PDA

View Full Version : Words of Wisdom - Quotes about the Eagles :)

Maleah
02-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Here we go! I mentioned that I would like to read some quotes about the Eagles (or individual members) from other musicians or celebs. Granted.......the "words of wisdom" part only applies if it's kind words ;)

Seeing as I have no quotes...............someone feel free to start us off? :D

sodascouts
02-26-2007, 08:37 PM
This is one from Cameron Crowe about Glenn, regarding the movie Almost Famous and how the main character is based on Glenn:

Who is Russell Hammond, really?

I saw Glenn Frey at a dinner party recently, and I realized that so much of Russell is Glenn. He was the coolest guy I had ever met in 1972. I was backstage at a concert interviewing everybody - the Eagles, King Crimson, Ballin' Jack, Chaka Khan. In the Eagles' dressing room, everyone's talking about Glenn - the one guy who isn't there. He's out looking for babes. Everyone's like, "The thing about Glenn," "Oh, one time Glenn and I..." And then, like a one-act play, Glenn appears. He walks in a little buzzed, he's got a long-neck Bud, and he's like, "How ya doing'?" Just classic. That whole thing of "Tonight, friends - tomorrow, the interview" was him. And there's one line he really did say to me: "Look, just make us look cool." He was also the first guy who told me about crafting a buzz long before I could ever enact it.

He's like, "If you want to craft a buzz correctly, you walk into a party, you drink two beers quickly. Then you drink a beer every hour and fifteen minutes after that. You'll always have a buzz and you'll never get too embarrassing." I was like, "Uh... yeah, I know that." Meanwhile, I'm furiously writing it down."

I love cute stories like that!

Maleah
02-26-2007, 08:51 PM
LOL That IS a cute story Soda and I love it too :D

DonFan
02-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Great idea for thread, Maleah. I have tons of good Eagles quotes, and when my life slows down a bit, I will post a few.

I love that Glenn/Cameron Crowe quote. Glenn really knew how to work a room--and an interview!

sodascouts
02-27-2007, 10:04 AM
This is from Stevie Nicks about Don, in a 1997 interview - it includes another cute story:

"Well, when Lindsey and I broke up during Rumours, I started going out with Don Henley. And you know, I was like the biggest Eagles fan of life. And we went out, on and off, for about two years. He was really cute, and he was elegant.... He is sexy. He's such an interesting guy.

Here's one thing that Don did that freaked my band out so much. We're all in Miami, Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles. They're recording at this gorgeous house they'd rented on the water. It's totally romantic. It's pink. It's like Mar-a-Lago. Anyway, he sends a limousine driver over to our hotel with a box of presents for me, and they're delivered right into the breakfast room where everyone's eating. There's a stereo, a bunch of fabulous records. There's incredible flowers and fruits, beautiful.. The limousine driver is taking all this out onto the table and I'm going, Oh, please, please, this is not going to go down well. And they want to know who it's from. And Lindsey is not happy. So I started going out with him. And this is not popular. Sure, Lindsey and I are totally broken up, I have every right in the world to go out with people, but...I spend most of my time with the band, and it's not real conducive to having a relationship. "

sodascouts
02-27-2007, 10:07 AM
And one from Stevie, about Joe Walsh in her Timespace Liner Notes, 1991:

"I guess in a very few rare cases...some people find someone that they fall in love with the very first time they see them...from across a room, from a million miles away. Some people call it love at first sight, and of course, I never believed in that until...that night...I walked into a party after a gig at the hotel, and from across the room, without my glasses I saw this man...and I walked straight to him...He held out his hands to me, and I walked straight into them. I remember thinking, I can never be far from this person again...he is my soul."

There are actually a lot of Stevie quotes about Don and Joe, but I'll control myself for now. ;)

Brooke
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Great idea, Maleah! I love reading them! :D

Maleah
02-27-2007, 12:12 PM
This is from Stevie Nicks about Don, in a 1997 interview - it includes another cute story:

"Well, when Lindsey and I broke up during Rumours, I started going out with Don Henley. And you know, I was like the biggest Eagles fan of life. And we went out, on and off, for about two years. He was really cute, and he was elegant.... He is sexy. He's such an interesting guy.

