize Glenn had thought of that guitar accompaniment to the piano solo. It works great.

Brooke
05-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Well, dreamer (my twin!) thanks so much for that video. That is also my favorite Bob song. It just gets me every time I hear it! I'd forgotten that Glenn did harmonies. Just another reason to love it more! :inlove:

And thanks for the liner notes, too. Very cool! :cool:

Freypower
05-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Against The Wind is actually my LEAST favourite Seger album. My favourite track from it is not the title track or Fire Lake, but No Man's Land.

Top 10:

1. Night Moves
2. Shame On The Moon (Glenn)
3. Turn The Page
4. Beautiful Loser
5. Hollywood Nights
6. Katmandu
7. Mainstreet
8. Roll Me Away
9. Still The Same
10. Old Time Rock'n'Roll

Honourable mentions: Ship Of Fools, No Man's Land, Rock'n'Roll Never Forgets, Till It Shines (which Glenn plays on), Brave Strangers.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Woo Hoo!! Got tickets to see Seger on Nov. 19. Guess I'll go to Pittsburgh for the concert and just stay up there the whole week for Thanksgiving. I'm very excited. Seger was the first concert I ever went to (1979 or 80) and I'm hoping I'll remember it this time.

sodascouts
09-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Cool! Have fun!

Henley Honey
09-26-2011, 01:24 PM
He's playing Madison Square Garden on December 1st, but so far no luck with decent seats. I'll keep tryin, though, cause I love him too!

Brooke
09-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Great! He's another one I'd love to see. Be sure to tell us all about it! :thumbsup:

Lisa
09-26-2011, 06:23 PM
I saw Bob Seger perform with his band on the "Night Moves" tour in 1977, and he was such a dynamo! On stage, Bob Seger's an always-moving, energetic, charismatic and soulful performer. My favorites from the Seger collection are:

1). Katmandu
2). Beautiful Loser
3). Still the Same
4). Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
5). Night Moves
6). Turn The Page
7). Rock'n'Roll Never Forgets
8. Old Time Rock'n' Roll
9). Against the Wind
10). Main Street

When he became a star with hits from all of his new albums, I was overjoyed. I felt that I'd seen someone who should be counted with the rock'n'roll greats.

Two more songs not to be missed: Heavy Music, and Hollywood Nights.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-20-2011, 08:17 PM
I went to the Seger concert in Pittsburgh last night and let me tell you, this man still knows how to rock it out! There was an opening band (Joe Grushecky), and Seger played for about two hours (including two encores). He played Little Drummer Boy live for the first time ever, telling the crowd they'd 'see how it goes'.

I didn't try to memorize the set list. We didn't have the best seats, but the crowd was on their feet from the first song. The audience participation was incredible, and like with the Eagles, the number of people in their twenties and thirties, singing along with every song was incredible. He did some covers of other's songs, including Little Richard's Hey Hey Hey Hey.

Here's a review of the concert for those interested:
http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/11324/1191381-388.stm

Prettymaid
11-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks VA. I always liked Bob Seger and would like to see him someday.

TimothyBFan
11-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Me too, PM. I've never seen him but love all his stuff and have all his albums. He would be great.

Glad you enjoyed it, VA.

11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Me three! As I said in another thread, he's definitely on my "bucket list".

Henley Honey
11-21-2011, 02:05 PM
I went to the Seger concert in Pittsburgh last night and let me tell you, this man still knows how to rock it out! There was an opening band (Joe Grushecky), and Seger played for about two hours (including two encores). He played Little Drummer Boy live for the first time ever, telling the crowd they'd 'see how it goes'.

I didn't try to memorize the set list. We didn't have the best seats, but the crowd was on their feet from the first song. The audience participation was incredible, and like with the Eagles, the number of people in their twenties and thirties, singing along with every song was incredible. He did some covers of other's songs, including Little Richard's Hey Hey Hey Hey.

Here's a review of the concert for those interested:
http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/11324/1191381-388.stm

I'm going to his Madison Square Garden show on 12/1 so I'll try & get the set list down. Got good floor seats - center section so I'm psyched. I've never seen him before, but have loved his music for -- dare I say -- decades!!

Brooke
11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Me four! Thanks Va!

I'm hoping to see him in St. Louis in a couple weeks! I've always loved his songs and am so hoping to get good seats. I wasn't home the day they went on sale, so am patiently waiting for something good to drop. :pray:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-21-2011, 03:55 PM
When I went to see the Eagles in Vegas a couple weeks ago, the ticket said no cameras, and they went through bags, etc. Yet they allowed pictures, even from real cameras. However, my Seger ticket said nothing about cameras, but they had signs on the doors. They let us in with cameras but would not let us use them. Cell phones could be used to take pics, but not 'rea'l cameras. Just a warning for anyone thinking about going!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-02-2011, 01:46 AM
HH went to the concert in MSG earlier tonight and it sounds like it was quite a show. I'll let her post the deets, but I don't think I'm speaking to her anymore, I'M THAT JEALOUS!

TimothyBFan
12-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Well this sounds intriguing!!!!

Brooke
12-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Do tell! Please!

TimothyBFan
12-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I know what it was!!!!! :nahnah: Just heard about it on Sirius Classic Rewind. I won't let the cat out of the bag tho. (Hint: I know of a few people here that would of loved it--not me tho.)

Prettymaid
12-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Hmmmm, sounds like maybe a surprise guest??? Guess I'll have to wait to find out since you two aren't gossiping! :hilarious:

Brooke
12-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Hmmmmm.

All this talk about Bob and I haven't found any decent tickets for next week yet. I'm trying hard though! I want to see him bad!

HH, we need details! Hurry!

Freypower
12-02-2011, 05:35 PM
You can find out who it was easily enough at rollingstone.com.

Brooke
12-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I read a review. I really wanted to hear more about Bob!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-02-2011, 06:33 PM
HH must still be recovering...

Henley Honey
12-02-2011, 07:32 PM
No, VA - not recovering. I had to work! I tried to get the day off but couldn't swing it.

I've been to a lot of concerts at Madison Square Garden --probably 30 or 40 over the last 25 years, but I have never, EVER seen the entire arena on their feet for 2 1/2 hours as I did last night. Bob Seger was PHENOMENAL, stupendous, energetic, and spot-on fabulous.
He sounded great and he really worked the stage and the crowd. His horn section could give ANY band's a run for their money, including the Eagles. His three back up singers were soulful and rockin'.

He played all of his hits -- Roll me away, Tryin to Live My Life Without You, Fire Down Below, Mainstreet, Beautiful Loser, We've Got Tonight, Come to Poppa, Her Strut, Turn the Page, Sunspot Baby, Katmandu, Against the Wind, Hollywood Nights, Night Moves and Rock & Roll never forgets -- and more.

About five songs in he announced that he wanted to bring out a "special guest" and I was sooooooo hoping it would be Glenn, but it turned out to be Bruce Springsteen. They did Old Time Rock and Roll. The crowd went absolutely crazy. If they weren't standing before -- they were then. We were in the 13th row on the floor and didn't sit the entire night. I went home with aching feet, ringing in my ears & a great big smile on my face.

If you have the opportunity to see him you really have to make every effort to do so. I really cannot recommend it enough. I'm definitely going again. On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 20.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-02-2011, 08:01 PM
No, VA - not recovering. I had to work! I tried to get the day off but couldn't swing it.

