PDA

View Full Version : New Friday Night Video and Contest!

timfan
02-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Today the first official video from Expando has made it's debut! The video for Friday Night is posted on Timothy's official site (http://www.timothybschmit.com/friday-night/) and Spinner (http://www.spinner.ca/2011/02/04/timothy-b-schmit-expando/) ! Also posted on the official site is a contest to win an autographed copy of the Expando LP
I LOVE IT!!!! :partytime::hilarious::thumbsup::)

Freypower
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Great news, but at the moment it's not available to watch (and it wasn't in the other thread either).

timfan
02-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Hopefully it'll be working soon.

ETA: The Spinner site is working for me. Don't know about anyone else?

AzEaglesFan
02-04-2011, 06:54 PM
I could watch it on Spinner with no trouble. I wasn't a bit surprised to Jean in the video. I thought they did a great job myself. I was also interested in the other Timothy videos that they offered that I could watch. I had already seen a couple of them. Hope he does more.

timfan
02-04-2011, 07:07 PM
FYI On the spinner site enlarge the video to full screen.. now that makes it truly stunning!! :nahnah:

GlennLover
02-04-2011, 07:08 PM
I as able to see it too!

timfan
02-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Just noticed... Hank Linderman is playing an acoustic bass in the video. How cool is that???

tequila girl
02-04-2011, 08:10 PM
I just get:

"Sorry this video is not available at this time" :eyebrow:

Susan
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Was going to share the news of Timothy's new video, but I see several people have already beaten me to it! Doesn't surprise me, you are SO on top of everything that has to do with the Eagles! One of thingss that makes this such a great sight! Anyway, I was able to view the video just a few minutes ago. What a nice surprise! Love that Jean is in it. I recognized Hank from Timothy's solo concert too. The drummer was also in Timothy's solo concert, but I forgot his name. Anyone remember it?

Ive always been a dreamer
02-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for that, Susan. According to UK TimFan's review on the board here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=102382&highlight=linderman#post102382), his name is Herman Matthews.

ETA: I almost forgot to say that I just watched the video and WOW! - it's fantastic. I did what timfan suggested and watched it on full screen and I must say I think that is pretty sound advice. :thumbsup:

Freypower
02-04-2011, 08:57 PM
I still can't see it. It probably isn't available to Australia.

EaglesFanatic
02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Wow, what a great video! Cool that Jean was in it!

timfan
02-04-2011, 09:18 PM
I still can't see it. It probably isn't available to Australia.

Yeah I'm thinking the spinner site is only available in North America (when I clicked on it, it changed to a .ca from .com) Hopefully the video will come up on youtube.

Prettymaid
02-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Okay, I love it - but I don't get it. What's up with the TV? And can we see a smile from the man?

sodascouts
02-04-2011, 09:26 PM
How exciting! I had no idea they were planning on making any videos for Expando, especially after all this time. I love this just for the sake of it, even if it is a bit mystifying.

BTW, am I the only one who didn't know that Timothy has had an official YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyBSchmitVEVO) since June of 2009?! (The new video is not yet listed on his channel, but I imagine it will be soon.)

Victim of Love
02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
I like it! No flash, just his 'vision'. Some of the artwork on the walls also caught my attention -- wonder if it's Jean's? And am I the only one who suspects this was a 'location' shoot at their home?

By the way, for anyone who missed my post over in the other thread, here's a link for an interview Timothy did in December while touring Australia with the band: www.undercover.fm/videos/362-timothy-b-schmit-part-1 (http://www.undercover.fm/videos/362-timothy-b-schmit-part-1) (part two is there as well). I've never seen Timothy so animated and I've never seen him so relaxed or smile so much as he did during this interview!

sodascouts
02-04-2011, 11:46 PM
And am I the only one who suspects this was a 'location' shoot at their home?

Nope - I suspected that as well!

Anyone entered the contest yet? I just did!

luvthelighthouse
02-04-2011, 11:48 PM
VOL, I too suspect that is their home. Pretty cool video... but I'm with PM... smile already Timothy! He has such a nice smile, I wish he's share it a little more often.

sodascouts
02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I just had an idea about the retro TV. Maybe it belonged to his family back in the day when they lived in the "Expando" trailer.