I find it quite funny how she goes "He WAS really cute, and he WAS elegant.....he IS sexy" ;) :laugh:

EasyFeeling
02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Very good thread. :D I can't contribute anything but I love to read the quotes. And I really love the romantic ones, Soda. 8)

sodascouts
02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Stevie talks about Glenn and Don in US Magazine 1981:

"I have striven to live up to the songwriting of [the Eagles'] Don Henley and Glenn Frey, Jackson Browne and Joni Mitchell," she says. "I learned a long time ago that I'd have to work very hard to get even a blink from any of them, not as a woman or a performer, but as a writer. To have Don sing on this album [Bella Donna] was the greatest compliment anybody could give me, and it took six years for it to happen.

"I knew Don thought I'd never be strong enough to break away from Fleetwood Mac even for a minute because they so completely wrapped up my life," Nicks allows. Her sensitivity to Henley's opinion is understandable; they had a brief romance after her breakup with Buckingham.

At the time, Eagle Glenn Frey accused her of being spoiled. The memory of that makes her bristle. "He knew I was in Fleetwood Mac; I wasn't exactly chopped liver," Nicks retorts. "I never forgot it. I thought, 'How dare they think I'm so shallow that I'm hanging around with a rock star because I have nothing else to do!'"

-----------------------
She expands on the story later that year:

From High Times 1981:

“When I was going out with Don, it was five years ago and I was much less busy. Fleetwood Mac was much less popular, we were just beginning. When I was with Lindsey, we lived together and were famous. It was the opposite extreme. I'll never forget the day I was up at Don's house having dinner with him and his manager, Irving Azoff, who is now my manager five years later, and Glenn Frey of the Eagles walked in and looked at me and said, "Spoiled yet," like no mention of Fleetwood Mac. I was not even in the league of a singer. I was nothing more than a girl. My claws went out and I wanted to get out of there.

High Times: I don't know him well, but that sounds typical of Glenn Frey.

SN: He's witchy! And I love Glenn and that was a long time ago. That was my first taste of what it was like to be a happening girl rock 'n roll singer and have people not relate to me like I even had a job. I went out with John David Souther for a while, who is cute and wonderful but very Texas and I found when I was with him, I didn't mention Fleetwood Mac ever. It didn't help my status with the man to bring up anything I did, so I didn't. And then you start saying, "But I work too. I'm happening. I write songs, but you aren't giving me a break."

DonFan
03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I have always loved the Eagles, but over the last few years, when I became aware of each man's individual voice and became completely transfixed by Don's voice in general, I have been trying to put my finger on exactly what it is about his voice that is so mesmerizing. Also, as a writer, I love words and appreciate a really good turn of phrase, especially when reviewers don't go for the old "Eagles Soar Again" line and write something original.

So, here are a couple of quotes that I really like:

From the Liverpool Daily Post, 6-28-06:

"With their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 still America's biggest selling album, it would be easy to write off the Eagles as little more than a corporate juggernaut. They're a good deal more than that: gifted purveyors of a genre few groups have been slick enough to match. Co-founder Don Henley may be a few pounds heavier and a lot older, but he still possesses the most haunting voice in rock music."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From The Straits Times, Singapore, 10-20-04:

"It was still unmistakeably Henley. No other rock voices boasts that distinctive power-racked rasp which is the vocal equivalent of tarnished silver--a precious metal tainted to yeild to its own beauty. Just to hear that legendary instrument sing about that infamous dark desert highway was a journey of light itself."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Twickenham Times, 6-20-06

"Those harmoniously meticulous meditations set the tone for a one-hour opening set that gathered together most of the songs associated with the classic Eagles sound. Leading from behind his drumkit, Don Henley and the band locked into a groove on the sultry, soulful 'One of These Nights.' A few songs later, when he donned a guitar for his flower-power requiem 'Boys of Summer,' scenes of boomer mayhem greeted its opening chords."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(As a full-fledged baby-boomer myself, that last one made me laugh. :wink: )

Brooke
03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Those are great, Dana! Very nice descriptions of that voice. :D

DonFan
03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Here's one more, from the Charleston Gazette, March 2005:

"Stepping out on the stage in stylish suits, the Eagles looked every bit the part of the so-called 'Mellow Mafia.' They were a mob of slick professionals led by a raspy-voiced, graying 'Don' who still knows a thing or two about making a hit."