I've been to a lot of concerts at Madison Square Garden --probably 30 or 40 over the last 25 years, but I have never, EVER seen the entire arena on their feet for 2 1/2 hours as I did last night. Bob Seger was PHENOMENAL, stupendous, energetic, and spot-on fabulous.
He sounded great and he really worked the stage and the crowd. His horn section could give ANY band's a run for their money, including the Eagles. His three back up singers were soulful and rockin'.

He played all of his hits -- Roll me away, Tryin to Live My Life Without You, Fire Down Below, Mainstreet, Beautiful Loser, We've Got Tonight, Come to Poppa, Her Strut, Turn the Page, Sunspot Baby, Katmandu, Against the Wind, Hollywood Nights, Night Moves and Rock & Roll never forgets -- and more.

About five songs in he announced that he wanted to bring out a "special guest" and I was sooooooo hoping it would be Glenn, but it turned out to be Bruce Springsteen. They did Old Time Rock and Roll. The crowd went absolutely crazy. If they weren't standing before -- they were then. We were in the 13th row on the floor and didn't sit the entire night. I went home with aching feet, ringing in my ears & a great big smile on my face.

If you have the opportunity to see him you really have to make every effort to do so. I really cannot recommend it enough. I'm definitely going again. On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 20.

So your experience was about the same as mine. OK, well, better, we didn't get The Boss. But I admit, I've looked over his schedule trying to find a way to go to another.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-02-2011, 08:12 PM
A friend told me about this article last night and I finally read it. From a week ago, and it mentions Bruce. A teeny tiny Glenn mention.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/music-events/bob-seger-and-the-silver-bullet-band,1216134/critic-review.html

Freypower
12-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Shame On The Moon is 'Springsteenish' because Roy Bittan is on it? I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. If anything, it has a slightly Eagles feel to it because of Glenn's beautiful harmonies.

But then Roy Bittan also played on Dire Straits' best album, Making Movies. It is their best album for many, many reasons, not because of the presence of Roy Bittan. I digress. :-x

Prettymaid
12-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Bob Seger was PHENOMENAL, stupendous, energetic, and spot-on fabulous... I went home with aching feet, ringing in my ears & a great big smile on my face.

But did you like him HH?

Brooke
12-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow, I sure hope I can come up with decent tickets! I've been wanting to see him forever!

Thanks HH!

Henley Honey
12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
But did you like him HH?

Nope. Not so much. :lie:

12-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah - I'm not getting what the big deal is here. So who is this Springsteen guy anyway! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But for real now - that would have been seriously cool. Talk about being at the right time at the right place! Wow!

sodascouts
12-04-2011, 12:58 AM
VERY cool!!!!!

Henley Honey
12-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Anybody hear from Brooke? Very curious as to how she made out with tickets & how she like the show!

Brooke
12-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Finally got a minute to stop in here!

Bob Seger is fantastic! What a show! He had the Scottrade Center on their feet the entire evening and it was pretty much a packed house! Had a wonderful time and sooooooooo glad we finally got to see this legend! He may be getting older, but he can still ROCK!

I never could find tickets online except way up and nearly behind the stage. We went to the box office at around 4pm and still the same tickets there! We went back to the hotel across the street and checked back in about 5:30. Nada. Finally about 6 we could get 2 tickets in the lower bowl on the right side of the stage. I wasn't sure, but at least we were pretty close. We talked to a scalper but of course he wanted way too much for what he had. I'm glad we kept them because they really were really good seats. Bob came over to our side several times and stood there for a couple minutes each time during the song.

So, it was kind of nerve wracking waiting till that late, but it paid off.

There was an opening act called ???? and the 78's from Flint, Michigan. They were good. Kind of an outlaw country type band. I didn't even know there was going to be an opener.

Bob came on about 9.

He played every song I wanted to hear. I couldn't help but think of young Glenn Frey when he did Ramblin' Gamblin' Man! The show lasted about 2 hours and no break. He did two encores. The first one was Against the Wind, my personal fave and Hollywood Nights. The second one was Night Moves (hubby's fave) and ended with Rock & Roll Never Forgets.

He was very energetic and you could tell he really loved performing. He really got in to it doing fist pumps and walking around the stage. His band was great and the sax player was awesome. Bob said he (sax player) had been with The Silver Bullet Band since the beginning. Wow!

He talked a bit between songs and mentioned that he had written Her Strut about Jane Fonda. I didn't know that!

I got quite a few pictures and will put up some when I get time.

All in all a great, great show and nope, Bob, we'll never forget you! :heart:

VAisForEagleLovers
12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Brook, I'm so glad you got good seats and experienced a great concert. I know the one in Pittsburgh last month ranks near the top of all my concert experiences, including the first one of his I went to in 1979 or 1980. The man has got it going on!

sodascouts
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM
So glad it worked out for you, Brooke!

I had no plans to see Seger live, but you guys make me want to. Unfortunately, I just checked his tour schedule, and his Memphis show was LAST NIGHT! I just missed it! :(

12-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Brooke - so glad you got decent seats and that the show was so good.

Wow Nanc - that sucks that you could've gone to a show and just missed it. I'm still waiting as well, but I'm gonna see him one of these nights! :thumbsup:

Henley Honey
12-11-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm so glad you had a great time, Brooke! I knew you'd love it. How could you not? His enthusiasm is infectious and I think that really gets the crowd going. I'm glad I gave him a 20 on a 1-10 scale. He really deserved it. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Soda!!! A day late. Ouch. Oh well. Maybe we can arrange it in 2012 that we'll catch Seger on a Friday night and the Eagles on a Saturday night. Now THAT would be a fun-filled weekend!!

TimothyBFan
12-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Glad you got so lucky, Brooke and enjoyed it. He's definitely on my concert Bucket List.

Brooke
12-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Finally got my pics uploaded. Again, what a great show! If you get the chance....go! Hit after hit!

A couple notes: Bob put the headband on after a couple songs. I guess it helps keep the sweat out of his eyes.

People took lots of pics. Nobody ever told anyone not to.

And at one point towards the end a woman actually managed to get up on the stage! Security took care of her very quickly. And a guy was escorted out right in front of us, but I didn't see what he did. lol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Bob%20Seger%20StLouis%202011/BobSeger2011.jpg

Against The Wind-my favorite
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Bob%20Seger%20StLouis%202011/BobSeger1211.jpg

Rock & Roll Never Forgets
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Bob%20Seger%20StLouis%202011/BobSegerScottradeStL.jpg

Love ya Bob! Keep on rockin'!

Prettymaid
12-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Okay, I'm convinced! When's his next tour?!!!?

VAisForEagleLovers
12-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Awesome!

Henley Honey
12-14-2011, 07:22 PM
The white hair and beard are VERY deceiving. He has more on-stage energy than men half his age. I bow down to Bob. He really, really ROCKS. :guitar:

VAisForEagleLovers
12-14-2011, 07:27 PM
The white hair and beard are VERY deceiving. He has more on-stage energy than men half his age. I bow down to Bob. He really, really ROCKS. :guitar:

Amen, sista!

Brooke
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Amen, sista!

Here, here!

Brooke
12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Btw, I read that one of the back up singers with Bob was Laura Creamer. That name rings a bell. Was she one of Glenn's back up singers at one time?