Koala
02-05-2011, 02:55 AM
Unfortunatly, I can't see the video!:sad:

EaglesFanatic
02-05-2011, 03:15 AM

Yep I did too. I thought I'd test my luck at another contest :hilarious:

Peekaboo
02-05-2011, 05:09 AM
:yay: So cool to see a new video from Tim :thumbsup::thumbsup:!! I gotta agree about him not smiling. The song has got some happy, care free moments and yet he just seems so serious. BUT i must add that even though there's no smiling he still looks pretty darn good.

Yep I did too. I thought I'd test my luck at another contest :hilarious:
EF, you do seem to be quite the lucky duck when it comes to these Eagley contests. Good luck to ya. Btw, I entered too. I hope my answer on his FB page didn't seem to lame.

timfan
02-05-2011, 08:42 AM

I have not entered the contest because when I looked at the rules it appears it is only open to residents of the USA. But good luck to everyone who has entered :thumbsup:

timfan
02-05-2011, 09:25 AM
As expected Friday Night is up on Timothy's Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyBSchmitVEVO) channel! I hope everyone can see it now :)

tequila girl
02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
No, I'm getting this message now! :-(

"Timothy B. Schmit - Friday Night"

This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Brooke
02-05-2011, 10:49 AM
OMG! Who knew Tim would make a video?! Great news! :cool: Nice job Tim!

I definitely see Jean in there and my, how long is that hair?!

I wonder if he will ever have any influence on those other guys? lol

Good idea about the tv being from Tim's Expando home era, Soda.

UK TimFan
02-05-2011, 05:36 PM
As expected Friday Night is up on Timothy's Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyBSchmitVEVO) channel! I hope everyone can see it now :)
Not those of us in the UK. :brickwall: :scowl: :mad: :depressed: :unimpressed: :weep::cuss::enraged: :censored:

Think I might 'enter' the competition by saying something along the lines of 'As I live in the UK this devoted Tim fan spends her Friday - and every other - night wondering if she'll ever be allowed the privilege granted to any USA resident (regardless of whether they love or loathe Tim) of being able to see the 'Friday night' video.'

Victim of Love
02-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Have watched the video again (for about the umpteenth time!) and have to say that while many comments were made here at the release of Expando that it felt like we were looking in a window of a very personal part of his life, the video really seems voyeuristic, particularly the silhouette shot of he and Jean standing together...such a personal moment! And especially when you take into account his comments about their enduring relationship during that UCTV interview.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad88/whitcap91/Timothy/timcap9.jpg

Freypower
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Well, guess what. It has been 'blocked in my country on copyright grounds'. This is on the YouTube channel. Wow. :brickwall:

sodascouts
02-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Think I might 'enter' the competition by saying something along the lines of 'As I live in the UK this devoted Tim fan spends her Friday - and every other - night wondering if she'll ever be allowed the privilege granted to any USA resident (regardless of whether they love or loathe Tim) of being able to see the 'Friday night' video.'

ZING! lol

I wonder if Tim could find a way to stream it via his site and get around the Vevo issues.

tequila girl
02-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I just want to say a huge Thank You to whitcap! ;-) :applause: :applause:

Koala
02-07-2011, 02:48 AM
I just want to say ahuge Thank You to whitcap! ;-) :applause: :applause:
Yeah, me too!

http://smilies-smilies.de/smilies/freundschaft_liebe/bighug2.gif
Finally, I could see the video!:-):D LOVE IT!

TimothyBFan
02-07-2011, 09:32 AM

:lol: You go girl!!!!

I popped in real quick yesterday to vote & saw this so took a few minutes to watch and drool!! Have I ever said how beautiful I think that man is!?!? :smitten::fainted: Any who, I agree tho that he would be much better looking (if possible) if he SMILED!!! Come on Tim--it's Friday night and you have a hot wife---if that don't do it for ya.....

And why are we thanking WC? Did she do what I think she did? Our little screen capturing princess!!! If so--I love you in advance WC!! Heading over to Schmit Sexiness right now to see if I guessed right!

Annabel
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm saying a big thank you to Carole :bye: ;)

UK TimFan
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Seeing everyone's doing it :wink:, I would just like to echo this post

I just want to say ahuge Thank You to whitcap! ;-) :applause: :applause:

Victim of Love
02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
This just showed up on my Facebook page...thought I'd passit along for those of you who have been having problems viewing the vid....

If you are having issues viewing the music video for 'Friday Night', please visit Timothy's official site, where the video can now be seen without international restrictions. And don't forget to share your favorite thing to do on a 'Friday Night' for the chance to win a signed Expando LP! Contest ends this Friday, Feb. 18th. http://timothybschmit.com/friday-night/ (http://timothybschmit.com/friday-night/)

Prettymaid
02-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks for that VOL. I'm sure anyone who has not been able to view the video appreciates it.