(As a Sopranos fan, I got a kick out of the 'Mafia' reference. :twisted: )

Maleah
03-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Excellent quotes Dana! I especially love those first two! They say the words that I think when I hear Don's voice :D

sodascouts
03-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks for posting those Dana - the one from the Singapore paper is especially eloquent in describing Don's voice. It truly is one of a kind.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah - I was thinking the same thing about that comments in the Singapore paper, Soda. I love that analogy to describe "the most haunting voice in rock 'n roll."

DonFan
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I just watched the BOML clip that Soda put up, and in it J.D. Souther wishes Glenn a happy birthday. I know he has been a great friend of Don & Glenn's for many years, and that reminded me that I had another quote.

I don't remember where I read this one, but J. D. said:

"Glenn is a great natural country singer, and Henley brought that R&B sensibility with him. Don could sing anything he wrapped his voice around. That insanely beautiful voice, like 400-grain sandpaper, rough but fine, was incredible to hear."

glenneaglesfan
03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
These quotes are cool, thanks for posting them. It's interesting that it's only in the last few years that you recognised the different vocalists, DF. It's the same for me, but now I like to pick out who is singing in the backing vocals as well. I love those descriptions of Don's voice, especially J.D's:

That insanely beautiful voice, like 400-grain sandpaper, rough but fine, was incredible to hear.

DonFan
03-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I hate to admit it, but I listened to Joe Walsh's Life's Been Good for years before I finally figured out that he was in the Eagles. :shock:
Now, I do the same thing you do, GEF--listen for different voices in the background vocals.

Glennsallnighter
03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
I would know in most cases who is singing lead vocals on any Eagles song, but even I was surprised last Sunday. I had Glenn on in the kitchen (well on the ipod, not unfortunately in the flesh!) singing Desperado from Live in Dublin. The 5 year old walked in and announced "thats not the guy who usually sings Desperado is it?" She tends to be more exposed to Don because he 'lives' in the car on CD and I don't tend to speaker the ipod too often. Still I thought it was very good of her to recognise the differences in their voices almost immediately! She's a Tim Fan!! :roll:

03-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Wow GA - that's amazing that your 5 year can distinquished between their voices. You really are an EXCELLENT mother! :wink:

DF - I love the quote by J. D. - he hit the nail right on the head when describing "that insanely beautiful voice."

And everyone sigs look awesome - thank you Maleah one more time - you rock. :rockon:

Maleah
03-08-2007, 09:56 PM
:laugh: You're welcome! :D

glenneaglesfan
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I hate to admit it, but I listened to Joe Walsh's Life's Been Good for years before I finally figured out that he was in the Eagles. :shock:

I'm with you there! I've probably said this before, but when I got the Eagles Live tape I thought Joe was making a guest appearance - I really didn't have much of a clue about the band members.

GA, I'm truly impressed by your daughter's musical ear. I played Glenn's version to my teenage son, and said "Notice anything different?", but he didn't get it...

Perfect Little Sister
03-09-2007, 12:58 PM
When I had Jackson Browne's version of TIE playing my son asked who it was singing as it "didn't sound right". But then he's a teenager so he should have heard the difference. lol Good son that he is, he recognizes Glenn just fine. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
03-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Sure none of Glenns songs could 'sound right' if someone else was singing them could they?

Freypower
03-10-2007, 08:16 PM
TIE is far more Jackson Browne's song than it is Glenn's.