Freypower
12-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Yes, during the Strange Weather/POT era, I think.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Finally, Bob Seger is being put into the songwriter's hall of fame!

http://www.billboard.com/news/songwriters-hall-of-fame-taps-bob-seger-1006238152.story#/news/songwriters-hall-of-fame-taps-bob-seger-1006238152.story

Brooke
02-21-2012, 03:43 PM
:yay: for Bob! He deserves it!

tbs fanatic
02-21-2012, 04:09 PM
About time. Gordon Lightfoot too. Both overdue.

Prettymaid
02-21-2012, 09:56 PM
I love both Bob Seger and Gordon Lightfoot! Congratulations!

sodascouts
02-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Good for them!

Windeagle
02-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I love both Bob Seger and Gordon Lightfoot! Congratulations!

Agreed. Seger and Lightfoot are both great. In fact, Gordon Lightfoot was the first concert I ever saw. I was 13 and convinced my dad to take me because he liked "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

Congrats to both of them.

Glennhoney
02-22-2012, 10:37 PM
..truly is long overdue for the both of them...COngratulations..

Lisa
02-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Good decision. I'm a fan of both of them, too.

"Every Highway," ("Carefree Highway"); almost a theme song for Gordon Lightfoot; "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," lingering on, words on words, this lyric doesn't stop unitl the song ends; "Sundown," "If You Could Read My Mind." Engaging, musical, very professionally performed and produced hit records worth their due in recognition. Good award.

02-24-2012, 11:59 AM
I agree that Bob and Gordon are both very deserving. I am delighted for them both!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Looks like Mr. Seger's going the Walmart exclusive route as well...
Seger's Ultimate Hits is 11.88 at walmart. 2-CD set / 26 Songs

http://www.walmart.com/ip/19225229

GlennLover
02-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Looks like Mr. Seger's going the Walmart exclusive route as well...
Seger's Ultimate Hits is 11.88 at walmart. 2-CD set / 26 Songs

http://www.walmart.com/ip/19225229

I bought this CD with money I got for Christmas, since Santa didn't bring it. Glad I went to Walmart for it. I didn't realize that it was exclusive to them & obviously I wouldn't have found it if I looked anywhere else. Great album!

GlennLover
02-24-2012, 08:41 PM
CONGRATS TO BOB & GORDON! I'm a fan of both of them.

Agreed. Seger and Lightfoot are both great. In fact, Gordon Lightfoot was the first concert I ever saw. I was 13 and convinced my dad to take me because he liked "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

My father hated "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." As a joke, I bought the single at the time it came out & gave it to him. He wasn't impressed. I always liked the song. I still have that single.

Freypower
02-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Wow. I absolutely worship that song. The subject matter may be gloomy but it's brilliantly told. Other favourite GL songs of mine are If You Could Read My Mind, Alberta Bound, Triangle, Cherokee Bend, Don Quixote, Canadian Railroad Trilogy & the magnificent Sundown which actually was a Number One single. I've told you about how I found a song of his called On Yonge Street, literally on Yonge St in Toronto & bought it on iTunes when I got home. He is a Canadian bard; he writes about the country much more than Neil Young, for example.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-24-2012, 08:53 PM
I bought this CD with money I got for Christmas, since Santa didn't bring it. Glad I went to Walmart for it. I didn't realize that it was exclusive to them & obviously I wouldn't have found it if I looked anywhere else. Great album!

I downloaded a lot of MP3s from it from Amazon, so I'm not sure how 'exclusive' it is, but it's what the Bob Seger Facebook page put in my Newsfeed. I imagine the $11.88 is 'exclusive' to Walmart.

GlennLover
02-24-2012, 08:55 PM
FP, I love all his work, but in particular Sundown & Cdn Raiload Trilogy. Pussywillows, Cat-Tails was the first song of his that I remember hearing (I won't say how many years ago). I have loved it ever since.

Brooke
02-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm happy for Gordon L too. I loved Sundown and If You Could Read My Mind especially.

jdubfan
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Bob @ the Grammys lookin' good

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7206/6790181148_f88f4a191b.jpg

and news of a new album in September, Good Luck Bob! I wish Adele would do a duet with him...I think they'd sound fabulous together.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-seger-pushing-for-september-release-of-new-album-20120216?utm_source=WhatCounts%20Publicaster%20Edi tion&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EMLBSEOS_20120223_RollingStoneArticle +SongWritingHallFame&utm_content=Seger+to+record+a+new+album%3f

VAisForEagleLovers
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
If new album = another tour, I'll be really happy!

02-27-2012, 07:43 PM

and news of a new album in September, Good Luck Bob! I wish Adele would do a duet with him...I think they'd sound fabulous together.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-seger-pushing-for-september-release-of-new-album-20120216?utm_source=WhatCounts%20Publicaster%20Edi tion&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EMLBSEOS_20120223_RollingStoneArticle +SongWritingHallFame&utm_content=Seger+to+record+a+new+album%3f

Hmmm - I hadn't thought of that, but I agree Deb. Bob and Adele could make some beautiful music together, I bet.

GlennLover
02-28-2012, 05:12 PM

I agree as well.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Learned in Glenn's interview with a Detroit radio station this morning that Bob has promised a new album by Sept. 26! His Ultimate Hits is out and it has two new songs on it.

Henley Honey
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
And, I'm hoping he announces new tour dates soon thereafter!

Freypower
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
It was also Bob's birthday on May 6. I wish he'd come here!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-08-2012, 05:45 PM
It was also Bob's birthday on May 6. I wish he'd come here!

Maybe he will, seems like a new CD would be a good reason to kick off a world-wide tour. The man knows how to rock.

zeldabjr
05-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Maybe he will, seems like a new CD would be a good reason to kick off a world-wide tour. The man knows how to rock.

I would love to see Bob Seger live! I know he has sold out multiple night concerts here and would probably do so again if he came here. I remember loving him in my early twenties...I went out and bought every Bob Seger record in the store! I had a room in my brother's basement during college and used to sit down there and blast Bob Seger when I should have been studying!

Brooke
05-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I saw him in December and he was awesome! The crowd stood and rocked out through the whole concert!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Finally! Bob is entering the Songwriter's Hall of Fame! Also of note, he's contemplating an overseas tour and a gig in Detroit next spring. So perhaps a tour for the new album will materialize. My concert fund for next year needs to be BIG. Maybe I should play the lottery...

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/06/11/living/bob-seger-set-to-enter-songwriters-hall-of-fame/?ref=latest

Brooke
06-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Yay for Bob! He is deserving! :applause:

Glennhoney
06-12-2012, 05:44 PM
..it's about time..:grooving:

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2012, 04:50 AM
That's wonderful news! I'd love to see Bob playing live.

GlennLover
06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Congrats to Bob!

lizzyplays
06-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Finally! Bob is entering the Songwriter's Hall of Fame! Also of note, he's contemplating an overseas tour and a gig in Detroit next spring. So perhaps a tour for the new album will materialize. My concert fund for next year needs to be BIG. Maybe I should play the lottery...