BTW, has anyone entered the contest? If so, what did you say your favorite thing was to do on friday night?

sodascouts
02-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Excellent! I'm so glad they got it up for everyone.

I entered the contest - I think I said go to Eagles concerts or something uninspired like that. ;) I hope the winners are chosen at random. lol

Freypower
02-15-2011, 10:53 PM
I saw it at last!!! Worth the wait! :nahnah:

Victim of Love
02-21-2011, 09:11 AM
NEW TWEET...AND A "FRIDAY NIGHT" TEE FOR SALE ON HIS WEBSITE!!

Victim of Love
03-17-2011, 06:17 PM
OMG...just went on Facebook to see what's happening and I found the following notice that came in earlier today from Brandon Rieck:

"You are the winner of the Timothy B. Schmit autographed Expando vinyl giveaway. Please send your address to info@timothybschmit.com by Monday, March 21st and we will ship the LP to you."

Needless to say, I've replied!!!!!! May take three months for me to receive the autographed vinyl but I intend to frame it!

Did anyone else out there enter/win??????? Funny thing, I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering WHEN we would hear the results. I'm really excited.

tequila girl
03-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh WOW.....That's fabulous VoL i'm so happy for you! :thumbsup: :partytime: :partytime:

EaglesFanatic
03-17-2011, 06:47 PM
That's awesome VOL! Congrats and enjoy your new signed vinyl (when you get it of course lol) :)

MikeA
03-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I didn't actually enter contest VoL, but many years ago, I did join his "official" fan-site and out of the blue, someone on JWFC (Joe Walsh Fan Club) told me that my name was on the front page and indicated that I'd won a large poster of TBS that he'd signed and it was being mailed to me.

I guess they automatically enter all fans including new ones into a drawing each month and this was one of the prizes. The dang poster was so large that I couldn't find a frame large enough for it. I've still got is somewhere. Verna was wanting to decoupage it to the ceiling over our bed. I said OKAY if I can do the same with Stevie Nicks...or maybe it was Shanai Twain. The TBS poster isn't on our ceiling <LOL>

I guess I don't have a picture of it or I'd post it here.

Koala
03-18-2011, 02:41 AM
WOW! CONGRATS, VoL! I'm really happy for you!:D

TimothyBFan
03-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Oh My!!! Congrats VOL!!! That is wonderful!!! I bet you are ecstatic! We will need a picture of the goods when it arrives!!

I didn't actually enter contest VoL, but many years ago, I did join his "official" fan-site and out of the blue, someone on JWFC (Joe Walsh Fan Club) told me that my name was on the front page and indicated that I'd won a large poster of TBS that he'd signed and it was being mailed to me.

:shock: Excuse me?!?!? My birthday is in July!!! Just putting that out there. :hilarious: I have a giant FTF signed poster of Timothy also (and about 100 more things signed by him) but I'm not allowed to frame it either. Hubby is a very tolerant man and he's ok with the signed pictures, albums and picks that are framed but he does have his limits! :|

Victim of Love
03-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Have a confirmation email from Julie Freeman this morning advising the 'signed LP will be on the way shortly". I think the ONLY thing to do with it is frame it for posterity!

TimothyBFan
03-18-2011, 08:36 AM
You betcha!!! And put it in a place of honor!! Julie---always on top of everything!! Love that woman!

Prettymaid
03-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Yay VOL! Another Borderer wins something! :blueblob: You so deserve it!

Victim of Love
03-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks all. I'm particularly tickled about this because I had also won tickets for Timothy's solo show in Sacramento and had to pass on them. I wasn't notified until three days before the show and didn't have time to arrange time off work and get a reasonable airline ticket -- I was so bummed out! So maybe this isn't a live show, but I'll settle for signed vinyl.

Prettymaid
03-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Oh yeah, I think I remember that. That WAS a bummer!

TimothyBFan
03-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't remember that. I do kinda recall another Borderer having that problem last year I believe tho.

Was just on FB & Timothy's site to see if they had announced it there yet and nope. In fact on his site, people are still putting what they like to do on Friday night. I might email Julie and see when they are going to actually announce it. Can't wait to see!

cynd1231
03-22-2011, 06:04 PM
I need to make a point of clarification, with most humble apologies to all. In my haste and excitement about winning the signed vinyl, I inadvertently posted on my daughters' page...Victim of Love. I realized what I had done right about the same time Nancy sent me a message and wanted to clear up any confusion, especially since I referenced the tickets to one of Timothy's shows that I had to pass on last fall.