DonFan
03-10-2007, 08:42 PM
To get this thread back on topic, here is a quote from Don himself, from Songwriter magazine 1994:

Henley says he doesn't block out specific times for songwriting. "Glenn is much better at that than I am," he says. "He's much more disciplined. I just sort of wait for it to come to me. He likes to block out a certain amount of time every day and sit down and go, Okay, we're writing." When asked what makes a good collaborator, Henley replied, "Somebody with enthusiasm, somebody who is willing to carefully criticize and examine themselves--that's where most people fall down on the job. Most people don't take criticism very well from others or themselves. Glenn & I are very willing to criticize ourselves."

sodascouts
03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for that great quote from Don about Glenn, Dana! I actually have a few quotes from Glenn about the other members. Here are a couple things he's said about Timothy B. Schmit:

"Tim was great, really. He followed the path of least resistance and was a joy to work with, which was great because making The Long Run was such a struggle." (BAM 1982)

"Timothy Schmit [is] a sweetheart." (Rocky Mountain News 1992)

Aw!

timfan
03-12-2007, 03:06 PM
awww so sweet! :D

Here's a quote from Lita Ford about Joe:

Joe Walsh is a great guy and an unbelievable talent, I'd like to work with him again someday.

Maleah
03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
I liked how in this quote Don called Glenn "the glue" :D -

"Glenn never thought of himself as a great lead player, he was sort of intimidated by Joe Walsh and Don Felder, even though he hired them. But Glenn was like the glue, he was like what Keith Richards is to the Rolling Stones- he was a great rhythm player; he understood the importance of Chuck Berry and of great rhythm guitar. He understood how to play in his place and stay in his place and make everybody else look good, not have to step out in the spotlight and take a solo and be a virtuoso."

glenneaglesfan
03-13-2007, 03:41 AM
I like that: "He understood.... how to make everyone else look good".

Glenn speaking about Tim is sweet. Doesn't he also refer to him as the "ribbon on the package"?

03-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I like that: "He understood.... how to make everyone else look good".

Glenn speaking about Tim is sweet. Doesn't he also refer to him as the "ribbon on the package"?

GEF - I liked that remark, too. I guess that's what a good quarterback does!

And OBTW - I can't resist this shallow comment ... but, Glenn totally understands how to make himself look good, too. :shock:

glenneaglesfan
03-13-2007, 05:42 PM
And I can't help saying that your av is a good example, dreamer!!

timfan
03-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Here's a quote from Glenn from 1975 about the other band members:

"I mean we got the songs. We got the best country guitarist in Bernie Leadon, and the best rock'n'roll player in the world in Felder, and the best high-singin' bass player, and the best singin' drummer"

sodascouts
03-13-2007, 06:33 PM

I found one where he also refers to Randy in that way:

"Randy was like a ribbon. When I saw him [with Poco], my tongue just fell right out on the table. I just couldn't believe that anybody could look, sing and play cool all at the same time. It was too much for me." (The Long Run)

Freypower
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Regarding the 'glue' thing Glenn responds to it in the article 'Glenn Frey's benign dictatorship' in this way:

'I was. I guess so. That's very nice. That's another reason why I couldn't understand all these disturbances from the other players in the band, because I was subordinating myself... Besides being the glue, I was also the guy who said 'you sing this, you play lead on this - not me. I'd love to, but...' The bass players never gave us any trouble though. It was the guitar players'.

Then there is this:

'Well, you see I drafted all those guys. I was the one who chose Don Felder & chose Joe Walsh. I had a lot of singing to do. What I want to say is that it was all of my own choosing. I felt that for the benefit of the Eagles it was most important that we get a couple of blistering guitarists in there. After Bernie Leadon left my role as a singer became much more important. I had to be in tune all the time'.

DonFan
03-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Here's another quote from Glenn from last summer about the new album (and I didn't note where I first read it):

"We need the record execs to say 'It must be finished by September for a Christmas release.' We have to have a deadline. We put the DEAD in deadline."

And........we are still waiting........

(Although, as a writer myself, I have been known to put the DEAD in deadline too! :wink: )

Randy's Girl
03-22-2007, 03:03 PM

I found one where he also refers to Randy in that way:

"Randy was like a ribbon. When I saw him [with Poco], my tongue just fell right out on the table. I just couldn't believe that anybody could look, sing and play cool all at the same time. It was too much for me." (The Long Run)

Aww, that is so sweet - I had to keep scrolling up to read it again. Just makes me love him even more :inlove:

sodascouts
03-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Another quote from Stevie about Don from US Magazine in 1990, where she talks about the line from the song Sara "When you build your house - call me home."