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/06/11/living/bob-seger-set-to-enter-songwriters-hall-of-fame/?ref=latest

Yay! Congrats to Bob!! He totally deserves this.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Another article about Bob. Including it because he talks about being a songwriter and quotes Don Henley.

http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2012/06/13/life/doc4fd88628c3369672105274.txt?viewmode=default

zeldabjr
06-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Seger is cut from the same mold as Glenn and Don...outstanding songwriter!!!...a well deserved honor

VAisForEagleLovers
10-24-2012, 04:29 PM
As one might expect, Bob is jazzed about his Tigers being in the World Series. He posted this interview on his Facebook page...

http://www.wcsx.com/KenCalvertMornings/Story.aspx?ID=1796514

10-24-2012, 07:05 PM
That was fun. Thanks, VA. Bob seems to definitely be quite the Tigers fan. Go Detroit!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Just got a new item from Seger's FB page. Said "Big news coming soon!" Oh please please please please be a tour, and I hope he comes to DC since he missed us last time!!

Freypower
01-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I saw that too.

He has never been to Australia, but I guess that's not what it will be.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-02-2013, 07:46 PM
I saw that too.

He has never been to Australia, but I guess that's not what it will be.

Actually, he said in an interview on Detroit radio that he was hoping to get Down Under in the fall of 2012. I'm pretty sure that's what he said, and I'll never find the interview now to go listen again. Wherever it was, it was far away and he'd never toured there. Obviously he missed the fall of 2012, so maybe it's now. I'm just being selfish and hoping for DC!

WalshFan88
01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
I would love to see Seger in concert. Love his songs. Great Detroit Rock. My fav would have to be "Rock N' Roll Never Forgets".... Second place goes to "Her Strut".

01-02-2013, 09:53 PM
I want to see him too. DC would work for me too, VA. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

Brooke
01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
I saw him a year ago for the first time and he was awesome! Hope you guys get a chance! Fingers crossed for you!

zeldabjr
01-03-2013, 12:07 PM
I'd love to see him...but boy I'll bet those tickets would go fast if he tours!

lizzyplays
01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
I saw him 20 yrs ago. One of the best concerts and showman there is! It's great when you love absolutely almost every song they do!!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Alto Reed tweeted this a little while ago.

"If you put your Ear to the "Long Twin Silver Line" you just might be able to hear the Rhythm of an approaching Rock & Roll Freight Train.........."

An approaching Rock & Roll Freight Train sounds like a very good thing to me.

zeldabjr
01-08-2013, 10:09 AM
oh yeah sounds promising to me!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Whatever he's announcing, it'll be at 5pm today

VAisForEagleLovers
01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
It's a tour!!!!

Bad news...DC/East Coast not list

Good news...this is the 'first leg'! More to come!

Feb 27 Toledo, OH
Mar 5 Grand Rapids, MI
Mar 7 Green Bay, WI
Mar 13 Winnipeg, MB
Mar 19 Calgary, AB
Mar 21 Edmonton, AB
Mar 23 Saskatoon, SK
Mar 27 Vancouver, BC
Mar 29 Seattle, WA
Mar 30 Portland, OR
Apr 2 Denver, CO

Freypower
01-10-2013, 06:16 PM
An American tour. :eyebrow:

I don't think he will ever come here now.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Hey, who knows? Most of these are Canadian dates, so maybe he's thinking in the right direction. Surprised he's starting in Toledo, OH, though.

zeldabjr
01-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Please come to Buffalo Bob!

Brooke
01-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Hopefully there will be more across the US, but it's doesn't look good for anywhere else this year.

WalshFan88
01-12-2013, 02:24 AM
IIRC, Bob has said his touring is based on the availability of Don Brewer, his drummer who he won't replace. Don has his own band, Grand Funk, and they do a lot of touring and of course Don's priority is that band and so Bob's dates depend on Brewer's availability. He's had every bassist and guitarist in and out but he keeps Brewer as his drummer since he started playing for Bob.

I really hope they do more dates this year.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Seger just announced that Kid Rock will be joining him for a couple of shows. Hmm. Not a happy camper about that one...

zeldabjr
01-21-2013, 05:35 PM
I just saw on Ticketmaster Canada that Joe is on the bill with Bob for his Vancouver show 3/27...WOW!!!...would I love to be there!!!

Freypower
01-21-2013, 05:59 PM
I just saw on Ticketmaster Canada that Joe is on the bill with Bob for his Vancouver show 3/27...WOW!!!...would I love to be there!!!

Joe Walsh?

Why would he be supporting Bob Seger? Bizarre.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&=&user_input=joe+walsh&q=joe+walsh

VAisForEagleLovers
01-21-2013, 06:45 PM
That would make it the most awesome concert EVER! IMO, that would even top The Boss's surprise appearance in 2011.

Here's what TM here in USA has...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/ticketmaster.jpg

Freypower
01-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Maybe, but I don't understand why Joe has to be the support act for anybody.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-21-2013, 07:16 PM
I was kind of confused about that. Seger always has a support act and they are never listed under 'details'. When in Pittsburgh in 2011 he had a very well-liked local band open for him. It will be interesting to see what this really is.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
A second Toledo date has been added. March 1. It's a shame I have no wish whatsoever to go to Toledo, OH.

01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Hang in there, VA. I'm still holding out hope for some east coast dates.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Seger just announced this. I will start Anticipation threads for them...

Proud to announce that Joe Walsh will be joining us On Tour for the following dates.

Vancouver – 3/27
Seattle – 3/29
Portland - 3/30
Denver 4/2

zeldabjr
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
I sure hope he comes east!!!...with or without Joe!

Witchy Woman
01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Maybe, but I don't understand why Joe has to be the support act for anybody.

I don't think he's a "support act". Maybe he's just doing it for fun and to keep his chops up for the upcoming tour. I've seen on more than one occasion where a bigger star has performed before a lesser one.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
The announcement was the same, more or less, as the announcement about Kid Rock. The difference was that Kid Rock's announcement had a picture of him and Seger singing on stage together.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Seger has also announced dates in Chicago, Auburn Hills Michigan, and NYC.

Chicago Apr. 6
Auburn Hills Apr. 11
NYC (Barclay Center) Apr. 16

VAisForEagleLovers
02-08-2013, 11:08 PM
He also announced Dayton, OH for April 9...

EagleLady
02-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Wow VA How do you keep up with all of this? :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Wow VA How do you keep up with all of this? :hilarious:

I have him 'liked' on Facebook, and his people are very good about keeping the page up to date. So they drop into my News Feed as they are announced or reminders posted.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-14-2013, 10:29 AM
OK, the people who run Seger's fanclub (LiveNation) are making GrndCtrl (who runs the sites for Glenn and Joe) look like geniuses.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-21-2013, 08:46 PM
If you all haven't seen them yet, I posted two more concerts in the Pre-Concert Anticipation thread. Another at Auburn Hills, MI and one for Buffalo, NY that made Zelda squeal. Both have Joe as a special guest.

In addition, ahead of the shows featuring Kid Rock coming up soon, Alto Reed posted this. Don't know about others, but I love this kind of behind-the-scenes look regarding rehearsals and such.