I assure you that I intended no deception. My daughter frequently stays logged in to The Border for extended periods of time and I didn't even think about it at the time. LATE last fall I quit working altogether. For the moment we're splitting our time here (to help my daughter and son-in-law with the kids) and home. On average we're here about three weeks at a time and I frequently use the house computer.

Anyway, my sincere apologies for any confusion -- I'm realize there was probably some head-scratching. Am obviously still waiting for delivery of my winnings and I promise to post a picture when it arrives.

TimothyBFan
03-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Received an email from Julie. Said that the winners will hopefully be announced the week of March 28th on the homepage. Very exciting!! Does anyone remember how many winners were being picked?

Also says Timothy is doing fine as is she and hopes I am the same. And to have a great weekend! She's so freakin' sweet!

tbs fanatic
03-25-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm late getting to this but CONGRATULATIONS on winning the contest. :yay:

sodascouts
03-27-2011, 08:58 PM
That Julie is a sweetheart. So accessible to the fans. She understands!

cynd1231
03-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I can't believe I received my delivery today!!!!!!!!!!!! I really expected it to take a bit longer but the FedEx guy even said it was a day EARLY.

Here is the front of the jacket:

This is the front/back opened full

The inside is a blow-up

The vinyls (yep, TWO), three songs each on Sides 1/2/3, two on Side 4

There is also an insert with lyrics, the full page of the 'painting' and the famous "Timothy with orange in hand" photo. This is really awesome. Now if I can just figure out how to preserve and display it! Think I'm going to save the shipping materials too.

cynd1231
03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Here's the close-up....

Koala
03-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Very Cool!

TimothyBFan
03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Tho-I'm still not quite sure who it was that won it (Cynd or VOL) it is a very cool signed album.

BTW--where is VOL? She seems to have disappeared all of a sudden! :headscratch:

Brooke
03-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Congrats Cynd! That is awesome!

Victim of Love
03-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Okay...I'm here, just had a busy several days and wasn't online much. Getting ready to move in a few weeks and we're up to our necks in sorting, packing and all that goes with the transition. Having a quiet moment this morning and thought I'd check in.

Clarification: MOM (Cynd) won the tickets last fall AND is now the proud owner of the autographed album. We're heading out on Saturday to check out framing options. I'm quiet impressed with the autograph and the whole package (two vinyls and full size insert) are really terrific. The center photo when you open it is a particular favorite of mine, that casual, hands-on-hips stance is so danged cute!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Congratulations on winning the autographed album. It is uber cool. Good luck with the framing. My autographed Hotel California album caused a small fortune to have framed and matted, but it turned out beautifully, IMHO. Hope to pictures of it when you're done.

timfan
04-08-2011, 09:09 PM
All the contest winners have now been formally announced on Timothy's facebook and official site! :)

Prettymaid
04-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Congratulations to all!

UK TimFan
04-11-2011, 07:51 AM
I haven't been around the Border much lately, so belated congratulations Cynd on your win.

Can you remember what your winning entry was?

cynd1231
04-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks, UKTF. Ironically, my entry was really very basic...along the lines of 'Friday night means real, quality time with the one most important to my life' or something like that. I can't remember exactly how I worded it and didn't think it was particularly unique. Makes you wonder what the criteria was!

UK TimFan
04-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks Cynd. Good answer actually, as it's sort-of what Tim is implying in the song.

The criteria might have been 'anything that doesn't mention listening to Tim'. :grin:

irga
03-18-2014, 04:25 AM
I know I'm terribly late in pretty everything that has been posted here, but as a new and avid Borderer I'm going to catch up soon, hopefully. :-) Similarly to all of you outside the US, I am also blocked and can't watch FN video. As it is no longer available on Timothy's webside, is there any other way to see it? :hmm:

timfan
03-18-2014, 07:13 AM
The Friday night video is still available through Timothy's Youtube channel (http:// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFV0cBMRN54) but I know our members outside North America had trouble viewing it there.

bluefeather
03-18-2014, 08:49 AM
yeah doesn't work for me

irga
03-18-2014, 09:16 AM
For me neither :-(

secret squirrel
03-26-2014, 12:45 PM
For me neither :-(

Yeah - and I've never been able to watch it.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/opinion8-must-see-tv.html