"(laughs) He did [build the house]. And I was in it before he finished it."

Maleah
03-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Another quote from Stevie about Don from US Magazine in 1990, where she talks about the line from the song Sara "When you build your house - call me home."

I bet she was ;)

sodascouts
03-24-2007, 02:19 PM
A lot of us have heard Stevie's story about how she wrote "Has Anything Ever Written Anything for You" for Joe. Here is the story in her own words:

"[Joe] seemed to be in a lot of pain, though he hid it well. But finally... (we were in Denver), he rented a jeep and drove me up into the snow covered hills of Colorado... for about two hours... He wouldn't tell me where we were going... but he did tell me a story of a little daughter that he had lost. To Joe, she was more than a child... she was three and a half... and she could relate to him.

I guess I had been complaining about a lot of things going on on the road, and he decided to make me aware of how unimportant my problems were, if they were compared to worse sorrows. So he told me that he had taken his little girl to this magic park whenever he could, and the only thing she EVER complained about was that she was too little to reach up to the drinking fountain.

As we drove up to this beautiful park, (it was snowing a little bit), he came around to open my door and helped me down, and when I looked up and saw the park... his baby's park, and I burst into tears saying, 'You built a drinking fountain here for her... didn't you?' I was right, under a huge beautiful hanging tree, was a tiny silver drinking fountain... I left Joe to get to it, and on it, it said, 'dedicated to HER and all others who were too small to get a drink.'

So he wrote a song for her [Emma's Song] and I wrote a song for him... 'This is your song...' I said... to the people... but it was Joe's song. Thank you, Joe, for the most committed song I ever wrote... But more than that, thank you for inspiring me in so many ways. Nothing in my life ever seems as dark anymore since we took that drive."

glenneaglesfan
03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
That is a lovely story, Soda, and fills me up. I had tears in my eyes when I read it. Poor Joe. What a sweet memorial to Emma.

Maleah
03-24-2007, 06:27 PM
oh geez........that was absolutely heart wrenching! I teared up as well. It shows you so much more of Joe. I know he loved and probably would still love, lol, to party. But reading things like that makes you wonder if there wasn't something like this that's deeper that drove him to his addictions. It's so sad to lose a life.......devasting.........but how much more so to lose such a young life that's just blooming.

DonFan
03-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Aah....Stevie is a woman after my own heart!

Maleah
03-24-2007, 09:25 PM
What year did Don and Stevie break up? Or what year was the house finished? Afro days or post afro days? :laugh:

Maleah
09-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Did anyone read People's Magazine's little section on Melissa Etheridge: "The Soundtrack of my Life?"

It was kind of cool...they asked her what her first concert was and this was her reply:

"I saw the Eagles in Kansas City when I as about 15. My dad drove me and a friend, and he waited while we watchd the concert. It was awesome. "Take It to the Limit" brought the show to a halt."

Maleah
09-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh and another one........if you guys have Country Weekly.....Kenny Chesney had this to say about his new song, "Wild Ride," which features some wicked guitar solos and talk box from Joe Walsh. ;)

"I cut a Dwight Yoakam song called 'Wild Ride' that rocks as hard as anything I've ever done. It just takes you and slams you against this beat until there's not much left...and just when you can't take much more, another verse comes rolling in.

As if that's not enough, Joe Walsh came in and played on it. Not just played all that insane Joe Walsh guitar, either, but also did the voice box thing that transforms his voice. I grew up listening to his 'Life's Been Good' - I used to call it 'The Maserati Song' - now he's all over a song on one of my albums.

Me and my freinds used to use this line he said on the Eagles Live album when Don Henley introduced him as the next president of the United States of America. He said, 'Hey, maaaan, I'm FREAKING out!' We used to say that to each other ALL the time in college. to have him on this record, well, that's how I feel."

I thought it was pretty cool that you can tell kenny's a huge fan and was like a little kid, so excited that Joe was playing a song for him.