Just left Detroit for MIA after 2 more amazing rehearsals for the New Tour......2 more to go.....then the Launch on Wednesday....
Winging my way back home to my Baby....and Day 2 of her Birthday Escapade for our Beautiful Friend Theresa Dimond......see you Baby in less than 3 hours.....Buckle Up!!!
xoxoxoxoxo

Troubadour
02-21-2013, 08:51 PM
I love reading about that kind of stuff, too... rehearsals, travelling, etc. Very cool!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Bob opened to great reviews last night in Toledo! He did some new material.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2013/02/28/entertainment/doc512f00ede66da736740140.txt

Molly
02-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Hubby and I will be heading up to Green Bay, WI next week to see Seger!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Yay!! Let us know how it is!

zeldabjr
02-28-2013, 10:03 PM
presale for our tickets is tomorrow!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2013, 07:54 PM
I wonder what this is about...?

BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND POSTPONE TONIGHT’S SHOW
AT THE SCOTIABANK SADDLEDOME

RESCHEDULED FOR MONDAY MARCH 25

Calgary, AB (March 19, 2013) – Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band regret to announce that tonight’s show in Calgary must be rescheduled due to illness. Bob Seger is under the weather and does not want to give less than the best possible performance for his fans.

Tonight’s show has been rescheduled to take place this coming Monday March 25, 7:30 PM . Tickets for the concert originally scheduled for tonight, March 19, will be honored at the new date, Monday, March 25

Henley Honey
03-19-2013, 08:35 PM
presale for our tickets is tomorrow!!!

Good Luck, Zelda. I got tickets for the Barclay's center show on 4/19 and I'm counting the days!

Molly
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Yay!! Let us know how it is!

With all the craziness of the past 2 weeks, I almost forgot about this. It was awesome!!! He still sounds great. He did songs this time out that he didn't do last time like "Sunspot Baby" and "Like a Rock".

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/bobsegergreenbay9_zpsd07a190f.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/bobsegergreenbay7_zpsa2c4fa6c.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/bobsegergreenbay8_zps829b33ac.jpg

Freypower
03-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Is that a Packers jersey? That would have made you happy!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Meanwhile, I'm closing my eyes!

Molly, I want to say he did Sunspot Baby in Nov. 2011, but I may be remembering wrong.

So far, it looks like the Rock and Roll that Never Forgets is going to forget DC again... :(

Molly
03-21-2013, 08:21 PM
He may have done the song in 2011, but I didn't see him then. It was longer ago than that (whenever his Face the Promise CD came out).

Yes, that is a Packer's jersey. Not a cheesehead like Joe wore last time the Eagles were in Titletown, but the next best thing.

03-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the photos, Molly. Glad you enjoyed the show. I'm like VA ... he needs to come to the nation's capital. Hell, I'll even mail him a Redskins jersey if that'll help! :D

NYC Fan
03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Glad you had a great time! I just read the review of the Toledo show posted on this thread. Sounds great! Did he play California Stars from the Mermaid Avenue album? I bet Bob would do a really great job with that song. It's beautiful. I'm hoping to see him at Barclays in April. Still trying to figure out whether to buy the expensive seats or sit in the rafters just to be there. With Eagles tickets going on sale this weekend, it will probably be the rafters...

Brooke
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Great pics, Molly! Thanks for sharing!

I'd love to see him next month in St.Louis with Joe, but I'm holding out for Fleetwood Mac tickets a few days later. I saw him in Dec. 2011 and he was awesome!

A little story that I don't think I told about that. We were sitting at the end of the row at the side of the stage where he walked in and out from. Great seats. Anyway, each time he went by when he came back out he was always smoking and even sat down in a metal chair right there to finish his cig! Great close up view of him! Evidently he hasn't quit that habit!

Henley Honey
03-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Here's are review of Bob's show at Rogers Arena. Joe opened for him and I am more psyched than before to see him in a few weeks in Brooklyn!!

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/music/Review+Seger+satisfies+classic+rock+fans+Rogers+Ar ena/8162035/story.html

If anyone can find a complete set list of both Joe and Bob please post it!!

Topkat
03-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Great review...Looks like he & Joe both rocked the House!!!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Joe opened for him? That's even better than guesting as it means more of his material!

Freypower
03-29-2013, 05:44 PM
I thought it was obvious when the tour was announced that Joe was the opening act. That was why I expressed some disquiet about it at the time.

sodascouts
03-29-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm not sure what was the purpose of you pointing out that I failed to recognize something obvious, unless you simply wish to make me feel stupid. Thanks.

Henley Honey
03-29-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure what was the purpose of you pointing out that I failed to recognize something obvious, unless you simply wish to make me feel stupid. Thanks.

I searched to find the review of their first concert together because in all of the pre-show info I found, no where did it clearly say that Joe was an opening act. I wasn't certain until I read and posted the review that Joe was not going to join Bob in his songs and vice-versa. Joe was ambiguously listed as "special guest" in all promotional material I could find. So, no. It was not obvious and you are correct -- he will play more of his material and I'm looking forward to it. You are the antithesis of stupid.

Freypower
03-29-2013, 06:55 PM
I first mentioned this back on page 13 of this thread. I'm sorry. I always thought 'special guest' or whatever meant 'opening act' and that is in fact the case. If it was so wrong to think that then I have nothing else to say.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
I was hoping special guest was both. Kid rock opened for him and played on stage with Bob. apparently that was not the case. Sorry, on the phone...hard to type.!

WalshFan88
03-29-2013, 09:00 PM
I saw "Special Guest" as well. I thought it meant he was playing with him for a couple/few songs.

cheryl
04-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I am going to see Bob Seger this Tuesday in Dayton, Ohio. MY sister, Kay, lives in Dayton and is going with me. She just called me and said the opening act is JOE WALSH! I told her I hoped it would be somebody I like. This is going to be great.

Brooke
04-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah! Be sure to come back and tell us all about it! We want details!

Prettymaid
04-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Cheryl, you lucky duck! Hope you have a great time!

Every time I hear a Bob Seger song I wish that I could see him live, and especially after the nice things some of you had to say here about seeing him in concert. Just today I heard Katmandoo and thought about him being on tour, but Hubby doesn't seem that keen on going. :-(

zeldabjr
04-06-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm so excited about seeing Bob Seger too...have loved him almost as long as the Eagles...but have yet to see him...and to have Mr. Walsh with him...well that's just the cherry on the sundae!!!...trying to think of what is my favorite Seger song...but can't decide...I'm leaning toward "Her Strut"...hope he does it....

Prettymaid
04-06-2013, 12:45 AM
I really only know the radio hits...good thing there are lots of them! But my fave is Mainstreet. Sentimental favorite is You'll Accompany Me.

cheryl
04-06-2013, 01:36 AM
PM HI! I have checked the set lists from the last few shows and those songs are not listed. The story in the Dayton paper said he is doing 4 or 5 new songs out of 20 to 25. I won't be able to put a review up until Thursday. My favorite songs are Turn The Page ( which I just discovered 2 years ago) and Against the Wind. I wish Glenn would drop in and sing backup. One review from a few days ago said Joe several songs and all the reviews were good. I know it will be fun. The only other time I've been in this arena was to see Frank Sinatra on his last tour.

Witchy Woman
04-06-2013, 01:42 AM
My favorite songs are Turn The Page and Against the Wind.

Agreed.

Here's an awesome version of Turn The Page by my favorite group, Metallica. Bob himself has said he likes this version better than his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEzWZCr___k

Brooke
04-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Pm, you should go see Bob! He was awesome when we saw him! The whole crowd stood nearly the whole concert! And Joe is along! Couldn't get much better!

Favorite songs: Against the Wind, Like A Rock, and Night Moves. But really, they're all great!

Outlawman13
04-06-2013, 11:39 PM
I have always loved Bob Seger. LOL I don't know what my favvie song is from him 'cause he has way too many hits that I love. I would love to see him in concert especially this time around (JOE!!!!!!!!!) LOL.

Freypower
04-07-2013, 12:20 AM
I posted these as my favourites at the start of the thread.

1. Night Moves
2. Shame On The Moon (Glenn)
3. Turn The Page
4. Beautiful Loser
5. Hollywood Nights
6. Katmandu
7. Mainstreet
8. Roll Me Away
9. Still The Same
10. Old Time Rock'n'Roll

Glenn or no Glenn I don't share the enthusiasm expressed earlier in the thread for Against The Wind. I find it too repetitive.

cheryl
04-08-2013, 03:50 PM
I just found out Joe Walsh will not be with Bob in Dayton tomorrow night. The opening act will be a country band named Whitey Morgan and the 78's. What a bummer.

Prettymaid
04-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Aw shoot, Cheryl. What a letdown.

zeldabjr
04-08-2013, 09:17 PM
oh what a bummer...oh well...at least Bob will be awesome!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Great article about Bob, and even better picture!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130407/ENT04/304070305

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I didn't realize Bob was that old. It's hard not to think about when all of our faves will be gone. For me, that will truly be the day the music died. At least we have the records.

On a lighter note, it sounds like Bob's in great shape and enjoying himself.

Topkat
04-11-2013, 12:08 PM
check this one out, Woman wakes from coma & wants to see Bob Seger!!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/79-year-old-coma-bob-seger/

Brooke
04-11-2013, 02:54 PM
That's great! :lol: And she's getting to meet Bob! :cool:

Topkat
04-11-2013, 05:30 PM
I thought that was a cool story & how great for them to arrange the limo, dinner, meeting with Bob...He sure loves his fans!:thumbsup:

Outlawman13
04-11-2013, 05:32 PM
That is too awesome that she is going to meet Bob. Lucky lady. I love that article.

Henley Honey
04-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Well I won't get to meet him, but I'm in the 9th row on Tuesday night at Barclay's Center!!! Joe and Bob. Heaven.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Well I won't get to meet him, but I'm in the 9th row on Tuesday night at Barclay's Center!!! Joe and Bob. Heaven.

:jealous::jealous::jealous:

Henley Honey
04-12-2013, 07:44 PM
:jealous::jealous::jealous:

There's a 3rd row ticket on stub hub. REALLY good price. Not too late for you to come. I'll get your room ready. Come on . . . . Come to the dark side!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-12-2013, 08:43 PM
There's a 3rd row ticket on stub hub. REALLY good price. Not too late for you to come. I'll get your room ready. Come on . . . . Come to the dark side!!!!!

I'll be there!!! Already bought the train tickets, so I hope you were serious! :grin: I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!! OMG, Joe and Bob in the same night!!

Henley Honey
04-12-2013, 09:23 PM
I'll be there!!! Already bought the train tickets, so I hope you were serious! :grin: I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!! OMG, Joe and Bob in the same night!!

Yep, I'm serious. I'm upgrading with you. I'm reselling my 9th row seats and hopping up to the 3rd row with you! Wooo Hooo!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Amtrak has upped their prices, of course. Like airlines, they raise the prices as it gets closer to the time, but the prices were still extremely reasonable, considering it's only three days away. I'll probably pay more for parking than what the tickets were. I should look for some alternative places to park...

I'll even be a quiet guest since I need to work all three days!!

sodascouts
04-12-2013, 10:43 PM
So jealous! I know you ladies will have a blast!

Outlawman13
04-13-2013, 07:34 AM
You ladies are so lucky. Have fun.

Topkat
04-13-2013, 08:31 AM
I just looked on Stub Hub & there seem to be some good seats at pretty good prices. I'm thinking I may want to go to this show....I just don't like going home alone from Brooklyn on the subway. I would have to go right from work on the train, but then going home late on the train is a little scary.:worried:
I haven't been to the Barclay Center yet.
I'm going to ask around & see if one of my friends will go with me so I won't have to ride the train by myself.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-13-2013, 09:16 AM
:partytime:
Great article about Bob, and even better picture!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130407/ENT04/304070305
nice article va and so glad you are gonna go see him
You guys so remind me of thelm aand louise on an adventure...and guess that makes brad pitt????
Have a blast girls :partytime:

Henley Honey
04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
nice article va and so glad you are gonna go see him
You guys so remind me of thelma dn louise on an adventure...and guess that maked Jessie brad pitt????
Have a blast girls :partytime:

Brad Pitt, huh. A girl can dream can't she?
Sometimes the best plans are last-minute ones. It'll be a great show -- I have no doubts.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-13-2013, 09:48 AM
lol...HH yo always have me laughing...

You are right ..sometimes the last minute fly by the seat of your pants plans are the best...another HH and Va adventrue ahead seeing two fab musicians.
I have no doubt that either will disappoint,

04-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Wow! Good for you, VA. If I wasn't so swamped and doing so much traveling for work, I'd be with you in a heartbeat. Y'all have a blast!

And TK - I don't blame you for not wanting to ride the subway back home alone. Hope you can find someone to go with you.

Topkat
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Looks like I won't be going to this show tonight...my friend can't make it.
I would expect a lot of security at the venue tonight, after the bombing in Boston, so be prepared for that...

I know you will have a great time. Hopefully I will get to see Bob another time...Joe, I know I will be seeing!! Have a BLAST, & please give us a review when you can

zeldabjr
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
sorry you're not going TK...

VA and HH...I know you will have a great time...can't wait to hear about it!!

Henley Honey
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Looks like I won't be going to this show tonight...my friend can't make it.
I would expect a lot of security at the venue tonight, after the bombing in Boston, so be prepared for that...

I know you will have a great time. Hopefully I will get to see Bob another time...Joe, I know I will be seeing!! Have a BLAST, & please give us a review when you can

That's a shame TK. Too bad we are traveling in the opposite direction than you. We will get there EARLY because security will be tight on both the trains and at the venue.

Brooke
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Woo hoo! Have fun ladies! I know it will be awesome! :partytime:

Tk, sorry you can't go, but I don't blame you.

Topkat
04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
That's a shame TK. Too bad we are traveling in the opposite direction than you. We will get there EARLY because security will be tight on both the trains and at the venue.

So far, here in the city, I have not seen any extra security, which is what I expected. HH going home I would be going same direction as you, but getting home from Jamaica would be the problem. I would have to take a cab. I resigned myself to not going to this show, but if he plays here again, I am going to try to make it. I'm going to look at the schedule for his shows. Maybe I can see something else.

Have fun ladies, you have some great seats!

prayfordaylight
04-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Have a great time tonight ladies!

Prettymaid
04-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Enjoy the show!

Outlawman13
04-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Enjoy the show ladies!!!!!

Henley Honey
04-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Enjoy the show ladies!!!!!