Maleah
09-16-2007, 01:23 PM
oh and obviously I didn't know where to put those........so I just put them here :lol:

sodascouts
09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for posting those quotes. I love it!

(And to answer that old question you asked months ago - I think Don and Stevie stopped seeing each other romantically around 1977 or 1978 - might have hooked up for sex a few times after though. Of course we know as friends they still get together to this day).

Maleah
09-16-2007, 01:36 PM
:lol: I forgot about that question! thanks for answering it though :D

Brooke
09-16-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm sitting here reading this about Joe and my stereo is on Sirius Classic Vinyl and Walk Away is playing! 8)

Mrs Frey
09-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Those are great quotes, Maleah - thanks for posting. I always find it heart-warming when I read positive quotes from successful artists in the music industry about my favourite artists. :D

tbs fanatic
09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Those are cool quotes. Okay, now I have to go to iTunes and try and find 'Wild Ride'.

sodascouts
01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
This is a quote by an Eagle about an Eagle, so I thought I'd stick it here!

I just got a Crawdaddy 1974 magazine (article here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/articles/crawdaddy74.htm)) and Don had this to say about Glenn:

"He adds the grease. He's all action and he moves more than any of us trying to get people off. Glenn's got a real positive ego and he's not afraid to do things even though sometimes he does them wrong. He pulls us all through because he's the catalyst."

Glenn said this about Don:
"Don Henley is like a rock, besides the fact that he's the best singer I've ever worked with."

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Aren't they such nice comments about each other. And I would imagine though some of the old tensions will always be there neither of them would argue with those comments even today, nearly 35 years later!

glenneaglesfan
01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Yes, those are very complimentary about each other. That's nice! Thanks for posting those, Soda.

DonFan
01-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Little Big Town is coming to Birmingham next week and there is an interview with them in the entertainment section of our newspaper today. When lead singer Jimi Westbrook was asked who was the "ultimate vocal group," this was his answer:

"It has to be the Eagles. I've seen them so many times, in so many different situations, and there's no difference between hearing them live and hearing them on CD."

Brooke
01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
I knew I loved Little Big Town for some other reason than their great music! They are smart, too! :wink:

Seriously, I really love their music and think they are such a cool group. You should go, DF. I had a chance last year to see them in a very small venue (500) and didn't take it and I've regretted it ever since. When I first heard them I thought they sounded "Eagleish".

Here's a couple of my fave videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCZel71Ip_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO672ERuz3Q&feature=related

DonFan
01-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I do like them, a lot, especially after we saw them in Nashville at the CMAs. I would like to go but they are opening for George Strait in our civic center and I am saving my ticket $$$ for this other group...what was their name? Oh yeah, the Eagles. :wink:

Maleah
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Little Big Town is coming to Birmingham next week and there is an interview with them in the entertainment section of our newspaper today. When lead singer Jimi Westbrook was asked who was the "ultimate vocal group," this was his answer:

"It has to be the Eagles. I've seen them so many times, in so many different situations, and there's no difference between hearing them live and hearing them on CD."

In CMT's "20 Questions" with LBT, Jimi also talked about the Eagles.

6. I heard you sing "Heartache Tonight" in concert and was wondering if the Eagles influenced all of you (or any of you) and your style of music. Do you ever perform any of their other songs?

Jimi Westbrook: Yes, the Eagles are definitely an influence. When you think of great harmony bands, you think of the Eagles. They strive for perfection in a live setting. We would love to hold up that standard of performance. We occasionally have performed "Life in the Fast Lane," as well.

And let me tell you....you can tell when they sing Heartache Tonight that they have listened to the Eagles.....a LOT! lol They do a great job on it and were fantastic live!

EasyFeeling
01-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Here's a couple of my fave videos:

Thanks for posting the videos. I really like the music, great harmonies, very Eagleish. 8) I think I should get an album. Any recommendations? :?:

sodascouts
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM
They've also performed with Lindsey Buckingham to great effect. A terrific group!

Brooke
01-13-2008, 03:29 PM
I only have one cd of theirs, The Road To Here. I love it. I want to get their new one, too.

I love their harmonies. :D

Their CMT Crossroads show with Lindsey was great!