We're leaving in a few to have an early dinner and hop on the train to Brooklyn. We have to leave extra time for security checks but we are psyched for the show!!!! :partytime: Me :partytime: VA :partytime: Hubby

Tiffanny Twisted
04-16-2013, 07:31 PM
enjoy the show thelma lousie and brad...lol

no seriously HH Va and HH"S dh have a great time..
with you in spirit,,,
cant wait to hear all about it

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Yesterday on my travels, I was wearing a Bob Seger tshirt. The flight attendant smiled at me as I left the plane (she'd been dedicated to first class) and said she loved Bob Seger, that she'd seen him 'a few weeks ago' (I think she said weeks) at a private show. Very small. Like 20 or 25 people. We were filing off the plane, so I couldn't ask for details. I just told her I was jealous and left it at that. Can you imagine?

zeldabjr
05-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Yesterday on my travels, I was wearing a Bob Seger tshirt. The flight attendant smiled at me as I left the plane (she'd been dedicated to first class) and said she loved Bob Seger, that she'd seen him 'a few weeks ago' (I think she said weeks) at a private show. Very small. Like 20 or 25 people. We were filing off the plane, so I couldn't ask for details. I just told her I was jealous and left it at that. Can you imagine?

no I can't imagine...wonder who paid for that and what kind of change it cost? wow...He was so amazing last month when I saw him...oh and of course Joe too!

Brooke
05-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Wow! Wouldn't that be amazing! :cool:

HeatherB
05-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Another great artist I'd like to see live!!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2013, 08:24 AM
I put this in The Voice thread as well...

Bob Seger just tweeted that he'll be performing on the next show in a duet with the Swon Brothers.

Topkat
06-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Bob Seger just sang Night Moves with the Swon Brothers!!
OMG How great to see that! They were awesome...Those guys were stoked to be singing & playing with him!:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Bob's new album is available for pre-order on Amazon, it comes out on 10/14! WooHoo! Here's hoping that he announces a tour. I loves me some Seger! Since our guys haven't announced anything, solo or together except for Down Under, I need something to occupy my time!

http://www.amazon.com/Ride-Out-Bob-Seger/dp/B00N1W3NF8?tag=gm-connectedfan-20

Zanny Kingston
09-13-2014, 12:04 PM
VA- how strange is this- My husband was just talking about Bob Seger about five minutes ago- so I went to The Seger Website and saw the new album release info- I told my husband that hopefully means Seger will be touring- I love Bob Seger and the last time I saw him was in 1980. My husband has never seen him and would love to- I signed up for the email alerts to get info on when he hopefully tours!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-13-2014, 01:04 PM
I saw him in 1980, too! First concert I ever attended! It was late 79 or early 80, I can't remember. I've been to see him twice in the last three years, once in Pittsburgh and once in NYC. Like the Eagles, he plays his songs pretty much as they were recorded, and he's still got it, still puts on a great show, and doesn't rely on gimmicks. Definitely, go see him if you have the chance.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-25-2014, 08:50 AM
A tour!!! Yay!!! This will help ease the pain of no Eagles shows announced. Help, but not solve... It's a shame I don't know where I'll be living or working this winter, so I could plan this out!

http://www.bobseger.com/tour/

Brooke
09-25-2014, 09:42 AM
VA, I know! I'm excited too and have been wanting to see him again! Hoping to go to St. Louis! :yay:

Brooke
10-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Ok, what's the best way to get a good ticket?

I looked for the thread about buying tickets and can't find it! Any pointers?

Brooke
10-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Found it!

And, nothing good came up in the fan club presale so far. Most of the time I got "high demand, nothing available". I finally got a few offers but near the back of the venue and I got kicked out within 15 minutes! And I wasn't crazy about trying! :sad:

I will keep checking.

Brooke
10-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Well I tried in the fan club presale, the live nation presale and today during the general sale. Nothing in the front half of the arena came up. How do some of you get so lucky in these? I tried many, many times. Spent hours at it.

I'll keep trying, but I'm pretty bummed out right now. :sad:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-04-2014, 07:02 PM
I didn't try today, but I'm sure I would have had the same results, and will when the tickets for Pittsburgh go on sale.

WalshFan88
10-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Ok, I called Scottrade today and asked them about taxis and the entrance. I DO NOT want a repeat Chicago incident. They said they can pull right up to the front doors.

I think I might be going to see Bob Seger in St. Louis. Still working on tickets but I should be out of my boot and feeling better by then and should be able to have a lot less walking compared to United in Chicago and hopefully be doable. I'm also going to do my best to get aquatic exercise in Florida and hopefully get my foot and breathing back to feeling better and I'm also on inhalers now which help A LOT.

Wish me luck on getting tix!

ETA: I got them!!! 6th row center! Not sure on seat numbers yet, still have to wait for the tickets to be emailed. Used VividSeats this time.

Prettymaid
10-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Congratulations WF!

Now come on, Brookie! It's your turn!

Freypower
10-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Ok, I called Scottrade today and asked them about taxis and the entrance. I DO NOT want a repeat Chicago incident. They said they can pull right up to the front doors.

I think I might be going to see Bob Seger in St. Louis. Still working on tickets but I should be out of my boot and feeling better by then and should be able to have a lot less walking compared to United in Chicago and hopefully be doable. I'm also going to do my best to get aquatic exercise in Florida and hopefully get my foot and breathing back to feeling better and I'm also on inhalers now which help A LOT.

Wish me luck on getting tix!

ETA: I got them!!! 6th row center! Not sure on seat numbers yet, still have to wait for the tickets to be emailed. Used VividSeats this time.

I'm glad you're going to this after you seemed so down after Fleetwood Mac when you said you might never go to another show.

I don't know what Australia has to do to get Seger out here.:-x

WalshFan88
10-17-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm glad you're going to this after you seemed so down after Fleetwood Mac when you said you might never go to another show.

Me too.... Chicago's layout of getting in and out is just too hard for me to do and the environment isn't the best.

With St. Louis I can get out right at the front entrance and walk in...

I'm done with United Center unless I either become healthier or they change their policies.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-17-2014, 10:24 PM

Good luck with that. One of the radio stations in DC are wondering why he never goes there, either. This is the third tour in a row (at least) that he's not gone there.

Has he ever toured Australia?

Freypower
10-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Good luck with that. One of the radio stations in DC are wondering why he never goes there, either. This is the third tour in a row (at least) that he's not gone there.

Has he ever toured Australia?

No. :worried:

Brooke
10-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Congratulations WF!

Now come on, Brookie! It's your turn!

Still no luck, but I'm not giving up yet! I'm NOT paying the scalpers though! :nope:

Congrats, WF!

Brooke
12-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Well, I guess I won't be seeing him this year! I've tried and tried for tickets and nothing but the overpriced ones or nosebleed. Maybe next time. :sad:

WalshFan88
12-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear that Brooke. :(

-

We are here at the hotel, plan on heading over in about an hour or a little more. Show is at 8PM (Central).

J. Geils is opening, which should be good. Centerfold, Freeze Frame, Love Stinks, etc. Sure beats JD and the Straight Shot. :nahnah:

VAisForEagleLovers
12-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Make sure you come back and tell us how it goes!! Have fun!

WalshFan88
12-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Wow, just when you think you have your health under control...I passed out waiting in line to get in as I was short of breath again and my inhaler didn't work so I sat down on the sidewalk and leaned back against a pole and sure enough I blanked out. I came to right away, so we just told everyone I'm fine and acted normal. I didn't fall on the ground, just merely closed my eyes and laid back against the pole for about 5 seconds. I am calling my pulmonologist first thing tomorrow to get the earliest appointment. Starting to wonder if I don't need more meds or perhaps more tests. I know I said this before, but I thought I got it fixed but no more big city concerts until I can get in better shape, find the right meds, and get to feeling better. I'm fine until I have to walk, and then I'm breathless. Peoria is easy for me as I can get dropped off right by the door and no lines and no waiting to be wanded and screened to get in and out but walking around in Chicago or St. Louis just isn't doable with my current physical condition.

Now to the concert!

We got in there and took our seats, which were dead center of the stage, which was nice.

J Geils came on first and were a great opening band and I knew a few of their songs. Peter Wolf is so energetic too, he's all over the stage. Centerfold and Love Stinks were my highlights of their show.

Bob came on and it was a GREAT show...all of the big hits. The only one I wanted to hear and didn't was Ramblin' Gamblin' Man... Katmandu and Nutbush City Limits would have been nice too, but oh well - plenty of great songs he did play. He had to thrown in the new material too....Personally I would have rather heard the 70s stuff but oh well!

I know VA doesn't like this song but getting to hear Like A Rock was a special treat for me....my friend Rob KILLS it on the slide solo originally done by Rick Vito. I just love that song and my dad was reminded of the Chevy commercials (were strictly a GM/GMC/Chevrolet family) and he loved it too.

I'd say Like A Rock and Turn The Page were the best performances he did of the night. He got a standing ovation on Turn, which was a killer performance. Alto Reed is a great sax player. He did a great job on Mainstreet too.

All in all a great show, but kind of disappointing I'm not as healthy as I thought I was.

12-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the review, Austin. I've still never seen Seger live, but I've still not given up hope. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the show in spite of the fainting incident. Hope you get to the doctor soon.

Brooke
12-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Austin, great review! Where did you go to this show? I so wanted to go to St. Louis Saturday but could never find a decent ticket. Didn't want to gamble and try to get one at the venue either. As it turned out, my hubby is having back trouble and he couldn't have gone anyway. I hope he tours again.

Also sorry about your fainting incident. Hope you get that figured out!

I love "Like A Rock" too. Once of my favorites of his, but I have many! Did you buy his new cd? I like it pretty much, but would still rather hear the oldies! They pretty much can't be beat! Imo!

WalshFan88
12-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Austin, great review! Where did you go to this show? I so wanted to go to St. Louis Saturday but could never find a decent ticket. Didn't want to gamble and try to get one at the venue either. As it turned out, my hubby is having back trouble and he couldn't have gone anyway. I hope he tours again.

Also sorry about your fainting incident. Hope you get that figured out!

I love "Like A Rock" too. Once of my favorites of his, but I have many! Did you buy his new cd? I like it pretty much, but would still rather hear the oldies! They pretty much can't be beat! Imo!

It was in St. Louis...stayed at the same hotel we met at before - Sheraton by the Scotttrade.

And I have listened to his new CD and I also prefer the oldies.

Like A Rock if you put away your Chevy vs. Ford and overplayed on TV bits, it's actually a great song with meaningful lyrics and a killer slide guitar solo. I'm semi-friends (we know of each other and talk occasionally) with his guitarist Rob McNelley, once he joined the band Bob put it back in the set because no one prior in 15 years could play that signature slide solo!

Brooke
12-15-2014, 11:14 AM
It was in St. Louis...stayed at the same hotel we met at before - Sheraton by the Scotttrade.

And I have listened to his new CD and I also prefer the oldies.

Like A Rock if you put away your Chevy vs. Ford and overplayed on TV bits, it's actually a great song with meaningful lyrics and a killer slide guitar solo. I'm semi-friends (we know of each other and talk occasionally) with his guitarist Rob McNelley, once he joined the band Bob put it back in the set because no one prior in 15 years could play that signature slide solo!

That's cool, Austin!

LAR can sometimes bring me to tears, very meaningful lyrics to me!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Austin, so glad you enjoyed it! I knew you would. I'm bummed that you're still not feeling up to par, but it just makes it better that you still had a good time, means it really was a great concert.

LAR - It wasn't one of my favorites of his even before the Chevy commercial! I did enjoy it live, and he said back in April of 2013 that he was putting it back in the set list since he had a guitar player that could play it now.

For those who love this man, he's on Letterman tonight. Set those DVRs!

12-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up, VA!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-26-2014, 01:07 AM
I bought tickets today to Seger's concert in Pittsburgh the end of Jan. I've been searching and searching for good tickets at a place that would be easy to get to, and decided that it's a Thursday show, so I can just come up for another long weekend and spend time with the family again. So, I think it's about row 8, center section on the floor. My sister will go with me, I think.

Houston Baby
12-26-2014, 07:27 PM
All right VA! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-23-2015, 12:55 AM
The man is just amazing. What a fantastic concert.

Brooke
01-23-2015, 10:59 AM
VA, would love a review when you get time!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-23-2015, 04:10 PM
The one downside to the concert was we didn't go to Katmandu. Not sure why not, they had the drums set up for it.

He played four of his new songs, and the one the crowd got into the most was Gypsy, the one where he said he was trying for a song that Stevie Ray Vaughn would like.

Hollywood Nights and Night Moves were sung faster than the recorded versions, so when the crowd tried to sing along, it took a while to realize it, and most just stopped singing. Everyone still danced though!

Turn The Page was probably the song the crowd got into the most. Everyone definitely sang along.

I was 8 rows from the stage, dead center. You'd think that would be a great seat, but there were tall people in front of me! We only sat down for maybe two songs.

My sister definitely liked the show, and the comment she made several times was that he seemed to be a very happy guy. I told her I thought he was a pretty happy guy overall.

Another observation is that during the encores, you usually see quite a few people spilling towards the exits to beat the herd on the way out. Not last night.

It was interesting, he played Travelin' Man, and it's one of the few songs I remember him playing back when I saw him the first time in the late 70's.

J. Geils was warm-up act and definitely warmed the crowd up. Most people were in their seats by the second song, so people definitely wanted to see them. They didn't play Freeze Frame, but played their other hits. There were quite a few around us that bought tickets to see them and the one lady didn't know much about Seger. She did by the end of the night!

I guess there was another downside to the evening....my Captain and Coke (double) cost $19.50 + tip. At least it came in a Penguins cup, which I kept!

My sister said she could tell I go to a lot of concerts. While others wore heavy, bulky coats and put them on the backs of chairs and tried to keep them from falling to the floor, I brought my Eagles tote bags lined with plastic and we wore layers and put them in the bags as we got down to blouses.

All in all it was a great concert. Very energetic and fun. Definitely worth the 7.5 hour drive.

sodascouts
01-23-2015, 04:49 PM
Glad you had a good time!

Brooke
01-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Sounds great! I would love to see him again!

WalshFan88
01-23-2015, 10:13 PM
I liked J Geils Band too!

My fav of their set was Centerfold of course....I love that intro and the singalong energy. But as far as overall songs of theirs, I prefer Must Of Got Lost. I love Peter Wolf's intro to that song.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-24-2015, 10:09 AM
I liked J Geils Band too!

My fav of their set was Centerfold of course....I love that intro and the singalong energy. But as far as overall songs of theirs, I prefer Must Of Got Lost. I love Peter Wolf's intro to that song.

For Centerfold, he didn't really sing it all. He skipped over words, it seemed. Must Have Got Lost was probably the song they did the best job on.